PDA

View Full Version : How do you watch NBA games? (Please read top post before voting)

DenButsu
03-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Before getting to the question, a quick disclaimer:

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO ANY WEBSITE CONTAINING ILLEGAL CONTENT
*This includes sites that illegally stream games or provide illegal downloads.*
Posters who persist in posting such links may receive infractions.

Okay, with that out of the way, this is a survey to take a snapshot of how the NBA fans here at PSD watch their games.

Please check the THREE poll options (one for each section) that most closely match your NBA game viewing habits (your votes are anonymous):

-----------------------------

SECTION A

1 - I only watch games live on TV

2 - I only watch games on League Pass Broadband

3 - I mainly DVR games and watch them later

4 - I mainly use streaming sites and watch online

5 - I mainly download games and watch them later

6 - Combination of 1, 2 and 3

7 - Combination of 4 and 5

8 - Combination of 1-5

------------------------------

SECTION B

9 - I mainly watch live games

10 - I mainly watch recorded games

11 - I watch a mix of live and recorded games

SECTION C

12 - I mainly watch games on TV

13 - I mainly watch games on the computer

14 - I watch games on both TV and the computer

Sox Appeal
03-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Messed up voting in the poll. Epic fail on my part. I should have voted for: 6, 9, and 14.

DenButsu
03-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Messed up voting in the poll. Epic fail on my part. I should have voted for: 6, 9, and 14.

You sure about that? :cool:

asandhu23
03-26-2010, 02:35 AM
I turn my home theatre system on, crank the volume up and then watch the games live.

kingbrentg
03-26-2010, 02:38 AM
My Section A would be an exclusive combo of 1 and 4. What do I do?

kblo247
03-26-2010, 02:43 AM
I watch on the TV, but I use the computer for league pass games. I connect my laptop using a VGA cable to watch them on the TV.

I watch all Lakers games live and usually record Spurs/Magic games

This poll is missing an option though because when I am out I watch games with the League Pass Mobile App on my Iphone.

Lakersfan2483
03-26-2010, 02:45 AM
I prefer to watch games live and on my t.v.

Raph12
03-26-2010, 02:47 AM
"6 - Combination of 1, 2 and 3"

"11 - I watch a mix of live and recorded games"

"14 - I watch games on both TV and the computer "

Kohaku
03-26-2010, 03:09 AM
4,9 and 14 for me. My TV doesn't come with cable so I don't have the luxury of watching my team on big screen.

DenButsu
03-26-2010, 04:04 AM
My Section A would be an exclusive combo of 1 and 4. What do I do?

Maybe "8 - Combination of 1-5 "?

I tried to be complete without making things too complicated.

Also,

This poll is missing an option though because when I am out I watch games with the League Pass Mobile App on my Iphone.

I guess for that I'd go with "2 - I only watch games on League Pass Broadband". The main idea I was trying to get at there was pretty much "officially broadcast over the internet by the NBA".

kingbrentg
03-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Maybe "8 - Combination of 1-5 "?

I tried to be complete without making things too complicated.

Oh wow, my mistake. I read that one as 1 and 5, instead of 1 through 5.

:o

DenButsu
03-26-2010, 04:11 AM
:cheers: No worries - was a bit tricky trying to work my way through all the various possible options there... sorry if they're not all that clear or all-encompassing.

Trouble87
03-26-2010, 04:42 AM
I picked 6 combo of 1,2, and 3

pretty thorough job on the list of choices Butsu

Spurred1
03-26-2010, 04:45 AM
I watch the game with my eyes,Den. That's how I watch NBA games.

Seriously, I pick 11-although if I hear the game was awful, I erase it. Why torture myself?

GSW Hoops
03-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Before getting to the question, a quick disclaimer:

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO ANY WEBSITE CONTAINING ILLEGAL CONTENT
*This includes sites that illegally stream games or provide illegal downloads.*
Posters who persist in posting such links may receive infractions.

Okay, with that out of the way, this is a survey to take a snapshot of how the NBA fans here at PSD watch their games.

Please check the THREE poll options (one for each section) that most closely match your NBA game viewing habits (your votes are anonymous):

-----------------------------

SECTION A

1 - I only watch games live on TV

2 - I only watch games on League Pass Broadband

3 - I mainly DVR games and watch them later

4 - I mainly use streaming sites and watch online

5 - I mainly download games and watch them later

6 - Combination of 1, 2 and 3

7 - Combination of 4 and 5

8 - Combination of 1-5

SECTION B

9 - I mainly watch live games

10 - I mainly watch recorded games

11 - I watch a mix of live and recorded games

SECTION C

12 - I mainly watch games on TV

13 - I mainly watch games on the computer

14 - I watch games on both TV and the computer

You forgot actually attending NBA games ;-)

DLeeicious
03-26-2010, 09:48 AM
That was like taking a test

Iron24th
03-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I turn my home theatre system on, crank the volume up and then watch the games live.

Same here when I'm able to watch them live.

RadiantShot
03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Live games. I don't like taping games unless they're really epic. It's got to be a competitive game for me to want to tape it and watch the whole 2 hours and 30 minutes.

DenButsu
03-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Live games. I don't like taping games unless they're really epic.

I also prefer (and really, I think it goes without saying that most people who watch recorded games feel the same way) watching the games live. But the fact of the matter for me is that I live in Japan, and there are a lot of times when I simply can't see the games live.

And while I don't encourage anybody to follow suit, I'll acknowledge that I download spoiler-free games at times. And I'll resist the urge - all day - painfully, sometimes - to check the box score or sneak a peek at my RSS. I'll wait until 6 or 8 hours after the game has ended, after having kept myself in a media vacuum, and fire up the torrent (when it's there).

Sometimes I'm pissed as hell at myself for building up the drama so much, wasting so many hours, only to find out the Nuggets punked out and caved against a team they really should have beat. The anger at those losses is about 10 times the anger when I watch those losses live.

But on the other hand...

When I catch those great victories, and I successfully kept myself in the dark about the score all day (or 2 days, at the worst times, when nobody seeds the game)... and finally, I watch the game, knowing that although the score has already been settled, I can still experience the game as if it were live since I don't know the results... Yeah, when they win, and win good, it's always so worth the wait, and worth the self-imposed shame of putting the same amount of time and effort into watching the losses.

Definitely, it is. And I'm realizing now I left out one poll option which really would be a great tell:

"Do you watch all 82 games that your team plays?

For me, my 2007-08 answer would be no, but last season and this, it's yes.And even though it sucks to watch the losses, they're often more instructional than the wins, and are always well worth watching.

heathonater
03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
i watch live games, mostly local blazers broadcasts, which is pretty much every game of the year. i'll watch some national games on espn on sunday, but mostly watch the blazers.

Kakaroach
03-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I only watch on TV cuz I live in Utah so I get all the Jazz games. When it comes to the Hawks and Bengals, thats a different story.

And yes, only live games.

DenButsu
03-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Bump - please vote if you haven't already - thanks. :cool: