PDA

View Full Version : Most bitter rivalry in the NBA right now?

JordansBulls
03-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Which teams have the biggest rivalry in the NBA as we speak?

IRUAM #21
03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Nets and Wolves

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Cavs and Lakers.

JabberJaw
03-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Lakers and Boston...they hate each other, I think.

m26555
03-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't really think there is one at this point. I guess the closest things would be Celtics/Cavaliers or Magic/Cavaliers.

mikantsass
03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Bitter rivalry? There is none. All of the players/teams are too friendly these days.

m26555
03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Lakers and Boston...they hate each other, I think.
I find it hard to consider them rivals because they play in different conferences and only play each other twice a year. Maybe if they would have met in the Finals more than once, then yes.

LayZbone
03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Heat-Bulls.....kinda. Mostly, just the fans hate each other.

Slimsim
03-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Magic and Lakers

Barnes and Kobe were the closes thing to a fight this year.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Rose-Rondo

JIMMY CONWAY
03-24-2010, 03:23 PM
To be honest every teams rival is the Los Angeles Lakers. But I don't think the Lakers acknowledge any team. Teams come and go, first it was Boston in the eightees, then Potland and Sacramento in the early two thousands. Right now they don't have one because teams aren't consistently good like them.

When schedules come out, teams circle the Lakers on their calender... the Lakers are too busy checking out the girls on the calender...

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Cavs and Lakers.

no they don't....that rivalry's soooooo overhyped. Those teams clearly don't hate each other it's just the Lakers fans that come up with those stupid *** nicknames like Lebrick/Lequeen/Queen James/Lebrat Shames and so on...the only hatred of those teams is between the fans and that's because they each think their superstar (Kobe or Lebron) is better than the other.

The NBA doesn't really have any rivalries...however the Nuggets/Lakers might be turning into one with what Pau said earlier.

shep33
03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
First off nothing comes close to Bulls vs. Knicks back in the 90s, but right now i'd say ....

Nuggets and Lakers- they hate each other. Lot of trash talk, and i can see a bunch of techs between them in the playoffs coming up. Ron vs Melo is gonna be epic, Ron's physical defense vs. Melo's physical offense.

I'd say its that one by far.

flea
03-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Rose versus whoever he is playing in any given night.

shep33
03-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Magic and Lakers

Barnes and Kobe were the closes thing to a fight this year.

Nahh, I dont' think one confrontation means anything, its just one incident. It was fun and all but the teams don't really hate each other.

Lakers vs. Kings back in the day was the last good rivalry i could remember

Double_R
03-24-2010, 03:52 PM
no they don't....that rivalry's soooooo overhyped. Those teams clearly don't hate each other it's just the Lakers fans that come up with those stupid *** nicknames like Lebrick/Lequeen/Queen James/Lebrat Shames and so on...the only hatred of those teams is between the fans and that's because they each think their superstar (Kobe or Lebron) is better than the other.

The NBA doesn't really have any rivalries...however the Nuggets/Lakers might be turning into one with what Pau said earlier.

Wow I agree with Saddler on one... also, I think the Magic, Cavs, & Celtics are all working on a rivalry with eachother

Raidaz4Life
03-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Lakers/Celtics

UofA
03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
There are no real 'bitter' rivalries right now, all the stars are too friendly for there to be a good one imo

Id say the closest that I can see now would be Nuggets/Lakers, and maybe its just on this site but Bulls/Celtics :shrug:

cooters22
03-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Cavs and Lakers.

I agree!

Raph12
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Magic vs Cavs - Lebron wants to silence his critics, Dwight wants to silence Shaq and Delonte just wants to kill everyone.

soundjunkies2
03-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Lakers and Nuggets

kidfury
03-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Magic vs Cavs - Lebron wants to silence his critics, Dwight wants to silence Shaq and Delonte just wants to kill everyone.

i agree. Lebron wants payback and Shaq has a chip on his shoulder towards Dwight

Big Zo
03-24-2010, 04:39 PM
The last "bitter" rivalry in the NBA was the Heat and the Knicks. Can't think of anything close right now.

bahama0811
03-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Lakers vs. Nuggets

Reddd
03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
There's none, and that's devastating

DaBUU
03-24-2010, 05:09 PM

This

macc
03-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Lakers vs Den

Magic vs Cavs

Boston vs Cavs

Magic vs Boston

stawka
03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
If we're talking right now it'll have to be Lakers/Nuggets

thephoenixson28
03-24-2010, 05:29 PM
As long as California and Arizona have a team we will always be rivals.

thephoenixson28
03-24-2010, 05:32 PM
So were is USMCLaker at

JasonJohnHorn
03-24-2010, 05:40 PM
There was a pretty tense rivalry between the Cavs and Washington, since the Cavs knocked them out of the playoffs in consecutive years, and the Spurs and Lakers have been battling each other for supremecy in the league for the last ten years, but both rivalries seem to have lost steam in recent years.

