PDA

View Full Version : Could Pau Gasol help win LeBron James a championship?

GaSoft16
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
If Pau was traded from Memphis to Cleveland instead of the Lakers, would LeBron already have a championship by now?

Raph12
03-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Can't say, but Pau perfectly compliments Kobe's playing style, Lebron can't play off-ball and would limit Gasol to being more of a finisher.

DCB/LAL
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Nope.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Can't say, but Pau perfectly compliments Kobe's playing style, Lebron can't play off-ball and would limit Gasol to being more of a finisher.

Bron makes stronger dive cuts so no, saying Bron cant play off the ball is a stretch now. He wouldnt limit Gasol, if Kobe fit his game perfectly then why is Pau always complaining? I guarantee he would never complain about touches with Bron around.

DCB/LAL
03-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Bron makes stronger dive cuts so no, saying Bron cant play off the ball is a stretch now. He wouldnt limit Gasol, if Kobe fit his game perfectly then why is Pau always complaining? I guarantee he would never complain about touches with Bron around.

Now guarantee is something thats pretty dumb to do considering you dont know that for a fact.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Thank god, I got tired of these Rose threads all the time!

Now we have two gasol threads in 10 minutes!

Keep it up!:superman:

prodigy
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Pau would avg 28pts a game with Lebron.

JordansBulls
03-29-2010, 04:06 PM

:nod:

I just think it would be much more difficult to play with star players than most because he dominates the ball entirely too much.

JordansBulls
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Pau would avg 28pts a game with Lebron.

No he wouldn't, not even close.

Hellcrooner
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Not sure.

Lebron tends to go inside a lot and Pau woudl clog the middle.

But its not completely imposible.

Pau woudl get more points if playing with lebron tough.

If you said WADE then the answer woudl be YES.

tdunk21
03-29-2010, 04:11 PM
whats with u and gasol man...2nd thread in 15 mins.....lebron will help pau win another ring...not pau helping lebron

prodigy
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Not sure.

Lebron tends to go inside a lot and Pau woudl clog the middle.

But its not completely imposible.

Pau woudl get more points if playing with lebron tough.

If you said WADE then the answer woudl be YES.

Shaq was surpose to do that also.

prodigy
03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
No he wouldn't, not even close.

I think he could. Lebron Loves passing and feeding the big men. Maybe not 28, But I could see 22-25 for sure.

Raph12
03-29-2010, 04:16 PM

LA has more than enough players that can create for themselves, they run isos for Bynum, Odom, Artest, Kobe and Pau. Whereas in Cleveland, everyone is just limited to being a finisher, it's either iso Lebron or iso Shaq, seeming as how Lebron isn't much of a spot up shooter, he prefers to handle the ball all the time or just cut to the basket... Plus, Kobe doesn't handle the ball all the time like Bron does, if he did, then he could decide who gets what touches etc.

Bruno
03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Pau would help anyone win a championship. He's a very good #2.

Tymathee
03-29-2010, 04:30 PM
No, Gasol doesn't fit his st yle and would be relegated to a mid range jump shooter.

now, i think gasol would be good but it also defends who he's got at the C/PF whever he'd play there. The reason we won last season is because Bynum was able to spell Gasol a lot and take a lot of the load off. Gasol complains about shots because they aren't passin it to him but this is kobe's team and his teammates know it.

also, for whiing about touches, gasol is having his best over all year of his career. he's never goten more than i think 9.1 rpg, he's an all around force this year.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 04:33 PM
LA has more than enough players that can create for themselves, they run isos for Bynum, Odom, Artest, Kobe and Pau. Whereas in Cleveland, everyone is just limited to being a finisher, it's either iso Lebron or iso Shaq, seeming as how Lebron isn't much of a spot up shooter, he prefers to handle the ball all the time or just cut to the basket... Plus, Kobe doesn't handle the ball all the time like Bron does, if he did, then he could decide who gets what touches etc.What does any of this have to do with what I said? And theres more to the Cleveland offense than that.

But one question if they got so many players who can do that, then why dont they? Why is Pau always complaining about Kobes touches? Why are they all enduring usages well beneath their career rates, and despite Kobes dwindling efficiency is he experiencing rates within his career norm? If Bron had that much talent that could create on their own, he would let them, and pass more.

