PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Impact Player Bosh or Amare

beardown78
03-28-2010, 11:38 AM
IMO neither player is A max player but both will get A max deal either from their current teams or on the open market. My question is which player of the two impacts games more? Not who averages more points or rebounds but who would give you A better chance of winning if surrounded by the right pieces

lggydelphia
03-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Bosh is carrying that Raptors team on his own so I'd take him. Amar'e has Nash feeding him, I don't know how good he'd be without him.

levignjw
03-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Bosh hands down.

SaimoNETS
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Bosh, without a doubt.

smith&wesson
03-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Bosh, imagine how inflated his stats would be if he played with nash.
theres no question. bosh hands down.

Jacob K.
03-28-2010, 12:15 PM
imagine bosh and nash! they would be unreal.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Bosh.

thedfactor
03-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Having Nash does help tons, but I think since neither has a real defensive impact that I would lean towards Amare. Guy is still explosive offensive player after arthroscopic knee surgery and a serious eye injury. They both have similar range on their shots, and I just think Amare is more a force. But no neither are max money players. That's just LBJ and Wade, more so LeBron

Kakaroach
03-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah I'd take Bosh even though any team that gets them this summer will be very happy.

Master Mind
03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Amare!

Ragun
03-28-2010, 12:29 PM
bosh fo sho. is defense has improved and he was playing like a #1 before his injury. he hasnt been the same since returning.

DamnGoat
03-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Bosh.

He has steadily improved these last few years while Amare's numbers have gone down. Bosh can score in a variety of ways while Amare is fairly one dimensional and likely wouldn't be the same player without a stud PG feeding him easy dunks all the time, plus Bosh rebounds better and more consistently for his position. Is it even worth mentioning that he's younger and less injury prone as well?

With that said, I'm not sure either is a true franchise player or a max player, but if I were choosing b/t the two I'd take Bosh without hesitation.

JordansBulls
03-28-2010, 12:41 PM
IMO neither player is A max player but both will get A max deal either from their current teams or on the open market. My question is which player of the two impacts games more? Not who averages more points or rebounds but who would give you A better chance of winning if surrounded by the right pieces

Amare vs Bosh - Playoffs Only

Amare in the 2005 playoffs against Duncan in the WCF put these numbers up

He averaged 37 ppg in that series.

Here are the two players numbers for their career.

Amare's career playoffs thus far

Games 36 / 25.1 ppg / 10.4 rpg / 1.9 bpg / 1.1 spg / 52% FG / PER 25.0

Bosh career playoffs thus far

Games 11 / 20.5 ppg / 9.0 rpg / 1.2 bpg / 1.6 spg / 43% FG / PER 20.4

For the Season here are the numbers for:
Amare
21.3 ppg / 8.9 rpg / 1.4 bpg / 0.9 spg / 54% FG / PER 22.5

Bosh
20.1 ppg / 9.4 rpg / 1.2 bpg / 0.8 spg / 49% FG / PER 21.2

phxman22
03-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Amare!!

Sadds The Gr8
03-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Bosh. Amare has Nash feeding him easy buckets half the time, whereas Bosh works for pretty much EVERY single basket he gets from isos, and off rebs.

Chronz
03-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Bosh, imagine how inflated his stats would be if he played with nash.
theres no question. bosh hands down.

how inflated am i imagining
?

aman_13
03-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Chris Bosh. Close thread lol.

SchyGuy11
03-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Amare

Bosh

holy **** thats insane!

Raph12
03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Bosh but not by as much as people make it sound.

Amare's a much better finisher, while Bosh is much better at creating for himself.

aman_13
03-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Bosh but not by as much as people make it sound.

Amare's a much better finisher, while Bosh is much better at creating for himself.

True, Amare is a better finisher, but he's had a lot of practise playing with Nash lol. Almost every week, you see Amare slamming on someone by cutting in off a pass from Nash.

ldc62
03-28-2010, 01:03 PM
It is not a myth that Amare is only doing this because of Nash. Almost 90% of the highlights that involve Amare, it is because his teammates (mostly Nash), gave him a nice pass and a clear path to the basket. If Bosh had this, he would avg. 28 + pts. Also Amare is worse on D, which shouldn't happen since he is more athletic (shows hes lazy).

