PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Get the 8th Seed in the East? Raptors or Bulls?

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 03:57 AM
Bulls or Raptors?

Toronto Raptors (35-36)

MARCH OPPONENT TIME (ET) TV LOCAL TV RESOURCES
Sun, Mar 28 @ Miami 6:00 PM Raptors TV Tickets | Travel
Mon, Mar 29 @ Charlotte 7:00 PM TSN Tickets | Travel
Wed, Mar 31 LA Clippers 7:00 PM TSN2 Tickets | Travel
APRIL OPPONENT TIME (ET) TV LOCAL TV RESOURCES
Sat, Apr 3 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM TSN Tickets | Travel
Sun, Apr 4 Golden State 6:00 PM TSN Tickets | Travel
Tue, Apr 6 @ Cleveland 7:00 PM TSN Tickets | Travel
Wed, Apr 7 Boston 7:00 PM TSN2 Tickets | Travel
Fri, Apr 9 @ Atlanta 7:30 PM TSN Tickets | Travel
Sun, Apr 11 Chicago 6:00 PM TSN Tickets | Travel
Mon, Apr 12 @ Detroit 7:30 PM NBA TV Tickets | Travel
Wed, Apr 14 NY Knicks 8:00 PM The SCORE national television Tickets | Travel

Chicago Bulls (34-38)

MARCH OPPONENT TIME (ET) TV LOCAL TV RESOURCES
Sun, Mar 28 @ Detroit 6:00 PM Comcast Sports Chicago Tickets | Travel
Tue, Mar 30 Phoenix 8:00 PM WCIU Tickets | Travel
APRIL OPPONENT TIME (ET) TV LOCAL TV RESOURCES
Fri, Apr 2 @ Washington 7:00 PM CSCP Tickets | Travel
Sat, Apr 3 Charlotte 8:00 PM NBA TV WGNAmerica Tickets | Travel
Tue, Apr 6 Milwaukee 8:00 PM WGN Tickets | Travel
Thu, Apr 8 Cleveland 8:00 PM TNT Tickets | Travel
Fri, Apr 9 @ New Jersey 8:00 PM Comcast Sports Chicago Tickets | Travel
Sun, Apr 11 @ Toronto 6:00 PM WCIU Tickets | Travel
Tue, Apr 13 Boston 8:00 PM TNT Tickets | Travel
Wed, Apr 14 @ Charlotte 8:00 PM Comcast Sports Chicago Tickets | Travel

Public Enemy #1
03-28-2010, 04:17 AM
^Megan Fox over Bulls and Raptors :)

Public Enemy #1
03-28-2010, 04:18 AM
In all seriousness I would say the Raptors because they have a healthier team and an easier schedule ending the season.

Ebbs
03-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Raptors!

jackdawson
03-28-2010, 04:27 AM
Both have equal shots imo. There are still too many games left for the judgemenr, but it's gonna be a close battle.

iggypop123
03-28-2010, 04:27 AM
does it matter? why line up for rape?

ldc62
03-28-2010, 04:32 AM

2 home games to make $....

ldc62
03-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Raptors will get it. They would be more competitive vs. Cavs than the Bulls. But a potential Noah knocking Lebron James head off is intriguing...

abe_froman
03-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Raptors will get it. They would be more competitive vs. Cavs than the Bulls. But a potential Noah knocking Lebron James head off is intriguing...

maybe so but is that your reason as for why they get it???

anyways,bulls most likely

ldc62
03-28-2010, 04:46 AM
maybe so but is that your reason as for why they get it???

anyways,bulls most likely

Raptors have easier schedule and are 1.5 games ahead. As you can see, I put Bosh and Rose on my fave 5... so I kinda like both teams. I guess its arguable, but I think Raptors have more talent.

lggydelphia
03-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Raptors should hold on to it.

