PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Walsh has inside info on Lebron other free agents?

NYYCowboys
03-23-2010, 01:24 AM
I don't know if anyone made a thread about this yet, but I didn't see one and I thought this was interesting. There was a report by Ric Bucher yesterday saying that if Joe Johnson signed with the Knicks then LeBron James would follow suit. Chris Sheridan then wrote that these rumors were false, but that Donnie Walsh could have received inside information from a source about the intentions of LeBron James and other free agents. He says that he can't see how anyone would trade basically three 1st round picks in order to rid themselves of Jared Jefferies without knowing that their free agency plan would work. I also read something a while back that said Donnie Walsh and Joe Johnson's agent are good friends and that they worked out a "wink wink" deal that Johnson would sign with the Knicks this summer. Being a Knicks fan I am actually pretty happy to hear this, but I could see other fans and organizations being pissed off if in fact these rumors were actually true. Personally I wouldn't doubt these rumors at all considering how much the NBA needs a good team in NY. What do you guys think?

P.S. I don't know why the link doesn't work but both articles are on ESPN insider, and there is also mention of it on Real GM (which is the link I posted that didn't work).

http://http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/65512/20100322/walsh_traded_picks_after_receiving_inside_informat ion_on_free_agency/

Draco
03-23-2010, 01:32 AM
He says that he can't see how anyone would trade basically three 1st round picks in order to rid themselves of Jared Jefferies without knowing that their free agency plan would work.

Chris Sheridan also wrote about not seeing Lebron coming to Chicago because of Chicago's traffic. I don't think Chris put a whole lot of thought into the whole 2010 thing.

OrderOfCook
03-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Can this not be merged with the hundreds of other threads about where Lebron is going?

Wild, sourceless speculation ad nauseum is what this forum is all about, I get it. But really? This? Can't it just go right into the thread that someone posted a couple days with the original false rumors?

Giaps
03-23-2010, 01:51 AM
ESPN making annoying rumors and making up stories. Does anyone take them seriously anymore?

NYYCowboys
03-23-2010, 01:52 AM
Can this not be merged with the hundreds of other threads about where Lebron is going?

Wild, sourceless speculation ad nauseum is what this forum is all about, I get it. But really? This? Can't it just go right into the thread that someone posted a couple days with the original false rumors?

I never really understand people like you. If you aren't interested in the topic just don't look at it. Stop hating.

Master Mind
03-23-2010, 02:01 AM
IF NY only gets Joe Johnson this upcoming off season it would be a EPIC fail on their behalf

MoBASS
03-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Three first rounders just to get rid of Jeffries? I would love to see this backfire in Donnie's face lol

NYYCowboys
03-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Three first rounders just to get rid of Jeffries? I would love to see this backfire in Donnie's face lol

Well Jordan Hill is one of the first round picks, then next year the Rockets have the option to swap first round picks with the Knicks (which could be irrelevant if the Knicks actually do get some good FAs) and they receive the Knicks 2012 first round pick.

abe_froman
03-23-2010, 02:08 AM
isnt it against the rules if he does

anyways, no one knows anything at this point.just fan speculation(and hopes) and espn's wishful thinking that the knicks will get him

the giving up of the picks had to do with it being a buyers market,those with 2010 hopes where so desperate to get capspace they all screwed themselves in the process to a degree.like the bulls swapping picks with bucks for taking salmons(and his player option)...or does the bulls have inside info to?:rolleyes:

but sure nyers,the fix is in...just like you say every time you have your pick for the lotto ;)

majmarcus
03-23-2010, 02:10 AM
I never really understand people like you. If you aren't interested in the topic just don't look at it. Stop hating.

AMEN :clap::clap::clap: They've got mods to take care of things like that if it's needed! It irks the h3ll outta me when douche bag kiss azzes as such come in with there ideas/opinions on whats appropriate!!!! If u don't like what's written...turn the page(Effen Jag Off)

iluvsports2much
03-23-2010, 02:21 AM
hey i say lebron goes to.....cleveland :)

PurpleJesus
03-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Joe Johnson??? that makes me laugh. hahahahaha. Clearly the knick are getting lebron, wade, bosh and amare....why would they need joe?

dodie53
03-23-2010, 04:43 AM
hey i say lebron goes to.....cleveland :)

i think so too

GivenGrace
03-23-2010, 05:09 AM
Joe Johnson??? that makes me laugh. hahahahaha. Clearly the knick are getting lebron, wade, bosh and amare....why would they need joe?

I like it!!!:clap:

OrderOfCook
03-23-2010, 10:20 AM

If you don't like what I write, put me on your ignore list.

The ChILL
03-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I've always thought NY would be JJ and Boozer. No one really knows whats going to unfold though so its all speculation at this point.

HawaiiStyle
The knicks might pick up Joe Johnson this year and Carmello in 2011 if lebron falls through - im still pretty optomistic about LBJ

JNA17
Donnie Walsh will pull something like this when he is in talks with lebron.

http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/2010/02/16/daryl-morey-and-donnie-walsh-negotiate/