Amare

Bosh

You are forgetting about team talent... can you honestly say that the Suns were less talented than the Raptors? When people play the suns, they have to worry about Nash and all the 3 point shooters. When they play the Raptors, they focus on Bosh. Nash can make anyone look better, time and time again this has been proven: Amare, Marion, Quentin, Frye, Diaw, etc,etc with the exception being Joe J.

Sadds The Gr8
03-28-2010, 01:04 PM
true, amare is a better finisher, but he's had a lot of practise playing with nash lol. Almost every week, you see amare slamming on someone by cutting in off a pass from nash.

+1

J-Relo
03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
It is not a myth that Amare is only doing this because of Nash. Almost 90% of the highlights that involve Amare, it is because his teammates (mostly Nash), gave him a nice pass and a clear path to the basket. If Bosh had this, he would avg. 28 + pts. Also Amare is worse on D, which shouldn't happen since he is more athletic (shows hes lazy).

You are forgetting about team talent... can you honestly say that the Suns were less talented than the Raptors? When people play the suns, they have to worry about Nash and all the 3 point shooters. When they play the Raptors, they focus on Bosh. Nash can make anyone look better, time and time again this has been proven: Amare, Marion, Quentin, Frye, Diaw, etc,etc with the exception being Joe J.

1. CHeck Amare's stats without Nash.
2. Game isn't just highlights.
3. Check the first one.

randomness
03-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Bosh. He's getting better and he doesn't have a PG like Nash to inflate his stats. Although I like Stoudemire, I see him more as a 2nd option, whereas Bosh is more of a 1B option. But both of them will most likely get max contracts this year as some GM will overpay.

ManChild
03-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Amare also scores on Isos. He had 30 points without Steve Nash against the thunder and scored 18 points in the fourth quarter against the Warriors without Nash.

champ101695
03-28-2010, 02:46 PM
bosh because he is carrying his team on his own. amare has nash but amare could do it if needed too.

thephoenixson28
03-28-2010, 03:00 PM
1st half of the season Bosh

2nd half of the season Amare

You can say nash helps amare, but bosh is the focal point. Amare has been playing out of his mind on both ends of the court this 2nd half. I would say a max contract player. I would take amare over bosh. Not being a homer.

tjlipford
03-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Ill take Amare any day over Bosh. Amare has put it down against the best big men. He has pissed on Duncan, Garnett, Howard, boozer, all the best big man he has pissed on. He has done it in the playoffs as well.

I wish we would have gotten Amare.

Bosh is good but he seems like he is soft to me. I know he can score but he just seems like a finesse big man.

Me, I like my centers and power forwards to be physical, strong and I want them dunking on whoever in the paint.

Also I remember Shaq saying that "Bosh is the rupaul of big men" LOL. I think that will always stick with me. Give me Amare

crazygolucky
03-28-2010, 03:07 PM
People always think that Amare is Amare because he plays with Nash. That he can only get good looks because of Nash setting him up.

This is not true. Take it from someone who watches every game. Maybe 3 years ago with D'antoni this would be true, but nowadays Stat gets ALOT of one on one plays run for him, where he just faces up on the baseline and takes people to the house (every time i might add).

now as far as which player is better, i dont really know because i dont watch Bosh play all the time.
All i can comment on is the huge misconception that all Amare is is a cupcake dunker, fed by Nash every time.

This is so false, anyone who says this obviously has watched all but maybe 5 minutes of a Suns game this season.

ldc62
03-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Ill take Amare any day over Bosh. Amare has put it down against the best big men. He has pissed on Duncan, Garnett, Howard, boozer, all the best big man he has pissed on. He has done it in the playoffs as well.

Bosh is good but he seems like he is soft to me. I know he can score but he just seems like a finesse big man.

Me, I like my centers and power forwards to be physical, strong and I want them dunking on whoever in the paint.

Also I remember Shaq saying that "Bosh is the rupaul of big men" LOL. I think that will always stick with me. Give me Amare

So you're all about flash, but not substance... in the words of Vince Carter: "Dunking is Overrated".

crazygolucky
03-28-2010, 03:10 PM
and yes Amare has really opened up his entire game, on the defensive and rebounding tip as well.
Worth a max contract? just about! although im not really sure i ANY player deserves that kind of money.

WHy would you even want a max contract if youre a player? that means you just about bankrupted your team, leaving them unable to sign any other talent. I think you would have to be very greedy and selfish to even want that.

