PDA

View Full Version : The Creative Artists Agency will make Miami Heat a dynasty... Wade+LeBron+Bosh

beasted86
03-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Something else happened recently that could dramatically affect the free-agent cataclysm that's about to hit. Henry Thomas, the Chicago-based agent for Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, joined forces with Leon Rose, the agent for LeBron James, at Creative Artists Agency.

What does all of this mean? Simply put, the top three NBA free agents are all under the same representation umbrella -- an advantage that will allow them to freely share information about what will be a dizzying, unpredictable free-agent signing period. (Read more (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13103407/agents-for-lebron-wade-now-teammates-caa-could-control-freeagent-market?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer))

Disregard what you might individually assess as reasonable, and let's just talk about what's realistically financially possible.

1) Miami renounces the rights to all free agents aside from Wade.
2) Miami re-signs Wade to the max
3) Miami trades Beasley, Jones, Cook, and both 1st round picks for Bosh S&T and a future first round pick.
4) Miami picks up the player option on Chalmers
5) Miami signs LeBron to the max

PG: Chalmers $850K
SG: Wade $16.5M
SF: LeBron $16.5M
PF: Bosh $16.5M
C:: Anthony $900K

Even considering the cap holds for all the empty roster spots, the Heat have the cap space to do this if the salary cap is atleast $54.75M. Now consider all the quality players willing to join up for the minimum to win a championship

Jonathan2323
03-25-2010, 05:58 PM
then you get Raja Bell, Camby, Stackhouse, etc to sign the min.

Raph12
03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
It's doable, but not probable.

valade16
03-25-2010, 06:03 PM
It's not doable for the simple fact that if the Raptors new they had to trade Bosh they could get a better offer than Beasley and filler...

Hoopsadvocate
03-25-2010, 06:08 PM
As a HEAT fan i'd love it

As a NBA fan i hate it.

Honestly it wouldnt even be fun to watch anymore because there would be no competition. Give me one of them to pair with wade and the other go start their own contender to form a rivalry thats what i would like. Its no fun watching something you already know the outcome of.

thescore53
03-25-2010, 06:09 PM
annnnnd thats just not fare they would be the oposite of the nets

beasted86
03-25-2010, 06:10 PM
It's not doable for the simple fact that if the Raptors new they had to trade Bosh they could get a better offer than Beasley and filler...

Except that's the whole part where the CAA comes in and forces a trade to Miami. That's what makes this so significant with them able to negotiate knowing all 3 player's goal in mind

Bosh can commit to joining the Heat even if we don't have the cap space right away. I'm sure somebody will be willing to take Beasley and both our first round picks cap holds for simply a future first round pick in return. Then the Raptors would be left with nothing.... and the Heat would still be able to give Bosh a max contract regardless, without the help of Toronto.

It's basically a take it or leave it deal.

thescore53
03-25-2010, 06:26 PM
if bosh really wanted to leave i think bc would do him that favour.
im glad to see beasly included in the deal. last time heat fans were saying raptors would be forced to take a cook jones package

jfin
03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
basically CAA is gonna be getting some nice percentage checks this summer no matter who signs with who

kswissdaf
03-25-2010, 06:38 PM
If that happens a lot of fans will be changing teams

Raps18-19 Champ
03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
If Bosh doesn't come back, I'd take Beasley.

Then trade him again.

I don't think Beasley would be mature enough to want to stay in Toronto. Might pull a Vince or T-Mac.

Bullsfan22
03-25-2010, 06:45 PM
a lot of fans would stop watching basketball.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-25-2010, 06:47 PM
not gonna happen

cause lebron is a stat-whore and wants to be the man

Rego247
03-25-2010, 06:47 PM
with bosh, wade, lebron. ...whos team is it?

None of these guys is gonna play 2nd banana

financially possible,....but an impossible scenario nonetheless

thescore53
03-25-2010, 06:53 PM
If Bosh doesn't come back, I'd take Beasley.

Then trade him again.

I don't think Beasley would be mature enough to want to stay in Toronto. Might pull a Vince or T-Mac.

is he even good enough to pull a vince,

dtmagnet
03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Please stop this nonsense, it got old 6 months ago.

king james
03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
As a HEAT fan i'd love it

As a NBA fan i hate it.

Honestly it wouldnt even be fun to watch anymore because there would be no competition. Give me one of them to pair with wade and the other go start their own contender to form a rivalry thats what i would like. Its no fun watching something you already know the outcome of.

WHAT! Man come on Hoops. Isn't that what we want as Heat fans is to become Title City? I want the Heat to have a Dynasty where they win about 6 or 7 titles. I don't care about the rest of the league. It's all about the Heat baby.

Corey
03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
That would be absolutely unbelievable.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-25-2010, 07:13 PM

He can alsso pull an Alonzo and not even show up.

Either way, he has maturity problems and probably wouldn't wanna say here.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
If those 3 team up, I call dibs on Carmelo, Durant and Paul. Sign Shaq to a vet min and get a defensive SG.

C-Shaq
PF-Carmelo
SF-Durant
SG-(Defensive SG)
PG-Paul

DLeeicious
03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I made a super team thread awhile back about how I'd hate if even my team was like that. It just would be terrible for the league in my opinion.

beasted86
03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
If those 3 team up, I call dibs on Carmelo, Durant and Paul. Sign Shaq to a vet min and get a defensive SG.

C-Shaq
PF-Carmelo
SF-Durant
SG-(Defensive SG)
PG-Paul

Not financially realistic considering the Raptors' 2011 cap space.

The main thing is what I posted is financially realistic, even if not probable

Instead you better find a way to work with the softest front court in the existence of basketball:
C: Bargnani
PF: Beasley
SF: Turkoglu

:facepalm:

lvlheaded
03-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Wont happen. None of these guys wanna play second fiddle. Some one would have to play 3rd fiddle and that wouldnt go over well with any of them

BALLER71
03-25-2010, 07:19 PM
The bad thing for the Raps is that if Bosh leaves they don't have the money to sign a big time player.

ATX
03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
basically CAA is gonna be getting some nice percentage checks this summer no matter who signs with who

Right...Jeez. They're going to make some serious bank.

ATX
03-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Dream come true for Miami fans, but unless they were all willing to take a relatively small pay cut (Say 1.5 million per 16.5 million contract), I can't see this happening. I'm almost 100% positive that one of Amare/Bosh/LBJ will join with Wade IN MIAMI, but not two. It would take a lot of self sacrificing, but the payoff would be a true dynasty.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Not financially realistic considering the Raptors' 2011 cap space.

The main thing is what I posted is financially realistic, even if not probable

Instead you better find a way to work with the softest front court in the existence of basketball:
C: Bargnani
PF: Beasley
SF: Turkoglu

You didn't get my point?

I was just trying to say that this will never happen. The team you posted can only work in video games. Lebron, Wade or Bosh will not team up in pairs because they all want to be the man, let alone all 3 of them.

king james
03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm so sick of everybody saying they don't want to play 2nd fiddle to another player. These guys are trying to win. That 1st, 2nd, and 3rd fiddle crap is something that the media makes up. These guys purposely set their contracts up so that they could have this option. So kill all of that they dont want 2 play 2nd, and 3rd fiddle crap .

beasted86
03-25-2010, 07:39 PM

You didn't get my point?

I was just trying to say that this will never happen. The team you posted can only work in video games. Lebron, Wade or Bosh will not team up in pairs because they all want to be the man, let alone all 3 of them.

I know it's not realistic... and I don't think there's a real chance the Heat would trade Bosh for Beasley unless they surely could get that 3rd star.

I just felt it was a fun idea to poke at Raptors fans of how your defense could potentially go from horrible to devastating in this hypothetical. :laugh2:

masalex1205
03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm so sick of everybody saying they don't want to play 2nd fiddle to another player. These guys are trying to win. That 1st, 2nd, and 3rd fiddle crap is something that the media makes up. These guys purposely set their contracts up so that they could have this option. So kill all of that they dont want 2 play 2nd, and 3rd fiddle crap .

+1

not gonna happen

Of course Lebron wants to be the man, everybody wants to be the man BUT the difference is that Lebron IS the man. He's the freakin' MVP. How the hell is Lebron a stat-whore when he makes his team 10 trillion times better?

Definition of a hater

jackdawson
03-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Wont happen. None of these guys wanna play second fiddle. Some one would have to play 3rd fiddle and that wouldnt go over well with any of them

1. There is a man called David Stern and there is a reason why he has been the commisoner for so long. He won't let happen. May be a Wade-Bosh, or even a Wade-LeBron, but all three.

2. Bosh will defer to both; LeBron and Wade can work it out by sharing the light..eventually Wade will defer to Lebron in 3 years.

dodie53
03-25-2010, 07:53 PM
then Amare and Melo will join the lakers
hehe

NetsPaint
03-25-2010, 07:54 PM
We all know Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Dirk is gonna show they care more about basketball a lot more than money and accept much less to play together.

nuggetsyankees
03-25-2010, 08:06 PM
not gonna happen...maybe wade and Bosh but no Lebron and Wade

mikantsass
03-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Cue up the fantasy land music

RaiderLakersA's
03-25-2010, 08:20 PM
No agents worth their salt would deposit all of their players in one bucket like that.

Why?

For starters, if they had an issue with Heat Management, they'd be screwed.

Secondly, no one knows yet what the cap will be down the road. Miami may be able to afford all 3 now, but will they in the future? I wasn't under the impression that the Heat owners have the deepest pockets in the league.

Finally, an agent isn't just concerned about the money a player makes from the team, but from advertisers as well. Miami isn't exactly the biggest media market in the world, which limits the maximum dollars a player can bring in. You can have one big fish or 2 medium size fish sucking up all of the business, but to have 3 wouldn't work. Not in Miami. Even if LeBron is now technically an international brand name, you'd need a market the size of NY or LA to make it work with Wade in tow.

Jamiecballer
03-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Disregard what you might individually assess as reasonable, and let's just talk about what's realistically financially possible.

3) Miami trades Beasley, Jones, Cook, and both 1st round picks for Bosh S&T and a future first round pick.

Even considering the cap holds for all the empty roster spots, the Heat have the cap space to do this if the salary cap is atleast $54.75M. Now consider all the quality players willing to join up for the minimum to win a championship

Beasley, Cook, Jones AND 2 first round picks?!?!

You can't pass that up if you are Toronto. You just can't possibly get more value in return for Bosh than that. However a 3 for 1 isn't as simple to evaluate as it seems because Toronto would still have to let go of 2 guys on the current roster. So you would still be trading 3 players for 3 players. Intriguing.

Fury
03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Get outta here no way on gods green earth can the miami heat afford 3 max contracts no way no how never gonna happen i dont care if they were all brothers and there mother was there agents not gonna happen

Raph12
03-25-2010, 08:31 PM

No, he's not even good enough to pull a Tmac with the he's played this season.

JNA17
03-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Cue up the fantasy land music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twICykaRRvY

JordansBulls
03-25-2010, 08:45 PM

So who is the man on the team?

Lord Leoshes
03-25-2010, 08:52 PM
with bosh, wade, lebron. ...whos team is it?

None of these guys is gonna play 2nd banana

financially possible,....but an impossible scenario nonetheless

Mickey Arison's :up:

Lord Leoshes
03-25-2010, 08:54 PM
WHAT! Man come on Hoops. Isn't that what we want as Heat fans is to become Title City? I want the Heat to have a Dynasty where they win about 6 or 7 titles. I don't care about the rest of the league. It's all about the Heat baby.

:clap:

Lord Leoshes
03-25-2010, 09:00 PM
I made a super team thread awhile back about how I'd hate if even my team was like that. It just would be terrible for the league in my opinion.

This comeing from a Bulls fan.:speechless::facepalm:

It wasn't when CHI had it.:crazy:

When Jordan, Pippen, & Rodman came to your town even if your team sucked it would still sell out.

It would only suck for all the other teams that wish to win a championship.
At least teams in the west can still make it to the finals.

Lord Leoshes
03-25-2010, 09:08 PM
1. There is a man called David Stern and there is a reason why he has been the commisoner for so long. He won't let happen. May be a Wade-Bosh, or even a Wade-LeBron, but all three.

2. Bosh will defer to both; LeBron and Wade can work it out by sharing the light..eventually Wade will defer to Lebron in 3 years.

How could stern stop it? :confused:

There is nothing legally he can do about it. :no:

Lord Leoshes
03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
So who is the man on the team?

If they all piss standing up, then all of them.:drool:

Raph12
03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Bosh said he feels like he could win as the man on a team, I wonder how he'd like being the 3rd option.

beasted86
03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
No agents worth their salt would deposit all of their players in one bucket like that.

Why?

For starters, if they had an issue with Heat Management, they'd be screwed.

Secondly, no one knows yet what the cap will be down the road. Miami may be able to afford all 3 now, but will they in the future? I wasn't under the impression that the Heat owners have the deepest pockets in the league.

Finally, an agent isn't just concerned about the money a player makes from the team, but from advertisers as well. Miami isn't exactly the biggest media market in the world, which limits the maximum dollars a player can bring in. You can have one big fish or 2 medium size fish sucking up all of the business, but to have 3 wouldn't work. Not in Miami. Even if LeBron is now technically an international brand name, you'd need a market the size of NY or LA to make it work with Wade in tow.

This is all BS. There's a reason the Superbowl has been in Miami more than any other city. This city is a big sports market, and can create great revenue.

No market will ever be the NY market.... and followed behind is LA, Dallas, etc... but Miami isn't far behind those either.

And BTW, Mickey Arison is one of the top 10 richest men in America, and top 100 in the world the last time I bothered to check. The last thing you should question is the Heat's ownership's pockets or the Miami market revenue.

This scenario is unrealistic for many reasons, but surely not those.

Evolution23
03-25-2010, 09:21 PM
disregard what you might individually assess as reasonable, and let's just talk about what's realistically financially possible.

1) miami renounces the rights to all free agents aside from wade.
2) miami re-signs wade to the max
3) miami trades beasley, jones, cook, and both 1st round picks for bosh s&t and a future first round pick.
4) miami picks up the player option on chalmers
5) miami signs lebron to the max

pg: Chalmers $850k
sg: Wade $16.5m
sf: Lebron $16.5m
pf: Bosh $16.5m
c:: Anthony $900k

even considering the cap holds for all the empty roster spots, the heat have the cap space to do this if the salary cap is atleast $54.75m. Now consider all the quality players willing to join up for the minimum to win a championship

lol

hugepatsfan
03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
not gonna happen

:nod:

WadeBirdman
03-25-2010, 09:43 PM
They all want rings. If this is an option then why would they not do it?

NYK_kidd77
03-25-2010, 09:51 PM
I love how Knick fans were laughed at for dream scenarios by heat fans.

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
not gonna happen

If I'm LeBron I go to Miami if Bosh follows because instead of me scoring 30....maybe he can get 20-10-10 since he doesn't have to score as much. I'm a Bucks fan but that team would be so much fun to watch.

TheShock45
03-25-2010, 10:07 PM

You didn't get my point?

Or maybe they'll realize what the celtics did and how they did it too late and they'll figure hey lets all join up while we still young enough to defend the championships we win.

J$mo0th_3o5
03-25-2010, 10:27 PM
:laugh2: This would be down right stupid (in a good way). All I know is that we're gonna become a DYNASTY next year!

RadiantShot
03-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Quit dreaming.

kjoke
03-25-2010, 10:52 PM
even as a heat fan, i wouldnt watch.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
not gonna happen

81 points stat whore enough for you?

J$mo0th_3o5
03-25-2010, 11:03 PM

Cuz you're a joke!;)

ldc62
03-25-2010, 11:05 PM
I'd take that deal in a heartbeat as a Raps fan. We don't get that much worse and heat will be extremely entertaining to watch. 2 +s. Bad part is that the Heat fans might run wild on PSD, jk

J$mo0th_3o5
03-25-2010, 11:09 PM
I'd take that deal in a heartbeat as a Raps fan. We don't get that much worse and heat will be extremely entertaining to watch. 2 +s. Bad part is that the Heat fans might run wild on PSD, jk

Yeah there would be ALOT of people jumping on the bandwagon lol

king4day
03-25-2010, 11:35 PM
The Max isn't really 16.5 mil is it?
I don't think the agents they have is news. That's like saying Scott boras being the agent for all these stars means they're all gonna play together.

KRod#1
03-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Even if that happened that place still wouldnt sell out;)

illegallover
03-26-2010, 12:08 AM
max for first year is 16.5 then it jumps about around 12 percent every year under the current CBA

ryder78c
03-26-2010, 12:39 AM
These Hopes from a heat fan are ridicules lebrons staying in Cleveleand win or lose the championship... Bosh might end up in Miami but i think he's goin to new york more exposure in NY..... miami will get Amare he wants to play there and maybe joe johnson but with a lineup of Amare Beasley Johnson Wade is still a crazy lineup and will still have cap to sign players with more then minimum for a solid bench.... AMARE JOHNSON WADE BEASLEY is better then the big 3

ldc62
03-26-2010, 12:50 AM
These Hopes from a heat fan are ridicules lebrons staying in Cleveleand win or lose the championship... Bosh might end up in Miami but i think he's goin to new york more exposure in NY..... miami will get Amare he wants to play there and maybe joe johnson but with a lineup of Amare Beasley Johnson Wade is still a crazy lineup and will still have cap to sign players with more then minimum for a solid bench.... AMARE JOHNSON WADE BEASLEY is better then the big 3

Too bad the post defense would be garbage.

beasted86
03-26-2010, 02:26 AM

I think LeBron is staying in Cleveland too, but honestly if the Cavs can't at least make it to the Finals.... all bets are off. If they get upset in the ECF... NY, Miami, etc... have just as much of a chance an maybe better to sign LeBron.

And a Wade, Johnson, Beasley, Amare lineup won't work. The defense would be terrible, and there isn't enough shots to go around. 2 out of the 4 will always be under used. One is a decoy, and the other a spot up shooter.

NYK_kidd77
03-26-2010, 04:38 AM
I think LeBron is staying in Cleveland too, but honestly if the Cavs can't at least make it to the Finals.... all bets are off. If they get upset in the ECF... NY, Miami, etc... have just as much of a chance an maybe better to sign LeBron.

And a Wade, Johnson, Beasley, Amare lineup won't work. The defense would be terrible, and there isn't enough shots to go around. 2 out of the 4 will always be under used. One is a decoy, and the other a spot up shooter.

I feel the same i think if the Cavs dont get to the finals this year Lebrons chances of leaving change dramatically.

zadora5
03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
yeah but if this happens another team will stack up like the heat... and the whole league would be watching the same teams in the finals for years to come

RaiderLakersA's
03-26-2010, 12:59 PM
This is all BS. There's a reason the Superbowl has been in Miami more than any other city. This city is a big sports market, and can create great revenue.

I think the media market size IS relevant.

Miami hosting the Super Bowl has less to do with it's media market size, than other advantageous factors.

For one, the Super Bowl is it's own media magnet. It's viewed globally. Were it possible to play it on the moon, where no market exists, it would still put in the highest ratings of any show.

Secondly, considering the Super Bowl is played in the Winter, obviously Miami would be a more ideal venue for it then say, Chicago. Super Bowls are rarely played in cold weather climates, unless there is a dome. Further, the size of the venue also works against many other locales.

Finally, Miami is the perfect town for many recreational activities, but it will never be viewed as a basketball mecca. There are just way too many things that a body could be doing outdoors. And anyone that has ever seen a regular season Heat game knows this. Lots of empty seats, especially in the cheap seats.

The_905
03-26-2010, 01:27 PM
If I'm BC i make that S&T in a heartbeat. When are people going to realize that Bosh is just a a selfish ball demanding whore? Every set Bosh demands the ball and the thing is he is a terrible passer so it just equals an 18 foot jump shot or a TO.

All Bosh cares about is getting his 24 and 11, he could care less if his teammates gets involved hence why Turk hasn't been of any impact on this team.

Big Zo
03-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I think the media market size IS relevant.

Miami hosting the Super Bowl has less to do with it's media market size, than other advantageous factors.

For one, the Super Bowl is it's own media magnet. It's viewed globally. Were it possible to play it on the moon, where no market exists, it would still put in the highest ratings of any show.

Secondly, considering the Super Bowl is played in the Winter, obviously Miami would be a more ideal venue for it then say, Chicago. Super Bowls are rarely played in cold weather climates, unless there is a dome. Further, the size of the venue also works against many other locales.

Finally, Miami is the perfect town for many recreational activities, but it will never be viewed as a basketball mecca. There are just way too many things that a body could be doing outdoors. And anyone that has ever seen a regular season Heat game knows this. Lots of empty seats, especially in the cheap seats.

This wasn't the case in the Shaq era, or even the Mourning/Hardaway era. If the team is winning, that place is packed.

RaiderLakersA's
03-26-2010, 02:50 PM
This wasn't the case in the Shaq era, or even the Mourning/Hardaway era. If the team is winning, that place is packed.

Right, but my point wasn't to whether or not the place sells out inasmuch as I was saying it doesn't increase the size of the media market. or lead any basketball purist into thinking in any way, shape, or form that Miami is a basketball mecca.

Lord Leoshes
03-26-2010, 11:39 PM

:confused: UH then that would mean you are not a Heat fan. :bang:

beasted86
07-09-2010, 02:06 AM
REMEMBER THIS

Back in March I thought this was a possibility, and people said I was crazy.