PDA

View Full Version : The backcourt watch - CP3/DC/MT

wolf3742
03-23-2010, 12:35 PM
So it begins. CP3 is finally back and got a win in the Mavs game. I guess this thread is all about seeing how the CP3/DC/MT rotation will work out. I think this might be updated for everygame and I also want to know other comment's regarding this.

We got a little glimpse of how this worked in the Mavs game as there were a little time where the three of them were together. And the blog at hornets247.com said it best

The Hornets went with a three-guard lineup for only a few minutes during the game, but the most interesting wrinkle in it wasn't what was expected. Instead of generating a lot of open looks off a series of drives and kicks - the Hornets would let West create, then the ball would fly out, skip around the edge, sometimes reverse, and eventually find one of the three guards for an open shot. All three of those guys can shoot, so it was pretty deadly.

I think we will see West pumping up his assist. He may be the focal point of this 3 guard backcourt. I want to see more of this in the next game

BIGBREED
03-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Last nite while at the game, I got drunk off of Margarita's......SWEET!(I'm a Crown Royal guy)

-loved the gameplan
-we need to get bigger in the front court which should be the main vocal point in the draft

1st RD- Cole Aldrich(C) 6'11 KANSAS -or- Patrick Patterson(PF) 6'8 KENTUCKY -or- Greg Monroe(PF) 6'11 GEORGETOWN
2nd RD- Jerome Jordan(C) 7'0 TULSA

{Pending on players availability}

ballpd05
03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Cole Aldrich is overrated, played against him at the Y a couple years back. He will be the next Joel Pryzbilla... will block shots and do nothing else particularly well.

Vinny642
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I love our 3 backcourt ballers.
CP and DC will coexist and Thorton, well is there any explanation needed?

I want a big man in this draft, (Monroe). I don't know alot about an single player I will learn more when the season ends.

wolf3742
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
ok to those saying that DC will not be as productive when Paul get his minutes, think again. Cavs game Paul alraedy logged his 30+ minutes.

DC still payed great. I think it is also working for him well because he is not forced to force things because CP3 is already there to carry the load.

I am excited to see what would happen when CP3 is finally clicking on all cylinders.

BIGBREED
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
CP3 is going to kick DC in his *** for
-picking up his dribble, allowing the defense to over play the passing lanes and throwing those lazy passes
-dribbling the ball into the dead-area of the court and/or corners which allows for easy traps

iHop
03-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Our back court is set, all we need now is a quality starting SF and 1 or 2 quality big men

wolf3742
03-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow great day for me... Nets won their 10th and Hornets just won against the Lakers :clap::clap::clap::clap:

And again, great game from the three backcourt.
CP3 - 15pts, 13 asts, 4rebs
Collison - 17pts, 3asts, 3rebs
Thornton - 18pts, 3rebs

Now who still wants to trade CP3/DC?
They are showing they can conexist together and D is still producing and still seeing good minutes.

comet_10
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
why trade a complete rotation?

they are good enough that they complete your guard rotations, all shoot well, two points can always have the offence run, and thornton can just shoot.

i like west, i would try and trade Peja before i gave up west, use the expirings= contracts.all they need is a serviceable 3 that can play more games then they miss.

and they will be competitive, having said that the idea of paul feeding bosh or even Amare is highlight reel stuff. still dont know if you give up a potential all star in DC

Method28
03-30-2010, 12:29 PM
i know im gonna get bashed for this but...if we can trade Collison to get a guy like Bosh...Id do it.

wolf3742
03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
i know im gonna get bashed for this but...if we can trade Collison to get a guy like Bosh...Id do it.

This will only happen if Bosh wants to come here and then a S&T is possible. And since Toronto is the one who needs a player more, I might try to give West first + Posey (to match salary for max contract). I think TO will not mind getting back something instead of getting nothing out of Bosh. Not to mention they get a good PF back.

As for now, I do not want to part with DC especially I can see the three of them playing well together. I hope we can sign Thornton already as early as this offseason for an extension