PDA

View Full Version : Clipper Fans Should Be Feeling Pretty Good Right About Now!

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Next year you guys will have a fresh #1 pick in Griffin, this years pick which will probably be at least top 10.... to go along with BD, Kaman, and Eric Gordan. AND still have enough money left to sign at least 1 really good to 2 very solid players.

Best of all Mike Dunleavy won't be there to screw it all up!!!

Things are looking up.

GarlicStench
03-23-2010, 06:52 PM
hahahahahahahahahahhaa.. You are freakin funny!!!

td0tsfinest
03-23-2010, 06:54 PM
What about curse?

VCaintdead17
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes, their future is brighter than it seems. They've done a lot better than people realize this season, and if they can get a small forward that won't take shots away from BD, Gordon or Griffin, but still be a solid player, they will be in great shape. I think Al-Faroque Aminu would be a perfect fit.

asandhu23
03-23-2010, 06:57 PM
hahahahahahahahahahhaa.. You are freakin funny!!!

its time to remove that sig, bro.

BALLER71
03-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Yes, their future is brighter than it seems. They've done a lot better than people realize this season, and if they can get a small forward that won't take shots away from BD, Gordon or Griffin, but still be a solid player, they will be in great shape. I think Al-Faroque Aminu would be a perfect fit.

Man, you hit the nail in the head with that one. He is a perfect fit.

jackdawson
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
What about curse?

Isn't the curse (bumleavy) gone??

daliLOLbagaric
03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
clippers will be forever doomed. i honestly see them being a failure for the rest of their existence.

Toenail Clipper
03-23-2010, 07:26 PM
I hope we get top 5 pick again or something and a good FA next year.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Isn't the curse (bumleavy) gone??

Yeah to me Dunleavy's coaching was the biggest problem the last few years. Even when they lost Briffin a halfway decent coach could've got BD, Gordon, Camby, Thorton and Kaman to a number 8 spot. Thats more talent than some current playoff teams. He never really made a difference. The one year they did make the playoffs was because Cassell and Brand were playing out of their minds.

If they can get a solid coach like a Van Gundy or Avery Johnson to manage their talent they should be in good shape.

IversonIsKrazy
03-23-2010, 08:09 PM
It all depends on the curse... simple. Although, I think the curse might be gone, into Portland, man they've got some injury issues.

THE NEW DECADE CLIPPERS: PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS EVERYBODY!

beardown78
03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
I think the Clippers end up getting the number one pick somehow, stranger things have happened and I think the league wants another potential marketing star in John Wall in the LA market. If that happens look out

JordansBulls
03-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Next year you guys will have a fresh #1 pick in Griffin, this years pick which will probably be at least top 10.... to go along with BD, Kaman, and Eric Gordan. AND still have enough money left to sign at least 1 really good to 2 very solid players.

Best of all Mike Dunleavy won't be there to screw it all up!!!

Things are looking up.

Well it depends on how Blake pans out.

Toenail Clipper
03-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Clipper Darrell, the guy who always yells out "Let's go Clippers let's go" at home games said that Byron Scott is really interested in coaching the team.

Raph12
03-24-2010, 12:27 AM
Let's just assume they get the #1/2 pick in the draft, then they draft Evan Turner and get Joe Johnson in the FA market.

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Evan Turner
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Chris Kaman
6th - Eric Gordon

That's a pretty damn good lineup to me.

ryder78c
03-24-2010, 12:28 AM
It all depends on the curse... simple. Although, I think the curse might be gone, into Portland, man they've got some injury issues.

THE NEW DECADE CLIPPERS: PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS EVERYBODY!

You Smokin Ice! lay off the drugs......n go watch ur hockey

mr_relevant
03-24-2010, 04:38 AM
They're still the other team in LA

Tblaze
03-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Yeah to me Dunleavy's coaching was the biggest problem the last few years. Even when they lost Briffin a halfway decent coach could've got BD, Gordon, Camby, Thorton and Kaman to a number 8 spot. Thats more talent than some current playoff teams. He never really made a difference. The one year they did make the playoffs was because Cassell and Brand were playing out of their minds.

If they can get a solid coach like a Van Gundy or Avery Johnson to manage their talent they should be in good shape.

Not in the west...

Stay_Swim
03-24-2010, 08:59 AM
its time to remove that sig, bro.

hahaha. Y. They're still pretty bad. lol.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Not in the west...

The Rockets(before the trade) and Grizzlies have less talented teams and are still within respectable distance from the 8 spot.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Clipper Darrell, the guy who always yells out "Let's go Clippers let's go" at home games said that Byron Scott is really interested in coaching the team.

