PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron Leaves CLE

Lakers4ItAll
03-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Who do you think the Cavs would go after in the F/A market? Better yet who would wanna go play there???

IAmKira
03-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Kobe? LOLLLLLLLLLLL

bal_ravens
03-28-2010, 11:35 PM
If a max contract was offered, a lot of people would go there. It isnt the place where people would take less to play, but money talks.

philab
03-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Who do you think the Cavs would go after in the F/A market? Better yet who would wanna go play there???

**** this.

The Cavaliers have a deep-pocketed, player- and fan-friendly owner and a rabid fanbase. It's not absurd that someone would want to play for Cleveland.

RaptorizedKevin
03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
if lebron leaves CLEveland, the cavs are a lottery team.

Sox Appeal
03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
They won't have any cap-space. So no players will be going to play there.

IAmKira
03-28-2010, 11:39 PM

pretty sure mo william, Jamison and the player they sign has something to say about that..

jimbobjarree
03-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Cavs would just turn into a ****** version of Washington next year instead of Arenas/Butler/Jamison they'd have the formidable MoWill/Jamison/Varajao LOL

Chill_Will_24
03-28-2010, 11:43 PM
If Lebron leaves cleveland they will be an 8th seed that will be swept in the first round... at best. They better hope they win this year because their team comprises of a bunch of scrubs that suck without him. As far as who would come???? I dont think many would want to come try to fill the big shoes of Lebron if he leaves. The prospect would be intimidating

jimbobjarree
**** this.

The Cavaliers have a deep-pocketed, player- and fan-friendly owner and a rabid fanbase. It's not absurd that someone would want to play for Cleveland.

you mean they have LBJ? Yeah hes not apart of the Cavs in this question

Kakaroach
Yeah I don't think they have the cap space. And I don't think that would be a playoff team without the King.

JiffyMix88
03-28-2010, 11:54 PM

if lebron left cleveland i think the entire city would move with him. So if he goes to new york their population will go from 27 million to 50 million.

jackdawson
03-28-2010, 11:55 PM

Gasol, Odom, Artest, and Bynum.

Chacarron
03-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Gasol, Odom, Artest, and Bynum.

Failed attempt at being funny.

philab
03-29-2010, 12:54 AM
you mean they have LBJ? Yeah hes not apart of the Cavs in this question

Cleveland fans may be a lot of things, but fair-weather they are not. The Browns are a testament to that.

Raph12
03-29-2010, 01:47 AM

This

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Anthony Parker
SF - Antawn Jamison
PF - JJ Hickson
C - Shaquille O'Neal
Bench - Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Varejao, Delonte West, Jamario Moon, etc...

That is better than a 7th/8th seed in the East, I'd put them up there with Milwaukee and Miami for 5th/6th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that being said, I think he goes to the Knicks with Amare to play under D'Antoni in the big apple.

mr_relevant
03-29-2010, 01:59 AM
1) Trade Jamison, Williams and company for expiring contracts - Chris Paul's a free agent in 2011.
2) Fire Mike Brown - he'll be useless without lebron
3) Spend a few years in the lottery and try to make smart draft choices

sventhedog
03-29-2010, 02:03 AM
i don't really blame you guys for having active imaginative minds. but that's all it, just imagination.

all of these news of lebron leaving is all made up by the clown himself. the last thing he said was that he would stop talking about free agency but what about the time before that? he was talking about how good new york is or other places or how good it would be to play for them. then he suddenly talks about getting tired of all the rumors? lol.

he'd really do anything to get any attention. i liked what barkley said before that it was somehow disrespectful for the cavs organization that lebron was entertaining media talks about new york etc.

so don't you think he's gotten enough attention? he's wasting all his talent by concentrating on putting up circus shows in the court.

abe_froman
03-29-2010, 02:12 AM

no one,they'd blow it up and rebuild

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-29-2010, 02:14 AM
**** this.

and then you woke up

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-29-2010, 02:17 AM
CAVS WITHOUT LBJ WOULD BE REALLY BAD. But some1 would sign there if the money is right.

jeter 2
03-29-2010, 02:46 AM
Al Harrington

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-29-2010, 02:47 AM
If he truly wants to be a mega star...

Lebron would be absolutely ******** and labeled an idiot savant if he passes the opportunity to go play ball in the Mecca of basketball on the biggest stage in the world. We've seen him play for the Cavs, its great, but how much bigger can he get there?? Tiger Woods with all his issues, is still a bigger star, and he plays golf! wut up with that? Nike wants him to bounce, and don't even tell me Cleveland is a better place to lace em up @...His popularity is at an all time high...when he goes into free agency this summer, he can either take two roads (AND DON'T SIT HERE AND TELL ME THERES SOME OTHER TEAM HE'S THINKING OF GOING TO! LOL) "back to cleveland" or "on to New York" Lets just say he choses Cleveland...that spike in the magnitude of interest he stirred up leading to July 1st will plummet immediately and he will go back to Lebron, back in Cleveland etc etc...we've seen this episode b4, the whole world has, and its getting old...especially if he doesn't win championships.

...Now if he choses the road leading to New York, his popularity will spike to unthinkable levels for a modern day sports star. He would have seized the opportunity to stimulate so much press, so much fanfare, that all these delusional people who sware "Lebron can't get any bigger" etc wont know what hit them.

If he's the least bit smart, he'd bolt to the greatest city in the world and take that **** over.

If he doesn't come New Yorkers will just say he was just scared to play here and boo him every time he steps into the garden while he goes for 40 lol.

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Al Harrington

word, Al would be all over that **** hahaha

TheKing23
03-29-2010, 08:10 AM
To all those that are saying the Cavs would have no cap room... If LeBron didn't re-sign we'd have $45 million on the books, that would leave about $10-12 million to sign someone.

Clearly we'd prefer to keep LeBron though.

DitchDat
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
i don't really blame you guys for having active imaginative minds. but that's all it, just imagination.

all of these news of lebron leaving is all made up by the clown himself. the last thing he said was that he would stop talking about free agency but what about the time before that? he was talking about how good new york is or other places or how good it would be to play for them. then he suddenly talks about getting tired of all the rumors? lol.

he'd really do anything to get any attention. i liked what barkley said before that it was somehow disrespectful for the cavs organization that lebron was entertaining media talks about new york etc.

so don't you think he's gotten enough attention? he's wasting all his talent by concentrating on putting up circus shows in the court.

I tell you this much: if he doesn't leave, Ima stop worrying about the guy altogether. It'll be the Slam Dunk Contest all over again. Hyping people up and not coming through.

prodigy
03-29-2010, 09:59 AM
I always joke with my friends that it would be funny if Lebron went to NY, then Wade went to Cleveland and won a ship the very first year. lol.

BTW- this topic just open the door for a lot of people to bash Cleveland. It should be locked.

jetsfan28
03-29-2010, 10:11 AM
This

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Anthony Parker
SF - Antawn Jamison
PF - JJ Hickson
C - Shaquille O'Neal
Bench - Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Varejao, Delonte West, Jamario Moon, etc...

That is better than a 7th/8th seed in the East, I'd put them up there with Milwaukee and Miami for 5th/6th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that being said, I think he goes to the Knicks with Amare to play under D'Antoni in the big apple.

Why exactly would Shaq want to be on that team? They wouldn't have him.

prodigy
03-29-2010, 10:30 AM
But to be honest. The cavs current roster without Lebron could be anywhere from a 5th to a 8th seed.

I don't see any Big stars signing there. But not having to pay Lebron 17mill next season will give them anywhere from 5-8 million to spend. They will have to get that superstar threw the draft.

They also have a lot of trade-able assets.

philab
03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
and then you woke up

**** you. What's so crazy about that? OKC, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Jersey, Indianapolis, Detroit . . . All those places have NBA teams also. Not everyone wants to play in NY or LA. Not everyone CAN play in NY or LA.

If there's money and fans, someone will go there.

philab
03-29-2010, 10:35 AM
It isn't absurd that someone would want to play for Cleveland....

It is absurd that someone would want to live in Cleveland.

Have you ever been to Cleveland? Please.

Cleveland's not for everyone, but it's got plenty to offer. It's far from the wasteland that it's made out to be -- that's only parts of Cleveland proper. The suburbs are extraordinarily nice, and the cost of living is very low.

Again, I'm not here so much to defend Cleveland but to defend reason. Cleveland has its problems, but many people love it dearly. It's far from crazy to suggest that someone would take $15MM or so a year to play basketball there.

prodigy
03-29-2010, 10:40 AM
**** you. What's so crazy about that? OKC, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Jersey, Indianapolis, Detroit . . . All those places have NBA teams also. Not everyone wants to play in NY or LA. Not everyone CAN play in NY or LA.

Clam down man, Its just people being ignorant like alway. They bash Cleveland and I bet they never been there. People think that the entire city of Cleveland is horrible. Ohio has some of the best suburbs in the country and thats a fact. Most of them are right around Cleveland.

BTW- I'd play in hell for 15million.

IndiansFan337
03-29-2010, 10:40 AM
We've seen him play for the Cavs, its great, but how much bigger can he get there?? Tiger Woods with all his issues, is still a bigger star, and he plays golf! wut up with that?

If he doesn't come New Yorkers will just say he was just scared to play here and boo him every time he steps into the garden while he goes for 40 lol.

I guess that doesn't say much for the rest of the players in the NBA then, since he's already the biggest star in the league, residing out of Cleveland. And Tiger Woods is the biggest star in all of sports, and right now it is for all of the wrong reasons, but that isn't an insult to LeBron. That would have been like trying to insult Frank Thomas in the 90's by saying he'll always be second fiddle to MJ.

New Yorkers won't boo him. They love him. Everytime we go to NY he puts on a show. And honestly, those fans deserve to see some talent every once in awhile. Their home squad hasn't done them justice the past few seasons. I still think the NY fans will love LBJ even when he re signs with Cleveland, and then they'll just start talking about the next summer he can hit F/A in hopes that they can get him at the latter portion of his career.

TheWatcher34
03-29-2010, 10:43 AM
no player considered a "superstar caliber" will want to play in Cleveland for the simple reason that the fans and the franchise will always encounter him subconsciously with something like "he's good...but he can't do what LeBron could do" "he's alright, but not as good as LeBron" these comparisons will always be there, Lebron's shadow would last for many years and no "superstar player" would want to have to fill LeBron's shoes!!

prodigy
03-29-2010, 10:47 AM
no player considered a "superstar caliber" will want to play in Cleveland for the simple reason that the fans and the franchise will always encounter him subconsciously with something like "he's good...but he can't do what LeBron could do" "he's alright, but not as good as LeBron" these comparisons will always be there, Lebron's shadow would last for many years and no "superstar player" would want to have to fill LeBron's shoes!!

Ok.

Then no star will ever play in Chi-town again.

No star will ever play in LA again.

No star will ever play in Boston again.

No star will ever play in Miami again.

No star would ever play in Dallas again.

No star will ever play in Denver again.

No star will ever play in OKC again.

Ok I pretty much destroyed that thought lol.

TheWatcher34
03-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Ok.

Then no star will ever play in Chi-town again.

No star will ever play in LA again.

No star will ever play in Boston again.

No star will ever play in Miami again.

No star would ever play in Dallas again.

No star will ever play in Denver again.

No star will ever play in OKC again.

Ok I pretty much destroyed that thought lol.

i mean, Lebron is considered the local hero in Cle, he grew up in this place. Mia, LA, CHI, BOS, of course they've had their stars in the past but due to the fact that they are big markets they will always be in good position of attracting new players. in Cle it's different. is not the mecca of basketball and Lebron draws so much attention that no one that will join the Cavs will get the same attention.
OKC is a completely "new" franchise that is now starting to build a legacy with Durant. in Dallas and Denver there has never been a megastar player (ok maybe Melo in DEN and Dirk for some reason is only considered the foreigner)

philab
03-29-2010, 11:21 AM
i mean, Lebron is considered the local hero in Cle, he grew up in this place. Mia, LA, CHI, BOS, of course they've had their stars in the past but due to the fact that they are big markets they will always be in good position of attracting new players. in Cle it's different. is not the mecca of basketball and Lebron draws so much attention that no one that will join the Cavs will get the same attention.
OKC is a completely "new" franchise that is now starting to build a legacy with Durant. in Dallas and Denver there has never been a megastar player (ok maybe Melo in DEN and Dirk for some reason is only considered the foreigner)

You just made all of this up.

Boston is Exhibit A. The '80s Celtics were popular beyond belief. Today, somehow, some way, Boston fans were able to wrap their minds around the concept of time and root for a new team. Now they sell out every game.

RaiderLakersA's
03-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Monta Ellis.

Especially if you believe Ellis that he is the second best player behind Kobe and ahead of LeBron. :)

JLMiles14
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I guess that doesn't say much for the rest of the players in the NBA then, since he's already the biggest star in the league, residing out of Cleveland. And Tiger Woods is the biggest star in all of sports, and right now it is for all of the wrong reasons, but that isn't an insult to LeBron. That would have been like trying to insult Frank Thomas in the 90's by saying he'll always be second fiddle to MJ.

New Yorkers won't boo him. They love him. Everytime we go to NY he puts on a show. And honestly, those fans deserve to see some talent every once in awhile. Their home squad hasn't done them justice the past few seasons. I still think the NY fans will love LBJ even when he re signs with Cleveland, and then they'll just start talking about the next summer he can hit F/A in hopes that they can get him at the latter portion of his career.

If you really think we wont boo Lebron if he doesnt come here then you are crazy man.

ldc62
03-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Whats with the hate? Cleveland is a nice city, solid fan base (they still support the Browns). Its not LA, NY or Chi-Town, but definitely a top 10 place to live in. Could be dull, but the people seem to be friendly.

Cubs Win
03-29-2010, 11:39 AM
If you really think we wont boo Lebron if he doesnt come here then you are crazy man.

Then start getting ready to boo.

RaiderLakersA's
03-29-2010, 11:49 AM
LeBron should stay in Cleveland.

JLMiles14
03-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Then start getting ready to boo.

Heck doesnt bother me, atleast it will be better then having to boo our own team finally, bc whether we get Lebron or not we are finally going to have a good team again

Chill_Will_24
03-29-2010, 11:59 AM
If he truly wants to be a mega star...

Lebron would be absolutely ******** and labeled an idiot savant if he passes the opportunity to go play ball in the Mecca of basketball on the biggest stage in the world. We've seen him play for the Cavs, its great, but how much bigger can he get there?? Tiger Woods with all his issues, is still a bigger star, and he plays golf! wut up with that? Nike wants him to bounce, and don't even tell me Cleveland is a better place to lace em up @...His popularity is at an all time high...when he goes into free agency this summer, he can either take two roads (AND DON'T SIT HERE AND TELL ME THERES SOME OTHER TEAM HE'S THINKING OF GOING TO! LOL) "back to cleveland" or "on to New York" Lets just say he choses Cleveland...that spike in the magnitude of interest he stirred up leading to July 1st will plummet immediately and he will go back to Lebron, back in Cleveland etc etc...we've seen this episode b4, the whole world has, and its getting old...especially if he doesn't win championships.

...Now if he choses the road leading to New York, his popularity will spike to unthinkable levels for a modern day sports star. He would have seized the opportunity to stimulate so much press, so much fanfare, that all these delusional people who sware "Lebron can't get any bigger" etc wont know what hit them.

If he's the least bit smart, he'd bolt to the greatest city in the world and take that **** over.

