PDA

View Full Version : The Prokhorov Effect- The Nets True Savior

Chill_Will_24
03-28-2010, 11:59 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/3/9/1361409/the-prokhorov-effect-if-i-were-a

I read this article a couple of days ago and as a Nets fan i cant help but feel that this new owner will make SURE the Nets are a contender next year. He is a highly competitive billionaire who likes challenges. I think the Nets are a sleeping monster who is about to wake. Personally being of the opinion that the NBA lottery is a hoax, i think we WILL get John Wall this summer. Money talks so if Prokhorov wants him im sure we will somehow wind up with him. And combining him with an all star PG in Harris, an all star caliber C in Lopez, and a young necleus of talent i think our roster will look pretty nice, pretty soon. Now we got a Mikhail Prokhorov taking charge, and after watching his confident swagger on CBS-60 minutes i think his taking over the Nets will have a bigger impact than people realize. How do you guys think this russian tycoon will affect the Nets future? Is it a big deal or are the Nets fans reading too much into this looking for a silver lining? Here is a link to his interview on CBS: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=rvERznyHppS0Jkb5N_Q2cdk8lclGSFzj&vs=homepage&play=true

acehole
03-29-2010, 12:25 AM
nets actually have a lot of talent on their roster..im really surprised that theyve been so bad this season, expected them to be better. Borderline all star Pg in Harris, future perennial all star in Lopez, nice young talent in Lee, Williams, even Yi. I guess they havent meshed this season, the roster on paper def looks like it shouldve atleast won 25-30 games.

Chill_Will_24
03-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Lack of a coach... or should i say lack of interest in a coach because it helps their chances at Wall

RaptorizedKevin
03-29-2010, 12:38 AM
good to see theres hope for this nets organization and fans.

IU Hoosiers 3
03-29-2010, 01:05 AM
i think with a little work they can be a very good team next year..rebuilding with harris lopez lee and williams..not bad tools.

jmastert
03-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Thats what ive been saying for the past year. The Russian Giant

mr_relevant
03-29-2010, 01:48 AM
I've never been sold on Brook Lopez, I think he'll be a good rotation player, maybe a few all star selections in his prime. If the Nets can get a solid player or a high draft pick in exchange for him, they should pull the trigger.

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-29-2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/3/9/1361409/the-prokhorov-effect-if-i-were-a

I read this article a couple of days ago and as a Nets fan i cant help but feel that this new owner will make SURE the Nets are a contender next year. He is a highly competitive billionaire who likes challenges. I think the Nets are a sleeping monster who is about to wake. Personally being of the opinion that the NBA lottery is a hoax, i think we WILL get John Wall this summer. Money talks so if Prokhorov wants him im sure we will somehow wind up with him. And combining him with an all star PG in Harris, an all star caliber C in Lopez, and a young necleus of talent i think our roster will look pretty nice, pretty soon. Now we got a Mikhail Prokhorov taking charge, and after watching his confident swagger on CBS-60 minutes i think his taking over the Nets will have a bigger impact than people realize. How do you guys think this russian tycoon will affect the Nets future? Is it a big deal or are the Nets fans reading too much into this looking for a silver lining? Here is a link to his interview on CBS: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=rvERznyHppS0Jkb5N_Q2cdk8lclGSFzj&vs=homepage&play=true

O god...

Yeah I saw the 60 minutes interview. Seems like a cool SUPER lucky guy who basically got handed a company through insider trading in Russia. Big woop! The Nets are a septic tank of a franchise with no hope unless they get Jwall and trade harris for some1 really good.

Harris aint even a real allstar anyways IMO.

I also don't see how money comes into play in terms of attaining John Wall??? please explain...

:facepalm:

Just sounds like some1 got super gassed off a 60 minutes if you ask me

Chill_Will_24
03-29-2010, 12:15 PM
O god...

Yeah I saw the 60 minutes interview. Seems like a cool SUPER lucky guy who basically got handed a company through insider trading in Russia. Big woop! The Nets are a septic tank of a franchise with no hope unless they get Jwall and trade harris for some1 really good.

Harris aint even a real allstar anyways IMO.

I also don't see how money comes into play in terms of attaining John Wall??? please explain...

:facepalm:

Just sounds like some1 got super gassed off a 60 minutes if you ask me

I dont care HOW he got his fortune. He is a known big spender and he has vowed to make the Nets good. He is competitive to say the least. As far as the John Wall thing i think money can play a factor in many ways. You can make cash deals on draft day. Buy a couple of teams picks, trade them along with your top 4 pick for the first if we dont get it. Im not saying this is at all likely but its just an example. It just depends on how much our owner wants John Wall. Maybe hes an Evan Turner fan. Anyway i believe in some of those sports conspiracy theories and theres always deals that go on behind closed doors that we will never know of because they are not disclosed to the media. Money talks

NYK_kidd77
03-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I dont know how much the guy knows about basketball but i know hes rich and willing to spend so thats a great thing to have.