PDA

View Full Version : Zo: If this was my rookie year, I'd be averaging 30 a game

JayW_1023
03-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Alonzo Mourning on the modern big man:

"They don't block shots, they don't post up anymore, they're just shooting a lot of jumpers. That makes all the difference in the world. It's amazing - if I came into the NBA now, like I came back into the NBA in '92, I'd probably be averaging 30 a game."

Full article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/BDL-Interview-Alonzo-Mourning;_ylt=AmcxRedHiMqjeYwsfJ_zYH28vLYF?urn=nba ,229735

Any thoughts? Is Zo right...do bigs lack killer instinct these days?

VCaintdead17
03-23-2010, 07:02 PM
It's sad to see there are only like 3 great centers in the league. I'd have to agree with him for the most part.

daliLOLbagaric
03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
totally agree with the statement that bigs lack killer instinct. no doubt...

however, i disagree with zos prediction on how many points he'd be averaging if this was his rookie year.

bigsams50
03-23-2010, 07:06 PM
No way he'd average 30 points a game as a rookie.

phoenix_bladen
03-23-2010, 07:16 PM
he coudl put up an easy 20 ppg and 10 rebounds in his rookie season and 2 blks

no way in hell 30 pg

20-25 max

TheDetroitBlue
03-23-2010, 07:16 PM
They do lack that killer stuff Big Ben brought that swagger back for a bit but I just don't see it anymore

phoenix_bladen
03-23-2010, 07:18 PM
check his rookie stats he put up 21 and 10 his first season

he could quite possibly get 25pg and 12 rebounds 3 blks haha maybe

but seriously zo was pretty damn good when he was young

does anyone remember him in his prime ?

23 and 12 i think

Master Mind
03-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Clearly he was exaggerating on the 30 points a game, he's just saying the bigs nowadays are soft and I agree...I'd say he'd probably average 6 blocks a game though as a rookie :p

daleja424
03-23-2010, 07:34 PM
ya... zo was a beast until the kidney illness got him...

he should prob be in the HoF when eligible...

daleja424
03-23-2010, 07:36 PM
his rookie year he was 21/10.3/3.5

today dude could be putting up 25+/12+/4+

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 07:36 PM
He's exactly right. There are only a handful of legit bigs even left in the league. After Shaq and Zo these new generation of Centers don't even have close to the amount of fundamentals the old school guys had.

Dwight Howard is probably the best big and he still hasn't even developed simple drop steps or face up game. Its obvious they don't watch footage of the great big men.

shep33
03-23-2010, 07:37 PM
He would dominate as a rookie, and he's right. Zo was kinda like D12 but better offensively. Big man aren't posting up anymore, and i really thought that after seeing Olajuwan play, that big man would try and pick up on some of his moves, and really understand the use of good footwork. But man was I wrong, the only good centre's over the past decade were... Shaq. Really besides him, Zo, Pat, Mutumbo, Olajuwan, Robinson, etc. were dominant in the 90s, but its actually very scary, cause after Shaq is gone, there will be no real scoring centers in the league anymore.

_KB24_
03-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Zo would honestly stream roll our modern year ******* we call centers. Gasol, Bargnani, Amare, Biedrins, Hawes, and Kristic would be polarized by him. Dwight, Bynum, Horford, and Perkins are guys I can see who could match is physicality.

kbrill21
03-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Look what Andray Blatche has been doing for the Wizards his last 20 plus games, and you are telling me Zo couldn't do better than him? 30 a game? Easily!!

Bulls_fan90
03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
A young Shaq would be putting up CRAZY numbers. Our current centers are pathetic (Dwight....Bogut?) as our top 2 is pretty ****.

jetsfan28
03-23-2010, 07:44 PM
No. He'd constantly be in foul trouble. He averaged 4 fouls per 36 minutes as a rookie (he'd need to play about that to average 30), and games are called tighter now. He'd also be worse defensively because he would need to contend with long range shooters, hurting his help D.

nuggetsyankees
03-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Zo would honestly stream roll our modern year ******* we call centers. Gasol, Bargnani, Amare, Biedrins, Hawes, and Kristic would be polarized by him. Dwight, Bynum, Horford, and Perkins are guys I can see who could match is physicality.

