PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis: Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3.

JordansBulls
03-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer032610&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

While Rolling Stone recently declared Kevin Durant better than Kobe Bryant, Warriors guard Monta Ellis has his own opinion on who should be ranked as the NBAs three best players.

Im going to say LeBron James [third], Ellis said recently. He can do it all, pass, score, defend, block shots. No. 2, I would have to say, me. I can do a whole lot of things: defend, score, make passes, do whatever I need to do.

No. 1, Id say Kobe Bryant. There isnt one player that can stop Kobe one-on-one. He has a lot of stuff. He can defend. And of course, he won four championships.

Iodine
03-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh my. thats all I can say

I really feel dumber reading that

Doogolas
03-27-2010, 12:39 AM
:laugh2: Oh my God. That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Monta Ellis not only aren't you #2 you're probably not even top 30. You ****ing suck.

IRUAM #21
03-27-2010, 12:41 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

tredigs
03-27-2010, 12:41 AM
I read this earlier and literally did a facepalm. Get this guy off my team, or at least get a superstar 1st option in GS so that he can be the 2nd man again. He's actually really good as a second option. Dude is super talented and just recently added a reliable 3pt shot to his game. As in, after the all-star break recently.

But this is just ridiculous. He should probably wait until his +- isn't in the negatives before he makes statements like this.

Spurred1
03-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Was he serious? Well, at least he doesn't have any self esteem issues.

JnasD
03-27-2010, 12:45 AM
lmao

Monstars
03-27-2010, 12:47 AM
WOW. Is Monta serious. Does he really think he is better than Lebron? :facepalm: Monta has a big head.

asandhu23
03-27-2010, 12:49 AM
I support Monta but I :facepalm:ed after reading this.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2010, 12:50 AM
LOL that's a joke.

Can't rreally blame him too much though...he raves confidence. If I was in the NBA I wouldn't want to admit someone is better than me.

Vinny642
03-27-2010, 12:50 AM
What a joke of a player, he will never touch Paul

J$mo0th_3o5
03-27-2010, 12:52 AM
:facepalm: Wooooooooooooooooooow now I hate this ballhogging ****** even more!!!!!!!

Meth
03-27-2010, 12:53 AM
At first I was like..

:speechless:

After reading this, I was like..

:laugh:

Overall, I was like.. :laugh2::ouch::faint:

asandhu23
03-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Talking about Plus / Minus thing. Is there an online link where I can check the whole leagues?

D Roses Bulls
03-27-2010, 01:01 AM
i was going to do a monta ellis>lebron james but i seriously cant even do it kidding around because its just so ludicrous.

maybe ellis was thinking...... I DONT KNOW WHAT ELLIS WAS THINKING.

ldc62
03-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Hes one of my fave. players, but no way... and I hate lebron.

AIsixersFK

this.

who is monta ellis? :shrug:

DQL
Talking about Plus / Minus thing. Is there an online link where I can check the whole leagues?

here you go http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=1&season=22009&split=9&team=Warriors . No surprise that he ranks dead last. Way to pad your stats

*Superman*
03-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Stfu!

asandhu23
03-27-2010, 01:05 AM
meh... Monta was probably joking around. no need to take this seriously.

and thanks for that link.

Ragun
03-27-2010, 01:06 AM
:facepalm:

hoopitup
03-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Monte just telling the truth.. u gotta love it

PHX2daDEATH
03-27-2010, 01:07 AM
I think Monta was sipping out of Don Nelson's flask before he said this

tredigs
03-27-2010, 01:11 AM
meh... Monta was probably joking around. no need to take this seriously.

and thanks for that link.

http://www.82games.com/

^All the teams on the left side. It's a different style of plus-minus then the other link, and includes "self/opponent production", but I'm not sure exactly how it's calculated. If someone has a link that explains it I'd be curious to see that.

Trouble87
03-27-2010, 01:13 AM
delusional little man to even put himself in the top 10

it's so odd

if you think your better than LBJ, Carmelo, and Durant... Why wouldn't you just make yourself #1?

so odd that he see's himself as the second best... better than most of the other guys but only 2nd best

KG2TB
03-27-2010, 01:18 AM
LeBron who? Haha Monta Ellis. Showing big time disrespect. I sure wanna see the next time the Cavs play GS. It's pretty outlandish he'd put himself in the top 10, yet alone top 3, and place himself over LeBron. I guess you really get a glimpse why Monta Ellis can't put all his talent together and be a top 10 player. He's ****en dumb.

Iodine
03-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Monte just telling the truth.. u gotta love it

You know your ******** when you cant spell the name right when its in the title

sportsbux
03-27-2010, 01:21 AM
:badidea: Monta. This quote had to be right after he had sex with a supermodel. That wouldn't even make it alright for Monta to say! :laugh:

asandhu23
03-27-2010, 01:22 AM
:badidea: Monta. This quote had to be right after he had sex with a supermodel. That wouldn't even make it alright for Monta to say! :laugh:

monta had sex with a supermodel?

momoneyyyy
03-27-2010, 01:22 AM
:speechless::speechless::facepalm::facepalm:

sportsbux
03-27-2010, 01:23 AM
monta had sex with a supermodel?

he must have after reading this comment!

blackjack_119
03-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Monta Ellis is #2... A hot, steamy pile of #2.

goku
03-27-2010, 01:42 AM
WOW! thats from being teamates with captain Jack ...

