PDA

View Full Version : The Seattle Sonics need YOU

Punkindrublic03
03-27-2010, 06:57 PM
The Seattle SuperSonics need your help. Please visit http://sonicsgate.organd make a donation to send the documentary film - Sonicsgate: A Requiem for a Team, to NYC, AKA NBA headquarters. This is our chance to stand up, unite, and come together as fans of the Sonics franchise... to let David Stern know that we aren't going anywhere, and we will not go away.

The goal of SONICSGATE is to reach $1,500 in donations in order to send the film to NYC to be screened by ESPN and the International Film Press. As of right now, there is more then $500 donated. If you find it within yourself to do something to help a suffering fan base of a late NBA franchise, this is your chance.

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD AND PLEDGE! Please donate just $1 if you can to the SONICSGATE fund... this can really go a long way in helping restore the SuperSonics legacy to the Pacific North West.

Plus, depending on the amount of your donation, the dudes at SONICSGATE will hook you up with some free gifts! Awesome! Please help my favorite sports franchise of all time make a comeback!! Thank you so much to any of you who support the Sonics and donate - LONG LIVE THE SONICS!!!!!!!!!!!

thescore53
03-27-2010, 07:09 PM
and thunder fans what do you think about this

mysteryman463
03-27-2010, 07:11 PM
After the way the THUNDER are showing and the fan support they get in OKC. Seattle has 0 chance for another NBA team. Yall could never support the team and now they are gone and its we want the Sonics back.

mysteryman463
03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Also you ca say Clay Bennett sucks or David Stern, but they took a joke of a franchise and tunrned it into a franchise that just spanked the Lakers and is a serious contender.

BravoKnights
03-27-2010, 07:19 PM
they are not a serious contender lmao....seattle deserves a team, it was wrong of the NBA to do that to seattle

Wisdom Listens
03-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Seattle will get another team eventually, but it will not be the Sonics. It's time for their fans to move on and accept the loss.

bigsams50
03-27-2010, 07:37 PM
As much as i would love for Seattle to have an NBA team, i'm not gonna donate any money

drew_ellis_23
03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
City didnt support the team? Get your facts right dip**it. I supported that team for years. Clay bought the team with the intentions of moving it. I still went to games when they were losing. Arena was crap and had Clay wanted to he could have worked with the city and got it remodeled. He proposed an extravagent over the top proposal and new it wouldnt get passed so he could move the team. City of Seattle didnt help much either. I think Seattle will never get a team again. OKC has the Thunder, and I dont see them going anywhere. Do you want to see Sac, Charlotte, or some other team get moved and repeat the process, or even better, a expansion team? Nope. Just drive on down I5 and watch Mr Sonic Nate McMillan lead Washington native B Roy and the Trail Blazers to a title. I have been watching them and I am hooked. Rather watch them then some replacement Sonics. I follow the Thunder too as many of the players there were drafted in Seattle and I will never forget what was, but it will never be again so let it die. Why watse your money? Sonics arent coming back. Wasnt enough diehard fans to support the team. People would go no prob when they were winning, but the couple tough years are what cost the team. Seahawks have been horrible the last 3 years and charge way to much for tickets but they still sell out. Where were you guys for the Sonics? I live in Portland and I made the drive when I could to see the Sonics, and I see 10 games a year for the Mariners. That is my .02 cents

BradyIsTheMan12
03-27-2010, 07:44 PM
I feel bad for the Sonics fans. They have to watch what should have been theirs in Kevin Durant play for OKC.

Wisdom Listens
03-27-2010, 07:49 PM
There is no doubt the Sonics move to Oklahoma City was a shady process. It's in the past, however, and no good can be done by dwelling on it.

smith&wesson
03-27-2010, 08:10 PM
didnt seatle reserve the right to the franchise name "supersonics" and thats why okc's team is call the thunder. other wise okc would be called the super sonics similar to how the hornets went from charlotte to new orleans.

if seatle gets an nba team again they will be calle the supersonics.
thats crazy!!

i hope they get a team.. its sad that they drafted durant and then lost the team. i remember the sonics mostly for the payton & kemp days.

magichatnumber9
03-27-2010, 08:10 PM
If North Carolina got another franchise then Seattle can get a new one.

ryder78c
03-27-2010, 08:15 PM
man people are idiots! OKC thunder isnt what people want okc can have the thunder seattle just want basketball back the city aint the same without Bball...that bein said it doesnt matter to me if the sonics name comes back to seattle just get a team back here like the clippers, LA has the lakers they dont need another team theres no point to me specially when Clippers are no where close to as good as the lakers! Seattle needs to upgrade the KeyArena....im a longtime blazers fan who has lived in PO most of my life ive lived in seattle for about 6months now and a few years when i was younger and this city CHANGED WITHOUT EM the sonics were my 2nd favorite team seattle just needs a owner who cares! who honestly would be upset that the clippers are gone to seattle? all the lil bit of clippers fans who have a good team to root for they just dont!

wileyisTOFU
03-27-2010, 08:15 PM
its a shame to, such beautiful jerseys and old school logo... sigh

But seriously, The league is just now starting to get over the over-expansion we went though and the talent level actually some what matches the number of teams we have. If anything we should be retracting teams that dont even try to win

SeoulBeatz
03-27-2010, 08:36 PM
As much as i would love for Seattle to have an NBA team, i'm not gonna donate any money

yeah i liked the sonics but, hell no.

donate your money to people that actually NEED it.

haiti? maybe ur local soup kitchen?

masalex1205
03-27-2010, 08:48 PM
If North Carolina got another franchise then Seattle can get a new one.

Yeah because the Hornets moved b/c of lack of fan support and not because of George Shinn:rolleyes:

topdog
03-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Seriously, I don't think any of the posters who are saying "get over it" are fans of smaller market teams. Losing your team in a small market always is a possibility and gets rumored every once in awhile. It's not that there aren't hardcore fans, but they can buy every ticket and go to every game. Do we deserve teams any less because our pockets aren't as deep?

But I don't see this cause as worthy of my money... sorry

Wisdom Listens
03-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Seriously, I don't think any of the posters who are saying "get over it" are fans of smaller market teams.

You know I'm a Wolves fan right?

BosoxPapi61
03-27-2010, 09:23 PM
no

KeithLBC
03-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't care about Seattle's teams (or ex teams) and there's no way I donate money for this.

Ethix11
03-27-2010, 09:45 PM
The city of Seattle´s fanbase alone should be able to come up with a measley $1500. It sucks for Seattle since they were one of the coolest teams in the West. I hope to see that documentary on ESPN someday.

jimbobjarree
03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Seattle will get another team eventually, but it will not be the Sonics. It's time for their fans to move on and except the loss.

yeah nice use of the word 'accept' there

Valkyrie
03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
How about the Clippers can just move to Seattle instead

Its stupid that 2 teams play in the same arena

Clippers need to get out of the Lakers shadows and leave LA

ryder78c
03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
How about the Clippers can just move to Seattle instead

Its stupid that 2 teams play in the same arena

Clippers need to get out of the Lakers shadows and leave LA

exactly what i said! Clippers can move nobody would bat a eye! its the clippers they deserve there own fan base and seattle deserves there own team! clippers is a horrible name anyway what's a clipper besides to cut hair??

asandhu23
03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
scam!!!!

Preuss-is-right
03-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Seattle will get another team eventually, but it will not be the Sonics. It's time for their fans to move on and except the loss.

Actually if Seattle ever does get another team it will be the Sonics, hence the name change to the Thunder. All of the Sonics records and acolades stays in Seattle.

Preuss-is-right
03-27-2010, 10:10 PM
exactly what i said! Clippers can move nobody would bat a eye! its the clippers they deserve there own fan base and seattle deserves there own team! clippers is a horrible name anyway what's a clipper besides to cut hair??

Clipper Ship dude. http://library.thinkquest.org/17297/clipper.JPG
Please tell me you seriously didnt think the Clippers were named after a hair cutting device? I suppose it's not that far off hand since the Knickerbockers are named after a style of pants. halfways sorry to yas I guess.

Preuss-is-right
03-27-2010, 10:17 PM
its a shame to, such beautiful jerseys and old school logo... sigh

But seriously, The league is just now starting to get over the over-expansion we went though and the talent level actually some what matches the number of teams we have. If anything we should be retracting teams that dont even try to win

I agree to an extent. I want to agree that the league just doesnt have enough talent to keep expanding but we keep finding diamonds across seas. Theres quite a condary, do you keep the masses happy and take the chance at making a whole league's already impoverished fundamental skill level decrease or not? I do see more teams on the way...Seattle is one, Vancouver is another. Whether it's by expansion or contraction is anyone's guess. Mine would be contraction right now though.

Westbrook36
03-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Seattle was robbed of a team, but I don't see any new teams being added to the NBA with this economy.

They must be really mad with the way Jeff Green/Westbrook/Kevin Durant have played this season..Could have been all in Seattle

GodsSon
03-27-2010, 11:19 PM
I don't care about Seattle's teams (or ex teams) and there's no way I donate money for this.

Then why the **** are you posting in this thread? To try and bait people?...I watched SonicsGate and thought it was very well put together and showed the lament that hardcore Sonics fans went through...as for the donation, 1500$ is essentially peanuts in the grand scheme of things, can't 1500 Sonics fans be rounded up to donate 1$ a piece?

Evolution23
03-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Man i remember the days of Payton and Kemp.. I agree bring back the NBA to Seattle!

Wisdom Listens
03-28-2010, 12:47 AM
yeah nice use of the word 'accept' there

We all make mistakes.

Wisdom Listens
03-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Actually if Seattle ever does get another team it will be the Sonics, hence the name change to the Thunder. All of the Sonics records and acolades stays in Seattle.

What I meant was they would not inherit the actual team which left for Oklahoma City. But you are right, of course.

valade16
03-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Seriously, I don't think any of the posters who are saying "get over it" are fans of smaller market teams. Losing your team in a small market always is a possibility and gets rumored every once in awhile. It's not that there aren't hardcore fans, but they can buy every ticket and go to every game. Do we deserve teams any less because our pockets aren't as deep?

But I don't see this cause as worthy of my money... sorry

small market team? Seattle is one of the biggest cities in the US isn't it?

Besides, Seattle had 3 TEAMS. Hard to convince me (a Blazer fan) that being a Seattle fan is a fan of a small market team. At least they have a freakin' team in the big three sports.

We don't even have a hockey team! If I wanted to follow our "pro" teams I'd have the Blazers and.... a MLS team.

Don't talk to me about not being able to watch sports, be damn lucky you Seattle peeps get the Mariners, and most importantly the Seahawks...

Skizzik
03-28-2010, 01:49 AM
I don't feel sorry for Seattle due to their attendance numbers. If they cared as much in the final season the Sonics were there (I mean, they had just drafted Durant), then I could see them having an argument.

The high attendance of the season was 17,072 (4 times)...so I'll use that as the main "sell-out" number. 4 sell-outs in 41 tries. On the other hand, 17 times that season, less than 13,000 people showed up, including one night where a mere 8,661 people showed up, nearly half of capacity.

Yes, I'm aware, people were pretty much on to what Bennett was up to by that time, but still, it kind of shows, they weren't really there supporting their team either. Even if you hate the guy, it kind of helps his case if he's losing money because people don't show up to the game. You gave him fuel for the fire. And don't act like they were outright trying to lose, they had made good long term moves during the off-season. So by skipping going to games, you just helped this. Then you show your support once they're gone.

Final thing to note, Seattle is NOT a small market...they're the 13th largest media market in the US. Amongst others, Orlando, Miami, Denver and Cleveland are all smaller markets (and as you can guess, being 13th largest, there's teams in MANY much smaller markets). Don't kid yourself, Seattle didn't actually support the Supersonics.

soonabooma
03-28-2010, 02:28 AM
and thunder fans what do you think about this

I'll tell you what I think of it. I think it's a bunch of lame, pathetic, weak, jealous, bitter, sour grapes crap. That's exactly what it is. These people don't realize how dumb they're making themselves look by continuing to cry about something that they were responsible for. It was a tragic event for them, no doubt....but they only have themselves to blame. The team wasn't stolen from them. Oklahoma City didn't just wake up one morning and say "hey, I think we'll go steal Seattles team." It doesn't work that way. A ton of stuff had to happen for that team to actually end up here. And unfortunately for Seattle, I'm afraid they played right into our hands. They did exactly what we needed them to do.....NOTHING! If they weren't so arrogant and stubborn, this team would still be there, and we would either have a different team, or still be waiting on one. But they stunk it up just like we thought they would, and here we are with one of the most talented, dangerous, up-and-coming young teams in the league with an incredible superstar playing right here in OKC. Thanks for being so dumb Seattle. We knew you wouldn't let us down.

My money says the fans in Seattle won't lift a finger to raise that $1500 and then they'll cry about it and act like they were the victims of a conspiracy. They'll look for somebody else to blame, and claim there was a hidden agenda. They'll just wander around with stupid looks on their faces like confused little children, and then wonder why they didn't accomplish anything.:nod:

Hey Man
03-28-2010, 02:33 AM
If you havent seen sonicgate you should watch it. The sonics had a crap owner - the guy from starbucks - and he decided to sell. He sold it to the devil, clay benett. Clay benett is from Oklahoma City and he bought the team with the intention of moving them. The fans wanted to keep the team there, but the stadium was way too outdated and they didnt earn enough money on ticket sales. They needed a new stadium to stay in Seattle but the city didnt subsidize it.

Then there was a whole bunch of scandal with the "man possed" emails and David Stern making an example of Seattle that if you dont pay for your team, its going to move.

Watch sonicsgate

Hey Man
03-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Oklahoma City didn't just wake up one morning and say "hey, I think we'll go steal Seattles team."

Actually that's what Clay Bennett did

soonabooma
03-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Actually that's what Clay Bennett did

Well sure...that's what we were hoping for, but it's pretty sad that those fools actually let it happen. If they were gonna approach the whole thing with an arrogant attitude, then they didn't deserve to keep their team. They were warned by Schultz, they were warned by Stern, they were warned by Bennett, and they did NOTHING?????????? They thought everybody was bluffing??????? I mean really, how dumb can you be? And this wasn't the first time they were in danger of losing a team. It was just the first time a franchise actually packed up and left town. That city has been known for years as a place that has the money to have pro sports teams, but doesn't have the kind of legislators that prioritize for sports. And the citizens just keep on electing those clowns and then they wonder why things get so messy. And they're nothing special either. Anybody can root for a team when they're good. It takes real fans to support a team when they're no good, and we're being rewarded for our hard work now. They all collectively worked together to make that disaster happen, so nobody should feel sorry for them. ;)

shep33
03-28-2010, 03:07 AM
The best jerseys in NBA history, those Green and White ones, with the space needle and skyline as their logo...

Possibly one of the top 5 teams to watch in NBA history with Kemp and GP

OC Knights #11
03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
there was a reason why they left Seattle.

SirCalvin81
03-28-2010, 12:43 PM
lol this went from a donate thread 2 a seattle vs oklahoma city thread

Trouble87
03-28-2010, 12:55 PM

^ 100% agree with that

there a more worthy causes out there

and the Seattle will have another team in about 5 to 10 years

Baller1
03-28-2010, 01:01 PM
I'll tell you what I think of it. I think it's a bunch of lame, pathetic, weak, jealous, bitter, sour grapes crap. That's exactly what it is. These people don't realize how dumb they're making themselves look by continuing to cry about something that they were responsible for. It was a tragic event for them, no doubt....but they only have themselves to blame. The team wasn't stolen from them. Oklahoma City didn't just wake up one morning and say "hey, I think we'll go steal Seattles team." It doesn't work that way. A ton of stuff had to happen for that team to actually end up here. And unfortunately for Seattle, I'm afraid they played right into our hands. They did exactly what we needed them to do.....NOTHING! If they weren't so arrogant and stubborn, this team would still be there, and we would either have a different team, or still be waiting on one. But they stunk it up just like we thought they would, and here we are with one of the most talented, dangerous, up-and-coming young teams in the league with an incredible superstar playing right here in OKC. Thanks for being so dumb Seattle. We knew you wouldn't let us down.

My money says the fans in Seattle won't lift a finger to raise that $1500 and then they'll cry about it and act like they were the victims of a conspiracy. They'll look for somebody else to blame, and claim there was a hidden agenda. They'll just wander around with stupid looks on their faces like confused little children, and then wonder why they didn't accomplish anything.:nod:

You are so clueless it's pathetic. Please watch sonicsgate so you can filter all that ******** out.

soonabooma
03-28-2010, 04:12 PM
You are so clueless it's pathetic. Please watch sonicsgate so you can filter all that ******** out.

I have watched it son, I love it, it's a very well done documentary. But it doesn't prove a damn thing in Seattles favor. It give all the facts and history behind the whole thing. But here's the thing........any neutral, intelligent, logical person that watches it will clearly be able to see that Seattle had more to do with the team leaving than any owner or commissioner with some "so-called" hidden agenda. They were told exactly what they needed to do, and they were told exactly what would happen if they didn't do it, and they still laughed about it like a bunch of arrogant, elitist turds. Then they woke up one morning and the team was officially gone, and they wondered why. They just couldn't believe that they were responsible for losing 41 years of history. But that's exactly what happened, and it's really sad and pathetic that they chose to sit on their collective butts in such a serious situation. That's pretty weak. But make no mistake....there was no hidden agenda. There was no conspiracy. Arrogance led to their demise and nothing else.:nod:

dtmagnet
03-28-2010, 04:34 PM
If there is really a serious fanbase in Seattle how can they not come up with 1500 dollars by themselves?

Baller1
03-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I have watched it son, I love it, it's a very well done documentary. But it doesn't prove a damn thing in Seattles favor. It give all the facts and history behind the whole thing. But here's the thing........any neutral, intelligent, logical person that watches it will clearly be able to see that Seattle had more to do with the team leaving than any owner or commissioner with some "so-called" hidden agenda. They were told exactly what they needed to do, and they were told exactly what would happen if they didn't do it, and they still laughed about it like a bunch of arrogant, elitist turds. Then they woke up one morning and the team was officially gone, and they wondered why. They just couldn't believe that they were responsible for losing 41 years of history. But that's exactly what happened, and it's really sad and pathetic that they chose to sit on their collective butts in such a serious situation. That's pretty weak. But make no mistake....there was no hidden agenda. There was no conspiracy. Arrogance led to their demise and nothing else.:nod:

-Going to the games supports Clay Bennett.
-Not going to the games looks like we don't support our team.

It's a lose-lose situation. Be happy you got your team, and quit down-playing Seattle as a fanbase *******.

soonabooma
03-29-2010, 12:27 AM
-Going to the games supports Clay Bennett.
-Not going to the games looks like we don't support our team.

It's a lose-lose situation. Be happy you got your team, and quit down-playing Seattle as a fanbase *******.

You're missing the whole freaking point. You guys should have taken the matter seriously long before Bennett even entered the equation. You were told by Schultz and Stern that things needed to be changed, and you still chose to do nothing. You can't say money was an issue becuz you guys love to remind people just how much money is there, so it was more a matter of you guys being stubborn, arrogant, and trying to stand your ground. The problem with that was......it was gonna cost you your most storied sports franchise. Not very smart on your part. Once it got to the point where Bennett was the owner, it was over for you guys, but not becuz you were the victims of a well-orchestrated hijacking, but becuz you were too arrogant to step up and do the same things that other cities have been doing for years, the same things that you did for your football and baseball teams. It's too bad you weren't willing to do the same for your basketball team, the only team that ever mattered in that city. That's the very definition of BAD support, and it bit you right in the butts in the end. You made it way too easy for Bennett to get that team and bring them here. You can't be mad at him, he's just a guy who wanted to buy a team and bring it to his hometown. And Stern gave you all the opportunities in the world to take the necessary action to make things right. You don't hear cities like San Antonio, Houston, and Orlando complaining about building first class, up to date arenas. You guys simply thought you were above everyone else, and you were wrong. You found out the hard way, and it's gonna be a good lesson to cities in the future. You jacked around, and the league decided to make an example out of you. But the difference in you guys and a city like Charlotte is that when they lost the Hornets, they still conducted themselves in a grown up manner, and it helped them get a new team. You guys burned alot bridges, and created some really bad feeling with the league, so you might not be as high up on the list for a new team as you might think. And it's all your fault. If you want to look for somebody to be mad at, you better look in the mirror.:rimshot:

Punkindrublic03
03-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Some of the posters in this thread should really take the time to watch Sonicsgate if nothing else

Ian.
03-29-2010, 09:02 AM

I'm sure nobody does that either. Who are you kidding?

Draco
03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
If there is really a serious fanbase in Seattle how can they not come up with 1500 dollars by themselves?

lol