PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James or...

jeter4president
03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Simple, if you were starting a franchise and could either have Lebron at the age he is or the first three picks in this years draft, what would you take?

dtmagnet
03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Lebron for sure.

Raph12
03-25-2010, 04:39 PM
It really depends on your team, if you're the Lakers, you take the 1st three picks.

PG - John Wall
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Evan Turner
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum
6th - Wesley Johnson

That team is set to win for the next 10 years.

randomness
03-25-2010, 04:50 PM
If I'm the Raptors, I would go with LeBron:

PG: Jarrett Jack/Jose Calderon/Marcus Banks
SG: DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems/Marco Belinelli
SF: LeBron James/Hedo Turkoglu/Antoine Wright
PF: Chris Bosh/Amir Johnson/Reggie Evans
C: Andrea Bargnani/Rasho Nesterovic/Patrick O'Bryant

LeBron + Bosh = Win

Raidaz4Life
03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
First 3 picks easily

Hellcrooner
03-25-2010, 04:54 PM
first three picks.

One 'layer as great as h is is oNE player

3 first picks is more than half of a team and at WORST case scenario it will provide you with One star one solid player and 1 bust

at best case scenario you get 3 allstar and your 1st second and third option long term

ATX
03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
First 3 picks. Even LBJ can't compensate for 3 positions at the same time.

alencp3
03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Wall/Turner/Favors for me

ATX
03-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Wall is a surefire superstar, and add the next two picks...Ya, it's still the first 3 picks for me.

dtmagnet
03-25-2010, 05:03 PM
It really depends on your team, if you're the Lakers, you take the 1st three picks.

PG - John Wall
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Evan Turner
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum
6th - Wesley Johnson

That team is set to win for the next 10 years.

He said if you're starting a new franchise.

JNA17
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
3 picks. wall/turner/johnson, that's a beast trio to start out with on any franchise.

DCB/LAL
03-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Uhhh.....LEBRON.

Lebron has proven to be a top player in this league the others have not so give me Lebron not even a question IMO.

cheezinmypocket
03-25-2010, 05:28 PM
I hate him... but Lebron.

The other 3 will be lucky to carry his jock at the prime of their careers.

ATX
03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
I hate him... but Lebron.

The other 3 will be lucky to carry his jock at the prime of their careers.

3 great players is better than 1 elite player.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2010, 05:41 PM
those 1st 3 players contracts won't even all add up to Lebron's max contract, so you have the ability to add a lot more around it. Unless you have some terrible contracts on your team.

Raph12
03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
He said if you're starting a new franchise.

Meh I'd still take the first 3 picks (Wall, Turner and Favors in that case [not Johnson]).

ATX
03-25-2010, 05:49 PM
^^^Good point...About the salaries.

Raph12
03-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Having Lebron win my franchise multiple MVPs but no rings won't do much for me, with those 3 (Wall, Turner and Favors), you have a legitimate contender for the next 5-10 years.

Jacob K.
03-25-2010, 05:54 PM
lebron is an absolutly amazing player, hes already one of the best of all time, id take him in a heartbeat. not even a question.

mikantsass
03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Im assuming the OP meant what would you take if you start your team from scratch and I would take the 1st 3 picks.

Wall
Turner
Wes Johnson/Cousins

is a solid young core as opposed to 1 Mega-star

Switch
03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
1 player can't make up for 3. I'd take the 1st 3 picks.

Wall
Turner
Favors

JWO35
03-25-2010, 05:58 PM
1st Three Pick in this upcoming draft
Pistons Lineup
PG. John Wall
SG. Evan Turner
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. DeMarcus Cousins
C. Jason Maxiell (Who Really Gives a Damn, You Have Turner and Wall on the same Team!)

Jacob K.
03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Having Lebron win my franchise multiple MVPs but no rings won't do much for me, with those 3 (Wall, Turner and Favors), you have a legitimate contender for the next 5-10 years.

what your saying is ridiculous.
if you have lebron on your team you will have a contendor for at least the next 5-10 years. his teams have already been contendors for numerous years, with him being the centerpiece. you have no guarentee that those 3 will pan out, but everyone know that Lebron is one of, or THE best in the game today.