Teeboy1487
03-29-2010, 04:37 PM
I think Gasol would be effective with Lebron. I will not go as far as saying they would win a championship. Imagine him and Gasol in a pick and pop. They would be so deadly.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 04:38 PM
No, Gasol doesn't fit his st yle and would be relegated to a mid range jump shooter.
LOL you mean the same way Shaq clogged his lane and couldnt co exist with Bron?

now, i think gasol would be good but it also defends who he's got at the C/PF whever he'd play there. The reason we won last season is because Bynum was able to spell Gasol a lot and take a lot of the load off. Gasol complains about shots because they aren't passin it to him but this is kobe's team and his teammates know it.
Everyone would know its Brons team in Cleveland but hed still get his touches.

Raoul Duke
03-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Well, he certainly wouldn't hurt Lebron's chances. How often does having one of the best power forwards in the game on your team make you less likely to win a championship?

Chronz
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Now guarantee is something thats pretty dumb to do considering you dont know that for a fact.
What do you mean, when have teammates (current or former) ever complained about Brons touches? Its a pretty well known fact that Brons teammates love playing with him because of all scorers hes the most gifted passer.

TheWatcher34
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
IF the C's would have been healthy last year....no.

madiaz3
03-29-2010, 05:03 PM

You heard it here. He guarantees this hypothetical!

Chronz
03-29-2010, 06:13 PM
If Bron ever forces his way to LA on the condition that the Lakers trade Kobe or if Pau ever gets tired of Kobes ballhoggery and decides he wants to go to Cleveland or wherever Bron remains it will be proven. Until then its not 100%, but Im telling you, if people dont like playing with Bron why havent they spoken up?

Raph12
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
What does any of this have to do with what I said? And theres more to the Cleveland offense than that.

But one question if they got so many players who can do that, then why dont they? Why is Pau always complaining about Kobes touches? Why are they all enduring usages well beneath their career rates, and despite Kobes dwindling efficiency is he experiencing rates within his career norm? If Bron had that much talent that could create on their own, he would let them, and pass more.

Kobe gets his touches no matter what, it's his team and it's like he said, he always eats first.

No he wouldn't, Lebron would put his stats up no matter what, he wouldn't accept anything less than 27-7-7. After all, he does want to be the first billionaire ball player, and team play doesn't get you that much, just ask TimmyD.

Lakersfan2483
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
You think Pau complains about lack of touches with the Lakers, imagine him playing in the Cavs' system? He would be whining all the time about his lack of touches.

Lakersfan2483
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Gasol's efficiency has gone up since playing with Bryant, coincidence, I think not. He's had career years in fg% and reb. since playing along side Bryant. He's also learned how to win at the highest level thanks to Phil and Kobe. Who knows how Pau would do with Lebron? Lebron dominates the ball more than any other star player in the NBA, so Pau's touches would definitely go down.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Kobe gets his touches no matter what, it's his team and it's like he said, he always eats first.
So even if Kobes injured, scoring at a rate so putrid, he will get his touches?

No he wouldn't, Lebron would put his stats up no matter what, he wouldn't accept anything less than 27-7-7. After all, he does want to be the first billionaire ball player, and team play doesn't get you that much, just ask TimmyD.

False, Timmy D agrees with me. Winning a title would help Bron become that billionaire so what exactly is your point?

Raph12
03-29-2010, 07:25 PM
So even if Kobes injured, scoring at a rate so putrid, he will get his touches?

Yes until it's proven that he can't score in the long term, he will get his touches (see Allen Iverson, Philadelphia 76ers).

False, Timmy D agrees with me. Winning a title would help Bron become that billionaire so what exactly is your point?

Lebron won't be pro-anything that would hurt his stats.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Gasol's efficiency has gone up since playing with Bryant, coincidence, I think not. He's had career years in fg% and reb. since playing along side Bryant. He's also learned how to win at the highest level thanks to Phil and Kobe. Who knows how Pau would do with Lebron? Lebron dominates the ball more than any other star player in the NBA, so Pau's touches would definitely go down.
Bron dominates the ball because its whats best for the team, he creates the easiest buckets available. Hes never had an offensive force like Pau alongside him. Imagine how much more efficient Pau would be with a superior playmaker.....

You think Pau complains about lack of touches with the Lakers, imagine him playing in the Cavs' system? He would be whining all the time about his lack of touches.
lol yea because its definitely not the other way around, Brons teammates and coaching staff have a history of complaining about his shot selection right.....

Chronz
03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes until it's proven that he can't score in the long term, he will get his touches (see Allen Iverson, Philadelphia 76ers).
LOL exactly, see Iverson and thats why his teammates complain.

Lebron won't be pro-anything that would hurt his stats.
Which is why his stats wouldnt really go down, not if you understand them. Which you clearly dont. Just ask Timmy D, oh I see youve dropped that whole financial thing huh. Bron would be the same player, its Pau who would benefit.

Lakersfan2483
03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Bron dominates the ball because its whats best for the team, he creates the easiest buckets available. Hes never had an offensive force like Pau alongside him. Imagine how much more efficient Pau would be with a superior playmaker.....

lol yea because its definitely not the other way around, Brons teammates and coaching staff have a history of complaining about his shot selection right.....

So you know for a fact Gasol would perform better along side Lebron? You can guarantee he would not complain about lack of touches?

jackdawson
03-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes and multiple ships. LeBron never had a player of that caliber. Gasol would be nasty with lebron and would never complain for touches.

GaSoft16
03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
In my opinion, Pau Gasol would become another Zydrunas Ilgauskas, simply being made into a 15-20 foot jumpshooter. There is just screen and rolls in the LeBron offense and either driving to the rim or having the defense collapse and kicking it out to a shooter. Gasol could probably get his pts on jumpshots and put backs, but the opportunity would not be there for him to simply be Pau Gasol.

GspLAL
03-29-2010, 08:03 PM

The Triangle is meant so everybody gets touches, you act as if Pau not getting touches is completely Kobe's fault, last I checked Kobe averages pretty much the same number of shots as the other top players.

xBLAMEITON24x
03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Pau could help any team win a champioship, but i doubt the cobnination alone could beat celtics or magic ithink pau would be less effiecent with lebron style of play

Raph12
03-30-2010, 01:35 AM
LOL exactly, see Iverson and thats why his teammates complain.

Kobe is doing what he does and his team is 1st in the West, so excuse me if I don't really care what his teammates say. He's the breadwinner on that team and in the end, that's what really matters to the owners.

Which is why his stats wouldnt really go down, not if you understand them. Which you clearly dont. Just ask Timmy D, oh I see youve dropped that whole financial thing huh. Bron would be the same player, its Pau who would benefit.

Yeah, yeah advanced stats, blah blah blah :bla:

Dude you're like a broken record, if you don't think Lebron is worried about his per game stats, god help you... I'll just agree to disagree.

IMO Gasol fits better alongside Kobe and Lebron is a mediocre off-ball player at best.

_KB24_
03-30-2010, 02:00 AM
What's up with all this hypothetical ********? "Coulds and ifs" don't exist. But since you touch upon this....

Kobe and Shaq right now as a combo would have a better shot at winning a title than Gasol and Lebron. Gasol would piss his pants with the decrease in touches he would get.

mr_relevant
03-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Nope. I don't think Gasol will willingly defer to a younger player, not to mention he will be relegated to a much lesser role in Mike Brown's offense. They'd implode within a year.

Avenged
03-30-2010, 02:44 AM
whats with u and gasol man...2nd thread in 15 mins.....lebron will help pau win another ring...not pau helping lebron

Haha! sums it up.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Sure Pau would help LeBron win a ring. But speculating leads to stupid arguments.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 03:06 AM
The Triangle is meant so everybody gets touches, you act as if Pau not getting touches is completely Kobe's fault, last I checked Kobe averages pretty much the same number of shots as the other top players.

its not about shot attempts. LeBron does a better job than Kobe of moving the ball and recognizing when certain players need a shot. Its about keeping teammates happy, of which Kobe seems to not excel at

Hellcrooner
03-30-2010, 03:09 AM
When you pair up TWO top 10......l(ets make it 15 i dont want to start a fight about Pau being or not being top 10) You always have a GREAT chance of getting a ring.

Any Combination of Pau with Lebron, Kobe, Wade,Durant,Melo, Paul etc could result in a win.

The only exceptions i see would be Howard and Dirk with Pau since i think their games woudlnt fit well togheter.

Of course some combinations woudl make it happen easier than others.

Kobe and Pau is optimall so woudl be Paul and Pau.

Hellcrooner
03-30-2010, 03:09 AM
When you pair up TWO top 10......l(ets make it 15 i dont want to start a fight about Pau being or not being top 10) You always have a GREAT chance of getting a ring.

Any Combination of Pau with Lebron, Kobe, Wade,Durant,Melo, Paul etc could result in a win.

The only exceptions i see would be Howard and Dirk with Pau since i think their games woudlnt fit well togheter.

Of course some combinations woudl make it happen easier than others.

Kobe and Pau is optimall so woudl be Paul and Pau.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 03:12 AM
I think Pau and either Dirk or Dwight would work fine.

mr_relevant
03-30-2010, 03:15 AM
its not about shot attempts. LeBron does a better job than Kobe of moving the ball and recognizing when certain players need a shot. Its about keeping teammates happy, of which Kobe seems to not excel at

I wasn't aware it's still 2003.

GaSoft16
03-30-2010, 03:17 AM
I think Pau and either Dirk or Dwight would work fine.

Dwight would work fine, because it's not like he gets the touches in Orlando because his teammates love jacking up that 3 ball. And Dirk is more of a jumpshooter anyways, not much of a post-up player, so he would work as well. I could obviously see Pau be effective, but he won't be used to his fullest advantage and potential. In the LeBron offense, he wouldn't be able to use some of his arsenal weapons that he has stored.

Hellcrooner
03-30-2010, 03:20 AM
Vale 9:20 de la maņana los yankis estan durmiendo.
Desenmascarado colega!!!

Raph12
03-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Desenmascarado colega!!!

Oh yeah, NOW YOU START WRITING PROPERLY! :p

Hugbees
03-30-2010, 10:34 AM
If Pau was traded from Memphis to Cleveland instead of the Lakers, would LeBron already have a championship by now?

How many threads are you going to start about him, you must be in love. So, is it the curly napped up hair or the Genghis Khan mustache that lures you into his pants?

BOSTON617
03-30-2010, 10:34 AM
what if what
what if kobe was on boston would we win
what if shaq was on atl would they win
what if lebron was on washington would they win

krest213
03-30-2010, 10:38 AM
pau is a nice player but dude is straight soft.

Chronz
03-30-2010, 11:35 AM
So you know for a fact Gasol would perform better along side Lebron? You can guarantee he would not complain about lack of touches?
Who has a history of upsetting teammates/coaching staff with his shot selection? Whos a better playmaker?

I act? Last I checked it was Pau singling out one player for the lack of inside touches both he and Bynum get. Just about every single game you hear Stu complain about that.

Also your point about Kobes shot tally is very telling. Same # of shots despite having teammates who have proven capable of carrying the burden for several teams, and those other stars have scored more effectively than him this year due to his injuries. Even more of a reason he should cut back.

Chronz
03-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Kobe is doing what he does and his team is 1st in the West, so excuse me if I don't really care what his teammates say. He's the breadwinner on that team and in the end, that's what really matters to the owners.
Of course they are first in the West, everything could go wrong and theyd still have a great chance. Afterall when you have a team that can win at a high rate without you, and your playing atleast like a top5 player in the game, your going to be great. Your totally missing the point here.

Yeah, yeah advanced stats, blah blah blah :bla:
LOL selective reasoning I see, its ok to use them when they support your train of thought, but when someone requires you to break them down, you have nothing to offer? Atleast try dude, its not that hard.

Dude you're like a broken record, if you don't think Lebron is worried about his per game stats, god help you... I'll just agree to disagree.
My point is that even if it were true (which Id LOVE to see you prove) that his stats wouldnt suffer.

IMO Gasol fits better alongside Kobe and Lebron is a mediocre off-ball player at best.
Well atleast youve changed your tune somewhat. You do that alot when we argue. But think what you want, I was hoping you could defend your stance but ok

Chronz
03-30-2010, 11:44 AM
What's up with all this hypothetical ********? "Coulds and ifs" don't exist. But since you touch upon this....

Kobe and Shaq right now as a combo would have a better shot at winning a title than Gasol and Lebron. Gasol would piss his pants with the decrease in touches he would get.

Sig worthy?

masalex1205
03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
enough with Gasol

Avenged
03-30-2010, 12:04 PM
enough with Gasol

I concur. The NBA Forum has become the Gasol Forum.

Raph12
03-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Of course they are first in the West, everything could go wrong and theyd still have a great chance. Afterall when you have a team that can win at a high rate without you, and your playing atleast like a top5 player in the game, your going to be great. Your totally missing the point here.

The Lakers without Kobe are not better than the Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz, Suns, Blazers, Thunder or Spurs therefore they are barely a playoff team out West. Kobe is the center of their offense, the West is a lot stronger now than they were back in the day when Gasol ran things in Memphis.

LOL selective reasoning I see, its ok to use them when they support your train of thought, but when someone requires you to break them down, you have nothing to offer? Atleast try dude, its not that hard.

My point is that even if it were true (which Id LOVE to see you prove) that his stats wouldnt suffer.

Honestly, I don't have the time nor the interest of going into that much detail explaining why Lebron's stats would suffer playing off-ball.

Well atleast youve changed your tune somewhat. You do that alot when we argue. But think what you want, I was hoping you could defend your stance but ok

No my point was always that Gasol is a better fit alongside Kobe and that Lebron isn't a good enough off-ball player to compliment Gasol as effectively.

MJ-BULLS
03-30-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm going to have to say yes, Pau Gasol is such a great player team player, very skilled for a big man. In my opinion he is the most skilled big men in the league and basketball IQ wise.

IRUAM #21
03-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Desenmascarado colega!!!

Tu Madre

TheKing23
03-30-2010, 12:49 PM

A post truly deserving of a :facepalm:

Avenged
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM

Kobe and Shaq right now would not have a better chance than Gasol and Lebron. There's just no way. You have a legitimate case if it were Kobe and Shaq vs Lebron and Gasol in their primes.

nyanks79
03-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Why cant Lebron play off the ball? I think thats when he would be at his best. If he ever played with a good offensive coach, maybe a Dantoni in NY, where the philosiphy is have the defense be out of position, Lebron would be really unstopable.

If you ran a Pick and Roll with Gasol, and have the team have proper spacing, with Lebron would be off the ball. With Gasol, the defense would have to respect him and have alot of them go down and help and respect him and the PG. When they kickout to the shooter, the defense is scrambling and closing on him, he is able to swing it to Lebron, at which point again with proper spacing, the defense should be completly out of position and Lebron will have at least a half a step on his player, and be able to get whatever stat he wants. He could drive and finish or get fouled, he could drive and pass to get the assist, or he could probably throw it off the backboard and get the rebound and then finish.

I think Lebron could not only play off the ball, but excel at it. With a better offensive coach and better scheme I think Lebron would do really well. His IQ is really well, and I think he could do more than fine playing off the ball and reacting to others.

Chronz
03-30-2010, 06:27 PM
The Lakers without Kobe are not better than the Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz, Suns, Blazers, Thunder or Spurs therefore they are barely a playoff team out West. Kobe is the center of their offense, the West is a lot stronger now than they were back in the day when Gasol ran things in Memphis.
Your point because you basically proved mine? Nobody ever said they were better but the mere fact that you think they are barely a playoff team proves that you put Kobe on a team that can win at such a high rate without him then of course they are going to be elite when you add a guy whos playing at around a top6ish level, why do you mention things that have nothing to do with what I said.

Honestly, I don't have the time nor the interest of going into that much detail explaining why Lebron's stats would suffer playing off-ball.
What about the main point I made, dont have the time for that one either huh..

No my point was always that Gasol is a better fit alongside Kobe and that Lebron isn't a good enough off-ball player to compliment Gasol as effectively.
No your beginning stance was that Bron COULDNT play off the ball player, now youve changed that stance to mediocre. Just like in our Eric Snow debate, you gradually up the original stance as to avoid sounding so out of line with reality. Smart move but your still wrong, just less wrong. Bron CAN play off the ball effectively, its just not whats best for the team. Put Pau on the team and Bron has the luxury to play off the ball more often. Hed still control the offense because youd be stupid not to put the ball into the hands of a player as efficient a scorer and as gifted a playmaker. But this would allow him to mix it up.

Chronz
03-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Why cant Lebron play off the ball? I think thats when he would be at his best. If he ever played with a good offensive coach, maybe a Dantoni in NY, where the philosiphy is have the defense be out of position, Lebron would be really unstopable.

If you ran a Pick and Roll with Gasol, and have the team have proper spacing, with Lebron would be off the ball. With Gasol, the defense would have to respect him and have alot of them go down and help and respect him and the PG. When they kickout to the shooter, the defense is scrambling and closing on him, he is able to swing it to Lebron, at which point again with proper spacing, the defense should be completly out of position and Lebron will have at least a half a step on his player, and be able to get whatever stat he wants. He could drive and finish or get fouled, he could drive and pass to get the assist, or he could probably throw it off the backboard and get the rebound and then finish.