I was gonna put up like a billion facepalms but ill just settle for saying your an idiot. Of couse you would post something stupid like this, your a Knicks fan. Lets be real if Lebron bolts to NY it will be for the Nets. He will most likely stay in CLE but jeez some of you Knicks fans are delusiona to say the least. How many times do ppl hae to tell you your money and your market dont mean *******! Lebron wants to win multiple titles. Your sorry team of scrubs comprises of a buch of expiring contracts and, an Italian that has shown flashes of brilliance sometimes, and a mediocre young PG. Oh and your high offense no defense coach. Wake up! My Nets have a lot of cap space too, but unlike your team we actually made good moves. We have an all star PG, an all star caliber C, and a great bunch of young players that only lack some leadership. We are guaranteed a great player in this draft and have the best chance at John Wall. Why the heck would Lebron go to THAT NY team when the Nets will have the same market in NY but with much potential, unlike the Knicks. MSG? Please... Overrated...

JOSKOMANG4
03-29-2010, 12:00 PM
LIFE W/O LEBRON

C) VAREJAO
PF) HICKSON/L.POWE
SF) A.JAMISON/J.MOON
SG) J.Howard/D.WEST/A.PARKER
PG) M.WILLIAMS/BOOBIE GIBSON

THEY WOULD..

1) RESIGN BIG Z TO BACKUP VAREJAO

2) SIGN A FREE-AGENT SHOOTING GUARD; though he got hurt this past season.. I honestly believe at the mid-level exception, they could get Josh Howard. in red*

That lineup.. I'd say a 5th-6th seed in the Eastern Conference

Raph12
03-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Why exactly would Shaq want to be on that team? They wouldn't have him.

So he could continue to play... Which contender would want to sign a 39 yr old Shaq?

RaiderLakersA's
03-29-2010, 12:31 PM
So he could continue to play... Which contender would want to sign a 39 yr old Shaq?

Signs one day contract to retire a Laker...if he patches up things with Dr. Buss.

NYK_kidd77
03-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I was gonna put up like a billion facepalms but ill just settle for saying your an idiot. Of couse you would post something stupid like this, your a Knicks fan. Lets be real if Lebron bolts to NY it will be for the Nets. He will most likely stay in CLE but jeez some of you Knicks fans are delusiona to say the least. How many times do ppl hae to tell you your money and your market dont mean *******! Lebron wants to win multiple titles. Your sorry team of scrubs comprises of a buch of expiring contracts and, an Italian that has shown flashes of brilliance sometimes, and a mediocre young PG. Oh and your high offense no defense coach. Wake up! My Nets have a lot of cap space too, but unlike your team we actually made good moves. We have an all star PG, an all star caliber C, and a great bunch of young players that only lack some leadership. We are guaranteed a great player in this draft and have the best chance at John Wall. Why the heck would Lebron go to THAT NY team when the Nets will have the same market in NY but with much potential, unlike the Knicks. MSG? Please... Overrated...

Wow right now there is only one New York basketball team.

GSW Hoops
03-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Signs one day contract to retire a Laker...if he patches up things with Dr. Buss.

Haha a one-day contract.

GodsSon
03-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Cleveland fans may be a lot of things, but fair-weather they are not. The Browns are a testament to that.

I remember the Gund Arena back in the early 2000's being empty as ****...they're pretty damn fairweather man

mikantsass
03-29-2010, 02:27 PM
PG - Mo Williams
SG - Anthony Parker
SF - Antawn Jamison
PF - JJ Hickson
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Wrong, Shaq and Z are not signed for next year. It would look like this

Mo Will
Parker
Jamison
Hickson
Varejao

And I am not sold at all with Jamison playing SF, I think he would get eaten alive by the SF in the league. They would, however, have $$$$ to sign a Max guy if they lose lebron. I think they need a wing player (Johnson, Wade). They have size but they would need someone to help compensate the loss of James' perimeter play and slashing/driving to the basket

mikantsass
03-29-2010, 02:30 PM
You just made all of this up.

Boston is Exhibit A. The '80s Celtics were popular beyond belief. Today, somehow, some way, Boston fans were able to wrap their minds around the concept of time and root for a new team. Now they sell out every game.