Nene could probably too

SwaggaIke
03-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Zo would dominate but so would Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson and other bigs of the past. I think Rik Smits (no knock) could throw up 20 and 10 on most of these clowns playing in the middle today.

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I agree....they're all jump shooters nowdays....Bargnani, Memo, Dirk are all jump shooters that paly no D at all...even guys who used to post up like Boozer, KG and even Duncan just shoot jumpers now....it's pretty sad. Big men are pus-cs nowdays.

jackdawson
03-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Zo wouldn't probably avg 30ppg, 25/12/4.5 sounds about right to me. Zo was a true translation of intensity, a great example of playing with a heart.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 07:49 PM
He would dominate as a rookie, and he's right. Zo was kinda like D12 but better offensively. Big man aren't posting up anymore, and i really thought that after seeing Olajuwan play, that big man would try and pick up on some of his moves, and really understand the use of good footwork. But man was I wrong, the only good centre's over the past decade were... Shaq. Really besides him, Zo, Pat, Mutumbo, Olajuwan, Robinson, etc. were dominant in the 90s, but its actually very scary, cause after Shaq is gone, there will be no real scoring centers in the league anymore.

The fact that Kobe went to Olajuwan this summer to work on his post game tells you a whole lot. There should've been a damn line of centers at the door trying to learn something! DWilliams learned alot from Stockton, Pierce used to work out with Magic and Reggie Miller all summer.... The guards get it but for some reason the bigs are reluctant to try and learn from the pro's.

Crystal Meth
03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Look what Andray Blatche has been doing for the Wizards his last 20 plus games, and you are telling me Zo couldn't do better than him? 30 a game? Easily!!

Andray Blatche is an athletic SF/PF. Why he's been compared to Zo I have no idea.

thescore53
03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
arent todays big men scoring more because of the ability to knocl down the jumpshot

JNA17
03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
It's sad to see this kind of truth :(.

As for his numbers, He was a beast straight from the get-go, but 30 might be a bit too high. 25-27 and 12 boards i think would fit him.

It's a shame really, the league needs centers that have that killer mind when they go on the court.

Even somewhere in the 90s, there were a combination of Cs and PFs that would littterly slam you down to the ground before you get the chance to the hoop.

I'm not saying now it's a walk in the park but compared to before, it really is like a walk in the park lol. Not even a guy like dwight can be compared. In fact his defense is very overrated imo, but that's a whole different topic. Right now, the centers to me look only tough on the outside but soft as tissue on the inside, and brainless. Seriously they look like giant walking dummies most of the time.

Although with all this said, sometimes, i also don't blame them. Because if they try to do that type of hard foul, it's a flagrant. Hope that changes someday, maybe not as tough as football but not as soft as baseball either.

IversonIsKrazy
03-23-2010, 08:00 PM
big men need to MAN UP now days, he's got a point.

thescore53
03-23-2010, 08:13 PM
if lebron was playing in zo's days he would average 40 15 15

dodie53
03-23-2010, 08:14 PM
shaq would average 40

nico916
03-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I honestly don't see any big man in today's game doing anything like the guys in Shaq and Alonzo days. Dwight could be he's not demanding of the ball enough. Every time I watch him he only gets like twelve touches a game and maybe 3 of them will be him working the post, then 3 from him being created for, and the rest from cleaning up the glass. I think Zo could get 30 a night even though he averaged only 20 a game his rookie year. The reason being is the lack of defensive skills big men have now a days. They foul so easily because of it, I mean how many times have you seen your teams big man get called for having there hand on someone's hip as they go up for the block. After so many fouls they back off as if they couldn't already be more loose on D.

Shahrose
03-23-2010, 08:22 PM

i highly doubt that :facepalm:

dtmagnet
03-23-2010, 08:25 PM
The game is evolving, being big is not enough you have to be athletic.

what54!?
03-23-2010, 08:26 PM
will he wouldn't average 30 a game (he's kidding) but he has a point. He would destroy other big men since they don't post up anymore. Or if they do their post up game isn't that good or its just a turn around jumpshot. oh well.

Kakaroach
03-23-2010, 08:35 PM
his rookie year he was 21/10.3/3.5

today dude could be putting up 25+/12+/4+ Something along those lines. People forget just how good Zo was.

thescore53
03-23-2010, 08:46 PM
i highly doubt that :facepalm:

ye your right but rose would def average 35 points 10 dimes and 5 steal right

Bruno
03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
He's exaggerating to make a point. Theres not one player in the league this year averaging 30. Some guys are close, but no ones at a full 30.0 ppg.

daliLOLbagaric
03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
another thing i forgot to mention.

yes the bigs have changed. todays big men are not the same.. but that's also due to the fact that the game has changed as well. before (and i'm going back to 94 to be exact.. around that time) there was more contact and physical play allowed. nowadays the game has gotten softer and less physical, that's why bigs have evolved and adapted to todays game. (to put it that way)

therefore, zo wouldn't be able to be as physical as he once was due to the nature of the game today. so you really have to take all those factors into consideration before making a judgment based on a simple look of the current situation.

Raidaz4Life
03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Probably could since nobody but Dwight, Perkins, and Maybe Bogut could stop him.

mikantsass
03-23-2010, 08:57 PM

Very well said.

JNA17
03-23-2010, 09:00 PM

more like 18, 2, and 3 kid :facepalm:

mikeman0000
03-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Theres a ton of Youth in the C position it's going thru a stage.

Howard, Bougut, Bynum, Hibbert, Blatche, Perkins, Lopez, Lopez, M. Gasol, Hawes are all coming into their own, not to mention that if Alrdrich, Whiteside, Cousins, Pittman can play, the C position will be stacked in a few years.

The NBA is getting better quickly, the young high schoolers are starting to become better and maturing. The NBA is about to take off

Bulls_fan90
03-23-2010, 09:12 PM

You obviously have no idea what your talking about. How old are you?

Crystal Meth
03-23-2010, 09:20 PM
ye your right but rose would def average 35 points 10 dimes and 5 steal right

That's a joke right? It has to be.

D Roses Bulls
03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
No way he'd average 30 points a game as a rookie.

you obviously didnt see ZO as a rookie. he was dominant.

D Roses Bulls
03-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Something along those lines. People forget just how good Zo was.

its not that they forgot, its more like they were too young to ever see him in action when ZO was beastin

thescore53
03-23-2010, 09:25 PM
17 so wat it was obviously a joke but he would still be very dominant

D Roses Bulls
03-23-2010, 09:27 PM

probably not, if you werent shaq, ewing, pretty much a big physical center, you needed a jumper pretty much to succeed. players were a lot more physical back then and the refs let them play. lebron doesnt have a consistent jumper and i dont know how he could of handled the beating to take it to the rim like he would of gotten since he was pampered from day 1 when he stepped onto the floor.

CB4AB7VC15
03-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Howard/Horford with better O.

Bulls_fan90
03-23-2010, 09:30 PM

I got that it was a joke, but your point was he would be more dominant in the 90's...which i doubt very much.

SchyGuy11
03-23-2010, 09:30 PM
shut up zo

thescore53
03-23-2010, 09:42 PM
probably not, if you werent shaq, ewing, pretty much a big physical center, you needed a jumper pretty much to succeed. players were a lot more physical back then and the refs let them play. lebron doesnt have a consistent jumper and i dont know how he could of handled the beating to take it to the rim like he would of gotten since he was pampered from day 1 when he stepped onto the floor.

his playmaking skills and the fast break no one is staying with him in the open lane

D Roses Bulls
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
his playmaking skills and the fast break no one is staying with him in the open lane

maybe they werent as athletic back then, but like i said, lebron was pampered from day 1. a couple hard knock downs from guys like malone, barkley, and such, he probably could of lost his edge and seriously thought twicce about taking it in again and if he doesnt take it to the bucket, well then lebron isnt lebron.

mike_noodles
03-23-2010, 10:23 PM
In his rookie season, he averaged 21, 10 and 3.5 blocks, wrap your head around that. This years best shot blocker is averaging 2.7. That is a ridiculous stat. I don't know about 30 points a game, but they would've had to hand him the ROY trophy, this years rookies are weak compared to that.

JDMac80
03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
look at the centers in the mid 90's - shaq, ewing, robinson, olajuwon, mutombo. Just using one stat indicative of defensive ability, blocks, these 5 players stand at numbers 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8 on the all time list. 30 pts as a rookie is a bit much, but he's not that far off. he wouldnt be facing some of the greatest defensive competition at center every night like he did in the 90s

SwaggaIke
03-23-2010, 11:22 PM
If LeBron could be hand and hip checked right now he'd struggle from the field most nights.

JordansBulls
03-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Alonzo Mourning on the modern big man:

"They don't block shots, they don't post up anymore, they're just shooting a lot of jumpers. That makes all the difference in the world. It's amazing - if I came into the NBA now, like I came back into the NBA in '92, I'd probably be averaging 30 a game."

Full article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/BDL-Interview-Alonzo-Mourning;_ylt=AmcxRedHiMqjeYwsfJ_zYH28vLYF?urn=nba ,229735

Any thoughts? Is Zo right...do bigs lack killer instinct these days?

He would average at least 25 and 10. If Amare does that in the playoffs, I'm sure Zo would as well.

iFYouSeekAmy
03-24-2010, 12:01 AM
He could probably average 40+ points against the Warriors as of NOW (Lack of size, injuries, lack of defense). No joke, no exaggeration, no offense dub fans.

Miltown34
03-24-2010, 12:16 AM
In his rookie season, he averaged 21, 10 and 3.5 blocks, wrap your head around that. This years best shot blocker is averaging 2.7. That is a ridiculous stat. I don't know about 30 points a game, but they would've had to hand him the ROY trophy, this years rookies are weak compared to that.

Dude most of these rookies are PG's this year:facepalm:

PLAYERS FAN
03-24-2010, 12:16 AM
maybe they werent as athletic back then, but like i said, lebron was pampered from day 1. a couple hard knock downs from guys like malone, barkley, and such, he probably could of lost his edge and seriously thought twicce about taking it in again and if he doesnt take it to the bucket, well then lebron isnt lebron.

Lebron play high school football:facepalm: High School football is by far tougher than any basketball. To think Lebron couldn't play in the 90's is stupid.

Trouble87
03-24-2010, 12:30 AM
I hate when old timers criticize the game today

the evolution of the big man is a big guy that plays away from the basket

If Zo was a rookie now he would've developed a entirely different game in his high school & college career. Zo needs to step back and sit the f down... its a young mans game

RCarlson85
03-24-2010, 12:31 AM
I would agree with the fact that he could dominate against centers in today's NBA. I don't know about 30 ppg, but I would think he could average 25 pts, 12 boards, and probably 4 blocks per game pretty easily. There are only a couple of centers that could stop him. When he played he went up against people like Ewing, Hakeem, David Robinson, Mutombo, and Shaq in his prime. Today, I would say that the only person that could really match up against him offensively and defensively would be Dwight Howard. People like Perkins and Horford aren't on the level that someone like Zo or Ewing was when they were at the same stage of their careers. It is really interesting how things change over the years.

D Roses Bulls
03-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Lebron play high school football:facepalm: High School football is by far tougher than any basketball. To think Lebron couldn't play in the 90's is stupid.

high school football? lmfao..... its high school man and they play with pads. try taking upper cuts that malone use to give out to the face with no helmet. ask isaiah thomas what happen when he drove in on malone? knocked his teeth out. lebron couldnt handle that.

ldc62
03-24-2010, 12:39 AM

hahaha :facepalm:

Raph12
03-24-2010, 12:50 AM
He's right about the lack of solid bigs in the league today, but he wouldn't be dropping 30ppg by any means.

Today's league is dominated by athletic wings, he'd spend most of his days getting crowned by the young guys.

25-12-3 is what he'd be doing at best IMO.

young_soldier
03-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Everyone is forgetting about Yao Ming.

If we are talking about modern day centres that play fundamentals it would be him.

He can shoot mid range, plays a nice post game, can play defence and his physicality is not bad. I would like to see zo match up against him.

young_soldier
03-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Im also pretty sure that a rookie zo would not even have compared to Dwight Howard.
Howard is a physical beast, the man is stronger, quicker and can jump higher than any centre I've ever seen.

JIMMY CONWAY
03-24-2010, 01:13 AM
The only two centers in the NBA that are worth anything are Bynum and Duncan.

Blackjack24
03-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Ugh. Bynum. His biggest asset remains his potential-- and this is quite a commentary on the state of centers in the league right now.

Zo might be right, honestly. A lot of teams are playing smaller and faster- and a truly skilled big man could walk right through that style of defense.

PLAYERS FAN
03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
high school football? lmfao..... its high school man and they play with pads. try taking upper cuts that malone use to give out to the face with no helmet. ask isaiah thomas what happen when he drove in on malone? knocked his teeth out. lebron couldnt handle that.

Things like that never happen during street ball:rolleyes:

sunnydayin'zona
03-24-2010, 01:36 AM

i would switch bynum and amare. and add bosh to the soft list. sorry but amare plays a very physical game, i dont know if you saw last night for example. bynum is very overrated

SwaggaIke
03-24-2010, 02:24 AM
He's right about the lack of solid bigs in the league today, but he wouldn't be dropping 30ppg by any means.

Today's league is dominated by athletic wings, he'd spend most of his days getting crowned by the young guys.

25-12-3 is what he'd be doing at best IMO.

Yea because Zo didn't play against 90% of the difference makers in "today's league" 2 short seasons ago.

stawka
03-24-2010, 02:27 AM
The only two centers in the NBA that are worth anything are Bynum and Duncan.

LOL. First of all, if you mention an injury-prone Bynum, you have to mention Yao. Secondly, Duncan is a PF. Thirdly, there's this other guy called Dwight Howard, you may have heard of him?

montazingmvp
03-24-2010, 02:48 AM
Im also pretty sure that a rookie zo would not even have compared to Dwight Howard.
Howard is a physical beast, the man is stronger, quicker and can jump higher than any centre I've ever seen.

zo was equally an athletic beast...difference being, zo regularly competed against athletic beasts at the c position, whereas dwight has it easy.

i'm guessing from your comment you haven't watched much nba from before the 2000's...

because shaq was much more physically dominating and athletic (in his prime) than dwight...as was hakeem, david robinson and probably mutombo....

this is not to speak down on dwight because he's a physical specimen in his own right...but he really has no competition...

even greg oden out did him in almost every athletic category at basketball training camps...ex he was a faster sprinter and jumper...

montazingmvp
03-24-2010, 02:49 AM
Yea because Zo didn't play against 90% of the difference makers in "today's league" 2 short seasons ago.

a rookie zo, and zo two years ago are very different players...age and disease did not help him...

:facepalm:

Sox Appeal
03-24-2010, 02:54 AM
no. He'd constantly be in foul trouble. He averaged 4 fouls per 36 minutes as a rookie (he'd need to play about that to average 30), and games are called tighter now. He'd also be worse defensively because he would need to contend with long range shooters, hurting his help d.

+1

_KB24_
03-24-2010, 03:15 AM
i would switch bynum and amare. and add bosh to the soft list. sorry but amare plays a very physical game, i dont know if you saw last night for example. bynum is very overrated

Amare would get bullied down low by a young Mourning. Amare's "physical game" back when Zo played would be like a Kwame to Dwight today.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-24-2010, 03:22 AM
He would not score 30 a game. The game is way too slow to let a guy of Mournings offensive skill set be able to shoot that much. Plus, if he was a great post player, teams can now double off the ball, prevent him from even catching the ball down low. That's why Shaq was so upset about the rule change. He thought the league was looking for ways to slow him down.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-24-2010, 03:27 AM

You have to be kidding me. Amare is a physical player? That's the biggest joke of the night. He don't play defense and he won't grab boards. He does a pick and pop and shoots tons of jump shots. Bynum always dominates Amare when they go head to head

heathonater
03-24-2010, 04:28 AM
zo would dominate today, but i dont know why he thinks making these comments is necesssary. he was a great player, but its pretty pathetic to hear retired players saying they would dominate the league today.

mr_relevant
03-24-2010, 04:35 AM
I can see him averaging 20/10 and 3 blocks, but how'll he handle today's athletic running and shooting bigs??

MTar786
03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
80% of the 'centers' in the nba are actually PF's

people consider rasheed wallace, amare, tim duncan, ben wallace, pau gasol, noah, okafor etc etc as centers.. and im sorry but they are not

Raph12
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM

And got dunked on by a washed up Carter twice in the same game... Zo tried to block every shot, dunk or layup he could get to, with the athletic wings of today, he'd set the record for being dunked on the most.

I do agree his offensive stats would look a bit better, but not 30ppg better.

JNA17
03-24-2010, 01:11 PM

lol i can personally guarantee high school football is not tougher then a pro basketball any day of the week, esspeically the NBA in the 90's. Do you have any idea what kind of big man there were in the late 80's and 90's?

(lot of spelling errors i know, just wanted to note that just in case there are grammer posters in here ;) )

JNA17
03-24-2010, 01:13 PM

it seems you have not watched the nba for long :pity:

Big Zo
03-24-2010, 01:17 PM
(lot of spelling errors i know, just wanted to note that just in case there are grammer posters in here ;) )

Grammar. :p

Btw, everything I said in that article is true.

JNA17
03-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Grammar.

Btw, everything I said in that article is true.

wow, can't believe i got that wrong, thanks :(.

really? Then ZO can you come back to the NBA this season and join the lakers? We could use an extra big :p

Big Zo
03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
wow, can't believe i got that wrong, thanks :(.

really? Then ZO can you come back to the NBA this season and join the lakers? We could use an extra big :p

Sorry, young fella, but my heart will always be in Miami. Plus I won't look good in those piss colored uniforms the Lakers wear. :p

ATX
03-24-2010, 01:34 PM
QUOTE=_KB24_;12684903]Zo would honestly stream roll our modern year ******* we call centers. Gasol, Bargnani, Amare, Biedrins, Hawes, and Kristic would be polarized by him. Dwight, Bynum, Horford, and Perkins are guys I can see who could match is physicality.[/QUOTE]

So true! Zo would absolutley own today's centers. Dwight v Zo would be a hell of a matchup.

smith&wesson
03-24-2010, 01:40 PM
check his rookie stats he put up 21 and 10 his first season

he could quite possibly get 25pg and 12 rebounds 3 blks haha maybe

but seriously zo was pretty damn good when he was young

does anyone remember him in his prime ?

23 and 12 i think

I remember him as a charlotte hornet, the guy was an absolute beast. he was strong, agressive, hard nosed player.

and yes in to days league if he was in his prime he could average 25-30 points 12-13 rebounds a game. if you remember the guy before he got sick in charlotte you would agree with him. todays league could not handle shaq and alzonzo in theyre prime. they would destroy every other centre in the leauge including howard.

Hawkeye15
03-24-2010, 02:00 PM
while I agree with Zo that today's centers don't stack up the the ones back then as far as interior toughness and skillset, Zo was never offensively good enough to average 30 ppg against anyone, sorry

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
ZO was a beast. He would def be a 25,10 and 3 blocks a night guy.

Crystal Meth
03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't think he'd be averaging 30 a game. Only MJ does that but i understand what he means. The guys who are considered centers in todays game would be PF's when ZO played. Olajuwon, Ewing, David Robinson, Mutombo, Shaq. Those were some real centers. Even Dwight Howard would probably be a PF.

Giants88
03-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Zo is 100 percent right

_KB24_
03-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey if guys like Andray Blatche could average 23 & 9 for 20 games, I'm sure Zo could atleast get 25 & 12.

SwaggaIke
03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
And got dunked on by a washed up Carter twice in the same game... Zo tried to block every shot, dunk or layup he could get to, with the athletic wings of today, he'd set the record for being dunked on the most.

Vince Carter was far from washed up in '06. That dunk is one of the greatest body to body dunks in NBA history. What great shot blocker doesn't get dunked on? Its a 50/50 chance you get dunked on every time a shot blocking opportunity arises. Dwight Howard got dunked on by Kobe, Tim Duncan by LeBron...hell Duncan just got dunked on the other day. When you contest shots that's the risk you take. I never said Zo would throw in 30 a game and anybody w/ a lick of sense knows that 30 was just a figure he just threw out.

"I do agree his offensive stats would look a bit better."

We both agree, so you're arguing a moot point.

Lord Leoshes
03-24-2010, 11:53 PM

you mean if Jordan was playing now. back then there was handchecking, the game was way more physical, & the defense got away with so much more then they do now.

Back in the days it was a mans NBA, now it,s softer then the WNBA. the reffs took the balls away from the players, & im not talking about basketballs. :facepalm:

Big Zo
03-25-2010, 02:21 AM

:facepalm: Zo was still amongst the best shot blockers in the league even in his final years as Shaq's backup.