PDA

View Full Version : Can Cleveland beat Orlando without Shaq?

JayW_1023
03-24-2010, 06:50 AM
I think they can. Think about it, Orlando is not the same offensive team with Vince Carter. Big Z will not match up well with Howard defensively...but his outside shooting will draw Howard out of paint, opening up the middle.

I'm not sure if Shaq really stops Howard all that much, because Howard can just turn and face up and use his quickness to his advantage. Shaq is most useful coming off the bench at this point of his career.

I just think the Cavs' offense flows better without Shaq manning the middle. With Big Z starting instead of Shaq you surround LeBron with four deadly long range shooters. It'll be really tough for Orlando to send help defense once LeBron takes it to the hole.

JNA17
03-24-2010, 07:47 AM
they could beat the cavs even with shaq. So yes i think without Shaq they would most likely fall, i mean the whole reason they got shaq in the first place was for dwight lol

prodigy
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
It would be a lot tougher of course.

But cavs just have so many body's they can throw on Howard. Shaq, Z, AV, Hickson, Powe, Lebron if needed. They can pound on Howard and wear him out.

A big reason the Magic beat the cavs last season was Mis-matches. 6'3 West covering 6'10 Turk. Now that height issue is gone. VC is a much better scorer, but he also takes more bad shots and does not rebound or pass much. His defense is also a joke.

Shaq also allows the cavs to not double Howard. Which won't leave Lewis open all game.

Reports out of Cleveland are that Shaq is in great shape. Better shape then before the injury

JordansBulls
03-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Ummm yes.

stawka
03-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Shaq isn't in Cleveland to stop Dwight, he's there to neutralize him - most of you are forgetting that. Dwight will still get 20/10, but it's the 'other guys' that Shaq stops. Dwight can't kick the ball out to an open Lewis anymore, or a Turkoglu guarded by West/Williams anymore. Plus, Shaq can get Dwight in foul trouble as much as Dwight can get Shaq in foul trouble. It's really who is more aggressive. If Shaq is in foul trouble, the Cavs bring in Z/Hickson/Anderson. If Dwight is in foul trouble, they lose bigtime and have to settle on Gortat (who is good, but no Dwight)

x45x
03-24-2010, 08:30 AM
shaq isn't in cleveland to stop dwight, he's there to neutralize him - most of you are forgetting that. Dwight will still get 20/10, but it's the 'other guys' that shaq stops. Dwight can't kick the ball out to an open lewis anymore, or a turkoglu guarded by west/williams anymore. Plus, shaq can get dwight in foul trouble as much as dwight can get shaq in foul trouble. It's really who is more aggressive. If shaq is in foul trouble, the cavs bring in z/hickson/anderson. If dwight is in foul trouble, they lose bigtime and have to settle on gortat (who is good, but no dwight)

+1

Iron24th
03-24-2010, 08:54 AM
they could beat the cavs even with shaq. So yes i think without Shaq they would most likely fall, i mean the whole reason they got shaq in the first place was for dwight lol

x2

Nothing proves they can beat Orlando in a 7 games series even with Shaq,they have the best record yes,but they already had last year.

Honestly I'm pretty sure Orlando can beat Cleveland again with or whitout Shaq.

tjlipford
03-24-2010, 09:12 AM
For everybody here that is familiar with the Cleveland area, Shaq is in great shape and is working out two times a day one with the team and then he comes late at night to this fitness center.

I see him all the time at the new Lifetime Fitness center in Beachwood. (He is huge)

I think we can beat the Magic this year without Shaq but it is going to be tough. The whole reason we got Shaq is because Dwight.

Even with Shaq its going to be tough to beat them. Come playoff time they are going to be hungry and try to knock us out again. I just hope with these new pieces that everybody steps us when they need to.

RadiantShot
03-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Now wait a second.

I see everyone's point and all, but think about a few things.

The REASON The Cavs brought in Shaq, was to defend Dwight. Without Shaq, Dwight's going to kill in the paint, every night. He's not the same Dwight he was last season. He's quicker, he's stronger, he's got a more diverse game, and now, he CAN dominate, like we thought he could. He's beginning to be that, 'go-to' guy. You'd know if you watched the Magic. (Talking to everyone as a whole.)