Thatruth32
03-25-2010, 06:00 PM
top3

mikeman0000
03-25-2010, 06:01 PM
I know he said new franchise,

But If the sixers had that choice i'm going top 3.

PG - Wall
SG - Turner
SF - Igoudala
PF - Young/Speights
C - Cousins

:drool:

Raph12
03-25-2010, 06:06 PM
what your saying is ridiculous.
if you have lebron on your team you will have a contendor for at least the next 5-10 years. his teams have already been contendors for numerous years, with him being the centerpiece. you have no guarentee that those 3 will pan out, but everyone know that Lebron is one of, or THE best in the game today.

Wrong, it took years to make the Cavs a real contender, he arguably has the most help in the NBA around him right now and he likely still won't win it. Wall/Turner/Favors would be instant contenders, get them a big man and a couple of solid role players on that team and you got multiple time NBA champions.

Bottomline, it's a lot easier to build a winner around Wall/Turner/Favors than it is to build one around Lebron.

Baller1
03-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I'll take Lebron.

xbrackattackx
03-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Bottomline, it's a lot easier to build a winner around Wall/Turner/Favors than it is to build one around Lebron.

This is how I feel those 3 solid players take up more than one position like Lebron would. And with them being on rookie contracts you could try and pick up some good vets to lead and teach the rooks and some more young talent from the FA. Wall,Cousins and Turner is a nice start and they would most likely struggle their first season but that experience is invaluable and their 2nd season they would kill it.

cheezinmypocket
03-25-2010, 06:16 PM
3 great players is better than 1 elite player.

Who says they are all going to be great??

I'll take the one proven contender for greatest player of his generation over 3 guys that MIGHT be good.

ManRam
03-25-2010, 06:16 PM
LeBron.

Jameer
Vince
LeBron
Lewis
Howard

Game over.

bringinwood
03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
If you had the first 5 picks in the draft, it doesn't matter...

What are you going to do ???

Try to hope that one of them pans out to be a quarter as good as LeBron ???

LeBron will carry an otherwise lottery team to the finals...

John Wall is about as proven as Sam Bouie or Shawn Bradley in the NBA... This goes the same for the other picks...

LeBron is arguably the best player since Jordan...

Give me that over the first 20 picks in the draft...

Bullsfan22
03-25-2010, 07:09 PM
hard to turn down 3 draft picks but give me an 18 year old lebron on his rookie contract. By the time his rookie contract is over I'd have some kind of star FA around him.

I just don't buy in to the Wall is a once in a decade player.

You can hate all you want on Lebron but Having him on your team is one lucky trade,FA deal or draft pick away from having a dynasty.

By the time Lebron's career is over some people might have him as a top 5 player of all-time.

edit: wow this pretty tough. I'd like to see how more people view this.

DLeeicious
03-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Lebron

ATX
03-25-2010, 07:40 PM

I'll take the one proven contender for greatest player of his generation over 3 guys that MIGHT be good.

Do you really believe that Wall and Turner aren't going to be All Star players? Your going to get another very good piece too. A core is better than one player, even if that one player is LBJ. I'm not saying that Wall is a once in a decade player, but IMO from what the college game that I watch, Wall is better than Rose, and Rose is pretty damn good. It's a great question though right? If he'd said the first two picks in the draft then of course I'd of said LBJ. But having the opportunity of 1,2,and 3 in one draft in just too good to pass up for me.

ATX
03-25-2010, 07:46 PM
For the sake of discussion, let me ask: Would you take Rose, Beasley, and Lopez or LBJ to start a franchise. Yes I know Lopez was drafted what 10th? I'm just trying to make a point. Or say Griffin, Evans, and Curry from last year. Again I know Evans and Curry were taken slightly later.

BALLER R
03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
u cant win by urself so gotta go with 3 first picks...ur getting one super star and 2 great players thats what it would take for ur franchise to be successful for the next few years..and lebron is not goin to win by himself

BALLER R
03-25-2010, 07:54 PM
and i kno it can go either way, but lets say this was the 2003 draft..would u rather have lebron or the 3 first picks...i mean with those 3 pick u can have wade, bosh, melo..put it this way best case senerio would you rather have bosh,melo n wade or lebron

dodie53
03-25-2010, 07:55 PM
with lebron,
you'll know what you're getting

jackdawson
03-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Too easy for me. Give me LeBron James all day long to start my franchise. He is only 25 years old and on the way to be the greatest ever. Who knows what the three picks are gonna turn out to be, so it's LeBron easily. You put Lebron on any team, he makes them an instant contender, even this years nets.

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Actually LeBron in 2007-2008 almost took out the Champion Celtics in 7 games if it wasn't for Paul Pierce scoring over 45 pts. They had Ray Allen, KG, and Pierce and LeBron didn't even have a solid number 2, I'm leaning toward LeBron just because most draft picks get over hyped and half of lottery picks turn out to be just average players-slightly above. Look at 2009 would you rather have James Harden, Griffin, and Thabeet. Worst case scenario 2006 Bargnani, Aldrige, Morrison. If you can guarantee I get a Kevin Durant than Greg Oden. Then I take 3 top level all-stars, but LeBron is better than just 3 good players.

HoopsDrive
03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
For the sake of discussion, let me ask: Would you take Rose, Beasley, and Lopez or LBJ to start a franchise. Yes I know Lopez was drafted what 10th? I'm just trying to make a point. Or say Griffin, Evans, and Curry from last year. Again I know Evans and Curry were taken slightly later.

What about freak injuries like Greg Oden and Blake Griffin suffered? They were both #1 picks and now you only have 2 and 3 left. You may get a KD but you may also get a Darko.

When I looked at the OP's question, I just couldn't ignore the risk of injuries and threat of busts. You might hit the jackpot and land something along the lines of what you said but you can also lose big time, maybe getting only 1 solid role player and 2 busts.

Taking every single factor into consideration, LBJ is the safest choice of the two. At the very least, you will be a competitive team for years to come, vying for the 'ship for a decent window of time.

Chacarron
03-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Give me the three picks and trade them for Lebron :D lol

Seriously, I would take the 3 picks because it allows my team to grow these players and add some key pieces early on.

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 08:14 PM
hard to turn down 3 draft picks but give me an 18 year old lebron on his rookie contract. By the time his rookie contract is over I'd have some kind of star FA around him.

I just don't buy in to the Wall is a once in a decade player.

You can hate all you want on Lebron but Having him on your team is one lucky trade,FA deal or draft pick away from having a dynasty.

By the time Lebron's career is over some people might have him as a top 5 player of all-time.

edit: wow this pretty tough. I'd like to see how more people view this.

I agree I don't like Wall like everybody else either.

Miltown34
03-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Give me the three picks and trade them for Lebron :D lol

Seriously, I would take the 3 picks because it allows my team to grow these players and add some key pieces early on.

If you go that way and you have 25-30 million dollars and the top 3 picks then you can take the number 1,2,3 picks...but just in general not talking about salary cap and just talking LeBron and picks. give me LeBron

BALLER R
03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
i think u shoulda asked whos our scouts because that plays a large part in this you know

xBLAMEITON24x
03-25-2010, 08:23 PM
I have to go with Lebron over the first 3picks

avrpatsfan
03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Depends on the draft and the contract on Lebron.

runforrestrunx9
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Id take Wall, Turner, Cousins

runforrestrunx9
03-25-2010, 08:30 PM

who says they wont be superstars?

Raph12
03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
LeBron.

Jameer
Vince
LeBron
Lewis
Howard

Game over.

Starting a new franchise...

HoopsDrive
03-25-2010, 08:52 PM
i think u shoulda asked whos our scouts because that plays a large part in this you know

Also, depends on the team. I mean, if you're the Clippers you obviously go for LBJ :rolleyes: