PDA

View Full Version : Ricks Rant: LBJ Tone it down a bit

AirCanada15ORL
03-29-2010, 09:30 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/03/29/20100329_ricks_rant.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

NYK_kidd77
03-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Cant say i disagree but hey what ever he is the best player in the league.

KmB728
03-29-2010, 10:26 PM
:clap: someone had to say it

Toenail Clipper
03-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah!
LeBron's a homo

AirCanada15ORL
03-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I liked the way Rick presented it.

MTone8788
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
I can't believe this guy actually gets paid to sit on camera for four minutes complaining about lebron

majmarcus
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
I bet someone comes in cryin like a b!tch screamin "/thread....this is a baiting post"! LBJ does need to shut the hell up. So Rick is right on with this one!!!!

MTone8788
03-29-2010, 10:46 PM
When Lebron said this, what was the question he was asked? You never hear both sides.

I find it funny so many people get so upset over something so insignificant. OMG he said he could win it every year!!! Get over it, it's not the end of the world.

_KB24_
03-29-2010, 10:47 PM
It's true. His arrogance astonishes me. I like how Kamla brought up Kobe, Wade, and Durant. You can add Melo on that list as well. They all have to much respect for the game to act like little kids. And stop with the "he's a kid and having fun" BS, I don't see young lings like Durant and Rose acting like douches.

Jahari Kavi
03-29-2010, 10:50 PM
LOL....this rant is funny.....I can see being mad at Bron not participating in the dunk contest (I wanted to see that as well)....but I don't see the big deal about his comments here....he's just saying that winning the scoring title isn't his ultimate goal.

Giaps
03-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Rick nailed it on every single point. I am a LBJ fan and his arrogance annoys me.

AirCanada15ORL
03-29-2010, 10:56 PM
The dancing section made me sick lol.
Rick Kamla (one of the most knowledgable NBA experts) pretty much covered how I express Lebron. LBJ Could do it most likely, but the comments weren't necessary. Why did he feel the need to add that?
It truly is arrogance and I dont get why ppl try so hard to defend this, defend the dancing, defend the confiscation of dunk video, defend the no shaking hands so hard. He's not a god who can do no wrong. He has his flaws.

No it's not the end of the world, but yes it was necessary to discuss, it was a heavy comment that was disrespectful/arrogant/cocky.

And to comment on it, I don't see why Lebron thinks he clearly has the edge over so many players like Melo, Durant, Kobe, Wade, etc.

Rick's Rant was 100% spot on imo. Everything he said.

Lakersfan2483
03-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Great pts. by Rick Kamla.

COBY KARL
03-29-2010, 11:05 PM
LeBron is oblivious to his arrogance. He truly believes himself to be the "King" of the NBA since everything was handed to him from the start.

There's a difference between being confident and bigheaded.

Some people will complain that Kobe has some said some arrogant comments in the past.
Although he may have, for the most part, his remarks have been true.

I also like how Rick mentioned Durant. This kid is so humble. I remember seeing him during an interview last when he was avg. 25 ppg that he didn't think of himself as an all star.

GaSoft16
03-29-2010, 11:09 PM
I don't see where Kamla went wrong with his rant. He basically hit every point. He even pointed out that he himself is a LeBron fan and acknowledged that this arrogance is part of LeBron's growing pains (which Kobe had to go thru as well, but his was more with his teammates and that sex scandal).

I would be highly disappointed if any Cavs fan or LeBron fan got pissed because of this, because it is the truth. The fact that "winning a scoring title doesn't matter" is where LBJ shot himself in the foot. He could've simply said "It would be an honor to get another scoring title, but I'm not going to jeopardize our team's chance of winning and securing HCA because of it".

jackdawson
03-29-2010, 11:13 PM
LOL...Rick Kamla is an "Attention Whore." That's all I can say after seeing him pick LeBron James every time. How famous LeBron and how famous Rick Kamla? There is your answer and the reason of him being an attention whore.

tredigs
03-29-2010, 11:17 PM
The fact that he brought up the rushing title in football or batting title in baseball is actually a pretty terrible comparison. The rushing and batting title are always a good thing for your team, while shooting for the scoring title can in itself be seen as arrogance and can be a detriment to your team if it upsets the flow of your teams offense.

