PDA

View Full Version : Is Durrant a better scorrer/player than Stephen Curry?

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Rookie stats

Curry
PPG 16.5
RPG 4.20
APG 5.6
STL 1.9

Durrant
PPG 20.3
RPG 4.3
APG 2.4
STL 1.0

Curry: fg%: .463, 3p%: .427

Durrant as rookie: fg%: 430, 3p%: .288

Durrant was the team's go to guy as a rookie, Curry has to deal with Monta Ellis, Maggette, Stephen Jackson (traded) and Jamal Crawford (traded) for scoring as a rookie.

It can't be argued that Curry has surpassed Durrant as of right now, but I think he will be a better player in the nearest future, his potentials are scary....both do lack defensive instincts.

Your thoughts..........

asandhu23
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
uh oh... here come the Sonics / Thunder fans. :hide:

SFGiants4life
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Durant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Curry

mp3
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
durant is better right now. curry looks very scary sometimes, still in his rookie year. He will be right up there with Durant.

Thatruth32
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
they will both be top 10 nba players sooner than later .. ill leave it at that

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 11:12 AM
i'll go out on a limb and say when Kobe is gone, Curry would be the best closer in the game.

JermanJaysFan
03-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Rookie stats

Curry
PPG 16.5
RPG 4.20
APG 5.6
STL 1.9

Durrant
PPG 20.3
RPG 4.3
APG 2.4
STL 1.0

Durrant was the team's go to guy as a rookie, Curry has to deal with Monta Ellis, Maggette, Stephen Jackson (traded) and Jamal Crawford (traded) for scoring as a rookie.

It can't be argued that Curry has surpassed Durrant as of right now, but I think he will be a better player in the nearest future, his potentials are scary....both do lack defensive instincts.

Your thoughts..........
Stephen Jackson played 9 games with the Ws this season. Crawford played none. So those two are irrelevant.

And no, I don't see Curry ever being better than KD.

Sixerlover
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Durant is currently better, and they are both very very young. As they get older they will both get better so I can't see Steph ever surpassing Durant. I actually believe it will be LeBron and Durant's league when Kobe steps down.

chrislu31
curry never played a game with j-crawford first off and secondly is this thread a joke?? durant is arguably a top 3 player in the nba right now and curry is a rookie, no comparison

Nighthawk
Is Stephen Curry really that good?

I saw this thread and wanted to laugh. Durant is way better than Curry. NOW, in the past and will be in the future.

I thought all this little kid could do was shoot? Now people think he'll be the best closer when Kobe retires?

Gimme a break

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Stephen Jackson played 9 games with the Ws this season. Crawford played none. So those two are irrelevant.

And no, I don't see Curry ever being better than KD.

what makes Durrant better? elaborate pls.

asandhu23
03-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Is Stephen Curry really that good?

I saw this thread and wanted to laugh. Durant is way better than Curry. NOW, in the past and will be in the future.

I thought all this little kid could do was shoot? Now people think he'll be the best closer when Kobe retires?

Gimme a break

You really need to see some Warriors games. This "little kid" makes a huge impact.

Sixerlover
03-25-2010, 11:21 AM

can I throw in Kyle Korver's FG% and 3Pt % from his rookie year and say he's on their level too?

You know as well as I that shooting is Curry's strong suit, and as an overall game Durant surpasses him. Don't let being a fan cloud your judgement :D

king4day
03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Curry will end up as a better shooter, but Durant will be the better scorer. Currys size alone will prevent him from ever reaching or surpassing Durants level.
KD might one day become the best player in the NBA.
I can't see Curry getting there.

rabzouz 96
03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
threads a joke

kurivaimu
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
You cant compare these two guys.

I agree with the post that said when Kobe retires, the NBA is lebrons and durants.

Nighthawk
You really need to see some Warriors games. This "little kid" makes a huge impact.

he'll still never be better than durant

Kobe
Lebron
Durant

Thats my top 3 players in that order...imo, Curry will never be top 5

Gibby23

He is 6'10'' so it is a hard cover for any player. He is tall enough to go in the post and has a good enough shot to shoot from the 3. He has handles and can go to the hole anytime he wants. Basically, Durant is a tougher cover and at the age of 21 is 2nd in scoring in the NBA while Curry isn't top 5. Durant will be the leading scorer in the NBA for years to come. He doesn't have to work as hard a Curry to score.

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
can I throw in Kyle Korver's FG% and 3Pt % from his rookie year and say he's on their level too?

You know as well as I that shooting is Curry's strong suit, and as an overall game Durant surpasses him. Don't let being a fan cloud your judgement :D

Shooting is also Durrant's strong suit.....are you kidding me? what else can Durrant do other than score? Have you seen how Curry helped made those scrubs better is GS? Don't be surprised if they make the play-offs next year. Curry is playing with a bunch of d league players and they're still better than a lot of teams, give Durrant what Curry has and they will be Nets-like.

Korman12
03-25-2010, 11:26 AM
No disrespect to Curry ... but,

Durant, Durant, Durant

Jay22Redd
03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
You have to look at their ages too though.

xxseven72ducexx
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
:facepalm: this is absolutely ******** in everyway...Stephen Curry is already a good player and is definitely going to be a great player, no doubt about it, he's one of the best rookies and young talents we have in this league...but Kevin Durant is a Top 5 talent in this league, he's now up there with LeBron, Kobe and Melo in being a dominant scorer in this league and if he continues he can possibly win the scoring title although LBJ is probably going to take it again...he had that streak of scoring over 25+ points in 29 straight games, the most since Michael Jordan :clap:...when Durant was drafted he was counted on as being the guy to revive that franchise and has most certainly fit the bill turning the Thunder into a playoff team and not only just squeaking in as the 8th seed...I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I'm watching SportsCenter as I type this and they're showing the Thunder kill the Rockets as they're speaking about how Durant has a chance to win the scoring title with 29.7 ppg (LeBron 29.8) and I don't believe that will ever be the case with Stephen Curry

Korman12
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Shooting is also Durrant's strong suit.....are you kidding me? what else can Durrant do other than score? Have you seen how Curry helped made those scrubs better is GS? Don't be surprised if they make the play-offs next year. Curry is playing with a bunch of d league players and they're still better than a lot of teams, give Durrant what Curry has and they will be Nets-like.

They're the third worst team in basketball. OKC went from terrible to a playoff team in one year.

zambo4president
03-25-2010, 11:31 AM
There 2 pretty different styles of player, KD is the better scorer, he's got the size and skill. Steph might be a better shooter though.

Nighthawk
03-25-2010, 11:31 AM

If Durant was on the Warriors they would be a playoff team.

phils07
03-25-2010, 11:33 AM
durant only went to college for one year while curry went for 3. and durant is currently a little younger and much, much, much better. i love curry too, but he is on a team in disarray when the thunder are going to make the playoffs this year after sucking last year. his stats might slightly inflated in nellies nonsystem system.

currys future is bright, but durants is the entire sun

NYJshane88
03-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Is this a serious question? lol Dont get me wrong I love Steph Curry but Durant owns. He's a legit superstar already and if he played in a big city he'd get 10000 the props.

Sixerlover
03-25-2010, 11:36 AM

The difference is coming out of college Curry was a known shooter, as opposed to the known scorer that Durant was.

But how much "better" has Curry made them? I think they had a better record at this point last year, and Monta Ellis, Ronny Turiaf, and Corey Maggette are far from D-Leaguers. Who did Durant have his rookie year that was their caliber of player?

And isn't Durant YOUNGER than Curry?

fredv
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
ban him!

NY Till I Die
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
This cannot be a serious thread. Curry is nowhere near Durant.

Durant is being mentioned in the Bryant, James level.

Curry is not even hands down the best rookie in the league.

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
:facepalm: this is absolutely ******** in everyway...Stephen Curry is already a good player and is definitely going to be a great player, no doubt about it, he's one of the best rookies and young talents we have in this league...but Kevin Durant is a Top 5 talent in this league, he's now up there with LeBron, Kobe and Melo in being a dominant scorer in this league and if he continues he can possibly win the scoring title although LBJ is probably going to take it again...he had that streak of scoring over 25+ points in 29 straight games, the most since Michael Jordan :clap:...when Durant was drafted he was counted on as being the guy to revive that franchise and has most certainly fit the bill turning the Thunder into a playoff team and not only just squeaking in as the 8th seed...I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I'm watching SportsCenter as I type this and they're showing the Thunder kill the Rockets as they're speaking about how Durant has a chance to win the scoring title with 29.7 ppg (LeBron 29.8) and I don't believe that will ever be the case with Stephen Curry

I won't put a guy who hasn't averaged 3 assist a game yet in his career with the likes of Kobe, Lebron and Wade......just saying.

mikantsass
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Rookie stats

Curry
PPG 16.5
RPG 4.20
APG 5.6
STL 1.9

Durrant
PPG 20.3
RPG 4.3
APG 2.4
STL 1.0

Your thoughts..........

Durant will always be the superiot scorer. Cmon, a 6'10'' SG. It almost unfair. He is 7-8 inches taller than almost every SG in the NBA.

Punkindrublic03
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
durant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>curry

yessirr

Chi City23
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
This cannot be a serious thread. Curry is nowhere near Durant.

Durant is being mentioned in the Bryant, James level.

Curry is not even hands down the best rookie in the league.

haha so true! how can you take someone seriously when they try to compare a top 3-7 player in the league with a guy who isn't even the best rookie in his class?

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
haha so true! how can you take someone seriously when they try to compare a top 3-7 player in the league with a guy who isn't even the best rookie in his class?

:facepalm:

would you take any rookie before him at this point?

jim51990
03-25-2010, 11:52 AM
curry play on the warriors inflated stats. curry will be a good player but he will never be great

cwilson21
03-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Tyreke Evans is a better rookie. Curry's stats are inflated because of the team he plays for. If Durant was a rookie on GS, he'd average ****ing 30 points a game. Curry's a great shooter but Durant is a much, much better player.

Sixerlover
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Give me Evans 10 out of 10 times over Curry if I'm starting a team.

Chi City23
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM

uh yeah.. his name is Tyreke Evans. The guy is averaging over 20 5 5. enough said

Hawkeye15
03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Curry will end up the better shooter/passer, but I can't envision him being a top 20 player. Durant scores in every way possible, rebounds, and is/will be a top 6 player

Hawkeye15
03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
I think the better comparions would have been Tyreke. Curry doesn't project as a superstar

Seattlesports
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
threads a joke

You said it .

Gideon
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm a Knicks fan and was pissed we lost out on Curry (Stephen not Eddy!:facepalm:) and love the kids game, butI have never seen such inflated stats on a team even more so than D'Antoni's Suns. The Warriors have guys out of the D-League putting up ridiculous stats! Needless to say one of those guys is Reggie Williams who I also wanted on the Knicks and led the NCAA in scoring multiple years. My point is though, look at Williams stats who is a rookie since it is his first time in the league and he is putting up stats that make him look like he could be a future all-star. So let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking Curry can be as good or better than Durant who I believe will be a top 3 player for the next 10 years.

IRUAM #21
03-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Typical dumbandbalanced thread

DerekRE_3
03-25-2010, 12:32 PM

Durant was 19 his rookie year.

JNA17
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
threads a joke

A thread started by failanduncoordinated is always a joke

JNA17
03-25-2010, 12:41 PM
ban him!

the funny thing is the OP has been banned 4 or 5 times but does not stay banned lol

Chronz
03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Durant had to carry the offensive load as a teen with no help and all the D focusing on him, Curry doesnt have the same responsibilities. Its pretty close statistically but Durant still projects as the much better player down the line.

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
the funny thing is the OP has been banned 4 or 5 times but does not stay banned lol

arghhhh......my haters. :pity:

sjbirds
03-25-2010, 12:58 PM
how can you even compare the two? and if you are talking about their rookie seasons maybe it is close but you also have to remember kd was the youngest player in the nba his rookie year.

JNA17
03-25-2010, 01:02 PM
arghhhh......my haters. :pity:

haters? If you had haters, that would mean you would have people that actually agreed with you on...anything lol. Which is very rare for your case ;).

However i will play along, Curry=never is, never was, and never will be better then kevin durant. K bye.

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
haters? If you had haters, that would mean you would have people that actually agreed with you on...anything lol. Which is very rare for your case ;).

