PDA

View Full Version : Melo to the Knicks is 2011?

shep33
03-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Could they actually be looking at him for 2011 if say no big name guys sign there this year? I just don't think he should leave Denver, that city almost seems to good for him to leave. But i'm betting if its not Denver, he'll be looking at NYC, cause they'll throw that money at him and give him the whole global icon status, plus he went to school at the Cuse for a year. What would really be interesting is how the Knicks handle this offseason.

If you were the Knicks, would you try all out to get Joe Johnson or would you wait the extra year and go after Melo? But hypothetically would it be better try and get JJ now, as opposed to trying to get Melo next year?

IRUAM #21
03-23-2010, 09:18 PM
No

Iodine
03-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I am now going to eat my dick out of anger...

Go_NUGGETS
Lol.

IRUAM #21
I was going to get really angry at this thread until I saw it was Iodine.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-23-2010, 09:21 PM

Have fun.

Iodine
03-23-2010, 09:24 PM
I was going to get really angry at this thread until I saw it was Iodine.

Iodine: Nice save
Iruam:No save, completely intentional
Iodine: Just like len bias overdosing

Toenail Clipper
03-23-2010, 10:46 PM
YEAH! Every freakin' NBA player, let's all go to the Knicks! WOOHOOO!

R_O_W_E
03-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Melo wont go to the Knicks. If anything Melo would come and play for the Wizards(hes from Baltimore).

avrpatsfan
03-23-2010, 10:53 PM
No No No No No No. He is happy with the Nuggets and they are winning. Who would want to go the the knicks anyways?

ChiSox219
03-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Denver seems like the perfect place for Melo but I don't think it's out of the question for the Knicks to land Melo if they come up short this offseason. Even if they do make noise, with Eddy Curry's contract expiring and a couple of maneuvers they could sign a max guy, re-sign lee, and then pickup Melo in 2011.

TD
JJ
Melo
Gallinari
Lee

I could dig that

Diewitdaknicks
03-23-2010, 11:01 PM
YEAH! Every freakin' NBA player, let's all go to the Knicks! WOOHOOO!

Hmmm that's an idea

yanks08
03-23-2010, 11:02 PM
No No No No No No. He is happy with the Nuggets and they are winning. Who would want to go the the knicks anyways?

so I suppose a few years ago you were winning..........................thats why all of a sudden you had players wanting to come?

Boston fans with their memories...........................:facepalm:

SluggeR
03-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Two more years of kobe keeping him from a ring should do the job. NYK, get ready!!!!!!!!!

JnasD
03-23-2010, 11:08 PM

Very funny lol. How long will the big 3 be good?

TheFuture6
03-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Overpay JJ.

jackdawson
03-23-2010, 11:24 PM
yup! Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Amare this year. Next year Melo.

MaHaRaJaH
03-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Why do people respond like this?

Yankee Lifer
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Could they actually be looking at him for 2011 if say no big name guys sign there this year? I just don't think he should leave Denver, that city almost seems to good for him to leave. But i'm betting if its not Denver, he'll be looking at NYC, cause they'll throw that money at him and give him the whole global icon status, plus he went to school at the Cuse for a year. What would really be interesting is how the Knicks handle this offseason.

If you were the Knicks, would you try all out to get Joe Johnson or would you wait the extra year and go after Melo? But hypothetically would it be better try and get JJ now, as opposed to trying to get Melo next year?

I heard C. Weber on the Herd today talking about this and I have though of this as a possibility. If the Knicks could sign 1 of the big names ( Lebron, Wade, Bosh, or Amare and maybe even Johnson) and retain D. Lee and sign McGrady for a 1 yr deal at a dicounted price to see if he can be his old self again they might contend next season. Then the season after when Curry comes off the cap sign a guy like Melo I think with that starting 5 the Knicks will be one of the top 3 teams in the league. Check this out, what do you think...

POSSIBLE 2011 KNICKS STARTING 5

-Douglas
-Lebron
-Melo
-Lee
-Galo
OR
-Douglas
-Wade
-Galo
-Melo
-Lee
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Bosh
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Bosh
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Amare
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Johnson
Either of these teams are unstoppable

shep33
03-23-2010, 11:42 PM
I heard C. Weber on the Herd today talking about this and I have though of this as a possibility. If the Knicks could sign 1 of the big names ( Lebron, Wade, Bosh, or Amare and maybe even Johnson) and retain D. Lee and sign McGrady for a 1 yr deal at a dicounted price to see if he can be his old self again they might contend next season. Then the season after when Curry comes off the cap sign a guy like Melo I think with that starting 5 the Knicks will be one of the top 3 teams in the league. Check this out, what do you think...