The Celtics used to pack the Garden even when they sucked this decade. Difference is that now they are good again, so ticket prices quadroupled..

GaSoft16
03-29-2010, 02:34 PM
The Celtics used to pack the Garden even when they sucked this decade. Difference is that now they are good again, so ticket prices quadroupled..

But I thought most of their fans were disappointed in their franchise. I used to see on TV Celtics fans wearing brown paper bags over their heads and put up signs saying "Fire Ainge" or "Fire Doc". I think that was the lowest point for the franchise for Celtics fans and the organization.

That did happen right? Or am I just dreaming? Perhaps I'm mistaken about the paper bag thing. If so, my bad.

tjlipford
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
What are u talking about? I hope he doesnt leave but we would have a ton of money because west, shaq, and z would be coming off the books.

tjlipford
03-29-2010, 02:37 PM
If we lose LB we are ****ed I think

JOSKOMANG4
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I'd be a pig in **** if Lebron came to the Clippers... the idea of Lebron & Kobe sharing the staples center.. def excites me.

But the Western Conference is tough.. and with the Lakers & Suns already in your division.. the Clippers wouldn't be a top seed, even with Lebron... I'd say 4th-5th seed at most.

1) Lakers
2) Nuggets
3) Mavericks
4) Clippers(w/Lebron & a healthy T.Griffin)
5) Suns(only if they can lock up Amar'e)
6) Spurs
7) Rockets(w/Yao back.. def a way better team)
8) OKC(if they can bring in a veteran guy with playoff experience)

Outside looking in.. Blazers(

JOSKOMANG4
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
What are u talking about? I hope he doesnt leave but we would have a ton of money because west, shaq, and z would be coming off the books.

D-West isnt off the books.. but you are right about Shaq & Big Z... but coming in2 this offeason, you were about 12 million over the cap.

If the Cavs can't get Lebron to re-up. I can see them trading to get some1 like AI23 from the sixers.

prodigy
03-29-2010, 04:21 PM

I been to NY a few times. Everytime I go I see jerseys of every player every team. thats the style.

So i think you guys will boo him, But you will still buy his stuff.

prodigy
03-29-2010, 04:26 PM

New Jersey makes cleveland look like palm Springs.

RaysFan
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM
You don't sign anyone. You trade Jamison and Mo for any team that will offer you expiring contracts and a late 1st rounder or better. You then tank for the next 3 years while shedding salary. You try to build a nucleus around 3 picks in the 1-5 range and hope that one of those three years results in you winning the lottery in a year where the is a superstar.

As you build through the draft, you load up on late 1st round picks and 2nd rounders. Many times you can stumble into something good. You do what OKC did by using their cap-space to take on bad contracts just to get late 1st round picks.

Then...3 or 4 years later when you have 3 or 4 high-quality draft picks on your roster...you set yourself up for 1 max or near-max player.

You essentially do what both Portland and OKC did. Portland had 4 high draft picks (Oden, Webster, Roy, and Bayless). They also traded a player for another high draft pick (Aldridge). They also used their cap-space and money to buy 1st round picks that turned into Rudy Fernandez and Nicolas Batum among others. OKC got Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. They also traded a current player for Jeff Green. They then used money and cap-space to get late 1st rounders like Mullens, Maynor, etc.

That is what Cleveland should and probably would try to do. The worst thing in the world would be for Cleveland to think they can still contend with that aging roster.

philab
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
I remember the Gund Arena back in the early 2000's being empty as ****...they're pretty damn fairweather man

That's just not true except for about a 3-4 year period.

With the returning Browns and the Indians playing well, the typically third-fiddle Cavaliers got shorted a bit, thanks in large part to their ****** play.

It's not so much fair-weather, but a relative inability to support three teams in bad economic times.

JLMiles14
03-29-2010, 05:09 PM
I been to NY a few times. Everytime I go I see jerseys of every player every team. thats the style.

So i think you guys will boo him, But you will still buy his stuff.