And the bottom line is that Rick is just some douchey commentator, while Lebron is one of the premiere players in the world, and truthfully doesn't owe this guy or anyone else a thing. To have a "rant" about someone elses behavior that doesn't negatively affect anyone except for possibly his own image just resonates as pathetic to me.

My .02.

Giaps
03-29-2010, 11:21 PM
So I guess people who are not that famous can't make legit points???

You guys are a disgrace if you believe that.

MTone8788
03-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I rather hear Lebron say that he could win the scoring title then to see so many people on PSD moan and complain over it. It's stupid. Whatever, he's cocky, big deal. He is one of the best in the world, if not, the best. Everyone is different, Lebron dances, Durant doesn't. Different personalities.

There is so much worse to complain about, like the dumb players who do bad things OFF the court.

AirCanada15ORL
03-29-2010, 11:29 PM
It's his job to comment on things like this. He could have defended Lebron's arrogant comments, but that's not what he felt on the subject, so he presented his thoughts in a proffessional way. I was really glad Kamla did this.
That doesnt make him an attention whore. It's his job to comment on these things.

And now Lebron is more famous than him so that denies anything he's got to say? So you think Kenny Smith has good opinions because he's more famous?

Jahari Kavi
03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
and arrogance has been displayed by just about every great player to touch the floor.....Rick Kamlan is just making some airtime news, because his producers probably pushed him to do so, lol...........

AirCanada15ORL
03-29-2010, 11:32 PM
I rather hear Lebron say that he could win the scoring title then to see so many people on PSD moan and complain over it. It's stupid. Whatever, he's cocky, big deal. He is one of the best in the world, if not, the best. Everyone is different, Lebron dances, Durant doesn't. Different personalities.

There is so much worse to complain about, like the dumb players who do bad things OFF the court.

Yes you're right. Lebron dances, Durant doesn't.
That's why people say Lebron has a douche bag personality and humble players like Durant don't. So what are you defending now?

No one is complaining about his play, they're complaining about his personality.

NYtilIdie
03-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Well heres my .02 and you'll either love it or hate either way your gonna deal with it.

I don't mind Lebron being cocky he was just speaking the truth. Its nice see players stand out and be themselves instead of this goody-goody two shoes the media and fans want them to be.

Even though I can't stand Kobe I had no problem with him being cocky by saying he has no offensive flaws because he's just speaking the truth.

You guys want players to be robots; all act alike and be boring. If thats the case go watch the No Fun League or what we know as the NFL.

jackdawson
03-29-2010, 11:36 PM
So I guess people who are not that famous can't make legit points???

You guys are a disgrace if you believe that.

:facepalm::facepalm:

I thought I wrote english. Anyway, by that I meant Rick always picks LeBron just to make himself a big name. Now it's working. We are talking about it here on PSD. If anyone didnt know who the **** RK was, now knows.

blacknell
03-29-2010, 11:37 PM
lebron is the face of the NBA he can act anyway he wants

jackdawson
03-29-2010, 11:38 PM
and arrogance has been displayed by just about every great player to touch the floor.....Rick Kamlan is just making some airtime news, because his producers probably pushed him to do so, lol...........

This^^^. Couldn't be said it better. Thanks dawg!

MTone8788
03-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Yes you're right. Lebron dances, Durant doesn't.
That's why people say Lebron has a douche bag personality and humble players like Durant don't. So what are you defending now?

No one is complaining about his play, they're complaining about his personality.