Thats pretty good news for them. Scott is a good coach, Im sure he'd rather wait out Phil for the Laker spot but he's still a LA guy through and through so having him back in town would be great.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Let's just assume they get the #1/2 pick in the draft, then they draft Evan Turner and get Joe Johnson in the FA market.

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Evan Turner
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Chris Kaman
6th - Eric Gordon

That's a pretty damn good lineup to me.

Yea, yea it does look pretty good....that is until December when 4 of those guys are out with season ending injuries.

Yea the future is bright, but there still is that curse:p

I think they can be pretty nasty next year but they have to change to a Run N Gun team like Phoenix. BD is very familiar with it, Gordon is a shooter and is very explosive so it'll suit him. Blake is a big man that loves to run and he can even dribble so he'll surely fit. And Butler is a shooter as well so he'll fit well. Also, Deandre Jordan is an athletic big so he might like it too. If they use their $$$ to pick up a back up PG and a defensive wing player, they might have a chance.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Yea, yea it does look pretty good....that is until December when 4 of those guys are out with season ending injuries.

I think they can be pretty nasty next year but they have to change to a Run N Gun team like Phoenix. BD is very familiar with it, Gordon is a shooter and is very explosive so it'll suit him. Blake is a big man that loves to run and he can even dribble so he'll surely fit. And Butler is a shooter as well so he'll fit well. Also, Deandre Jordan is an athletic big so he might like it too. If they use their $$$ to pick up a back up PG and a defensive wing player, they might have a chance.

Thats what made Dunleavy such an colossal idiot to me was that he insisted on that half court, old school, call every play bs! I mean its plain to see they were built to run. Im sure thats why him and BD stayed at odds with each other.

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
I honestly think they will trade Baron Davis to a contender for some young talent.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Thats what made Dunleavy such an colossal idiot to me was that he insisted on that half court, old school, call every play bs! I mean its plain to see they were built to run. Im sure thats why him and BD stayed at odds with each other.

exactly...some coaches are just so stupid. I will never know how the hell people typing on sports forums have better logic and ideas than professional coaches:facepalm:

I bet they would've won at least 5 more games if they had a run n gun style, which clearly is the style Baron is best with.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
I honestly think they will trade Baron Davis to a contender for some young talent.

yea that wouldnt surprise me. Baron's like 31 and they have a young core.

G-Funk
03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
They will trade Baron for some cap room or young talent. but I like the future all they need to do is change there name and colors they are horrible. They also need a marquee coaching staff and a well known GM. I think that's the only way they can attract free agents.

ILLN355
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM

the guy that always stands in the stairs?

King Drew
03-24-2010, 04:14 PM
idk man the clippers got a very talented team. with another top notch rookie and they got themselves a team

xbrackattackx
03-24-2010, 04:21 PM
yea that wouldnt surprise me. Baron's like 31 and they have a young core.

That's exactly what I was thinking there are gonna be some very dangerous young teams in the next few years.

You think they will keep Gooden, He's been killing it for them?

ElMarroAfamado
03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
as long as we have the same owner and that whole negative stigma (lead by the jerseys synonymous with losing) we are not going to do ****

ElMarroAfamado
03-24-2010, 05:14 PM

I completely agree

:facepalm:

Lions #81
03-24-2010, 05:25 PM
nice

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2010, 05:48 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking there are gonna be some very dangerous young teams in the next few years.

You think they will keep Gooden, He's been killing it for them?

I doubt it...he says he never wanted to leave Dallas and wants to go back there...I don't see why since he's been getting more playing time and putting up nasty #s...He played well for Dallas too when Damp was hurt, but now they got Haywood and Damp is back so it's not like he'd get much PT...I guess he just wants a ring now.

Wilson
03-24-2010, 06:32 PM
They have some options. If Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon can play as number one and two options by themselves, then the team may look to trade Baron Davis. They could probably get good defense and spot up shooting at SF and PG.

Should be an interesting off-season for them.

JNA17
03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
If the clippers did not have that "curse", they would be legit contenders

saintdrew
03-24-2010, 06:54 PM
hey i'm not a big nba draft guru so can someone tell me where they think evan turner will be drafted? like is he a guaranteed top 5 draft pick?

Big Quett
03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
hey i'm not a big nba draft guru so can someone tell me where they think evan turner will be drafted? like is he a guaranteed top 5 draft pick?

in a word YES!!! He is the #2 pick in everybody's mind.