-Douglas
-Lebron
-Melo
-Lee
-Galo
OR
-Douglas
-Wade
-Galo
-Melo
-Lee
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Bosh
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Bosh
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Amare
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Johnson

I've been hearing rumblings about this lately, and its quite possible, probably unlikely just cause the chips gotta fall right, but still possible.

The Nuggets are a great team but at the same time, if they don't get over the Laker hump in this year and next, Chauncey would be what 35 in 2011. Kmart will be kinda old. We'll see, i still think Denver is the place to be for him, but at the same time, if 1 star goes to NY this year, say Amar'r or Bosh even, Knicks will have Eddy Curry's expiring, and even more room to sign a player like Anthony. Plus they could keep Lee (I believe), which would make a pretty good team.

Highly unlikely, but still possible.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM

-Douglas
-Lebron
-Melo
-Lee
-Galo
OR
-Douglas
-Wade
-Galo
-Melo
-Lee
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Bosh
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Bosh
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Amare
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Johnson
or
-you
-are
-insane

1st off, whatever star signs this year, his contract goes up for 2011 (like 10% or something i believe), so there is less cap room already, Lee is not going to give in to a low-ball contract. Knicks are not going to fill out their 2010 roster with all 1 year contracts, otherwise nobody will sign with them. It's all about 2010, unless they completely strike out, then yes, 2011. But if they sign 1 max guy and keep Lee, more than likely nothing will be there in 2011.

_KB24_
I have a feeling Melo is going to retire as a Nugget. Plus, Lebron would have to move down to the PF position to accommodate Melo.

Yankee Lifer
I can hardly wait to see what happens. I havent felt like this about the Knicks since Houston Ewing LJ AND Spree. Kinda like im 6 on Christmas morning.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I can hardly wait to see what happens. I havent felt like this about the Knicks since Houston Ewing LJ AND Spree. Kinda like im 6 on Christmas morning.

And you're parents are rich, but every store is sold out of the only toy that you want.

uwish1127
03-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Personally I think it's not a bad idea:

I obviously don't focus on basketball a lot but I know the Knicks traded to clear salary to sign at least 2 or 3 big free agents, Im believing David Lee is one of them.

But If lets say they only land Chris Bosch or just Lebron James, and then sign Carmello the following season I dont think its bad at all, but if the Knicks fail to aquire any big free agents or have another poor season next year, they most likely dont have a chance of signing Carmello

NYK_kidd77
03-24-2010, 12:00 AM
And you're parents are rich, but every store is sold out of the only toy that you want.

lol that was pretty good. We just got to hope santa clause ****s up on his gift deliveries.

eman
03-24-2010, 12:05 AM
As I sit here in my apartment and look out my window at the second major snowstorm to hit Denver this week my biggest nightmare is that the Knicks don't get any of the big time free agents to sign this year. That would leave Melo or Norwitzki as almost a must signing for the Knicks so that they can save face. Is Denver a great place for Melo there is no doubt in my mind or anyone else's that this is so, yet to paraphrase Frank Sinatra "If you could make it there you can make it anywhere".

Raph12
03-24-2010, 12:11 AM
This can be said for a couple of diff cities.

xxseven72ducexx
03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
i'm a Knicks fan and unfortunately I don't believe LeBron, Melo or Wade are coming to New York...we have a good shot at re-signing Lee and/or signing Joe Johnson, Stoudemire, Bosh, Rudy Gay, second-tier players like that...but LBJ, Melo and Wade are the faces of their respective franchises and most likely arent going anywhere but back to their homes in Cleveland, Denver and Miami...those players make those teams and are those teams and wouldnt leave to try and revive a different franchise...as for 2011, if they sign 2 of those second-tier players in 2010 they'll have enough to maybe sign another 1 of those type of players or another 2 decent players to bolster that team...the Knicks will definitely become a playoff team next year and for years to come but as long as they dont have a player like LeBron I dont see them winning a championship until were all in our 30s and 40s

D-Amazins
03-24-2010, 12:47 AM
I believe thats what will happen. I think they sign either Bosh or STAT this year and pair'em up with Melo next year because I DO NOT see LBJ Or Wade coming; thats for sure.

mr_relevant
03-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Melo to the Knicks will be good not just for NYK fans (former Syracuse Orange star returns to help his "hometown" team), but for the league as well (one of the 5 best players in the league playing in the biggest market). Only ones who'll probably disagree with me are Nuggets and Cavs fans

heathonater
03-24-2010, 04:18 AM
i heard mars is looking for a sg, so i dont know why melo would leave denver for ny or the red planet

Giaps
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
"I really don't know what's going to happen the next year," Anthony said. "I don't know what's going to happen. But I don't see why anybody wouldn't want to play here in New York."
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14744692

Draco
03-24-2010, 09:40 AM
It'll be interesting to see what the new CBA is all about and how it affects 2011.

Draco
03-24-2010, 09:49 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14744692

What they don't know is what it would be like if a superstar owned the stage every night. Billups, for one, sounded intrigued.

"It would be cool," he said, "to come into this place and see No. 6 out there."

No. 6, of course, is a reference to the jersey number LeBron James plans to wear next season, wherever he ends up.

from another article posted in the Knicks forum.. it seems like the Nugs players are just pandering to the media.

Double_R
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM
How about Melo to the Magic, Vince Carter contract is up the same time... everyone knows that wing guys love the DH

baller1532
03-24-2010, 10:15 AM
first off, i have a feeling melo won't leave denver. ya chauncey and k-mart are gettin old, but we have young talent in nene, jr, and ty lawson. however if he does leave us, it would be for ny. he has always loved nyc. the knicks are the team he watched growin up. but i have a hunch as long as our fo doesn't screw anything up, he'll stay in white and powder blue

Giaps
03-24-2010, 10:20 AM
from another article posted in the Knicks forum.. it seems like the Nugs players are just pandering to the media.
Or they can just mean what they're saying? :eyebrow:

bmanjones
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
No.

You can close this thread now

NY Till I Die
03-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I would definitely sign Joe Johnson. If Melo were to leave I would jump on it without question. Seeing that Lebron is not leaving Cleveland, Wade not leaving Miami (no state tax), he would be the only other option.

Douglas
Johnson
Melo
Lee
Stoudamire

Good Starting Five.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-24-2010, 10:51 AM
:facepalm:

daliLOLbagaric
03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
i don't think he'll trade his current situation for the pile of mess that the knicks have become.

Draco
03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Or they can just mean what they're saying? :eyebrow:

Maybe, but it'd be interesting to see what questions prompted Melo and Billups' response. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those 'what else is he supposed to say' situations. It's not like the article posted a whole lot of quotes.

ldc62
03-24-2010, 11:03 AM
So the Knicks 2011 starters would be:

Toney Douglas
Lebron James
Melo
Bosh
[Insert Center here]

:rolleyes:

Giaps
03-24-2010, 11:06 AM
So the Knicks 2011 starters would be:

Toney Douglas
Lebron James
Melo
Bosh
[Insert Center here]

:rolleyes:
I guess Gallinari and Chandler quit the team.

nycsports2
03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
i wish

Zefflin
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Tim Duncan to the Wizards in 2025?

That's what I keep hearing.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Hell to the naw!!!! Mello has been a winner his whole career why in God's name would he go there of all places? Keep in mind if they even have enough money to sign him in '11 means that they struck out this summer i.e. they'd still be terrible.

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
lol wut?

avon_barksdale
03-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Melo come home baby, wiz need ya

uws
03-24-2010, 02:13 PM
The whole "why would they come to the knicks" argument is dumb, they'd come because of contract money, money they have never dreamed of in endorsements, and the opportunity to play in the only place in the world big enough to satisfy their huge ego's. The knicks have been a joke, but they are going to be good next year (at worst the year after that) that's how professional sports work, when you are bad, you have an increased chance of getting better the next year, especially when you've been planning for it for the last 3-4 years. Is this EXACT situation likely, no, but is it possible, yes, very possible, as is every scenario thats been said, but luck for us all we have to do is wait about 3 more months to see how it all plays out

Pierzynski4Prez
03-24-2010, 02:22 PM
The whole "why would they come to the knicks" argument is dumb, they'd come because of contract money, money they have never dreamed of in endorsements, and the opportunity to play in the only place in the world big enough to satisfy their huge ego's. The knicks have been a joke, but they are going to be good next year (at worst the year after that) that's how professional sports work, when you are bad, you have an increased chance of getting better the next year, especially when you've been planning for it for the last 3-4 years. Is this EXACT situation likely, no, but is it possible, yes, very possible, as is every scenario thats been said, but luck for us all we have to do is wait about 3 more months to see how it all plays out

1st bold, nope, the max players current teams can offer the most money

2nd bold, spot on

3rd bold, maybe, but only if you sign Lebron or Wade

4th bold, Is that what the Knicks have been doing the last 6 years? Aren't you still giving away draft picks for free?

5th bold, all we can do is wait and see, but I would rather be in a situation where you had a decent team, with the ability to add like 1 max guy than be at the bottom, with no future picks, nothing but a few 2 year guys, and a prayer of signing a top FA or 2. I would just hope you don't give 29 year old Joe Johnson a max 5 year contract.

coloradobuff
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
not a chance..

KGJ
03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
LB to the knicks would be great but to fall short and get Carmello and co. would not be bad either. We can build the team slowly making it more and more exciting each year. Looking to get past the first round atleast in next years playoffs.

What about Bosh this year and Carmello and CP3 in 2011? We have money, expiring contracts second round draft choices and a few nice pieces to go away in a trade with New Orleans and Denver.

We can't keep Gallo, Lee, and Chandler, due to the roster and mismanagement they are all playing out of position. With the exception of Gallo, the other ladder two are expendible when it comes to Carmello and CP3.

Commnents????

KGJ
03-24-2010, 02:48 PM
What team could stop Bosh, Carmello and CP3??? Talk about and exciting team, we would be on TV, atleast 2 or 3 times a week..lol

Pierzynski4Prez
03-24-2010, 02:58 PM
What team could stop Bosh, Carmello and CP3??? Talk about and exciting team, we would be on TV, atleast 2 or 3 times a week..lol

Wait, wouldn't LBJ be in that lineup too?

Draco
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
What about Bosh this year and Carmello and CP3 in 2011? We have money, expiring contracts second round draft choices and a few nice pieces to go away in a trade with New Orleans and Denver....

[ommnents????

Knick fans are like dollar menu millionaires. :p

Pierzynski4Prez
03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
LB to the knicks would be great but to fall short and get Carmello and co. would not be bad either. We can build the team slowly making it more and more exciting each year. Looking to get past the first round atleast in next years playoffs.

What about Bosh this year and Carmello and CP3 in 2011? We have money, expiring contracts second round draft choices and a few nice pieces to go away in a trade with New Orleans and Denver.

We can't keep Gallo, Lee, and Chandler, due to the roster and mismanagement they are all playing out of position. With the exception of Gallo, the other ladder two are expendible when it comes to Carmello and CP3.

Commnents????

So you mean to tell me that you could swing a trade for Melo and/or CP3 that only involves 2nd round picks and Chandler or Gallo and expirings? I hope you are just posting a sarcastic post here.

Cromedome
03-24-2010, 06:46 PM

:facepalm:

New York City > whatever city/state/country you're from

MGB
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM

-Douglas
-Lebron
-Melo
-Lee
-Galo
OR
-Douglas
-Wade
-Galo
-Melo
-Lee
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Bosh
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Bosh
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Amare
OR
-Douglas
-Galo
-Lee
-Melo
-Johnson

Screw it, just go all out:

-Paul
-Wade
-Melo
-LeBron
-Amare

Before all the haters start, this is totally possible, everyone wants to goto the Knicks! Look at their track record of being an awesome franchise the last several years.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Screw it, just go all out:

-Paul
-Wade
-Melo
-LeBron
-Amare

Before all the haters start, this is totally possible, everyone wants to goto the Knicks! Look at their track record of being an awesome franchise the last several years.

Seriously, I don't get why NY would settle for Douglas as a PG, when they could easily get CP3 for a few 2nd rounders and eddy curry's expiring.

Sox72
03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
"Oh no! We're slowly coming to the realization that NO ONE will sign with us this summer! Let's keep ourselves occupied for another year with these pipe dreams."

Hustla23
03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm gonna laugh at all you losers next year when we win the title. :p

oak2455
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM

again thats GAY:confused:

29$JerZ
03-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Knick fans are like dollar menu millionaires. :p

That actually made me laugh

LeBroom
03-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm gonna laugh at all you losers next year when we win the title. :p

I don't really wanna go out on a limb and say we'll win the title next year. BUT, I'm surely gonna laugh at the other fans of teams that are joining the Knick Bashing. Lol, Raptors/Bulls/Celtics fans etc., watch out... You might be eating all these words next season. xD

NYKnicks4511
03-26-2010, 12:41 AM
I find it funny that Celtics fans are bashing us, they were really good before KG and Allen came over, right?

I'm a realist, I see us getting 1 Max this summer, and resigning David Lee (I am so against it, but w/e). Even with a Max contract player, Lee, Chandler, Gallo, we could probably cop a 6th or 8th seed in the East.

With Curry's 11 million dollar expiring contract as a trade chip, I think we could very well be big players in the '11 market as well. No guarantees on Carmelo or CP3 but at least making the playoffs will get NYK basketball relevant again.