Bulls_fan90
03-27-2010, 01:43 AM
The guys not even an All-Star...

Toenail Clipper
03-27-2010, 01:44 AM
At least Kobe is still number one
:p

goldenstater
03-27-2010, 01:45 AM
LOL. Well if that's the case we could really start use him to start proving it soon. Anytime now.LOL.very good scorer but wow! Probably not even the best player on our team.

jmtapia
03-27-2010, 01:48 AM
im sure he was kidding...

kozelkid
03-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Jesus Christ, I can't believe how many of you guys don't have a sense of humor. He was clearly joking...

LeBroom
03-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Monta Ellis' swagger is at an all time high. He sure has a LOT OF CONFIDENCE to say this. I'm not saying he is the 2nd best player in the League... But he's definitely in the Top 15-20.

We'll all see him back up his claims when he gets traded from Golden State, or when they start getting a real Coach and Steph gets traded. Steph and Ellis won't work, something's got to give.

But I personally think Ellis would thrive in a good system, with competent/real big men. He is a good 1st option, + having a legit big man like Amare can do wonders for his game too.

saucy1
03-27-2010, 01:53 AM
monta is not even as good as curry,Im sure he was being sarcastic.Id be shocked if he wasnt traded this offseason

Lakersfan2483
03-27-2010, 01:57 AM
Monta needs to put down the pipe and come back to reality.

MaHaRaJaH
03-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Oh Lord

GunFactor187
03-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Yeah, good luck and godspeed with that one there Monta.

Raph12
03-27-2010, 02:05 AM
Now you know that Capn Jax had a huge effect on him when they played together in GS.

djeller1139
03-27-2010, 02:05 AM
Not really sure what to think of this...Monta is either joking or has grown an insane ego. I'd like to see the actual interview.

jackdawson
03-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Excuse me! Who's monta Feliz??

CountSackula
03-27-2010, 02:13 AM
:laugh: Monta's trollin'.

0nekhmer
03-27-2010, 02:22 AM
sounds like people on these forums. " He is guud cuz, like he won 4 rings and dat means he better then everyone who didn't "

thephoenixson28
03-27-2010, 02:26 AM
He went from being the fastest to being the 2nd best player in the NBA. What's next best player of all time Monta ellis= G.O.A.T

Doogolas
03-27-2010, 02:28 AM
Kozel, what possibly indicates him joking? I mean, I would HOPE he is. But there's nothing that clearly indicates it.

Ray_R
03-27-2010, 02:31 AM
Its about 2 in tha morning and I just LOL'D

sacgiants1213
03-27-2010, 02:38 AM
And Warriors fans want the 2nd best nba player off their team....?

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 02:56 AM
I don't understand why people are criticizing Monta Ellis so much. He may be wrong about himself, but he ain't wrong about Kobe. I'd probably put Ellis in the top 5 behind Kobe, Wade, LeBron, and Pau.

Doogolas
03-27-2010, 03:01 AM
:laugh2: Are you serious? Monta isn't even top 20. The guy is actually really ****ing bad.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 03:02 AM
:laugh2: Are you serious? Monta isn't even top 20. The guy is actually really ****ing bad.

He can drop 40 on any given night if he didn't have to share the ball with Curry. He could easily lead the league in scoring. And he's 2nd in the league in steals per game.

theLgndKllr35
03-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Monta needs to put down the pipe and come back to reality.

If Monta Ellis is the second best basketball player in the world, maybe we all need to find the pipe.

Doogolas
03-27-2010, 03:05 AM
He can drop 40 on any given night if he didn't have to share the ball with Curry. He could easily lead the league in scoring. And he's 2nd in the league in steals per game.

He's one of the worst on ball defenders... ever. And he's an meh-efficient scorer. Anyone could score 40 on any given night if they took every shot. He's a mediocre 3PT shooter and he's just not very efficient. There are at least 20 players better in the NBA than him.

Just to name a few off the top of my head:

Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, Melo, Dwight, CP3, Pierce, Durant, Amare, Bosh.

td0tsfinest
03-27-2010, 03:10 AM
Come on guys, obviously he's joking around.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Come on guys, obviously he's joking around.

But he's right in that Kobe is #1. And he's right in that LeBron is #3. Wade is #2. Monta is #5 behind Pau who is #4.

djeller1139
03-27-2010, 03:15 AM
But he's right in that Kobe is #1. And he's right in that LeBron is #3. Wade is #2. Monta is #5 behind Pau who is #4.

Pau at four :pity:

Monta at five is bad too..coming from a Warriors fan.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Pau at four :pity:

Monta at five is bad too..coming from a Warriors fan.

Pau is the best big man in the game today. He has more offensive moves than Dwight, he's a better free throw shooter than Dwight, he's a better passer than Dwight, he has a higher basketball IQ than Dwight, he has a softer touch than Dwight around the rim, he's a better jumpshooter than Dwight, he has a more refined offensive game than Dwight, and he already has an NBA Championship and FIBA World Championship and Olympic Silver Medal to his resume along with rookie of the year and 2 all-star game appearances. Pau is at #4. Even Kobe has gone out to say that Pau is one of the best players in the world.