However i will play along, Curry=never is, never was, and never will be better then kevin durant. K bye.

he just happen to be better than Durrant in every single category except for scoring and rebounds?

Swashcuff
03-25-2010, 01:10 PM
It seems as if the OP just wanted to make a hate thread of KD and thats why he started this dicussion. Its rediculous how highly he's rating Curry and not giving KD his respect.

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2010, 01:12 PM
threads a joke

x 100.

Tribe
03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Id have to say Durant is the better player...maybe Curry is a better ball handler but thats about it...

Carey
03-25-2010, 01:20 PM
It's close i'd say, Curry is in a system tailored to put up big #'s, they try to outscore you, however Durant is 6 inches taller. Is Curry at 6'9'' scarier then Durant? maybe. They both are very good

JNA17
03-25-2010, 01:23 PM
he just happen to be better than Durrant in every single category except for scoring and rebounds?

Ah where playing the stats game i see? Alright i'll play.

So lets see. points and rebounds we know durant has won that right? Rebounds you could say because he's a SF. But yet i could say the same thing with assists, he's a PG which is very natural for any PG to avg. more assists then SFs. But the fact that a PG, even if he is a scoring point guard, avgs 5.6 assists a game? Not so great.

FG% is next, currently Curry is beating durant's rookie year FG% by 3%. Yet shall we take a look at how many shots curry and durant took?

Durant: 587-1,366
Curry: 432-934

Now forget the fact that durant was actually a first option which means he would be guarded the hardest out of any other player in his team, but the fact that he shot a **** load more times then curry is doing makes the FG% pretty void.

3 point shooting, Durant was not so good at 3 pointers during his rookie year while curry is really a shooter. So curry wins that, but only against durant's "rookie year".

Free Throw Shooting, both really good at it, curry beating durant's rookie year FT% by a very small margin, yet once again, let's take a look at this.

Curry: 139-157
Durant: 391-448

Once again just like in the FG% side, Durant in his rookie year went to the line muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccchhhhhh hhhh more then curry is doing. Even Though curry is a good free shooter like durant, i don't think curry would have a higher FT% at this rate given the circumstances.

i have to go right now but so far, most of the catigories that "you think" curry is better then durant in, is pretty void. Not surprised that it's you though.

Iodine
03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
:mad: No really, this is why I quit PSD for almost a year. HOLY ****ING ****. I mean ZOMG HEZ SHOOTTTTING SEW WELLZ FROM DA FIELDZZZZ

You know who won rookie of the year in 2005? (or from the 2004 draft) Emeka. ZOMG TEH REWKIE SEAZON MEANZ HE IS GOAT. I mean its not like he is MAYBE the 5th best player in that class or anything.

Also Durant ***** on Curry on D even as a rookie: better D rating, Better rebound rating, better man D, better help D, better shot altering, etc.

Also Curry Draws fouls LESS than 6% of the time. Durant got fouled 12% of the time.

While the whole Durant had an A/TO ratio of under one was getting overblown, nobody mentions that curry has a worse A/TO (1.87) than TyFreak (1.92) Collison (2.2), and Jennings (2.4).

I have no idea why I actually analyzed that any so im going to stop now

Thread is a joke

Raph12
03-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Durant easily, I understand Curry's rookie stats look a bit better, but Okafor's rookies stats looked better than Dwight's, soooo...

sep11ie
03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Nott rreallllyy surre you cann comparre thhe two playerrs. Difffferrrrentt posittionss, difffferrrrenntt styless of playy, etcccccc.........

fairandbalanced
03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Ah where playing the stats game i see? Alright i'll play.

So lets see. points and rebounds we know durant has won that right? Rebounds you could say because he's a SF. But yet i could say the same thing with assists, he's a PG which is very natural for any PG to avg. more assists then SFs. But the fact that a PG, even if he is a scoring point guard, avgs 5.6 assists a game? Not so great.

FG% is next, currently Curry is beating durant's rookie year FG% by 3%. Yet shall we take a look at how many shots curry and durant took?

Durant: 587-1,366
Curry: 432-934

Now forget the fact that durant was actually a first option which means he would be guarded the hardest out of any other player in his team, but the fact that he shot a **** load more times then curry is doing makes the FG% pretty void.

