PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups - One of the most underrated PG?

phoenix_bladen
03-23-2010, 07:54 PM
he's having career highs in his 13th season and he's 33

i'm sure a lot of you know that he was the superstar basically that held detroit together and i think he's a big reason why denver is as good as they are now......

i mean wow.......

MTone8788
03-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Yes, I'd said a large majority are in tune with how great Billups is and has been.

Raoul Duke
03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I don't think he's underrated at all at this point. Also, he had seasons that were as good as the one he's having now when he was in Detroit, he just didn't score quite as much.

beardown78
03-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I really don't think he's underrated at all, people tend to have him as A top 5 pg in the league and it's known league wide what he brings to the table night in and night out

conway429
03-23-2010, 08:25 PM
yeah, he's not underrated anymore.
he now gets the respect he deserves.

JWO35
03-23-2010, 08:28 PM
He was very underrated in Detroit...but now like people said, everyone knows Billups is one of the best PGs this decade.

phoenix_bladen
03-23-2010, 08:34 PM
he's never mentioned in the same breathe as paul and the flashy ones for sure but honestly i think he's amazing.....!

he's really the glue that is holding nuggets together like he did in detroit even though obviously anthony is the franchise player

thescore53
03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I really don't think he's underrated at all, people tend to have him as A top 5 pg in the league and it's known league wide what he brings to the table night in and night out

yea but hes better than rose right

3RDASYSTEM
03-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Let me be the one to tell it like it is, as of right now yea hes right up there with the best PG's(NASH,DERON,PAUL,KIDD,ROSE, etc)..and what most people on here dont understand and why he's able to preserve his body at this stage was cuz he was basically a nomad for his first 5 seasons, i wanna say like 4/5 diff. teams,so he had no stability with playing time until he got to DET so hes basically like 8 yrs in but add a couple more seasons cuz DET had 2FINALS + ECF for 6 straight yrs....but no doubt BILLUPS go hard...i wish GEIGER would have waived his no trade so we could have seen AI/BILLUPS backcourt in DET...

Arsenal17
03-23-2010, 10:09 PM
I do think he is way underrated. When you think of point gaurds Steve Nash and Chris Paul are the first two you think of. Deron Williams, Tony Parker, and Derrick Rose even get more love. Billups is the biggest reason why Detroit was a top team and the biggest reason why they suck now. Iverson for Billups was one of the worst trades in recent history.....

theSPECIALKID
03-23-2010, 10:21 PM

Yes of course, but Rose isn't that far off.

magichatnumber9
03-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Let me fill some of you in that are obviously a little lost on something. Billups sucked balls when we first got into the league. He was a ball hog, and a piss poor leader. Probably enjoyed the life style more then the game. He eventually realized that he wasn't far from getting the boot and he realized he loved the game. Where was he when he discovered this and rededicated his life to basketball. Detroit. You want the respect of a CP3, Williams, Kobe, Lebron. You have to have a consistent career. Plus doesn't Denver have Melo last time I checked. Oh and another thing, in case you forgot the league has what a few hundred players, take a number.

kozelkid
03-23-2010, 10:58 PM

Grow up.

Yes, he is.

JordansBulls
03-23-2010, 11:26 PM

i'm sure a lot of you know that he was the superstar basically that held detroit together and i think he's a big reason why denver is as good as they are now......

i mean wow.......

Billups started to get hype after he got that finals mvp in 2004. He was a guy that went from team to team before that.

MacFitz92
03-23-2010, 11:35 PM
He was very underrated in Detroit...but now like people said, everyone knows Billups is one of the best PGs this decade.

You could say he's top 5 or 10 I suppose.

But Kidd, Nash, CP3, etc. are at the top alone.

MacFitz92
03-23-2010, 11:36 PM

:facepalm:

Raph12
03-24-2010, 12:29 AM
He's underrated no doubt, but still not a Top 3 PG IMO.

Angel2Maverick
03-24-2010, 12:47 AM
I never thought he was underated, he is the key in everything the Pistons DID and what the Nuggets do now

Draco
03-24-2010, 12:47 AM

I'm not a stat guy but looking over his numbers.. they don't look that impressive compared to previous years. In that respect you're probably overrating him.

Jaji
03-24-2010, 12:53 AM
People have been saying he's underrated for years. It's to the point where he's no longer underrated because obviously everyone knows how good he is.

Jaji
03-24-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm a stat guy but looking over his numbers.. they don't look that impressive compared to previous years. In that respect you're probably overrating him.

I'm pretty sure he means ppg. It has been mentioned many times this year that no player has had a career high in ppg this late in their career before.

Draco
03-24-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm pretty sure he means ppg. It has been mentioned many times this year that no player has had a career high in ppg this late in their career before.

Maybe you're sure.. but that's not exactly what he wrote, so I didn't take it that way. Looking at PPG. 43% FG isn't very impressive. Being able to get to the line while shooting a mediocre FG% isn't what I'd consider having "career highs". 2007/08 was a better year for Billups in terms of shooting. Who cares if he averaged 3 less PPG. Not sure how to interpret his usage % but why is it the highest it's been since 02/03 and I don't follow the Nugs.

Giants88
03-24-2010, 01:46 AM
He's also one of the biggest douche bags in the league.. good player though.

JayW_1023
03-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Chauncey is great but not underrated. He seems to get better as he ages.