PDA

View Full Version : Will Gilbert Arenas get jail time? No way, right?

coloradobuff
03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Just saw article that prosecutors are seeking 3 months of jail time for Gilbert Arenas.

While part of me would like to see Arenas be in the clink for awhile, I think it would be better if Arenas did some community service type work where he could reach out to kids, etc.

What do you think?

lakerssssssss
03-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't think he deserves to go to jail. People are making way too big a deal out of the situation. No one got hurt.

Draco
03-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Just saw article that prosecutors are seeking 3 months of jail time for Gilbert Arenas.

While part of me would like to see Arenas be in the clink for awhile, I think it would be better if Arenas did some community service type work where he could reach out to kids, etc.

What do you think?

Absolutely.. he can do something in the way of teaching kids how to resolve an argument. Maybe teach kids all about the Brady Act and at what age you can purchase and in which state.. maybe also make an NBA Cares commercial.

coloradobuff
03-23-2010, 02:08 PM
yep, gilbert should be doing stuff for kids right now...i mean what else is he doing with his time?

Crystal Meth
03-23-2010, 02:12 PM
He'll get what the prosecutors feel he deserves. The judge usually goes along with what the prosecutor suggests and the suggest 3 months so, I have to believe he will do at least 3 months.

J Dub8299
03-23-2010, 02:16 PM

What do you think?

Jail for sure...anyone of us would be in jail for pulling a gun on someone.

CheeznWingz
03-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Damn right he should go to jail. Why should athletes be treated any differently than you or me? There is way to much going on now with athletes thinking that they can do what they want. I think that they forget that they are role models and that everything that they do know is being followed by the public. Time for them to pay the price, just like the average joe would.

coloradobuff
03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
His agent/friends should be telling this guy to go public doing good things, but i dont think he has done that..hence he should get jail time but will he?

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Hopefully he just gets probation and little to no jail time. People overreact like the dude is Jon Gotti or something. He made a stupid mistake and has already paid enough for it. Going to jail now serves no purpose other than to appease the lynch mob.

coloradobuff
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
I just want to see the guy actually do something productive during his time off. He did PETA ad, but what that have to do w/guns. He still seems like lost cause at moment.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
I think that deal when he was fooling around and doing the fake guns at his teammates was really the big dealbreaker. That seems to have done more damage then the actual incident itself.

In reality what Crittenton did was waaaaay more serious and dangerous but he had enough sense to keep his big mouth shut.

Blackjack24
03-23-2010, 03:33 PM
If any of us even mock assaulted an acquaintance with a gun, in a city where guns are banned... we'd be in for multiple crimes. Arenas will not only go in on a minor sentence, he will return to his former employer thereafter, or at least get the bulk of his salary in a buyout.

Ridiculous. If he doesn't get at least a short prison sentence, it will be celebrity winning out over justice in almost every sense.

coloradobuff
03-23-2010, 03:39 PM
he should get jail time, but will he..money talks

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 04:00 PM
If any of us even mock assaulted an acquaintance with a gun, in a city where guns are banned... we'd be in for multiple crimes. Arenas will not only go in on a minor sentence, he will return to his former employer thereafter, or at least get the bulk of his salary in a buyout.

Ridiculous. If he doesn't get at least a short prison sentence, it will be celebrity winning out over justice in almost every sense.

I've heard this argument alot but the thing is you have to compare apples to apples. You can't compare an NBA player to a common blue collar worker financially. You could compare him to a multi million dollar executive perhaps.

Now if some multi millionare corporate big shot did the same thing would he get a slap on the wrist? Probably. And he'd probably retain his employment as well if he was deemed valuable enough to the company... like Arenas.

You know at the end of the day money talks....

OrderOfCook
03-23-2010, 04:09 PM
First of all, hell no an executive wouldn't get a slap on the wrist for pulling a gun on someone AT WORK. That's what Arenas did.

Secondly, since Arenas worked out his plea deal with the prosecutors when he plead guilty one would assume that he has already agreed to go to prison for 3 months and is aware it's coming. So the answer, definitively, is yes--he will do 3 months.

RaptorizedKevin
03-23-2010, 05:20 PM
what does reaching out to kids do, when he just does it just for the sake of doing it. and not wanting to do it. if arenas was a good person, he'd serve his jail time and then reach out to kids. but he doenst he iesnt a damm good role model. and lol at this thread, why wouldnt he get jail time? he pulled a gun on someone . yu dont just get bailed out.

king4day
03-23-2010, 05:35 PM

What do you think?

I agree.
Stuff like this is a waste. Give him a heavy fine, heavy community service, and be done with it.
I thought Plaxico's penalty was way harsh. Any jail time for Arenas is just rediculous.

MagicDojo
03-23-2010, 06:02 PM
I think he should get the same treatment as I would get. fired and jail time.

magicdouglas
03-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I think he should get the same treatment as I would get. fired and jail time.

And you would sleep in the mexico room for at least a year! lol

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Out of a 90 day sentence he'll probably do like 45 days in protective custody. Not fun but not the end of the world.

Kakaroach
03-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Pretty much what was expected. He'll get out a lot on bail but at least their punishing him.

avrpatsfan
03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
For what he did he doesn't deserve to be in jail. All he had was an unregistered gun. It wasn't loaded or anything. I think 50 hours of community service would be a better punishment.

Brewhouse94
03-23-2010, 07:04 PM
He needs to serve time even if its just a day, just to see what it would be like if he was just a regular joe and pulled crap like he did. The thing that bugs me the most is he had multiple amount of guns on him, what purpose does that serve? Athletes need to stop carrying guns and just hire a bodyguard.

Draco
03-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Arenas' choice of capital or corporal punishment.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 07:44 PM
He needs to serve time even if its just a day, just to see what it would be like if he was just a regular joe and pulled crap like he did. The thing that bugs me the most is he had multiple amount of guns on him, what purpose does that serve? Athletes need to stop carrying guns and just hire a bodyguard.

Yeah I understand they are targets for robberies/set ups but if its me I'd rather go with a bodyguard. But I do understand its a macho thing, especially when you're from the hood some guys look at that like the "punk" way out. At the end of the day its not even worth it when you see guys like Plaxico and how serious they are with the jail time its better just to grow the hell up.