Basically, without Shaq, they have the same team as last year. The same team we beat, WITHOUT Vince, Barnes, Bass, and an upgraded Dwight. Not to mention, Jameer is back.

This was our lineup last year in the playoffs :

PG - Rafer
SG - Lee
SF - Hedo
PF - Rashard
C - Dwight

This year :

PG - Nelson
SG - Carter
SF - Barnes
PF - Lewis
C - Howard

Everyone's building chemistry. We ARE better than we were last year, despite how many people thought Hedo was better for this team. Vince is now the go-to guy. We're succeeding as a whole.

I'll give Cleveland their props, and I hope we can face eachother in the ECF. (Hopefully neither of us will get surprised in the playoffs.) I look forward to the battle. I just think everyone thinks that the clear choice is Cleveland, but look what happened last year. Don't put all your chips into one biased basket guys.

jrm2054
03-24-2010, 09:28 AM
The Cavs can win without SHaq but it will be hard as hell. WIth Shaq the chances of them beating the Magic go way up

Double_R
03-24-2010, 10:10 AM
It would be a lot tougher of course.

But cavs just have so many body's they can throw on Howard. Shaq, Z, AV, Hickson, Powe, Lebron if needed. They can pound on Howard and wear him out.

A big reason the Magic beat the cavs last season was Mis-matches. 6'3 West covering 6'10 Turk. Now that height issue is gone. VC is a much better scorer, but he also takes more bad shots and does not rebound or pass much. His defense is also a joke.

Shaq also allows the cavs to not double Howard. Which won't leave Lewis open all game.

Reports out of Cleveland are that Shaq is in great shape. Better shape then before the injury

Hate to break it to you, but they still double Dwight 75% of the game, not to mention(thread starter) that Big Z can't guard anyone, let alone DH and Vince Carter has been amazing over the past 2 months, so we will see

Yanks All Day
03-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Hate to break it to you, but they still double Dwight 75% of the game, not to mention(thread starter) that Big Z can't guard anyone, let alone DH and Vince Carter has been amazing over the past 2 months, so we will see

Shaq guards Dwight 1 on 1 when he is out there, and vice versa. It's not going to be as easy as some people seem to think, but the Cavs this year are MUCH better than the Cavs last year were and the matchup problem is gone for them vs. Orlando. People also seem to forget that on the offensive end, last year they had no one other than LeBron to get Dwight in foul trouble. Now, Dwight also has trouble guarding Shaq. Anyone who has watched the games can see that. DH might be more finesse, but Shaq straight up bullies him down low when its 1 on 1.

daliLOLbagaric
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
i honestly think they can and it's not like shaq is the threat he once was. the cavaliers have plenty of pieces to beat orlando.

Redportis26
03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
The cavs can not beat the magic without shaq because with him they have no TRUE center. Big Z or Varijou cant match up with Dwight defensivly so that opens everything up for the rest of the offense. With out shaq you are goin to have a 2009 Eastern Confrence Championship remake. Magic all Day!!!

ballpd05
03-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't think so. The Rashard Lewis-slow power forward matchup is gone with the addition of Jamison, and Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon can contribute to making sure Delonte doesn't get stuck in a size mismatch for most of the game... But Dwight had his way with Joe Smith, Big Z, and Varejao. He was too big and quick for Z and Joe, and just too strong for Varejao. That would still cause major problems if they had to leave the perimeter to double Dwight.

But with Jamison and Parker they eliminate the magic's size difference and quickness advantage on the perimeter so that levels it a little and maybe able to overcome the clinic dwight would put on whoever is playing center.

Shaq gives cleveland the advantage because dwight struggles against guys he cannot bully.

macc
03-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Bias aside I still think Orlando has got Clevelands number considering Cleveland hasn't had a winning record vs Orlando in years. I do think Cleveland needs Shaq to have a chance to beat them. Big Z did absolutely nothing against Dwight last year. Yes Z can bring Dwight out of the paint but Z isn't even a regular part of the Cleveland offense anymore. He takes what, 5-7 shots a game?

In either case I hope they meet in the ECF again. They make for great playoff games. Lebron vs Howard is just great basketball.

In either case I never forget about Boston. I'm still more affraid of them then Cleveland. But that's just me.

prash
03-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Not without Shaq, no. He ain't gonna average 20 and 10, but his presence in the middle is very important! Can't understate that!!

RaiderLakersA's
03-24-2010, 11:22 AM
What do I respond if I don't think that they can beat Orlando WITH Shaq???

prodigy
03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Bias aside I still think Orlando has got Clevelands number

NO WAY!!!!! lol dude of course you think that, your a magic fan lol.

BTW cavs are 2-1 vs Magic. Pretty sure thats a winning record.

prodigy
03-24-2010, 11:29 AM
In either case I never forget about Boston. I'm still more affraid of them then Cleveland. But that's just me.

lol. The nets are not scared of Boston.

Ty Fast
03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
if they play it wont be till the ecf and that is like 3 months away. shaq will be back by then. also the cavs will have home court and are a different team than last year

prodigy
03-24-2010, 11:43 AM
if they play it wont be till the ecf and that is like 3 months away. shaq will be back by then. also the cavs will have home court and are a different team than last year

100% true Fact. But Magic fans will try to BS around that.

Does anyone else Notice Howard is not having that good of a year? He has 9 games where he scored under 10 points. His teammates hardly ever look for him, and He cries to the refs every 5 seconds. He only takes 10 shots a game.

Raph12
03-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I think they can. Think about it, Orlando is not the same offensive team with Vince Carter. Big Z will not match up well with Howard defensively...but his outside shooting will draw Howard out of paint, opening up the middle.

I'm not sure if Shaq really stops Howard all that much, because Howard can just turn and face up and use his quickness to his advantage. Shaq is most useful coming off the bench at this point of his career.

I just think the Cavs' offense flows better without Shaq manning the middle. With Big Z starting instead of Shaq you surround LeBron with four deadly long range shooters. It'll be really tough for Orlando to send help defense once LeBron takes it to the hole.

If they wanted to surround Lebron with 4 shooters, they could've done it last season. Dwight would just let Z bomb away from 3 and help out on Lebron every time... See 2009 ECFs.

I think the Magic will beat the Cavs with Shaq, so remove him and they eliminate any chance they had to stop them.

This

/Thread

LA_Raiders
03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
NO, they need a body to stop the real superman...

JNA17
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM

I love the playoffs, you know why? Because it shows how absolutely meaningless the regular season is.

Raph12
03-24-2010, 12:56 PM
100% true Fact. But Magic fans will try to BS around that.

Does anyone else Notice Howard is not having that good of a year? He has 9 games where he scored under 10 points. His teammates hardly ever look for him, and He cries to the refs every 5 seconds. He only takes 10 shots a game.

LMFAO! Dude I'm sorry but you're an idiot...

The only reason Dwight scores less in some games is because he has more offensive help this season and he doesn't need to carry a bigger offensive load.

For the last 30 games (since the midpoint of the season [41 games in]), Dwight's avged 21.3ppg-13.6rpg-1.8apg-1.0spg-3.0bpg on 63.3FG% and the Magic have gone 24-6 in that span.

He takes nights off when they blow out their opponents, not like Lebron who stays in the game to try to boost his stats despite being up 20+ in the fourth. :rolleyes:

"Does anyone else Notice Howard is not having that good of a year?"... Last I checked, Dwight's leading the league in double-doubles, blocks, rebounds, FG percentage, drat, dws and has led his team to the 3rd best record in the league, beating both teams ahead of them most recently.

Idk about you, but that sounds like a pretty good year to me.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't think that they can beat Orlando w/o Shaq, but I don't even think that's the point because most likely Shaq will be back. With Shaq though I'm not sure...Orlando doesn't have those brutal mis-matches like last year (West on Hedo, Flopejao on Rashard) and I think that makes a huge difference. They have Jamison who is pretty similar to Rashard size-wise and skill-wise, and Anthony Parker who is a much bigger body than Delonte, and is a pretty good defender to guard Cry-Baby Carter. But this year Orlando is deeper, so I think it's a toss-up. If I was betting, I would take the Cavs because I don't see Lebron losing to the same team twice in a row in the playoffs...especially after seeing how PO'd he was last year. But like I said b4, if for some odd reason Shaq is still out, then the Magic would probably take it in 7.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2010, 01:40 PM
They need Shaq to beat them. Shaq plays Dwight one on one and gets him in foul trouble on the other end. Thats why Orlando doubled him the entire game earlier this year and Shaq went on that big rant about how he always defended the great centers straight up and didn't need a double team to help him.

What Shaq does, without putting up big numbers, is takes Howard out of the equation. With him neutralized that means no wide open threes for Rashard and company. Which pretty much leaves you with Vince taking fade away jumpers all night.

I think Cleveland can live with that.

sNaKeS
03-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I love the playoffs, you know why? Because it shows how absolutely meaningless the regular season is.

Exactly, the magic swept the lakers last season and we know how that ended up. The regular season means nothing come playoff time.

sNaKeS
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
And of course the cavs fans are saying shaq is in better shape before the injury. If that was the case, WHY IS HE NOT PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
I am not a fan of either team. But it's gonna be a amazing series in which I will watch all 7 games. And enjoy immensely.

Lakersfan2483
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
The Cavs definitely have better depth up front this year and have a number of players to put on Howard, however I don't see them beating the Magic without Shaq.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Also the X-factor will be which Vince shows up, good Vince or Bad Vince. If he puts his head down and takes it to the rack Orlando will be hard to beat regardless.... but thats been the story his whole career.

RadiantShot
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM

Pretty sure 4-2 in the Playoffs is better than 2-1 in the regular season off of 2 back-to-backs on the ones we lost.

RadiantShot
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
With some of the comments said, especially some of the more critical, unnecessary ones, I think Orlando will beat Cleveland even with Shaq.

Let's keep it coming.

Raph12
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
They need Shaq to beat them. Shaq plays Dwight one on one and gets him in foul trouble on the other end. Thats why Orlando doubled him the entire game earlier this year and Shaq went on that big rant about how he always defended the great centers straight up and didn't need a double team to help him.

What Shaq does, without putting up big numbers, is takes Howard out of the equation. With him neutralized that means no wide open threes for Rashard and company. Which pretty much leaves you with Vince taking fade away jumpers all night.

I think Cleveland can live with that.

One game doesn't make a series.

Dwight dominated Shaq in the 3rd game so badly that Shaq had to double him late in the 3rd and throughout the 4th. In the second game, Orlando was up 75-70 midway through the third, when Dwight picked up his 4th personal (courtesy of a Lebron bs call) was benched and the Cavs went up 4 going into the fourth.

Orlando doubles Shaq when Hickson or Varejao are on the floor, because they can afford to leave them open, but with Jamison on the floor, Dwight guards him one-on-one.

Shaq can't neutralize Dwight, but he can do a damn better job than anyone else on that Cavs roster.

bagwell368
03-24-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't think that they can beat Orlando w/o Shaq, but I don't even think that's the point because most likely Shaq will be back.

Thankfully someone finally got it - the man is playing.

Everyone talks about Shaq's effect on the D, and obviously if he is available, in good shape, and goes hard on D, it will help - a lot.

But Shaq hurts the Cavs on offensive continuity - a lot. That has to be addressed.

If I'm coaching the Cavs:

20-24 minutes of Shaq max. Have him beat up Howard low, and look for fouls (not at the end in a close game however). He should not be in there when Howard isn't, not for a second.

The rest of the time I'm running his guy(s - change them around frequently) down court hard for transition points. On set plays whomever Howard is on, take him outside to 3 land. When Howard is inside run the lay-ups right at him for more fouls.

Never give a very dangerous, but vulnerable to mistake/fouls guy like Howard a chance to beat you, take him out ASAP. Once you have him somewhat under control - even for 3 games, that's probably enough for the Cavs to get by.

coloradobuff
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
with big z back for sure..shaq pretty much a stiff thesedays anyway

drama1386
03-24-2010, 02:54 PM
with or without shaq, i think orlando can beat cleveland.

d-baller23
03-24-2010, 02:56 PM
No, the Cavs can't beat Orlando without Shaq, they can't beat them with Shaq or Big Z, Orlando is a better team than Cleveland. The only difference that Cavs have over Orlando is Ant-Jamison, He will take away our mismatch with Rashard, but its not too much of a difference. Dwight will be a beast, and Nelson is better than Williams. Lebron will do whatever he wants. Our bench is deeper.

JordansBulls
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
I guess the Cavs vs Magic is more of a bitter rivalry than Cavs vs Celtics.

bagwell368
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
I guess the Cavs vs Magic is more of a bitter rivalry than Cavs vs Celtics.

