PDA

View Full Version : Lebron says he could win scoring title every year if he wanted to.

JordansBulls
03-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Link (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/03/delonte_west_is_smiling_and_th.html)

Score race heating up:
James and Kevin Durant are locked into what has the potential to be one of the tightest scoring title races of all time. James inched ahead of the Oklahoma City star when he scored 38 points Wednesday and Durant managed just 25 in the Thunder's victory. James is at 29.8 points a game and Durant is at 29.7.

Both men have played 70 games and James has just seven more total points, 2,086 to Durant's 2,077. If only they cared about it. Durant has already said he thinks James will win. James says he doesn't care and, if he did, he'd win the scoring race every year.

"If it happens, it happens, it is not important to me at all," said James, who won the scoring title in the 2007-08 season and at 27.8 points a game is currently the active leader in career scoring average.

"Our team is trying to clinch (homecourt advantage) for the whole playoffs and is more important. If I really wanted to, I if really wanted to win the scoring title I could win it every single year," James said. "Every single year, I could really do it. But it doesn't matter to me."

Ragun
03-25-2010, 09:50 PM
i agree.

Raidaz4Life
03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
The dude's a prick. Durant would tear him apart scoring wise.

PC
03-25-2010, 09:54 PM
It's true

bigsams50
03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
He could.

Sox Appeal
03-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Which is why he's averaging less points, and more spots per game than LeBron?

ManRam
03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I agree. Nothing wrong with being confident either. If he wanted to, he easily could. He's too much of a team player however.

Stirring the pot again are we JB? Love to get the LBJ bashing going.

cheezinmypocket
03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Lebron needs a manager or agent that is able to tell him to shut up and play.

It is getting tiring listening to him go on and on about his own greatness.

barreleffact
03-25-2010, 09:59 PM
most ppl arent so openly arrogant but, he was telling the truth.

iggypop123
nothing cocky about it. it would just mean more people complaining that he got 20 ft a game. he would rather sacrafice his shoulder lowering strategy to get a teammate a 3.

JordansBulls
I agree. Nothing wrong with being confident either. If he wanted to, he easily could. He's too much of a team player however.

Stirring the pot again are we JB? Love to get the LBJ bashing going.

I didn't say it, he said it. He said he focuses on HCA and not scoring titles, but he made the comment that if he wanted to win scoring titles he could do it anytime he wanted to.

cwilson21
If it's not important at all to you LeBron, then why even mention that you would win the scoring title every year?

Sox Appeal
03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
If it's not important at all to you LeBron, then why even mention that you would win the scoring title every year?

Because someone asked him a question about it?

deuces
03-25-2010, 10:02 PM
he could probably get 20ft a game if he wanted to

Public Enemy #1
03-25-2010, 10:03 PM
You guys are idiots. lol Its true, Lebron could do it every year. Durant only gets those points cause he takes 20+ shots a night and "magically" gets 10-15 free throws. Interesting how he couldn't do this last year or the year before. I guess Durant is considered one of the best, only the best get any call they want....

RadiantShot
03-25-2010, 10:03 PM
He could do it for 7-9 more consecutive seasons. He's that talented.

Dol-Fan
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
He could :confused: who cares if he said it? Not like he was just gloating about his greatness, a reporter asked him and he answered honestly. I think the bashers are taking this out of context - he's not at all concerned with the scoring race, and he is focused on HCA. He just said that he could win it every year as an aside, and he could.

Raph12
03-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Lebron's an arrogant prick, he needs to get what's coming to him, another early (for the #1 team in the league) playoff exit, courtesy of the real Superman.

His arrogance is mind-blowing, if it came right down to it and they all battled to score as much as they could with the freedom to shoot at will; Melo, Kobe, Durant and then Lebron for scoring champion IMO.

Lebron's lacking jumper would destroy him if people knew he was trying to score everytime down the floor... Clog the lane and let him bomb away, Melo, Kobe and Durant would score at will no matter what because of their all-around offensive games.

Public Enemy #1
03-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Lebron's an arrogant prick, he needs to get what's coming to him, another early (for the #1 team in the league) playoff exit, courtesy of the real Superman.

His arrogance is mind-blowing, if it came right down to it and they all battled to score as much as they could with the freedom to shoot at will; Melo, Kobe, Durant and then Lebron for scoring champion IMO.

Lebron's lacking jumper would destroy him if people knew he was trying to score everytime down the floor... Clog the lane and let him bomb away, Melo, Kobe and Durant would score at will no matter what.

What the hell are you talking about..... Kobe yes, Melo maybe... Durant! hell no, yeah if he takes his usual 25 attempts. Lebron can't shoot as good as any of them but he can drive better than any of them no matter what defense is on him, and he doesn't even need to score, that's why he gets 7+ assists a night. lol typical lebron hater, understandable though, lebron has been getting more arrogant lately...still isn't close to the prick Kobe

RadiantShot
03-25-2010, 10:13 PM

Lebron's lacking jumper would destroy him if people knew he was trying to score everytime down the floor... Clog the lane and let him bomb away, Melo, Kobe and Durant would score at will no matter what because of their all-around offensive games.

Raph, lol. Calm down man. I know he's arrogant sometimes. He does annoy me as much as the next guy. He is a showboat sometimes. He does stat-stuff sometimes. At the end of the day though, Lebron is the best player in the league right now. Give him some props at least. What do you want him to say? "Nawh, I suck, I'm gonna get knocked out the first round, and average 20 points." He CAN Average the most points in the league. I honestly think if he was selfish, he could average 35+. We've got to give him some props sometimes.

ryder78c
03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
You guys are idiots. lol Its true, Lebron could do it every year. Durant only gets those points cause he takes 20+ shots a night and "magically" gets 10-15 free throws. Interesting how he couldn't do this last year or the year before. I guess Durant is considered one of the best, only the best get any call they want....

:clap:

Exactly Durants on a garbage team take durant out of the mix and the thunder have nuthin! whoever keeps puttin durant vs lebron is dumb as hell lebron would crush durant

Lebron is a Beast! you cant even compare lebron to jordan or magic! lebrons in his own boat of greatness! and could easily take the scoring title he's trying to win a championship not get a title for himself!

DURANT IS NOT AS GOOD AS THE KIDS UNDER 18 MAKE HIM OUT TO BE

Lakersfanla24
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Ledouche strikes again, damn if his head gets any bigger its going to explode. Classic example of why people like me hate him even though he has the talent, STFU and play you arrogant ********.

RadiantShot
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
I bet if Kobe said that you'd be applauding him. :rolleyes:

jetsfan28
03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Not only can he do it, he can outscore anyone in the league by at least a full point every year too. He is the most dominant scorer in the game and it's not even remotely close.

Sox Appeal
03-25-2010, 10:26 PM

Agreed. Kobe calls himself the best player in the game, or say his game has no flaws, and people applaud him for it. LeBron says he could win the scoring title, and he gets ripped. Whatever. Double standards, FTW.

Mrphilly
03-25-2010, 10:26 PM

You sound like a bitter little girl. The man leading the league in scoring is saying, leading the league in scoring is not his focus. So he is arrogant because he would rather win a championship than get The scoring title.

All the guys you named are capable of leqading the league in scoring every year. He is arrogant for speaking the truth?

By the all the guys you named do have freedom to shoot, Lebron is the one doing the most scoring(and winning games)

MTar786
03-25-2010, 10:28 PM
if kobe melo and lebron tried their hardest to score kobe would win the scoring title every year followed by melo and then lebron with his 15+ freethrows courtesy of david stern and his refs. its sad to see how the nba grants foulds.. if they want u to be great u get every call.. if ur kobe and had a trial in 2004 they take all ur love away n let u get ur *** handed to u with no foul call

MTar786
03-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Agreed. Kobe calls himself the best player in the game, or say his game has no flaws, and people applaud him for it. LeBron says he could win the scoring title, and he gets ripped. Whatever. Double standards, FTW.

could u show me a kobe quote or a link of him saying that?

jetsfan28
03-25-2010, 10:29 PM
if kobe melo and lebron tried their hardest to score kobe would win the scoring title every year followed by melo and then lebron with his 15+ freethrows courtesy of david stern and his refs. its sad to see how the nba grants foulds.. if they want u to be great u get every call.. if ur kobe and had a trial in 2004 they take all ur love away n let u get ur *** handed to u with no foul call

No he wouldn't. Kobe DOESN'T try to win scoring titles and still has been breaking down a bit the last couple of years, he would a lot more at this point if he did try to win scoring titles.

Lakersfanla24
03-25-2010, 10:30 PM

actually i dont ride kobes nuts like some laker fans if he said something like this i would call him an arrogant prick too.:eyebrow:

RadiantShot
03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
actually i dont ride kobes nuts like some laker fans if he said something like this i would call him an arrogant prick too.:eyebrow:

Lakersfanla24
Nuff' Said.

momoneyyyy
03-25-2010, 10:33 PM
he eassily could he averages about 8 assists a game and could turn those into points.

kswissdaf
I agree but he is WAY to cocky

ManRam

Perfectly said. LeBron's life is a double standard. He gets away with less than any other player in the league.