ManChild
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
and yes Amare has really opened up his entire game, on the defensive and rebounding tip as well.
Worth a max contract? just about! although im not really sure i ANY player deserves that kind of money.

WHy would you even want a max contract if youre a player? that means you just about bankrupted your team, leaving them unable to sign any other talent. I think you would have to be very greedy and selfish to even want that.

Amare was willing to take 14 million a year for four years but the Suns turned him down.

Stay_Swim
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
It's close, but I wouls take Bosh. Gotta go with tha southpaw.

ldc62
03-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Amare was willing to take 14 million a year for four years but the Suns turned him down.

Probably because they know hes not worth that much

Jonathan2323
03-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Amare

MrFastBreak
03-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Both have been crazy efficient on offense, but their offensive regularized adj +/- indicate their impacts on offense haven't been THAT significant in the sense that their teams have been worse offensively when they step off the floor.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Bosh. But neither is worth a max deal imo

kingkenny01
03-28-2010, 04:56 PM
bosh

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Neither, Pau Gasol has a greater impact than both Bosh and Amare.

Shady66
03-28-2010, 05:41 PM
damn amare gets no love, all peoples excuses are is that he plays with nash.
Hes been dominating on post up isos, nobody can stop him. Hes got great post moves, and isnt taking jump shots anymore, unless hes wide open. Bosh on the other hand has been pretty much only taking jumpers the last little while. Stat is also a better defender, bosh doesnt even seem to try, the only thing bosh is better at is rebounding.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 05:42 PM

do we remember Gasol when he was surrounded by average players? 19/9 with not a single playoff win.
They would both be hailed as the best 2nd player if they were on the Lakers or Cavs

Shady66
03-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Also, bosh is a ballhog on the offencive end, he holds the ball for a long period of time and takes a bad shot

Lakers4ItAll
03-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Bosh can create his own shot better than Amare so I would deff go with Bosh.

Bishnoff
03-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Bosh is carrying that Raptors team on his own so I'd take him. Amar'e has Nash feeding him, I don't know how good he'd be without him.

I laugh every time I hear someone say this. Amar'e has proven on so many occasions that he can score just as many points at a similar FG% without Nash.

ryder78c
03-28-2010, 05:59 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:You Always talkin bout Gasol he aint Amare or Bosh i rather have Either before Gasol!

i think amare is still gonna go to MIA and i still think bosh ends up in NYC possibly Chi

if your looking for offense Amare if you want a more versatile player Bosh

nobody should do VS its dumb MJ vs Magic kobe vs lebron you never know unless there in that different situation

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:You Always talkin bout Gasol he aint Amare or Bosh i rather have Either before Gasol!

i think amare is still gonna go to MIA and i still think bosh ends up in NYC possibly Chi

Gasol = 1 ring

Bosh = 0 rings

Amare = 0 rings

PHX2daDEATH
03-28-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't think I've seen an alley loop, Nash to Amare dunk all year.. so saying Nash feeds Amare easy points means you don't watch the Suns at all..Even with Goran startign Amare got a 30 point game...Amare can take big men off the dribble..he gets fouled about 70 percent of the time though, most of his points come inside the paint when he's double and triple teamed.. If i'm building a team, Im building it around Amare..

Bishnoff
03-28-2010, 06:06 PM
It surprises me how few of you guys actually watch Suns games. A lot of you have no knowledge of STAT's game.

I'm not going to sit here and say who I think is better because to be honest, I never watch Bosh play.

PHX2daDEATH
03-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Gasol = 1 ring

Bosh = 0 rings

Amare = 0 rings

Im pretty sure if the Lakers traded for Bosh or Amare instead of Gasol.. the Lakers would have 2 rings,

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Im pretty sure if the Lakers traded for Bosh or Amare instead of Gasol.. the Lakers would have 2 rings,

Amare has a low b-ball IQ and wouldn't fit with what the Lakers are doing. Gasol did a better job of leading Memphis to the playoffs and losing to superior competition like the Spurs than Bosh has led the Raptors, lossing to "so-so" competition in the playoffs. Plus, Gasol's length is an advantage for the Lakers.

Gasol > Bosh

Gasol > Amare

Shady66
03-28-2010, 06:14 PM
for the lakers, yes gasol is better. Overall players? no

Punkindrublic03
03-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Amare > Bosh

Bosh cannot dominate a game like Amare can

IF Amare continues to play like he has the second half of this season, the Suns are in good position to make a nice run this postseason.

And Lakers fans get real... Gasol has the luxury of playing with Kobe... I'm sure if Kobe and Amare played together in LA you would be all over Amare's nuts like you are always slobbering all over Pau's balls.

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Amare > Bosh

Bosh cannot dominate a game like Amare can

IF Amare continues to play like he has the second half of this season, the Suns are in good position to make a nice run this postseason.

And Lakers fans get real... Gasol has the luxury of playing with Kobe... I'm sure if Kobe and Amare played together in LA you would be all over Amare's nuts like you are always slobbering all over Pau's balls.

Amare wouldn't fit the triangle offense, he's not a great passer, and the triangle requires passing.

Gasol > Amare

Gasol has a championship and a rookie of the year. Amare has just a rookie of the year

Shady66
03-28-2010, 08:01 PM
this thread wasnt even about lakers or gasol, way to turn it into that

Duncan = Donkey
03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Bosh is a loser.

Amare all day.

D1JM
03-28-2010, 08:25 PM
gasol is soft as a cupcake

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 08:31 PM
gasol is soft as a cupcake

Nonetheless, a cupcake with a ring on top.

SlaterRaps
03-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Gasol = 1 ring

Bosh = 0 rings

Amare = 0 rings

Robert Horry = 7 rings
i is count rings too :clap:

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Robert Horry = 7 rings
i is count rings too :clap:

Pau guarded Orlando's best player Dwight Howard in the NBA Finals. Thus, he had a bigger hand in the championship than any of Robert Horry's 7 titles, who was probably a bench player in 5 of those 7 championships.

SlaterRaps
03-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Pau guarded Orlando's best player Dwight Howard in the NBA Finals. Thus, he had a bigger hand in the championship than any of Robert Horry's 7 titles, who was probably a bench player in 5 of those 7 championships.

I meant to say i can mention a player who has absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread and point out he has more rings.
thank you for arguing about a topic nobody here wants to read about

ldc62
03-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Bosh is a loser.

Amare all day.

Very intelligent post coming from a guy named Duncan = Donkey.

makavelli
03-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Bosh because hes the raptors franchise player and he leads the raptors.

sunnydayin'zona
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Gasol = 1 ring

Bosh = 0 rings

Amare = 0 rings

oh yes, because that ring was totally on pau's back. :facepalm:

btw, first facepalm i've ever used, and you got it.

YOUR USERNAME IS GASOFT.
am i the first to suspect that your arguments are sarcastic?
and are you 16?

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 09:13 PM
oh yes, because that ring was totally on pau's back. :facepalm:

btw, first facepalm i've ever used, and you got it.

YOUR USERNAME IS GASOFT.
am i the first to suspect that your arguments are sarcastic?
and are you 16?

My username is a way to creat the vibes that my favroite player Pau Gasol will no longer be soft for the rest of the season. And the "16" is Pau Gasol's jersey number.

sunnydayin'zona
03-28-2010, 09:16 PM
oh, and if you want a really recent reference to who takes over games, watch the suns wolves game. amare is the only bright spot in this game of horrid play by the suns. particularly the bench.

sunnydayin'zona
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
My username is a way to creat the vibes that my favroite player Pau Gasol will no longer be soft for the rest of the season. And the "16" is Pau Gasol's jersey number.

oh, sorry i fail on the jersey number part.

and its understandable why somebody would think that you were not a gasol fan by having a username seemingly calling him soft. you'd think you were shaq or something;)

sunnydayin'zona
03-28-2010, 09:23 PM
amare just had a putback off of a missed nash 3 point attempt with 43 seconds left in the game, putting the suns ahead by 9, which was followed by the commentator calling him 'the best player in the nba following the allstar break.'

two posessions later, a steal by amare. a block by amare the next play. game over with 16.5 seconds left.

11 30-point games since the allstar break. 30-17 against al jefferson and kevin love today
1 game out of second place in the western conference.

but, bosh and gasol are better of course.

drobe86
03-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Bosh by a slight margin ... They both are great players and will make their mark in this league. Statistically Bosh is much better and has much less of a supporting cast. That being said, the Suns play in the west where its much deeper. At this stage I think they are both top 3 players at the PF position. I would want either guy on my team....

sunnydayin'zona
03-28-2010, 09:32 PM
so out of curiosity, anybody wanna rank their top 5 pf's?

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 09:42 PM
so out of curiosity, anybody wanna rank their top 5 pf's?

1. Pau Gasol
2. Chris Bosh
3. Tim Duncan
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Kevin Garnett

Shortys4711
03-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Gasol = 1 ring

Bosh = 0 rings

Amare = 0 rings

:facepalm:
So going by your theory Gasol is better than Lebron as well becuase he doesnt have a ring yet either, Hell I guess he was better than Charles Barkley too if thats the case. wow great thinking mate :clap:

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 09:50 PM
So going by your theory Gasol is better than Lebron as well becuase he doesnt have a ring yet either, Hell I guess he was better than Charles Barkley too if thats the case. wow great thinking mate :clap:

Well, if the Lakers win again this year.

Then it'll be Pau: 2

LeBron: 0

Shortys4711
03-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, if the Lakers win again this year.

Then it'll be Pau: 2

LeBron: 0

Well first off I dont think that the Lakers will go back to back but if by some how they do then it would be more like

Lebron = 0

and Kobe handing Gasol a thanks for participating championship ring.

But hey if Cavs do win then I guess anderson varejao will be better than Amare and Bosh too.

Shortys4711
03-28-2010, 10:07 PM
1. Pau Gasol
2. Chris Bosh
3. Tim Duncan
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Kevin Garnett

LOL so wrong you need to drop Pau off this list and replace it with Dirk. At this moment in the NBA Top 5 should look like this

1. Amare (sounds like im picking him coz im a suns fans but just check the stats and listen to anyone else that has seen him playing lately)
2. Dirk
3. Bosh
4. Duncan
5. Randolph

dodie53
03-28-2010, 10:14 PM
1. dirk
2. amare
3. bosh
4. duncan
5. kg

NYK_kidd77
03-28-2010, 10:29 PM
It is pretty close imo

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Well first off I dont think that the Lakers will go back to back but if by some how they do then it would be more like

Lebron = 0

and Kobe handing Gasol a thanks for participating championship ring.

But hey if Cavs do win then I guess anderson varejao will be better than Amare and Bosh too.

No because Anderson Varejao is a role player off the bench, not a perennial all-star like Pau Gasol who is capable of guarding the best big man on the opposing team (like he did against Dwight Howard in last yr's finals).

J$mo0th_3o5
03-28-2010, 10:33 PM
I think Amare is back! I really hope we sign him next year.

sunnydayin'zona
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
it kills me, but i may have to put duncan at first, since i heard he's having his best statistical year ever? i dont know. kg shouldn't be in the top 5 this year. and dirk could be considered a sf

JNA17
03-28-2010, 10:46 PM
So you're all about flash, but not substance... in the words of Vince Carter: "Dunking is Overrated".

what do you expect, all cavs fans love flash.

heatking
03-28-2010, 10:48 PM
In my opinion you cant go wrong with either, they are both good in their own way. But i have seen amare dominate games more than bosh, while bosh is more consistant.

MacFitz92
03-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I'd personally take A'mare. His athleticism is too much to pass on.

ryder78c
03-28-2010, 11:21 PM
GaSoft16 How Old Are You like 14?

championships dont make good players....Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley,Reggie miller,Lebron James(most likely will after his careers up), Patrick Ewing,Allen Iverson, Elgin Baylor,Jason Kidd,Shawn Kemp, Pete maravich , Dominique Wilkins, all - zero rings

Gasol is lucky he got traded to LA or he would also have none!

Gasol's ring was a gift From KOBE......Gasol on memphis couldnt even get past the first round!

MacFitz92
03-28-2010, 11:22 PM
I just watched some ESPN hilights. It verified my choice. A'mare is a man among boys, good god.

MacFitz92
03-28-2010, 11:24 PM
No because Anderson Varejao is a role player off the bench, not a perennial all-star like Pau Gasol who is capable of guarding the best big man on the opposing team (like he did against Dwight Howard in last yr's finals).

Pau Gasol is the epitome of pussys. He plays defense with his tail between his legs.

ryder78c
03-28-2010, 11:36 PM
I think Amare is back! I really hope we sign him next year.

Dont worry im about 95% sure Amare will be in MIA next season Wade will get him to go to miami and before the deadline amare said he wants to go to MIA

I can see MIA trying to sign Ilgauskas or Haywood

Mia
C-
PF Amare
SF Beasley
SG Wade
PG Chalmers

mrblisterdundee
03-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Chris Bosh is the better player. Amare isn't a 20 and 10 power forward; Bosh is. Bosh is also a better passer than Amare, along with being a better shooter. Amare is the better dunker. Overall, Bosh is the more refined basketball player.

ryder78c
03-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Chris Bosh is the better player. Amare isn't a 20 and 10 power forward; Bosh is. Bosh is also a better passer than Amare, along with being a better shooter. Amare is the better dunker. Overall, Bosh is the more refined basketball player.

but Bosh isnt Very Vocal with teammates it seems.....but bosh is the better player not by much though

sventhedog
03-29-2010, 02:46 AM
amare can't defend and rebound consistently but bosh isn't as dominant a scorer amare is. bosh will be a better player.

ManChild
03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Amare has been defending and rebounding consistently lately.

mikantsass
03-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Amare, he is a beast. He's a power player versus Bosh who is a finesse player.

miller74
03-29-2010, 11:38 AM

I dont know where heres carrying them but i dont think its a good place.
And the Raptors have 5 players who average more than 10 points, so hes got some help

D1JM
03-29-2010, 11:52 AM
amare can play pick and roll like a beast that is why nash gives him a lot of passes. Its not Amare fault that he has more mobility than other PF in the paint. Bosh became more of a jump shooter and is lacking more under the post game.

hvg
03-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Bosh for 80% of the teams in the NBA. His post-up game is much better than Amare's. Amare for phoenix/new york or other teams looking to play up-tempo, since Amare's the better athlete/finisher.

jackdawson
03-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Amare is fun to watch, much more dominant than Bosh. However, he is less consistent, and more injury prone than Bosh. So I will go with a consistent player like Bosh.

clehmun
03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Amare is fun to watch, much more dominant than Bosh. However, he is less consistent, and more injury prone than Bosh. So I will go with a consistent player like Bosh.

I like Bosh better than amare, but no way is amare more injury prone than Bosh.
Amare plays 75+ games on most years. he's had two major injuries (knee? which he made his comeback, and eyes which i don't really consider as an "injury prone" injury).
i'm not saying bosh is extremely prone to injuries, but he has consistently miss around 10 games every year he's been in the league (other than his 2nd year).

tjlipford
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Give me Amare. Ever since the All star break he has been showing why teams should have showed more interest in trying to acquire him. He is on a terror.

ManChild
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Bosh always begins to break down both physically and mentally when the NBA season is coming to a close.

ldc62
03-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Bosh always begins to break down both physically and mentally when the NBA season is coming to a close.

+1.

Im beginning to really hate Bosh and his jump shot happiness.

SunsFanIam
03-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Did you guys not see when Nash was out with back strains. They had dragic playing point and Amar'e still dominated. His post game has improved alot this year and his defence has gotten way better than Bosh's. I know it sounds Homer but if I had to pick Amar'e or Bosh. I'd go with Amar'e. He is playing basketball like a beast right now.

miller74
03-29-2010, 04:04 PM
+1.

Im beginning to really hate Bosh and his jump shot happiness.

that happens when ur soft, start to settle

Punkindrublic03
03-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I think Shaq summed it up best when he said:

"Chris Bosh is the Rupaul of NBA big men"

pacofunk64
03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Amare gets my vote.

ManChild
03-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Chris Bosh on the Bulls would still be a huge improvement.

ldc62
03-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Chris Bosh on the Bulls would still be a huge improvement.

Agree, I want the Bulls to get him.

I think Shaq summed it up best when he said:

"Chris Bosh is the Rupaul of NBA big men"
I'm sorry not everyone can be fat like Shaq.

basketfan4life
03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
amare,when he plays up to his potentiol like now, he is hard to believe...his best years are better than bosh's,i see him going to miami to play with wade,and that will be the number 1 team in the east for 4-5 years.

Matrix3132
03-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Amare has had Nash feeding him but Amare has also had to share shots with other good players on winning teams whereas Bosh's whole career has been as the only legit option on pretty mediocre/bad teams.

KG2TB
03-29-2010, 08:06 PM

This is all correct.