That's because the Celts don't have rivalries, they have underlings....

;)

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 03:34 PM

Everyone talks about Shaq's effect on the D, and obviously if he is available, in good shape, and goes hard on D, it will help - a lot.

But Shaq hurts the Cavs on offensive continuity - a lot. That has to be addressed.

20-24 minutes of Shaq max. Have him beat up Howard low, and look for fouls (not at the end in a close game however). He should not be in there when Howard isn't, not for a second.

The rest of the time I'm running his guy(s - change them around frequently) down court hard for transition points. On set plays whomever Howard is on, take him outside to 3 land. When Howard is inside run the lay-ups right at him for more fouls.

Never give a very dangerous, but vulnerable to mistake/fouls guy like Howard a chance to beat you, take him out ASAP. Once you have him somewhat under control - even for 3 games, that's probably enough for the Cavs to get by.

Exactly....Shaq is playing for sure...:pity: @ the people think that the injury is actually season ending. It isnt....it was supposed to keep him out only 5-6 weeks...they just wanna make sure is at FULL STRENGTH and has NO FATIGUE for the playoffs. Hell, I'd be surprised if they even play him over 20 mins per game in the first round.

Your ideas on how to take Howard out are all very good ideas. I think running more fast break as u said will tire out Dwight more as well. The way to beat Dwight is to make him beat his self by committing stupid fouls, and wearing him down/tiring him out.

Double_R
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Exactly....Shaq is playing for sure...:pity: @ the people think that the injury is actually season ending. It isnt....it was supposed to keep him out only 5-6 weeks...they just wanna make sure is at FULL STRENGTH and has NO FATIGUE for the playoffs. Hell, I'd be surprised if they even play him over 20 mins per game in the first round.

Your ideas on how to take Howard out are all very good ideas. I think running more fast break as u said will tire out Dwight more as well. The way to beat Dwight is to make him beat his self by committing stupid fouls, and wearing him down/tiring him out.

He runs the floor as good as any big in the NBA, once again Saddler is talking without seeing...

King Drew
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
of course we can beat orlando without shaq. jamison is enough help to fix all the mismatches we had last year. but shaq will return before the playoffs so it doesnt even matter

Raph12
03-24-2010, 04:21 PM

I agree with the Shaq part, they don't need him on offense and only need him for Dwight, period.

But having guys go straight at Dwight can hurt your chances better than help it. This season, Dwight has become a more disciplined blocker, he stays on the floor more times than not, with his hands straight up in the air. Now Lebron is Lebron, so he'll probably still get his calls, but if I know Dwight, which I do (seen every game he's played for 3 seasons now), he'll stay grounded and there will be a bunch of no calls that would frustrate the Cavs if they follow your gameplan. Shaq can try to get into his head and force him into a couple of fouls, but he's finding ways around it, getting his teammates to help him when he's picked up one early. And Dwight's a guy who loves to run the floor both ways, so I don't think you can tire him out, but getting to the basket before he can intercept would be a good way to score for Lebron.

It isn't as cut-and-dry as you make it sound, it will be a great long and intense series, I'll be looking forward to it.

cooters22
03-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Easily!

shep33
03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
They'll have a tough time with Shaq there, and without Shaq we've seen D12 dominate the Cavs last year in the playoffs. I think Cleveland could lose that series, definitely not impossible. Really Orlando should've beat em in 5 last year, so its not out of the question.

UofA
03-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes, Hedos gone so the Magic don't have that height advantage that they had last year, but it would be close as hell imo

cavs_23
03-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Listen, the Cavs will beat up the magic any day! All they need to do is make Z hit jumpers to draw Howard out of the paint, If Z doesn't hit it, you have AV and LeBron to get the board without Howard in there. Defensively, Howard might get it going, but if LeBron goes right at him on offense and gets him in foul trouble, he'll have to go off, and that's when the Cavs take Over, an eventually get that W!

JNA17
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Listen, the Cavs will beat up the magic any day! All they need to do is make Z hit jumpers to draw Howard out of the paint, If Z doesn't hit it, you have AV and LeBron to get the board without Howard in there. Defensively, Howard might get it going, but if LeBron goes right at him on offense and gets him in foul trouble, he'll have to go off, and that's when the Cavs take Over, an eventually get that W!

i see your new here, not a good start. :rolleyes:

RadiantShot
03-24-2010, 05:37 PM
I laugh at this thread. Simply laugh.

RadiantShot
03-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Yes, Hedos gone so the Magic don't have that height advantage that they had last year, but it would be close as hell imo

Vince > Hedo.

He's showed that, and now it's true.

It's the Cavs' time to see that in the Playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
i feel a sig bet coming on cause since summer, i said orlando is the best team in the east and i still believe that and that they will show that in the playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
03-24-2010, 05:45 PM
I laugh at this thread. Simply laugh.

x2 :clap:

dtmagnet
03-24-2010, 05:51 PM
I think it can go either way, but Orlando has way more weapons than Cleveland.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 05:55 PM
He runs the floor as good as any big in the NBA, once again Saddler is talking without seeing...

obviously he does...but if Cleveland speeds up tempo and keeps pushing....Dwight is obviously gonna get tired. I don't give a damn which C or PF it is, if you keep Runnin and Gunnin eventually they'll get tired...especially if they have Shaq/Varejao and the other bigs wearing him down on the defensive end...what, do you think he really is Superman and has unlimited stamina?

RadiantShot
03-24-2010, 05:58 PM
obviously he does...but if Cleveland speeds up tempo and keeps pushing....Dwight is obviously gonna get tired. I don't give a damn which C or PF it is, if you keep Runnin and Gunnin eventually they'll get tired...especially if they have Shaq/Varejao and the other bigs wearing him down on the defensive end

Do you watch Dwight? Dwight doesn't get tired fast, he doesn't slow down. He's the most athletic center in the NBA and is easily up there with Bron in terms of athleticism. Nobody's as good as Lebron, but Dwight's as close as it gets right now. Do you watch Magic games? It takes forever for Dwight to get tired. Scratch that. Dwight doesn't get tired. Also, think about what you just said, "If Cleveland keeps runnin' and gunnin' eventually they'll get tired." Why isn't it the same vice-versa? Cleveland isn't going to run the whole game either, so the statement has no relevance whatsoever.

MagicDojo
03-24-2010, 06:06 PM
What everyone keeps talking about is Stopping Dwight. That is not what matters for the Magic to win. The Magic defense is right now giving up the fewest points of anyone. The same problem as last year will happen to the Cavs. The Magic will clamp down on everyone and Lebron will be forced to play 1 on 5 to get points on the board. He will get exhausted around game 5 or 6. the Magic have a better defense and more offensive weapons, they will win the series if we meet again.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Do you watch Dwight? Dwight doesn't get tired fast, he doesn't slow down. He's the most athletic center in the NBA and is easily up there with Bron in terms of athleticism. Nobody's as good as Lebron, but Dwight's as close as it gets right now. Do you watch Magic games? It takes forever for Dwight to get tired. Scratch that. Dwight doesn't get tired. Also, think about what you just said, "If Cleveland keeps runnin' and gunnin' eventually they'll get tired." Why isn't it the same vice-versa? Cleveland isn't going to run the whole game either, so the statement has no relevance whatsoever.

obviously I watch Dwight...you don't understand what I'm saying...I said that for Cleveland to beat Orlando, they need Dwight to beat himself...by committing soft touch fouls as he's known for doing, and forcing turnovers and offensive fouls. And also if they wear him down with Shaq, Varejao, Z, etc. and play a faster tempo, it'll tire Dwight Howard. Obviously he's the most athleitc C in the league and all that **** i know that, I watch basketball...I'm just saying in order to beat the Magic, they need Dwight to beat himself, and wear him down. I know it's easier said than done but it's what the Cavs have to do...In the end, Dwight is a big. If bigs are battling down low, running back and forth, etc. eventually they'll get tired....no matter who it is. I'm not saying this is GONNA HAPPEN. I'm just saying this is what the Cavs need to do to win. That's my point.

LTS
03-24-2010, 11:23 PM
The way Magic is playing right now Cavs couldnt beat them with or without shaq

heathonater
03-24-2010, 11:27 PM
i dont think the cavs would beat the magic without shaq. the cavs would not have an answer for dwight howard. a big body like shaq will at least make dwight work harder for his points. big z will not contain dwight howard in the playoffs.

xBLAMEITON24x
03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
no they need shaq's big mouth and body to try and take dwight out of his game