And Monta is a beast. With no Curry, he'd be challenging LeBron and Durant for the scoring title this season.

td0tsfinest
03-27-2010, 03:24 AM
Pau is the best big man in the game today. He has more offensive moves than Dwight, he's a better free throw shooter than Dwight, he's a better passer than Dwight, he has a higher basketball IQ than Dwight, he has a softer touch than Dwight around the rim, he's a better jumpshooter than Dwight, he has a more refined offensive game than Dwight, and he already has an NBA Championship and FIBA World Championship and Olympic Silver Medal to his resume along with rookie of the year and 2 all-star game appearances. Pau is at #4. Even Kobe has gone out to say that Pau is one of the best players in the world.

And Monta is a beast. With no Curry, he'd be challenging LeBron and Durant for the scoring title this season.

or your being serious? for a guy named GaSoft16, you love Gasol a lot.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 03:26 AM

It's a way to toughen up the great Pau Gasol to not play soft. The theme for Pau the rest of the season. When the playoffs roll around, Pau will **** on everyone and will lead the Lakers to a championship and become Finals MVP.

DCB/LAL
03-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Would of had more credibilty if he hadn't said......

No. 2, I would have to say, me. I can do a whole lot of things: defend, score, make passes, do whatever I need to do.

After I read that he lost all credibility.

WestCoastPhan
03-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Can't believe he actually said that, maybe he meant he's No.2 on the Warriors, behind Curry lol

JiffyMix88
03-27-2010, 03:49 AM
there u go monta make ur case

tredigs
03-27-2010, 03:49 AM

Hahah...

Gasoft, will you please make me an argument as to how Monta Ellis is better than Chris Paul or Kevin Durant. I will settle for either...

(You also might want to take note that Monta Ellis isn't exactly sharing the ball to much with anyone, the dude takes the most field goal attempts in the NBA, bar none. And I don't know if you watch the Warriors at all, but if you do, you'd realize that he's really into this whole dribble-up-the-entire-court-dont-pass-or-set-up-any-type-of-offense-jumpshot thing)

Readyyyyyy, go!

JiffyMix88
03-27-2010, 03:50 AM

thought it meant hes gay and soft :shurg:

ryder78c
03-27-2010, 03:51 AM
im pretty sure it was a joke after lebron said he could win scoring title

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Hahah...

Gasoft, will you please make me an argument as to how Monta Ellis is better than Chris Paul or Kevin Durant, I will settle for either.

(You also might want to take note that Monta Ellis isn't exactly sharing the ball to much with anyone, the dude takes the most field goal attempts in the NBA, bar none. And I don't know if you watch the Warriors at all, but if you do, you'd realize that he's really into this whole dribble-up-the-entire-court-dont-pass-or-set-up-any-type-of-offense-jumpshot thing)

Readyyyyyy, go!

If Chris Paul can actually stay on the floor in a Hornets uniform moreso than in a suit on the bench (which has been the case for most of this yr), then you can say that he's above Monta, who's been beasting it this yr.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 03:53 AM
thought it meant hes gay and soft :shurg:

No, Pau Gasol is not gay, just a little soft at times.

tredigs
03-27-2010, 03:59 AM
If Chris Paul can actually stay on the floor in a Hornets uniform moreso than in a suit on the bench (which has been the case for most of this yr), then you can say that he's above Monta, who's been beasting it this yr.

So nothing for Durant, and your explanation for why Monta is better than Cp3 is because Paul got hurt in a freak ON-COURT accident this year and had to miss part of the season (although he worked his as* off to come back before it was over to get back with his team)? Missing part of one season is enough to knock a player off his pedestal, while Monta is in the Bay playing some of the most selfish ball I've ever seen and posting one of the worst plus-minus's in the NBA. I.e., he makes the team worse when he is in the game.

You do realize that Monta missed most of last season because he broke his leg putting around on a moped, right?

I'll leave you alone for now, you obviously have ...uh... different opinions that run opposite of reason.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:02 AM
So nothing for Durant, and your explanation for why Monta is better than Cp3 is because Paul got hurt in a freak ON-COURT accident this year and had to miss part of the season (although he worked his as* off to come back before it was over to get back with his team)? Missing part of one season is enough to knock a player off his pedestal, while Monta is in the Bay playing some of the most selfish ball I've ever seen and posting one of the worst plus-minus's in the NBA. I.e., he makes the team worse when he is in the game.

You do realize that Monta missed most of last season because he broke his leg putting around on a moped, right?

I'll leave you alone for now, you obviously have ...uh... different opinions that run opposite of reason.

Regardless of who is better between Paul and Ellis, the fact of the matter is that Pau is better than both of them, and he isn't too far behind LeBron. If Pau wins his 2nd title this yr, and IMO, wins Finals MVP, he will surpass LeBron to become the #3 player behind Kobe and Wade.

That Guy Mooque
03-27-2010, 04:08 AM
Because Monta Ellis didn't spend a lot of last season injured/suspended? CP3 has been mentioned in MVP voting more than once. Monta will never come close.

Going through the first few pages of this thread, I thought that nobody would be dumb enough to seriously agree. Monta is not even in the conversation of best in the league. And I'm sorry, Monta was serious as cancer. He was too specific in his reasoning. Either that or he is not funny at all. The only thing Monta can do is score, and he needs 30+ shots to do so. And even when he does, odds are he's in danger of fouling out. Ellis is not even top-5 in that division. I think he should be suspended for being this openly dumb. Even Ron Artest would tell him he's gone too far.

