PDA

View Full Version : I Think Reggie Williams Might Be An All Star Next Season

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 04:16 PM
If anybody has been watching Warriors' games they know about this guy. We called him up from the NBDL and hes been amazing for us picking up the leftover scoring that we need with so many injuries.

Keep in mind hes only been with the team since being called up from the NBDL for 1 month.

In his last 5 games hes averaging 19.6/5.2/3.0 while averaging over 50% from the field this month. To come out of the NBDL, this guy has one of the most versatile games I've ever seen in terms of his scoring for a call up. He can go left, go right, pull up, spot up, etc. How did he go undrafted?

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I wish I had a video highlight reel to show you guys, but when he shoots it seems like 90% of the time its all net.

You can literally hear the SWISH! from the TV screen.

blackjack_119
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Like everyone on the Warriors, he is a great offensive player, but a 13-year-old girl could drop 20 on him. It is more appropriate to describe his lateral "slowness" as opposed to lateral "quickness."

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Like everyone on the Warriors, he is a great offensive player, but a 13-year-old girl could drop 20 on him. It is more appropriate to describe his lateral "slowness" as opposed to lateral "quickness."

Its hard to be viewed as a "good" defender when defense isn't preached in the system used. Its nothing more than applying pressure and getting up court if you cant keep your man from scoring.

Thats the just how it works.

sixers247
03-29-2010, 04:30 PM
He sucks. Get over it and get over him. You will not even here his name next year if he happens to be on a roster. There was a reaosn noone drafted him. He's not good and just had a couple good games on a team where stats are inflated like crazy.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 04:32 PM
He sucks. Get over it and get over him. You will not even here his name next year if he happens to be on a roster. There was a reaosn noone drafted him. He's not good and just had a couple good games on a team where stats are inflated like crazy.

http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4583]

dwadefan03
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
maybe not an allstar but definatley a good player. the warriors have done an amzing job scouting talent. just cuz he plays for the warriors doesnt mean he cant play defense. if hes required to maybe he can produce on the defensive end...its all about the philsophy. take shawn marion for example. in phoenix it looked as tho he was horrible on D, but after he left he was given a reputation as a good defender and not just a highflyer. its very possible that reggie williams could be an impactful player, but i think its a stretch to call him an allstar

GSW Hoops
03-29-2010, 04:59 PM

I guess undrafted players like Ben Wallace, Brad Miller, Jose Calderon, Raja Bell and Bruce Bowen were never any good in the NBA :facepalm:

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 05:05 PM
maybe not an allstar but definatley a good player. the warriors have done an amzing job scouting talent. just cuz he plays for the warriors doesnt mean he cant play defense. if hes required to maybe he can produce on the defensive end...its all about the philsophy. take shawn marion for example. in phoenix it looked as tho he was horrible on D, but after he left he was given a reputation as a good defender and not just a highflyer. its very possible that reggie williams could be an impactful player, but i think its a stretch to call him an allstar

I think he has a chance as that 3rd SF in the West behind only Durant and Melo. The system suits him perfectly, hopefully we dont screw this up by limiting his role in favor of Buike or another draft pick.

MTone8788
03-29-2010, 05:32 PM

MIKE JAMES.... went undrafted.

So choose your words wisely grasshopper.

CarniifeX
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I think Terrence Williams will be an All-Star next season.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
I think Terrence Williams will be an All-Star next season.

No doubt, he has some serious game. He just needs to work on his scoring ability, hes like an Andre Iguodala type of player.

tredigs
03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Reggie Williams is SICK talent. And it's true that you can't even effectively see how he will be defensively until the Warriors actually set up a semblance of a defensive minded system. But you've gotta admit that it's also true that his lateral quickness will be the biggest deterrent for him to ever be a great wing defender. But with the way he can score? He only needs to be competent there to be a major contributing factor.

This is a kid who LED the NCAA in scoring his junior and senior year. A lot of scouts looked past him because he played for a mid-major and a high octane offense, and didn't want to risk a pick on him. But the guy also was leading the D-League in scoring when he got called up. And best of all, he does it with amazing efficiency. This guys 6'6" and has a fg% > 50%, and shoots 40% + from three.

He's a very, very good talent. But now the Dubs have two of the best under the radar scorers in the game playing the same position (Morrow and him). I'd like to see Monta in a sign and trade for a big a la Carlos Boozer, and Morrow slide to the 2 along with Curry.

Curry / Morrow / Williams or Maggette / Big sign or Cousins in the draft (Randolph) / Biedrins (Tolliver)

^With a solid coach, that is not a bad worst case scenario. If Ellison buys the team? Sky's the limit.

sep11ie
03-29-2010, 05:47 PM
^ Not trying to start an argument, but has A.I.2 ever made an all-star game? Seriously, I dont know if he has or hasn't.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
^ Not trying to start an argument, but has A.I.2 ever made an all-star game? Seriously, I dont know if he has or hasn't.

I dont think so. They'd rather give ASG spots to the likes of Mo Williams and Al Horford.

GSW Hoops
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
I think he has a chance as that 3rd SF in the West behind only Durant and Melo. The system suits him perfectly, hopefully we dont screw this up by limiting his role in favor of Buike or another draft pick.

We'll sit him on the bench next to Randolph :facepalm:

Jacob K.
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
MIKE JAMES.... went undrafted.

So choose your words wisely grasshopper.

this is why i come to this site

Cash
03-29-2010, 06:16 PM
You guys do realize that Derrick Rose is the only player since Lebron to be on an all-star team in their second year. That means Carmelo Anthony,Chris Bosh,Dwight Howard,Amare Stoudemire, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Durant, etc weren't even able to make it on the all-star team their 2nd years. What on earth makes you guys believe Terrance Williams and Reggie Williams actually have a chance of making the all-star team next year?

ValuePick
03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
you guys do realize that derrick rose is the only player since lebron to be on an all-star team in their second year. That means carmelo anthony,chris bosh,dwight howard,amare stoudemire, dwayne wade, kevin durant, etc weren't even able to make it on the all-star team their 2nd years. What on earth makes you guys believe terrance williams and reggie williams actually have a chance of making the all-star team next year?

lol

sep11ie
03-29-2010, 06:31 PM
I dont think so. They'd rather give ASG spots to the likes of Mo Williams and Al Horford.

Yea, thats kinda B.S. Al Horford, please. And I'm one of the only people that says Mo Williams is OVER-RATED!

sep11ie
03-29-2010, 06:37 PM
this is why i come to this site

Offilcial Rules of PSD.

1. DON'T **** WITH MIKE JAMES!
2. Make a minimum of 17 LeBron James threads a day.
3. Turn a minimum of 27 NBA threads into a "where will LBJ end up" a day.
4. Never talk about Derridk Rose, Bulls fans will hunt you down and kill you.
5. Your probably not funny, so don't try.
6. Do not type entire posts in all caps.
7. gRammAr aannd spellnig r impotant

tredigs
You guys do realize that Derrick Rose is the only player since Lebron to be on an all-star team in their second year. That means Carmelo Anthony,Chris Bosh,Dwight Howard,Amare Stoudemire, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Durant, etc weren't even able to make it on the all-star team their 2nd years. What on earth makes you guys believe Terrance Williams and Reggie Williams actually have a chance of making the all-star team next year?

I don't think either will be all stars. That's a complete oversight. And thinking he'll be the 3rd best SF in the west behind Durant and Melo is also way off. Dirk Nowitzki and Rudy Gay are a couple off the top of my head that are still going to be head 'n shoulders ahead of him, regardless of how well he does next year.

R_O_W_E

Its blatant nameism. The NBA has long discredited all Williams' associated with the NBA.

Stunner
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
I wish I had a video highlight reel to show you guys, but when he shoots it seems like 90% of the time its all net.

You can literally hear the SWISH! from the TV screen.

didnt find a nba highlight but is he still doing this for GS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd-or3IF_Hw

sportsbux
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
The Warriors run and gun every game. It's clear because they are the worst defending team in the league, hands down. Reggie can shoot and score, but until he plays some defense, he won't be an all-star.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't think either will be all stars. That's a complete oversight. And thinking he'll be the 3rd best SF in the west behind Durant and Melo is also way off. Dirk Nowitzki and Rudy Gay are a couple off the top of my head that are still going to be head 'n shoulders ahead of him, regardless of how well he does next year.

When did Dirk Nowitzki become a SF?:eyebrow:

Rudy "All I can do is dunk" Gay is without question one of the most overrated players in the NBA. I'd take Reggie Williams over Rudy Gay, a lot of people haven't even seen Williams play and are commenting on him. His scoring ability is just ill.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
didnt find a nba highlight but is he still doing this for GS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd-or3IF_Hw

That fan in the video just gave birth to what should be his nickname.

Reggie Rain. Yeah he can put up a lot of points, and remember this is just his first month in the NBA after an entire season in the NBDL as his team's leading scorer. Don Nelson's offense doesn't look complicated but with his eagerness to yank players it requires a lot of understanding on positioning and where to be on the court.

Hes on Don Nelson's good side right now and is getting enough minutes to showcase himself. Hes going to score 40 points eventually this season, thats just what Warriors players do.

KING_witha_HALO
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
i cant believe this is even a thread..if reggie williams is in the top 15 of forwards in the west all star voting next year i will buy the warriors

tredigs
03-29-2010, 06:51 PM
When did Dirk Nowitzki become a SF?:eyebrow:

Rudy "All I can do is dunk" Gay is without question one of the most overrated players in the NBA. I'd take Reggie Williams over Rudy Gay, a lot of people haven't even seen Williams play and are commenting on him. His scoring ability is just ill.

Dirk plays more similar to a SF than a PF, and plays SF in their system when they go big, but you're right technically he's PF. And to discount Rudy Gay as being a dunker and that's it is pretty ridiculous. Dude's a solid player, and if you were a GM, you'd be the only one who would take Reggie Williams over him. His defense is most likely going to be a major liability. And something he's going to need to work on if he wants to get significant minutes under anyone but possibly Don Nelson (who will hopefully be gone this time next year). So let's not count his AS game appearances just yet, ay?

Edit: Ahah - just noticed you're "PSDs Don Nelson". I'll hope that's a joke and you don't actually like the guy while being a Warriors fan...

Shady66
03-29-2010, 06:51 PM
He definitely has the skills and tools to become a very good player. How old is he?

asandhu23
03-29-2010, 06:53 PM

huh.... PSD's asandhu23? wtf

Stunner
03-29-2010, 06:53 PM
That fan in the video just gave birth to what should be his nickname.

Reggie Rain. Yeah he can put up a lot of points, and remember this is just his first month in the NBA after an entire season in the NBDL as his team's leading scorer. Don Nelson's offense doesn't look complicated but with his eagerness to yank players it requires a lot of understanding on positioning and where to be on the court.

Hes on Don Nelson's good side right now and is getting enough minutes to showcase himself. Hes going to score 40 points eventually this season, thats just what Warriors players do.

HAHA yeah i like his game alot wish the Bulls got him with Deng being hurt. He not an All-star yet but if there is no Ellis next year and Magg get less mins or traded next year, with what he has showed he could put up 22 a game next year.

tredigs
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
He definitely has the skills and tools to become a very good player. How old is he?

He's 23. Good age for the possibility of immediate impact.

Stunner
03-29-2010, 06:57 PM

I heard he is 25

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
And to discount Rudy Gay as being a dunker and that's it is pretty ridiculous. Dude's a solid player, and if you were a GM, you'd be the only one who would take Reggie Williams over him. His defense is most likely going to be a major liability.
Thats funny because Rudy Gay offers only offense, he has been viewed as being a lazy defender for his entire career. If we're talking about taking 2 scoring wing players, I'd take Williams based on his versatile scoring ability. I've seen enough of Rudy Gay to realize his scoring upside is only in transition and his spot is the low right baseline. Not to mention hes a ballhog.

And something he's going to need to work on if he wants to get significant minutes under anyone but possibly Don Nelson (who will hopefully be gone this time next year). So let's not count his AS game appearances just yet, ay?

Edit: Ahah - just noticed you're "PSDs Don Nelson". I'll hope that's a joke and you don't actually like the guy while being a Warriors fan...

I do like Don Nelson. I think hes a great coach but he has a Vince McMahon ego complex that has hurt the success of the team in recent years.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
HAHA yeah i like his game alot wish the Bulls got him with Deng being hurt. He not an All-star yet but if there is no Ellis next year and Magg get less mins or traded next year, with what he has showed he could put up 22 a game next year.

I usually dont go ape **** over basketball players like the typical PSD poster does, but Reggie Williams is just a funky fresh basketball player nahmsayin. He doesn't stand out as an athlete, hes not going to do crazy dunks, or posterize people, but hes an example of a guy who can make his living by killing you from 15 feet out but is capable of attacking the basket also.

My only complaint is that with the Warriors offense the hot guy doesn't get the rock unless hes the ballhandler, I watched this too much last season with Morrow when he was heating up in some games and couldn't get the rock.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Hes 23 and apparently spent 4 years at VMI in an identical system to the Warriors. He spent time in the NBDL and its always good to see a success story come out of the NBDL, because a lot of times those guys could have success in the NBA but cant get a roster spot because they dont excel at a specific role.

dre1990
03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
I havent seen him play in the NBA, but i used to watch him all the time in college. Great Player. but no one ever talked about him

tredigs
03-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Thats funny because Rudy Gay offers only offense, he has been viewed as being a lazy defender for his entire career. If we're talking about taking 2 scoring wing players, I'd take Williams based on his versatile scoring ability. I've seen enough of Rudy Gay to realize his scoring upside is only in transition and his spot is the low right baseline. Not to mention hes a ballhog.

I do like Don Nelson. I think hes a great coach but he has a Vince McMahon ego complex that has hurt the success of the team in recent years.

We'll see. Rudy's defense has improved slightly every year and he's still only 23. I think he'll be a 23pt / 7reb / 2 ast / 2stl guy over the next 5 years with a FG% near 50. I'll take that any day from my SF. If he steps up his defensive progress, he's an all star [also, their attack is balanced. Him, Mayo and Randolph all take the same amount of attempts, and Gay is very efficient. Far from a ball hog].

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what Reggie can do when the league catches on to him. He's versatile enough that I think he could be a future 25 /7 / 3 guy in the Warriors offense if he keeps at it, but we'll see.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
We'll see. Rudy's defense has improved slightly every year and he's still only 23. I think he'll be a 23pt / 7reb / 2 ast / 2stl guy over the next 5 years with a FG% near 50. I'll take that any day from my SF. If he steps up his defensive progress, he's an all star [also, their attack is balanced. Him, Mayo and Randolph all take the same amount of attempts, and Gay is very efficient. Far from a ball hog].
I highly doubt it, he'll always be limited to what he is in Memphis but going elsewhere will offer him the possibility of him being unable to match his numbers in Memphis.

Rudy reminds me of Corey Maggette pre-decline, Rudy has the total package you look for in a SF. Hes a fast, athletic, long 6'8 230 lb SF that has been tagged with "potential" ever since he appeared on most scouts' radar. However his numbers aren't impressive considering the billing he gets from most people. Hes not a Top 10 SF in the NBA and he doesn't impact games with him being on the court.

Any guy who averages under 2 APG and is shorter than 6'10 is a ballhog IMO.

Heres an interesting story, Rudy Gay used to date my cousin back in HS. They met when he was going to Eastern Tech before he transferred to Archbishop Spaulding. They were together all throughout HS, and even my side of the family got to attend his HS graduation party. The interesting part, is that it was at their house, and I took a **** in the 2nd floor bathroom he grew up as a kid using.

blah-blah
03-29-2010, 07:27 PM
If anybody has been watching Warriors' games they know about this guy. We called him up from the NBDL and hes been amazing for us picking up the leftover scoring that we need with so many injuries.

Keep in mind hes only been with the team since being called up from the NBDL for 1 month.

In his last 5 games hes averaging 19.6/5.2/3.0 while averaging over 50% from the field this month. To come out of the NBDL, this guy has one of the most versatile games I've ever seen in terms of his scoring for a call up. He can go left, go right, pull up, spot up, etc. How did he go undrafted?

who?

Stunner
03-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Reggie Williams is a beast on 2k10 is on the latest roster update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kakaroach
03-29-2010, 07:33 PM
I cannot begin to tell you the wonders he did for my fantasy team.

But All-Star? If Ellis couldn't get in, Williams will not get in.

tredigs
03-29-2010, 07:35 PM
I highly doubt it, he'll always be limited to what he is in Memphis but going elsewhere will offer him the possibility of him being unable to match his numbers in Memphis.

Rudy reminds me of Corey Maggette pre-decline, Rudy has the total package you look for in a SF. Hes a fast, athletic, long 6'8 230 lb SF that has been tagged with "potential" ever since he appeared on most scouts' radar. However his numbers aren't impressive considering the billing he gets from most people. Hes not a Top 10 SF in the NBA and he doesn't impact games with him being on the court.