DeyAce
03-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Bulls all day... Raps don't deserve it

abraves90
03-28-2010, 12:18 PM

If the raptors don't deserve it how on earth do the bulls deserve it??? The raptors area better team considering the bulls threw away this season to try and get lebron or wade and they won't get either...The bulls don't deserve to make or miss the playoffs any more than the raptors...nonetheless, the raptors will be the team in the playoffs while the bulls watch from home and swap picks with milwaukee

NYYCowboys
03-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Knicks lol

DeyAce
03-28-2010, 12:37 PM
If the raptors don't deserve it how on earth do the bulls deserve it??? The raptors area better team considering the bulls threw away this season to try and get lebron or wade and they won't get either...The bulls don't deserve to make or miss the playoffs any more than the raptors...nonetheless, the raptors will be the team in the playoffs while the bulls watch from home and swap picks with milwaukee

I'm gonna come back in this post and laugh at you hard when the Bulls get that 8th seed.

JordansBulls
03-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Charlotte. Bulls will get the 7th seed.

Sadds The Gr8
03-28-2010, 12:47 PM

This.

Kakaroach
03-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Both teams are playing pretty bad right now, but since the Raptors have the slight edge right now they might finish with the 8 playoff seed.

Raph12
03-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Easily the Raps, but either way, both are looking at 1st round exits in a best-case scenario.

ecorrea
03-28-2010, 12:58 PM
no homer, i think bulls take it, and if they do i think they give cavs a run for it. obv cavs win, but my boy JJ d'ed up james last game. bulls almost squeaked out a win without rose, noah, and deng. pretty sure deng would be out for the playoffs, but lets say bulls do get the 8th seed, that means they finished the season with a full head of steam. rose and noah have both looked very promising together at full health. f lbj unless hes comin to chi.

ldc62
03-28-2010, 01:14 PM
If the Bulls do make it, I hope Noah shows Lebron what happens when you dance like a fool.

ecorrea
03-28-2010, 01:29 PM
If the Bulls do make it, I hope Noah shows Lebron what happens when you dance like a fool.

agreed. i think this could be an entertaining series for 4 or 5 games... a full strength rose and noah could steal a couple games i think, or at least keep it competitive. maybe throw in a noah droppin lebron on his *** and it would be well worth the bulls snaggin the 8th seed.

Kyben36
03-28-2010, 01:30 PM
I think the bulls will make it ( not just a homer call ) their schedule is easier, and we are only in the 9th seed because our 3 best players have been out, whats the raps excuse.

td0tsfinest
03-28-2010, 01:38 PM

quite confident are you. 4 games back of 7th with 10 games left. Ye, I don't see that happening.

If Bulls make the playoffs, it's going to be 8th, nothing higher.

GodsSon
03-28-2010, 02:09 PM
knicks lol

+1

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 02:22 PM
I think Chicago makes it, but they get swept by Cleveland.

coloradobuff
03-28-2010, 02:29 PM
bulls..raptors dont play d

GodsSon
03-28-2010, 02:31 PM
bulls..raptors dont play d

We just held the 3rd highest scoring team in the L to 97 points...while also keeping Billups and Anthony in check

jetsforever
03-28-2010, 02:35 PM

How can a team not deserve to make the playoffs if they have the better record and are higher in the standings? Such stupid logic

Hopefully the Raps can hold on. It's been a rough span but they should be able to pull it together (:pray:)

deuces
03-28-2010, 02:38 PM
nets

smith&wesson
03-28-2010, 02:51 PM

skinny noah knocking off james head ? james the guy who looks like he could be in the wwe ? i dont think so man.
lol

tjlipford
03-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Its gonna be a quick and unsatisfying exit for either one of these teams if they get the 8th seed. They will be very disappointed.

If I was them I would really be working hard to get the higher seed because they will get swept when they play us

tjlipford
03-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Noah better move out the way if he see Lebron coming because he will be part of another ESPN highlight by LB.

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Noah better move out the way if he see Lebron coming because he will be part of another ESPN highlight by LB.

LeBron is a very unsportmanlike athlete. He needs to learn to grow up.

mr_relevant
03-28-2010, 04:32 PM
It's going to be the Raptors. That way, Hedo can play spoiler to cleaveland again.