Public Enemy #1
03-25-2010, 10:34 PM

Oh, I didn't realize that Lebron was the only one getting all the calls. Every game I see Kobe and Melo play, they get every call they want.... hmmmm interesting that you say Stern is just on Lebron's nuts. More like all franchise players. Melo gets away with the most along with Wade. I'm putting Durant up there now to, his free throws per game are way too high, he has been averaging 16 attempts in the last 25 games. It's a complete joke. Get yo ffffff'd up facts straight. ignorant laker fan :facepalm:

RadiantShot
03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Get's away with less than anyone in the league?

I'm confused.

Maybe because it's late -.-'

MTone8788
03-25-2010, 10:36 PM
People who bash any of these guys, Kobe or Lebron, are ridiculous. It's not the end of the world to be cocky. Put yourself in their shoes, they have been put on a pedestal since they were teenagers. They make tens of millions of dollars a year. It's not a surprise that they would be cocky. I think Lebron is very modest for all that he has achieved, and is going to achieve. It's not like he is saying "I'm the best scorer" or "Noone can score as much as me". He said that he "COULD" win the title. And so what? It's true.

Public Enemy #1
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
:clap:
People who bash any of these guys, Kobe or Lebron, are ridiculous. It's not the end of the world to be cocky. Put yourself in their shoes, they have been put on a pedestal since they were teenagers. They make tens of millions of dollars a year. It's not a surprise that they would be cocky. I think Lebron is very modest for all that he has achieved, and is going to achieve. It's not like he is saying "I'm the best scorer" or "Noone can score as much as me". He said that he "COULD" win the title. And so what? It's true.

Mrphilly
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Ledouche strikes again, damn if his head gets any bigger its going to explode. Classic example of why people like me hate him even though he has the talent, STFU and play you arrogant ********.
There isn't any player in the league as cocky as Kobe Bryant. With that being said, Kobe has every right to be, he is a great player. So why is it you hate Lebron? Do you tell Shaq or D wade, Mello to STFU and play or is just Lebron you want to be silent.

People kill when they Judge Lebrons Personality, as if they know him. Imagine if people judged you by a quote in the newspaper or a post game interview. Give me a break!!!

NYtilIdie
03-25-2010, 10:40 PM
If he had the mentality of Al Harrington he would average 35+ PPG easily.

He's just speaking the truth. I don't mind cocky (or arrogant) players or people. Its nice see somebody stand out and be themselves instead of this goody-goody two shoes the media and fans want them to be.

Even though I can't stand Kobe I had no problem with him being a little cocky by saying he has no offensive flaws because he's just speaking the truth.

Lakersfanla24
03-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Lakersfanla24
Nuff' Said.

Because of my username? uhh there might be some logic behind that somewhere. I picked this because the one i wanted lakersfanla247 was unavailable.:rolleyes:

Perfectly said. LeBron's life is a double standard. He gets away with less than any other player in the league.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh: Really? cmon ive seen you post better stuff than that. Dude is considered one of the best defenders in the league and has never fouled out of a game in 7 years?!?:speechless: his drives to the basket are 50% charges, its not football he acts like a running back the way he lowers his shoulder and plows people over.

GrandDaddyPurp
03-25-2010, 10:41 PM
so damn true

Public Enemy #1
03-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Because of my username? uhh there might be some logic behind that somewhere. I picked this because the one i wanted lakersfanla247 was unavailable.:rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh: Really? cmon ive seen you post better stuff than that. Dude is considered one of the best defenders in the league and has never fouled out of a game in 7 years?!?:speechless: his drives to the basket are 50% charges, its not football he acts like a running back the way he lowers his shoulder and plows people over.

As you guys continue to amaze me, Lebron isn't the only one that does it! Melo uses his off hand to create space every time he drives. Wade, Melo, Bryant, Durant all get phantom fouls. Lebron gets away with **** but no where near as much as Bryant or Melo. Are you that blinded by your Lebron hatred? :speechless:

Raps08-09 Champ
03-25-2010, 10:44 PM
could u show me a kobe quote or a link of him saying that?

I think there was a thread lasy week saying that he had no flaws in his offensive game(I think that the thread title was "Brandon Roy has no offensive flaws. Like me". That was what Kobe said.) And a lot of Lakers fans were agreeing.

The man just said he could win a scoring title and its being cocky? I think Lebron winning the scoring title is more accurate than Kobe absolutely having no flaws in his offensive game.

td0tsfinest
03-25-2010, 10:46 PM
I agree. Definitely. He might sound cocky and arrogant coming off saying that but it's true.

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 10:46 PM

How? when LeBrons jump-shot isn't even as consistent and he still might get it this year and he averages like 8.5 assist a game. if he wanted too I think he's saying if he wanted to just put up 35 a game and not play team bball and I agree and only cared about scoring because there's times when he looks to pass and he could force shots up, but mostly his FG% would be around 46 if he did that instead of 50%

Lakersfanla24
03-25-2010, 10:49 PM
As you guys continue to amaze me, Lebron isn't the only one that does it! Melo uses his off hand to create space every time he drives. Wade, Melo, Bryant, Durant all get phantom fouls. Lebron gets away with **** but no where near as much as Bryant or Melo. Are you that blinded by your Lebron hatred? :speechless:

They all get special treatment but to say that melo and kobe get away with more is absurd. The last time i saw a player get the treatment lebron gets it was MJ. Im not blinded by my hatred for him either i think hes a great basketball player and will go down as one of the all time greats. That being said hes so full of himself it is sickening. Some people like cockiness and arrogance in a player i dont Shut up and play the game.

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Kobe gets away with plenty calls, maybe LeBron gets away with more. But people should stop ragging other teams players. I like the Celtics but when they play my Bucks I know the Celtics get away with hacking other teams players, so does Kobe, LeBron and half of these dudes travel way too much. Almost all of these dudes get way too many calls except Dwight Howard. So it's not a big of deal as some people try to make it because I see it all the time.

Public Enemy #1
03-25-2010, 10:53 PM
They all get special treatment but to say that melo and kobe get away with more is absurd. The last time i saw a player get the treatment lebron gets it was MJ. Im not blinded by my hatred for him either i think hes a great basketball player and will go down as one of the all time greats. That being said hes so full of himself it is sickening. Some people like cockiness and arrogance in a player i dont Shut up and play the game.

What does Lebron get away with to the level that surpasses every other franchise player in the league? Maybe I'm a little bias cause when the Nuggets and Lakers play the Warriors, they get every single bs call imaginable. Phantom foul after phantom foul, Melo and Kobe never pick up fouls amazingly in those games too.

jetsfan28
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM

Neither did Wilt, ever, and some people call him the second best player ever. And it's true. People criticized him for not signing autographs for some people when a ****ing mob was following him at the mall. It's complete BS. He wasn't just talking about on the floor.

dodie53
03-25-2010, 10:55 PM
it's true,
it's true

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM

Your on the low end Kobe total endorsement deals+ basketball make almost 30 million a year same with all these other stars. tens of millions that was back in the 90's sir...It was true though what he said and if Kobe or Wade said I could win it, I mean that's possible too I think LeBron is too cocky sometimes, but hey so are a lot of other top players, some dudes just don't want to say things controversial

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
What does Lebron get away with to the level that surpasses every other franchise player in the league? Maybe I'm a little bias cause when the Nuggets and Lakers play the Warriors, they get every single bs call imaginable. Phantom foul after phantom foul, Melo and Kobe never pick up fouls amazingly in those games too.

Exactly bro that's what happens 2 my team to. LA this year that happened in Milwaukee, but last season KG smacked Bogut in the mouth Bogut started yelling and they kicked him out, but KG was in the game. So I'm just like whatever,I accept wats going to happen

Public Enemy #1
03-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Exactly bro that's what happens 2 my team to. LA this year that happened in Milwaukee, but last season KG smacked Bogut in the mouth Bogut started yelling and they kicked him out, but KG was in the game. So I'm just like whatever,I accept wats going to happen

I remember seeing that on sportscenter. Thats what I hate about the NBA, the refereeing has gotten worse every year. They're giving more and more calls to the so called franchise players and .500 teams or below get no fair treatment. It's complete bs

GodsSon
03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
How modest of him lol

WITZ
03-25-2010, 11:09 PM
If he averaged 2 assist like KD and shot more instead then he is right.

tredigs
03-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Your on the low end Kobe total endorsement deals+ basketball make almost 30 million a year same with all these other stars. tens of millions that was back in the 90's sir...It was true though what he said and if Kobe or Wade said I could win it, I mean that's possible too I think LeBron is too cocky sometimes, but hey so are a lot of other top players, some dudes just don't want to say things controversial

Well they don't make hundreds of millions a year, so actually he's right to say tens of millions.

Anyway, Lebron might be right about this one, and might not. He's not as well rounded a scorer as Durant, Kobe, or 'Melo. And Durant hasn't even hit the start of his prime yet (PS the dudes saying Durant takes 25+ shots a game, etc. are idiots. He takes the exact same amount of shots per game as Lebron [20] and the same number of free throws as well [10 for both] and the uproar about "phantom calls" is a little ridiculous as well. They get the fouls called on them because they are the most aggressive on the court, and legitimately draw the most fouls. I highly doubt the NBA and the refs are masterminding to play favorites by calling extra fouls for certain players in an attempt to raise their ppg 2 pts. There's little upside and a huge downside for this), so he might be reaching a bit with this statement. But if he's wrong, it's not by much. Regardless, I actually like the cockiness of a statement like this. Do you guys realize how much more cocky players back in the day were? All this PC **** is a little over the top these days. If you can back it up, then as far as I'm concerned you can go ahead and make all the confident remarks like this that you want. This is a sport, and entertainment, they should have fun with it. It's the ones that can't back it up that you have to laugh at. But LBJ? Yeah, he can talk.

flea
03-25-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't really care that he said it like some people here do, but nobody can deny that it's true. It's not really being arrogant, it's just a fact. It's too easy for him to score; if he were to take 25 shots per game his FG% would likely drop to 45% or so but he would probably score 32+ points per game.

The only part I may have a problem with was where he said he didn't care. Of course he cares, he's just not going to say it because he wants a ring first. Once he starts getting his rings I wouldn't be surprised if he did take more shots per game just to see if he can have some years approaching 35 PPG. But that's a ways away, barring injuries.

fishfan79
03-25-2010, 11:17 PM
weird thought wade won last year hmm

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-25-2010, 11:17 PM
i hate when players say things like that..

Hellcrooner
03-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Of course he can.

And chris queen or Dj Mbenga can do it to

of course providing they dont care bout winning games and they find stupid nough temmates to allow it and a stupid owner that does not care for wining and an stupid coach that allow them to take all the shots they want.

the only difference between lebron and dhj mbenga taking the scoring titles every year is the number of shots a gme needed to acomplish it and the number of victorys in each cases around 35 to 40 for lebron and aournd 0-2 for dj...

Marques24kobe
He is right he could if he wanted to. But guess what? So could about 5-10 other players. If you want to sacrifice your team then go ahead and do it. But hes smart enough not to do that. Same goes with Kobe.

RadiantShot
They asked him.
He responded.

That should be it.

wizardsfan3
03-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Durant only gets those points cause he takes 20+ shots a night and "magically" gets 10-15 free throws.

How do you magically get 10-15 free throws a night?

RadiantShot
03-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Of course he can.

of course providing they dont care bout winning games and they find stupid nough temmates to allow it and a stupid owner that does not care for wining and an stupid coach that allow them to take all the shots they want.

the only difference between lebron and dhj mbenga taking the scoring titles every year is the number of shots a gme needed to acomplish it and the number of victorys in each cases around 35 to 40 for lebron and aournd 0-2 for dj...

Just please, don't talk, stop.

Chronz
03-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Why is Brons second best player going cold again, if so its courtesy of Mo.

True, all of them do whats being asked of them, Bron just means if he wanted to and nobody else did. Those days are over, unless these guys go on a spree in the final games for no reason ala D-Rob

Agreed, Brons ability to find his teammates is what opens up alot of his game, if teams knew he wasnt going to make them pay for overplaying they could limit him. Though he does have a better long-2s game.

Silent
03-25-2010, 11:38 PM

Your right and i think melo would have something to say about that statement too....

Hellcrooner
03-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Just please, don't talk, stop.

stop what?

telling the truth?

people tends to foget only one in a millon people makes the league.

Obviosl not all of the player have the sam talent.

but to reach there they had to prove they had MORe talent than thusands of people.

this mean they probably at HS level were able to score 40 or 50 any time they wanted .

EVERY nba player can score as much points as he wants if they are ALLOWEd to get a deterninte number of shots.

The difference is te number of shots they need to reach a certain quantity

example Kobe can make 30 points on 16 or 17 shots

Kwame brown would need around 28 shots to make 30 points

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Of course he can.

The difference between LeBron and MBenga that LeBron is good enough for a coach to give him a green light and MBenga needs to work hard or he could be out on the street.

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 11:44 PM
stop what?

telling the truth?

but to reach there they had to prove they had MORe talent than thusands of people.

this mean they probably at HS level were able to score 40 or 50 any time they wanted .

EVERY nba player can score as much points as he wants if they are ALLOWEd to get a deterninte number of shots.

I agree

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I remember seeing that on sportscenter. Thats what I hate about the NBA, the refereeing has gotten worse every year. They're giving more and more calls to the so called franchise players and .500 teams or below get no fair treatment. It's complete bs

We still don't and we are 39-31 lmao

ldc62
03-25-2010, 11:53 PM
I'll admit, Lebron MIGHT be able to do it. But too bad he couldn't win championships every year if he wanted too...

tredigs
03-25-2010, 11:53 PM
stop what?

telling the truth?

The year Kobe averaged exactly 30 a game he took 23.5 shots a game, and this year he is averaging 27.5 on about 22 shots a game, so no Kobe couldn't do it on 16-17 shots a game. Apply that to a player like DJ Mbenga to average 30 a game... and well... there just isn't enough time in the game for that. I know they make it look easy, but not anyone in the NBA can do it. They're not going against high school or college defenses, these are the professionals. Only the very best of the best can put up 30 a game night after night, regardless if they're bringing their team down with them or not (like in Mbenga's case if he averaged around 20 a game --which would be near his max if he was forcefed the ball in the paint way more than he deserves--).

This is barring some fake scenario where they were literally given the ball every play of every game, for the sole purpose of just trying to get them points. Because let's face it that's just dumb.

xBLAMEITON24x
03-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Couldn't any superstar win a scoring title if they really wanted, any star can demand the ball and jack up a load of shots

jackdawson
03-25-2010, 11:58 PM
He very well could. There's nothing wrong to say that. He can also say the same thing about mvp title for next few years.

RadiantShot
03-25-2010, 11:59 PM
^
Yeah. But Hellcrooner was relating DJ Mbenga to Kobe Bryant. :facepalm:

Just no.

Hellcrooner
03-26-2010, 12:01 AM
The year Kobe averaged exactly 30 a game he took 23.5 shots a game, and this year he is averaging 27.5 on about 22 shots a game, so no Kobe couldn't do it on 16-17 shots a game. Apply that to a player like DJ Mbenga to average 30 a game... and well... there just isn't enough time in the game for that. I know they make it look easy, but not anyone in the NBA can do it. They're not going against high school or college defenses, these are the professionals. Only the very best of the best can put up 30 a game night after night, regardless if they're bringing their team down with them or not (like in Mbenga's case if he averaged around 20 a game --which would be near his max if he was forcefed the ball in the paint way more than he deserves--).

This is barring some fake scenario where they were literally given the ball every play of every game, for the sole purpose of just trying to get them points. Because let's face it that's just dumb.

i was talking bout any given game in any given game kobe can score 30 out of 16 shts.

and of course team would suffer if mbanga tries to go for scoring title.

thats waht im saying

lebron DEFINETLy CAN become the higest scorer every season.

But the number of Extra shoots he woud need would make his team los about 10 to 15 games more than they lose.

So woul it be worh?

MacFitz92
03-26-2010, 12:02 AM

BIASED.

LeBron is the best player right now, and he could probably win it if he really wanted to, although he doesn't have to come out and say stuff like that. We already know.

Bullsfan22
03-26-2010, 12:18 AM
all the kobe fans: "oh what a prick he's cocky"

rest of the leagues fans: "yeah he probably could"

xBLAMEITON24x
03-26-2010, 12:19 AM
He very well could. There's nothing wrong to say that. He can also say the same thing about mvp title for next few years.

I don't know about that Durant's getting better and better every year probaly not this year but soon Lebron will have some true competition for MVP. But anythings possible.

HoopsDrive
03-26-2010, 12:20 AM

This

xBLAMEITON24x
03-26-2010, 12:29 AM

if what he said wasn't cocky, I don't know what is.

TmacBryant
03-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Kobe could do it too. /flame on

Jaji
03-26-2010, 12:36 AM
He is talking about his own skills but most of you are missing the skill he's talking about. He's not hyping up his scoring ability, he's hyping up his unselfish play. He's saying he could win the scoring title every year but he'd rather get his teammates involved and win games.

still1ballin
03-26-2010, 12:39 AM

You should considered taking LeBron off your sig huh lol

still1ballin
03-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Kobe gets away with plenty calls, maybe LeBron gets away with more. But people should stop ragging other teams players. I like the Celtics but when they play my Bucks I know the Celtics get away with hacking other teams players, so does Kobe, LeBron and half of these dudes travel way too much. Almost all of these dudes get way too many calls except Dwight Howard. So it's not a big of deal as some people try to make it because I see it all the time.

Did you know in the past 2 laker games, Kobe shot a combined 0 FTA....just a thought.

soonabooma
03-26-2010, 12:45 AM
It's just furtherproof that Lebron always has to be in the spotlight. Only a true douche would feel the need to say that, and it proves that he's still very immature. You wouldn't even hear Kobe talk in that "I can do anything I want to" kind of way. It's one thing to be confident, but there's nothing wrong with being humble every now and then. That's what the truly classy players do, they let their play do the talking. That's what seperates Lebron James from Kevin Durant. KD already acts like a veteran, he plays ball and he keeps his mouth shut. Lebron still acts and talks like an immature little kid. I think some of that shaq douchiness has rubbed off on him. I hope he has plenty of kleenex ready when KD starts winning the scoring title every year.......without having to talk about it. What a tool that guy is.

