PDA

View Full Version : What should the Cavs do the last 3 games of the season?

JordansBulls
03-25-2010, 08:43 AM
The Cavs have a 3 game lead over LA for the best record in the league, and they beat LA both times this year. So for LA to get HCA they need to have one less loss than the Cavs.

With that in mind, their are only 12 games left in season and I noticed the Cavs have Orlando at home in the 2nd to the last game of the season and then they play in Atlanta.

If you are the Cavs, what do you do? Do you play your starters and try to win those games or do you rest your starters and gear up for the playoffs?

clutchski
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
I would think they'll play their starters until they know they've won the league. The HCA would be huge in the finals against a team like the Lakers.

Ruggy
03-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Keep in mind that Orlando will be playing for nothing as well. It will be one of those "yeah we want to win" games but not at the expense of the greater goal. So I wouldn't expect a playoff type game. Against Atl they will do what they did last year and LBJ and some of the key players won't even dress. Atl may really be thanking Cle if that's the case since they will be fighting till the end for the 3 seed.

JordansBulls
03-25-2010, 10:27 AM
I would think they'll play their starters until they know they've won the league. The HCA would be huge in the finals against a team like the Lakers.

That's what I am saying. They already have a 3 game lead over them. So essentially if it stays that way, they can lose their last 3 games and still end up with the same record as LA and would still have HCA over them.

My thing is, what should the Cavs do when they will probably face either Atlanta or Orlando in the playoffs if not both.

JNA17
03-25-2010, 01:00 PM
It depends how far they are, if they did not clinch top team in the league for the last 3 games, play your starters until you do. Home court advantege is going to play a big part this year.

coloradobuff
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
play starters until you have everything clinched, then sit them..teams did it in past, so why not now?

Draco
03-25-2010, 01:34 PM
play starters until you have everything clinched, then sit them..teams did it in past, so why not now?

yeah like the 2007 Mavericks :D

Raph12
03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I think they might rest their guys, but when you're playing the Magic and Hawks to finish the season, wouldn't you want a measuring stick type game to close things out?

JordansBulls
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I think they might rest their guys, but when you're playing the Magic and Hawks to finish the season, wouldn't you want a measuring stick type game to close things out?

That is what I was thinking as well.

JasonJohnHorn
03-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Play your best until you have home court locked down. Then when the Magic come to town, throw your bench at then to see which match-ups hurt or help you most to see who you should pull out off the bench should they meet Orlando in the playoffs (which is highly likely).

And also, have a Sham-wow/Slap Chop day to keep in pace with the Snuggie world record!

cheerio
03-25-2010, 06:12 PM
It depends how far they are, if they did not clinch top team in the league for the last 3 games, play your starters until you do. Home court advantege is going to play a big part this year.

Always does

JordansBulls
03-30-2010, 08:43 AM
they have a 4 game lead over the next best team now.

rhaas74
03-30-2010, 08:59 AM
I would like to see them play the 1st half, or something along those lines. When LeBron came back from his week off that his game was a little off at first. Either way, I want to see Mo and Jamison in there for awhile. Jamison is new to the team and while his game has fit well, I would still like to get some more gametime with him in there. With Mo, he is a streaky shooter, and with LeBron sitting there will be more shots for him. Plus, you want to see who is clicking with some of the starters to know who is going to be getting the minutes.

Jaji
03-30-2010, 10:00 AM
I'd let Big Z push the point, put Mo Williams at C and Delonte West at PF, Varejao could play the 2 and and I've just leave the 3 spot open. Of course, LBJ would be the coach. I think they'd win 2 outta 3 with that lineup. Boobie Gibson would still be the waterboy :(.

prodigy
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Once HCA is clinched then Just Cut Lebrons, Jamison's, Mo's, AV's minutes in half. Then sit them the final game of season like last year.

JordansBulls
03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Once HCA is clinched then Just Cut Lebrons, Jamison's, Mo's, AV's minutes in half. Then sit them the final game of season like last year.

I'd say play everyone but Lebron the last 3 games. To see how they gel. They need to be more dependent on themselves for the postseason so that Lebron doesn't hold the ball like he did last year.

TheKing23
03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I'd say play everyone but Lebron the last 3 games. To see how they gel. They need to be more dependent on themselves for the postseason so that Lebron doesn't hold the ball like he did last year.

I couldn't agree more... We were able to beat the Spurs without LeBron, and i'd like to see how an attack spearheaded by Mo and Jamison would work out.

Z needs to get into his rhythm a bit more as well, and maybe shorten the rotations as we move into the post season. JJ's minutes will see a decrease, with Powe's, Z's and Andy's going up (due to their playoff experience). I can also see Shaq's minutes being monitored in the first round, and then maybe maxing out at about 30 a game, dependent on matchups etc.

TheKing23
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
With our next 4 games against the Bucks, Celtics, Hawks and Raptors we could have HC wrapped up with 4 games left. The Lakers next 4 are against the Hawks, Jazz, Spurs and Nuggets. I can see them maybe going 2-2 over that stretch, meaning the Cavs would only need to win 2 more games for HCA.

LeBron could get A LOT of rest heading into the playoffs.

JordansBulls
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
With our next 4 games against the Bucks, Celtics, Hawks and Raptors we could have HC wrapped up with 4 games left. The Lakers next 4 are against the Hawks, Jazz, Spurs and Nuggets. I can see them maybe going 2-2 over that stretch, meaning the Cavs would only need to win 2 more games for HCA.

LeBron could get A LOT of rest heading into the playoffs.

And also you have the tie breaker over LA.

RaiderLakersA's
03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
The Cavs (or any team in their position) should play for HCA. It's too much of an advantage not to shoot for it, if in reach.