PDA

View Full Version : Who is on your All-Rookie Team ?

DitchDat
03-29-2010, 10:09 AM
My First Team
G Stephen Curry
G Tyreke Evans
G Darren Collison
F Taj Gibson
F DeJuan Blair

My Second Team
G Brandon Jennings
G Ty Lawson
G Jonny Flynn
G James Harden
F Omri Casspi

Guys who should have made it: Marcus Thornton? Rodrigue Beaubois? Jrue Holiday? Jonas Jerebko? James Harden? Chase Budinger? Others?

I think Brandon Jennings should make the First Team, but who should I leave out for him? Gibson is having an amazing rookie season as a Bull and Blair - a steal by the Spurs - is an energy monster for San Antonio. I really don't like Jennings' shooting percentages, and that's why I put him on the Second Team.

Discuss.

SeoulBeatz
03-29-2010, 10:46 AM
JRUE, JRUE, JRUE!

nah he didn't pick it up until the end of the season, so those lineups look pretty accurate to me

ldc62
03-29-2010, 10:54 AM
why doesn't Demar Derozan get a 2nd team spot? But at least a honorable mention.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2010, 10:54 AM
G Jennings
G Evans
F Casspi
F Jerebko
C Blair

asandhu23
03-29-2010, 11:04 AM
G Jennings
G Evans
F Casspi
F Jerebko
C Blair

:facepalm:

Niro
03-29-2010, 11:06 AM
G Jennings
G Evans
F Casspi
F Jerebko
C Blair

fail

G Stephen Curry
G Tyreke Evans
G Darren Collison
F Taj Gibson
F DeJuan Blair

this looks good to me

Slimsim
03-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Toney Douglas. being a homer.

mikantsass
03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
fail

G Stephen Curry
G Tyreke Evans
G Darren Collison
F Taj Gibson
F DeJuan Blair

this looks good to me

This with Jerebko over Blair

RocketsRule
03-29-2010, 11:23 AM
What exactly are the rules? I'm pretty sure you cannot have four guards... My lineup would be:

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Tyreke Evans
SF: Marcus Thorton
PF: Jonas Jerebko
C: DeJaun Blair

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Jennings would put up same numbers in golden state like Curry!

ClayMatthews
03-29-2010, 11:37 AM
How are people going to put Darren Collision over Brandon Jennings. Brandon Jennings was forced to start his NBA Career right from the start. He has started every game this season for the bucks. Young Buck has better stats in almost every category than Collision and has actually made a difference to his team. Collision has started less than half of the seasons games, so dont even say hes better than BJ.

Tmac,lt,berkman
03-29-2010, 11:39 AM
pg:brandon jennings because he has the bucks playing pretty well
sg:tyreke evans
sf:jonas jerebko
pf:taj gibson
c:dejuan blair

2nd team
pg:darren collision
sg:stephen curry
sf:demar derozan
pf:chase budinger
c:jordan hill cant think of another big rookie...

there is alot of solid rookies this year its hard to pick ten lol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2010, 11:39 AM
fail

G Stephen Curry
G Tyreke Evans
G Darren Collison
F Taj Gibson
F DeJuan Blair

this looks good to me

asandhu23
03-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Jennings would put up same numbers in golden state like Curry!

No he wouldn't. Everyone on the Warriors can score so the rookies have to actually prove themselves before they get to shoot.

ValuePick
03-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Brandon Jennings is on the all-rookie team, it isn't even a question.

loufor2
03-29-2010, 12:52 PM
No he wouldn't. Everyone on the Warriors can score so the rookies have to actually prove themselves before they get to shoot.

...Any single player in the NBA can put up stats on the warriors. All they do is run, chuck up shots, and play no defense. You take D league players and give them 30 min per night and they put up big numbers in the style of play Don Nelson has the warriors play.

IndyRealist
03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
First Team
G Stephen Curry
G Tyreke Evans
F Omri Casspi
F Taj Gibson
F DeJuan Blair

You have to look at the players body of work for the year, so Darren Collison's out even though he could end up top 3 from this draft. The NBA's really pushing Casspi and he's one of the few productive SF rookies, so he'll easily make first team.

Second Team
G Rodrigue Beaubois
G Ty Lawson
G Brandon Jennings
F Marcus Thorton
F Chase Budinger

NJrockPD
03-29-2010, 12:57 PM
G Brandon Jennings
G Stephen Curry
G Tyreke Evans
F Taj Gibson
F DeJuan Blair

That's the best team, I know there are three guards but Tyreke has the size to play the 3.

ValuePick
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
The all-rookie team can have an assortment of positions, it isn't a starting lineup.

For example:
2004-05
Okafor
Howard
Iguodala
Deng
Gordon

2 Centers and 3 SG/SF

2007-08
Horford
Durant
Scola
Thornton
Green

5 Forwards?

DitchDat
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
What exactly are the rules? I'm pretty sure you cannot have four guards... My lineup would be:

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Tyreke Evans
SF: Marcus Thorton
PF: Jonas Jerebko
C: DeJaun Blair

All-Rookie Teams don't look at positions

alencp3
03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Curry/Jennings/Rubio Just Kidding
Tyreke/Collison
Thornton/Derozan
Jerebko/Budinger/Hill
Gibson/Blair

GarlicStench
03-29-2010, 02:37 PM
You guys who live on the left coast shouldn't even vote since very few of you watch the best rookies out west. Curry is wayyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyy better than Jennings. Not even int he same conversation.

xBLAMEITON24x
03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
PG Stephen Curry
SG Tyreke Evans
SF Marcus Thorton
PF Jonas Jerebko
C DeJaun Blair

Mavrix
03-29-2010, 02:41 PM
If Beaubois got 30 mpg on a ****** team like most of the other "top" rookies, he would be a candidate for ROY

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Jennings
Curry
Evans
Blair
Gibson or Cassapi for the last spot

note: The all rookie team has no positions. 5 guards can be named.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 02:52 PM
If Beaubois got 30 mpg on a ****** team like most of the other "top" rookies, he would be a candidate for ROY

but he doesn't. The same can be said every year man, you got a good rookie, just be happy with it

The Prodigy
03-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Sad not 1 person even mentioned Johhny Flynn. I'm not saying he is top 5 pg but he at least deserves an honorable mentioned

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 02:55 PM
You guys who live on the left coast shouldn't even vote since very few of you watch the best rookies out west. Curry is wayyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyy better than Jennings. Not even int he same conversation.

anyone playing on the team from the inflated stats planet first needs to double check their math. Jennings is a far superior passer and defender. In my book, that means a better PG as of now.
Curry went to the perfect situation, where he gets open looks in transition, and if there is one thing that kid can do, its shoot. But Jennings is just as good at the very least, and imo, will be a better overall PG

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Sad not 1 person even mentioned Johhny Flynn. I'm not saying he is top 5 pg but he at least deserves an honorable mentioned

as a Wolves fan, I would put the following guards ahead of him this season

Evans
Curry
Jennings
Collison

Not saying Flynn won't be a very good player, but with the triangle offense, and his overdribbling, these guys are all better so far.

KING_witha_HALO
03-29-2010, 02:57 PM
REKE aka ROY
Curry
Jennings
Casspi
Gibson

Casspi's international influence is something that the nba cherishes and jennings and curry both deserve first team. Gibson is having a great year and we all Tyreke is going to be rookie of the year.

KING_witha_HALO
03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
anyone playing on the team from the inflated stats planet first needs to double check their math. Jennings is a far superior passer and defender. In my book, that means a better PG as of now.
Curry went to the perfect situation, where he gets open looks in transition, and if there is one thing that kid can do, its shoot. But Jennings is just as good at the very least, and imo, will be a better overall PG

First of all curry is averaging 5.7 assists to Brandon Jennings 5.9 so idk how much better a passer that makes him. As far as an inflated system don nelsons usually is one. But Stephen curry is averaging 13.6 fg attempts a game making 6.3 while Jennings is averaging 15.1 and making only 5.6..So curry is clearly a way more efficient player then Jennings. Not to mention that he has Monta on his team which is way more of a ball magnet then anybody on the bucks. So your opinion, although appreciated, is incorrect.

Ray_R
03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
First Team
G Stephen Curry
G Tyreke Evans
F Omri Casspi
F Taj Gibson
F DeJuan Blair

You have to look at the players body of work for the year, so Darren Collison's out even though he could end up top 3 from this draft. The NBA's really pushing Casspi and he's one of the few productive SF rookies, so he'll easily make first team.

Second Team
G Rodrigue Beaubois
G Ty Lawson
G Brandon Jennings
F Marcus Thorton
F Chase Budinger

this

momoneyyyy
03-29-2010, 03:11 PM
stephen curry is definitely having the better rookie season than jennings. steph has 5 30 points 10 assists games this year tying mj for 2nd most by a rookie. oh yeah oscar robertson had 25 in his rookie season. lol

CityofTreez
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Brockman

momoneyyyy
03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2010/03/26/20100321_curry_top10.nba/ here are stephen currys top 10 plays of the season.

footballer2369
03-29-2010, 03:34 PM
jennings
curry
evans
flynn
casspi

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 03:35 PM
First of all curry is averaging 5.7 assists to Brandon Jennings 5.9 so idk how much better a passer that makes him. As far as an inflated system don nelsons usually is one. But Stephen curry is averaging 13.6 fg attempts a game making 6.3 while Jennings is averaging 15.1 and making only 5.6..So curry is clearly a way more efficient player then Jennings. Not to mention that he has Monta on his team which is way more of a ball magnet then anybody on the bucks. So your opinion, although appreciated, is incorrect.

this is what I mean. You don't understand statistics in the least bit when looking at a player. Adjust for pace, and look at how many baskets each assists there team on percentage wise. THere is a big difference. And I said Curry's shooting ability is elite basically, and playing in an open system gets him open looks.
Jennings is also a better defender. Anyone who argues a GS player being a better defender then anyone needs a reality check

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
quick question. With obvious minimal (and I mean minimal) exceptions, does anybody think that a player from any of the other 29 teams that went to GS and got the same minutes they were getting wouldn't produce higher per game numbers?
Its unreal how many of you GS fans mention "Oh, I know Nelsons system is fast", and then turn around and totally deny that has any effect on the statistics of your players. THey are all inflated.

ValuePick
03-29-2010, 03:44 PM
The entire argument is stupid, Jennings and Curry are two of the top three rookies, they are both on the all-rookie team.

The Jennings hate is ridiculous here. In case you didn't notice, he went for 29 pts 8 asts and 7 rebs yesterday.

bchissie
03-29-2010, 04:00 PM
As other people have mentioned, positions dont matter when making the all-rookie team, so with that being said:

Tyreke Evans
Stephen Curry
Brandon Jennings
Marcus Thornton
Darren Collison

Those 5 are the top rookies...hands down.

DRE'-MAC
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Position doesn't matter for the NBA All-Rookie Team. So my teams would be...

First Team
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Stephen Curry
Darren Collison
Marcus Thorton

Second Team
Dejuan Blair
James Harden
Ty Lawson
Omri Casspi
Jonny Flynn

Third Team
Jonas Jerekbo
Taj Gibson
Chase Budinger
Wesley Matthews
Terrence Williams

momoneyyyy
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM

First Team
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Stephen Curry
Darren Collison
Marcus Thorton

Second Team
Dejuan Blair
James Harden
Ty Lawson
Omri Casspi
Jonny Flynn

Third Team
Jonas Jerekbo
Taj Gibson
Chase Budinger
Wesley Matthews
Terrence Williams

they dont vote for the 3rd team.

randomness
03-29-2010, 04:25 PM

First Team
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Stephen Curry
Darren Collison
Marcus Thorton

Second Team
Dejuan Blair
James Harden
Ty Lawson
Omri Casspi
Jonny Flynn

Third Team
Jonas Jerekbo
Taj Gibson
Chase Budinger
Wesley Matthews
Terrence Williams

no DeRozan? I would put him ahead of Matthews, Williams and Budinger..

Breatnach
03-29-2010, 04:45 PM

Since neither "left" nor "right" are accurate geographical terms, this may be a moot point, but am I the only one who finds it funny calling the East "the left coast"?:confused: Or did he really mean people from the west coast don't watch the best rookies out west?

dwadefan03
03-29-2010, 05:00 PM

jennings isnt better passer than curry. people need to stop making the argument that justy because gstate plays a run n gun system that EVERY ones stats are inflated. im sure curry could put 19/5 on the bucks too

JWO35
03-29-2010, 05:02 PM
1st Team
G. Stephen Curry
G. Tyreke Evans
F. Jonas Jerebko
F. Taj Gibson
C. DeJaun Blair

2nd Team
G. Ty Lawson
G. Brandon Jennings
F. Chas Budinger
F. Omari Casppi
F. Terrence Williams

RaptorizedKevin
03-29-2010, 05:08 PM

Okay fine, add curry up there. you happy?

Kakaroach
03-29-2010, 05:12 PM
My First Team
G Stephen Curry
G Tyreke Evans
G Brandon Jennings
F Taj Gibson
F DeJuan Blair

My Second Team
G Darren Collison
F Jonas Jerebko
G Jonny Flynn
G Wesley Matthews
F Omri Casspi

DirkIsTheBest
03-29-2010, 05:14 PM
G. Brandon Jennings
G. Stephen Curry
F. Jonas Jerebko
F. Taj Gibson
C. DeJuan Blair

Jennings >>>>>>> Evans
Curry >>>>>>> Evans
Tyreke Evans is way overrated.

KING_witha_HALO
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
G. Brandon Jennings
G. Stephen Curry
F. Jonas Jerebko
F. Taj Gibson
C. DeJuan Blair

Jennings >>>>>>> Evans
Curry >>>>>>> Evans
Tyreke Evans is way overrated.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! ya 20, 5, 5 is overrated. It's only been done by three players in there rookie years ever!! That is not overrated my friend. If you watch a kings game you will see the influence that Tyreke already has on the court. He has the ability to get to the rim almost at will against some of the leagues best. he is still a higher percent shooter then jennings and while he lacks range he is still 20 years old. And have you ever heard anything negative about Tyreke Evans??Jennings was too stupid to get a full ride to Arizona. Curry has upside but he is still small and relies too much on his outside shot. If the draft happened today Tyreke would be the first pick

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 08:33 PM
jennings isnt better passer than curry. people need to stop making the argument that justy because gstate plays a run n gun system that EVERY ones stats are inflated. im sure curry could put 19/5 on the bucks too

um, no he wouldnt, cause Skiles is a defensive coach so Curry would not see as much playing time.

But the pace of game argument is valid dude. If you have 50 posessions in a game, you have stats A. If you have 40 posessions in a game, you have stats B. A had better have better bottom line numbers (per game averages) than B. Otherwise, it simply needs to be adjusted. And when you do that to GS players, their REAL statistics drop every time. Not only that, but because of the run and gun, the individual defensive ratings are hurt even. So if you look at effeciency of players, GS is the definition of phanton stats brother

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Look simply put, Jennings appears to be the better traditional PG. But in an open system, or even a triangle system, Curry is going to be better. THey both appear to have very good careers ahead of them. THis is a rookie team thread, and Evans is clear cut #1, then Curry, Jennings can make an argument

goose15
03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
G-Curry
G-Evans
G-Jennings
F-Gibson (cant go 4 guards)
F-Blair

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 08:48 PM
G-Curry
G-Evans
G-Jennings
F-Gibson (cant go 4 guards)
F-Blair

you can have 4 guards btw. Maybe you just meant YOU don't want 4 guards, which you are entitled to no doubt

tredigs
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
You guy realizes all rookie teams don't worry about positions, right?

tredigs
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Alright i'll make a list. And just to reiterate, all rookie teams don't take positions into account like the all league teams.

My First Team:

Steph Curry
Tyreke Evans
Darren Collison
Marcus Thornton
Brandon Jennings

These are the five most impactful rookies this year. Tyreke, Steph are locks obviously. Collison and Thornton have been as good as anyone in the last third of the season, and have been huge reasons the team didn't completely collapse following CP3's injury. And I think Jennings (despite his struggles with 2pt fg's) has done enough with that team, and generated enough buzz to warrant 1st team. Gibson and De Juan have been pretty solid, but nothing spectacular at all. And the other guards that look good like Jrue Holliday came in a little too late to get consideration.

So yeah, I've got 5 guards taking first team this year, because I think that all of them have been more important than any of the bigs. And I'd be shocked if any less than 4 of those guys make the actual all league rookie team.

_KB24_
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Tyreke
Curry
Jennings
Collison
Blair

goose15
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
You guy realizes all rookie teams don't worry about positions, right?

All rookie TEAM, isnt that the point to make some what of a team.

Lets just call it the top 5 rookies then.

tredigs
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM

Do you know there's an actual thing called the "All Rookie Team" given to the top 10 rookies every year? Five on the first team, five on the second team.

And no, the point isn't to make it an actual team, it's to reward the top ten players, regardless of position. The reason they do that is if there's a draft exactly like this one where the quality of the players is either guard heavy or forward heavy, being that there's a lot less players to choose from than the regular all league teams.

mr_relevant
03-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Tyreke (ROY)
Steph Curry
Brandon Jennings
Darren Collison
Dejuan Blair

DitchDat
03-30-2010, 05:13 AM

Eh.... no.