SchyGuy11
03-26-2010, 12:46 AM
yeah he probably could, but he is a cocky ****. If he comes to the Bulls though, then he can say whatever he wants

OaklandsFinest
03-26-2010, 12:48 AM
I think its funny everybody calls him an arrogant prick but if he said that he didn't think he could you guys would chasstize him for not having heart or having a "killer instinct". The guy is phenomenal and the best player in the league, if he wanted to he could win the scoring title every year. Instead of becoming the best shooter in the world last offseason he focused more on defense and he is now a great defender. I bet you wouldn't want him taking a 3 if you were up 2 with 10 seconds left. I bet you would rather leave Mo, or Boobie open over Lebron.

Hustla23
03-26-2010, 01:25 AM
I don't think Lebron could win the scoring title every year if he wanted to lol. Well, maybe he could, if no one else was trying as hard as he was lol.

I think if Melo put his mind to it, he could do it ever year.

Melo is offensively immaculate and has no apparent flaws.

Lebron is still the best player though. He's the best overall player in the world.

gcoll
03-26-2010, 01:36 AM
That's a douche bag comment. Even if it is true, so what? You don't say it.

He's looking for an excuse if he loses. "I could have won it if I wanted to..." it's a ***** move.

Nighthawk
03-26-2010, 01:39 AM
of course its true

this guy is a freak. his size, speed and strength is incredible.

ARMIN12NBA
03-26-2010, 01:46 AM
This is true and it applies to a couple other players in the game as well.

Raph12
03-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Lebron talks ****, he loves putting up stats, if he didn't he would sub off when they're up 20+ in the fourth. Hell he didn't sub off until they had a 42pt lead in the fourth against NYC because he wanted to get his 30pts.

Lebron's a stat buff and then pretends like it's not his aim, the Cavs do NOT need 30pts, 7rebs and 9asts from Lebron each game. He has more than enough talent surrounding him to get just 27ppg-5rpg-6apg and still win games, he goes for 30-7-9 because he wants it, not because they NEED it, hell his team beat San Antonio without him or a real center for that matter.

He's one of, if not, the best player in the league, but his arrogance is mind blowing and just doesn't sit well with me.

tnt and baby g
03-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Lebron talks ****, he loves putting up stats, if he didn't he would sub off when they're up 20+ in the fourth. Hell he didn't sub off until they had a 42pt lead in the fourth against NYC because he wanted to get his 30pts.

Lebron's a stat buff and then pretends like it's not his aim, the Cavs do NOT need 30pts, 7rebs and 9asts from Lebron each game. He has more than enough talent surrounding him to get just 27ppg-5rpg-6apg and still win games, he goes for 30-7-9 because he wants it, not because they NEED it, hell his team beat San Antonio without him or a real center for that matter.

He's one of, if not, the best player in the league, but his arrogance is mind blowing and just doesn't sit well with me.

This is why i love reading this stuff. if you knew anything about the cavs and didnt let your hate for lbj get in the way you would know lebron hasnt played in the 4th quarter at least 10 times this year. dont just post to rip on him when you are clueless. he got asked a question and answered it. i for one love the cockiness. from all the players, even the lakers and the celts. most stars are cocky. if he was on your team you would be defending him. by the way the game you are referring to is when the knicks made a run and cut the lead to under 8 points. know your facts before you post douche

Miltown34
03-26-2010, 02:02 AM
I hope no player is individually gunning for a scoring title that means you shoot up a lot of bad shots just to win some award.

Raph12
03-26-2010, 02:35 AM
This is why i love reading this stuff. if you knew anything about the cavs and didnt let your hate for lbj get in the way you would know lebron hasnt played in the 4th quarter at least 10 times this year. dont just post to rip on him when you are clueless. he got asked a question and answered it. i for one love the cockiness. from all the players, even the lakers and the celts. most stars are cocky. if he was on your team you would be defending him. by the way the game you are referring to is when the knicks made a run and cut the lead to under 8 points. know your facts before you post douche

1st off, I love Lebron, ask anyone, I back him up any chance I get.

Now that we have that out of the way, let me give you a few examples:
vs Hornets - played the 4th up 14pts
vs Nets - played the 4th up 18pts
vs Grizzlies - played the 4th up 24pts
vs Clippers - played the 4th up 16pts
vs Blazers - played the 4th up 15pts
vs Bucks - played in the 4th up 19pts
vs Bulls - played in the 4th up 17pts
vs Wizards - played in the 4th up 15pts
vs Bobcats - played in the 4th up 13pts
vs Pistons - played in the 4th up 14pts
vs Suns - played in the 4th up 16pts
vs Pacers - played in the 4th up 13pts

Shall I continue? Btw the game I was talking about (up 42 vs Knicks), the Cavs won by 31pts (124-93).

LMFAO :laugh2: "know your facts before you post douche" :laugh:

There is a fine line between proud/confident and arrogant.

mlisica19
03-26-2010, 02:36 AM
First off I agree. James would be able 2 win year in and year out, why? Cuz hes the most talented athlete of our generation. Once he has the desire to become the best he will work at it, but he saying not that he would blow pple away just simply that if he truly cared about scoring he would have the most points. Get it?

I believe if he focused on only scoring he could win the scoring title this year and next, look at his #'s. Hes a player, hes a kid at heart like any athlete. He wants to win, he may have other goals but his #1 is too win for his team. Everytime desires to win, if Lebron didnt he would never pass, he would hardly play defense and he would never come off. But thats not whats going to make his team win and he knows thta

Yanks All Day
03-26-2010, 02:44 AM

I'm sorry, and I usually don't do this, but this is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard on this forum (and that's saying something). Firstly, LeBron doesn't put up those monster stats because he wants to, he does it because he can. He is the best player in basketball and shows it every single time he steps on the court. There may never have been a player with his combination of size, speed, athleticism, etc in the history of the game, so you should stop hating and focus on watching literally a once in a lifetime player. Btw, the real Superman comment before was dumb, considering he can't be beaten by Shaq, who is already on his own team?

As for everyone hating on this comment, maybe he was saying that the title isn't important to him? I mean, its not like he brought it up, a reporter asked him about it. What he said was true. If he wanted to, he could lead the league in scoring every single year. Heck, he probably has the MVP locked up for a good 5 years at least, why not scoring title? What he said is that the title is nice, but he would rather have his team in a position to succeed than personal accolades.

Jeez, you would think that having a player who is not only the face of a city that he single handedly revived, but the entire NBA who is well on his way to being one of the greatest players ever would get a little more respect, but it seems like there are 20 LeBron bashing threads per day. Look, the guy is a once in a lifetime player who makes everyone around him better and shows a constant drive to win. He is clearly one of the most unselfish players in the game, unlike Kobe (who so many Laker fans feel walks on water) . Point being, stop complaining and watch greatness.

tredigs
03-26-2010, 02:56 AM
1st off, I love Lebron, ask anyone, I back him up any chance I get.

Now that we have that out of the way, let me give you a few examples:
vs Hornets - played the 4th up 14pts
vs Nets - played the 4th up 18pts
vs Grizzlies - played the 4th up 24pts
vs Clippers - played the 4th up 16pts
vs Blazers - played the 4th up 15pts
vs Bucks - played in the 4th up 19pts
vs Bulls - played in the 4th up 17pts
vs Wizards - played in the 4th up 15pts
vs Bobcats - played in the 4th up 13pts
vs Pistons - played in the 4th up 14pts
vs Suns - played in the 4th up 16pts
vs Pacers - played in the 4th up 13pts

Shall I continue? Btw the game I was talking about (up 42 vs Knicks), the Cavs won by 31pts (124-93).

LMFAO :laugh2: "know your facts before you post douche" :laugh:

There is a fine line between proud/confident and arrogant.

Comparing Lebron to Kobe (for the fact that they're two of the best in the game and play on two of the best teams) in this scenario, there really is no difference in how much they play, be it "garbage time" or otherwise. I don't have the exact stat to prove that, but I do know that the difference in their teams margin of victory is only 1.5 points (hollinger's power rankings has this), and they play the exact same amount of minutes per game.

He also takes less shots per game than Monta Ellis/Kobe/Carmelo, and about on par with Durant and Wade. Which is exactly where he should be.

They both generally sit out the end of the first/beginning of the second like most stars, so I don't see why you think Lebron is simply a stat whore because of a few games that he might have stayed in late. Maybe he was just having fun?...

The dude wins games. The Cavs have the best record in the NBA. If they didn't, you might actually be able to make an argument here, but you can't. Let the man talk, he's the best player in the game. If he doesn't want to show humility (I don't even think this comment was that cocky) then that's his prerogative. He's earned it, can't hate.

Lakersfan2483
03-26-2010, 03:05 AM
Kobe, Wade and Melo could say the same thing as Lebron and go out and do it just like him. He's right in a sense, however there are other guys that can fill it up just like him.

Sadds The Gr8
03-26-2010, 03:12 AM
it's true.

ILLN355
03-26-2010, 03:19 AM
the dude makes 25+ mil a year, why not be cocky?

DitchDat
03-26-2010, 03:28 AM
I think Durant is a monster, I really do, but come on

LBJ - 29 PPG, 8.5 APG
KD - 29 PPG, 2 APG?

If LeBron cut down on the assists, he'd be averaging 35

_KB24_
03-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Too bad he can't say the same thing about winning titles.

valade16
03-26-2010, 03:46 AM

If LeBron was a stat whore who stayed in the entire game how come he averages 39 mins a game, while Durant averages 39.3 and Kobe averages 38.9?

Bottom line, their all getting the same minutes.

Also:

Oct. 30 vs. MIN 104-87 33 mins
Nov. 3 vs. WAS 102-90 36 mins
Nov. 28 vs. DAL 111-95 36 mins
Dec. 2 vs. PHE 107-90 34 mins
Dec 4 vs. CHI 101-87 34 mins
Dec. 6 vs. MIL 101-86 32 mins
Dec. 27 vs. HOU 108-83 29 mins
Jan. 2 vs. NJ 94-86 36 mins
Jan. 6 vs. WAS 121-98 31 mins
Jan. 27 vs. MIN 109-95 30 mins
Jan. 29 vs. IND 94-73 35 mins
Feb. 25 vs. BOS 108-88 36 mins
Mar. 1 vs. NYK 124-93 (THAT GAME YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT) 31 mins
Mar. 21 vs. DET 104-79 31 mins

As you can see, he takes many minutes off in games in which his team ends up winning big...

Your wrong.;)

jetsfan28
03-26-2010, 06:50 AM
Kobe, Wade and Melo could say the same thing as Lebron and go out and do it just like him. He's right in a sense, however there are other guys that can fill it up just like him.

There's no way Kobe or Wade can say that. They both break down now, without trying to score on every possession.

magichatnumber9
03-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Can Lebron do it. YES HE CAN. Lebron is only saying this because anyone getting attention other then him drive this dude crazy. You saw post all star game when D wade got the mvp, Lebron was jealous, rolling his eyes and talking ****. Lebron is an attention whore.

MTar786
03-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Oh, I didn't realize that Lebron was the only one getting all the calls. Every game I see Kobe and Melo play, they get every call they want.... hmmmm interesting that you say Stern is just on Lebron's nuts. More like all franchise players. Melo gets away with the most along with Wade. I'm putting Durant up there now to, his free throws per game are way too high, he has been averaging 16 attempts in the last 25 games. It's a complete joke. Get yo ffffff'd up facts straight. ignorant laker fan :facepalm:

ur such an idiot its not even funny. u say u watch laker games n kobe gets the calls? look at how many ft's he gets per game.. hell, look at his last two games n see how many freethrows he got. yup, a big fat 0 in the last two games. when it comes down to it.. lebron gets more calls than anyone in history.. more than mj etc.. wade gets fouled more than lebron n gets the calls.. but lebrons calls are like charges turned into blocking fouls.. the guy gets like 2 fouls pergame. thats unheard of for a guy who plays so physical and drives the lane all the time. get off lebrons nuts. ignorant laker hater :facepalm:

IndyRealist
03-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Can Lebron do it. YES HE CAN. Lebron is only saying this because anyone getting attention other then him drive this dude crazy. You saw post all star game when D wade got the mvp, Lebron was jealous, rolling his eyes and talking ****. Lebron is an attention whore.

This. Lebron has more control over that team than Mike Brown, and can get every play called for him if he wanted. Don't be surprised if during some meaningless game a few years from now Lebron goes for Chamberlin's record of 100pts in a game.

But the bottom line is that Lebron COULD win the scoring title every year if he wanted to, but he's come to the realization that it would hurt his chances at a championship if he did. And the championship(s) is what he really wants.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wnmC2Fejdv4/SlUfENVby7I/AAAAAAAAAIk/EpempQQjaYs/s400/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

king4day
03-26-2010, 09:33 AM
So could Kobe

Tim96
03-26-2010, 09:38 AM
kobe can the best scorer each year if he would!!

Double_R
03-26-2010, 10:03 AM
It's true, but so could Kobe, so could Carmello, etc... bottom line is that all he had to do was answer the question and say I don't care about that, I'm worried about winning games... But that is not what Lebron does, he always has to pat his own back...

Hugbees
03-26-2010, 10:07 AM
I believe him.

Double_R
03-26-2010, 10:08 AM
ur such an idiot its not even funny. u say u watch laker games n kobe gets the calls? look at how many ft's he gets per game.. hell, look at his last two games n see how many freethrows he got. yup, a big fat 0 in the last two games. when it comes down to it.. lebron gets more calls than anyone in history.. more than mj etc.. wade gets fouled more than lebron n gets the calls.. but lebrons calls are like charges turned into blocking fouls.. the guy gets like 2 fouls pergame. thats unheard of for a guy who plays so physical and drives the lane all the time. get off lebrons nuts. ignorant laker hater :facepalm:

It's weird that other people believe the same thing that my friends and I do, but yet all the Lebron lovers still pretend that it's not true.

Stay_Swim
03-26-2010, 10:08 AM
That's great Lebrick. Now win a Championship! Because your still not better then Kobe!

OMG yes I did. I mentioned Kobe so sue me!

Kobe2324
03-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Lebron and Kobe could easily lead the league in scoring every year, durant is a close third I just dont think he's as good offensively as these 2. Look at what kobe is doing with that big wrapped up finger on a stacked team not shooting as much as he used too. He could easily lead the league in scoring. Durant is more consistant with his scoring though, I will give him that.

Stay_Swim
03-26-2010, 10:11 AM
It's weird that other people believe the same thing that my friends and I do, but yet all the Lebron lovers still pretend that it's not true.

Oh, it's ****ing true. Dude gets such ***** calls!

G-Funk
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
So can Kobe Wade Durant and Melo

masalex1205
03-26-2010, 10:31 AM
it's true

JayAllDay
03-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Cleveland Lebrons...

He can pass the ball all he wants, but his team mates know ultimately the ball should be in Lebron's hands.

J-Relo
03-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Many players could average more if the main aim was a selfish scoring as much as you can...

OnslaughtXX6
03-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Many players could average more if the main aim was a selfish scoring as much as you can...

Totally agree.

Baller1
03-26-2010, 10:58 AM
**** you Lebron!

But, you're right.

CowboysKB24
03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I am sure that is the same for other guys too. If Melo, Kobe, or Wade focused on the scoring title, they would do it. None of these guy care about it. It means nothing except bragging rights. Anyone bringing up scoring titles in an argument obviously has nothing.

LeBron is different than Melo, Durant, Kobe because he has the basketball on like every possession. His team revolves more around him than any other stars in the league. It isn't a bad thing.

CowboysKB24
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
What the hell are you talking about..... Kobe yes, Melo maybe... Durant! hell no, yeah if he takes his usual 25 attempts. Lebron can't shoot as good as any of them but he can drive better than any of them no matter what defense is on him, and he doesn't even need to score, that's why he gets 7+ assists a night. lol typical lebron hater, understandable though, lebron has been getting more arrogant lately...still isn't close to the prick Kobe

LeBron has the ball on every single possession. The team revolves around LeBron. So as a coach you either gameplan to stop LeBron or everyone else except for LeBron. Cetlics stopped LeBron and held him to 30 % shooting for the entire 7 game series two post season ago. Last post season the Magic stopped everyone else except LeBron and they won in 5?

Durant Melo and Kobe are all better scorers than LeBron, especially if you look at it overall. All three of those guys are far better shooters, FT shooters, and 3 ball shooters. LeBron has a high FG percentage because he gets to the basketball. Now I know they are easier shots, but when you are comparing scoring, it is about overall skill. Durant Melo Kobe have the scoring ability all around. They aren't one or two dimensional.

sep11ie
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I smell a dance off!

Serve his ***** Durant!

lakerfan85
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Lebron can win the scoring title every year for all i care--As long as the lakers are winning the title--who cares

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Me too :D

joe j.09
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
100% true, and if you dont think so ur clueless

Swashcuff
03-26-2010, 11:31 AM
And he is right!

jim51990
03-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Its true and there nothing wrong with saying. He's the best in the world hes got a right to be cocky

DCB/LAL
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MJ

People will forget about MJ. Lebron is the GOAT already and he still has 10 or more years to play.

RadiantShot
03-26-2010, 11:46 AM
^
No need to go that far yet. We're just stating the truth. He could do it. We know it. He knows it.

Raph12
03-26-2010, 11:48 AM
If LeBron was a stat whore who stayed in the entire game how come he averages 39 mins a game, while Durant averages 39.3 and Kobe averages 38.9?

Bottom line, their all getting the same minutes.