The biggest rivalry I've seen is not actually between players or team those. Its between fans. The LBJ camp vs. the KB24 camp. These two players seem to actually like each other, but their fans are always at each other's throats (judging from the post I read here anyways).

JasonJohnHorn
03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
The Suns and Spurs were pretty tense with each other for a couple years, but neither team seems to be a relevent in terms of title contentionin the past two seasons.

magichatnumber9
03-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Rose-RondoI think there both friends.

NY-SportsFan
03-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Sadly there isn't one. The NBA taking contact and physical play out of the game has prevented "bitter" rivalries from forming.

Wilson
03-24-2010, 05:58 PM
I find it hard to consider them rivals because they play in different conferences and only play each other twice a year. Maybe if they would have met in the Finals more than once, then yes.

The Celtics and Lakers have met in the Finals eleven times. Although they've only met in the Finals once recently, the rivalry is still intense.

I think there a few good rivalries in the league right now, although none are as intense as the ones we've seen in the past (mainly due to the absence of physical play these days):

Lakers - Celtics
Lakers - Nuggets
Celtics - Hawks
Cavaliers - Magic
Spurs - Mavericks

Depending on what happens in this year's play-offs, Lakers-Mavericks and Lakers-Magic could appear on the list.

There are probably some I'm forgetting. Every team has some sort of rivalry.

I didn't add Lakers-Cavaliers because there's no real intensity there. There's a lot of media hype because of Kobe and LeBron, but so far nothing has really materialized.

Lakers-Spurs is always fun, although I don't think it's really as big of a rivalry as it used to be.

nycsports2
03-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Bitter rivalry? There is none. All of the players/teams are too friendly these days.

this is true and i hate it remember when childs gave kobe a 2 piece:)

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Wow I agree with Saddler on one... also, I think the Magic, Cavs, & Celtics are all working on a rivalry with eachother

yup...and that's a rare occurrence.

raptors_fanatic
03-24-2010, 07:09 PM
wouldnt consider them rivalries for sure but at least potential:
Nuggets & Lakers
Celtics & Lakers
Celtics & Bulls
Heat & Bulls
Spurs & Suns
Lakers & Cavs

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 07:10 PM

I didn't really mean like they hate each other. I meant the Rivalry for the number one spot in the NBA(Talent Wise and Season Record). It's a close fight. And I am a huge Laker's fan but I don't see any need to downplay Lebron's talent or be childish and call him names.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I didn't really mean like they hate each other. I meant the Rivalry for the number one spot in the NBA(Talent Wise and Season Record). It's a close fight. And I am a huge Laker's fan but I don't see any need to downplay Lebron's talent or be childish and call him names.

I see...we just have a different view for the word rivalry. My view of it is 2 teams that hate everything about each other. Like Players h8 players, fans h8 fans, and maybe even coaches h8 coaches.

Storch
03-24-2010, 08:43 PM
everyone thinks their rival is the lakers

Ray_R
03-24-2010, 08:54 PM

I like you.

heathonater
03-24-2010, 11:25 PM
i could see the magic and lakers developing into a good rivalry if they meet in the finals this year. guys like artest and barnes will both bring scrappy defense and trash talking as well.

Hellcrooner
03-25-2010, 04:06 AM
None.

Nowdays "rivlaries" are a joke.

Jordan wanted to kick dumars teet and make him bleed.

Kareeem wanted to blast Lambiiers cheek.

Rambis would have spit in Mchales face if it was legal.

Nothing like that happens nowdays.

Bulls_fan90
03-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Rose-Rondo

You beat me to it :laugh:

tredigs
03-25-2010, 05:00 AM
There's NO true NBA rivalry at this point, and the fact that you have to pose this question proves it. Hopefully there will be soon -- This summers free agency holds the key to that future though.

B.JenningsMVP
03-25-2010, 05:04 AM
La-den
mia-bos

Team*Chicago
03-25-2010, 09:53 AM

:laugh2: -amn, where did you here those from?

wouldnt consider them rivalries for sure but at least potential:
Nuggets & Lakers
Celtics & Lakers
Celtics & Bulls
Heat & Bulls
Spurs & Suns
Lakers & Cavs

I kind of agree about them being potentialy rivalries since it got physical between those teams but right now they are fake rivalries.

BOSTON617
03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
pacers vs detroit vs fans
last big one i remember

Team*Chicago
03-25-2010, 10:24 AM
last big one i remember

Because of that one brawl they did back in 2004.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
I think there both friends.

I wouldn't doubt it. Would be funny if they are really close and all, and yet they create so much hate on here.

BOSTON617
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Because of that one brawl they did back in 2004.

there was a lot of tension after that game if u watched an 80s basketball game brawls were the reason teams hated each other larry bird use to play with blood on his jeresy i mean to me the nba turned into a bunch of *******
lol!! i feel if that indiana team didnt get split up that team would of had some great games against detroit!!!!!

avrpatsfan
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM

The Lakers and Celtics have met eachother more than once in the Finals. 10 times I think. There aren't many rivalries because most of the NBA players are friends. Celtics Cavs is a good one along with Celtics Magic.

sunnydayin'zona
03-25-2010, 11:18 AM
suns-spurs? dying down a little, but two years ago...woah.

JNA17
03-25-2010, 12:58 PM
last big one i remember

What about Denver vs Knicks?

justinnum1
03-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Miami-Chicago

bmanjones
03-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Raptors-Sixers

biggest rilvary in all of sports

BOSTON617
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
What about Denver vs Knicks?

i dont know like i guess rivalry now is just for a year or two i view it has like a tradition like yankess vs redsox perfect example the only teams that really qualify are boston and la. i do feel as if the pacers team stayed the same that year they were easily contenders too. that detroit and pacers would of became a really heated up match up and a fun one too.

DirtyThirty
03-25-2010, 02:21 PM
rivalry in the NBA lol......are you serious?

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
:laugh2: -amn, where did you here those from?

You're tellin me u never seen one of those crappy nicknames? You must be new...I see them everywhere...here, ESPN, Yahoo Sports...

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
rivalry in the nba lol......are you serious?

+1

Boston Fanatic
03-25-2010, 02:35 PM
There's NO true NBA rivalry at this point, and the fact that you have to pose this question proves it. Hopefully there will be soon -- This summers free agency holds the key to that future though.

what about the hawks and celtics????? they match up very well one is an older team the other is young. they play each other harder than they play anyone and they talk a lot of smack on both ends!

also i feel in the next few seasons the bulls and celtics will be a rivalry rose and rondo are the best point guards in the east and that was the best playoff series ever in the history of any sport (in the first round) so i could definitely see them battling it out for a few years.

plus i know they arent that good but the pistons and pacers (at least the fans) will forever hate each other after what happened.

the cavs lakers have potential but i think the lakers and magic have a better rivalry brewing

the spurs and the mavs could be considered one as well playing in the same state each with one of the better big men in the league for a while and each starting to fade a little bit (although the butler trade changes things a little)

after this offseason i could see the nets and the knicks battling it out a little bit because each is going to get a lot better and each one is a joke of franchise to a lot of people

also if the clippers finally get it together them and the lakers have it the easiest for a rivalry to start because they play in the same building and such

its not like before with rivalries because you cant foul that hard anymore and you dont have anyone who really trancends the game like bird and magic.

i didnt mention the celtics lakers because its always going to be considered a rivalry just because historically they are the two best and they play on opposite sides of the country. unless they meet in the finals this year (last year of the big three probably) then this will just be a media rivalry and not a real one

Wilson
03-25-2010, 02:38 PM
The Lakers and Celtics have met eachother more than once in the Finals. 10 times I think. There aren't many rivalries because most of the NBA players are friends. Celtics Cavs is a good one along with Celtics Magic.

Eleven. Of those eleven times, the Lakers have won twice.

:sigh:

BOSTON617
03-25-2010, 02:41 PM
people a rivalry is when the fans can feel the tention when the whole nation watches the game when you get so into it you dont care your house is burning down lol. there has not been a rivalry like that in a while men lie woman lie numbers dont the most viewed game in nba history was in the 80s bird vs magic enough said

BOSTON617
03-25-2010, 02:43 PM

its all good still got more rings then you :rolleyes:

BOSTON617
03-25-2010, 02:46 PM

haha def misread that

bowieinspace
03-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Nets and Winning

fixed

bowieinspace
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
bulls fans and james posey. id hurt that guy if i met him.

DodgerBulls
03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Just for humor..
I'd have to say its.. Hinrich vs. The Refs and Bulls fan vs. Vinny.

JordansBulls
04-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Looks like Orlando vs Cleveland will be like Rocky vs Drago in Rocky IV. They are just going to go at it.

VIP1349
04-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Considering our players got into a fight in a preseason game and our guys both talk a lot of smack, think Lakers/Nuggets has to be one. Most the rivalries like Lakers/Celtics are just past ones that are considered to be continued today.