SDBearsFan
03-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Even though it's technically a game and half difference, in essence it's 2.5 because the Raptors hold the tie breaker.

I love my Bulls, but I think Toronto will hang on...

SDBearsFan
03-28-2010, 04:36 PM

Yeah, the end of Lebron's career cuz that ***** will get knocked on his ***. :D

ecorrea
03-28-2010, 08:56 PM
bulls 1/2 game out with a little bit more tough of a schedule

Slimsim
03-28-2010, 09:09 PM
can i change my vote to the bulls

D Roses Bulls
03-28-2010, 10:18 PM
with the way the raps are playing and look like they just dont care, i dont know. i think the bulls can pull it out. especially if deng gets healthy and noah is becoming more healthy along with rose. so we shall see, but ill take my team, the bulls, to edge out the raps

young_soldier
03-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Its gonna be a quick and unsatisfying exit for either one of these teams if they get the 8th seed. They will be very disappointed.

If I was them I would really be working hard to get the higher seed because they will get swept when they play us

I would rather play Cleveland than Orlando, Atlanta or Boston.
The raptors have always been dominated by all three of these while playing against Cleveland, they have actually shown flashes of brilliance once in a while.

young_soldier
03-28-2010, 10:48 PM
LeBron is a very unsportmanlike athlete. He needs to learn to grow up.

Lebron is also the best player in the NBA short of mabye Kobe.
When you are that good no one cares.

Strumpy
03-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Doesn't matter, Cavs steamroll either team in first round.

-Big-Baby-
03-28-2010, 11:36 PM

lol so true. raptors are going to get raped by cleveland they don't stand a chance. after today's game in miami im questioning bosh's play lately. i don't think hes worth the max contract imo. let him go to chi, or miami, or ny, or nj. but if bosh leaves we should build around derozan and bargnani and turkoglu.

koreancabbage
03-29-2010, 12:33 AM
lol so true. raptors are going to get raped by cleveland they don't stand a chance. after today's game in miami im questioning bosh's play lately. i don't think hes worth the max contract imo. let him go to chi, or miami, or ny, or nj. but if bosh leaves we should build around derozan and bargnani and turkoglu.

cringe :speechless:

kpjets
03-29-2010, 12:46 AM
i am a bulls fan and who cares

sargon21
03-29-2010, 01:01 AM
ur obv not a real bulls fan if u dont care, and the bulls should get it, the raps are playing soo bad right now

Sadds The Gr8
03-29-2010, 01:16 AM
2 Weeks ago I woulda said raps EASILY. Now, the Raps are so ****ing bad that I expect Chicago to take it from them. What a piss off.

GSW Hoops
03-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Raptors seem hungrier at the moment. They're losing a lot of close games but they're fighting tooth and nail every night. Tough loss tonight though, they had that game in their hands with about 2 minutes to go...

chitownbears89
03-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Raptors seem hungrier at the moment. They're losing a lot of close games but they're fighting tooth and nail every night. Tough loss tonight though, they had that game in their hands with about 2 minutes to go...

How are they hungrier? They are losing games left and right. They are letting teams come back even when they have a big lead. The bulls are still in the mix even after losing their top 3 players and losing 9 straight. And now with noah back they are looking good. JJ had some decent min. and he looks good. Granted the last two wins were against the nets and pistons. But I believe they can get the 8th spot.

GSW Hoops
03-29-2010, 02:15 AM
How are they hungrier? They are losing games left and right. They are letting teams come back even when they have a big lead. The bulls are still in the mix even after losing their top 3 players and losing 9 straight. And now with noah back they are looking good. JJ had some decent min. and he looks good. Granted the last two wins were against the nets and pistons. But I believe they can get the 8th spot.

I didn't say they were a good team, just hungrier :) They've been battling every night and at least 2 or 3 games recently could have gone their way. Meanwhile the Bulls are getting blown out by 30 on national TV and have looked listless at times this season.

The Bulls are a better team overall IMO, but injuries have hurt them all season. With Toronto's slim lead, I think Toronto gets the 8th spot.