I think Lebron could not only play off the ball, but excel at it. With a better offensive coach and better scheme I think Lebron would do really well. His IQ is really well, and I think he could do more than fine playing off the ball and reacting to others.
Raph thinks playing off the ball is restricted to midrange jumpshots. Bron has been more consistent from 3 and has a decent trigger from long 2's, where hes really effective is on his cuts. Pau finds Odom and Artest for pointblack shots in the paint all the time, now imagine a more dynamic finisher getting those opportunities. Its just absurd to suggest hes incapable of playing off the ball, Raph just has a vendetta against Bron and thinks he knows what gos on inside his head.

Chronz
03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
A post truly deserving of a :facepalm:

Honestly its sig worthy but a biased Laker fan isnt new to me.

$ NyC $
03-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Damn GaSoft another Pau thread loll.

To answer the question though, No, i don't think so. Pau and Kobe have been a better duo.

MacFitz92
03-30-2010, 06:46 PM
You need to stop with all the Pau Gasol threads, seriously.

THATSALL
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM

:facepalm: BRON NEEDS TO HELP HIMSELF WIN ONE FIRST BEFORE TRYING TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE FROM OTHER TEAMS. WIN WITH WHAT YOU GOT WITH THE CAVS, THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM.

kblo247
03-30-2010, 06:52 PM

Larry Hughes says hello as he was a heck of a playmaker pre-Cleveland and Lebron.

The Cavs played their best ball when Hughes got some run with the ball in his hands yet Lebron didn't play his best and Larry got relegated to set shooter. You can't dodge the fact Hughes was able to share the ball with Jamison and playmaking with Arenas while being a 20pt guy but had to be neutered to basically be an overpaid Bruce Bowen with Lebron.

---

For the topic at hand, Melo and Wade would have a better chance to win with Gasol in that order than Lebron because their styles are similar.

Chronz
03-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Larry Hughes says hello as he was a heck of a playmaker pre-Cleveland and Lebron.
Pau doesnt play the swing spots. I totally agree that when you have 2 guys who rely on their slashing game (though Bron then wasnt the same player he is now) one is bound to suffer just not to the degree that Hughes fell off. Thats where your overrating Hughes, he had exactly 1 year where he played efficient ball and it came in a contract year on an uptempo team that didnt emphasize defense. Then he was hurt over 50% of the season after that and was never the same since, with or without Bron.

The Cavs played their best ball when Hughes got some run with the ball in his hands yet Lebron didn't play his best and Larry got relegated to set shooter.
lol what? They played their best ball when Bron dominated, Hughes was usually injured so no not really.

You can't dodge the fact Hughes was able to share the ball with Jamison and playmaking with Arenas while being a 20pt guy but had to be neutered to basically be an overpaid Bruce Bowen with Lebron.
I dont need to dodge anything because Hughes and Pau dont play on the same spots on the floor and thus wont get in Brons way. Hughes was a contract year player, who got injured and never recovered. Still has nothing to do with my post.

For the topic at hand, Melo and Wade would have a better chance to win with Gasol in that order than Lebron because their styles are similar.
How do you figure?

Stay_Swim
03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry Chronz but not only are you wrong, but that whole post just dodged everyone of those very valid points.

Fact of the matter is Larry Hughes was a successful player before he got with Bron Bron. Yah, injuries played a part but to say that that Lebrick didn't effect Hughes' play might be a little ignorANT.

To answer the question though, No they would not be a better duo. Because Kobe Bryant is a better player then Lebrick plain and simple.

kblo247
03-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Pau doesnt play the swing spots. I totally agree that when you have 2 guys who rely on their slashing game (though Bron then wasnt the same player he is now) one is bound to suffer just not to the degree that Hughes fell off. Thats where your overrating Hughes, he had exactly 1 year where he played efficient ball and it came in a contract year on an uptempo team that didnt emphasize defense. Then he was hurt over 50% of the season after that and was never the same since, with or without Bron.

lol what? They played their best ball when Bron dominated, Hughes was usually injured so no not really.

I dont need to dodge anything because Hughes and Pau dont play on the same spots on the floor and thus wont get in Brons way. Hughes was a contract year player, who got injured and never recovered. Still has nothing to do with my post.

How do you figure?

First off about Hughes and Lebron is that you said James had play with no playmaker and no one complained about playing with him when Larry was and did after signing that near max deal.

How do I figure:

Melo is the closest to Kobe of last year period in terms of fitting into the scoring, range, post up game, rebounding, and one on one defending that Pau is so efficent because of. You could run a pick and roll with him and Pau or invert the offense with Melo posting for Pau jumpers. He could play off the ball. He can hit and take the clutch shots and free throws like Kobe because Pau can't.

Wade is the closest to the Kobe that Pau joined mid-season minus the clutch scoring this year as that hasn't been there for some reason like the year before. Wade can handle the ball, hit the mid range J, cut, and spoon feed Pau like Kobe did more so when there was less Bynum since his first step is quicker. Lose range and on the ball defense but he is still would win with Pau before Lebron

Chronz
03-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry Chronz but not only are you wrong, but that whole post just dodged everyone of those very valid points.

Fact of the matter is Larry Hughes was a successful player before he got with Bron Bron. Yah, injuries played a part but to say that that Lebrick didn't effect Hughes' play might be a little ignorANT.

To answer the question though, No they would not be a better duo. Because Kobe Bryant is a better player then Lebrick plain and simple.
If by dodged you mean refute I agree. Your LeBrick mantra says it all. I dont care what you think.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM

you mean when Hughes was in Washington, and had a great contract year, only to miss nearly 50 games the following year?
And LeBrick doesn't fit bro. LeBron has become a very, very good shooter at this stage.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Its incredible the bias some of you Laker fans have towards LeBron.

avrpatsfan
03-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Who knows? He would have made them much better, but it didn't happen.

magicdouglas
03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
I concur. The NBA Forum has become the Gasol Forum.

What if Gasol shaved his nuts? What if Gasol drove in Nascar? Who would win a golf match between Tiger and Gasol? Could Gasol win a Nobel peace prize? What if Gasol recorded a rap album would you buy it? Who has banged more chicks Gasol or Wilt? What if Gasol ran for public office would you vote for him? Will Gasol be the next coach for the Lakers? Can Gasol fix the economy? Do you think Gasol will friend me on Facebook?..............................

Chronz
03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
First off about Hughes and Lebron is that you said James had play with no playmaker and no one complained about playing with him when Larry was and did after signing that near max deal.
No I said a playmaker on Pau's level. Hughes was far from that for all the reasons I gave.

How do I figure:

Melo is the closest to Kobe of last year period in terms of fitting into the scoring, range, post up game, rebounding, and one on one defending that Pau is so efficent because of. You could run a pick and roll with him and Pau or invert the offense with Melo posting for Pau jumpers. He could play off the ball. He can hit and take the clutch shots and free throws like Kobe because Pau can't.
Wade is the second closest to the Kobe that Pau joined mid-season minus the clutch scoring this year as that hasn't been there for some reason like the year before. Wade can handle the ball, hit the mid range J, cut, and spoon feed Pau like Kobe did more so when there was less Bynum since his first step is quicker.

Closest to Kobe? If thats what your trying to find then why not name Roy? Facts are being closest to Kobe isnt what makes a player great, how effective they are matters. Range? Bron has more range than both Bron is better from long midrange and 3pt territory. So in terms of floor spacing, Bron gives Pau more room to operate, and even then its not as relevant as their playmaking abilities. Wade is on par with finding easy dump offs but Melo isnt close only Wade lacks the range and Melo lacks the passing.
Low post game, Wade doesnt have Brons game and though Melo is instinctively better down there, Bron is a better passer from the post and teams always double Bron down there so hed feed Pau more often.
Rebounding again Bron is better, clutch Bron is better but that depends on your definition of clutch.

PnR play Melo is NOWHERE near Wade and Bron. What about defensive versatility and helping Pau out? Bron is on a level all his own. The better player makes the better fit for Pau. Atleast when that player is the best in the game.

People have always overrated Melo's midrange game but this year it holds true, Wade on the other hand has only had 1 great year with the midrange game. Bron shoots better from everywhere on the court compared to Wade. I take it theres alot of opinion and not enough facts in your argument.

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 12:59 PM
What if Gasol shaved his nuts? What if Gasol drove in Nascar? Who would win a golf match between Tiger and Gasol? Could Gasol win a Nobel peace prize? What if Gasol recorded a rap album would you buy it? Who has banged more chicks Gasol or Wilt? What if Gasol ran for public office would you vote for him? Will Gasol be the next coach for the Lakers? Can Gasol fix the economy? Do you think Gasol will friend me on Facebook?..............................

I agree Gasoft...you need to be banned from starting any and all Gasol posts. Quit being Gasol's bike seat and get out in the fresh air dude.

PLAYERS FAN
03-31-2010, 03:15 PM
If Lebron can't win a championship with this year Cavs team then my answer is no!
Shaq avg 18 points a game last year and 12 points a game this year! Those that say Gasol numbers will be up by playing with Lebron explain that?

Sadds The Gr8
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
I agree Gasoft...you need to be banned from starting any and all Gasol posts. Quit being Gasol's bike seat and get out in the fresh air dude.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lmaooooo

I already knew who made the thread before I even clicked it:pity:
no wonder he's banned...

Avenged
03-31-2010, 03:55 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lmaooooo

I already knew who made the thread before I even clicked it:pity:
no wonder he's banned...

He's banned? I had no idea :laugh2:
Explains why their hasn't been Gasol threads today.

Hellcrooner
03-31-2010, 03:59 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464742

i had my suspiccions thats why i wrote him some spanish because it had to either be a spaniard or a dupe account by someone.

Turned to be the second option since he didnt answer. :D

BOSTON617
03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
He's banned? I had no idea :laugh2:
Explains why their hasn't been Gasol threads today.

haha another day when celtic and laker fans agree!!!
he'll be back tho gasoft was annoying but kind of funny to gasol out of any player in the league!! :facepalm: pau like come one wheres the L at pauuuuu

Stay_Swim
03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
To answer the question. No. Because Kobe Bryant is better then Lebron James. Period.

ldc62
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Shame on you people... GaSoft was a gift from god to lighten my mornings; his threads were a joke!

BOSTON617
03-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Shame on you people... GaSoft was a gift from god to lighten my mornings; his threads were a joke!

haha i already miss him i really did want to see some more gasol stuff today haha :clap: we should make a dedication thread for him lol

Raph12
03-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Finally they banned that guy, I was wondering why there were no new Gasol threads today.

magicdouglas
03-31-2010, 08:14 PM
haha i already miss him i really did want to see some more gasol stuff today haha :clap: we should make a dedication thread for him lol

I'm in.

D1JM
03-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Thank god, I got tired of these Rose threads all the time!

Now we have two gasol threads in 10 minutes!

Keep it up!:superman:

You dont seem to complain about kobe, lakers, Pau Artest threads in the NBA forum. There here all the time about ten times more than rose threads.

basketfan4life
03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
like he is playing in the last weeks,he can't even help prime mj to win one,especially on defence.

IRUAM #21
03-31-2010, 11:35 PM
GaSoft = Ko8e24 = Douchebag with no life.

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Gasol would make a good sidekick for any superstar player... so i say yea

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:18 AM
GaSoft = Ko8e24 = Douchebag with no life.

:laugh2:

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:24 AM
This new Gasoft16 character is hilarious

IRUAM #21
04-01-2010, 12:39 AM
He got banned, lol, it was Ko8e24

Stuckey#3
04-01-2010, 12:40 AM
No... Because Lebron is a childish PreMadonna. At least they padded Jordan's stats after he won a couple championships, Damn Stern. Somebody should blow the whistle on that *******!

Stuckey#3
04-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Damn EO21, do you have a hard on for Lebron? He might be the best player in basketball and all but damn. Take it easy bro. That **** is semi-homoerotic.

E.O.21
04-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Damn EO21, do you have a hard on for Lebron? He might be the best player in basketball and all but damn. Take it easy bro. That **** is semi-homoerotic.

Got alittle excited i guess... hadnt posted in 3 weeks

Stuckey#3
04-01-2010, 12:53 AM
It aint nothin bro. I was just jokin'. But serioulsy... Lebron has gifts. He might be the best player ever. He just needs to mature a bit.

D1JM
04-01-2010, 01:19 AM
did anyone see at the end of the game today how lebron was looking for a foul call on that last play when he had stolen the ball and taken it up for a layup with like .3 seconds on the clock? He was going after the ref why wasnt that called a foul? He reminds me of one of my high school buddies from High School who got a 107% on his test and still went up to the teacher to complain about why didnt he get the 110%.