3 point shooting, Durant was not so good at 3 pointers during his rookie year while curry is really a shooter. So curry wins that, but only against durant's "rookie year".

Free Throw Shooting, both really good at it, curry beating durant's rookie year FT% by a very small margin, yet once again, let's take a look at this.

Curry: 139-157
Durant: 391-448

Once again just like in the FG% side, Durant in his rookie year went to the line muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccchhhhhh hhhh more then curry is doing. Even Though curry is a good free shooter like durant, i don't think curry would have a higher FT% at this rate given the circumstances.

i have to go right now but so far, most of the catigories that "you think" curry is better then durant in, is pretty void. Not surprised that it's you though.

assist/steals?

Bullsfan22
03-25-2010, 02:17 PM
lmao @ the people saying he'll be a top 10 player, yeah sure. Or how about the smart man that said he's going to replace kobe as the best clutch player.

Curry is not even better than tyreke, people are really starting to overrate this kid. He won't be any better than Ben Gordon.

This thread is down right HORRIBLE, how the hell do you compare curry to Durant? This deserves a facepalm but it's not even worthy of getting the emoticon. *facepalm*

IndyRealist
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
This is silly. Durant was an inefficient scorer as a rookie who didn't know how to pick his shots. He takes far less 3's a game now, and as a result is one of the best players in the game. You could make the argument that Curry is a better rookie than Durant was, but he will likely NEVER be the better player. Durant is far more versatile.

Cool007
03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Durant would be averaging about 40 a game in Nelly's run and gun offense.

MJ-BULLS
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Durant is a better scorer/player than Evans, he is that good. I think Durant will win the scoring title BTW.

sargon21
03-25-2010, 03:54 PM
not even close imo

runforrestrunx9
03-25-2010, 04:15 PM
i hope u guys realize these 2 guys r the same age? They were both born in 88 but curry came out later...

Baldyy
03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Durant is still 6 months younger than Curry.... and at this point it's not even close who the better player is

Baldyy
03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Hah you beat me to it runforrest

mikantsass
03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
lmao @ the people saying he'll be a top 10 player, yeah sure. Or how about the smart man that said he's going to replace kobe as the best clutch player.

Curry is not even better than tyreke, people are really starting to overrate this kid. He won't be any better than Ben Gordon.

This thread is down right HORRIBLE, how the hell do you compare curry to Durant? This deserves a facepalm but it's not even worthy of getting the emoticon. *facepalm*

Wow, you pretty much summed up how EVERYONE outside of Chicago feels about Rose

Raidaz4Life
03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Curry isn't even worthy of holding Kevin Durant's jockstrap

sacgiants1213
03-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Curry isn't even the best rookie this year.. so yeah, that's my answer.

HoopsDrive
03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Freaking misleading title.

"Is Durrant a better scorrer/player than Stephen Curry?"

And the OP goes on to show the rookie stats of Durant. Seriously, wtf?

Right NOW, KD is way, way, way, way, way, way better than Curry. He's an arguable top 5 player. Curry is not even the stand-alone top rookie of his class.

talk.sick
03-25-2010, 04:36 PM
As far as potential goes I think Durant has the edge here. Why do you think Curry stayed in school after his freshman year? Durant's ceiling is much higher than Curry's. When I compare the two, I think Durant's a better scorer because he can get his buckets with much less effort and more efficiently than Curry. That's why he's more of the go-to guy than Curry because his teammates are confident he can get a shot no matter what kind of defense is thrown at him.

JonnyBrav000
03-25-2010, 04:38 PM

LOL, not to be rude but its rediculous how you are looking at their rookie year field goal %, to start the argument that Curry might be better than Durant. Curry is good, I really like him, but to even put him on the same level as Durant is rediculous. Durant is arguably a top5, maybe even top 3 player in the league right now. Durant as a rookie had to do more for his team than Curry has to right now, even tho both teams suck (Not this years Thunder). Golden State sacrifices defensive play to score quickly, if Durant played for this team in his rookie year, his numbers would have been even better than his rookie season. Plus how old was Durant during his rookie year? Younger than your boy Curry is right now. So don't start jumping the gun, Curry is nice, but Durant is better, without a doubt.