Heres an interesting story, Rudy Gay used to date my cousin back in HS. They met when he was going to Eastern Tech before he transferred to Archbishop Spaulding. They were together all throughout HS, and even my side of the family got to attend his HS graduation party. The interesting part, is that it was at their house, and I took a **** in the 2nd floor bathroom he grew up as a kid using.

******** in Rudy's John aside, an assist average for any true SF (regardless if they're above or below the 6'10" barrier...) is going to be between 1.5-3.5 apg. His might be on the lower end of the spectrum, but it's completely normal. When I think ball hog, the two names that pop into my head are Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette. People that disrupt the flow of an offense to dribble up the court and shoot without looking to pass. Anyway, I agree that Rudy needs to improve to fit the billing, but he's still a valuable player and by all accounts a great teammate that most coaches would love to have the chance to work with. As for Reggie? Only the Warriors were willing to take that chance. And it took 5 mid-season injuries for them to get there. But... I'm glad they did. And so is my fantasy team.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Reggie Williams is a beast on 2k10 is on the latest roster update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is, if anybody has ever played me on here in 2K10, I run with 4 wing players and Biedrins at C.

Williams just knocks down shots left and right.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 07:46 PM
******** in Rudy's John aside, an assist average for any true SF (regardless if they're above or below the 6'10" barrier...) is going to be between 1.5-3.5 apg. His might be on the lower end of the spectrum, but it's completely normal. When I think ball hog, the two names that pop into my head are Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette. People that disrupt the flow of an offense to dribble up the court and shoot without looking to pass. Anyway, I agree that Rudy needs to improve to fit the billing, but he's still a valuable player and by all accounts a great teammate that most coaches would love to have the chance to work with. As for Reggie? Only the Warriors were willing to take that chance. And it took 5 mid-season injuries for them to get there. But... I'm glad they did. And so is my fantasy team.

Is it normal to average more Turnovers than Assists in his career, when "experts" compared him to Scottie Pippen pre-draft?

Anyways I agree about Ellis and Maggette.

The Warriors on the other hand is NBDL Central, if you're looking to last in the NBA. We have the system that can showcase you for a new team or to remain in Golden State at a cheap price. Anthony Tolliver is a great example, his performance in Golden State is going to earn him a good contract somewhere for multiple years.

asandhu23
03-29-2010, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNSMwoZePPg

here. one play but oh well

Incublime24
03-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I cannot begin to tell you the wonders he did for my fantasy team.

But All-Star? If Ellis couldn't get in, Williams will not get in.

Exactly. What makes you think Reggie Williams will get in if Monta Ellis wasn't able to get in with the numbers he put up this year. Especially with the fans voting on the rosters, there is no way Williams will have enough fans who not only know him, but think highly enough of him to vote him in. I just don't see it happening. It doesn't help that most anybody who plays for the Warriors has inflated stats (e.g. Anthony Tolliver). Based on Tolliver's numbers the past month, you can make an equal argument that he should be an all star with Reggie Williams, but that would just never happen.

Its nice that the Warriors are making names and careers out of these NBDL players, but you can really plug in just about anybody and get decent to great production in that system. My boy Shannon Brown barely sees any minutes in LA, but if you put him in the GSW lineup he would avg 30 points and 5 highlight reel dunks a game. You would be saying he deserved to be an All Star. However, when that kind of player is on another team, you see the true value of their skills. Granted, it is hard to compare a player on the Lakers v a player on the Warriors, but I hope you get my point.

Precisely my point. Just like Monta, Williams will have to do it on a bad team next year where people know his stats are inflated. That won't help him when he is competing with other top, proven SF's in the West.

Stunner
03-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Here is another Reggie Mix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KADAl6CsOis

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Exactly. What makes you think Reggie Williams will get in if Monta Ellis wasn't able to get in with the numbers he put up this year. Especially with the fans voting on the rosters, there is no way Williams will have enough fans who not only know him, but think highly enough of him to vote him in. I just don't see it happening. It doesn't help that most anybody who plays for the Warriors has inflated stats (e.g. Anthony Tolliver). Based on Tolliver's numbers the past month, you can make an equal argument that he should be an all star with Reggie Williams, but that would just never happen.

Its nice that the Warriors are making names and careers out of these NBDL players, but you can really plug in just about anybody and get decent to great production in that system. My boy Shannon Brown barely sees any minutes in LA, but if you put him in the GSW lineup he would avg 30 points and 5 highlight reel dunks a game. You would be saying he deserved to be an All Star. However, when that kind of player is on another team, you see the true value of their skills. Granted, it is hard to compare a player on the Lakers v a player on the Warriors, but I hope you get my point.

You also have to take into account the role the Warriors gives to players, a guy like Tolliver has been a 12th man on several teams getting DNP's but in Golden State he is putting up 13/8 this month.

If Reggie Williams were on a team like the Celtics or Lakers, it would be impossible for him to do what hes doing now because his role would not be to take shots. Does it take away from his talent? Not at all.

dolfan720
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
hes dirty

ldc62
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
hes dirty

Hes a good player

PS: Why do you want the Dolphins to get Dez Bryant? Giving up on the Ted Ginn experiment?

Stunner
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Hes a good player

PS: Why do you want the Dolphins to get Dez Bryant? Giving up on the Ted Ginn experiment?

haha

CowboysKB24
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself.

BALLER71
03-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Hes a good player

Ted Ginn experiment should have ended the day he was drafted. Dude is ****ing garbage.

Iodine
03-29-2010, 11:08 PM

So Shane Battier, Jeff Green, Batum, Luc Mbah a Moute, Taj Gibson, Ray Allen, D Fisher, James Harden, and Arron Afflalo are ballhogs?

No really you might be my new favorite PSD idiot

Kakaroach
03-29-2010, 11:11 PM
So Shane Battier, Jeff Green, Batum, Luc Mbah a Moute, Taj Gibson, Ray Allen, D Fisher, James Harden, and Arron Afflalo are ballhogs?

No really you might be my new favorite PSD idiot Burned by the element I.

But seriously, he has no shot at All-Star unless the Warriors are decent and he has great averages.

saucy1
03-29-2010, 11:24 PM
i didnt know bob fitzgerald made posts on here:nod::nod::laugh::laugh::laugh::box::laugh2::d ance::cheer::jumpy:

HouRealCoach
03-29-2010, 11:36 PM
I followed Reggie Williams in college... HE WAS A ****ING BEAST!

I thought he should have been drafted... I doubt he will be an All Star though

IndiansFan337
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM

There's no chance he will make an All-Star team next season.

Those #'s are worse than Monta Ellis posted this season prior to the ASG, worse than guys like Baron Davis & Stephen Jackson posted in the past few seasons for GS & failed to make the ASG.

Incublime24
03-30-2010, 02:32 AM
i didnt know bob fitzgerald made posts on here:nod::nod::laugh::laugh::laugh::box::laugh2::d ance::cheer::jumpy:

hahahaha nice.

Incublime24
03-30-2010, 02:34 AM
You also have to take into account the role the Warriors gives to players, a guy like Tolliver has been a 12th man on several teams getting DNP's but in Golden State he is putting up 13/8 this month.

If Reggie Williams were on a team like the Celtics or Lakers, it would be impossible for him to do what hes doing now because his role would not be to take shots. Does it take away from his talent? Not at all.

Thats precisely my point. Just like Monta, Williams will have to do it while playing on a bad team and where people know his stats are inflated. It wont help him when people are trying to choose between him and top, proven SFs in the West.

mr_relevant
03-30-2010, 02:43 AM
If the Warriors draft Cousins or Favors...

Forget about it

tredigs
03-30-2010, 04:21 AM
Thats precisely my point. Just like Monta, Williams will have to do it while playing on a bad team and where people know his stats are inflated. It wont help him when people are trying to choose between him and top, proven SFs in the West.

Don't be so sure the Warriors are going to be a bad team for much longer. Between their high draft pick, the development of Curry, an owner/management/coach(?) change and a possible trade for Monta this off-season and this team could do some serious damage in the west. They are extremely talented as is, just lack true bigs and a healthy/consistent lineup. Both of these things should come next season. Tolliver may actually prove to be a serviceable backup big in his own right if they choose to keep him. He reminds me a lot of Channing Frye, but could be better defensively. Derrick Favors or Demarcus Cousins would both be huge drafts, though it would be hard to turn down Evan Turner if they get the chance.

Anyway, here's Nellie's take on Reggie Williams:

Don Nelson on Reggie Williams

“I think he has a gift. He doesn’t even know how big a gift he has. We’ve just dusted off the surface. He’s a rare basketball player as far as I can see. He’s able to have the mental capacity to be able to understand the total game. I think he’s a special player, and here we got him out of the rock heap.”

I like how he calls the D-League "the rock heap". Awesome. Sometimes Nellie doesn't suck.

hans dolo
03-30-2010, 04:58 AM
good plyer. just good. all-star he is not

sixers247
03-30-2010, 10:50 AM
He played at VMI in college thats why his stats were so good. They always are tops in scoring in NCAA. I still can't believe this thread is real. He's like the third best small forward on his team for crying out loud.

Incublime24
03-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Don't be so sure the Warriors are going to be a bad team for much longer. Between their high draft pick, the development of Curry, an owner/management/coach(?) change and a possible trade for Monta this off-season and this team could do some serious damage in the west. They are extremely talented as is, just lack true bigs and a healthy/consistent lineup. Both of these things should come next season. Tolliver may actually prove to be a serviceable backup big in his own right if they choose to keep him. He reminds me a lot of Channing Frye, but could be better defensively. Derrick Favors or Demarcus Cousins would both be huge drafts, though it would be hard to turn down Evan Turner if they get the chance.

Anyway, here's Nellie's take on Reggie Williams:

I like how he calls the D-League "the rock heap". Awesome. Sometimes Nellie doesn't suck.

Hahaha, thats it? Thats all they have to do? So just draft a really good player, develop him, sell the franchise, find a new coach, change your entire offensive philosophy (which will make most of these combo 2/3 guys currently on their team useless), oh and try to trade monta for an established big man. Yeah, they're right on the verge!

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Stoops.

ballpd05
03-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Reggie Williams will not be an all-star. Unless like 8 or 9 people in front him get hurt at the same time in some freak accident.

Melo, KD, Artest, Kevin Martin, Al Thornton, Caron Butler, Shawn Marion, Grant Hill (may retire so thats 1 down), Rudy Gay (may move out East so another), and Richard Jefferson will all have to go down before him. Unless he averages 30 next year but with teammates like Maggette and Ellis they don't have enough balls.

ballpd05
03-30-2010, 03:06 PM
And the all-star voting goes by forwards not just small forwards so then add in Timmy, Dirk, Amare, David West, Lamarcus Aldrigde, and Z-Bo

tredigs
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Hahaha, thats it? Thats all they have to do? So just draft a really good player, develop him, sell the franchise, find a new coach, change your entire offensive philosophy (which will make most of these combo 2/3 guys currently on their team useless), oh and try to trade monta for an established big man. Yeah, they're right on the verge!

Consider that they're going to have a top 5 pick, and are almost assured to be able to draft either Favors or Cousins, who are both ready to make an immediate impact; Those two are better than any big in the draft this past year. And I'm not sure if you're out of touch with this, but the team is for sale and is almost guaranteed to be purchased this off-season (the person projected to make the highest bid is the sixth richest man in the world, and has 12x the net worth of Marc Cuban, who in himself is a multi-billionaire), which will in fact change the management and possibly the coach, so yeah.

That's the definition of "on the verge". Whether or not Monta or Maggette is traded would just be a bonus. They'll also have Azabuke, Randolph and Biedrins back in full health next season. When this team's healthy and has a new face, they'll be competing with everyone in the NBA.

runforrestrunx9
03-30-2010, 03:39 PM

nope, he cant shoot and he shoots 2 much (sixers fan, cant stand watching him)

Incublime24
03-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Consider that they're going to have a top 5 pick, and are almost assured to be able to draft either Favors or Cousins, who are both ready to make an immediate impact; Those two are better than any big in the draft this past year. And I'm not sure if you're out of touch with this, but the team is for sale and is almost guaranteed to be purchased this off-season (the person projected to make the highest bid is the sixth richest man in the world, and has 12x the net worth of Marc Cuban, who in himself is a multi-billionaire), which will in fact change the management and possibly the coach, so yeah.

That's the definition of "on the verge". Whether or not Monta or Maggette is traded would just be a bonus. They'll also have Azabuke, Randolph and Biedrins back in full health next season. When this team's healthy and has a new face, they'll be competing with everyone in the NBA.

I live in the Bay Area and I am very aware that the Warriors franchise is currently being shopped around. However, just changing owners won't solve the decade worth of problems in this franchise. OK, so lets say you sell to Larry Ellison...that's definitely a step in the right direction, but do you think that automatically makes them contenders next year?

What will they do about Don Nelson. The current roster is built around Nellie-ball. So, does that mean you have to keep this roster? Do you find a new coach and have to re-build the roster? Change your entire philosophy? How do you plan around the draft without knowing who your owner is, who your coach will be, and what type of offense you want?

Does getting Turner or Cousins automatically make this roster a playoff roster? Does Turner or Cousins translate to 25 more wins?

Half of your team now are NBDL players. Do you think they will all be on the roster next year and impact players? Randolph and Wright are injury plagued and unproven.

Ideally, you'd like to trade Monta for a big. How likely is that? Just getting a new owner will not ensure a trade like this happens.

The Warriors don't have that much free cap room as far as I know. This isn't baseball where a billionaire owner can buy a championship. You will still have old contracts to deal with and you will still have a lot of free agents that don't want anything to do with the franchise.

I agree, changing owners is the first step to fixing this miserable franchise. However, there will be a trickle down effect that nobody can predict, and to say that just switching owners will make them a contender next year is absurd. New owner = new GM = new coach? = new offense? = new players?. You want to disregard all of that and just assume that switching owners and taking one player in the draft will suddenly correct 20 years of misery in just 1 offseason? Let's be realistic here.

caddiemaster
03-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Hope he gets paid~$$$$$$$

tredigs
03-30-2010, 04:58 PM
I live in the Bay Area and I am very aware that the Warriors franchise is currently being shopped around. However, just changing owners won't solve the decade worth of problems in this franchise. OK, so lets say you sell to Larry Ellison...that's definitely a step in the right direction, but do you think that automatically makes them contenders next year?

What will they do about Don Nelson. The current roster is built around Nellie-ball. So, does that mean you have to keep this roster? Do you find a new coach and have to re-build the roster? Change your entire philosophy? How do you plan around the draft without knowing who your owner is, who your coach will be, and what type of offense you want?

Does getting Turner or Cousins automatically make this roster a playoff roster? Does Turner or Cousins translate to 25 more wins?

Half of your team now are NBDL players. Do you think they will all be on the roster next year and impact players? Randolph and Wright are injury plagued and unproven.

Ideally, you'd like to trade Monta for a big. How likely is that? Just getting a new owner will not ensure a trade like this happens.

The Warriors don't have that much free cap room as far as I know. This isn't baseball where a billionaire owner can buy a championship. You will still have old contracts to deal with and you will still have a lot of free agents that don't want anything to do with the franchise.

I agree, changing owners is the first step to fixing this miserable franchise. However, there will be a trickle down effect that nobody can predict, and to say that just switching owners will make them a contender next year is absurd. New owner = new GM = new coach? = new offense? = new players?. You want to disregard all of that and just assume that switching owners and taking one player in the draft will suddenly correct 20 years of misery in just 1 offseason? Let's be realistic here.

First of all, you're taking words out of my text by saying I think they'll be immediate contenders. They won't. What I'm shooting for is a competitive team that is fighting for a playoff spot, with an outside chance at HCA.

The team knows what they need in the draft: a go to big with a defensive presence who can rebound. If they can get that piece in an off-season or draft day trade and pick up Turner, then that works as well. Whether it's Ellison, the 24 fitness owner, or still Riley at the GM slot, the ownership is not a factor in this piece. And you're underestimating that this is a YOUNG team. The fact that they have been playing Nellie ball doesn't discount the fact that they're fully capable of playing other styles of ball under a new coach. These aren't drones, hell they're not even a team that has been playing the same style for 5+ years a la the Spurs or Jazz; I'd imagine they're very malleable and eager to learn a new system that would fit them. Even if they're forced to stick with Nellie next season, their revamped lineup will undoubtedly fit the style much, much better than it did this year. Continuity and a talented young big will do big things for the team.

As for the D-Leaguers, the only ones I see sticking around are Reggie Williams (I hope so, at least. He has the ability to be damn effective) and Tolliver as a backup Center.

The rest is speculation at this point; and agreed that a lot will depend on who buys the team and at what point (big deal depending on whether they can get there in time for free agent signings or not), but you're wrong to think that a loaded owner and competent GM can't do similar things to teams in baseball. You can't overpay for a single player, but you can sign/lock up a lot of them. Magic, Lakers, Cavs, Celtics and Mavs have 5 of the highest team salaries in the NBA, and it's no surprise that it translates to victories. Now imagine one team having an owner who is richer than every other in the league combined, you think he'll give a **** about the luxury tax? Hell no.

The team might not find any true continuity until near mid-season, and it may have to wait to pick up the free agent/dump Maggette or Ellis until mid-season as well, but rest assure that the times they are a changin' in the Bay.

Incublime24
03-30-2010, 05:22 PM
First of all, you're taking words out of my text by saying I think they'll be immediate contenders. They won't. What I'm shooting for is a competitive team that is fighting for a playoff spot, with an outside chance at HCA.

The team knows what they need in the draft: a go to big with a defensive presence who can rebound. If they can get that piece in an off-season or draft day trade and pick up Turner, then that works as well. Whether it's Ellison, the 24 fitness owner, or still Riley at the GM slot, the ownership is not a factor in this piece. And you're underestimating that this is a YOUNG team. The fact that they have been playing Nellie ball doesn't discount the fact that they're fully capable of playing other styles of ball under a new coach. These aren't drones, hell they're not even a team that has been playing the same style for 5+ years a la the Spurs or Jazz; I'd imagine they're very malleable and eager to learn a new system that would fit them. Even if they're forced to stick with Nellie next season, their revamped lineup will undoubtedly fit the style much, much better than it did this year. Continuity and a talented young big will do big things for the team.

As for the D-Leaguers, the only ones I see sticking around are Reggie Williams (I hope so, at least. He has the ability to be damn effective) and Tolliver as a backup Center.

The rest is speculation at this point; and agreed that a lot will depend on who buys the team and at what point (big deal depending on whether they can get there in time for free agent signings or not), but you're wrong to think that a loaded owner and competent GM can't do similar things to teams in baseball. You can't overpay for a single player, but you can sign/lock up a lot of them. Magic, Lakers, Cavs, Celtics and Mavs have 5 of the highest team salaries in the NBA, and it's no surprise that it translates to victories. Now imagine one team having an owner who is richer than every other in the league combined, you think he'll give a **** about the luxury tax? Hell no.

The team might not find any true continuity until near mid-season, and it may have to wait to pick up the free agent/dump Maggette or Ellis until mid-season as well, but rest assure that the times they are a changin' in the Bay.

I'm not denying that they can play in other systems, but if you think they will be half as productive in a normal offense then you are in for a rude awakening. All of these guys that you think are so promising will be less valuable in normal lineup. Take Tolliver for instance. You think he will be a serviceable backup center. He wouldn't even be a center on any other team or in any other system.

I agree that the Warriors have some pieces and could be headed in the right direction, but I strongly disagree that just changing owners will make the organization reach its full potential and be a playoff team. If you fix the very top of the organization (owner), its not going to immediately impact the bottom of the organization (the players). You still need to find out your team's identity, figure out your GM and coaching situation, and then after all that is figured out you can become a factor in free agency and possibly contend in future years. To think this will all happen in a year is not realistic. That is all I'm saying.

tredigs
03-30-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm not denying that they can play in other systems, but if you think they will be half as productive in a normal offense then you are in for a rude awakening. All of these guys that you think are so promising will be less valuable in normal lineup. Take Tolliver for instance. You think he will be a serviceable backup center. He wouldn't even be a center on any other team or in any other system.

I agree that the Warriors have some pieces and could be headed in the right direction, but I strongly disagree that just changing owners will make the organization reach its full potential and be a playoff team. If you fix the very top of the organization (owner), its not going to immediately impact the bottom of the organization (the players). You still need to find out your team's identity, figure out your GM and coaching situation, and then after all that is figured out you can become a factor in free agency and possibly contend in future years. To think this will all happen in a year is not realistic. That is all I'm saying.

You're undervaluing, and I might be overvaluing (it could very well take one year of rebuilding next year before they're ready to compete for the playoffs, tho' we'll see how the summer goes), but I can tell you one thing. Like all things Warriors, it will be interesting to watch it play out. Haha... (ahhh... sigh... but at least it's a good sigh this time).

R_O_W_E
03-30-2010, 09:57 PM
A lot of people just dislike the Warriors. We're a few moves away from being a Top 3 team in the West, our depth is incredible when healthy but packaging several of our wings along with Monta for a proven PF will do wonders for this team.

We're going to be the only team in the NBA that can go 12 deep and stay competitive in each game, our bench players have played crucial starter minutes this season due to injuries.

BlondeBomber41
03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
This thread is pretty dumb...

They dont classify the All Star game by PF and SF... just forward.

Good luck passing Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Carlos Boozer, Tim Duncan, Carmelo Anthony, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Durant, or David West. Thats only the guys who are in the All Star discussion... there are about 20 more I could list off that I would bet money on having a better season than Reggie Williams.

BlondeBomber41
03-30-2010, 10:48 PM
A lot of people just dislike the Warriors. We're a few moves away from being a Top 3 team in the West, our depth is incredible when healthy but packaging several of our wings along with Monta for a proven PF will do wonders for this team.

We're going to be the only team in the NBA that can go 12 deep and stay competitive in each game, our bench players have played crucial starter minutes this season due to injuries.

Delusions of Grandeur

iFYouSeekAmy
03-30-2010, 10:52 PM

I agree.

Warriors always stay competitive for the whole game, on 95% of their games.
Unfortunately, they fall due to size, lack of players, and fatigue. Also, there are no subs for foul trouble. They can easily turn a 15+ point deficit into a competitive 1-5 point game. That's ridiculous considering the lack of bench players they have.

R_O_W_E
03-31-2010, 10:01 AM
This thread is pretty dumb...

They dont classify the All Star game by PF and SF... just forward.

Good luck passing Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Carlos Boozer, Tim Duncan, Carmelo Anthony, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Durant, or David West. Thats only the guys who are in the All Star discussion... there are about 20 more I could list off that I would bet money on having a better season than Reggie Williams.
Doubt those 3.

There are players having a better season than Reggie Williams, maybe thats because Williams has been in the NBA for 1 month.

Incublime24
04-02-2010, 01:18 PM

This is the most absurd, ridiculous statement ever. Is that you in there Bob Fitzgerald??? You need a little Barnett in you to balance out your homerism.

This has nothing to do with people disliking the Warriors...it has everything to do with how horrible this franchise has been for the past 30 years, and that they are showing no signs of improvement (considering they are only going to win about 20 games this year and all their fans and their front office is just happy with scoring a lot of points and having a run n gun style offense when it doesn't translate to a winning team).

Then you think the Warriors are a few moves away from not only making the playoffs, but being a top 3 team????? For that scenario to play out, not only do you have to drastically improve your roster and front office, but you'll have to hope that other proven teams like the Lakers, Nuggets, Mavericks, Spurs, Jazz, Suns and up and coming teams like the Blazers, Thunder, and Grizzlies all just somehow disappear from the playoff picture. What 3 moves can accomplish this??? Find new owner? Find new coach? Bring back Michael Jordan in his prime??? You are sooo wishful if you think just a couple of moves will make this team a Top 3 team in the West. SO absurd.

Then you even include your Bob Fitzgerald comment that "without these injuries" our team would be so much better. You gonna make excuses for the past 30 years of crap basketball in Oakland? Even when healthy, you guys are still undersized and playing a style of basketball that will score you a lot of points but never win you a championship. Stubborn Nelson has taught this kind of bball his entire career, and yes he may soon have the most wins in the NBA for a coach, but he has never made it to an NBA finals.

Good luck being a Top 3 team someday.

sixers247
04-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Reggie Williams SUCKS!!!!!!! you must be him that is the only reason i could see you fighting this so hard.

E.O.21
04-02-2010, 01:52 PM
I seriously have never heard of reggie williams... anyways 500th POST WOO-HOO :dance: :dance: :dance: :rimshot: :cheer:

Iceman778
04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
i thing swp1ie is right but rowe is also ryt at his place

GSW Hoops
04-02-2010, 04:55 PM

Top 3 in the West? You may be overly optimistic my fellow W's fan...

FlakeyFool
04-03-2010, 12:06 AM

lmao

he blows and will be sent to the DL soon.

D Roses Bulls
04-03-2010, 12:10 AM

yea a few like adding wade and bosh and then you can say the warriors would the be a top 3 seed in the west.

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 11:10 AM
yea a few like adding wade and bosh and then you can say the warriors would the be a top 3 seed in the west.

You'll see. We have several pieces in place, yet we also have multiple prospects/players to package to improve.

If you've noticed from this season, anybody can be Top 3 in the West only behind LA. I doubt anybody expected Utah before the season to be #2 in the West by the end of the season, who even expected the Thunder to be Top 6 in the West?

Without injuries, this team would've been better. Very simple, we've been playing with 6-8 players for most of the season. Stephen Curry even had to stay in a game earlier after he fouled out because there was nobody else left.

So what are we going to get? A Top 6 pick and an early 2nd Round pick. The young players who have been forced to play a lot of minutes have gained a lot of experience. Its nothing more than optimism, but you'll be surprised how well we do next season.

R_O_W_E
04-03-2010, 11:11 AM
lmao

he blows and will be sent to the DL soon.

11/13 from the field 23 Points, 5 boards, 3 steals

He'l be sent to the NBDL soon? His contract was picked up for next season also.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-03-2010, 12:26 PM
he's a beast in warriors

Keyword:Warriors

J-Relo
04-03-2010, 12:33 PM
he's a beast in warriors

Keyword:Warriors

:clap:

JNA17
04-03-2010, 12:39 PM
You guys do realize that Derrick Rose is the only player since Lebron to be on an all-star team in their second year.

Wow, how old are you? :facepalm:

Kobe, Shaq, garnett, tim duncan, jason kidd, allen iverson, etc.

less then a 3rd of the players i just named currently in the nba have played in the all star game in their 2nd year. Including shaq, duncan and iverson who were all stars their first year.

And there are a lot more players that are currently retired who are all stars first and 2nd year.

cwilson21
04-03-2010, 02:18 PM
He said "since" LeBron.

Incublime24
04-05-2010, 12:48 PM
You'll see. We have several pieces in place, yet we also have multiple prospects/players to package to improve.

If you've noticed from this season, anybody can be Top 3 in the West only behind LA. I doubt anybody expected Utah before the season to be #2 in the West by the end of the season, who even expected the Thunder to be Top 6 in the West?

Without injuries, this team would've been better. Very simple, we've been playing with 6-8 players for most of the season. Stephen Curry even had to stay in a game earlier after he fouled out because there was nobody else left.

So what are we going to get? A Top 6 pick and an early 2nd Round pick. The young players who have been forced to play a lot of minutes have gained a lot of experience. Its nothing more than optimism, but you'll be surprised how well we do next season.

How do you figure? Aside from OKC, everybody in the WC playoffs is a perennial playoff contender. The Warriors have made the playoffs once in the last 15-20 years and are horrible this year, yet you think they can be top 3 next year? Wishful thinking my friend. As for OKC, they have arguably a top 5-7 player in Durant, an extremely talented young PG in Westbrook and a bunch of other solid players including Jeff Green. I'd take that core over Steph Curry and the NBDL bandits any day.