That Guy Mooque
03-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Regardless of who is better between Paul and Ellis, the fact of the matter is that Pau is better than both of them, and he isn't too far behind LeBron. If Pau wins his 2nd title this yr, and IMO, wins Finals MVP, he will surpass LeBron to become the #3 player behind Kobe and Wade.

How is Pau better? He's better because of Kobe. To put it in perspective, replace Andries Biedrens (spelling?) with Pau, he takes a few steps back. Pau is a product of the Lakers system. He wasn't even in the running for top center when he was playing in Memphis. Even the season he was traded. He was very good, but not the best.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:18 AM
How is Pau better? He's better because of Kobe. To put it in perspective, replace Andries Biedrens (spelling?) with Pau, he takes a few steps back. Pau is a product of the Lakers system. He wasn't even in the running for top center when he was playing in Memphis. Even the season he was traded. He was very good, but not the best.

Kobe is great. Pau makes Kobe even greater. Kobe has gone out in saying that he got the league MVP award because his teammates were the ones that made him better. Pau is not a product of the Lakers system, he's the one that makes the system go.

LeBron is in the most shallow system of all....the LeBron offense. Ram into the defender and try to get that And 1 with the refs calling it everytime. Not as impressive than the skillset of Pau Gasol and what he's able to do in the triangle offense.

That Guy Mooque
03-27-2010, 04:19 AM
And one last thing GaSoft, I love how you think your member name on this site is going to inspire Pau Gasol to not be as soft. I'm not even arguing anymore, I am seriously feeling guilty about everyone arguing with you. I hope everything works out for you.

That Guy Mooque
03-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Kobe is great. Pau makes Kobe even greater. Kobe has gone out in saying that he got the league MVP award because his teammates were the ones that made him better. Pau is not a product of the Lakers system, he's the one that makes the system go.

LeBron is in the most shallow system of all....the LeBron offense. Ram into the defender and try to get that And 1 with the refs calling it everytime. Not as impressive than the skillset of Pau Gasol and what he's able to do in the triangle offense.

If that's true what your saying about LeBron, shouldn't two straight MVP's and two straight 60-plus win seasons make him #1? If he's doing that all himself, and Pau and Kobe are both top-5 (in your opinion), isn't what LeBron's doing "by himself" more impressive than what Kobe/Pau are doing?

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:23 AM
And one last thing GaSoft, I love how you think your member name on this site is going to inspire Pau Gasol to not be as soft. I'm not even arguing anymore, I am seriously feeling guilty about everyone arguing with you. I hope everything works out for you.

Works out for me? I don't get it Mooque. All I know that after this season, when the Lakers win another championship and Pau Gasol wins Finals MVP, and LeBron is no longer a Cavalier (sorry Cavs fans, if he don't win the title, he is going to leave), everyone will be saying Gasol > LeBron. Sorry, that's the truth. 2 rings > 0 rings. (LeBron will be 2x league mvp, but Pau will be a 2x champion)

heathonater
03-27-2010, 04:24 AM
monta ellis is not the second best player in the league, and in my opinion lebron has surpassed kobe as a basketball player. he can do it all, score, give assists and elevate his teams to new level. even though lebron hasnt won a title yet, he will win multiple titles because of his versatility.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:25 AM
If that's true what your saying about LeBron, shouldn't two straight MVP's and two straight 60-plus win seasons make him #1? If he's doing that all himself, and Pau and Kobe are both top-5 (in your opinion), isn't what LeBron's doing "by himself" more impressive than what Kobe/Pau are doing?

LeBron has other teammates on the floor last time I checked.

That Guy Mooque
03-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Robert Horry has two more rings than Jordan, does that make Horry better than MJ?

LeBroom
03-27-2010, 04:26 AM

:facepalm: Idiot. The Triangle in Chicago, without PAU GASOL (Jordan era) won 6 championships, 2 3-peats. The Triangle in Los Angeles won 3 championships (Kobe-Shaq era), without Pau Gasol.

Now all of a sudden, Pau Gasol is NOT A PRODUCT of the SYSTEM? And he's the one that makes the system go? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Idiot.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:27 AM
monta ellis is not the second best player in the league, and in my opinion lebron has surpassed kobe as a basketball player. he can do it all, score, give assists and elevate his teams to new level. even though lebron hasnt won a title yet, he will win multiple titles because of his versatility.

How does versatility = multiple titles? His teammates have to been on par with him in terms of determination and the will to win, which they lack. Kobe's teammates have that determination and will to win, with Pau, Lamar, Fisher, and now, the newcomer Artest is developing that as well as the young Bynum.

That Guy Mooque
03-27-2010, 04:27 AM
But you said that the Cav's system calls for Lebron to drive the lane every time. Based on YOUR logic, he does it by himself.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:28 AM
Robert Horry has two more rings than Jordan, does that make Horry better than MJ?

Not once in his career was Horry the main guy. At least for 6 1/2 yrs, Pau was the main guy in Memphis, and has also been a great leading countryman, leading Spain to the 2008 Silver and the 2006 World Championships.

JiffyMix88
03-27-2010, 04:28 AM
all i got to say to kobe's statement is...duh its just like when ur a teenager and u havent ever had pu$$y ur gonna wanna know what pu$$y feels like the lakers on the other hand already know how that feels so of course the lebrons r gonna try harder but that dont mean they will get it because the lakers know how it is and what it takes to get pu$$y get what im saying?

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:29 AM
:facepalm: Idiot. The Triangle in Chicago, without PAU GASOL (Jordan era) won 6 championships, 2 3-peats. The Triangle in Los Angeles won 3 championships (Kobe-Shaq era), without Pau Gasol.

Now all of a sudden, Pau Gasol is NOT A PRODUCT of the SYSTEM? And he's the one that makes the system go? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Idiot.

No need to be calling me an idiot.

That Guy Mooque
03-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Not once in his career was Horry the main guy. At least for 6 1/2 yrs, Pau was the main guy in Memphis, and has also been a great leading countryman, leading Spain to the 2008 Silver and the 2006 World Championships.

So your logic is, LeBron hasn't won yet as the main guy? Neither has Pau! Take Kobe off the Lakers. Is that even a 50-win team in the west? I don't think so.

tredigs
03-27-2010, 04:33 AM

hah eh, that's debatable...

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:34 AM
hah eh, that's debatable...

I'm not calling anyone an idiot.

Am I?

I'm simply posting and expressing my opinions.

LeBroom
03-27-2010, 04:35 AM
all i got to say to kobe's statement is...duh its just like when ur a teenager and u havent ever had pu$$y ur gonna wanna know what pu$$y feels like the lakers on the other hand already know how that feels so of course the lebrons r gonna try harder but that dont mean they will get it because the lakers know how it is and what it takes to get pu$$y get what im saying?

This post is very ********, but very FUNNY at the same time. HAHA. Thumbs up mate. (Not sarcastic at all)

LeBroom
03-27-2010, 04:35 AM

Am I?

Sorry bout that. I was in a bad mood, until the post about the comparison of the Championship and a Pu$$y. XD

That Guy Mooque
03-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Oohhh man, I'm sorry. Now I get it. You're doing your best Monta impression! Here we are all concerned that you're serious about the things you've said. But in actuality, we just didn't realize it was a joke.

JiffyMix88
03-27-2010, 04:37 AM
This post is very ********, but very FUNNY at the same time. HAHA. Thumbs up mate. (Not sarcastic at all)

lol i posted it in the kobe thinks lebrons the hungier team i thought it was funny myself so i wanted to post it where other ppl were actually up and at, at this time in the morning that is :D

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:37 AM
Sorry bout that. I was in a bad mood, until the post about the comparison of the Championship and a Pu$$y. XD

It's okay. I have no hate against any NBA player. I have opinions as a fan, plain and simple. No evil intent from my side.

tredigs
03-27-2010, 04:44 AM

Am I?

aha, it's no hate against you as a person dude. But when you try to make an argument that someone whose highest personal accolade is an all league 3rd team appearance (1x) in Gasol as being able to trump Lebron as the "third best" player in the league, you just show a huge lack of understanding IMO. At first I thought you were baiting, but I think you might actually be serious. Which is why it's so ironic that you are the only one on this forum that thinks Monta has merit in what he is saying.

Gasol is a very impressive player, and possibly an arguable fringe top ten guy, but top 2-3? No, not even if he's finals MVP would that be the case. And I have a hard time believing that even that will the case.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 04:47 AM
aha, it's no hate against you as a person dude. But when you try to make an argument that someone whose highest personal accolade is an all league 3rd team appearance (1x) in Gasol as being able to trump Lebron as the "third best" player in the league, you just show a huge lack of understanding IMO. At first I thought you were baiting, but I think you might actually be serious. Which is why it's so ironic that you are the only one on this forum that thinks Monta has merit in what he is saying.

Gasol is a very impressive player, and possibly an arguable fringe top ten guy, but top 2-3? No, not even if he's finals MVP would that be the case. And I have a hard time believing that even that will the case.

It is all good. Regardless, I just want the Lakers to win another championship at the end of the day. Monta, Kobe, Pau, LeBron etc can say whatever they want, but I just want the purple & gold to win it all. At the end of the day, team > 1 individual (no matter who that individual is).

xBLAMEITON24x
03-27-2010, 05:24 AM

NortonMang
03-27-2010, 06:40 AM
LOL that's a joke.

Can't rreally blame him too much though...he raves confidence. If I was in the NBA I wouldn't want to admit someone is better than me.

Damn right. Hell no!

magichatnumber9
03-27-2010, 07:12 AM
I am sure he was just joking. My god its Monta for crying out loud.

Evolution23
03-27-2010, 07:28 AM
#1 Evolution23, #2 Kobe #3 Monte #4 Lebron

Reversed86Curse
03-27-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't understand why people are criticizing Monta Ellis so much. He may be wrong about himself, but he ain't wrong about Kobe. I'd probably put Ellis in the top 5 behind Kobe, Wade, LeBron, and Pau.

? I sure hope you just left out an L......

Reversed86Curse
03-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Works out for me? I don't get it Mooque. All I know that after this season, when the Lakers win another championship and Pau Gasol wins Finals MVP, and LeBron is no longer a Cavalier (sorry Cavs fans, if he don't win the title, he is going to leave), everyone will be saying Gasol > LeBron. Sorry, that's the truth. 2 rings > 0 rings. (LeBron will be 2x league mvp, but Pau will be a 2x champion)

Everyone huh? You're out of your mind to think that. Only delusional 'fans/stalkers' like your self, or blatant Lakers homers would make that statement

Corey
03-27-2010, 07:55 AM
The best part is that he said he could defend.