Also:

Oct. 30 vs. MIN 104-87 33 mins
Nov. 3 vs. WAS 102-90 36 mins
Nov. 28 vs. DAL 111-95 36 mins
Dec. 2 vs. PHE 107-90 34 mins
Dec 4 vs. CHI 101-87 34 mins
Dec. 6 vs. MIL 101-86 32 mins
Dec. 27 vs. HOU 108-83 29 mins
Jan. 2 vs. NJ 94-86 36 mins
Jan. 6 vs. WAS 121-98 31 mins
Jan. 27 vs. MIN 109-95 30 mins
Jan. 29 vs. IND 94-73 35 mins
Feb. 25 vs. BOS 108-88 36 mins
Mar. 1 vs. NYK 124-93 (THAT GAME YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT) 31 mins
Mar. 21 vs. DET 104-79 31 mins

As you can see, he takes many minutes off in games in which his team ends up winning big...

Your wrong.;)

Taking minutes off and playing when you're up big in the 4th are two very different things. When you're up big, you sub your best players, that's just how the elite teams do it... You don't find it to be a problem now, but when Lebron has a serious injury in garbage time then you'll be pissed at Brown for leaving him in there despite the blowout.

My point is, they don't need Lebron to be a 30-7-9 guy every night, hell they won 66 games with him going for 28-7-7 and now they have much more talent around him... He does it for himself, not anyone else and that's still beside the point, I just don't like his arrogance, I don't have a problem with the way he plays.

DCB/LAL
03-26-2010, 11:53 AM
^
No need to go that far yet. We're just stating the truth. He could do it. We know it. He knows it.

It kinda pointless any Superstar could say that......Melo, Wade, Kobe etc....

Yeah he probably could but like I said any of the others could as well. Lets not forget that its Lebrons passing, reb etc.. that sets him apart from the others not his scoring. Scoring wise any of them can score at will.

Tmac,lt,berkman
03-26-2010, 11:53 AM
lebron aint nothing but a *****

BkOriginalOne
03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I think that ANY NBA star who can drop A lot of points.
(James, Kobe, Melo, Wade, Durant) could chase the title if they really wanted to.

champ101695
03-26-2010, 12:18 PM
i agree.

Jamiecballer
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
i think Lebron is right and i have no problem with him saying it.

he could probably be top 5 in any category over a full season if he wanted to. except perhaps rebounds because no coach would ever allow him to take a pounding all season by 7 footers but it's not because he couldn't do it.

JayW_1023
03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
I think he could...but it won't be good for his team if he tried. Which in turn he admits.

LE-SHAQ
03-26-2010, 01:05 PM
you sound like a bitter little girl. The man leading the league in scoring is saying, leading the league in scoring is not his focus. So he is arrogant because he would rather win a championship than get the scoring title.

All the guys you named are capable of leqading the league in scoring every year. He is arrogant for speaking the truth?

By the all the guys you named do have freedom to shoot, lebron is the one doing the most scoring(and winning games)

and assits and rebounds more than durant, kobe, and melo

Chronz
03-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Taking minutes off and playing when you're up big in the 4th are two very different things. When you're up big, you sub your best players, that's just how the elite teams do it... You don't find it to be a problem now, but when Lebron has a serious injury in garbage time then you'll be pissed at Brown for leaving him in there despite the blowout.
What qualifies as big from Coach Brown may differ from your opinion.

My point is, they don't need Lebron to be a 30-7-9 guy every night, hell they won 66 games with him going for 28-7-7 and now they have much more talent around him... He does it for himself, not anyone else and that's still beside the point, I just don't like his arrogance, I don't have a problem with the way he plays.
Weak, the talent hasnt been around as much. Therefore they need MORE from Bron. And hes putting up those stats to make his team even better than last year. Overall however theres not much difference in his game aside from his looking to pass more, the key difference is his minutes. So unless your trying to say Bron didnt care about stats last year and now suddenly cares more about them than he has in 2 years (the last time his minutes were this high), I suggest you dig deeper into your analysis.

Look man your hate for Bron is getting out of hand, Ive seen you argue that Shaq could easily be getting more touches and minutes and carrying the load. Citing his FG% and that no other center aside from Dwight could stop him (lol), but the reality is they are pacing him perfectly, and the team has a better offensive flow without him, and his FG% is misleading because on the year his per possession efficiency has been putrid. They brought him for 1 reason, to handle Dwight and the Laker bigs. Hes not there to help Bron carry the regular season burden.

Chronz
03-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Again irrelevant, lots of players have done this, more importantly in todays stats, MPG dont matter.

And they lost to Milwaukee, wow what a strong sample size to support your case. And you already know how weak your statistical analysis was.

Your hate is misguided

RaiderLakersA's
03-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Oddly, his statement doesn't bother me. If he thinks that he could win the scoring title every year, so be it. Most superstars have that mentality.

sintaks12
03-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Lebron could win the scoring title every year, very true. What I have a problem with, in a word, tact. You can be the best, know your the best, but not be a douche bag about it. Kobe's the same way. Tim Duncan was the best power forward on earth for many many years. Would he ever be caught dead saying something like this? Think he wasn't confident? Think he didn't know he was the best? Of course he did. Difference is he was/is tactful in how he carries himself. I don't get it... I just think it's so much cooler to win and be humble then win and gloat. Some day we may actually get a crop of great players again that have some class. Don't hold your breath though.

JordansBulls
03-26-2010, 02:56 PM
I'll say this. Any of the big name superstars could win scoring title every year. Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Melo, Durant, etc.

However, out of all of them, I believe Lebron and Durant would do it with the best efficiency.

Hawkize31
03-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Omg, just when I thought I couldn't love Lebron any more, he goes out and does this.

First, its completely true. Second, although his words may be cocky, his play style is team-first. Love it, love it, love it. I think back to that playoff series a few years back, against the Pistons maybe. With the game on the line, Lebron drove to the basket and drew 4 defenders and dished it out to a wide open teammate behind the arc. Teammate missed, Cavs lost, Lebron got criticized for passing it, but I know the critics are dumb because thats the type of decision you want your players to make every single time.

RadiantShot
03-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Let's try something.

If Wade, Durant, Melo, Lebron, Kobe, etc. All set out to win the scoring title alone. Lebron would win it. Okay. Stop throwing Melo, Durant, Wade, and Kobe in there.

cavs_23
03-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Lebron, no doubt about it.

runforrestrunx9
03-26-2010, 03:39 PM
lebron shouldnt be goin out saying that cuz its really a dick move but if he really wanted to win every year, he could

J Dub8299
03-26-2010, 04:01 PM
This guy's ego is starting to bother me...

The Jokemaker
03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
"Both men have played 70 games and James has just seven more total points, 2,086 to Durant's 2,077."

Really now? Are we all that bad at basic math that 2086 - 2077 = 7? It's 9 folks...

As to the point of the article, I dont get why Lebron would say this. It's like a kid saying "I could hit a homerun every time, I just don't want to."

sp1derm00
03-26-2010, 04:07 PM
If Lebron wanted the scoring title each and every year, he better hope that Kobe's not gunning for the scoring title that year.

valade16
03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
It's true, but so could Kobe, so could Carmello, etc... bottom line is that all he had to do was answer the question and say I don't care about that, I'm worried about winning games... But that is not what Lebron does, he always has to pat his own back...

Are all Kobe lovers hypocritical douchebags?

http://forums.******.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=995858

Remember when Kobe said this: I don’t know of any player outside of myself that has no weaknesses besides him.

Referring to Brandon Roy. So when LeBron pats his own back you get mad, when Kobe does it, you turn a blind eye?:eyebrow:

jmtapia
03-26-2010, 04:10 PM
personally i like star players that stay humble... LeBron could have said the same thing but differently by saying he would rather help the team, set up his teammates, keep everyone active... blah blah blah.

However, he isnt lying or anything but its just that he comes off a little weird...

dtmagnet
03-26-2010, 04:11 PM
He's completely right, he passes too much in my opinion.

valade16
03-26-2010, 04:13 PM

Are you implying most of those minutes he took off throughout the game as opposed to the end of the 4th? THat is straight bulls**t.

He normally plays 40 mins a game so he's subbed 8 minutes throughout the entire game, each of those minute totals is pretty much subtracting 8 from the minutes he didn't play and that's how much of the end of the game he isn't playing because their blowing the team out...

31 minutes against the knicks. So your saying he subbed 17 minutes in the first 3 quarters then played the entire 4th? no.

Kobe said his offensive game has no weaknesses, leBron said he could win the scoring title every year, why is everyone only getting angry at LeBron?

hypocritical much?

RadiantShot
03-26-2010, 04:40 PM
If Lebron wanted the scoring title each and every year, he better hope that Kobe's not gunning for the scoring title that year.

Kobe can't contend with Lebron anymore scoring wise. They're 2 different players. It just so happens Lebron is a better/more efficient scorer than Kobe Bryant now. Hate to break the news.

Niro
03-26-2010, 04:44 PM
whats the problem...lebron is right if he would just stop passing he could get like 40-45 pt/g

alexander_37
03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
It's not being cocky if you are the best player on the planet ... so yah.

Hellcrooner
03-26-2010, 05:14 PM

that would be very entincing and intersting to watc........for Nuggets, Mavs, celtics and Magic fans since two of those four woudl make the finals.

hoopitup
03-26-2010, 05:36 PM
if he could then he should do it but he a little ***** so he wont...the only thing he is good at is talking...

nanablvd
03-26-2010, 05:48 PM
yes LBJ is telling the truth, yet his statement basically applies to every franchise player too, so it's not really too much of a statement of significance to me.

rhaas74
03-26-2010, 05:51 PM
if he could then he should do it but he a little ***** so he wont...the only thing he is good at is talking...

The only thing he is good at is talking? Really? He is putting up 30-7-9. He is having one of the most effecient seasons ever. Let's put it this way, he has a part in at least 48 points per game, thats not including if any assists were 3s. I would say that is out of this world good.

And why should he go for the title. He has a good shot at ending up with it this year, while finishing 6th in assists. He knows that they aren't the best team when he is taking too many shots. He is putting the team above himself.

OnslaughtXX6
03-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MJ

People will forget about MJ. Lebron is the GOAT already and he still has 10 or more years to play.

:clap: Finally someone gets it.

Evolution23
03-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Easily could but hes such a unselfish player that all he cares about is winning. Its not Arrogance when hes making his team better. Haters need to learn a thing or two.

KmB728
03-26-2010, 06:33 PM
****ing cocky bastard

Kakaroach
03-26-2010, 06:47 PM
If you ask any NBA expert they'll tell you LeBron is a pass first player. Some people can't get that through their heads because he averages so many points though.

As for leading the league in scoring, I think he could do that if he wanted to not pass.

jackdawson
03-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I also think he could be the best point guard in the league if he wanted to.

_KB24_
03-26-2010, 06:56 PM
If their was a league in which the ultimate prize was the scoring tile, you could bet your *** that Wade, Kobe, Melo, and Durant would have just as good, if not better shot at winning it. Lebron is not a pure scorer, the others are.

Ariza's Better
03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
he could score 60 a game if he wanted to

Public Enemy #1
03-26-2010, 07:17 PM

lol so true, I am a laker hater but its not for the reasons you think. Mostly because of ******** *** fans like yourself make statements that are false and misleading. Kobe didn't get to the line the last two games.... so, does that excuse the star treatment for the games before these last 2? Does it excuse the fact that he can get any call he wants and did for 6+ years. No, not really. dumbass, bandwagon ignorant laker fans all deserve this :facepalm:

Public Enemy #1
03-26-2010, 07:20 PM
If their was a league in which the ultimate prize was the scoring tile, you could bet your *** that Wade, Kobe, Melo, and Durant would have just as good, if not better shot at winning it. Lebron is not a pure scorer, the others are.

Wow, I didn't know that a pure shooter is a guy that takes 25+ shots a game to get his 30 pts.... Interesting that Wade, Kobe, Melo and especially Durant all need 25 shots to get those 30 points. lol

avrpatsfan
03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
It's true. Take away his 8 assists and he scores 40 a game possibly.

ellisgw
03-26-2010, 07:31 PM

please find a new sport to watch because you obviously don't understand basketball. Lebron has a high career point average than all of them.

tredigs
03-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Wow, I didn't know that a pure shooter is a guy that takes 25+ shots a game to get his 30 pts.... Interesting that Wade, Kobe, Melo and especially Durant all need 25 shots to get those 30 points. lol

You're right that Lebron's more efficient than Kobe. I have a feeling that more of his buckets come at the rim compared to Kobe, but regardless he finds a way to score more --and more efficiently-- then Kobe.

But you're wrong about "especially Durant" needing 25 shots to get his 30. Why do so many people think this? They need to get their head out of their *** when it comes to this kid. He takes less shots/scores more than Melo and Kobe, all with a higher FG/3pt/FT% than Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Melo, etc. Actually Lebron has a higher FG%. So out of all the possibilities there, one person is better at one thing, with Durant having him on FT and 3pt %

3neSoulja
03-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Last time I checked the reporter didn't ask if he could lead the league in scoring in the fewest amount of shots. Any player with any offencive game can lead the league in scoring.. Kobe, Melo, Durant, lebron, hell even Kevin martin.. Jus Jack up as much shots you can in 48 mins an see if they go in...pretty simple

3neSoulja
03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Btw how the hell did this thread get to 13 pages lolll

LakeShowRaider
03-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Kobe can't contend with Lebron anymore scoring wise. They're 2 different players. It just so happens Lebron is a better/more efficient scorer than Kobe Bryant now. Hate to break the news.

Wow...I was gonna argue with you as to why you get the award for the stupidest post of the day...but YOU GOT MATT BARNES IN YOUR SIG.

That explains it all.

Plain and simple there is no better scorer in the game than Kobe. And if you want to think of it this way, what is LeBron gonna do when he is 32 and his athleticiism has diminished?? Shoot jumpers? I don't think so. He better enjoy this while he can

Bruno
03-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Yeah, its so interesting how he couldn't do it last year...when he was 20.

Pete Dahh Sneak
03-26-2010, 08:25 PM
It's not cocky if it's true

FlakeyFool
03-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow...I was gonna argue with you as to why you get the award for the stupidest post of the day...but YOU GOT MATT BARNES IN YOUR SIG.

That explains it all.

Plain and simple there is no better scorer in the game than Kobe. And if you want to think of it this way, what is LeBron gonna do when he is 32 and his athleticiism has diminished?? Shoot jumpers? I don't think so. He better enjoy this while he can

little touchy aren't we here laker fan?

And no Kobe is not the "better" scorer. Yes hes more clutch but hell hes not a better scorer.

Mrphilly
03-26-2010, 09:11 PM

That explains it all.

Do you know how old Lebron is? Do you think its impossible for Lebron to perfect his jumper before he is 32?

Lebron only gets better every year, can he Imagine if worked on his jumpshot all this offseason? Scary!!!

RaptorizedKevin
03-26-2010, 10:43 PM
definatly. but his team would lose some games too xD

Robbw241
03-26-2010, 10:52 PM
What an *******... now come to Jersey

RadiantShot
03-26-2010, 11:00 PM

That explains it all.

First off, read my signature you ignorant moron.
Second of all, no Kobe isn't a better scorer than Lebron. He's a greater clutch player, and can hit tough shots. He's crafty too, but Lebron is better as a scorer. Lebron is more dominant than Kobe. Lebron can do pretty much whatever he wants on the court today. Lebron is more efficient. Lebron is a better scorer than Kobe. Ask anyone that's NOT a Kobe-Nut-Rider. Get your answer the right way douche-bag.

_KB24_
03-27-2010, 12:03 AM
First off, read my signature you ignorant moron.
Second of all, no Kobe isn't a better scorer than Lebron. He's a greater clutch player, and can hit tough shots. He's crafty too, but Lebron is better as a scorer. Lebron is more dominant than Kobe. Lebron can do pretty much whatever he wants on the court today. Lebron is more efficient. Lebron is a better scorer than Kobe. Ask anyone that's NOT a Kobe-Nut-Rider. Get your answer the right way douche-bag.

Ask your homeboy Raplh, who roots for your own team. He'll give you the right answer.

HOZ THE KNICK
03-27-2010, 12:13 AM
the guy can score 40 pts a game easy if he was a blackhole

jfin
03-27-2010, 05:26 AM
don't know if its been said already but im not reading 10+ pages but Bron is a physical freak and can get to the rim at will, get to the free throw line, his jumper is improving. if he stopped passing so much its automatic that he gets it every year

DECYPEL
03-27-2010, 08:45 AM
why bother

Baller1
03-27-2010, 01:25 PM

You are a so pathetically clueless it's embarrasing.

Durant is the most efficient scorer of the bunch, with the exception of maybe Lebron. You're a joke.

basketfan4life
03-27-2010, 03:40 PM
that comment makes no sense...lebron,kobe,wade,melo and durant can all win it evey year,if one of them puts the scoring title as the first number of their to do list,at the beginning of the seasons, with this much talent around them, it is surpsrising that lbj,kb and melo are 3 of top 4. the only one has to score so much to keep their team in every game is kevin durant.

GaSoft16
03-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Question is...could LeBron win an NBA title every year if he wanted to?

BALLER R
03-27-2010, 04:45 PM
He could, melo could, kobe could, wade could, durant could who cares its about the championship

amos1er
03-27-2010, 05:55 PM

Lebron actually averages more free throw attempts than Durant at 10.1 to Durants 10. :D Durant just makes more of his free throws as his percentage is waaaay higher at 89% to Lebron's 77%. ;)

Lebron does take 20 + shots a game too. He takes 20.1 and Durant takes 20.2. :facepalm:

I think you should know a bit more about your idol before you go boasting fake hype about him....I guess that you David Stern, Gatorade, Nike, ESPN, and Hollinger have a lot in common.

Lebron is the league leader in free throw attempts at 10.1.....He is favored more than any player in the history of the NBA....I don't know how any Lebron fan can claim any kind of bias toward another player considering how David Stern and the refs wipe his *** for him on a nightly basis.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

valade16
03-27-2010, 09:57 PM
So
Lebron actually averages more free throw attempts than Durant at 10.1 to Durants 10. :D Durant just makes more of his free throws as his percentage is waaaay higher at 89% to Lebron's 77%. ;)

Lebron does take 20 + shots a game too. He takes 20.1 and Durant takes 20.2. :facepalm:

I think you should know a bit more about your idol before you go boasting fake hype about him....I guess that you David Stern, Gatorade, Nike, ESPN, and Hollinger have a lot in common.

Lebron is the league leader in free throw attempts at 10.1.....He is favored more than any player in the history of the NBA....I don't know how any Lebron fan can claim any kind of bias toward another player considering how David Stern and the refs wipe his *** for him on a nightly basis.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

Sorry, but your SO off base it's nearly criminal. LeBron James is handed fould calls like candy right?

So your telling me the refs are wiping his *** to a WHOPPING .1 MORE FT ATTEMPTS THAN DURANT???

No way! So he gets a free 1/10th of a foul call EVERY GAME!!!!!

What exactly does haterade taste like? :eyebrow:

JWO35
03-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Brandon Roy could win the Scoring Title if he wanted...Most of the "Stars" in the NBA could be the Scoring Champ if they made that their main purpose.

rabzouz 96
03-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Brandon Roy could win the Scoring Title if he wanted...Most of the "Stars" in the NBA could be the Scoring Champ if they made that their main purpose.

ya but if everyone would do that there could still just be one scoring champ and that would be lebron as of now.

amos1er
03-27-2010, 11:04 PM
So

Sorry, but your SO off base it's nearly criminal. LeBron James is handed fould calls like candy right?

So your telling me the refs are wiping his *** to a WHOPPING .1 MORE FT ATTEMPTS THAN DURANT???

No way! So he gets a free 1/10th of a foul call EVERY GAME!!!!!

What exactly does haterade taste like? :eyebrow:

Actually I was responding to the other Lebroninte who said that Durant had more free throw attempts and shot attempts than James. He also said that Durant had 20+ shot attempts per game and Lebron didn't. I just pointed out that he was commenting without knowing the actual facts...much like many Lebronites on this site. That particular Lebronite made it seem that Durant was getting hooked up by the refs and Lebron wasn't.....truth be told, they both are compared to Kobe who gets no love from the refs and only attempts 7 per game.

valade16
03-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Actually I was responding to the other Lebroninte who said that Durant had more free throw attempts and shot attempts than James. He also said that Durant had 20+ shot attempts per game and Lebron didn't. I just pointed out that he was commenting without knowing the actual facts...much like many Lebronites on this site. That particular Lebronite made it seem that Durant was getting hooked up by the refs and Lebron wasn't.....truth be told, they both are compared to Kobe who gets no love from the refs and only attempts 7 per game.

I agree with you, anyone who says Durant gets his points by jacking up a high amount of shots is just wrong factually...

Kobe does get plenty of love from refs, the reason his FTs are so low is because he doesn't drive nearly as much as he used to, he shoots tons of jumpers (which usually go in).

Back when he was driving more he was getting to the line as many times as LeBron and Durant are now (10 FTs a game from 2004-2007 and 9 a game in 2008)...

Lakers552432
03-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Kobe can score from everywhere and you can't really say that to Lebron. so don't tell me Lebron is better scoreer. Begining of this year when Kobe had to score he was avergeing so much more than now. only reason Lebron and KD is scoreing more is their team needs them more than Laker needs Kobe. Kobe got so much help he is not scoreing like he was before so please don't tell me that lebron is better scoreer...but i won't say Kobe is better either because in my opinion they are neck and neck.

barreleffact
03-28-2010, 02:21 AM

That explains it all.

that makes no sense. what does lebron being 32 have to do with his game compared to others NOW? and right now, he is the best scorer as much as i hate to admit it myself. he is gifted plain and simple.

barreleffact
03-28-2010, 02:29 AM
for all the durant hate its unreal. for the first like 0 games of the season durant was in a terrible funk with low numbers so his averages arent great. he was shooting lik43% and is now at like 48 meaning since his funk hes been shooting like 54% consistantly. the man has a talented shot. one of the best in the league. idk how he gets his freethrows but as far as a one on one scorer goes he is as efficient as it gets

Venomous88
03-28-2010, 03:45 AM
I believe James, Bryant, Durant, Wade, and Melo could all say this statement

ldc62
03-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Im not denying Lebron could do this, but why does everyone think Durant is a chucker? He shoots 48% from the field, 35% from 3 and close to 90% from the line. So what if he attempts 20 shots per game? As long as hes doing it efficiently. Plus he averages 7.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists a game.

No doubt Lebron might be more "talented", but Durant has yet to fail on the big stage, while Lebron has done so many times.

MTar786
03-28-2010, 05:04 AM
Im not denying Lebron could do this, but why does everyone think Durant is a chucker? He shoots 48% from the field, 35% from 3 and close to 90% from the line. So what if he attempts 20 shots per game? As long as hes doing it efficiently. Plus he averages 7.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists a game.

Durant just needs to be accepted as one of the great NBA players now. It took me time to accept him myself.. but now i just have to give the guy his credit.. Great player

SchyGuy11
03-28-2010, 12:48 PM

:facepalm:

Ariza's Better
03-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Durant just needs to be accepted as one of the great NBA players now. It took me time to accept him myself.. but now i just have to give the guy his credit.. Great player

someone might need to tell the thunder that because great players take the last shot don't they?

valade16
03-29-2010, 01:23 AM

No doubt Lebron might be more "talented", but Durant has yet to fail on the big stage, while Lebron has done so many times.

Like the playoffs? It's pretty easy not to fail on the big stage when you've never been there. :rolleyes:

LeBron's teams have consistently averaged more wins than Durants, he's got more playoff games.

Hell, he's Been to the finals.

Don't say he failed on the big stage many times, at least he's been there...

Sox Appeal
03-29-2010, 01:24 AM

:laugh:

sventhedog
03-29-2010, 02:13 AM
answer to this is if he learns to shoot consistenly from outside.

wake up and stop believing what media says. not everything but most things they say is supposed to do good for the business so it's your job to be smart or at least not be stupid enough to get tricked.

this lebron vs durant debate will never end. it's the same thing with kobe vs lebron, people will complain about kobe having a better team. now, it's lebron who has a better team than durant.

in my opinion lebron is a very good all around player but in terms of shooting, he doesn't match well with durant or kobe. people are easily deceived by percentages and stats coz he dunks and drives to jack up his fg%. but at the moment, with the game on the line and an open jumpshot, would you take lebron over kobe or durant? i mean seriously, that's a pretty easy choice.

Sox Appeal
03-29-2010, 02:33 AM
answer to this is if he learns to shoot consistenly from outside.

Answer to this after you learn to spell consistently, consistent. Just kidding, bro.

LeBron is a fine outside shooter. He's shooting 35% from 3, which is superior to Kobe, he's shooting 51% from the field, which is superior to Kobe and Durant, and he has a TS% of 62%, which is also superior to Kobe and Durant. It's worth pointing out, LeBrons FG%/TS% would be career highs for both Kobe and Kevin Durant.

And the crazy thing about LeBron is, he's only 25. Granted, his jump-shot still needs to improve, but he's still the most effective perimeter player in the game. When MJ was LeBrons age, he wasn't nearly the 3pt shooter LeBron was. At age 25, Jordan was a 27% 3pt shooter, LeBron is already at 35%.

wake up and stop believing what media says.

Agreed. If people only watched the games and nothing else, there wouldn't be a person on the planet taking Durant, or Kobe, over LeBron.

not everything but most things they say is supposed to do good for the business so it's your job to be smart or at least not be stupid enough to get tricked.

Agreed 100%. If you listened to the media only, you would be under the assumption Kobe Bryant is the best closer in basketball. When in reality, that title has been held by LeBron James for the past 3 seasons. And the statistics back it up.

this lebron vs durant debate will never end. it's the same thing with kobe vs lebron, people will complain about kobe having a better team. now, it's lebron who has a better team than durant.

That's not true. As Kobes career winds down, and LeBron starts (assumingly) winning titles, LeBron will be known as the best player alive. At least, that should be the case.

people are easily deceived by percentages and stats coz he dunks and drives to jack up his fg%.

:facepalm:

but at the moment, with the game on the line and an open jumpshot, would you take lebron over kobe or durant? i mean seriously, that's a pretty easy choice.

For this season? Probably Kobe. For the first time in his career, he's living up to his reputation on these GW shots. He's been nearly automatic in those situations, I've never seen anything like it.

JordansBulls
03-29-2010, 08:24 AM

You can use that logic with Wade vs Lebron, but not Durant who hasn't even made the playoffs yet.

rabzouz 96
03-29-2010, 10:19 AM
people are easily deceived by percentages and stats coz he dunks and drives to jack up his fg%.
pahaha

but at the moment, with the game on the line and an open jumpshot, would you take lebron over kobe or durant? i mean seriously, that's a pretty easy choice.
id just give lebron the rock to go drive to the rim and dunk it for the win. who needs shooting if hes able to get highpercentage points near the rim?

MagicDojo
03-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Typical Lebron, He acts like he is the only guy who is putting the good of his team above his scoring average. I think Kobe, Wade, Carmello could all say the same thing.