Who ever said anything about not buying his stuff? This is New York we are talking about here, what do you expect?

prodigy
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
So because fans did not want to spend 100+ dollars and see a team suck they are fair weather fans? Thats dumb. Most bad teams do not come close to selling out arenas. The Knicks don't.

NYK_kidd77
03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
So because fans did not want to spend 100+ dollars and see a team suck they are fair weather fans? Thats dumb. Most bad teams do not come close to selling out arenas. The Knicks don't.

True but we do have alot of fans there every night and we suck.

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-30-2010, 02:14 PM

Thanx, I love you too.

All you did was name a bunch of places he'd like to play in less than NY.

thanx

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Clam down man, Its just people being ignorant like alway. They bash Cleveland and I bet they never been there. People think that the entire city of Cleveland is horrible. Ohio has some of the best suburbs in the country and thats a fact. Most of them are right around Cleveland.

BTW- I'd play in hell for 15million.

Its not about someone else wanting to play in cleveland, but HIM wanting to play in Cleveland (anymore).

I'm not saying the whole city is garbaage, but If the first selling point you're telling me is that the "suburbs are nice" then you've made my point for me.

I don't play basketball professionally, but I'll tell you this...I've been to Cleveland, the city was dead @ 5:30pm. I did enjoy the 25 cent beer night at some ok bar, I dug the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, chicks were Aiiiite, but I'll take a nice suburban crib in Sleepy Hollow NY along the Hudson River, 25 mins from NYC, 10 min's from the Knicks practice facility.

But you're right, some1 will play there.

aNYer
03-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Actually the Knicks have been selling out the last month or so straight dispite sucking, and as other have pointed out our attendance is not bad even after the last decade.

Back to the OP. Its hard to answer with out sounding like I am bashing them but Lebron couldn't talk a player into going to Cleveland and they will struggle to do so with out him. If the cap is low enough they would have less then the MLE to try and draw a player. On top of that, you don't get the MLE for going over the cap, you would have to renounce it to use the money, meaning they wouldn't get it after signing a player. There only hope at keeping Shaq is if they only retain him instead of adding another player.
Things would not be good for that 1st season at the very least. And if they don't keep Shaq they have no centers.

MagicDojo
03-30-2010, 04:55 PM
This thread should be titled...After Lebron leaves Clevland.

nuggetsyankees
03-30-2010, 05:08 PM
they wait a year and hope Melo becomes a FA

joe j.09
03-30-2010, 05:22 PM
if lebron leaves, cleveland is a lottery team, and no one goes there besides maybe boozer lolol who ***$ed them over a few years ago.

prodigy
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm not saying the whole city is garbage, but If the first selling point you're telling me is that the "suburbs are nice" then you've made my point for me.

Who wants to live right in the middle of a city lol. The subs are just 5mins away from the practice facility. Point is, you don't have to live in the bad areas. Ny is full of crap holes, so is Fl, CA, Chicago etc.... Its pretty rude and disgusting on your part to just pick out Cleveland.

I don't play basketball professionally, but I'll tell you this...I've been to Cleveland, the city was dead @ 5:30pm.

Clearly you never been to the flats.

Quite? So the sports players won't get charged with rape or shoot themselfs? AHHHHHHH well thats no fun.

I did enjoy the 25 cent beer night at some ok bar, I dug the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, chicks were Aiiiite, but I'll take a nice suburban crib in Sleepy Hollow NY along the Hudson River, 25 mins from NYC, 10 min's from the Knicks practice facility.

I got 20 grand that says you live in your moms house.

NY is not for everyone. Celebs and Athletes seem to get in trouble daily there. Drugs everywhere. Horrible traffic. Press stalking you, just lots of nonsense.

Lebrons home life is very peaceful. he can leave him home without anyone throwing cameras in his face. Then he can always jump on a plane and Visit NY or anywhere else he wants. He's not restricted to just Ohio. He has enough money to do whatever he wants, while playing in Ceveland.

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Failed attempt at being funny.

why?? Because you guys hate LeBron too much?