BTW it's not Durrant, it's Durant.

alencp3
03-25-2010, 04:39 PM
In before close.
If Steph is was or will be better than KD than Oden is the new Bill Russell

CityofTreez
03-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Kevin Durant.

Is this hypothetical asked because both are great shooters. There is no way in hell Stephen Curry will be what kevin Durant will be. Kevin Durant's wingspan is monstrous, and Curry is just a great shooter, but Durant is a great shooter, passer, defender.

I know Tyreke Evans is a better scorer/player than Stephen Curry!

JonnyBrav000
03-25-2010, 04:45 PM

No, thats just how you feel about D. Rose hater.

Put some good scorers around him and watch him distribute.

quhawk11
03-25-2010, 04:48 PM
If you had to start a team with one of these two, 9 out of 10 people are taking Durant. Durant is by far the better player & scorer. This is just a dumb topic.

tredigs
03-25-2010, 04:50 PM
You have to look at their ages too though.

Exactly. Did you realize that Curry is older than Durant?

They're completely different players, but Durant's height and wing span offer him a marked advantage both offensively and defensively. You can't just compare their rookie years, either -- because Durant improved drastically from year one to year two, and again from year two to year three. Simple stat to prove it is that his PER went from 15 to 20 to 25+ (that almost never happens).

It's interesting because these are probably my two favorite players, and Steph is going to be a very special player, but no he won't ever be a better scorer than Durant. I just don't think he has the physical tools to allow that. And he has A LOT of work to do to catch up to Durant as an overall player. But his work ethic is great (they ended up just giving him the key to the facility because apparently he'll just wake up at 1am sometimes and want to work on his game) we'll see how good he is defensively when Ellison buys this franchise over the summer* and implements a coach that actually promotes that...

*please God let that comment come to fruition!

tredigs
03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
curry play on the warriors inflated stats. curry will be a good player but he will never be great

Comments like this are so ridiculous. How do you know? Dude is a rookie, and in his rookie year he is playing ball that has him in contention for Rookie of the Year against a dude that is doing something that only Jordan, Oscar, and maybe one or two others did as a rookie ('Reke's 20/5/5).

It's all about how much he works in the offseason. He's already one of the best shooters in the game, and could very well become a member of the exclusive 50/40/90 (fg%, 3pt%, ft%) club as soon as next season, to go along with an amazing passing game and flash to boot. I'm telling you, this kid is going to be special, how special depends on how bad he wants it. But to try and say "he'll be good never great" is just talking out of your ***. At least say why you believe that if you're going to try and map out a players career arc after one (great) season.

The_Pharouh
03-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Durant will always be the superiot scorer. Cmon, a 6'10'' SG. It almost unfair. He is 7-8 inches taller than almost every SG in the NBA.

First he is 6 ft 9 in
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Durant)second he is SF not SG
third most SG who is under 6'4 or even 6'5 are considered undersized SGs(like Monta,Jet etc)while most SF are 6'7 or taller so Durant size for his position isn't a 7-8 inches taller at all (he is tall for sure but not as much as you make it)

i hope u guys realize these 2 guys r the same age? They were both born in 88 but curry came out later...
so what??????
you Know a guy like Steve Nash entered the league at the age of 22 and wasn't well known until moved to Dallas at the age of 24 while a guy like Iverson drafted younger and immediately won the ROY and was a greater player but guess what there was a time at there Career that Nash was the better player and won more MVPs ,I am not trying to compare those players but what I am saying some players take there time to turn into superstars while others don't need it
look I really think Duarant will end up being the better player but I don't like the whole age argument ,a lot of great players take there time in college and entered the league as old as Curry(Kidd,Duncan,Iverson,Ray Allen,Wade)and I don't think they had any problem with that

JDizzle
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes he basically leauge the leads in points were is currey at?

kozelkid
03-25-2010, 05:14 PM

It's comments like these that have brought the NBA forum down the *******.
I don't remember reading about Rose anywhere in this thread. In fact, at this point, it's people like you who bring up Rose more in this forum than anyone else.
Grow up.

Bishnoff
03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Curry will never be better than Durant. End of story.