PrestigeWldWde
03-29-2010, 02:22 AM

Because considering all of the injury problems the Bulls have gone through, and only being 1.5 games back, they deserve it. Rose is back healthy, and Noah says he's close to 100%. This isn't the Raptors year...and realistically, it probably never will be.

D1JM
03-29-2010, 02:24 AM
funny how everyone says the cavs would steam roll the bulls. If I remember, they said that last year about the celtics steamrolling the bulls too

D1JM
03-29-2010, 02:25 AM

you call being hungry giving up double digit lead in the fourth hungry. Bosh dont give a **** no more. All he cares is that Max Pay coming July 1st.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2010, 02:38 AM
Message to raps fans:Say goodbye to Bosh

Sadds The Gr8
03-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Message to raps fans:Say goodbye to Bosh

I already said bye since November.

abe_froman
03-29-2010, 02:50 AM
you call being hungry giving up double digit lead in the fourth hungry. Bosh dont give a **** no more. All he cares is that Max Pay coming July 1st.

and i think you could say that about more than just him,which is sad,especially if your a rap fan

bigsams50
03-29-2010, 05:58 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

akagiredsuns
03-29-2010, 07:38 AM

the bulls lost 9 in a row cus they were without rose, noah, and deng during the losing streak. gibson missed a few games as well. so it was a tough losing streak to weather. the raptors are a team that have no excuse. they added turkoglu and u think they should have been a solid 5 seed at least. the fact the bulls lost 9 straight and can still get in just shows how weak the east still is since jordan left the bulls. the bulls are expected to struggle and be a .500 team at best. the raptors are a joke. they dont deserve it. they have been an embarrassment and disappointment. how can u say the bulls dont deserve it when half the starting lineup was out? grow a brain. :facepalm:

effen5
03-29-2010, 08:40 AM

How did we throw this season away? We got bombarded with injuries, lost 10 straight all without noah, half without noah and deng and half without noah and rose, and we are still a half game back. What does that say about the raptors? A team that is relatively healthy?

effen5
03-29-2010, 08:46 AM
the bulls lost 9 in a row cus they were without rose, noah, and deng during the losing streak. gibson missed a few games as well. so it was a tough losing streak to weather. the raptors are a team that have no excuse. they added turkoglu and u think they should have been a solid 5 seed at least. the fact the bulls lost 9 straight and can still get in just shows how weak the east still is since jordan left the bulls. the bulls are expected to struggle and be a .500 team at best. the raptors are a joke. they dont deserve it. they have been an embarrassment and disappointment. how can u say the bulls dont deserve it when half the starting lineup was out? grow a brain. :facepalm:

I mean for **** sake we had a lineup of pargo, flip, jj, gibson, and miller. We could win 10 straight with that lineup right?
:rolleyes:

PrestigeWldWde
03-29-2010, 01:56 PM
How did we throw this season away? We got bombarded with injuries, lost 10 straight all without noah, half without noah and deng and half without noah and rose, and we are still a half game back. What does that say about the raptors? A team that is relatively healthy?

Damn you're good.:clap:

clehmun
03-29-2010, 02:11 PM
i'm a raptor fan, and i'll say the bulls deserves a playoff spot more than the raptors. but that doesn't mean anything. at the end the raptors will be the 8th seed, simply because they have the better team (with all the injuries bulls have).

thescore53
03-29-2010, 02:15 PM
umm listen up idiots raptors have no excuses ?? if you didnt notice a superstar in chris bosh who was carrying us the whole season goes down just before a huge west conf road trip then bosh returns and isnt himself still feeling the affects of the injuries, so dont say raptors dont have excuses

goodfromdeep
03-29-2010, 02:19 PM
If the Bulls can put a health team on the floor they they well get it. All depends on if Noah, Gibson, Deng and Rose can play the rest of the way.

