PDA

View Full Version : NBA Meets March Madness *Round 1* - #2 Chris Bosh vs. #15 Stephen Curry

KnicksorBust
03-25-2010, 08:09 PM
In an effort to combine two of the greatest creations in the world (the NBA and the NCAA Tournament), a new tournament has been created. The top scoring 64 players (per game) of the current NBA season will be facing off head to head to determine the greatest one on one player in the game today.

Coming out of the Central bracket:
#2 Chris Bosh (Relevant Info: 6'10/245 | Stats: 24.0/11.0/2.3)
vs.
#15 Stephen Curry (Relevant Info: 6'3/185 | Stats: 16.5/4.2/5.6)

The games will be to 21 points with 1's and 2's and winners ball. First competitor to earn 21 votes will advance to the next round.

(Editors Note: Check http://manathalon.weebly.com/ to enjoy complete updates on tournament results.)

Tblaze
03-25-2010, 08:13 PM
I see Curry having more trouble defending Bosh then Bosh defending Curry.

ATX
03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Got to go with the experience and height here. Bosh get's nearly every rebound in this scenario, and if there were put backs, well game over.

HoopsDrive
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Bosh

21-14

bigsams50
03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Bosh would Mollywhop Curry

cheezinmypocket
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Curry is short.

dtmagnet
03-25-2010, 08:29 PM
I think this would be a close one, both are very capable scorers. Bosh is actually a better defender when he switches onto guards though so I'd say he takes it.

Raph12
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Cb4 21-7

tredigs
03-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Bosh seems like the obvious pick, but when you actually think about it, how the hell is he going to guard Steph? Steph has three huge factors here for a 1 on 1 type game. Speed, ability to finish off balance near the rim, and a deadly three point shot. I honestly think that if Curry got the ball first, he would start the game by draining 2 or 3 straight threes. Then Bosh would have to get up in his face, so Curry would just blow by him for a layup. This would be the pattern for him on offense the entire game.

When Bosh has the ball he would have to dribble down from the three point line and hope that Curry (who's one of the best stealers in the game already) doesn't swoop it from him. If Curry was even average from three, I honestly think he'd take this game with ease. Throw in the fact that Bosh sucks at defense, and this matchup does not bode well for him.

Could easily see Curry winning 21-12 or so if he was hot.

People are heavily underestimating the fact that you get twice as many points for a three pointer as a regular field goal in this little mock setup. Any fast guard who is good at swipes and deadly from three is going to crush any big who doesn't take threes in a 1v1.

conway429
03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Curry might get hot and go on a little run, but once Bosh gets the ball, it's over.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2010, 06:35 AM
Bump. Need 4 votes.

Niro
03-26-2010, 10:48 AM
steph

asandhu23
03-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Well Steph has the ability to do this to taller defenders. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwZEypxDYpo

:D

KnicksorBust
03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Chris Bosh advances to the round of 32.

pebloemer
03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Bosh seems like the obvious pick, but when you actually think about it, how the hell is he going to guard Steph? Steph has three huge factors here for a 1 on 1 type game. Speed, ability to finish off balance near the rim, and a deadly three point shot. I honestly think that if Curry got the ball first, he would start the game by draining 2 or 3 straight threes. Then Bosh would have to get up in his face, so Curry would just blow by him for a layup. This would be the pattern for him on offense the entire game.

When Bosh has the ball he would have to dribble down from the three point line and hope that Curry (who's one of the best stealers in the game already) doesn't swoop it from him. If Curry was even average from three, I honestly think he'd take this game with ease. Throw in the fact that Bosh sucks at defense, and this matchup does not bode well for him.

Could easily see Curry winning 21-12 or so if he was hot.

People are heavily underestimating the fact that you get twice as many points for a three pointer as a regular field goal in this little mock setup. Any fast guard who is good at swipes and deadly from three is going to crush any big who doesn't take threes in a 1v1.

Or he could miss the first and Bosh could get the rebound. It's not like any player is automatic from 3.