I'm not defending anything. My point is that you can't compare them. People are different and express themselves differently. Maybe you think it's douche baggish, but you're suppose to have fun at work right? This is their job, if Lebron enjoys dancing then so be it. It's a team sport, and obviously Lebron's "douche baggish" antics are good for his team because they have great chemistry, they get along and have a good time all while being a great team.

AirCanada15ORL
03-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Gilbert thought pulling a gun on his teammate was fun. It's all about having fun at work though right?
Hate to compare to the past, but could you picture Larry Bird, MJ, Olajuwan, or Magic doing the stanky leg dance after each win?

sventhedog
03-29-2010, 11:59 PM
it's called equilibrium. jordan was so great in basketball as a player but wasn't born with the ability to draft rookies properly.

this is what makes this world unpredictable. you have this strength but you can't not have a weakness. otherwise everyone else would be suffering while watching a 'perfect' person take everything on earth.

lebron was so gifted physically, you think he would've been born with a functional brain?

NYK_kidd77
03-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Its hard to ignore how immature Lebron is but if he were on my team i may be able to overlook it lol.

sventhedog
03-30-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm not defending anything. My point is that you can't compare them. People are different and express themselves differently. Maybe you think it's douche baggish, but you're suppose to have fun at work right? This is their job, if Lebron enjoys dancing then so be it. It's a team sport, and obviously Lebron's "douche baggish" antics are good for his team because they have great chemistry, they get along and have a good time all while being a great team.

so lebron can taunt you or punch you in the face just because they have great chemistry and they get along well and they can have a good time? lol.

please don't be fooled. of course the nba would say things. if they say, lebron was just trying to entertain fans, then people would believe it.

put yourself in the position of nba media people, would you say this -- "lebron was seen yesterday dancing like an idiot to disrespect the bulls. therefore, don't buy any of lebron's jersey or accesories at the NBA store. we don't need the money and profit if it would come from a disrespectful act"

NYtilIdie
03-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Gilbert thought pulling a gun on his teammate was fun. It's all about having fun at work though right?
Hate to compare to the past, but could you picture Larry Bird, MJ, Olajuwan, or Magic doing the stanky leg dance after each win?

Thats a horrible example, doing the stanky leg in no way threatens someones life.

See while MJ or Bird may not have danced they were still cocky.

How many times have we heard stories about Jordan's arrogance? countless times the dude was one of the biggest trash talkers of his time. If you put a prime Jordan in todays game with the same attitude and everything, he would have his defender in tears by the end of the night.

We've all heard Bird's "Who's finishing 2nd" story which alone shows how cocky he was.

See cockiness and arrogance has always been part of the game its just been expressed in different ways either through trash talking or dancing, its always been around and is nothing new.

sventhedog
03-30-2010, 12:14 AM
it's not a question of talent but a question of IQ. nobody's questioning what he can do on the court but is his brain functioning properly that leaves a question mark.

so stop thinking about lebron's stats and their best record and see things objectively.

AirCanada15ORL
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
I think hitting fame so early messed him up. Honestly. Look at what happens to child stars.
That or the steroids.

sventhedog
03-30-2010, 12:20 AM
I think hitting fame so early messed him up. Honestly. Look at what happens to child stars.
That or the steroids.

i agree.

Toenail Clipper
03-30-2010, 12:26 AM
That or the steroids.

you always reply to your own thread so it keeps bumping up the page
:D

gangis2169
03-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Honestly, its good to know that there is at least one person in the sports media world isn't on Lebron's nuts. You will never see that on ESPN! I'm not a Lebron fan at all but I don't nit pick the things I hate about him. Ricks Rant, although very very true, was done in bad taste. The single thing that I didn't like that Lebron did was dancing during the game. I don't care what he says or what he does. In reality winning matters and the guy has not done that. It could be really really bad for his career if he can not get it done this year considering this is his best chance plus it will be a fairly easy road. I think Lebron is a great player but he needs to detach himself from the whole hip hop world. Its killing his image in a game where nothing but professionals win who are serious about the game.

