PDA

View Full Version : Bosh DOES deserve a max contract

poleandreel
03-27-2010, 05:39 PM
ok everyones saying that bosh doesnt deserve a max contract bc he hasnt gotten the raptors anywhere. wade is a great player but without shaq he hasnt gotten the heat anywhere either...

he also had his team end up with the 2nd overrall pick bc they were so bad. and bosh just turned 26 so he is still gonna get better. im not saying he is better than wade but cmon the guy deserves a max bc hes putting up huge numbers even though hes getting doubled every single night bc noone on the raptors can score.

and scoring from a double team in the post is alot harder than getting doubled on the perimeter.

btw i love wade but i also like bosh. people should stop hatin on him.

NetsPaint
03-27-2010, 05:42 PM
The Raptors should be better with the players Bosh has around him, not that he has amazing players around him, but good ones.Is it understandable for certain teams to give him the max?Yes.Is he a max PLAYER?No.

Kyben36
03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Wade won a ring at one point, but I do agree that bosh deserves a max

especialy the way he is trying ( but not succeding ) to get his team to start winning

I think he will never win a ring as the best player though, he needs to have an = or better player on his team in order to have a chance to do that.

SA5195
03-27-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm a Raps fan, and i'm telling you that he's NOT worth a max. He will get it though.

Obviously he's no Lebron, or Wade.

He's a freakin' PF, no one would expect a PF to be the same as a SG/SF

But he's leadership abilities isn't worth a max.

He calls the team out, then the team steps up, but then Bosh doesn't.

For some reason, he's back to shooting J's, which really pisses us Raps fans.

NYYCowboys
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
ok everyones saying that bosh doesnt deserve a max contract bc he hasnt gotten the raptors anywhere. wade is a great player but without shaq he hasnt gotten the heat anywhere either...

he also had his team end up with the 2nd overrall pick bc they were so bad. and bosh just turned 26 so he is still gonna get better. im not saying he is better than wade but cmon the guy deserves a max bc hes putting up huge numbers even though hes getting doubled every single night bc noone on the raptors can score.

and scoring from a double team in the post is alot harder than getting doubled on the perimeter.

He was injured almost the entire year that wasn't his fault.

jackdawson
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM

Bosh is nowhere close to Wade. He can only dream to be D Wade. If gets a chance to play the second fiddle to Wade next year, he must thank God for His blessings.

$ NyC $
03-27-2010, 06:05 PM
The year Wade was injured they got the #2 pick, next year Wade is healthy and he gets them back in the Playoffs ... that's a Max.

Bosh is a GREAT player but i really see him as another Pau Gasol. Sometimes he starts taking jumpers too much, i wish he would stay aggressive and attack the basket.

SA5195
03-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Bosh is nowhere close to Wade. He can only dream to be D Wade. If gets a chance to play the second fiddle to Wade next year, he must thank God for His blessings.

This is what pisses me off lol.

Name a PF that has the same abilites as Wade? Heck even a SG?

Dol-Fan
03-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Wade won a ring at one point, but I do agree that bosh deserves a max

especialy the way he is trying ( but not succeding ) to get his team to start winning

I think he will never win a ring as the best player though, he needs to have an = or better player on his team in order to have a chance to do that.

His leadership abilities are bad and in this recent poor stretch his attitude has been piss poor.

A few games back someone asked him what he can do to get the team to perform better. He responded by saying something to the tune of "What do you want me to do? Average 40 points? 30 rebounds? 20 blocks, per game?"

- Well Mr. Bosh. It would be nice if you upped your block average to 1.5 at least.

Last night he was asked about his poor turnover numbers lately (his 5 turnovers last night led to the last second loss to the Nuggets). He replied by saying something like "Turnovers? That's not really a stat I pay attention to. I don't care about turnovers"

- It seems like you really only care about points and rebounds. 24 and 11 will certainly give you a max contract.

I'm a huge Raps fan and a huge Bosh fan. But in no way is he worth a max contract. A max contract means he is being paid the same amount as Lebron James, Wade, Kobe, etc. He is nowhere near this level. He's a great PF, probably top 3 in the game right now, but he's not gonna lead your team anywhere. He's got nice players around him right now but he's a black hole on offense. The ball goes to him, he holds it for 10 seconds, pump faking and doing whatever kind of fakes he can think of before jacking up a contested jump shot.

daliLOLbagaric
03-27-2010, 06:09 PM
he's definitely not worth a max contract. he's too emotional and immature to lead a team.

wileyisTOFU
03-27-2010, 06:10 PM

You really want your franchise to lock up a max contract on a PF that shots jumpers all the time and plays crappy D?? Really?

$ NyC $
03-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Answer me this. Put LBJ on the Raptors, how far do they go?

Put Bosh on the Cavs, do they sniff they Eastern Conference Finals?

smith&wesson
03-27-2010, 06:19 PM
reshard lewis didnt deserve a max contract and got one. in this league someone will pay you the money if they need or want you. you dont really have to be lebron to get a max contract.

ink
03-27-2010, 06:23 PM
The year Wade was injured they got the #2 pick, next year Wade is healthy and he gets them back in the Playoffs ... that's a Max.

Bosh is a GREAT player but i really see him as another Pau Gasol. Sometimes he starts taking jumpers too much, i wish he would stay aggressive and attack the basket.

People vastly under-rate Gasol. Bosh has more natural ability but Gasol is extremely creative and versatile. Bosh is not at all versatile. He is excellent at a limited game, which makes him ideal as a complement to a wing player who can create.

jackdawson
03-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Other than LeBron and Wade, no free agent deserves a max this offseason. However, I think Bosh and Amare will get max contracts from desperate teams.

ink
03-27-2010, 06:25 PM
His leadership abilities are bad and in this recent poor stretch his attitude has been piss poor.

A few games back someone asked him what he can do to get the team to perform better. He responded by saying something to the tune of "What do you want me to do? Average 40 points? 30 rebounds? 20 blocks, per game?"

- Well Mr. Bosh. It would be nice if you upped your block average to 1.5 at least.

Last night he was asked about his poor turnover numbers lately (his 5 turnovers last night led to the last second loss to the Nuggets). He replied by saying something like "Turnovers? That's not really a stat I pay attention to. I don't care about turnovers"

- It seems like you really only care about points and rebounds. 24 and 11 will certainly give you a max contract.

I'm a huge Raps fan and a huge Bosh fan. But in no way is he worth a max contract. A max contract means he is being paid the same amount as Lebron James, Wade, Kobe, etc. He is nowhere near this level. He's a great PF, probably top 3 in the game right now, but he's not gonna lead your team anywhere. He's got nice players around him right now but he's a black hole on offense. The ball goes to him, he holds it for 10 seconds, pump faking and doing whatever kind of fakes he can think of before jacking up a contested jump shot.

Good post.

$ NyC $
03-27-2010, 06:32 PM
People vastly under-rate Gasol. Bosh has more natural ability but Gasol is extremely creative and versatile. Bosh is not at all versatile. He is excellent at a limited game, which makes him ideal as a complement to a wing player who can create.

In no way am i under-rating Gasol, but if some1 were to say Gasol deserves a Max people would say that's crazy. Gasol is an extremely smart big-man, and one of the few that can Put up 20 10 and 5 with almost 2 bpg.

I mean, some can even argue that Gasol is better than Bosh, yet no1 would consider that Gasol is a Max player because no1 would say Gasol is on Kobes level.

Iodine
03-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Im pretty sure Wade would sacrifice his left nut to have bosh's supporting cast

CheeznWingz
03-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Glad to see there is quite a few smart people out here. I never realized when I started a thread about Bosh not being a Max contract worthy player, it would spawn off into a huge debate. I myself am a Raps fan, and I don't understand why people think that he is worthy of it. Yes he is having a great season, but what player doesn't when his contract is up. It happens in every sport. Bosh gets out performed by the oppositions best almost every night. Yes he may put up big numbers for the Raps, but who else is going to challenge him on that team. I would actually take Wades supporting cast over Bosh's anyday. The Heat alteast show some hustle everynight.

Iodine
03-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Glad to see there is quite a few smart people out here.

Were the minority on PSD

YoungOne
03-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Im pretty sure Wade would sacrifice his left nut to have bosh's supporting cast

raptors supporting cast isn't better than the heat's...

ink
03-27-2010, 06:53 PM
In no way am i under-rating Gasol, but if some1 were to say Gasol deserves a Max people would say that's crazy. Gasol is an extremely smart big-man, and one of the few that can Put up 20 10 and 5 with almost 2 bpg.

I mean, some can even argue that Gasol is better than Bosh, yet no1 would consider that Gasol is a Max player because no1 would say Gasol is on Kobes level.

OK, I agree with that.

ink
03-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Glad to see there is quite a few smart people out here. I never realized when I started a thread about Bosh not being a Max contract worthy player, it would spawn off into a huge debate. I myself am a Raps fan, and I don't understand why people think that he is worthy of it. Yes he is having a great season, but what player doesn't when his contract is up. It happens in every sport. Bosh gets out performed by the oppositions best almost every night. Yes he may put up big numbers for the Raps, but who else is going to challenge him on that team. I would actually take Wades supporting cast over Bosh's anyday. The Heat alteast show some hustle everynight.

Not sure what you mean. People in the Raptors forum have been saying for years that Bosh is not really a max player. That, however, doesn't mean he won't get max money. He will get max money. It's all about supply and demand and market value. We all know that GMs (all of them) overpay for free agents.

JordansBulls
03-27-2010, 06:56 PM

He needs to be on a team that has another star player in place. Example is the Atlanta Hawks. Switch Josh Smith with Bosh and you will see what Bosh can really do.

Iodine
03-27-2010, 06:57 PM

Um
Raptors= Turk, Jack, Calderon, Bargs, and Weems are all several levels of good and Reggie Evans is one of my fav hustle players ever

Heat=Beasley who the coach refuses to play enough, the drain o'neal, Q-Rich who has only been playing well recently, chalmers, cook(meh) and haslem

also the heat have some of the worst rotations of any team in the league so that negates some of the talent they have

Iodine
03-27-2010, 06:58 PM
He needs to be on a team that has another star player in place. Example is the Atlanta Hawks. Switch Josh Smith with Bosh and you will see what Bosh can really do.

Bosh on the hawks would be disgustingly awesome. that would be to scary

Rego247
03-27-2010, 06:59 PM

raptors supporting cast is waay better than the heat. no debate there IMO

fairandbalanced
03-27-2010, 07:05 PM
raptors supporting cast is waay better than the heat. no debate there IMO

Wanna swap Hedo/Bargnani for Beasley/Oneal?....Miami will also pitch in a second pick just to say....thanks.

Dol-Fan
03-27-2010, 07:05 PM

Hawks without Josh Smith would not be the same. Switch Smith's awesome fast break offense, solid passing, similar to Bosh-rebounding, and exceptional shot-blocking with Bosh's terrible passing, slow-it down offense, terrible shot-blocking, and bad hands on the fast break and the team is just not the same.

I know most people won't agree with me, but Bosh isn't meant for a team like that. Bosh will thrive in a half-court offense team where he can be given a certain amount of plays to do his thing. He is not a flow player. He is a good player that can rebound with the best of them, hit a jump shot and get to the free throw line.

I think success for Bosh would come on a team with a slow-it-down mentality and a wing player who is good enough to be on a 1a, 1b star system but not quite good enough to carry a team. Him and Brandon Roy would be real nice together, switch Bosh with Aldridge on the Blazers and that team is incredible.

ink
03-27-2010, 07:06 PM

Totally agree with that. The example may be wrong but the idea of playing with one other star player is right. Make no mistake about it anyone who is going too far and dismissing Bosh's talent. If/when he gets to play with a star winger that team will beast.

ink
03-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Hawks without Josh Smith would not be the same. Switch Smith's awesome fast break offense, solid passing, similar to Bosh-rebounding, and exceptional shot-blocking with Bosh's terrible passing, slow-it down offense, terrible shot-blocking, and bad hands on the fast break and the team is just not the same.

I know most people won't agree with me, but Bosh isn't meant for a team like that. Bosh will thrive in a half-court offense team where he can be given a certain amount of plays to do his thing. He is not a flow player. He is a good player that can rebound with the best of them, hit a jump shot and get to the free throw line.

I think success for Bosh would come on a team with a slow-it-down mentality and a wing player who is good enough to be on a 1a, 1b star system but not quite good enough to carry a team. Him and Brandon Roy would be real nice together, switch Bosh with Aldridge on the Blazers and that team is incredible.

Totally agree with the bolded part. And yes, the Blazers are a great example. That would be a contender.

YoungOne
03-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Um
Raptors= Turk, Jack, Calderon, Bargs, and Weems are all several levels of good and Reggie Evans is one of my fav hustle players ever

Heat=Beasley who the coach refuses to play enough, the drain o'neal, Q-Rich who has only been playing well recently, chalmers, cook(meh) and haslem

also the heat have some of the worst rotations of any team in the league so that negates some of the talent they have

the only player that may stand out for the raptors is jack..
and i don't know why everybody is so high on turkolu... portland should have done a party after he turned down their offer..

Iodine
03-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I love how the only thing your doing is trying to make my argument look like **** while not even trying to defend Miami's horrible supporting cast

ldc62
03-27-2010, 07:43 PM

:clap:

$ NyC $
03-27-2010, 07:44 PM

I agree on everything you said.

Josh Smith could possibly be the MVP of the Hawks. It's even been said that he's the best passer on that team. That kid is the definition of versatile.

YoungOne
03-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I love how the only thing your doing is trying to make my argument look like **** while not even trying to defend Miami's horrible supporting cast

Wade's supportingcast plays defense...that should be enough.

ManChild
03-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Bosh is playing great on a bad team. If you put Bosh on the Bulls, they become 10x better. However, even when he puts up big numbers, his team still loses.

Dol-Fan
03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Bosh is playing great on a bad team. If you put Bosh on the Bulls, they become 10x better. However, even when he puts up big numbers, his team still loses.

I don't think I completely agree with that. The Raptors depend on Bosh, and not in a good way. I think they've got the talent to do much better - but read my previous posts. He holds the ball on offense forever, stalling ball movement and causing his teammates to stand around and wait for something to happen. As a power forward, this tendency also causes his turnovers to increase at an alarming rate.

When the Raptors win, he passes the ball around and plays defense. When we lose, he hangs on to the ball and expends all of his energy on offense and rebounding.

One part I agree with is Bosh on the Bulls. I think he would be a great fit. Him and Rose could share the reigns together, and with Noah beside him a lot of his defensive woes would be covered up.

_KB24_
03-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Gasol is more deserving of a max than him. Bosh has no leadership qualities whatsoever.

Shady66
03-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Bosh deserved a max after the first few months of the season. He was attacking, drawing a lot of fouls, and going after all the rebounds. Now hes playing like Zach Randolph a few years ago. Holding the ball for a long time, then just taking a bad mid range shot. As of right now, their is no way he deserves a max

dtmagnet
03-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't think I ever heard Colangelo say he will offer Bosh the maximum, just that he wants to re-sign him. Maybe Colangelo is saying, we will make him an offer and if he gets a better one somewhere else then he is free to take it.

poleandreel
03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Tell me what player is gonna get you deep in the playoffs without another good player helping them. the only one is lebron. wade cant do it either. he needed shaq and without shaq they havnt done anything. if you want someone that can carry a team all by himself the only person that can do it is lebron. Not wade. Not kobe. neither of them went anywhere in the playoffs without another star player. bosh has gotten the raps to the playoffs as well but he lacks a teammate that can score from the guard spot. from what all of you are saying, noone deserves a max except lebron. and wade is one of my fav players but you are all wrong for saying that stuff. there is no better pf in the game besides maybe tim duncan. but he plays center and is old.

LanceUpperCut
03-27-2010, 10:00 PM
I love the swings everyone has. Yes the Raptors are playing piss poor right now during this stretch the same way Miami, Charlotte , Bulls and Bucks have all done none of them have a chance but to talk about this team is way better than the other is ********.

Raph12
03-27-2010, 11:54 PM

I'm usually the first to critisize Wade, but when it comes right down to it, he's umteen times better than Bosh in every facet of the game.

Bosh isn't a max player because;
1. He's not a good leader.
2. He's a terrible defender.

Both qualities Wade excels in, now don't get me wrong, I do think Wade is overrated and doesn't deserve to be in "Top 3" talks let alone "Best Player" talks, but comparing him to Bosh is just ridiculous.

sargon21
03-28-2010, 12:52 AM
who do you think bosh is MOST likely to sign with this offseason?

new york- be the man in the big city
chicago - play with upcoming star d-rose
miami- play with d-wade and a chance at the title

ink
03-28-2010, 01:03 AM

NYC - why?
Chicago - Rose is not an established player. CHI fans are excited about him but it's been a tough time since MJ so it seems like they are being a bit too hopeful.
Miami - looks like the best chance.

TopsyTurvy
03-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Deserve has got nothing to do with it. Bosh will get a max deal.

Dol-Fan
03-28-2010, 01:09 AM

I still have a feeling it will be Toronto.

I almost don't want him back, his incomplete seasons are starting to bother me, but I think his intent on being "#1" could keep him in TO. He won't have that opportunity anywhere else (except MAYBE NY, but they'll get someone else if they bring in Bosh).

Toronto can offer him the most money, and I don't know if Bosh's sights are set on a championship right now. I truly believe that Bosh is most interested in money along with being the #1 option on whatever team he plays on. I'm definitely in the minority here, but I think he either stays to Toronto, or goes to some underdog team that no one expects in a sign and trade.

Hawkize31
03-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Idk. When you have a system of "max contracts," guys like Lebron or Kobe or Wade can only make a certain amount. To say that Bosh deserves that same amount is stretching a bit imo. I can't concede that Bosh is worth the same amount of salary as Lebron James.

Draco
03-28-2010, 01:27 AM
NYC - why?
Chicago - Rose is not an established player. CHI fans are excited about him but it's been a tough time since MJ so it seems like they are being a bit too hopeful.

How many players in their 2nd year are established? A lot of people outside of CHI fans believe it's inevitable that he'll be an 'established player'.. right now, it actually helps the Bulls in FA that Rose is still on his rookie contract.

what54!?
03-28-2010, 01:27 AM
no but he's definitly gonna get one whereever he is next season. Lots of players this off-season are gonna get more money than they deserve (All players get too much money IMO)

ink
03-28-2010, 01:29 AM
How many players in their 2nd year are established? A lot of people outside of CHI fans believe it's inevitable that he'll be an 'established player'.. right now, it actually helps the Bulls in FA that Rose is still on his rookie contract.

Sure, but other than Bulls fans, I don't see a lot of excitement about Rose. Durant, yes. Rose, no. I could be very wrong, but that Rose/Beasley draft seems like a bit of a dud so far.

Draco
03-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Sure, but other than Bulls fans, I don't see a lot of excitement about Rose. Durant, yes. Rose, no. I could be very wrong, but that Rose/Beasley draft seems like a bit of a dud so far.

Strange comparisons.. Sure, Rose isn't as far along as Durant but he's certainly not as far behind as Beasley.

ink
03-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Strange comparisons.. Sure, Rose isn't as far along as Durant but he's certainly not as far behind as Beasley.

Really? Strange? Players drafted within a year or two of each other?

ryder78c
03-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Bosh will get a max in NYC or MIA if wade stays bosh or amare will be in miami but i think it would be a better look for miami if they get bosh with wade already being the leader and bosh not much of a leader

TopsyTurvy
03-28-2010, 12:27 PM

I thought it was a strange comparison too. Typically you attack draft classes individually since a team can go from 1st pick one year to 22nd the following and there's a completely different caliber of talent across different draft class. The number one pick of the draft by nature is firstly a grab for the best talent available and then the desire to fill a need on the team. In the draft class you mentioned, see Portland - Oden instead of Durant.

By your logic we should be able to compare Kwame Brown to Yao Ming and then conclude that the 2001 draft was worse than 2002 despite 2001 containing players like Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, Zach Randolph, Gerald Wallace, Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas, and Mehmet Okur (all all-stars) compared to the 2002 draft which had four.

I don't think draft class is in any way useful to compare to players who may vary in age, maturity, and talent at the time of the draft. It may be useful to compare relative team success, but for players, compare the eras they play in...

Chronz
03-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Bring their defense down?

Chronz
03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
NYC - why?

NY They can dream

CHI: BECAUSE Rose isnt established he will be the main guy, they are a really good team when healthy, decent potential and he gets all the recognition

Miami: True but he shares the spotlight

Thats why the best place is Houston

Draco
03-28-2010, 04:10 PM
NY They can dream

CHI: BECAUSE Rose isnt established he will be the main guy, they are a really good team when healthy, decent potential and he gets all the recognition

Miami: True but he shares the spotlight

Thats why the best place is Houston

All the recognition from who? Bulls fans on PSD? Who cares.. he gets virtually no recognition from NBA refs.. he'd be averaging an extra 3 points a game if he benefited from the same calls Billups gets.

Draco
03-28-2010, 04:16 PM

No, strange that you'd list Durant from 07 to reference a player who's established and only a year behind Rose and mention Beasley from 08 to reference a player (and an entire draft for that matter) who isn't established (or in the larger context, a dud). I'm not sure where you were going with any of that since not every player has the same learning curve or reaches success at the same, predictable time. Besides which, there were plenty of surprisingly boon and bust (to date) players in both drafts; Oden, Lopez?

Hawkeye15
03-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Other than LeBron and Wade, no free agent deserves a max this offseason. However, I think Bosh and Amare will get max contracts from desperate teams.

this is exactly the right answer.
Its not about wins/losses/playoff success for Bosh. Its about his effect on his team on the floor. For instance, ANY team where Kobe or LeBron went, is a contender, regardless of what surrounds them. That is worth a max contract. It also has to do with bringing fans in, so Yao is worth a max contract, as is Wade
Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, none of these players fit anything I listed above. None of them deserve more than $15 million a year, because they all need a ton of help