That's hilarious.

ankit
03-27-2010, 09:08 AM
ohh my mr ellis what kind of drugs are you on, your not even close to the top 10 or 20 loll forget the top 2, your only one thing a one sided player that can score and thats it!

akay47
03-27-2010, 09:25 AM
maaan, he must be joking, I love Monta, but come on dog, you've spent more time at the doctor's office then on the basketball court. "STEP YOOO GAME UPPP!"

$ NyC $
03-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Comon everybody, do the FACE:facepalm:PALM !!

JNA17
03-27-2010, 10:01 AM
:laugh: at everybody taking this seriously

fairandbalanced
03-27-2010, 10:16 AM
he's not even no1 on his own team.......Stephen Curry must take offense to that statement.

kozelkid
03-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Kozel, what possibly indicates him joking? I mean, I would HOPE he is. But there's nothing that clearly indicates it.

But cause no one has an ego THAT big. I mean seriously.

flores
03-27-2010, 10:31 AM
:laugh: at everybody taking this seriously
this

dtmagnet
03-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Hahaha well that kid has confidence.

Raidaz4Life
03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Monta just became one of my favorite players in history! That was awesome! I've always been a huge Monta fan but that just seals the deal

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
:speechless: This guy cant be serious... Whoever he was talking to prolly laughed in his face. What a stupid thing to say while your team is 31 games under .500!!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mjqusoldier
03-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Monta Ellis on drugs

$ NyC $
03-27-2010, 10:54 AM
he's not even no1 on his own team.......Stephen Curry must take offense to that statement.

Haha this post is pure beauty. Wish some1 would tell this to Monta.

SirCalvin81
03-27-2010, 11:02 AM
this guy has got 2 b kidding

KB24PG16
03-27-2010, 11:11 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

masalex1205
03-27-2010, 11:28 AM
hahahaha

IRUAM #21
03-27-2010, 12:09 PM

LeBron has other teammates on the floor last time I checked.

How does versatility = multiple titles? His teammates have to been on par with him in terms of determination and the will to win, which they lack. Kobe's teammates have that determination and will to win, with Pau, Lamar, Fisher, and now, the newcomer Artest is developing that as well as the young Bynum.

Am I?

It's okay. I have no hate against any NBA player. I have opinions as a fan, plain and simple. No evil intent from my side.

It is all good. Regardless, I just want the Lakers to win another championship at the end of the day. Monta, Kobe, Pau, LeBron etc can say whatever they want, but I just want the purple & gold to win it all. At the end of the day, team > 1 individual (no matter who that individual is).

HoopsDrive
03-27-2010, 12:18 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

showtym24
03-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Just shows you how much kobe is respected. Someone with that much of an ego puts kobe ahead of em.

Jamiecballer
03-27-2010, 12:33 PM
when does Cleveland play Golden State next? i smell a 60 point game for Lebron coming.

jrm2054
03-27-2010, 12:35 PM
He must be on drugs he aint even top 10:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepal m::facepalm:

KnicksorBust
03-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Serious Question: Is there any chance he was joking when he said it? I'd love to see a video of how he answered the question. He might have just been bustin balls.

smith&wesson
03-27-2010, 12:37 PM
i like it. if you want to be the best you have to think that way. he may be wrong but one day he could be among the best. and im not a homer..

Hawkeye15
03-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Ellis isn't even a top 20 player. What a complete idiot.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-27-2010, 01:05 PM

NYYCowboys
03-27-2010, 01:10 PM
why is Gasoft's name a derogatory nickname for Pau Gasol yet he thinks that Gasol is the 2nd best player in the league?

prodigy
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Sorry Ellie, Brad Miller is #2.

MJ-BULLS
03-27-2010, 01:15 PM
oh wow :laugh2:

glockworkorange
03-27-2010, 01:17 PM
next time the warriors play the cavs, lebrons gonna do him like he did chris bosh and his girl up toronto

RadiantShot
03-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Monta isn't even in the top 10. God. This is hilarious.

Jays Claw
03-27-2010, 02:02 PM
This just made my day. :laugh2:

effen5
03-27-2010, 02:03 PM

X2 hahahhahaha

tdunk21
03-27-2010, 02:07 PM
monta ellis.....really dumb thing to say....u and ur team suck........think about winning a game or two before running ur mouth....foolish punk....

Jays Claw
03-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Monta Ellis isn't even in the top ten. :facepalm:

BlinkManJan02
03-27-2010, 02:13 PM
That's pretty outrageous, I've barely even heard of the guy.

Kakaroach
03-27-2010, 02:14 PM
It seemed like he was joking. :shrug:

save the knicks
03-27-2010, 02:17 PM
if lebron played on the warriors they would be top 4 in the west and score 120 a game.

If Monta was on the Cavs they are fighting the Bulls and Raps for the 8th seed

Giantwarrior
03-27-2010, 02:24 PM
he said that while laughing. it sounds much different when you read the transcription. he was just joking when he said it.

Jays Claw
03-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Monta Ellis should be kicked in the *** for mentioning his name with LeBron James and Kobe Bryant.

djeller1139
03-27-2010, 02:29 PM
he said that while laughing. it sounds much different when you read the transcription. he was just joking when he said it.

good..that's a relief.

