PDA

View Full Version : G.O.A.T.? MJ, KB, or RH?!?!?

majmarcus
03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
It seems to me that both fans & "Expert Analyst" love using the amount of rings a player has to measure how great he is! Jordan has 6 rings(as we all know). IMO, while the totality of the rings is impressive. I'm more impressed that it was done by way of 2 3peats! I respect MJ's Bball accomplishments and will not dumb them down. But at the same time, I'm not going to give him anymore accolades than MJ followers are already givin him! His style of play is what I liked most. The preparation he put into his game and developed his skills. His agility and mentality was topps(at that time)! But it almost always seems to come back to the amount of rings he has! Jordan has 6 rings, Jordan has 6 rings! Okay Horry has 7 rings! 1 more than MJ. So why isn't he being mentioned as one of the greatest to ever play the game? He should be right in the discussion wit Mike. Or shall I say Mike should be in the discussion wit "Big Shot Bob" because Mike only has 6(Yuk...6 rings)! Look, this is the exact reason why I say ring total is somewhat overrated and should NOT be the the #1 thing people go to when discussing the greatness of a player! Kobe has 4....if, I say IF he gets one this yr, that'll be #5 right? So He'll be one behind Jordan, 2 behind Horry, and I dunno 4-5 behind Bill Russell?!?!?!? Who by the way has more than said Names! Everyone has their own opinion which I respect! But Jordan was a bad MF because of the reasons I said above! 6 rings is the icing on the cake! Horry coattailed his way to atleast 2 of his ring count! I say that because he was extremely important to Houston's 2 and the Lakers 3! Kobe was an very under-rated kind of important to the 1st 3 and lead his team to 1 and maybe another! Numbers and hardware is WAY TOO EASY to look at nowadays. Breakdown the player's attributes and attitude then get back to me on who's the "Greatest." Because the way I see it, Micheal Jordan was the goat til Kobe. KB IS A MORE SKILLED & TALENTED PLAYER THAN MJ(yeah I said it)! KB does his thang against bigger,stronger, and faster competition than Jordan faced in his era! I don't speak any further about the other names I mentioned. Kobe is the Goat in my personal opinion simply because he's Jordan 2.0!!!! Thoughts????

hawkeyefootball
03-25-2010, 06:53 PM
lol

sNaKeS
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
What drugs are you on putting horry in the same conversation as jordan?

1-800-STFU
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
I love this thread, bait threads are amazing

marvILLous
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
lmaoooooo

IRUAM #21
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
It seems to me that both fans & "Expert Analyst" love using the amount of rings a player has to measure how great he is! Jordan has 6 rings(as we all know). IMO, while the totality of the rings is impressive. I'm more impressed that it was done by way of 2 3peats! I respect MJ's Bball accomplishments and will not dumb them down. But at the same time, I'm not going to give him anymore accolades than MJ followers are already givin him! His style of play is what I liked most. The preparation he put into his game and developed his skills. His agility and mentality was topps(at that time)! But it almost always seems to come back to the amount of rings he has! Jordan has 6 rings, Jordan has 6 rings! Okay Horry has 7 rings! 1 more than MJ. So why isn't he being mentioned as one of the greatest to ever play the game? He should be right in the discussion wit Mike. Or shall I say Mike should be in the discussion wit "Big Shot Bob" because Mike only has 6(Yuk...6 rings)! Look, this is the exact reason why I say ring total is somewhat overrated and should NOT be the the #1 thing people go to when discussing the greatness of a player! Kobe has 4....if, I say IF he gets one this yr, that'll be #5 right? So He'll be one behind Jordan, 2 behind Horry, and I dunno 4-5 behind Bill Russell?!?!?!? Who by the way has more than said Names! Everyone has their own opinion which I respect! But Jordan was a bad MF because of the reasons I said above! 6 rings is the icing on the cake! Horry coattailed his way to atleast 2 of his ring count! I say that because he was extremely important to Houston's 2 and the Lakers 3! Kobe was an very under-rated kind of important to the 1st 3 and lead his team to 1 and maybe another! Numbers and hardware is WAY TOO EASY to look at nowadays. Breakdown the player's attributes and attitude then get back to me on who's the "Greatest." Because the way I see it, Micheal Jordan was the goat til Kobe. KB IS A MORE SKILLED & TALENTED PLAYER THAN MJ(yeah I said it)! KB does his thang against bigger,stronger, and faster competition than Jordan faced in his era! I don't speak any further about the other names I mentioned. Kobe is the Goat in my personal opinion simply because he's Jordan 2.0!!!! Thoughts????

I farted

tredigs
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I don't know what's worse, your syntax or your basketball analysis...