clehmun
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
umm listen up idiots raptors have no excuses ?? if you didnt notice a superstar in chris bosh who was carrying us the whole season goes down just before a huge west conf road trip then bosh returns and isnt himself still feeling the affects of the injuries, so dont say raptors dont have excuses

you're totally right, that's an excuse. so you're happy about the way raptors are playing because of those excuses?

in reality, calderon, and turk, haven't been playing up to standards IMO. reggie evans haven't made that "toughness" impact as much as we wanted (injury). And bargnani, although steadily growing, didn't make enough of a jump to bring the raps to promiseland. derozan is what we all expected (potential), and didn't give us the pleasant surprises that daren collison, curry, tyreke, jennings, holiday, gibson, thornton, gave their respective teams. (derozan didn't even make it to the rookie all-star game).

bosh missing a mere 7 games isn't quite the excuse. not when you have the bulls who played a majority of their 2nd half of the season without their big three (four): rose, noah, deng, (salmons). without deng, how much does the bulls miss salmons?

Nighthawk
03-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I hope Chicago gets in.

I HATE toronto

Bob_at_york
03-29-2010, 02:27 PM
I HATE toronto
why is that?

GaSoft16
03-29-2010, 02:29 PM

I think with your playoff hopes on the line, and it could potentially be the last few days seeing Chris Bosh in a Raptors uniform (if they don't make playoffs), that should initiate a sense of urgency. Overcomimg all obstacles is what a real team is all about. Who cares if Raptors get swept in the first rd by Cleveland, at least they will have made it to the playoffs, but those chances are now decreasing. Overcoming injuries is the name of the game, and even if Bosh isn't physically 100%, he has to play through it and be an all-around leader if he even wants to be mentioned in the draft class of 2003 elites like LeBron, Wade and Melo.

tjlipford
03-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Chicago when healthy u can see there potential. They will be good.
Toronto even when healthy dont show me anything. They just plain stink.

GaSoft16
03-29-2010, 02:31 PM
why is that?

I think he means that Chicago will be a more competitive 8th seed to face Cleveland than Toronto. If Toronto gets that 8th seed, they will be swept because they will be overmatched and overwhelmed by the Cavs.

blams
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Really? Who was the idiot that said the raptors have the better team? The only reason the Bulls aren't in the 6th seed or better is because Rose, a very, very good PG, Deng, a solid player, Noah, a good center, and 80 other players have gotten injured.

The Bulls would be at least the 6th if they stayed healthy.

However- the Raptors right now are better than the depleted Bulls- barely.

xBLAMEITON24x
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Toronto.

GaSoft16
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Really? Who was the idiot that said the raptors have the better team? The only reason the Bulls aren't in the 6th seed or better is because Rose, a very, very good PG, Deng, a solid player, Noah, a good center, and 80 other players have gotten injured.

The Bulls would be at least the 6th if they stayed healthy.

However- the Raptors right now are better than the depleted Bulls- barely.

And they also traded away one of their scoring pieces at the trade deadline in John Salmons to get salary cap relief.

I think most Raptors fans just won't admit that though Chris Bosh is a talented player who can take over a game, he simply is not a leader. And also, the signing of Hedo Turkoglu was the biggest FA signing bust this season.

LRizzle
03-29-2010, 02:37 PM
I think on April 10th, CHI will be in the 8th seed, and then they'll play each other on the 11th, and then TOR has two easy games, meanwhile CHI has tough ones. If TOR can win that game, and win their last 3 games, and CHI likely drops 2 or 3 of their last 3 games, TOR takes it. If not, it's CHI's.

I'm rooting for the Raptors (as a Heat fan), simply because I want their first rounder(they need to make the playoffs), and Bosh, and the Bulls missing the playoffs couldn't possibly entice Wade even remotely. And I hate the Bulls for trading away Salmons and making MIL a heck of a team all of a sudden. And for several other reasons. :)

Bob_at_york
03-29-2010, 02:38 PM
I think he means that Chicago will be a more competitive 8th seed to face Cleveland than Toronto. If Toronto gets that 8th seed, they will be swept because they will be overmatched and overwhelmed by the Cavs.

didn't sound like that was what he was saying. But on the subject, what makes you think that? Both teams are 1-2 against the Cavs with one game against them remaining.

abe_froman
03-29-2010, 02:39 PM
I think most Raptors fans just won't admit that though Chris Bosh is a talented player who can take over a game, he simply is not a leader. And also, the signing of Hedo Turkoglu was the biggest FA signing bust this season.

i dont know about that,sure there are still some like that but lately i've seen more and more raptor fans being of that mindset

DLeeicious
03-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Both teams suck hard right now. If the Bulls can get healthy it is not arguable who is a better team, Toronto is just a mess at the moment. It is going to be very close, normally I would be somewhat indifferent but this year I REALLY want the Bulls to get in because it won't affect their draft pick at all (unless of course they luckbox a top 3 again).

JordansBulls
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM
We have the guy who defends Lebron the best in the league in Deng and we also have never lost a series to the Cavs with or without the better record.

KH12
03-29-2010, 04:16 PM
We have the guy who defends Lebron the best in the league in Deng and we also have never lost a series to the Cavs with or without the better record.

That doesn't mean anything.

DLeeicious
03-29-2010, 04:16 PM

That and $1 can get us a cup of coffee before the series. Don't tell me you think that a stat like that has any significance whatsoever...

DLeeicious
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
lol nice timing KH12 we even bolded the same part. After I clicked post I saw your name and was confused as if I logged into PSD on your name somehow. haha

ldc62
04-01-2010, 12:49 AM

So? There's a first time for everything.... or not since it seems unlikely that the Bulls will be making the playoffs.

faridk89
04-01-2010, 09:59 AM
all you bums that are hating.....whats up? lol and charlie V is the biggest signing bust not the big turk

Raps18-19 Champ
04-01-2010, 10:05 AM
I'll sig bet any Chicago fan that the Raptors will make the playoffs.

Cool007
04-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I'll sig bet any Chicago fan that the Raptors will make the playoffs.

Ofcourse they will.

If Bulls were healthy, then I would definitely take that bet.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Ofcourse they will.

If Bulls were healthy, then I would definitely take that bet.

Raptors had their share of injuries.

I'm pretty sure 1-9 in the 10 games Bosh wasn't around.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bulls arent healthy waaaaaaaaaaaaa go cry a damn river for heavens sakes LMAO even if you were healthy you cant catch up were catching our stride again

Bob_at_york
04-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Raptors had their share of injuries.

I'm pretty sure 1-9 in the 10 games Bosh wasn't around.

they won at least two without bosh.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-01-2010, 10:29 AM
they won at least two without bosh.

Either way, we were **** without Bosh.

theimortalone
04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I think the Raptors will get it. The Bulls are really struggling right now.

alchemist0123
04-02-2010, 02:06 AM

i know the raps dont deserve it and bosh is gonna leave but, but the bulls they are a whole 'nother mess. if the raps shoot the lights out, which they might againts cleveland i dunooo= lebron+early movie shoot (lbj+nyk wink, wink)

Sadds The Gr8
04-02-2010, 02:20 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bulls arent healthy waaaaaaaaaaaaa go cry a damn river for heavens sakes LMAO even if you were healthy you cant catch up were catching our stride again

lmao:laugh2:

Kyben36
04-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Raps are up 2 games, we play eachother 1 more time, whoever wins is the best team. if the bulls can come back from 3 games down, so be it ( 3 becasue in order for us to win, we must not tie, Toronto owns tie breaker.

tredigs
04-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Raps are up 2 games, we play eachother 1 more time, whoever wins is the best team. if the bulls can come back from 3 games down, so be it ( 3 becasue in order for us to win, we must not tie, Toronto owns tie breaker.

Toronto owns the tie breaker too? It's game over. Barring a meltdown, Raptors are in.

Raptors are up two games with 8 to go, and I just checked their schedules... the Raptors is a lot easier.

BlinkManJan02
04-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Knicks lol

hahaha! i found that pretty funny.

back to the thread, i think the raptors will get it.