Can you post the link to the interview if possible?

ManningToTyree
03-27-2010, 02:37 PM
He isn't even the best all around player on his own ********* team

$ NyC $
03-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I bet he was joking. No way he could mean that seriously.

GSW Hoops
03-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Lmao #2. I hope he was joking.

homestarunner93
03-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Well, he was 0/3 in that statement...

HoopsDrive
03-27-2010, 04:54 PM
i like it. if you want to be the best you have to think that way. he may be wrong but one day he could be among the best. and im not a homer..

If that's his mindset he should of said he was the best in the league. I don't see the point in saying, oh I'm better than LeBron but Kobe is better than me. Obviously he was jk but damn...

Hellcrooner
03-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Im dissapointed.

He should think he is number 1

I mean thats what all players think and should think bout themselves to be competitive.

urnuttynut
03-27-2010, 05:06 PM
it's like marbury sayin he's the best PG in the league

Nighthawk
03-27-2010, 05:09 PM
:speechless:

BosoxPapi61
03-27-2010, 05:11 PM
I am better than Monta. LeBron is better than me. So, LeBron is better than Monta...its the facts

Hellcrooner
03-27-2010, 05:21 PM
IM better than All of them

Cooking paella.

ElMarroAfamado
03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
i have seen ellis play alot
and this has to be the funniest thing i have read in a long long time
unless this is a joke?

Public Enemy #1
03-27-2010, 05:55 PM
it was a joke.....

Public Enemy #1
03-27-2010, 05:55 PM
monta ellis.....really dumb thing to say....u and ur team suck........think about winning a game or two before running ur mouth....foolish punk....

dumb dumb, it was a joke..... :eyebrow:

Blackjack24
03-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Asinine.

mbthefuture
03-27-2010, 06:06 PM
mayb he ment he was 2nd best player on histeam dont no y heincluded lbj and kobe tho

champ101695
03-27-2010, 06:17 PM
wow...hahaha

TmacBryant
03-27-2010, 07:08 PM
ellis is a great player, top 20-30 tbh.

he has great defense and can score, but not better than lebron

bigsams50
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
:laugh: I needed a good laugh for the day

Jays Claw
03-27-2010, 08:03 PM
^ Same here. :laugh2:

xBLAMEITON24x
03-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Made my day

GaSoft16
03-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Pau is the best.

E.O.21
03-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Pau is the best.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahah.......... the best what???... wuss?

roshan3ai
03-28-2010, 01:31 AM

IRUAM #21
03-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Pau is the best.

Hellcrooner, no need to make duplicates in order to show your affection towards Pau.

kikeyanez
03-28-2010, 02:06 AM
ellis is crazy

Ty Fast
03-28-2010, 02:11 AM
i am #1

Venomous88
03-28-2010, 03:41 AM
This is so stupid...why would Ellis consider himself only number #2?

ESaady
03-28-2010, 04:00 AM
looool.

So dumb. As a Warriors fan, I can honestly say I consider him #2...

...on the team behind Curry.

_KB24_
03-28-2010, 04:04 AM
5 bucks Hellcrooner made that account!

AI4MVP
03-28-2010, 04:17 AM
wow. i love monta, but seriously dude? serioiusly?? wow

Ebbs
03-28-2010, 04:24 AM
Lol I dont know why anyone would take this seriously he cant honestly think that? does he even make anyones top 15 ? LMAO

Venomous88
03-28-2010, 04:31 AM
Honestly, I think the players who are up there should all consider themselves number one. That's just the confidence you need to be successful in the NBA.

Chateamsfan
03-28-2010, 04:31 AM
Well at least he isnt Stephen Jackson saying he better than Kobe LOL! And I'm a Bobcats fan!

mr_relevant
03-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Kobe > Steph Curry > Lebron

;)

MTar786
03-28-2010, 07:10 AM
somebody has been stealing ron rons henny!

ragee
03-28-2010, 09:22 AM
LMAO!!!! I didn't know that he can defend... :rolleyes:

ragee
03-28-2010, 09:24 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

nuggetsyankees
03-28-2010, 09:38 AM
he can score but thats about it

xxseven72ducexx
03-28-2010, 10:58 AM
what's wrong with this guy? i know he doesn't think he's better than LeBron, he's just clownin hard...it's LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, Durant and then maybe Monta Ellis...probably not though, I just can't really think of who else right now

kntresistheheat
03-28-2010, 11:02 AM
I think he ment, that he is number 2 on his team...behind curry?? You got to give him some slack he was a little:drunk:

lggydelphia
03-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Ellis has big numbers in an inflated Warriors system, he's not even a top 15 player in my books right now.

heatking
03-28-2010, 12:15 PM
i actually agree with ellis...

NOT!!!

Hellcrooner
03-28-2010, 02:57 PM

you owe me 5 bucks.

Since i didnt .

tredigs
03-28-2010, 03:36 PM
what's wrong with this guy? i know he doesn't think he's better than LeBron, he's just clownin hard...it's LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, Durant and then maybe Monta Ellis...probably not though, I just can't really think of who else right now

I'll help you. Chris Paul, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard, Brandon Roy, Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, Deron Williams, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, and Josh Smith are all undeniably better than him. That's just off the top of my head.

Anyways, some guy earlier in this thread said that he saw the video of the interview, and that Monta was laughing as he said it. Therefore, dude was joking and this entire thread is misguided.