PS I'm a huge hip hop fan and believe me true hip hop fans know this guy is just along for the ride.

gangis2169
03-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote from NYtilIdie
See cockiness and arrogance has always been part of the game its just been expressed in different ways either through trash talking or dancing, its always been around and is nothing new.

True, but its a different era and back then guys like BIRD, MAGIC, JORDAN, ETC. were all winning championships against each other in wars of series. Lebron..... Not so much. Actually not AT ALL! So yeah if Shaq and Duncan wanted to have words through the media (Although they really did'nt) Im gonna have to say its ok considering they were killing each other for titles.

29$JerZ
03-30-2010, 01:24 AM
Is it a sin to criticize players?

gangis2169
03-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Is it a sin to criticize players?

LOL, not at all but apparently when its Lebron it is.

domz248
03-30-2010, 01:45 AM
how can you say he's the best player ?? he's the best regular season player yes by far but they only give you season mvps for that ... when he made it to the big show he got swept 4-0 ... the season don't matter just june

Raph12
03-30-2010, 02:01 AM
Chronz should check this out.

I felt the exact same way about Lebron's childish behaviour of late. It's like I said in the other thread, his arrogance is just mind-blowing. I love Lebron, but some quirks in his personality are getting to me.

Er1c
03-30-2010, 03:30 AM
he's a great player and arguably the best in the game today. but after what he has done...dancing on the sideline, ignorant comment on scoring title...blah blah blah. he is a dou che

hans dolo
03-30-2010, 03:46 AM
i say let lebron be as arrogant as he wants to be. he's the best friggin player in the league right now. most marketable. most desired. lbj for president 2012

thapharcyd
03-30-2010, 03:56 AM
I agree with most of what he said.... but meh, not a huge deal.

GaSoft16
03-30-2010, 04:19 AM
I agree with most of what he said.... but meh, not a huge deal.

That is a very offensive signature. Be considerate of others and take that down as well as that "gay" comment you have under the picture.

D Roses Bulls
03-30-2010, 04:32 AM
ricks got it right...... **** lebroom. the dude has the biggest ego ive ever seen in the nba. remember lebroom, you arnt even the best player in the league and you wont win a title this year.

ElMarroAfamado
03-30-2010, 05:52 AM
its going to be so great when lebron james doesnt win a title this year...
its gonna be funny to see his fans come up with excuses for him....

Trouble87
03-30-2010, 06:18 AM
LBJ is so good he has a right to be over the top arrogant... He'll only be this good for a mere moment of his life, let the guy enjoy it.

D Roses Bulls
03-30-2010, 06:30 AM
LBJ is so good he has a right to be over the top arrogant... He'll only be this good for a mere moment of his life, let the guy enjoy it.

if that was the case, kobe or wade should be that way as well but they arnt. the dude is not in a new york uniform and hes not reading this so stop sucking up to LBJ.

magichatnumber9
03-30-2010, 06:59 AM
I have a simple solution to the dancing. You see him do it knock out a couple of his teeth. Man up league don't let Stern take both of your testicles.

bigsams50
03-30-2010, 07:47 AM
ricks got it right...... **** lebroom. the dude has the biggest ego ive ever seen in the nba. remember lebroom, you arnt even the best player in the league and you wont win a title this year.

Big Words comming from a guy whose team might not even make the playoffs:eyebrow:

SirCalvin81
03-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Nice

Stay_Swim
03-30-2010, 08:30 AM
lebron is the face of the NBA he can act anyway he wants

Actually, no you can't. When become such a star you are held to another standard, LBJ is just to much an attention whore to STFU.

Stay_Swim
03-30-2010, 08:33 AM

Well then if thats true then D-Wade and Kobe should be shooting they're mouths off like no tomorrow, because they actually have won something that means something.

stawka
03-30-2010, 08:42 AM

You're right. D-Rose>Rondo>Kidd>Magic

TheKing23
03-30-2010, 11:03 AM
This is just a LeBron bait thread. Come in here and agree with Dick Kamla about LeBron being too arrogant, blah blah blah.

I think anyone that watches NBA TV and Rick's rants and all that ****, can see the guys clearly has a bone to pick with LeBron. The whole dancing thing, fair enough, it's not to everyone's taste, but i'm not getting in to that.

I don't understand how LeBron is meant to be disrespecting the game, he stated something that's pretty true... If he tried his hardest he could probably average 40 a game, as could Kobe, Carmelo, Durant and Wade. Kamla clearly misinterpreted LeBron's quote as well. When he said it didn't matter, he clearly meant that's not his goal, personally, for him, but Rick managed to twist that out of context to make LeBron look like a douche.

His rant would've been more justified had it been about Kobe claiming he has no offensive weakness, or Monta saying that he's the 2nd best player in the league, that's arrogance right there. But neither of them are the best basketball players in the world, so they don't have that target on their back.

coloradobuff
03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
he should just shutup and play

D Roses Bulls
03-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Big Words comming from a guy whose team might not even make the playoffs:eyebrow:

hey, we had injuries, but were still only a half game out of it. when lebron doesnt win a title this year, what will be his excuse? :)

SA5195
03-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Agreed everything Rick said.

sep11ie
03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
The fact that he brought up the rushing title in football or batting title in baseball is actually a pretty terrible comparison. The rushing and batting title are always a good thing for your team, while shooting for the scoring title can in itself be seen as arrogance and can be a detriment to your team if it upsets the flow of your teams offense.

And the bottom line is that Rick is just some douchey commentator, while Lebron is one of the premiere players in the world, and truthfully doesn't owe this guy or anyone else a thing. To have a "rant" about someone elses behavior that doesn't negatively affect anyone except for possibly his own image just resonates as pathetic to me.

My .02.

Tell that to Barry Sanders

runforrestrunx9
03-30-2010, 04:49 PM
:clap: someone had to say it

yup, had 2 be done

drobe86
03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Winning a scoring title really doesn't matter. Iverson won a few of those, and what has it gotten him? LBJ is arrogant but frankly why shouldn't he be. He's the best player in the NBA and arguably the best athlete in all of sports. I mean I'm no Cavs so I really don't care but lets be real.... I don't see what the big deal is. People overanalyze Lebron too much. Just because he doesn't care about the scoring title doesn't make his opinion wrong.... Just because he likes to have fun during games and celebrate with his teammates isn't wrong. It's a damn game, and people should realize that. Games are supposed to be fun. If he were doing all that and the Cavs were losing maybe I could see peoples point. But the Cavs have the best record in the league. He gets his work done each and every night, so what's wrong with enjoying all that comes with being the best player in the NBA? People need to get off his dick...

AirCanada15ORL
03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Come in here and agree with Dick Kamla

I think anyone that watches NBA TV and Rick's rants and all that ****

but Rick managed to twist that out of context to make LeBron look like a douche.

twould've been more justified had it been about Kobe claiming he has no offensive weakness, or Monta saying that he's the 2nd best player. But neither of them are the best basketball players in the world, so they don't have that target on their back.

What do Lebron's fans share in common with Lebron?

anyways I thought'd I'd let you know "Dick" Kamla didn't make Lebron look like a douche, Lebron did.

And I enjoyed that arrogant, cocky, and immature comment about Kobe (4 championships) not being the best player in the world like that god-like player Lebron is. Poor Lebron with his target on his back. That tiny tiny target that's to be included with the mile long thick shield of ESPN.

GaSoft16
03-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Scoring titles do matter, and whoever says they don't is simply an ignoramus.

What you have to understand is that the game about basketball is not just about championships. It's not just about the "destination". It's about the journey and the ups and downs one individual goes through for his or her career. Scoring titles, rookie of the yr, DPOY, All-star game MVP, league MVP, all-nba 1st, all-defensive team etc. etc. give novelty to a person's career. It's a buildup of a person's career so that they ultimately reach that pinnacle that is the NBA Championship.

_KB24_
03-30-2010, 09:23 PM
This is just a LeBron bait thread. Come in here and agree with Dick Kamla about LeBron being too arrogant, blah blah blah.

I think anyone that watches NBA TV and Rick's rants and all that ****, can see the guys clearly has a bone to pick with LeBron. The whole dancing thing, fair enough, it's not to everyone's taste, but i'm not getting in to that.

I don't understand how LeBron is meant to be disrespecting the game, he stated something that's pretty true... If he tried his hardest he could probably average 40 a game, as could Kobe, Carmelo, Durant and Wade. Kamla clearly misinterpreted LeBron's quote as well. When he said it didn't matter, he clearly meant that's not his goal, personally, for him, but Rick managed to twist that out of context to make LeBron look like a douche.

His rant would've been more justified had it been about Kobe claiming he has no offensive weakness, or Monta saying that he's the 2nd best player in the league, that's arrogance right there. But neither of them are the best basketball players in the world, so they don't have that target on their back.

I guess your smoking some **** while watching NBA TV because Kamla was one of the FIRST people to jump onto the Lebron band wagon. The guy specializes in Fantasy Stats and he started calling Lebron the best player in the World back in 07. He even called Kobe's defense overrated compared to Lebrons so I don't know what the **** your trying to say by Kamla picking on Lebron.

ARMIN12NBA
03-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Truthfully, I thought his quote that went something along the lines of him being God's gift was worse, but hey, that is just me.

Rego247
03-30-2010, 09:40 PM
i think he went about it in an arrogant way, but i think he meant meant he only cares about championships, he meant to say the right thing, but he didnt he present in the right way, thus it comes of as arrogant.

if he said "i just want to win the ship so the scoring title doesnt matter" he coulda ended it right there, he didnt need to mention the fact he could win it every year. kobe could win it every year too, but he cares about the ships. not to say that lebron doesnt

didnt kobe say i dont care if lebron wins mvp, as long as i get the title - it doesnt come off as arrogant cuz he didnt mention he could win MVP every year.

perception is everyting.

sventhedog
04-05-2010, 09:10 PM
became a durant fan. but after i saw him dancing at yesterday's highlights, i've lost some respect. maybe he thought lebron's dancing was cool?

can't these young players realize why jordan bird or magic didn't dance on the court???? players became so concern with showing off that their IQ has declined every season.

seriously, lebron, then now durant, following antoine walker's dancing footsteps??

sventhedog
04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
i think he went about it in an arrogant way, but i think he meant meant he only cares about championships, he meant to say the right thing, but he didnt he present in the right way, thus it comes of as arrogant.

if he said "i just want to win the ship so the scoring title doesnt matter" he coulda ended it right there, he didnt need to mention the fact he could win it every year. kobe could win it every year too, but he cares about the ships. not to say that lebron doesnt

didnt kobe say i dont care if lebron wins mvp, as long as i get the title - it doesnt come off as arrogant cuz he didnt mention he could win MVP every year.

perception is everyting.

then why didn't lebron perceive that dancing in the court in the middle of the game is stupid?

td0tsfinest
04-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Rick really hates Lebron. I never seen him go after a guy like he does with LBJ.

sargon21
04-06-2010, 12:26 AM

are you ****ing kidding me, a bobcats fan talking about winning hahaha:facepalm:, and whats with you bringing up his team when it has nothing to do with lebron and his HUGE ego

iFYouSeekAmy
04-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Yeah!
LeBron's a homo

I have no idea why, but scrolling down and seeing this, made me chuckle a bit.

JNA17
04-06-2010, 07:58 AM

perception is everyting.

this.

It's funny how lebron fans think that kobe is also arrogant yet there has not been cases where he was that kind of person for most likely 4 or 5 years. But i guess being a winner is also being arrogant :rolleyes: