PDA

View Full Version : Does Rose make his teammates worse?

Chronz
03-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Why is Salmons playing way better in Milwaukee? Whos to blame for his failure in Chicago, did he not get the ball enough as Rose became more of a focal point?

jimbobjarree
03-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I'd hire yourself some protection chronz

ManRam
03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
I'd hire yourself some protection chronz

Haha. True. I think Chronz can hold his own with anyone on this forum though...so I'm sure he can back this up with more than what he's throwing out there right now.

It could be true. Salmons was terrible in Chicago.

Toenail Clipper
03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Bulls Fans: No, Salmons is just intimidated by Rose.

jackdawson
03-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Chronz is right on this topic and he knows what he is talking about most of the time. So he wouldn't need any protection.

kozelkid
03-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Why is Salmons playing way better in Milwaukee? Whos to blame for his failure in Chicago, did he not get the ball enough as Rose became more of a focal point?

Umm, no...
First of all Salmons started off poor. The last month and a half or so, he was very good.
And how does that explain the fact that he played very well the second half of last season when he came to the Bulls.
Rose has nothing to do with it. Salmons shot wasn't falling and he was forced to play more minutes at a position he isn't as good at, sg.
Now I'm not saying Rose is a great creator. He isn't. He will never be as good as some of the elite pgs that many like to compare to such as Deron or Paul. However he is good and is capable of getting 8 apg or so.
It's pretty poor analysis on your part to single out ONE factor as to why Salmons played bad. There are many other. I expected better from you, Chronz.

IversonIsKrazy
03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
He was getting 18.7ppg for us last season, and even more in playoffs. Dude shot under 30% FG this season, he was a piece of poop, this thread is so terrible, Chronz, I will never understand u, u think so differently, and your ignorance always allows u to defend yourself with comments.

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Sayin he makes his teammates worse in general is a little harsh, but I agree he made Salmons worse. Salmons is a guy that you just give the ball to and let him do his thing, not a spot up shooter like Chicago made him. Rose is a guy that dominates the ball, and therefore Salmons was crap in Chicago. I do think that PGs like Rose that are strictly score first PGs and are #1 options will rarely/never win titles though...

and yea, prepare for the HUGE wave of angry Bulls fans.

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Umm, no...
First of all Salmons started off poor. The last month and a half or so, he was very good.
And how does that explain the fact that he played very well the second half of last season when he came to the Bulls.
Rose has nothing to do with it. Salmons shot wasn't falling and he was forced to play more minutes at a position he isn't as good at, sg.
Now I'm not saying Rose is a great creator. He isn't. He will never be as good as some of the elite pgs that many like to compare to such as Deron or Paul. However he is good and is capable of getting 8 apg or so.
It's pretty poor analysis on your part to single out ONE factor as to why Salmons played bad. There are many other. I expected better from you, Chronz.

He plays SG in Milwaukee too....Delfino plays the 3.

ManRam
03-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Jennings is probably my least favorite player in the NBA, I just can't stand the hype he gets/got.

But he is a better ball distributor and floor general than Rose. And let's not forget Ridnour.

I don't think Rose makes anyone worse per se, but I do think that some players do play better with different people...Salmons might just be an example. It isn't a slight to Rose...it's just how it is.

kozelkid
03-23-2010, 10:53 PM

Alright, I won't lie, I haven't exactly followed Mil.
I'll also say this, I think the biggest reason Salmons played poor when in the same lineup as Deng, was the lack of spacing. That obviously wasn't the case when Gordon was alongside, nor is that the case with Delfino. And arguably not the case when he was taken out of the starting lineup in Chicago and played more with Kirk and less with Deng. Honestly, I believe Deng hurt him the most if anyone. I mean, you look at Salmons' monthly splits, you see an awful December and November. By the end of December, he was put as sixth man, and started to own.

ChiSox219
03-23-2010, 10:54 PM

Slow start for Salmons, he couldn't knock down anything then shot better than 45% from behind the arc from Dec-Jan. Salmons played well last year with Rose and if you recall Hollinger was predicting a large drop in production from Salmons before the season started.

But you are on to something, Rose isn't good at running the fast break and shooting 20 footers all day isn't exactly the best team strategy even if he is really good at it.

kozelkid
03-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Sayin he makes his teammates in general is a little harsh, but I agree he made Salmons worse. Salmons is a guy that you just give the ball to and let him do his thing, not a spot up shooter like Chicago made him. Rose is a guy that dominates the ball, and therefore Salmons was crap in Chicago. I do think that PGs like Rose that are strictly score first PGs and are #1 options will rarely/never win titles though...

And yet Parker and Billups won 3 times in the past 20 years while pass first haven't won since Isiah. Just saying...
I just hate those kind of statements. Don't mean anything to me.

IRUAM #21
03-23-2010, 11:00 PM
No, Rose is the GOAT, he can't do anything wrong.

D Roses Bulls
03-23-2010, 11:02 PM

ok bulls fans, lets start the tar and feathering. :mad:

first of all, if you remember when salmons was traded to the bulls last year he played 26 games and started 21 and averaged 18.3 points a game. he averaged 12.7 while playing for the bulls this year and do you honestly believe it was cause of rose? salmons couldnt hit a open shot if his life depended on it. ask any fan who watched the bulls. he has had a resurgence since being traded to the bucks, but that isnt roses fault. what about everyone elses numbers for the bulls? noah has averaged a double double, dengs numbers are up now and has made a come back. look at the bulls when rose wasnt playing0-8 and now they have just won two strait since roses return. your kidding me right? this seems more like a baiting thread and should be closed. if people cant start threads to praise rose without them being shut down then we shouldnt have this thread up. all its gonna do is cause trouble.

DLeeicious
03-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Take yourselves outside of PSD land, actually watch Rose play and form an opinion about him. So many people on here clearly never watch the kid and just hate on him because there are so many Bulls fans on here. But as for the topic...

In my opinion Salmons struggles were almost entirely shooting related, Rose really didn't impact this. It's such a tiny sample size too. I mean who is to say player A made player B a better or worse player in half a season? Not enough PT together to say so.

Salmons seems to just revitalize himself when he switches mid season.

Edit: first paragraph isn't to OP but to NBA forum.

Chronz
03-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Umm, no...
So slow start is all? Definitely a possibility, what about Hinrich?

2 issues here, first that was when Rose WASNT dominating the offensive load the way he has been, second how much of a difference did the switch make that year. His PER was exactly the same as it was in Sactown, though Ill admit that it undersells his improvement as his per possession efficiency rose dramatically with only a smidget of his possession usage dipping.

Good point, in lineups where hes at the 3 hes much more effective than at the 2 in Milwaukee as well.

It wasnt an analysis as much as it was a question. To be honest I was going to title it why did Salmons suck in Chicago but I had a feeling this would generate more interest. I was shocked when I saw how quickly it happened though.

Draco
03-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Sayin he makes his teammates in general is a little harsh, but I agree he made Salmons worse. Salmons is a guy that you just give the ball to and let him do his thing, not a spot up shooter like Chicago made him. Rose is a guy that dominates the ball, and therefore Salmons was crap in Chicago. I do think that PGs like Rose that are strictly score first PGs and are #1 options will rarely/never win titles though...

I've prepared for a HUGE wave of clueless posters on both sides of the fence..

Chronz
03-23-2010, 11:08 PM
He was getting 18.7ppg for us last season, and even more in playoffs. Dude shot under 30% FG this season, he was a piece of poop, this thread is so terrible, Chronz, I will never understand u, u think so differently, and your ignorance always allows u to defend yourself with comments.

Ignorance allows defense? WTF

ChiSox219

You know how a couple years ago, data said Mo Williams was the best at making wide open jumpers? I bet you Hinrich is one of the worst.

avrpatsfan
Either we have a Rose loving forum or hating. I propose a ban on any forum about Rose!

D Roses Bulls
03-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Take yourselves outside of PSD land, actually watch Rose play and form an opinion about him. So many people on here clearly never watch the kid and just hate on him because there are so many Bulls fans on here. But as for the topic...

In my opinion Salmons struggles were almost entirely shooting related, Rose really didn't impact this. It's such a tiny sample size too. I mean who is to say player A made player B a better or worse player in half a season? Not enough PT together to say so.

couldnt of said it better myself right there. someone wanted to argue before in another thread the bulls were predicted to make the playoffs last season and when i asked him when where he got his info from cause everyone expert picked them to finish 10th, he said from people on psd. now how is the people that start threads a legit source and all a sudden experts now? seriously!

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
And yet Parker and Billups won 3 times in the past 20 years while pass first haven't won since Isiah. Just saying...

Chauncey and Parker are #1 options on their teams? No they arent...reread plz.

Chronz
03-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Its more about who the opposing team puts on him, I really dont watch the Bucks but in Chicago he was forced to play alongside Deng and always matched up at the 2 against 2's, though he did suck at the 3 as well so maybe Im talking out my *** but he always struck me as a guy who was better so long as he was allowed to spend adequate playing time at both spots, hes not a pure 2 or pure 3. Delfino has the versatility to play both spots so perhaps Salmons is benefiting.

Draco
03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
In my opinion Salmons struggles were almost entirely shooting related, Rose really didn't impact this.

Yeah.. is Jennings still in ROY discussions? If we're going to question Rose making Salmons worse then I suppose we're also suggesting that Jennings has made Salmons better.. or perhaps Bogut, and any other slew of teammates have an affect on how Salmons is playing. Are the Bucks a more balanced team than the Bulls?

Draco
03-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Either we have a Rose loving forum or hating. I propose a ban on any forum about Rose!

QFT.. that's PSD for you.

JordansBulls
03-23-2010, 11:18 PM

Salmons was good when he played at SF for us in Chicago. I just don't think he worked well with Deng on the floor. Last year Salmons worked well with Rose, but Deng wasn't around.

ShockerArt
03-23-2010, 11:21 PM

Yeah I don't think those were great examples.

The Pistons offense centered around Hamilton coming off screens. Billups/Sheed/Prince were secondary options, based on who had the mismatch. Chauncey became the #1 or #1a option at the end of games if they needed him to score.

Parker really wasn't/isn't a #1 option at all. That offense centers around Duncan. Parker and Ginobili are secondary to him.

abe_froman
03-23-2010, 11:26 PM

wait thats your logic??? i normally respect you and usually have something of substance(stats) to back up your argument....but this is definitely reaching

...but ok use it but explain the whole losing streak while he was out,only to win each game he's been back??...i guess you can ignore that

and my god,i get the rose hate and all but this kind of reaching for an argument really shows a desperation in it

Cool007
03-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Chronz, I am sorry but you are soooooooooooo wrong about this one.

First of all, if Rose made Salmons worse, then Rose made Gordon GOD when he was with Bulls right??? Coz right now Gordon is nothing but piece of garbage but playing next to Rose, he was really phenomenal last year.

THat is a so piss poor logic.

Salmons was bad to start the year coz he put too much pressure on himself and all the scoring responsibility came to him.

But he did settle down and have you seen how good he was before he got traded to bucks???? Go look it up. He just continued that in Milwaukee.

The only thing is that since he was shooting so poorly, Bulls benched him so he could find his rhythm back. Which he did but so did Hinrich and VInny didn't want to change anything that was working.

Also, if Rose made Salmons worse, then Rose made Hinrich/JJ/Gibson/Deng/Miller/Noah etc all BETTER than they were before him.

All you have to do is WATCH the games and do the eye test and you will have your answer.

This thread is almost like saying LeBron made Jamison worse on Cavs than the was with Wizards.

Nobody makes anybody any worse but themselves.

DLeeicious
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM

The Pistons offense centered around Hamilton coming off screens. Billups/Sheed/Prince were secondary options, based on who had the mismatch. Chauncey became the #1 or #1a option at the end of games if they needed him to score.

Parker really wasn't/isn't a #1 option at all. That offense centers around Duncan. Parker and Ginobili are secondary to him.

I'm sorry but a PG being the number 1 option = not a championship type team has absolutely zero logic whatsoever. They are such arbitrary things, please try and explain this logic and how it makes any sense whatsoever. Whether Parker or Billups are number 1 options or not, they still are score first point guards who recently won titles. The game is always evolving, the fact of the matter is historically players like Parker, Billups, Rose or whatever score first point guard (first option or not) you want to name have not won titles because they are a new breed of basketball player. The point guard position is not what it used to be and the "protypical" point guard of the 80's and 90's are few and far between these days.

Cool007
03-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Chronz, I am sorry but you are soooooooooooo wrong about this one.

First of all, if Rose made Salmons worse, then Rose made Gordon GOD when he was with Bulls right??? Coz right now Gordon is nothing but piece of garbage but playing next to Rose, he was really phenomenal last year.

THat is a so piss poor logic.

Salmons was bad to start the year coz he put too much pressure on himself and all the scoring responsibility came to him.

But he did settle down and have you seen how good he was before he got traded to bucks???? Go look it up. He just continued that in Milwaukee.

The only thing is that since he was shooting so poorly, Bulls benched him so he could find his rhythm back. Which he did but so did Hinrich and VInny didn't want to change anything that was working.

Also, if Rose made Salmons worse, then Rose made Hinrich/JJ/Gibson/Deng/Miller/Noah etc all BETTER than they were before him.

All you have to do is WATCH the games and do the eye test and you will have your answer.

This thread is almost like saying LeBron made Jamison worse on Cavs than the was with Wizards.

Nobody makes anybody any worse but themselves.

fairandbalanced
03-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Bulls fans always have a scapegoat when things go south, first it was Coach Skiles, then Nocioni, then Duhon, then Larry Hughes, then Ben Gordon, then Hinrich (miraculously he's still with team), then Salmons and Thomas, now they have their eyes set on Pargo. Shannon Brown is shinning with the Lakers, according to Bulls fans, he was a scrub.......they would shoot Coach Del Negro in the head if they can get away with it.

wileyisTOFU
03-23-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm sorry but a PG being the number 1 option = not a championship type team has absolutely zero logic whatsoever. They are such arbitrary things, please try and explain this logic and how it makes any sense whatsoever. Whether Parker or Billups are number 1 options or not, they still are score first point guards who recently won titles. The game is always evolving, the fact of the matter is historically players like Parker, Billups, Rose or whatever score first point guard (first option or not) you want to name have not won titles because they are a new breed of basketball player. The point guard position is not what it used to be and the "protypical" point guard of the 80's and 90's are few and far between these days.

Both Parker and Billups weren't the main scoring options on their respective teams, however since they changed the hand checking rule i don't see why a PG leading his team in scoring couldn't win with the right team around them.

Cool007
03-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Bulls fans always have a scapegoat when things go south, first it was Coach Skiles, then Nocioni, then Duhon, then Larry Hughes, then Ben Gordon, then Hinrich (miraculously he's still with team), then Salmons, now they have their eyes set on Pargo. Shannon Brown is shinning with the Lakers, according to Bulls fans, he was a scrub.

Where are you getting that from??? You just took that from probably 1 or 2 posters here and there and not the majority.

Skiles let HIMSELF go and yes, his welcome was over and usually it does run out after 3-4 years. Give him a year or 2 more and he would be out of Milwaukee as well.

Nocioni became a CHUCKER - go ask Kings fans and they will tell you. Why he should be off the NBA unless he is on a Contending team.

Duhon - go ask Knicks fans as well how pathetic he is and Bulls didn't want to pay big dough to a backup PG.

Larry Hughes - Do I really have to explain???

GOrdon - We never wanted him to go, it's that HUGE contract that he wanted. Bulls made a good offer to him and he didn't accept but he got bigger payday from Pistons and most fans agree that he is overpaid.

Salmons? Since when BUlls fans wanted him gone??? The only reason we had to coz of his opt-in clause which would screw our big free agency this summer and a chance at LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Amare/Boozer etc player.

Pargo - Do I have to explain this one too???

really. please get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

DLeeicious
03-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Bulls fans always have a scapegoat when things go south, first it was Coach Skiles, then Nocioni, then Duhon, then Larry Hughes, then Ben Gordon, then Hinrich (miraculously he's still with team), then Salmons and Thomas, now they have their eyes set on Pargo. Shannon Brown is shinning with the Lakers, according to Bulls fans, he was a scrub.......they would shoot Coach Del Negro in the head if they can get away with it.

By always having a scapegoat do you mean always having a player on the team who we don't want on the team? Yeah that is definitely unique to Bulls fans.

kozelkid
03-23-2010, 11:44 PM

Funny thing is both played much better when they were switched. Honestly I don't what the biggest factor was. Everything starting going well by the end of the December. Rose went on his huge run, Hinrich and Salmons were switched and in effect every player did well and Bulls had one of the best records in the East during that time span til injuries hit. Hard to pin point what exactly happened.

2 issues here, first that was when Rose WASNT dominating the offensive load the way he has been, second how much of a difference did the switch make that year. His PER was exactly the same as it was in Sactown, though Ill admit that it undersells his improvement as his per possession efficiency rose dramatically with only a smidget of his possession usage dipping.

Rose didn't hurt Salmons in anyway though. Overall, I'm simply saying I don't see much of a positive or negative effect while playing with Rose. I'll say this though, Salmons is an iso type player, so really, he won't play as well with ball dominant players. I don't think Chris Paul would make him much better either for that matter. Which falls on management for not putting more players that would flow better with Rose, basically shooters. Which was why I hated when Bulls let Gordon go.

It wasnt an analysis as much as it was a question. To be honest I was going to title it why did Salmons suck in Chicago but I had a feeling this would generate more interest. I was shocked when I saw how quickly it happened though.
Fair enough. Like I said though, Bulls overall (except for Noah and Deng and maybe Taj) sucked hard til the end of December.

kozelkid
03-23-2010, 11:46 PM

Chauncey absolutely was. Parker maybe wasn't, but I'd argue he shared the role as 1st option. He might not have been best player, but I'd argue he shared an equal offensive role as either Manu or Duncan. So obviously Rose alone won't lead a team to a championsip. Hell Lebron has shown he couldn't. Rose will need an equally good offensive teammate as well, like a Bosh or Amare preferably.

Cool007
03-23-2010, 11:51 PM
If anything this proves that why Rose makes everyone better.

Rose was not himself and playing hurt and he was being extra passive and not agressive - meaning everything fell on Hinrich and Salmons to score more and more and they really failed.

Since December, Rose started getting healthy and started going off and playing superb and everyone started playing well WITH him.

Why is that??? It is because Rose getting healthy and taking over the team really eased up the pressure that Hinrich and Salmons had and they could just concentrate on their things and now worry about carrying the team coz Rose took care of it.

Bulls started winning again and everything was going great. Salmons got traded and he CONTINUED there and then Bulls got hit with injuries and played like crap.

Now Rose is back and everything is back to great again.

So if anything Rose playing well has a GREAT effect on the team.

PLAYERS FAN
03-23-2010, 11:56 PM

1x

kozelkid
03-23-2010, 11:58 PM
By always having a scapegoat do you mean always having a player on the team who we don't want on the team? Yeah that is definitely unique to Bulls fans.

:laugh2:
Apparently, you aren't supposed to point out the players that suck... You gotta blame the players that do well :rolleyes:

Bullsfan22
03-24-2010, 12:18 AM

This pretty much says it all. I know chronz didn't have any personal agenda with this thread but he did play very well with the bulls last season down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Salmons is a talented iso player and it just so happens he started the season off bad this year. It could be combination of Gordon not being here to space the floor more or deng and salmons just not being a good fit on the court together.

You can't just put it on Derrick, we know he's not the best distributor but to say that he's the sole reason is a little off.

Because caron and lamar didn't work in Miami or LA, that doesn't mean kobe or wade makes his teammates worse.

Oh well though, The haters will fall in love with this Idea but I'm pretty sure the majority of the good basketball minds won't. More people should visit the Bulls forum and you'll understand us a little more..

Raph12
03-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Three reasons why his stats may be a bit skewed in Chicago and look better in Milwaukee:

1. He was out of position in Chitown, traditionally a 3 not 2.

2. He played better and better progressively, as he continued to mesh with his teammates.

3. He's allowed more freedom in Milwaukee to do what he wants with the ball.

RaptorizedKevin
03-24-2010, 12:27 AM
i love it how bulls fans fight back even when theyre wronge. but some very solid points were said.

ldc62
03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Bulls were on a huge losing streak when Rose was out and coaching has something to do with Salmons recent success. Rose does not make his teammate worse.

Afridi786
03-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Better coaching, more offense being run thru him, he's basically the no.2 option on that team after Bogut.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 01:21 AM

That's my point. I'm saying that Billups and Parker can't be compared to Rose because they aren't primary scoring options like Rose is.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Chauncey absolutely was. Parker maybe wasn't, but I'd argue he shared the role as 1st option. He might not have been best player, but I'd argue he shared an equal offensive role as either Manu or Duncan. So obviously Rose alone won't lead a team to a championsip. Hell Lebron has shown he couldn't. Rose will need an equally good offensive teammate as well, like a Bosh or Amare preferably.

Chauncey probably was, but its very arguable...everyone got a balanced amount of shots except Ben. Rip, Chauncey, Sheed, and even Tayshaun got his looks...the difference is that Rose dominates the ball whereas, Chauncey split shots with all those other guys and never dominated the ball. And yea Rose will need a teammate, but the fact is still that Rose is one of those guys that needs to dominate the ball to be effective, unlike Chauncey who can spot up.

Stunner
03-24-2010, 01:29 AM
I doesnt matter now Salmons is really the number 2 option in Mil after Bogut and BJ fell off alot since his 55 points. Salmons wasnt knocking down shots early on in the season and we wanted him gone. This isnt anything new with players playing bad at the start of the season and play good somewhere else. This goes and saying as well Salmons wants to play good in Mil so he can hit free agency this season which has been rumored he will do. Last year when Salmons was here there was no Deng, this year Deng and Salmons points drop cuz he was playing the 2 and which is not is spot. In Mil Delfino and Salmons can switch the SG and SF spot at anytime in Chicago u cant with Salmons and Deng, Sal would have to play the SG most of the time. Rose didnt make Salmons worse he jus wanted to score more points on another team so he can look like a good player for free agency thats what i think. But yeah Rose making him worse yeahhhhhhhhh not buying it.

JiffyMix88
03-24-2010, 01:32 AM
he played well with rose last season he just wasnt knocking down shots earlier in the year

D Roses Bulls
03-24-2010, 01:34 AM
why is this thread still open? if this was a rose is gonna be the best pg thread or something positive about rose it would of been closed by now. seems way more like a bait thread to me.

Draco
03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
but the fact is still that Rose is one of those guys that needs to dominate the ball to be effective, unlike Chauncey who can spot up.

Dominate the ball in what way? His usage % last season is lower than Billups' usage % this season. The only fact we have here is that Ben Gordon, last years leading scorer for the Bulls is gone for this season. This means it was highly predictable for Rose's usage % to go way up and that he would become the primary scoring option.

I do think that PGs like Rose that are strictly score first PGs and are #1 options will rarely/never win titles though...

Right well.. you have two seasons to look at. Year 1, he wasn't the primary option. Year 2, he was the primary option. While you're pegging Rose to be a certain type of player, I think it's more appropriate to suggest that Rose is doing what's asked of him.

Peppers90
03-24-2010, 01:43 AM
No offense, But who is Rose supposed to pass to? His assist stats are off because we dont have a real spot up shooter (maybe deng, when he wants to be) but for the most part, isnt the rule that when the ball hits the ground, the assist is gone? Watch a Bulls game, see how often Rose finds an open man, and see how often the blow the assist.

He has to be that guy for us to win games, cause no one else has proven they can or want to be that guy.

Hopefully Summer 2010 changes that and gives us someone who can hit big shot after big shot.

D1JM
03-24-2010, 01:47 AM

Its the coach. The bulls dont run plays they just go on the offensive hoping someone scores by a jumpshot.

sugarrayray
03-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Umm, no...

Just want to point out that Salmons is pretty much strictly playing 2 guard position for the Bucks as well.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Dominate the ball in what way? His usage % last season is lower than Billups' usage % this season. The only fact we have here is that Ben Gordon, last years leading scorer for the Bulls is gone for this season. This means it was highly predictable for Rose's usage % to go way up and that he would become the primary scoring option.

Right well.. you have two seasons to look at. Year 1, he wasn't the primary option. Year 2, he was the primary option. While you're pegging Rose to be a certain type of player, I think it's more appropriate to suggest that Rose is doing what's asked of him.

Well I have proof from other players like AI, Baron, Steve Francis, Mike Bibby...need I say more?

Draco
03-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Well I have proof from other players like AI, Baron, Steve Francis, Mike Bibby...need I say more?

Huh?.. let me translate, Eh?

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Huh?.. let me translate, Eh?

:confused:

is that a failed attempt at a Canada joke?

Red222
03-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Man no offense but you gotta be ******** to not see that Rose slows ball movement and his assist ratio is pretty bad for a point guard.

no he doesnt please watch the games

Draco
03-24-2010, 03:17 AM
:confused:

is that a failed attempt at a Canada joke?

Apparently it was a failed attempt at getting you to explain what AI, Baron, Steve Francis, Mike Bibby has to do with Rose showing a willingness to be a secondary scoring option in year 1 out of a 2 year sample. But hey.. I tried to translate.

Draco
03-24-2010, 03:20 AM
For those who enjoy their stats.. where can an assist ratio ranking list be found?

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 03:21 AM
Apparently it was a failed attempt at getting you to explain what AI, Baron, Steve Francis, Mike Bibby has to do with Rose showing a willingness to be a secondary scoring option in year 1 out of a 2 year sample. But hey.. I tried to translate.

Those are my examples of ball dominating, score first PGs that have had good regular season success in their primes, but have failed to carry their teams to a title. It may be early to say that about Rose, but for now it is what it is unless things change in the future.

Cunanan
03-24-2010, 03:37 AM
lets not forget that the Bucks have something us Bulls dont have.....a major scoring presence down low....Bogut demands attention down low which doesnt allow defenders to collapse on Salmons, freeing up his jumper....

Draco
03-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Those are my examples of ball dominating, score first PGs that have had good regular season success in their primes, but have failed to carry their teams to a title. It may be early to say that about Rose, but for now it is what it is unless things change in the future.

Describing Iverson and Bibby as similar players in that they dominate the ball and score first is too vague to be meaningful.. there's a huge difference in their numbers. If you consider Rose to a be a player that's not going to have assist totals that jump off the stat sheet then consider that Kidd and Nash have had 'good regular season success, but failed to carry their teams to a title'. And yes, 2 years is way too small a sample, especially for PGs. And especially since you brought up Billups' in a previous post...

heathonater
03-24-2010, 04:04 AM
honestly, rose doesnt deserve the ***** he gets just because a role player is doing well in milauwkee. i would love to have a talent like rose on my team, and he makes everyone better on his team. if i were a bulls fan, i would be excstatic that a pg like rose will lead the team for a decade.

NJrockPD
03-24-2010, 04:12 AM
NEW THREAD: Does Rose make his teammates better?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is Ben Gordon playing way worse in Detroit? Whos to credit for his sucess in Chicago, did he do too well as Rose became more of a focal point?

My point is why make a stupid thread like this, different people play better in different situations. Obviously the Bucks have been a better fit for Salmons just as Detroit isn't as good for Ben Gordon. The common denominator here is the Bulls so you could really substitute Rose's name with any of the players on the roster.

Or I could blow your mind, maybe Ben Gordon made Salmons better and once he left Salmons **** the bed.

Maybe Salmons made Gordon better and once Ben left he started to suck.

Maybe they both love Aaron "White Panther" Gray and his lack of minutes broke their hearts and effected their play.

We can go on like this for days, but I'm going to stop because this thread is stupid.

D Roses Bulls
03-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Man no offense but you gotta be ******** to not see that Rose slows ball movement and his assist ratio is pretty bad for a point guard.

you wanna sound like you know what your talkin bout but how many games have you seen? rose doesnt have shooters to pass the ball too. his best big man presence in noah has been injured. what more do you want out of him? he plays, the bulls win. please dont comment on things you have no idea about

Bashna
03-24-2010, 04:53 AM
I'll admit, Rose has had a tough season, dealing with his own injuries, his teams injuries and such...But he's definitely not the best facilitator, and doesn't run the fast break well (Team/passing wise, he's a 1man fast break on his own.)

But correlation does not always imply causation. I.E. Just because rose isn't a good facilitator doesn't mean he is the reason for Salmons short comings in Chi town.

HOWEVER, i DO think that the way the offense is ran in Chi town did alienate Salmons, which isn't directly Roses fault, only to an extent.

nico916
03-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Well I think Rose is a Great individual talent but he doesn't make any of his teammates better. He's a scorer and he puts too much on his shoulders he needs to see what his teammates strength and weaknesses are and make do with what he has. Injuries really ain't much of an excuse look at Portland and the way Roy handles his team. Their record plus all the injuries they have speaks volume about what Roy has been able to do. Rose needs more time, this is only his second year in the league and he only had one year of college. Lets wait till his fourth year and then lets talk about how good he makes his team.
Ps. don't bash I watch quite a few Chicago games when I can and like I said he does way too much you guys may not have 3 point shooters but you can still pick and pop short mid range jump shots and Rose can really work with Hakeem. There's plenty of ways to use Rose without the ball too.

magichatnumber9
03-24-2010, 07:26 AM
I don't blame Rose I blame Vinny! Lets face it you have to make adjustments as a coach to put your personnel in a position to be successful. This is more of a hypothesis then anything.

kozelkid
03-24-2010, 07:39 AM

Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Dwyane Wade (in fact Rose is usually compared to Wade).
And your comparisons especially don't hold water when you use STATISTICS to compare the 2. Such as the fact that Rose's ts% the past few months as been much better than any of the players you mentioned, and more like the players I mentioned.

ChaseMe
03-24-2010, 08:05 AM
There's many other things that limit a players potential, Rose defintely took some possessions away but it was also style of play plus coaching, there wasn't a lot of plays ran through salmons and he also came off the bench. As seen in Sacramento and Milwaukee Salmons played A LOT better as a starter.

Iodine
03-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Chronz, I will never understand u, u think so differently, and your ignorance always allows u to defend yourself with comments.

I need to read through the thread but this post should be a sig somewhere

Kyben36
03-24-2010, 08:19 AM

there are 2 reasons that Salmons failed in chicago

1) we forced him to play out of possision, he is a SF, and not athletic enough to play SG.
2) he was limited minutes wise, because Luol Deng was healthy then

If you remember correctly, there was no problem with him in the playoffs last year, in fact, he was rather good in the playoffs with rose. rose doesnt make his teamates worse, His teamates ( especaily the SGs who cant shoot over 40%, make him worese assist wise.

Chi City23
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Well I think Rose is a Great individual talent but he doesn't make any of his teammates better. He's a scorer and he puts too much on his shoulders he needs to see what his teammates strength and weaknesses are and make do with what he has. Injuries really ain't much of an excuse look at Portland and the way Roy handles his team. Their record plus all the injuries they have speaks volume about what Roy has been able to do. Rose needs more time, this is only his second year in the league and he only had one year of college. Lets wait till his fourth year and then lets talk about how good he makes his team.
Ps. don't bash I watch quite a few Chicago games when I can and like I said he does way too much you guys may not have 3 point shooters but you can still pick and pop short mid range jump shots and Rose can really work with Hakeem. There's plenty of ways to use Rose without the ball too.

Obviously you don't watch many Bulls games because you would know our weakness is no inside presence and we're a bad jumpshooting team so Rose does what he does because of necessity. We lack scorers and that's what he's best at. Also injuries are an excuse when your 3 best players are involved. Take out LA and see how many games Roy will win?! And also you say he can work with Hakeem but those two have barely practiced together.

Now onto the Salmons topic.. My reason why he is doing better, cuz he's shooting much much better than he was beginning of the year + Scott Skiles. He's a hell of a coach that knows how to utilize his players strengths. Also Deng hurt Salmons not Rose.

People seem to hate when Bulls fans post Rose threads that praise him so why make a hate on Rose thread? Its called baiting or you're just a hypocrite..

Stunner
03-24-2010, 09:30 AM

Rose isnt a score first guard he is a pass first guard. He was asked to score more but he rather gets his teamates into the game. Do research about the guy from way back and u will see what i mean. All Rose has to do his win, if he can depend on his teammates he will allow them to win the game for him and wont score any points but when he has to takeover he will do that cuz he can at any time and nobody can stop him. Rose is one of the rare PG who is great at scoring but rather pass the ball first. He has been asked to score more and thats what he is doing this season.

mikantsass
03-24-2010, 09:32 AM

Havent you heard, Rose is the only player in the history of the league that will win MVP, OPOY, DPOY and MIP in the SAME SEASON!!!!! GO BULLS!!!!!!! Rose is top 2

monty77
03-24-2010, 09:41 AM
what about gordon? he is better in pinstons???

Cool007
03-24-2010, 10:00 AM

I am sorry but you DO NOT watch bulls games and it CLEARLY shows in your post.

Rose does not make his teammates better??? How do you expect Noah/Deng having MUCH BETTER seasons than previous years???

You said injuries isn't an excuse??? then you give example of Blazers - that is LOADED with talent.

Do you know we were missing our 3 BEST players (it's like blazers missing Roy/Aldridge/Miller) Do you think Blazers would still be that good???

Or when Roy came back and if they were missing both Aldridge and Miller, would they still be that good??? Not to mention they still have Rudy/Bayless/Batum/Webster/etc who are much better tahn Pargo/Murray/Law etc.

So really. you are talking out of your rear now.

nekosquare
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
haven't read through this entire post, but I personally think Salmons struggles were the result of VDN's offense. All we run is Pick and Roll! The entire offense is based off DR and the 5 setting a pick and roll at the top of the key. Skiles offense is vastly superior. It involves cuts and picks off the ball. Salmons is much better in an offense like Skiles'. He's rolling off screens catching the ball with some space and creating/shooting.

Remember Deng in Skiles' offense? or Gordon (who played the 2)? Sometimes players work in certain systems. Our system is designed to make Rose better... not Salmons.

Cool007
03-24-2010, 10:26 AM
I'll admit, Rose has had a tough season, dealing with his own injuries, his teams injuries and such...But he's definitely not the best facilitator, and doesn't run the fast break well (Team/passing wise, he's a 1man fast break on his own.)

Another person talking out of his ***.

Yes, Rose's 1st month plus where he had a slow start coz of injury hurt his overall stats (but I will still take Rose's 20/6/4 as a tough season any time).

How is Rose not a good facilitator??? How does Rose not run the fast break well???

If he doesn't then neither does CP3/LeBron/etc as well.

bullskinfan1
03-24-2010, 10:54 AM
have read some but not all of this thread and this is my take on Rose.

I believe that Rose is a score first PG only because he has to be on this team. I believe at the start of the season when he was hobbled and tried to distribute more, we weren't doing as well. If you guys remember back to when the Lakers played the Bulls earlier in the year, Kobe specifically stated that Rose needs to simply "just do it" or take over in whatever aspect is necessary. Rose was reluctant to do so because he likes to get his teammates involved more than he likes to shoulder the scoring load. However, due to the lack of offensive prowess that the Bulls have on the team, he had to adjust

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...ust-do-it.html

Last season, Rose had a great shooter and #1 scoring option in Ben Gordon so he could create and dish it out to Gordon. This year he did not have that luxury bc KH is inconsistent and salmons is more of a slasher than a shooter. Thus, I believe Rose will adapt to the weapons he has around him. Having a power forward that can score like a bosh or Amare, or a shooting guard like Joe Johnson would benefit him bc he won't hav to be the #1 option and can create for others as he likes to do.

As far as him being a teammate, we have seen Gordon production go down significantly since he left. Gibson, Deng, Noah, and even KH, have either increased their production since the start of the year or tallied better statistics than the previous yr. Warrick and Flip Murray have increased their production than they had with their previous teams. Salmons, once his role was defined, began to play better as well. Hence, Rose has made his teammates better and has only become a score first guard because it is what the team needed. Once we surorund him with some shooters and inside scoring next year, we will see a more complete Rose because he has learned how to take over and score as well as create shots for others.

ricos
03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm pretty sure the stated goal of the Bulls at the beginning of the season wasn't to make John Salmons a better player. Rose was unselfish, too much so and was told (rightfully so) to be more aggressive offensively. If that hurt John Salmons stats who gives a ****. The goal is to win games and eventually put together a championship contending team. With BG gone Rose has picked up the slack and taken more shots because well you know he's the Bulls best player and all. The Bulls only "went south" like another poster said because Rose, Noah and Deng were out. Before that and after the trades they were playing well. Salmons was a fill in guy until this summer anyways. He's not a key piece for anybody. He has more freedom in Milwaukee and is scoring more...well huzzah for him. Rose is a smart player, when he gets more offensive weapons around him he will use them.

D1JM
03-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Havent you heard, Rose is the only player in the history of the league that will win MVP, OPOY, DPOY and MIP in the SAME SEASON!!!!! GO BULLS!!!!!!! Rose is top 2

you forgot COY too :facepalm:

bigsams50
03-24-2010, 11:53 AM

And the Sportsmanship Award

Stunner
03-24-2010, 11:58 AM

And the NBA cares award lol

ricos
03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
oh and as long as we are spewing silly cliche's like "makes his teammates better" take a look at some classic "makes his teammates better" guys like Stockton Nash, Kidd etc... count how many rings they have. To many to count right? Good players make their teammates better by drawing defensive attention and getting them open shots. The Bulls lack a consistent shooter (Salmons wasn't it either) and an inside presence. Their problem is not because Rose isn't making role players all-stars much less very good players. No one can do that. And as for the guy that said the Bulls were scapegoating Salmons, that's goofy. They traded him to clear cap space, not because he was the goat.

The Prodigy
03-24-2010, 12:01 PM

Those 2 aren't first options though. With Parker he was the second option behind Timmy and really just given FMVP for the heck of it(even though he did play great). And with Billups he was on a team where any player could've been the first option. There really wasn't a first option on that Pistons Team.

drama1386
03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I would have to say that rose does not make his teammates worse. he is a phenomonal PG and if anything, he makes his teammates better. the reason that salmons is so much better in milwaukee than chicago is because of coaching & the way the bulls used him. the bulls used him as a spot up shooter, which he is not. when he came to the bucks, skiles allowed him much more offensive freedom and lets him do what he does, which is the reason he's averaging 20ppg with the bucks. vinny is not a good coach and did not utilize salmons as effective as skiles has.

so in a nutshell, rose does not make his teammates worse. in this situation, i've gotta put the blame on the coaching.

D1JM
03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
And the NBA cares award lol

whaat about the sixth man award, we cant forget that one.

sep11ie
03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Shoot, I bet he wins the MLB and NFL MVPs too

path2zion
03-24-2010, 12:40 PM
very simple answer, Vinny del Negro. man i wish we still had skiles.... :'(

mikantsass
03-24-2010, 01:05 PM

True, my bad

Rose doesnt need a coach, he is god

whaat about the sixth man award, we cant forget that one.

no, Rose is a 1 man team. He will be playing the entire game by himself. He should get the awesomeness award though

bodupp311
03-24-2010, 01:13 PM
:cool:
Havent you heard, Rose is the only player in the history of the league that will win MVP, OPOY, DPOY and MIP in the SAME SEASON!!!!! GO BULLS!!!!!!! Rose is top 2 you're a damn idiot. Why is it EVERY SINGLE DROSE THREAD, shocker here you are with your killer awesome sarcasm that noone cares about. IF I throw a stick will you leave?

flea
03-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Another person talking out of his ***.

Yes, Rose's 1st month plus where he had a slow start coz of injury hurt his overall stats (but I will still take Rose's 20/6/4 as a tough season any time).

How is Rose not a good facilitator??? How does Rose not run the fast break well???

If he doesn't then neither does CP3/LeBron/etc as well.

If Derrick Rose doesn't do it then nobody else can. Rose is the epitome of ability on the basketball court. In fact, just the other day Bulls fans were talking about his defense so it must be excellent as well. He's the next Dwyane Wade with Steve Nash passing skills mixed with Ron Artest gritty defense and a little bit of Ray Allen shooting stroke (hey, the guy did make more than 5 3-pointers in the last week).

Tony_Starks
I don't think you can hang Salmons poor play on D Rose that had more to do with Gordon leaving. Last year Salmons role was just flat out scorer then when Ben left they expected him to be the spot up shooter Ben was... not gonna happen.

Also before Noah went down the Bulls were doing pretty good....

Super.
:cool: you're a damn idiot. Why is it EVERY SINGLE DROSE THREAD, shocker here you are with your killer awesome sarcasm that noone cares about. IF I throw a stick will you leave?

Maybe its because the entirety of the forum outside of the Bulls fanbase HATES Rose? Or the fact that Bulls fans overrate him to no extent.

Oh, and the fact that most people are sick and tired of Rose threads. I sware that's all you guys can talk about. Step up off his jockstrap

avon_barksdale
03-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I been on this here site for a month now. This be like the 10th DRose thing ive seen yall luv this ni99a man. get off his jock let him play. stop putting him next to bronbron and melo n them

Draco
03-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Maybe its because the entirety of the forum outside of the Bulls fanbase HATES Rose? Or the fact that Bulls fans overrate him to no extent.

Oh, and the fact that most people are sick and tired of Rose threads. I sware that's all you guys can talk about. Step up off his jockstrap

I don't see anyone overrating Rose in a thread created by a Clipper fan.

DaBUU
03-24-2010, 01:23 PM

I usually respect your opinion, even though i dont agree all the time, but you know this is baiting. You know better than that.

DaBUU
03-24-2010, 01:24 PM
If Derrick Rose doesn't do it then nobody else can. Rose is the epitome of ability on the basketball court. In fact, just the other day Bulls fans were talking about his defense so it must be excellent as well. He's the next Dwyane Wade with Steve Nash passing skills mixed with Ron Artest gritty defense and a little bit of Ray Allen shooting stroke (hey, the guy did make more than 5 3-pointers in the last week).

I dont usually call names on this board, but your a Douchebag

Draco
03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
I been on this here site for a month now. This be like the 10th DRose thing ive seen yall luv this ni99a man. get off his jock let him play. stop putting him next to bronbron and melo n them

This be like the umpteenth post someone making up a bunch of crap and derailing the thread (not that it was productive at the start)

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM
if derrick rose doesn't do it then nobody else can. Rose is the epitome of ability on the basketball court. In fact, just the other day bulls fans were talking about his defense so it must be excellent as well. He's the next dwyane wade with steve nash passing skills mixed with ron artest gritty defense and a little bit of ray allen shooting stroke (hey, the guy did make more than 5 3-pointers in the last week).

+1

Stunner
03-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Jus leave the guy alone, let his play do the talking. This season Rose has been playing like a Top 10 or even 6 PG this season. Some people give him his due some dont. It doesnt matter if people like the type of player he is and might become. Yeah people overrate him some underrate him, but who gives a F what people think i will take what any NBA player or coach says about him over anything a Forum poster says. Rose is playing like a beast right now and if u cant see that than u are not hating but wont give credit when its due cuz of what team he plays for or because what other people talking about. Everybody get off his jock i dont care if u are on his side or not. He must be good if u take the time outta your day to say good and bad things about him. U must be thinking about him.

avon_barksdale
03-24-2010, 01:38 PM
This be like the umpteenth post someone making up a bunch of crap and derailing the thread (not that it was productive at the start)

How i be making **** up? everyday there be a new talk about drose this drose that. he in the top5 in the league. he the best pg ever. he got a 15inch dick. cmon man. anybody on this here site knows this. yall luv this ni99a and you cant let him just play.

Stunner
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
How i be making **** up? everyday there be a new talk about drose this drose that. he in the top5 in the league. he the best pg ever. he got a 15inch dick. cmon man. anybody on this here site knows this. yall luv this ni99a and you cant let him just play.

Real Bulls fans knw he not Top 5, Best PG ever. Real smart forum posters like yourself would be intelligent enough to reliaze when someone is jus posting D-Rose threads and dont have enough post under their belt jus wanna see a fight started cuz thet knw nobody likes Derrick Rose. Plus people talking about a lot a players can be said about Lebron, and Kobe we knw they are good do we have to keep talking about em jus let they play do the talking. The point is this is an NBA forum were we talk about NBA players nobody who they are. But yeah Rose is a good player in this league its said people dont like him cuz he plays for the Bulls and dumb people put up threads to make him look like a god.

Sox72
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM

rose has a 15 inch dick? it makes it even more incredible how good he is considering he has to run around with that thing.

Chi City23
03-24-2010, 01:46 PM

Are you serious?? Did you even look to see who created this stupid *** thread?? It wasn't a Bulls fan praising Rose and calling him God! If someone wants to start a thread like this it's for baiting.

Draco
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM

I missed the Lebron and Melo comparisons and also where this thread, being the '10th Drose thing' you've seen, had something to do with Bulls fans luving this ni99a other than simply pointing out that the OPs question came from a flawed assumption.

Sox72
03-24-2010, 01:51 PM

Ah, a man fond of education......

DaBUU
03-24-2010, 01:52 PM
+1

Douchebag +1

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Bait thread For Sho!

ATX
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
rose has a 15 inch dick? it makes it even more incredible how good he is considering he has to run around with that thing.

ATX
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Douchebag +1

"If Derrick Rose doesn't do it then nobady else can"

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Yea his Big Dick stands on the side lines and he calls it VDN.

Wilson
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
OK, since this has just descended into sarcasm and name calling, I'm going to shut it down.