Giants-49ers-Ws
03-28-2010, 03:44 PM
monta supporter..but he's a ****ing idiot

IversonIsKrazy
03-28-2010, 05:07 PM
i cant believe it, how can he label him self so high?? What has he done, his own under 20 win team plays better w/o him, I already didn't like him because he limited CUrry's game, but I mean, who the hell does he think he is. I mean better than LeBron, WAde, Dwight, CP, D-Will, even Stephen Curry is a joke. S Curry > M Ellis. He is a ******... thas all I have left to say, he is a ******.

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-28-2010, 05:17 PM
:laugh2: Oh my God. That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Monta Ellis not only aren't you #2 you're probably not even top 30. You ****ing suck.

says the guy with the James Johnson Sig pic

Raidaz4Life
03-28-2010, 05:20 PM
You guys are all just hating, In a few years Monta is going to be so good that all of you are going to be asking "Lebron who?"

D Roses Bulls
03-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Pietrus>Lebron

LALakersKC
03-28-2010, 05:30 PM
There's nothing wrong with confidence/cockiness

Grifftiggs
03-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Monta = Idiot

tdunk21
03-28-2010, 05:37 PM
You guys are all just hating, In a few years Monta is going to be so good that all of you are going to be asking "Lebron who?"

tdunk21
03-28-2010, 05:38 PM

:rolleyes:

godolphins
03-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow:facepalm:

hans dolo
03-28-2010, 05:46 PM
monta ellis will go down as the greatest player in history.........in his own mind while he's in a padded cell.

AI4MVP
03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
i can see why hes so confident. like the dude can score whenever he wants to.and hes a very decent defender, even tho hes usually matching up with bigger playersd then himself. but hes wrong obvioulsy lol. but he does deserve to be confident. like it wouldnt be so terrible if he said hes after duraant kobe and lebron

AI4MVP
03-28-2010, 08:52 PM
and i think if given the opportunity, leandro barbosa can be just as good as monta ellis

Jays Claw
03-28-2010, 08:57 PM
^ Really? :facepalm:

AI4MVP
03-28-2010, 09:14 PM
yes. reallly. barbosa can do everything monta can, and is a better three point shooter. if given the same minutes, role, and if he was as much as a ball hog, barbosa would be on montas level

drobe86
03-28-2010, 09:16 PM
That has to be a joke lol..... Monta isn't on the same planet as any of the elite players in the league.

sunnydayin'zona
03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
second on his team maybe...?

cav_till_i_die
03-28-2010, 09:55 PM
:crazy:

Miltown34
03-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Monta Ellis' swagger is at an all time high. He sure has a LOT OF CONFIDENCE to say this. I'm not saying he is the 2nd best player in the League... But he's definitely in the Top 15-20.

We'll all see him back up his claims when he gets traded from Golden State, or when they start getting a real Coach and Steph gets traded. Steph and Ellis won't work, something's got to give.

But I personally think Ellis would thrive in a good system, with competent/real big men. He is a good 1st option, + having a legit big man like Amare can do wonders for his game too.

Def I doubt it, he plays in an inflated system with a bunch of losers and other stars play with other players. I don't even know how to make a joke about this. If your the 2nd best player, you would at least have made an all-star, been in the MVP race, did something historic, made your team better, and your fans wouldn't want you to be traded. Dude might not be top 25-30 arguably but he showcases his skills because they don't play real bball they just run and gun

Miltown34
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM

Are you serious dude, his stats are good, his impact not so much. and 2 that dude that said LeBron who? Monta is already like 25-26 so in a couple years he still won't even make an all-star appearance and still be on a losing team.

Bishnoff
03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I hope Ellis is joking.

theimortalone
03-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Whatever you say Monta! :rolleyes:

J_M_B
03-28-2010, 11:23 PM

sventhedog
03-29-2010, 02:51 AM
he maybe talking about brain. he can be smarter than lebron.

THE MTL
03-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Monta Ellis isnt even Top 20. The Warriors suck! He averages like 4.5 turnovers per game. Stephen Curry is about to become the franchise! .....but you better than Lebron.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

momoneyyyy
03-29-2010, 03:19 AM
why would he even mention his name with those two.

ldc62
03-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Who is he kidding, hes better than Kobe too...

iFYouSeekAmy
03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Who is he kidding, hes better than Kobe too...

EXACTLY.

HE IS the face of the NBA.

HE IS and will be the #1 hall-of-famer.

..even better than the legendary Mike James:worthy:

Monta Ellis isnt even Top 20. The Warriors suck! He averages like 4.5 turnovers per game. Stephen Curry is about to become the franchise! .....but you better than Lebron.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I believe that's baiting?

GaSoft16
03-31-2010, 12:42 AM
He's certainly not better than Pau Gasol.

footballer2369
03-31-2010, 01:25 AM
or Lena Gasol

wolf3742
03-31-2010, 01:57 AM
EXACTLY.

HE IS the face of the NBA.
HE IS and will be the #1 hall-of-famer.
..even better than the legendary Mike James :worthy:

Shame on you :no: that's blasphemy, Mike James is THE NBA. There is no league without him

BOSTON617
03-31-2010, 09:33 AM

r.i.p we will always remember u gasoft :facepalm:

MagicDojo
03-31-2010, 09:58 AM

there he is I was hoping you would say that.:clap: