PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley: destined for mediocrity?

Pages : [1] 2

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Others guys drafted in the top 10 that year include Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Danilo Gallinari, Eric Gordon and Brook Lopez.

Granted, he had to share time with Udonis Haslem and Shawn Marion in his rookie year, but still, the guy pretty much just stands around and waits for touches. Despite his athleticism, he is not a very good defender or an efficient scorer. He loves his 3-point shot (even though it hasn't been falling all year) and he's still got a lot of growing up to do. Not saying that top picks should have it immediately figured out, but I don't think he will ever produce like many of us expected.

Imagine if the Heat had picked up Brook Lopez ?
PG Mario / Wade
SF Marion
C Lopez
SG Wade / Q-Rich
PF Haslem

They would have never needed to bring in washed up Jermaine O

GodsSon
03-28-2010, 04:33 PM
What do you mean? He's going to be better than Chris Bosh according to many Heat fans lol

prash
03-28-2010, 04:34 PM
inferiority is more like it.

Iodine
03-28-2010, 04:36 PM
He plays with less heart than a person under cardiac arrest

prash
03-28-2010, 04:39 PM
does he even have a pulse?

asandhu23
03-28-2010, 04:39 PM
No, this thread is.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 04:43 PM
nope. He appears he will be a forward who signs a big deal from hollow stats in the mold of Deng for example. Too bad really, the kid has so much talent, but his label coming out of college was Derrick Coleman, and he is so far sticking to it. But the kid is 21, still plenty of time to live up to his potential. If he does, he is a better version of the Big Dog

Ovratd1up
03-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Mario/Wade/Rich/Marion/Lopez, with Haslem coming off the bench, would be pretty beastly.

Iodine
03-28-2010, 04:47 PM
nope. He appears he will be a forward who signs a big deal from hollow stats in the mold of Deng for example.

Wow that is the perfect example

Ovratd1up
03-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Deng is a stat stuffer but has no real impact on the game. Right. You couldn't just have used Z-Bo?

magichatnumber9
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
This guys draft profile was off the charts. I don't know what the future holds for him, but I think he needs to go to a different team. A new atmosphere with less Miami Vices.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Deng is a stat stuffer but has no real impact on the game. Right. You couldn't just have used Z-Bo?

Rudy Gay? Watch him get a big *** contract this summer for being a 19/7 wing scorer. Seriously. The only players who should get monster money are great point guards and centers, and then anyone who is so awesome on the wings, they deserve it. But 18/7 wings come around every other day, and the Beas projects as this to me right now

mikey03
03-28-2010, 04:52 PM
i cant believe he hasnt been compared to lamar odom already. i even believe theyre both leftys?

kingkenny01
03-28-2010, 04:53 PM
i don't think he is mediore right now 15 points per game is not that bad
but don't worry he will progress he is young still

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 04:54 PM
i cant believe he hasnt been compared to lamar odom already. i even believe theyre both leftys?

Beasley jacks up waaaaaaaaaaaaay more jumpers

Ragun
03-28-2010, 04:55 PM
he has superstar potential IMO but it all depends on his work ethic.

i still think in a few years, he would be the best player from his draft.

Ragun

well he is a better shooter though.

Iodine
Beasley also isnt anywhere close to Lamar in terms of court vision and team game

mikey03
03-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Im not even really talking about the shots they take or whatever, but just that they both are big long athletic guys who could easily dominate anygame that they felt like dominating, but they seem content with mediocrity

momoneyyyy
03-28-2010, 04:59 PM
beasley is going to be a good 2nd or 3rd option like a antwan jamison..

IversonIsKrazy
03-28-2010, 05:03 PM
He is destined for mediocrity imo. I don't think he'll ever live to his potential, imo, in his prime he'll get 18ppg 8rpg on a bad team, and won't last for long. He'll nvr be a 20ppg scorer, and a double digit rebounder, sorry heat fans.

NYtilIdie
03-28-2010, 05:04 PM
He has all the potential in the world, but sometimes he plays like he could care-less about the game.

With his current mentality I don't see him being anything more then a 6th man which is pretty bad for a 2nd overall pick.

abe_froman
03-28-2010, 05:07 PM

i know most believed that,bought into the hype and really hoped he'd be,but i think that ship is already leaving port.

and ready to put him as another example in with the danny manning's,lattiener's,reddick's,fizer's,coleman's, ect. .i.e.:just because you dominate college doesnt mean it'll carry over to the nba!

i still think he'll be a good player/fringe all star for a few seasons,but nothing like what people wanted him to be

dtmagnet
03-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Great potential but bad attitude, he may have had too many people telling him how great he is his entire life.

BALLER71
03-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I hate how Erik Spoelstra uses him. I hope we trade him so he can used correctly and can live to his potential. We're butchering his career.

I will say, however, he has disappointed in terms of rebounding. He stated that he'd rather rebound than score and that getting rebounds are his favorite thing and really that hasn't showed yet.

m26555
03-28-2010, 05:13 PM
The kid is only 21 years old and is in his second year. Give him some time. I still say he will be the best player to come out of that draft.

MrFastBreak
03-28-2010, 05:25 PM
The only good things he's got going for himself are his efforts in finishing at the rim and his mid range game. He's been good defensively too and has certainly improved from his rookie season. But he's been inefficient offensively and him taking up 25% of Miami's possessions has been a waste, not producing many PTS. All Im going to say is that the guy is only in his 2nd year and bigmen take longer to reach their peaks. Just give him time.

OP, it would be helpful if youd let me in on how he's fallen in love with the 3.

Raph12
03-28-2010, 05:33 PM
I think he has a couple of solid 20-5-5 years somewhere in his future.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 05:38 PM
well he is a better shooter though.

Beasley shoots 71% of his attempts with jump shots, and shoots 39%
Lamar shoots 51% of his attempts with jump shots, and shoots 43%

Lamar is a better shooter. Both inside and out

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Im not even really talking about the shots they take or whatever, but just that they both are big long athletic guys who could easily dominate anygame that they felt like dominating, but they seem content with mediocrity

agreed. Like I said, Derrick Coleman, another 6'9" lefty PF who should have taken a crap on the league, yet was a 17/7 player. Just didn't care

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 05:41 PM

Guys like Love, Lopez, Rose, Westbrook, they have already showed massive potential, so Beas has a long ways to go

DLeeicious
03-28-2010, 05:45 PM
total headcase and he will be a total bust unless he can stop being such a headcase.

godolphins
03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
If he stay with Miami he'll have a mediocre career, if he plays for a team like Phoenix then he won't have a mediocre career.

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 05:51 PM
The only good things he's got going for himself are his efforts in finishing at the rim and his mid range game. He's been good defensively too and has certainly improved from his rookie season. But he's been inefficient offensively and him taking up 25% of Miami's possessions has been a waste, not producing many PTS. All Im going to say is that the guy is only in his 2nd year and bigmen take longer to reach their peaks. Just give him time.

OP, it would be helpful if youd let me in on how he's fallen in love with the 3.

1.3 3PA/G

I hate when all power forwards think they're Dirk. Antawn Jamison and Charlie Villanueva both attempt more 3's than they should - and Beasley is more Villanueva than he is Jamison at this point. I love when big guys expand their repertoires, but it should not be "I'm a versatile PF, I should attempt at least one 3 per game, no matter if it's a bad shot"......... Please shut down the 3 poitn attempts and bang inside for points ! Guys like Beasley could be sooo effective playing inside, yet somehow, they're fine just jacking up shots.

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 05:54 PM
If he stay with Miami he'll have a mediocre career, if he plays for a team like Phoenix then he won't have a mediocre career.

So ur saying Beasley is like Tyrus Thomas ? In need of an accelerated, no-defense, go-go pacing system to cover up his flaws and put up great numbers ?

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
LOL AT ALL YOU HATERS.... you guys are just saying the popular thing to say... Since when was 15, and 6 bad for a 21 year old with just 2 years of experience under his belt.

If i remember correctly bosh averaged 16 and 6 his 2nd year, and is now one of the best players in the game.

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Guys like Love, Lopez, Rose, Westbrook, they have already showed massive potential, so Beas has a long ways to go

What in the world has love shown???? The guy is just a hustle player.. hes not even starting for the worst team in the league.

Sadds The Gr8
03-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I think he might. I like Beasley and I think he can still be good but his stupidity off the court and bad work ethic just destroys him.

abe_froman
03-28-2010, 06:11 PM
LOL AT ALL YOU HATERS.... you guys are just saying the popular thing to say... Since when was 15, and 6 bad for a 21 year old with just 2 years of experience under his belt.

If i remember correctly bosh averaged 16 and 6 his 2nd year, and is now one of the best players in the game.
beas:50.9 ts
bosh(2nd year):54.7

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 06:14 PM

I think Beasley will improve a bit still, but I bet on it that he will not have a Chris Bosh-like career. I think he will reach his peak early and be a 17 and 7 guy at best. Which is still acceptable, just not something you'd want from a No.2 overall pick.

Samz
03-28-2010, 06:15 PM

Bosh had a strong work ethic, great reputation for a coachable person, etc.

Beasley is well......do i even have to elaborate? He has had how many drug problems? does he even care when he is on the court? He will not be as good as Bosh. I see him being a lesser lamar odom due to his previous rap sheet.

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Bosh had a strong work ethic, great reputation for a coachable person, etc.

Beasley is well......do i even have to elaborate? He has had how many drug problems? does he even care when he is on the court? He will not be as good as Bosh. I see him being a lesser lamar odom due to his previous rap sheet.

GREAT JOB! you won the award for the most ignorant post i have seen today. Lets talk when you have seen michael beasley play, and when you actually know the person he is.

Your post is so ridiculous that you go as far to say that beasley doesnt care when hes on the court... ur a failure when you talk down to people you dont even know...

$ NyC $
03-28-2010, 06:19 PM
He has the ability to score, but i think he should take a page out of Josh Smiths book and stop taking 3's. Smith not taking 3's has helped his game out and i think Beasley could do the same.

If he was always 100% focused and worked hard he could average 24 8 2 easy. With 1.4 bpg just to look good.

Iodine
03-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Guys guys guys

he used the haters defense he has to be right

$ NyC $
03-28-2010, 06:22 PM
He still has time. I'd give him 2 more years before passing judgment.

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 06:23 PM
What's even worse than being mediocre is him accepting his mediocrity. I think he's happy the way he is. Being paid fat bucks to wear a Heat jersey and just live the life.

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:23 PM
He still has time. I'd give him 2 more years before passing judgment.

completely agree. Thats like when last year people were calling gallo a bust just because he didnt play.

abe_froman
03-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Guys guys guys

he used the haters defense he has to be right

oh right,forgot :facepalm: stupid me

so nevermind

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 06:25 PM
completely agree. Thats like when last year people were calling gallo a bust just because he didnt play.

Gallo = Rashard Lewis 2.0

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
What's even worse than being mediocre is him accepting his mediocrity. I think he's happy the way he is. Being paid fat bucks to wear a Heat jersey and just live the life.

have you seen him play? have you heard his interviews? have you heard what the coaches have to say about him?

lol at all of you believing the media hype. All of the heat coaches have repeatedly said beasley is the most coachable player in the heat squad...

Iodine
03-28-2010, 06:27 PM
I have seen him play about 20 times this year
I have read his interviews (about 4)
I have heard 2 or three coaches interviews

He plays with no heart at all

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I have seen him play about 20 times this year
I have read his interviews (about 4)
I have heard 2 or three coaches interviews

He plays with no heart at all

im done with you...

Samz
03-28-2010, 06:28 PM
GREAT JOB! you won the award for the most ignorant post i have seen today. Lets talk when you have seen michael beasley play, and when you actually know the person he is.

Your post is so ridiculous that you go as far to say that beasley doesnt care when hes on the court... ur a failure when you talk down to people you dont even know...

Ignorant?

Ignorant is saying Beasley is going to have a Bosh-like career. This is the guy that took a picture of himself with weed in the background.... really? And when i say he doesnt care i mean he is in no way consistent nor does he play well.

FYI, in a previous interview, Beasley said he sees himself being as good as Carmelo (quoted from the raps commentators who lol'd too) :facepalm:

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 06:29 PM
have you seen him play? have you heard his interviews? have you heard what the coaches have to say about him?

lol at all of you believing the media hype. All of the heat coaches have repeatedly said beasley is the most coachable player in the heat squad...

I have, it's hard though with him napping for long stretches. Don't get it wrong, I don't hate the dude, I just think he will have a pretty stagnant career without ever reaching the level people thought he'd reach.

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Keep on passing judgement on a 2 year player... you will soon be proved wrong.

Iodine
03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
im done with you...

Im sorry for using logic. Next time ill just tell you your special, tuck you in at night, and let you ******** your way through life. Sorry for not remembering to put talcum powder on your ***

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Ignorant?

Ignorant is saying Beasley is going to have a Bosh-like career. This is the guy that took a picture of himself with weed in the background.... really? And when i say he doesnt care i mean he is in no way consistent nor does he play well.

FYI, in a previous interview, Beasley said he sees himself being as good as Carmelo (quoted from the raps commentators who lol'd too) :facepalm:
people where saying the same things about Bosh in his 2nd year...

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Keep on passing judgement on a 2 year player... you will soon be proved wrong.

I truthfully hope so, but I firmly believe it won't happen.

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Im sorry for using logic. Next time ill just tell you your special, tuck you in at night, and let you ******** your way through life. Sorry for not remembering to put talcum powder on your ***

OH LOGIC! hahaha your cool... your passing judgement on a 21 year old player who has only played for 2 years on PRO sports.

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 06:34 PM
OH LOGIC! hahaha your cool... your passing judgement on a 21 year old player who has only played for 2 years on PRO sports.

He has an opinion, u act like his Beasley's girl. Please stop, I don't want the thread closed :confused:

jackdawson
03-28-2010, 06:35 PM
It's good that he is not being overrated like most of his fellow rookie players. I see him play every game; he is 21 and in two years he will be the best player out of that draft class. Mark my words.

Samz
03-28-2010, 06:36 PM
people where saying the same things about Bosh in his 2nd year...

I don't remember remember anyone saying anything like that about Bosh.

Bosh did not have numerous negative encounters with the law and media like Beasley.

Bosh did not take nights off. May have not been consistent, but at least he left it all out there.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate beasley but when i look at this kid and his facial expressions and the things he does and says . . . can't help but think he is a lesser version of lamar odom.

$ NyC $
03-28-2010, 06:36 PM
He has all the potential in the world, but right now he doesn't seem that locked-in. Doesn't mean that he isn't coach-able or his a druggie, just right now it doesn't seem like he's playing with all his heart.

I do hope to see a nice improvement next year though, i think this will be a big summer for Beasley and he has the potential to turn some heads next year.

camador22
03-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Others guys drafted in the top 10 that year include Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Danilo Gallinari, Eric Gordon and Brook Lopez.

Granted, he had to share time with Udonis Haslem and Shawn Marion in his rookie year, but still, the guy pretty much just stands around and waits for touches. Despite his athleticism, he is not a very good defender or an efficient scorer. He loves his 3-point shot (even though it hasn't been falling all year) and he's still got a lot of growing up to do. Not saying that top picks should have it immediately figured out, but I don't think he will ever produce like many of us expected.

Imagine if the Heat had picked up Brook Lopez ?
PG Mario / Wade
SF Marion
C Lopez
SG Wade / Q-Rich
PF Haslem

They would have never needed to bring in washed up Jermaine O

I personally think he's better then Gordon, Gallinari, and Love and I think Rose, Mayo and Lopez are only slightly better. They all seem to lack defence IMO but we need to keep in mind he's only 21 and he's been second and even third option in Miami. Rose, Mayo and Westbrook seem to always have the ball in there hands. Roseand Lopez are good but they're not good enough to help they're teams have a winning record so lets not overrate them. Beasley on the Bulls averages 20 points a game easily. In the next couple years you'll see a much more polished Beasley.

Iodine

And 1 year of college........
Oh and thanks for telling me im cool. Usually people skip to calling me an *** but being passive makes you seem like your that much smarter

heatking
I don't remember remember anyone saying anything like that about Bosh.

Bosh did not have numerous negative encounters with the law and media like Beasley.

Bosh did not take nights off. May have not been consistent, but at least he left it all out there.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate beasley but when i look at this kid and his facial expressions and the things he does and says . . . can't help but think he is a lesser version of lamar odom.

wow... you just manage to amaze me... Beasley has never been arrested in his life, hes never hurt anyone in his life, but you act like hes a criminal...

Hes taking nights off? are you a heat fan? do u see him play everyday? hes never taken a night off... sometimes his shot isnt falling, but thats not taking nights off.

Keep on trying to bring a 21 year old kid down... it will soon punch you in your mouth.

Samz
03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
wow... you just manage to amaze me... Beasley has never been arrested in his life, hes never hurt anyone in his life, but you act like hes a criminal...

Hes taking nights off? are you a heat fan? do u see him play everyday? hes never taken a night off... sometimes his shot isnt falling, but thats not taking nights off.

Keep on trying to bring a 21 year old kid down... it will soon punch you in your mouth.

LOL k

Beasley is justa guy who took a picture of himself w/ weed in the background (which shows his IQ).

Hes also a guy who sees himself being a Carmelo in a year or two (actually said this in an interview) :facepalm:

You can tell a lot about people with how they interact with the media and how they act off court. People like Bosh who developed well don't have any legal issues, negative body language whenever hes on the court, etc. Although people who act like Beasley don't do so well a la Marbury.

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
He has an opinion, u act like his Beasley's girl. Please stop, I don't want the thread closed :confused:

use proper grammar, and than we can talk. For now i cant understand what you are saying.

DitchDat
I personally think he's better then Gordon, Gallinari, and Love and I think Rose, Mayo and Lopez are only slightly better. They all seem to lack defence IMO but we need to keep in mind he's only 21 and he's been second and even third option in Miami. Rose, Mayo and Westbrook seem to always have the ball in there hands. Roseand Lopez are good but they're not good enough to help they're teams have a winning record so lets not overrate them. Beasley on the Bulls averages 20 points a game easily. In the next couple years you'll see a much more polished Beasley.

Yeah I don't think so, I like Taj Gibson more than I like Beasley. Gibson understands his role - defense and rebounding - and goes all-out trying to do his job. Beasley may be more talented, but he appears to not be interested. Hard work > raw potential

Iodine
not only are you a homer, your ignorant to
http://www.shamsports.com/content/character/michaelbeasley.htm

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 06:52 PM
use proper grammar, and than we can talk. For now i cant understand what you are saying.

Ah you're one of them.

footballer2369
03-28-2010, 06:54 PM
beas:50.9 ts
bosh(2nd year):54.7

What is this showing? That Beasley is right now more of a jumpshooter than Bosh was at the same age and thus has a slightly worse TS%? Was that your point? I'm missing the importance...

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:55 PM
LOL k

Beasley is justa guy who took a picture of himself w/ weed in the background (which shows his IQ).

Hes also a guy who sees himself being a Carmelo in a year or two (actually said this in an interview) :facepalm:

You can tell a lot about people with how they interact with the media and how they act off court. People like Bosh who developed well don't have any legal issues, negative body language whenever hes on the court, etc. Although people who act like Beasley don't do so well a la Marbury.

whats wrong with trying to be carmelo. If im correct beasley had arguably the best single season ever for a freshman.

Once again here comes your "he doesnt try" excuse... show me a video where michael beasley is not trying, or show me an article where it says beasley doesnt try...

Keep on trying coach... cause you sure have failed so far.

Dol-Fan
03-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Watching Beasley tonight...dude just jacks up jumper after jumper, always hitting back rim.

Iodine
03-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh wait that doesnt involve the awesome rehab stint ftrsports.com/2009/09/michael-beasley-rehab-update/

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:57 PM

When you learn to read, than we can talk. Because i cant find where it says he has been arrested.

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 06:58 PM
whats wrong with trying to be carmelo. If im correct beasley had arguably the best single season ever for a freshman.

Once again here comes your "he doesnt try" excuse... show me a video where michael beasley is not trying, or show me an article where it says beasley doesnt try...

Beasley is invisible on the court a lot of times don't act like you don't know that . And if we show you a video, you're one of those guys that will say "Yeah, but this one time doesn't prove anything" and then you'll go balls-out to come up with some kind of context to make up for Beasley.

Miltown34
03-28-2010, 06:58 PM
He won't be that good, age does mean something in terms of potential but most guys that turn really good make big strides there next year. He'll be a solid starter in his prime. I Don't see him getting too much better.

heatking
03-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh wait that doesnt involve the awesome rehab stint ftrsports.com/2009/09/michael-beasley-rehab-update/

Are you living so far up your ignorant *** that you dont know what an ARREST is?

heatking
03-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Beasley is invisible on the court a lot of times don't act like you don't know that . And if we show you a video, you're one of those guys that will say "Yeah, but this one time doesn't prove anything" and then you'll go balls-out to come up with some kind of context to make up for Beasley.

Oh yeah nice excuse... cant find any info buddy?

footballer2369

:facepalm:

try reading again...He has never been arrested. The author is describing his approach and not refering to Beasley...

Terrible.

And 1 year of college........
Oh and thanks for telling me im cool. Usually people skip to calling me an *** but being passive makes you seem like your that much smarter

And he had one of the best college seasons ever..

Please don't try to respond, I've seen your other posts and they're all obvious attempts at passive-agressive elitist sarcasm- not really something I'm interested in seeing more of.

Samz

Im watching Beasley play RIGHT NOW vs the raptors and he looks like he is not trying. Ive seen plays this game where he is the last person up the court.... hell even reggie evans is getting up the court faster than him. He is also taken stupid shots (aka his first shot which was fading which was a offensive foul that he pushed off o btw) and a lot of jump shots. Look at his body language on the court plz. Hes waitin for the ball and is stagnant.

Miltown34
03-28-2010, 07:01 PM
When you learn to read, than we can talk. Because i cant find where it says he has been arrested.

Heat king is murdering anybody in Beasley's way ...it's cool man, take a break, enjoy life, have some fun lol

Samz
03-28-2010, 07:02 PM
:facepalm:

try reading again...He has never been arrested. The author is describing his approach and not refering to Beasley...

Terrible.

And he had one of the best college seasons ever..

Please don't try to respond, I've seen your other posts and they're all obvious attempts at passive-agressive elitist sarcasm- not really something I'm interested in seeing more of.

Ok im not a beasley fan so i dont know but although he has not been ARRESTED, you can see from his off court issues that he is a immature juvenile. If you deny he is an immature juvenile, then you are just being a ignorant homer sir.

DitchDat
03-28-2010, 07:02 PM
^^^try telling that to Heatking

he has a mancrush on Beasley

Iodine
03-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Lol im elitist now?

Sorry for not sucking the immortal **** of Michael Beasley

Robbw241
03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
mmm Thanks Miami and everyone else for passing on Brook Lopez.

Robbw241
03-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Lol im elitist now?

BUT DUDE HE AVERAGES 15 AND 6!!!!!!! Uz Crazy

homestarunner93
03-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Lol im elitist now?

Beasley is a 16 seed in PSD March Madness OMGHERAWKS!111!!11!!!!11!!oner!1!1!!!1!

Jason5Kidd5
03-28-2010, 08:45 PM

Which you do NOT remember correctly. It's closer to 17 points and 9 rebounds...

$ NyC $
03-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Wow, Beasley's line was Horrible tonight.

$ NyC $
03-28-2010, 08:48 PM
2 points on 1-10 shooting. 3 rebounds 4 TOs and a foul in 18 minutes.

ldc62
03-28-2010, 08:50 PM
He was pretty good in college, but hes just a scorer right now.

akagiredsuns
03-28-2010, 09:03 PM
What do you mean? He's going to be better than Chris Bosh according to many Heat fans lol

i know u were being sarcastic when u said that LOL but whoever thinks that Beasley can ever be better than Bosh? i just got one thing to say :facepalm:

akagiredsuns
03-28-2010, 09:04 PM
He plays with less heart than a person under cardiac arrest

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mr_relevant
03-28-2010, 09:06 PM
I can see him averaging 22/10 on a bad team, like Stephon did in the early 00's for the Nets

dwadefan03
03-28-2010, 09:08 PM
i have yet to here one educated answer on this topic (well maybe a couple) first off, if anyone thinks michael beasley has a bad work ethic they are terribly wrong. the guy is in the gym after hours all the time, he stays late, the coaching staff says that hes always working hard in practice, the announcers at the games always say that hes the first to arrive to the games to get extra shots up. i dont see how that translates into poor work ethic. second of all yes the other players in the draft have shown more potential than him but how many of them play with another superstar. other than russell westbrook....the answer is none of them. Derrick rose can basically do whatever he wants cuz hes a god in chicago, brook lopez was on a team that was in contention for the worst record in league history and kevin love is more of a solid second tier guy than an allstar to me. Yea, i like everyone else am dissappointed with beas production this year but it has nothing to do with lack of effort or becasue of "off-court issues" itspretty hard to play with a superstar, let alone one of the best players in the league

give him some time. and like somebody before me said....theres nothing wrong with 15 and 6 as a sophmore

akagiredsuns
03-28-2010, 09:12 PM
He is destined for mediocrity imo. I don't think he'll ever live to his potential, imo, in his prime he'll get 18ppg 8rpg on a bad team, and won't last for long. He'll nvr be a 20ppg scorer, and a double digit rebounder, sorry heat fans.

thanks for that iverson. it is because of those words why im glad that the bulls took rose instead of beasley. while the bulls will probably miss the playoffs. rose is someone with some upside and got some solid playoff experience in that memorable 7 game series with boston. he hasnt even hit the ceiling yet and already look at what hes done. plus he got a 40" vertical and could dunk it hard.

Draco
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
...second of all yes the other players in the draft have shown more potential than him but how many of them play with another superstar. other than russell westbrook....the answer is none of them...

How many examples do you need? It's not like Beasley is playing behind someone way better than he is at his position. There's not a lot going on for the Heat other than DWade so there should be plenty of opportunities for Beasley to make his mark. Wade said one of Beasley's issues is playing inconsistently. How does playing with DWade inhibit Beasley from being consistent?

drobe86
03-28-2010, 09:26 PM
I really tried to like Mike Beasley. He looks like a little bit more than a guy in the NBA. He'll never be a star. But, 15 ppg and 6 reb for his career won't be bad numbers....

MJ-BULLS
03-28-2010, 09:31 PM
All i can say is that he had a terrible night tonight.

Derick713
03-28-2010, 09:38 PM
He's not someone I would build a championship team around. He's got an elite player next to him in D-Wade. He's got a great mentor in Udonis Haslem. He's got a shot blocking center playing next to him in Jermaine O'Neal.

Beasley says the right things and yet his game has translated into the Heat reaching new heights. The Heat has made quite a few bad draft picks since getting Wade back in 2003. The Heat has drafted an impact player since Wade back in 2003.

Derick713
03-28-2010, 09:43 PM
The Heat made a huge mistake drafting Beasley. I would rank Kevin Love, Jason Thompson, Danilo Gallanari, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, JJ Hickson, Anthony Randolph, Serge Ibaka, Roy Hibbert, Marreese Speights, and Ryan Anderson adhead of Beasley in terms of impact and NBA Potential.

heatking
03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Which you do NOT remember correctly. It's closer to 17 points and 9 rebounds...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_bosh/career_stats.html :facepalm:

heatking
03-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Ok im not a beasley fan so i dont know but although he has not been ARRESTED, you can see from his off court issues that he is a immature juvenile. If you deny he is an immature juvenile, then you are just being a ignorant homer sir.

HAHA let me tell you this sir... your an idiot. Since when are 20 year olds supposed to be mature. Oh poor guy you got your piece of **** argument destroyed, and now your going to go out with the immature and juvenile argument.

Well let me tell you what, King james is immature and juvenile with all of his little dancing, KG is immature and juvenile with his oncourt antics, Kobe supposedly raped a girl when he was younger, so he was also immature and juvenile. But guess what they are considered some of the best in the game.

Draco
03-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Since when are 20 year olds supposed to be mature.

When they're given a multi-million dollar contract for doing what's expected of them (whatever that means to Heat) rather than make excuses about another player making it difficult for them to play 'freely'.

Draco
03-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Michael Beasley: destined for mediocrity?

Simple answer.. yeah, he's destined for mediocrity if he doesn't take the game/opportunity more seriously. By that, I mean taking responsibility for the shortcomings in his game rather than complain to the media. I have no problem acknowledging players who have taken several years to develop their game and become a star but they aren't the ones smokin' and jokin' and making excuses.

J$mo0th_3o5
03-28-2010, 10:18 PM
I hate how Erik Spoelstra uses him. I hope we trade him so he can used correctly and can live to his potential. We're butchering his career.

I will say, however, he has disappointed in terms of rebounding. He stated that he'd rather rebound than score and that getting rebounds are his favorite thing and really that hasn't showed yet.

This..... People gotta get off his case

Samz
03-28-2010, 10:43 PM
HAHA let me tell you this sir... your an idiot. Since when are 20 year olds supposed to be mature. Oh poor guy you got your piece of **** argument destroyed, and now your going to go out with the immature and juvenile argument.

Well let me tell you what, King james is immature and juvenile with all of his little dancing, KG is immature and juvenile with his oncourt antics, Kobe supposedly raped a girl when he was younger, so he was also immature and juvenile. But guess what they are considered some of the best in the game.

lol my argument still stands. Look at what he did tonight in JUST 18 minutes.

2 points (1-10), 3 rebounds, 4 TO. LET ME ADD that 8 of the 10 shots were jumpers.

To put this into perspective, you compared the work ethic of Beasley to LBJ, KG, and Kobe. Please tell me if any of those players ever had a night liek tonight.

The game today proved Beasley is a scrub and will be a lesser version of lamar odom.

footballer2369
03-28-2010, 10:57 PM
^Just this year. Kobe:
Feb 03 vs. CHA W 99 - 97 37 2 - 12 1 - 5 0 - 2 0 2 2 6 2 0 0 4 5
Feb 28 vs. DEN W 95 - 89 43 3 - 17 0 - 2 8 - 8 1 4 5 12 3 2 5 1 14

KG:
31 0 - 7 0 - 0 8 - 10 0 10 10 3 1 0 4 0 8
23 1 - 7 0 - 0 1 - 4 0 6 6 2 0 0 5 2 3

LBJ:
Is really not prone to those kinds of games, but Beasley obviously isn't Lebron and will never be Lebron.

And :laugh: at you "put"ting "this into perspective" then saying that one game today "proves Beasley is a scrub and will be a lesser version of lamar odom."

You're a genius.

td0tsfinest
03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I just don't see the drive in Beasley. He can be a good player in this league but at times it seems like he takes off plays and just doesn't put the overall effort into it.

Westbrook36
03-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Bad attitude and a bad work ethic have been his biggest problems. He still has time to become a great player, but he seems to not care about being one.

Let's hope that Cousins doesn't do the same thing..

poleandreel
03-28-2010, 11:22 PM
chris bosh's 2nd season wasnt that great either. 16.8 and 8.9. and he was their main guy. he also got more rebounds bc he was their main rebounder as well. Wade demands alot of touches and jermain o neal gets most of the boards. and bosh was a 4th overall pick. beasley is more atheltic and has a better jumper. he will get fine...just give him more than one year before you start bashing him.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 11:24 PM
What in the world has love shown???? The guy is just a hustle player.. hes not even starting for the worst team in the league.

he has shown complete dominance in rebounding, and his efficiency rating is top 14 in the NBA. It doesn't matter if he comes off the bench for a confused team trying to build. The Wolves would not trade Love for Beasley. The Heat would trade Beasley for Love.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Love had 23/22 tonight btw. Just saying

Sadds The Gr8
03-28-2010, 11:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_bosh/career_stats.html :facepalm:

It is closer to 17 and 9 than 16 and 6....you're looking at def rebs lmao....you failed.

HiphopRelated
03-29-2010, 12:23 AM
he has shown complete dominance in rebounding, and his efficiency rating is top 14 in the NBA. It doesn't matter if he comes off the bench for a confused team trying to build. The Wolves would not trade Love for Beasley. The Heat would trade Beasley for Love.
No the Heat would not

This is getting ridiculous.

and Brook Lopez is on one of the worst teams in history. He's playing 20 minutes of garbage time a night.

SwaggaIke
03-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Its funny how everyone in the Heat organization speaks highly of Michael's work ethic, yet everyone in this thread seems to say he doesn't work. Should every player figure it out in year 2? What a lot of you are forgetting is Mike is a 3rd scoring option at this point. Lopez gets fed (and loses), Westbrook always has the ball as a PG, Mayo is in a free flowing offense (and loses), Rose is a number 1 on a team w/ no other proven NBA scorer. Mike will be fine once he improves his off the ball game. He is thin skinned and that is a big part of his problem. Once he gets over that he'll be fine.

effen5
03-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Taj gibson > beasley. Flame me heat fans

DitchDat
03-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Taj gibson > beasley. Flame me heat fans

co-sign. Taj Gibson understands his role and plays hard. For Beasley, it's almost like getting to the NBA was his end goal. He's here, so he's fine.

IndyRealist
03-29-2010, 09:52 AM

Use proper grammar, and then we can talk. For now I can't understand what you are saying.

If you're going to call someone out on grammar, you should at least make sure you're using English.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 11:44 AM
No the Heat would not

and Brook Lopez is on one of the worst teams in history. He's playing 20 minutes of garbage time a night.

Yes the Heat would. They would trade Beasley for Love right now. Its not Love's fault that Al Jefferson is ahead of him, and the Wolves almost appear to be showcasing him to trade him.
His numbers are still that of a top 15 player efficiency wise, and he is an elite rebounder, and plays hard with a great attitude. Sorry, he has had a better NBA career then Beasley, and regardless of whether or not Beas has more talent physically, he hasn't shown the drive at all.
Love is a better player right now, plain and simple.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Its funny how everyone in the Heat organization speaks highly of Michael's work ethic, yet everyone in this thread seems to say he doesn't work. Should every player figure it out in year 2? What a lot of you are forgetting is Mike is a 3rd scoring option at this point. Lopez gets fed (and loses), Westbrook always has the ball as a PG, Mayo is in a free flowing offense (and loses), Rose is a number 1 on a team w/ no other proven NBA scorer. Mike will be fine once he improves his off the ball game. He is thin skinned and that is a big part of his problem. Once he gets over that he'll be fine.

yeah, cause if I were thinking about trading him possibly, I would tell everyone he is lazy...

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Look, Heat fans, I can only speak for myself. I am not blasting Beasley. This was a "sure thing" coming out of college that had a season better than Kevin Durant did as a frosh. But even as KSU, you could tell at times he just looked disinterested. It has been on his scouting report since he was 16. At times, he doesn't appear to even be in the game. Now, all that being said, he was drafted to a team that because of injury and tanking, got into the lottery, and got him. Usually the #2 pick doesn't go to a team with Wade. So he wasn't going to get the Rose or Mayo treatment, with tons of minutes and shots. But the guy is not a good shooter, yet he shoots a ton of jumpers, he doesn't appear to play hard unless he is playing well, and has already had off court issues.
The only saving grace is he is 21, and still could be a dominant player down the road. I frankly think the Heat will/should trade him. They can still get a good deal in return, and maybe moving away from the Miami area would help curb his vices he has already fallen into.
The kid could be great. But he is following a risky career path along the lines of those who had great talent, and were simply a good NBA player.

Heater4life
03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
As a Heat fan, beasley needs much to improve.

A) Needs to be more aggressive, settles for way too may jumpers

B) the open jumpers he does get he misses, he needs to hit money shots.

C) needs to finish in the lane, when he finally does drive its a crazy shot.

D) doesnt crash the boards, he seems disintrested.

Essentially, he needs improvement all across. but talent is there no doubt.

footballer2369
03-29-2010, 12:20 PM
So many things wrong with the post, Hawkeye, and it appears, like the rest of his detractors, you've maybe watched 2-3 games in his NBA career. He has one of the silkiest and purest midrange jumpers in the game...it's not falling and it's 100% mental.

As far as his work ethic, Beasley is the king. From his 6 hr/ a day training sessions this summer, to his midnight private shooting sessions after lousy games, the kid works as hard as anyone in the league. His problem lies in his body language and mental toughness. He looks like he skates, but that's just his look. He's smooth and he makes it look easy. I've been the same way my entire life and it has gotten me a terrible rep. I worked as hard as anybody, but due to my body language and facial expressions, people thought I was lazy and didn't care. It's a common misconception.

The kid has grown hugely this year. He's brought into a system to be a complimentary player. He's purely one of the most gifted scorers in the league w/ fantastic athleticism, a silky j, huge paws, and a certain craftiness around the rim...

He has a long way to go. He MUST become more agressive attacking the rim. He must focus on rebounding. He must continue to improve defensively. He must improve his toughness physically and mentally. But as far as talent, desire and skills, the kid is second to very few...

What people continue to disregard is that no other rookie plays with a Wade, no other rookie plays for such a veteran team, and no other rookie plays for a team w/ such a slow pace and emphasis on defense. This summer in stead of working on his skillset and bulk and paint moves, they had him expanding his game, working on his ball handling and perimeter defense...In due time he will be one of the best, most versatile scorers in the mold of a james worthy, carmelo anthony type, trust.

The bust talk is just insane. He's already well above league average and he's 21 in a bad situation for immediate statistical dominance. Take your Brook Lopez and his 7 wins as the main guy. Take your backup big man on the 2nd worst team in the league in Kevin Love. Take your Derrick Rose and his no-defense, non-winning ways. But look past the surface, read what the posters are saying and realize the kid is not a bust, he's not lazy and he's as gifted as it gets. He will breakout into elite status sooner rather than later, and the ignorant detractors will be laughed at.

Heater4life
03-29-2010, 12:35 PM
As far as Beasley being elite he has the skill set. No doubt about it. But theres still a bunch of question marks with his game, regardless if its mental or physically on court.

One thing thats been bothering me about him lately is his hesitation. Footballer im sure youve seen it a million times. He gets an iso on the wing, no screens, no other offensive rotation, and he gives a subtle jab step for 8 seconds of the shot clock without making or setting a move. Thus, he has to force up a jumper or a shot hes not comfortable with because hes playing against the clock. Those are the little things he needs to improve on.

I personally dont believe he is going to be elite. I think he'll be a very good role player, able to light it up on occasion. In the mold of a Glenn Robinson with the Bucks. Not Elite but a very good player none the less.

dolfan720
03-29-2010, 12:39 PM

haha i have to hear it all the time!

roshan3ai
03-29-2010, 12:49 PM
There's no way that he'll be the best player in that draft class. He plays with no heart, is a medicre rebounder, and a bad defender.

The 2008 draft class didn't have any "stars" persay, but they did have a lot of potential 2-4 options:

Eric Gordon
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Brook Lopez
OJ Mayo
Danilo Gallinari
Kevin Love

Beasely, if he continues down this path, will have a hard time to surpass most of these guys

jimbobjarree
03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Al Harrington II

Chronz
03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Why do people think Wade is holding him back? The Heat are starved for offense, if Wade is holding him back then hes truly doomed. Brook Lopez would be dominating with Wade, K Love too.

No the Heat would not

Incorrect

I think he has a couple of solid 20-5-5 years somewhere in his future.
Youve been going crazy the last few weeks, 20-5-5? Why is he going to become a worse rebounder? What makes you think his playmaking will reach those levels? Hes more of a Glenn Dog or Shareef type tweener to me. Those are swingmen type #'s. Thats not really Beas game.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Al Harrington II

Yea thats what I was thinking too. Alot of people saw star potential in him too for some reason.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Chronz;12733662]Why do people think Wade is holding him back? The Heat are starved for offense, if Wade is holding him back then hes truly doomed. Brook Lopez would be dominating with Wade, K Love too.

I think what many are trying to say is, if he were the best player on a crappy team, he would get more minutes, ie, more per game numbers. Obviously, his efficiency would probably suffer even more, but if he were on the Nets for example, or any team that force fed him 39 mpg, sure, he would be a 19/8 player with terrible efficiency.
Derrick Coleman all over him. Hope the kid turns it around though. He may want to actually attack the rim, seeing as he is a terrible outside shooter, and continues to jack up outside shots.

HiphopRelated
03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Why do people think Wade is holding him back? The Heat are starved for offense, if Wade is holding him back then hes truly doomed. Brook Lopez would be dominating with Wade, K Love too.

Incorrect

Youve been going crazy the last few weeks, 20-5-5? Why is he going to become a worse rebounder? What makes you think his playmaking will reach those levels? Hes more of a Glenn Dog or Shareef type tweener to me. Those are swingmen type #'s. Thats not really Beas game.
K Love is a fatass that rebounds, can't spell defense and offense revolves around putbacks and spot up jumpers. You're not convincing anyone that Love consistently creates his own offense.

I've watched way more Nets games than I should. Brook Lopez is the equivalent of Blatche. He's producing because there really are no better options...somebody has to shoot at the end of a possession. Douglas Roberts was avg. 16+ ppg at one point this season. He's obviously as good as Mayo.

These guys are on teams COMBINED for just over 20 wins and they're better than the guy who's the number 2 scorer on a playoff squad for the 2nd year in a row? Not buying it.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 02:15 PM
K Love is a fatass that rebounds, can't spell defense and offense revolves around putbacks and spot up jumpers. You're not convincing anyone that Love consistently creates his own offense.

I've watched way more Nets games than I should. Brook Lopez is the equivalent of Blatche. He's producing because there really are no better options...somebody has to shoot at the end of a possession. Douglas Roberts was avg. 16+ ppg at one point this season. He's obviously as good as Mayo.

These guys are on teams COMBINED for just over 20 wins and they're better than the guy who's the number 2 scorer on a playoff squad for the 2nd year in a row? Not buying it.

I think if any of these teams had Wade, they may have a couple more wins. What do you think?
And per 36 minutes, Love destroys Beasley at pretty much everything. He has 3 point range, his rebounding is of the elite, elite level, he is a great passer, and Beasley has barely a better defensive rating, of which can be contributed to Minnesota being so horrific defensively, Love's rating suffers.
There is no way, and I mean none, that the Wolves would trade Love for Beasley.
Look, its pretty simple. Regardless of how you shake it out, the following sophomore's have had better careers to date.

Rose
Mayo
Love
Westbrook
Lopez

all of them have played better than Beasley. And the point of this thread is not a Beas bash. Its a question, on whether or not this kid will turn his attitude around. Harrington, Coleman, Tim Thomas, there are a number of examples of players who never fulfilled their potential due to them just not caring. Beasley is showing signs of this.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 02:59 PM
He doesnt need to create his own offense to be a better player. The fact that he could get his #'s without being ball dominant is a valuable trait. Being able to produce your own offense is only valuable if you can do so effectively.

Blatche is alot more comparable to Beasley, but neither one is on Brooks level. I know you think that, but PROVE IT. Someone has to shoot, but it takes TALENT to finish the play. The Nets werent so bad last year and he was better than Beas then too, now that VC is gone the defense has keyed on him and hes responded with even greater efficiency. 16PPG? THATS IT? Thats your analysis, its no wonder your so confused.

LOL thats because you lack the ability to accurately assess a players ability.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 03:05 PM
I think what many are trying to say is, if he were the best player on a crappy team, he would get more minutes, ie, more per game numbers. Obviously, his efficiency would probably suffer even more, but if he were on the Nets for example, or any team that force fed him 39 mpg, sure, he would be a 19/8 player with terrible efficiency.
Derrick Coleman all over him. Hope the kid turns it around though. He may want to actually attack the rim, seeing as he is a terrible outside shooter, and continues to jack up outside shots.
Not getting the point of saying this, it holds true for any player in the game. If I were to put Flip Murray on a team where hes the best player he could put up huge per game averages as well, what matters is how effective you are in your role. You have to analyze how efficient a player is, and if hes already as inefficient as Beasley is, then giving him even more responsibility and attention from the defense isnt going to help his game or his #'s.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Not getting the point of saying this, it holds true for any player in the game. If I were to put Flip Murray on a team where hes the best player he could put up huge per game averages as well, what matters is how effective you are in your role. You have to analyze how efficient a player is, and if hes already as inefficient as Beasley is, then giving him even more responsibility and attention from the defense isnt going to help his game or his #'s.

that's pretty much exactly what I am saying. Sticking him on a team that force feeds him minutes and shots will get his per game numbers up out of volume, but it won't help his actual numbers or overall game in the least bit

HiphopRelated
03-29-2010, 04:12 PM
So what is the argument based on then?

If you're going to accept that Beasley could be a 19-20 ppg scorer on a team where his role or minutes wouldn't be jerked around, what is the point of comparing him to players IN that situation?

Saying Beasley should be better is one thing. Claiming a bunch of players who are on teams going nowhere fast and are able to play through mistakes/slumps doesn't make sense.

abe_froman
03-29-2010, 04:20 PM

If you're going to accept that Beasley could be a 19-20 ppg scorer on a team where his role or minutes wouldn't be jerked around, what is the point of comparing him to players IN that situation?

Saying Beasley should be better is one thing. Claiming a bunch of players who are on teams going nowhere fast and are able to play through mistakes/slumps doesn't make sense.

efficiency.any player can jack up shots to hit 20 per game,thats nothing special.what matters is how you get them..at what clip

and yes he's on a winning team,now is that because of him or because of other players on his team(ie wade),do you honestly believe that the heat would have the record they do without him? that say you put wade on nj that they'd still be as bad?

HiphopRelated
03-29-2010, 04:32 PM
I say that Beasley is an important reason why the Heat have the record they do, because several times, especially earlier in the season, he carried the team for extended stretches during games. Since post ASB, that secondary role has been carried on by JO.

He's a guy defenses have to account for. Nobody is game planning for Kevin Love beyond "keep him off the boards". And where is his(Love's) efficiency anyway, when a garbage man scorer is shooting 45%?

I just can't watch guys rack up stats in dozens of non competitive games playing 38 mins and use that as a measure of quality.

DitchDat
03-29-2010, 04:37 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470061

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
nope. He appears he will be a forward who signs a big deal from hollow stats in the mold of Deng for example. Too bad really, the kid has so much talent, but his label coming out of college was Derrick Coleman, and he is so far sticking to it. But the kid is 21, still plenty of time to live up to his potential. If he does, he is a better version of the Big Dog

He plays more like Al Harrington. A guy who might make it his craft of being a scoring forward that doesn't give much else.

DitchDat
03-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Beasley is a baaaaad rebounder

HiphopRelated
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
pretty much the type of dumb sh1t I'm talking about.

Who cares about Taj Gibson on the other team? Nobody's even running to close him out, they're playing off him.

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 04:44 PM
I say that Beasley is an important reason why the Heat have the record they do, because several times, especially earlier in the season, he carried the team for extended stretches during games. Since post ASB, that secondary role has been carried on by JO.

He's a guy defenses have to account for. Nobody is game planning for Kevin Love beyond "keep him off the boards". And where is his(Love's) efficiency anyway, when a garbage man scorer is shooting 45%?

I just can't watch guys rack up stats in dozens of non competitive games playing 38 mins and use that as a measure of quality.

Dont get me wrong Beasley is a good player, hes a big wing forward with range and can get hot and start scoring. In my opinion though, hes a 1 dimensional player that will excel even more in a role where hes not expected to be a #2 option.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Now imagine Wade with a player who could help the offense to a larger degree like Love and Brook. The Heat are better because of it.

Exactly, Love would give his team so many extra possessions and look up his TS% and Offensive RTG for your answer.

Thats because you dont understand how stats work when in reality Loves game would flourish alongside Wade.

heatking
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM

we definetly wouldnt. Love is nothing more than a david lee in his prime, while beasley can be dominant in his prime.

heatking
03-29-2010, 04:55 PM
So many things wrong with the post, Hawkeye, and it appears, like the rest of his detractors, you've maybe watched 2-3 games in his NBA career. He has one of the silkiest and purest midrange jumpers in the game...it's not falling and it's 100% mental.

As far as his work ethic, Beasley is the king. From his 6 hr/ a day training sessions this summer, to his midnight private shooting sessions after lousy games, the kid works as hard as anyone in the league. His problem lies in his body language and mental toughness. He looks like he skates, but that's just his look. He's smooth and he makes it look easy. I've been the same way my entire life and it has gotten me a terrible rep. I worked as hard as anybody, but due to my body language and facial expressions, people thought I was lazy and didn't care. It's a common misconception.

The kid has grown hugely this year. He's brought into a system to be a complimentary player. He's purely one of the most gifted scorers in the league w/ fantastic athleticism, a silky j, huge paws, and a certain craftiness around the rim...

He has a long way to go. He MUST become more agressive attacking the rim. He must focus on rebounding. He must continue to improve defensively. He must improve his toughness physically and mentally. But as far as talent, desire and skills, the kid is second to very few...

What people continue to disregard is that no other rookie plays with a Wade, no other rookie plays for such a veteran team, and no other rookie plays for a team w/ such a slow pace and emphasis on defense. This summer in stead of working on his skillset and bulk and paint moves, they had him expanding his game, working on his ball handling and perimeter defense...In due time he will be one of the best, most versatile scorers in the mold of a james worthy, carmelo anthony type, trust.

The bust talk is just insane. He's already well above league average and he's 21 in a bad situation for immediate statistical dominance. Take your Brook Lopez and his 7 wins as the main guy. Take your backup big man on the 2nd worst team in the league in Kevin Love. Take your Derrick Rose and his no-defense, non-winning ways. But look past the surface, read what the posters are saying and realize the kid is not a bust, he's not lazy and he's as gifted as it gets. He will breakout into elite status sooner rather than later, and the ignorant detractors will be laughed at.

wow i would never expect a raptor fan, or a fan of any other team to actually know the truth about michael beasley. :clap:

R_O_W_E
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
we definetly wouldnt. Love is nothing more than a david lee in his prime, while beasley can be dominant in his prime.

Thats extremely false on both ends.

Kevin Love is 5 years younger and coming into the NBA has shown to have more of a versatile game. Love has 3 point range, has a high basketball IQ, and is one of the best big men passers in the game capable of triggering a fast break at ease with his passes. I'd take Kevin Love over David Lee 10/10 times if I were building a team.

Michael Beasley will never be dominant in his prime. There is nothing unique about his game, he lacks a "definite" position, and his mismatches cant be exploited to a level where he is virtually unguardable. Beasley is a 6'9 forward with range, a good pumpfake, and can put it on the deck and drive if the lane is open. There is nothing potentially dominant about that, hes still going to be a good player and should have a few seasons averaging over 20 PPG.

heatking
03-29-2010, 04:57 PM

lol... this guy is like the little kid trying to get into a mans conversation, but just keeps making himself look dumber everytime he talks.

ManChild
03-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Kevin Love is a special talent.

DitchDat
03-29-2010, 05:06 PM
lol... this guy is like the little kid trying to get into a mans conversation, but just keeps making himself look dumber everytime he talks.

OMG son are u Beasley's girl or something? All I did was state an opinion, actually backed it up and try to move forward. I know it's impossible to decide whether a player is a bust or not, because sooo many people have sooo many different opinions. You say Beasley will have a Bosh-like career? I bet on it that he won't. Is he in the league and better than a bunch of other guys that are in the NBA ? Sure he is, he is putting up numbers and he is super-athletic and his off-court antics may have troubled my vision somewhat, but it is what it is. This is the Internet, it's public, deal with it. It's not your private diary where everything is as you please. Please move on.

DitchDat
03-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Beasley has the same issue a lot of bigs have these days: rather settle for long jumpers than bang inside. He should take his game inside and make people see what he can do. If he keeps settling for jumpers and 3's, he will have an underwhelming career. Oh and all the talking up Miami is doing about Beasley - don't say they're not building up to a trade. He will be on the block this Summer.

IRUAM #21
03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Beasley has the same issue a lot of bigs have these days: rather settle for long jumpers than bang inside. He should take his game inside and make people see what he can do. If he keeps settling for jumpers and 3's, he will have an underwhelming career. Oh and all the talking up Miami is doing about Beasley - don't say they're not building up to a trade. He will be on the block this Summer.

I agree, I think Michael's sort of soft, he needs to go down low, also there's an Insider article stating that Beasley will be on the block this summer.

HiphopRelated
03-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Now imagine Wade with a player who could help the offense to a larger degree like Love and Brook. The Heat are better because of it.

Exactly, Love would give his team so many extra possessions and look up his TS% and Offensive RTG for your answer.

Thats because you dont understand how stats work when in reality Loves game would flourish alongside Wade.

Look, put Beasley on the Nets and they get 20 games. Because when he's on, he's unguardable and you can run offense through him possession after possession. He'll run into enough nights imo, where that happens. Lopez is just not capable of that. Lopez and Love are accumulators of points. They happen to score as the game goes. The Atlanta game where Beasley exploded in the 4th to carry the Heat for a win(14 in the 4th, 7 in last 2 mins) is just something the other 2 can't accomplish.

Hell, Heat went 2-3 without Wade, that's what? already 20% of the Nets?

It's like people don't realize how bad this squad is, and it's not injury issues, they just suck.

These two guys that would benefit the Heat's offense just happen to be on the 2 worse offensive teams in the league. This can't be life.

Chronz
03-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Look, put Beasley on the Nets and they get 20 games. Because when he's on, he's unguardable and you can run offense through him possession after possession. He'll run into enough nights imo, where that happens. Lopez is just not capable of that. Lopez and Love are accumulators of points. They happen to score as the game goes. The Atlanta game where Beasley exploded in the 4th to carry the Heat for a win(14 in the 4th, 7 in last 2 mins) is just something the other 2 can't accomplish.
Its such a shame Beas isnt on more often or else you would have a point, if he had enough nights like that, he wouldnt be so inefficient truth is the man cant even crack league average in per possession efficiency. Put Beasley on the Nets without Brook and they get even worse defensively so even if he were better offensively would it matter? Doubtful

Lopez and Love are capable of so much more than that, they can impact the game even when they arent scoring, they happen to score because they can. LOL accumulators of points, yup accumulators of points and Beasley accumulates possessions with middling results whats your point?

Those isolated incidents down the stretch can happen to any bum, what matters is the totality of their game.

Hell, Heat went 2-3 without Wade, that's what? already 20% of the Nets?

It's like people don't realize how bad this squad is, and it's not injury issues, they just suck.
Your analysis is very weak, theres more to winning and losing than the actions of 1 player.

The Nets have exactly 2 players rated above league average and only 1 whos scoring at a rate well above league average (Brook), the Heat have 4 players who rate above league average with a strong defensive foundation to supplant them. Their finishers (role players) are all much more efficient with their limited possessions. So of course the Nets arent great offensively, their best offensive player happens to be their most efficient one, theyd be worse with Beasley. A guy who accounts for nearly as many possessions as Brook yet nowhere near his accuracy. And all this with the defense not zoning in on him consistently and WITH Wade attracting so much attention.

And your wrong about their injuries, Im sure theyve had their fair share considering the drop off of their best player (Devin).

These two guys that would benefit the Heat's offense just happen to be on the 2 worse offensive teams in the league. This can't be life.
Cant be life? You know whats life, the Heat somehow manage to put points up on the board all year even when Beas isnt in the game, in fact they score more effectively when hes out. Now Im not saying the Heat are always better without Beasley but they CAN be, whereas you take Love or Brook off the Nets and the offense gos to ****. Im talking like -6/7 PTS per 100 possessions worse. Clearly your ability to assess their teammates is lagging behind reality.

LOL 20 wins, I shouldve stopped right there, you have no idea how insane that sounds.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 08:07 PM

sure it does. Look at their individual play. The Heat are not the Lakers. Its not like one of the most offensive starved teams in the NBA couldn't use a contribution from Beasley. Lottery players typically go to horrible teams. Is it anyone's fault that Wade got hurt, and the Heat decided to call up the D League for 20 games to tank the season? Nope. In a perfect world, Beasley would be on one of those horrible teams averaging 19/8 with terrible efficiency, which actually hurts your team. But whatever you guys think. What's funny is, when he is traded, almost every Heat's fan will change their tune

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 08:10 PM

you need to take stats 101 dude. Love blows Beasley out of the water in stats and efficiency.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 08:12 PM

thank god your not the GM for the Heat then. I would totally not want to trade a player who underperforms, doesn't rebound or defend, takes posessions away from his team because he jacks so many outside shots, all for a player who adds nearly 4 posessions a game for his team, rebounds with anyone including Dwight Howard, and has an outlet pass not seen since Unseld.
Beasly "can" be anything he wants. Therein lies the problem. He just hasnt' shown, not only in his NBA career, but ever, that he really cares.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Thats extremely false on both ends.

Kevin Love is 5 years younger and coming into the NBA has shown to have more of a versatile game. Love has 3 point range, has a high basketball IQ, and is one of the best big men passers in the game capable of triggering a fast break at ease with his passes. I'd take Kevin Love over David Lee 10/10 times if I were building a team.

Michael Beasley will never be dominant in his prime. There is nothing unique about his game, he lacks a "definite" position, and his mismatches cant be exploited to a level where he is virtually unguardable. Beasley is a 6'9 forward with range, a good pumpfake, and can put it on the deck and drive if the lane is open. There is nothing potentially dominant about that, hes still going to be a good player and should have a few seasons averaging over 20 PPG.

exaclty right, while also not confusing some of the people here that don't understand stats in the least bit. Great post

wileyisTOFU
03-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Chronz and Hawkeye are officially the thread coolers of PSD

mjqusoldier
03-29-2010, 08:51 PM
My friend Fred Brown who used to play on Kansas State with him said Beasley is a punk and likes to party way too much. He also owes Fred money

effen5
03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
My friend Fred Brown who used to play on Kansas State with him said Beasley is a punk and likes to party way too much. He also owes Fred money

cool story bro

footballer2369
03-30-2010, 12:23 AM
thank god your not the GM for the Heat then. I would totally not want to trade a player who underperforms, doesn't rebound or defend, takes posessions away from his team because he jacks so many outside shots, all for a player who adds nearly 4 posessions a game for his team, rebounds with anyone including Dwight Howard, and has an outlet pass not seen since Unseld.
Beasly "can" be anything he wants. Therein lies the problem. He just hasnt' shown, not only in his NBA career, but ever, that he really cares.

Yet another ignorant post...He's never shown he cares...From the mouth of an offended homer, angry that his player isn't seen as superior...

As for him not defending being a reason you wouldn't trade for him, that's laughable...as if love is better at all. beasley has the athleticism and physical tools to become a good defender, love will never be. he can put in 100% effort all the time but he is limited....that's the truth.

exaclty right, while also not confusing some of the people here that don't understand stats in the least bit. Great post

Exactly right? Nothing special about Beasley? Please...You're letting your Love love blind you.

And to those talking about whether or not he will turn his attitude around: It's 180 degrees different. He doesn't drink, smoke or go out anymore. He works with Zo as his private mentor. The coaching staff say he's the most coachable on the team and really wants to improve. I've seen tapes of his practices of 3+ hours w/ his private trainer in addition to the mandated practices and midnight shooting sessions. The kid works as hard as anyone and has anything but an attitude problem. Does need to mature and work on his mental toughness though IMO.

J$mo0th_3o5
03-30-2010, 12:46 AM
b_rad strikes again:clap:

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Yet another ignorant post...He's never shown he cares...From the mouth of an offended homer, angry that his player isn't seen as superior...

As for him not defending being a reason you wouldn't trade for him, that's laughable...as if love is better at all. beasley has the athleticism and physical tools to become a good defender, love will never be. he can put in 100% effort all the time but he is limited....that's the truth.

Exactly right? Nothing special about Beasley? Please...You're letting your Love love blind you.

And to those talking about whether or not he will turn his attitude around: It's 180 degrees different. He doesn't drink, smoke or go out anymore. He works with Zo as his private mentor. The coaching staff say he's the most coachable on the team and really wants to improve. I've seen tapes of his practices of 3+ hours w/ his private trainer in addition to the mandated practices and midnight shooting sessions. The kid works as hard as anyone and has anything but an attitude problem. Does need to mature and work on his mental toughness though IMO.

actually present an argument in your post, and I will debate.

DitchDat
03-30-2010, 05:15 AM
Rookie Retrospective: Michael Beasley
Power Forward 6’8 , 239, 1989, Miami Heat

Part One: Inside Scoring & Post Skills

Then
“Beasley is doing his biggest damage in the paint, working off the ball, often continuing moves from the elbow or the baseline to finish with acrobatic layups. He’s a flat-out impressive finisher around the rim. He perfectly uses both hands, and his ability to hang in the air with the balance he shows there allows him to work to avoid almost every opponent’s attempt to challenge him. He’s just a majestic player evolving off the ground.”
-U-19 World Championship: Early Rounds 07/20/07

Now
From his one year stint at Kansas State, the Miami Heat expected Beasley to provide a consistent inside scoring threat to accompany Dwayne Wade’s stellar perimeter skills. Yet, through the first month of his rookie campaign, Beasley has attempted everything but attacking the interior of opposing defenses. According to Synergy Sports Technology, Beasley is converting a dismal 48% on shot attempts around the rim, and 32% of his post-moves. Compare that with last season at Kansas State, where he converted 67% of his shot-attempts around the rim, and 52% of his back-to-the-basket opportunities.

Already being undersized for an NBA power forward, and being more of a smooth/fluid type athlete than a freak leaper, Beasley has had a much more difficult time going up against the size, length and athleticism that NBA big men are known for—no longer simply being able to operate as a man amongst boys by bullying his way around the basket. He will have to learn how to go up stronger at the rim and not try to be so cute with his finishes—doing everything quicker and with more purpose than he’s been used to thus far in his career.

Even more concerning for the Heat is that Beasley is taking far more shots from the perimeter than in the post. Whereas last season post-up plays accounted for 33% of his shot-attempts, this year that percentage of attempts has fallen to just 15%. This lack of inside touches has taken away some of the things that made him such an efficient college player. The fact that his free throw attempts are down in a huge way (8.5 to 2.9 per game) and his offensive rebounding has fallen off a cliff (from 4.0 to 1.7 per game) are clearly indicative of the on-going changes Beasley is going to need to make to his game to transition to being a more effective NBA power forward as well as Miami’s need to utilize him in a more effective role.

On the rare occasion that he does catch the ball in the low post, Beasley prefers to face up or turn to the middle of the floor. When he faces up in the low post, Beasley doesn’t have ample room to beat his defender off the dribble. Adding to the problem, he also lacks a “step-through” or “up-and-under” move which would allow him to score more effectively as an undersized power forward. Since he lacks these interior moves, he usually relies on well-contested mid-range jumper over taller defenders.

With his back to the basket, Beasley turns to the middle of the floor twice as often as the baseline. In fact, he is only comfortable spinning baseline on the right side of the floor and hasn’t attempted a baseline move on the left block the entire season. At this stage in his career, Beasley would benefit greatly from watching some Antawn Jamison or Carlos Boozer game film and learning how to effectively use his shorter frame in the painted area.

The transition from college to the NBA is absolutely massive, especially when comparing the dramatic rise in the level of competition big men are forced to go up against on a nightly basis. Beasley clearly has the tools to be a lethal scorer in the NBA, but he’s going to have to adapt to his new surroundings and become much more cerebral about the way he gets his shot off.

^^this

DitchDat
03-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel: "Well, the Heat's dirty little secret came out in a big way Sunday night: Udonis Haslem is a better power forward than Michael Beasley. He's flat better. It's not even close, really. Haslem isn't as athletic as Beasley. He's not instant offense. He'll never be a fan favorite, or a media story in the way Beasley is. And Haslem gets all that. He even has fun with it. 'All these people for me?' he said upon walking to his locker through the cameras and notepads after scoring 23 points in Sunday's 97-94 win against Toronto. ... 'I just told Dwyane [Wade], I feel like a '72 Chevy with the ball bearings and carburetor shot, a couple of flat tires and the engine light on,' Haslem said. Right now, today, this year, and probably next year, that '72 Chevy runs better than the new-model Corvette. And Haslem being better than Beasley carries all sorts of unwanted conclusions and untidy decisions for the Heat about the future. The question, you see, isn't whether Beasley is on the trading block this summer, considering he's the Heat's lone chip to play. The question is this: What can they possibly get for him? This isn't picking on Beasley when he's down as much as wondering what has happened to his game. Again on Sunday, he looked like the typical 20-year-old kid who lost his confidence and panicked."
Israel Gutierrez of The Miami Herald: "Michael Beasley recognizes it. He didn't hesitate to admit he gets 'antsy' after missing a couple of shots. Think Wade worries if he starts a game missing five in a row? He just makes sure the next five are easier shots. Even Beasley's explanations sounded tense, as he was snapping while explaining his struggles. 'My first shot, second shot doesn't go down, I try to pick up the intensity,' Beasley said, a couple of snaps tossed in for effect. 'I just have to slow down, that's it -- from start to finish. Slow down and let the game come to me. I think lately I've done a poor job of that. I've been thinking, thinking, thinking a whole lot. It's hurting my game. I just have to get back to what I know.' What he knows, and probably doesn't want to admit, is that his future with this team might hinge on whether he snaps out of this funk. Although the Heat has plenty of cap space with which to sign talent this summer, sign-and-trade scenarios will be floating around aplenty. And you can bet Beasley's name will be in those conversations. He needs to reconnect with this surging Heat team before it goes places without him."

Chronz
03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Oh yea I forgot to mention how mentally weak Beas is, if your letting Charles Barkley affect your game, your none too bright.

footballer2369
03-30-2010, 12:33 PM
actually present an argument in your post, and I will debate.

since you appear to have missed both posts where i went into detail why beasley is special and why he isn't and will not ever be a bust, i will re-iterate.

Things that make Mike special:
Great quickness and speed for a PF
Great leaping ability for a PF
Ambidextrous, can finish equally with either hand in many different ways, can float palming the ball and hang until he finds an angle to put the ball on the glass or in the rim.
Silky jump shot
Great handles for a PF
Extremely expansive arsenal, can go left or right, pull up, fade away, post up
Has phenomenal footwork
Has impressive passing ability, though he admittedly doesn't utilize it nearly enough
Excellent rebounder WHEN HE PUTS IN THE EFFORT

Things that are currently holding him back:
Mental toughness-has been KILLING him, and is fixable w/ maturity
Focus- the same...this is something that should be improving but lately appears to have taken a step back w/ his recent struggles, would really make him into a much better player on both ends, fixable
Effort on the glass- this is something the coaching staff should have focused on but in stead they had him working out on the perimeter, fixable
Aggressiveness- he settles far too much, when attacking there are few that can stop him, but he has been far to happy trying to do finger rolls and long jumpers, fixable...
Consistency- like focus and toughness, this is something that will most likely come with time. he goes through stretches where he is absolutely dominating and you can run an offensive juggernaut through him, and there are other times where you don't even want him on the court...this will come w/ maturity as well, fixable.

His problems are ALL in his head, while Love's problems are not fixable...he has a limit, a predetermined max...he'll never be a superstar...he is an excellent role player...he'll never be a great athlete, he'll never be explosive, he'll never be great defensively, he will never be able to create off the dribble, etc.

I just don't think you ever make a trade in the wrong direction like that, you're trading potential star for a role player, who is worse defensively and not nearly as talented offensively...love clearly is more efficient RIGHT NOW, but beasley is the one who will be growing the most...love is nearly maxed out.

this is my argument for the most part. Mike needs maturity, guidance and mental work. This is why Haslem and Zo are mentoring him. He already has cleaned up his partying/drinking/smoking problem and is becoming a professional. He is well on his way.

save the knicks
03-30-2010, 12:51 PM
He'll make an excellent Al Harrington one day!

Sadds The Gr8
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
He'll make an excellent Al Harrington one day!

This.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
since you appear to have missed both posts where i went into detail why beasley is special and why he isn't and will not ever be a bust, i will re-iterate.

Ambidextrous, can finish equally with either hand in many different ways, can float palming the ball and hang until he finds an angle to put the ball on the glass or in the rim.
Silky jump shot
Great handles for a PF
Has phenomenal footwork
Has impressive passing ability, though he admittedly doesn't utilize it nearly enough

Focus- the same...this is something that should be improving but lately appears to have taken a step back w/ his recent struggles, would really make him into a much better player on both ends, fixable
Effort on the glass- this is something the coaching staff should have focused on but in stead they had him working out on the perimeter, fixable
Aggressiveness- he settles far too much, when attacking there are few that can stop him, but he has been far to happy trying to do finger rolls and long jumpers, fixable...
Consistency- like focus and toughness, this is something that will most likely come with time. he goes through stretches where he is absolutely dominating and you can run an offensive juggernaut through him, and there are other times where you don't even want him on the court...this will come w/ maturity as well, fixable.

His problems are ALL in his head, while Love's problems are not fixable...he has a limit, a predetermined max...he'll never be a superstar...he is an excellent role player...he'll never be a great athlete, he'll never be explosive, he'll never be great defensively, he will never be able to create off the dribble, etc.

I just don't think you ever make a trade in the wrong direction like that, you're trading potential star for a role player, who is worse defensively and not nearly as talented offensively...love clearly is more efficient RIGHT NOW, but beasley is the one who will be growing the most...love is nearly maxed out.

this is my argument for the most part. Mike needs maturity, guidance and mental work. This is why Haslem and Zo are mentoring him. He already has cleaned up his partying/drinking/smoking problem and is becoming a professional. He is well on his way.

no, not a Chad Ford scouting report ala you, present some evidence. Seriously, your post isn't even worth responding to since you are using no evidence in the least

DitchDat
03-30-2010, 01:17 PM

Silky jump shot
Great handles for a PF
Has phenomenal footwork

eh...no

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
what's great about Love is the despite doubters since he was a kid due to his color and speed, he was high school player of the year. He won Pac 10 freshman and PLAYER of the year, over Lopez, Mayo, Westbrook, and many others. He was left off the all rookie team despite the 4th highest rebound rate in history for a rookie. He doesn't need the ball to get 15-11 in 27 minutes a night, for a team trying to figure out who stays around so they play scrubs nightly.
I will take the guy who will give his team 4-5 extra opportunities nightly, and "max out" at somewhere in the 19/14 area with great passing and a unique ability to trigger a break with the flick of a wrist, who is actually going to be an able defender with his wit, over a guy who could be great, but instead is fragile mentally, doesn't rebound, or defend, and despite having gifts to be able to score in multiple ways, just jacks 18 footers all night while virtually refusing to pass.
Again, Love will, and is being shortchanged due to his so called "upside". Give me a break. The dude continues to get better every year regardless of public opinion on a slow, white guy.
Did I mention Love is a far superior shooter to Beas? On top of rebounding and passing? Their defense is equally unimpressive at this point.

Chronz
03-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Silky jump shot
Great handles for a PF
Has phenomenal footwork

WOW give him the max

CityofTreez
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
I think it's harsh to say "mediocrity"

When i think of mediocrity I think of Spencer Hawes, Larry Hughes, Andres Nocioni, Corey Maggette..........................not Michael beasley!

footballer2369
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
what's great about Love is the despite doubters since he was a kid due to his color and speed, he was high school player of the year. He won Pac 10 freshman and PLAYER of the year, over Lopez, Mayo, Westbrook, and many others. He was left off the all rookie team despite the 4th highest rebound rate in history for a rookie. He doesn't need the ball to get 15-11 in 27 minutes a night, for a team trying to figure out who stays around so they play scrubs nightly.
I will take the guy who will give his team 4-5 extra opportunities nightly, and "max out" at somewhere in the 19/14 area with great passing and a unique ability to trigger a break with the flick of a wrist, who is actually going to be an able defender with his wit, over a guy who could be great, but instead is fragile mentally, doesn't rebound, or defend, and despite having gifts to be able to score in multiple ways, just jacks 18 footers all night while virtually refusing to pass.
Again, Love will, and is being shortchanged due to his so called "upside". Give me a break. The dude continues to get better every year regardless of public opinion on a slow, white guy.
Did I mention Love is a far superior shooter to Beas? On top of rebounding and passing? Their defense is equally unimpressive at this point.

Guess what...Beasley had one of the best college seasons in history...

Love is having a better shooting season, but he's not a better shooter. He's a spot up shooter, Beasley isn't. It's akin implying Anthony Parker is a better shooter than Kobe, or Udonis Haslem is a better shooter than wade because he only takes wide open shots...

And can you stop listing passing as if that makes him some kind of elite player. He gets 2 assists a game...Awesome...That's great, but the difference between their passing is akin to the impact a steal or block makes. It's nowhere near as important as the other areas we're talking about.

Love is a better rebounder, it's undeniable to this point. I have no doubt he will remain the better rebounder as well. Love is an excellent, elite even, rebounder. That's good.

And proof? This is not an argument of statistics, there is no proof. The only proof I can give you is what is reported about his attitude change (which you were ignorant to 2 pages ago), his mentors, and his skill set. These are not attributes I've made up, they're written and reported everywhere.

I've said Love has been better now, but he's in a much better situation to shine...Beasley's game is not modelled after a role player to this point. He's adjusting from being the alpha to trying to play off of his teammates, which is what Love does best. He has more work to do to reach his ceiling, but his ceiling and skills are signifigantly higher/more than Love's. That's why we're not moving Bosh/Melo for David Lee/Bill Laimbeer.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Guess what...Beasley had one of the best college seasons in history...

Love is having a better shooting season, but he's not a better shooter. He's a spot up shooter, Beasley isn't. It's akin implying Anthony Parker is a better shooter than Kobe, or Udonis Haslem is a better shooter than wade because he only takes wide open shots...

And can you stop listing passing as if that makes him some kind of elite player. He gets 2 assists a game...Awesome...That's great, but the difference between their passing is akin to the impact a steal or block makes. It's nowhere near as important as the other areas we're talking about.

Love is a better rebounder, it's undeniable to this point. I have no doubt he will remain the better rebounder as well. Love is an excellent, elite even, rebounder. That's good.

And proof? This is not an argument of statistics, there is no proof. The only proof I can give you is what is reported about his attitude change (which you were ignorant to 2 pages ago), his mentors, and his skill set. These are not attributes I've made up, they're written and reported everywhere.

I've said Love has been better now, but he's in a much better situation to shine...Beasley's game is not modelled after a role player to this point. He's adjusting from being the alpha to trying to play off of his teammates, which is what Love does best. He has more work to do to reach his ceiling, but his ceiling and skills are signifigantly higher/more than Love's. That's why we're not moving Bosh/Melo for David Lee/Bill Laimbeer.

you refuse to present any evidence to support your argument except your opinion. So either do it, or we are done with this debate, because statistics all point to Love being better at pretty much everything except off the dribble pull up's, of which Love doesn't even shoot my man.
Again, use evidence, not your scratch paper scouting report from Kansas State. Show me evidence that Beasley will be better, and I will politely retort. Until then, writing a long post is a waste of time, because I don't think you understand how to look at a player's numbers

rick66ankiel24
03-30-2010, 01:58 PM

his playing style is nothing like lamar odom, odom is a complete player, beasley is a scorer that is struggling to score.. he desnt move on offense, he doesnt look to pass, he doesnt crash the boards, he doesnt play defense, he doesnt even try sometimes

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
his playing style is nothing like lamar odom, odom is a complete player, beasley is a scorer that is struggling to score.. he desnt move on offense, he doesnt look to pass, he doesnt crash the boards, he doesnt play defense, he doesnt even try sometimes

But "IF" he tried, blah, blah blah. Why do you think a player of his talent fell to #2 in the draft? These concerns were valid, and very strong, coming out of high school and college. His superior size and speed made him able to do anything in college. You could tell even there he just didn't care. He just appears to not give a ****, and will probably end up a waste of talent. I hope not, I like Beas, but he is so mentally fragile its crazy. Sports is 80% mental. imo at least, and if you are weak mentally, it doesn't matter what you can do physically

footballer2369
03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
you refuse to present any evidence to support your argument except your opinion. So either do it, or we are done with this debate, because statistics all point to Love being better at pretty much everything except off the dribble pull up's, of which Love doesn't even shoot my man.
Again, use evidence, not your scratch paper scouting report from Kansas State. Show me evidence that Beasley will be better, and I will politely retort. Until then, writing a long post is a waste of time, because I don't think you understand how to look at a player's numbers

There is no evidence, and I'm one of the biggest stat guys out there. But this isn't a debate about now...I've conceded that Love is more efficient, and a better rebounder NOW.

We're talking about the actual players now though, not their production. You can't project the future necessarily based entirely on stats...

For some reason you're incapable of talking about this, and that's fine. But the topic of my conversation was never now, and was never stats...realize that.

But "IF" he tried, blah, blah blah. Why do you think a player of his talent fell to #2 in the draft? These concerns were valid, and very strong, coming out of high school and college. His superior size and speed made him able to do anything in college. You could tell even there he just didn't care. He just appears to not give a ****, and will probably end up a waste of talent. I hope not, I like Beas, but he is so mentally fragile its crazy. Sports is 80% mental. imo at least, and if you are weak mentally, it doesn't matter what you can do physically

That explains why Kevin Ollie and Lindsay Hunter are dominating the league and Lebron has been a huge bust...Because Lebron is just so elite mentally...

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 02:12 PM
There is no evidence, and I'm one of the biggest stat guys out there. But this isn't a debate about now...I've conceded that Love is more efficient, and a better rebounder NOW.

We're talking about the actual players now though, not their production. You can't project the future necessarily based entirely on stats...

For some reason you're incapable of talking about this, and that's fine. But the topic of my conversation was never now, and was never stats...realize that.

That explains why Kevin Ollie and Lindsay Hunter are dominating the league and Lebron has been a huge bust...Because Lebron is just so elite mentally...

point 1- does Beasley have more upside than Love? Yes. Probably. But will he ever reach that potential? Probably not. He just doesn't care.

point 2- LeBron is elite mentally. And my comparison goes for those will the natural size and athletic ability. You can be as mentally smart and strong as there is, but if you are 5'7", it doesn't matter. The NBA is for beasts. But if you are Beasley's size and speed, and mentally weak, that physical ability doesn't matter. You knew what I was referring to, yet you decided to push it

And you can have your opinion on who will be better. I think Love will, and he has already shown that he will be dominant at a few things. Beasley has shown literally nothing except he needs to be nurtured

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
and you literally listed off Beasley's scouting report trying to show how good he was at certain things with no evidence but your opinion. There is an old saying, "stick to what your good at". Beasley needs to go back to the basics, and fix his mind. Probably aint gonna happen

Trouble87
03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
for all the off the court issues he had this summer he's been pretty good... every time I see Beasley play I'm impressed by his overall skill set

I don't think he'll ever the star of a team but theres no reason he can't be the #3 guy on a stacked team. If Miami gets a PG and a better PF they will be a handful next season

jackdawson
03-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Beasely is having a bad stretch. I understand his slow progress, but to write him off and saying waste of a great talent is just not right. He has just turned 21,so....

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Beasely is having a bad stretch. I understand his slow progress, but to write him off and saying waste of a great talent is just not right. He has just turned 21,so....

which is very true. I did mention in my early posts this same thing. But trends like this are hard to break out of, he has been told how great he was and surrounded himself with enablers since he was a kid. I hope he figures it out, I like Beasley, but he sure seems to be following that Tim Thomas/Derrick Coleman path

jackdawson
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
I get it. I surely hope Miami Heat trade him this offseason for a very good PG/SF/C. I would love to see him somewhere else (may be in a team without a superstar) where he can have more freedom with the ball. Miami is just not a right place for him. They want him to play completely off the ball, which is very very tough even for some superstars. May be Raptors/Suns for a offseason sign and trade (Bosh/Amare) or the wolves if they get a very high pick and select john wall (Rubio/Flynn becomes expandable).

SirCalvin81
03-30-2010, 03:27 PM
hes still young

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I get it. I surely hope Miami Heat trade him this offseason for a very good PG/SF/C. I would love to see him somewhere else (may be in a team without a superstar) where he can have more freedom with the ball. Miami is just not a right place for him. They want him to play completely off the ball, which is very very tough even for some superstars. May be Raptors/Suns for a offseason sign and trade (Bosh/Amare) or the wolves if they get a very high pick and select john wall (Rubio/Flynn becomes expandable).

at least speaking for the Wolves, they don't need Beasley. He doesn't project as a SF, and they are loaded up at PF with Jefferson, Love, and the rights to Pekovic. But if they trade either Big Al or Love, then maybe something around that. But imo, I wouldnt trade for Beasley until he shows he can become what he was touted to be.

footballer2369
03-30-2010, 05:41 PM
and you literally listed off Beasley's scouting report trying to show how good he was at certain things with no evidence but your opinion. There is an old saying, "stick to what your good at". Beasley needs to go back to the basics, and fix his mind. Probably aint gonna happen

It's not my opinion. It's common knowledge. Every scout and witness knows the things I listed.

I do agree that Beasley needs to get back to aggressively attacking the rim and try not to float at the perimeter as much, but I'm fairly convinced it will happen.

And I see you continue to write that he just doesn't care and one of my main points was how incorrect that is. Like I've said when he struggles, he's had midnight shooting sessions after bad games, he is the first one in and last one out of the gym supposedly etc. I get that you have some deeply rooted opinion that he doesn't care, I just hope you listen this time and research it in stead of going by common opinion, which is often wrong and in this case ignorant.

I appreciate that we sorted out the miscommunication and it at least appears we now are discussing the same line of info.

jackdawson
03-30-2010, 06:03 PM
at least speaking for the Wolves, they don't need Beasley. He doesn't project as a SF, and they are loaded up at PF with Jefferson, Love, and the rights to Pekovic. But if they trade either Big Al or Love, then maybe something around that. But imo, I wouldnt trade for Beasley until he shows he can become what he was touted to be.

Well, that's the big question now. If he becomes the player he was projected to be, then the Heat might not want to trade him out.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 07:45 PM
It's not my opinion. It's common knowledge. Every scout and witness knows the things I listed.

I do agree that Beasley needs to get back to aggressively attacking the rim and try not to float at the perimeter as much, but I'm fairly convinced it will happen.

And I see you continue to write that he just doesn't care and one of my main points was how incorrect that is. Like I've said when he struggles, he's had midnight shooting sessions after bad games, he is the first one in and last one out of the gym supposedly etc. I get that you have some deeply rooted opinion that he doesn't care, I just hope you listen this time and research it in stead of going by common opinion, which is often wrong and in this case ignorant.

I appreciate that we sorted out the miscommunication and it at least appears we now are discussing the same line of info.

He just doesn't care is the same thing to me as being taken out of a game because you are not mentally there. Beasley does not play hard most posessions. He just doesn't. Its almost as if he lacks confidence, but that can't be possible with the face he shows. The dude is not mentally there, and may never be. He needs to get out of Miami, where there are easy vices to mess up, and go to a small market team in a clean city maybe.
And your scouting report is somewhat accurate. He shows great promise, but a scouting report doesn't factor in on court work ethic. Its one thing to practice at midnight cause you sucked 3 hours earlier. Its another to learn from mistakes, and play harder, and watch tape and realize that you are not doing what you are paid to do, and what you are capable of doing. Beasley may very well figure it out and be a dominant swing player down low and outside, but I have serious doubts

Hawkeye15
03-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Well, that's the big question now. If he becomes the player he was projected to be, then the Heat might not want to trade him out.

obviously. Its a tough call. Trade him now, while his youth and ability are keeping his trade value above water, or wait and pray to god he turns into what he could become. I don't envy the Heat. They should have traded down and taken Love quite honestly, and gained an asset in return

footballer2369
03-31-2010, 12:13 AM
He just doesn't care is the same thing to me as being taken out of a game because you are not mentally there. Beasley does not play hard most posessions. He just doesn't. Its almost as if he lacks confidence, but that can't be possible with the face he shows. The dude is not mentally there, and may never be. He needs to get out of Miami, where there are easy vices to mess up, and go to a small market team in a clean city maybe.
And your scouting report is somewhat accurate. He shows great promise, but a scouting report doesn't factor in on court work ethic. Its one thing to practice at midnight cause you sucked 3 hours earlier. Its another to learn from mistakes, and play harder, and watch tape and realize that you are not doing what you are paid to do, and what you are capable of doing. Beasley may very well figure it out and be a dominant swing player down low and outside, but I have serious doubts

That's EXACTLY what it is IMO...He's on a veteran team full of overpowering personalities like Wade and Haslem and Riley...I think his confidence is shot ATM despite his face (which again I attribute to youthfull cockiness and not legitimate confidence, which I expect to come w/ maturity...I will say that I disagree about the vices though, as he's already over that (from his and coaches' and mentors' mouths' so theoretically it's not proven, but I believe)...

obviously. Its a tough call. Trade him now, while his youth and ability are keeping his trade value above water, or wait and pray to god he turns into what he could become. I don't envy the Heat. They should have traded down and taken Love quite honestly, and gained an asset in return

If we traded down to 10 and took Lopez, we would have gotten some sick assets and our #2 option and franchise center, but hindsight is 20/20. I wouldn't trade Beasley for anyone in the draft class outside of Lopez. (not a shot at Westbrook, Rose, etc. but pairing Wade w/ another athlete that is subpar from outside 20 feet would be stupid, Eric Gordon would be intriguing but I'd ask for them to add)

DitchDat
03-31-2010, 04:29 AM
That's EXACTLY what it is IMO...He's on a veteran team full of overpowering personalities like Wade and Haslem and Riley...I think his confidence is shot ATM despite his face (which again I attribute to youthfull cockiness and not legitimate confidence, which I expect to come w/ maturity...I will say that I disagree about the vices though, as he's already over that (from his and coaches' and mentors' mouths' so theoretically it's not proven, but I believe)...

If we traded down to 10 and took Lopez, we would have gotten some sick assets and our #2 option and franchise center, but hindsight is 20/20. I wouldn't trade Beasley for anyone in the draft class outside of Lopez. (not a shot at Westbrook, Rose, etc. but pairing Wade w/ another athlete that is subpar from outside 20 feet would be stupid, Eric Gordon would be intriguing but I'd ask for them to add)

Agreed

footballer2369
03-31-2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/31/1556032/beasley-working-to-stop-slump.html

albertc86
03-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Beasley is overrated, in my opinion. I wouldn't say he's destined for mediocrity but he'll take longer to develop than suspected.

Mrphilly
03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
If beasley was on a team with Iverson, everbody would say AI is holding his development back. Maybe Wade doesn't make his teammates better! Its all Wade's fault, him and the coach who's name I can't spell or pronounce.

Really, I don't. What the problem, I just hope he reaches his full potential.

Lord Leoshes
03-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Kevin Love is a special talent.

Special as in ride the little bus to school, finger paint, & have nap time, in high school? :drool:

Lord Leoshes
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM

Well Pat Riley would not trade Beasley during the FEB trade deadline for Amare so if you think he will for love, you are mistaken.

Draco
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Beasley has averaged 10.1 points and 4.7 rebounds and shot just 35.6 percent from the field in his past seven games.

Maybe it's not so much whether Beasley is destined for mediocrity but whether Beasley can work himself back to the point of mediocrity. hmm.

0nekhmer
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Nah he has a lot of potential, but that wont be tapped in Miami

Jonathan2323
03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Maybe it's not so much whether Beasley is destined for mediocrity but whether Beasley can work himself back to the point of mediocrity. hmm.

why are you a hater?

Lord Leoshes
03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Miami: M. Beasley 14 Pts, 4 Reb, 1 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 Blk
5:30, 2nd Qtr

shizzle09
03-31-2010, 08:29 PM

You believe he's left handed? Dont watch him enough to know he is for sure left handed but discredit his comparison to Odom. gotta love opinions based on box scores. Anybody who watches Heat games mnows he is handcuffed by the coach. Mark my words, if Beasley was on the Bulls, Grizzlies, etc etc this thread wouldnt have been created. he needs a change of scenery.

Draco
03-31-2010, 08:41 PM
why are you a hater?

I'm mostly being tongue in cheek about this but it is almost a situation where you can't be offended by the idea that Beasley might not be better than mediocre if he's currently not even consistently mediocre.

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 09:18 PM
why are you a hater?

Why do you ask him that? He is one of those bulls fans who thinks Derrick Rose is GOD or second coming of MJ. That's why he is bashing Beasely.

Draco
03-31-2010, 09:37 PM
^ No, but I am a Bulls fan who thinks the Heat would trade Beasley for Love faster than you can say mediocre.

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 09:48 PM
^^Your sig pic makes me laugh. This will be the perfect situation in july for bulls fans who wish D Wade there...
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/myspacequotes/Heart-Broken_112507094_girlyquotes361.gif

HiphopRelated
03-31-2010, 09:50 PM
lol, I dare a NBA coach to put Love on the floor without a shot creator.

Sh1t's like saying Nick Collison is better than David West.

2 vastly different roles.

Raph12
03-31-2010, 09:52 PM
How has this thread still going strong?

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-31-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm mostly being tongue in cheek about this but it is almost a situation where you can't be offended by the idea that Beasley might not be better than mediocre if he's currently not even consistently mediocre.

LMAO your just all mad at the world because your Bulls are the ones who are below mediocre.

You should really think about changing that sig already lol. Your best bet this summer will prolly be no better than Joe Johnson.

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 10:03 PM
How has this thread still going strong?

Because Beasely has too many haters (ala Wade) on PSD.

Lord Leoshes
03-31-2010, 10:04 PM
M. Beasley 28 Pts, 9 Reb, 3 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 Blk

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-31-2010, 10:04 PM

PSD has too many haters period

Jonathan2323
03-31-2010, 10:07 PM
M. Beasley 28 Pts, 9 Reb, 3 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 Blk

He finally gets minutes and look what happens. This is what he could do on a bad team like the Bulls.

Bishnoff
03-31-2010, 10:08 PM
He needs a new team. He's not a good fit in Miami.

Lord Leoshes
03-31-2010, 10:08 PM
^ No, but I am a Bulls fan who thinks the Heat would trade Beasley for Love faster than you can say mediocre.

No, but I am a Heat fan who thinks the Bulls would trade Rose for Love faster than you can say mediocre. :bla:

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 10:09 PM
He finally gets minutes and look what happens. This is what he could do on a bad team like the Bulls.

word.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-31-2010, 10:09 PM

lmao!!

Bring The Heat
03-31-2010, 10:10 PM
He had a good all around game tonight... His defense has improved a lot

heatking
03-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Great game tonight, and Spo just said he worked for hours alone in the gym with the coaches... It just lets me know more and more these losers who say beasley doesnt try have no idea what their talking about.

They just run their mouth for the sake of watching their words on a screen.

heatking
03-31-2010, 10:17 PM

We already have a kevin love. His name id Udonis Haslem, thats all love will ever be.

effen5
03-31-2010, 10:22 PM

Umm nobody hates on Wade? Theres a reason why everyone wants him on their team.

J$mo0th_3o5
03-31-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't care if this was only one game, but Beasley just said "**** all you guys"!!!!

AddiX
03-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Beasley aka Derrick Coleman Jr.

jackdawson
03-31-2010, 10:51 PM
says who? A new york fan.

OH, OKAY.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Well Pat Riley would not trade Beasley during the FEB trade deadline for Amare so if you think he will for love, you are mistaken.

your understanding of how a trade works financially is impressive

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 11:09 PM
lol, I dare a NBA coach to put Love on the floor without a shot creator.

Sh1t's like saying Nick Collison is better than David West.

2 vastly different roles.

are you serious? Minnesota has a shot creator? hahahahahaha. The fact that Love creates his own offense is more valuable than any average wing who shoots a lot and doesnt guard anyone hahaha. That is a ridiculous post dude, you are better than that

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 11:11 PM
Wow Heat fans. I saw a couple who didn't horribly overrate their own troubled player over the #16 efficient player in the NBA, and 3rd best rebounder. This is basically a fact. The Wolves would hang up the phone on the Heat if they offered Beasley for Love today. And the Heat would take the trade in a nanosecond.

HiphopRelated
03-31-2010, 11:12 PM
are you serious? Minnesota has a shot creator? hahahahahaha. The fact that Love creates his own offense is more valuable than any average wing who shoots a lot and doesnt guard anyone hahaha. That is a ridiculous post dude, you are better than that
okay, I should say and expect to be successful..obviously Minnesota doesn't qualify

marlinsfan24
03-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Beasley clearly has the potential to be a high profile scorer in the NBA. He's shown flashes of it many times in his 2 year career. He's only 21 right now and people are expecting way too much out of him already just because of Durant and Rose's play.

Jonathan2323
03-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Wow Heat fans. I saw a couple who didn't horribly overrate their own troubled player over the #16 efficient player in the NBA, and 3rd best rebounder. This is basically a fact. The Wolves would hang up the phone on the Heat if they offered Beasley for Love today. And the Heat would take the trade in a nanosecond.

HEAT would not trade Beasley for Love.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 11:13 PM
okay, I should say and expect to be successful..obviously Minnesota doesn't qualify

present evidence of your case for Beasley over Love at this point, and you may not sound quite as ignorant as the post I replied to. And please don't use words like potential and if, or I will use words like unicorn and rainbows

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 11:15 PM
HEAT would not trade Beasley for Love.

of course they would. They would get a player who adds posessions, and doesnt need a single play run for them to get the same points on far better efficiency

J$mo0th_3o5
03-31-2010, 11:16 PM
of course they would. They would get a player who adds posessions, and doesnt need a single play run for them to get the same points on far better efficiency

Nah man you're crazy. They wouldn't do that.

HiphopRelated
03-31-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm not presenting evidence for anything as long as you keep saying things like Beasley doesn't defend or "care"...whatever abstract meaning you attach to that.

I would obviously be wasting my time.

All I can tell you is that Love is not capable of filling the role Beasley is required to on the Heat, which is being a 2nd option on offense.

Jonathan2323
03-31-2010, 11:17 PM

nah they wouldn't Love has peaked. Beasley has way more potential and talent.

J$mo0th_3o5
03-31-2010, 11:19 PM

Uh oh he's gonna talk about unicorns and rainbows now

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm not presenting evidence for anything as long as you keep saying things like Beasley doesn't defend or "care"...whatever abstract meaning you attach to that.

I would obviously be wasting my time.

All I can tell you is that Love is not capable of filling the role Beasley is required to on the Heat, which is being a 2nd option on offense.

No, I proved it earlier in this thread. Their defensive ratings are a wash bro, and Love is clearly more valuable on the end because he is a great defensive rebounder. He gets your team more posessions, around 4, per game with his dominant offensive rebounding. He is a better shooter, passer, rebounder, and draws way more fouls. With the wash on defense, try and show me why on earth Beasley is better than Love. Every single statistic points to Love being better. And add to that he plays his *** off every posession, and isn't messed up in the head, and its pretty simple.
Your up bro.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2010, 11:23 PM

Potential is a word given to young players who exhibit physical talent, with total disregard to their mental state many times. Gerald Green had a ton of potential. As does Thabeet.
There is no doubt Beasley has more physical talent than most of the NBA. Why is it then he can't contribute in a positive way nightly on offense, which is the only thing he is good at, for a team in desperate need of offense?
I hope the kid well. But he has Derrick Coleman all over him.

Jonathan2323
03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Uh oh he's gonna talk about unicorns and rainbows now

:laugh:

heatking
03-31-2010, 11:33 PM

Stop with your efficiency BS... all love does is make shots off of easy putbacks, or wide open shots. At best he is a decent starter on a good team. He is not someone you can possibly build a team around.

The heat are 3-0 with michael beasley as their main player with him averaging 27 points in that stretch. it is proven he can WIN games which Love obviously cant. But you go ahead and take your hustle player that cant, and will never be able to create his own shot over a player that is proven he can win games.

Love cant even start over Darko freaking milicic. he is a hustle player off the bench and thats all he will ever be. In his prime he will be a david lee. He may get you some numbers on a horrible team, but you will never win with Love.

Beasley on the other hand is someone you can build an offence around, and can create his own offence.

HiphopRelated
03-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Stop with your efficiency BS... all love does is make shots off of easy putbacks, or wide open shots. At best he is a decent starter on a good team. He is not someone you can possibly build a team around.

The heat are 3-0 with michael beasley as their main player with him averaging 27 points in that stretch. it is proven he can WIN games which Love obviously cant. But you go ahead and take your hustle player that cant, and will never be able to create his own shot over a player that is proven he can win games.

Love cant even start over Darko freaking milicic. he is a hustle player off the bench and thats all he will ever be. In his prime he will be a david lee. He may get you some numbers on a horrible team, but you will never win with Love.

Beasley on the other hand is someone you can build an offence around, and can create his own offence.
lol, hostile, but that's the general idea.

I wouldn't be screaming for Love to start over Haslem

footballer2369
04-01-2010, 12:05 AM

And yet he still has a PER above 15 (that's average aka more than mediocre since you probably didn't know that) even with this stretch...

Draco
04-01-2010, 12:15 AM
And yet he still has a PER above 15 (that's average aka more than mediocre since you probably didn't know that) even with this stretch...

I didn't know that.. I always thought average and mediocre were synonyms.

Good for SCB.. that's supercoolbeas, since you probably didn't know that.

footballer2369
04-01-2010, 12:18 AM
more than average=more than mediocre...

Stuckey#3
04-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Add Larry Hughes and Correy Maggette, divide talent level by two and you have... Michael Beasley!