PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NBA draft thread

I Am Awesome-O
03-21-2010, 07:48 PM
With our playoff hopes more or less obliterated, top college prospects fighting to survive at the highest stage of college basketball, and the offseason rapidly approaching, I'm starting to look forward to this year's draft. Right now we are slated to pick at #13.

I'll start off by saying that if, by some divine miracle, we get the #1 or #2 pick, we would get John Wall or Evan Turner respectively, which would be put us over the hump and make us true contenders for a long time.

If we get the #3 pick, I think the choice is between DeMarcus Cousins and Derrick Favors. I think Favors would be the better long-term fit next to Marc Gasol after Z-Bo is gone, and he's got a ton of upside, but if Cousins keeps his head straight, he could be an absolute beast. He's one of the most talented back-to-the-basket the most talented back to the basket scoring big men I've seen in awhile. It would be a tough choice between the two, but I think I'd go with Favors based on his immense upside and potential fit next to Marc.

In the much more likely scenario that we end up picking 13th, there could potentially be a number of high-level prospects to choose from. I think we need to come away with another backup PF/C that could provide insurance if we can't retain Z-Bo and/or a combo guard that can provide an offensive spark off the bench. I'd rank the top 14 prospects as follows (in tiers):

1) John Wall
2) Evan Turner

3) Derrick Favors
4) DeMarcus Cousins

5) Wesley Johnson
6) Greg Monroe (if he changes his mind and enters, which is very possible)
7) Hassan Whiteside
8) Cole Aldrich
9) Al-Farouq Aminu
10) Jan Vesely
11) Donatas Motiejunas
12) Ed Davis
13) Patrick Patterson
14) Xavier Henry

Not really sure about the late picks. I'd like to package them both and move up, take a flier on a Euro prospect that won't require contractual obligation for awhile, or even exercise both of them to help build our bench for the future. The only thing I would have a problem with is selling them, which I could totally see Heisley doing. When you are the Lakers you can sell picks. When you are still trying to build a championship team, that's the last thing you should be doing.

What are you guys' opinions on this upcoming draft? I'm getting excited. Let's make up for last year's debacle!

Big Quett
03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
i like the Kid out of O State James Anderson He can abosolutly light it up. He can be what Marcus thorton in to the Hornets. Or if he falls Aminu from Wake... Or even the X man although i dont think he will be a star. I see him as martell webster

mrgajones1
03-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I think that we should use it for a guard. So if we are ar the 13 pick, i would select Eric Bedsoe if he come out. if not then, maybe patterson to play along side Gasol. but if we keep a late pick, and he's still on the board, i'd go for Devin Downey from SC.

I Am Awesome-O
03-24-2010, 08:45 PM
i like the Kid out of O State James Anderson He can abosolutly light it up. He can be what Marcus thorton in to the Hornets. Or if he falls Aminu from Wake... Or even the X man although i dont think he will be a star. I see him as martell webster

I think Webster is a great comparison for Henry, and we definitely need a guy like that.

I Am Awesome-O
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
The Nuggets pick has moved all the way up to the 22nd slot, and it could potentially move all the way up to #19 if they keep losing like this. That would be huge.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

Big Quett
04-01-2010, 04:06 PM
The Nuggets pick has moved all the way up to the 22nd slot, and it could potentially move all the way up to #19 if they keep losing like this. That would be huge.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

damn i didnt even think about that seeing the Nuggs Loose. I was actually routing for them. But not no more

mzgrizz
04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
I still like the Nuggs.......so it's hard for me to root against them. They also have great fans on PSD.

mzgrizz
04-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I would like to get the Kentucky widebody........he could be the new Big Baby!

I Am Awesome-O
04-03-2010, 04:23 PM

He'll be better than Big Baby. Much better.

I Am Awesome-O
04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
The Grizzlies are now slotted to pick at #12, barring a miraculous dose of lottery luck, after winning the tiebreaker with Toronto today. The Nuggets and Lakers picks are slotted at 25 and 28 respectively.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/apr/16/first-memphis-grizzlies-three-no-1-draft-picks-wil/

celtsballa21
04-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Even though the Grizzlies are stacked with young talent, they need to realize that there is a thing called depth. They should look at a combo guard first to solidify a backup for Conley and Mayo because Arthur isnt bad as a backup as a big man and Sam Young is at SF.

rufo4100
04-17-2010, 04:50 PM

he does remind me of baby!

I Am Awesome-O
05-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Today is lottery day everyone. Anything can happen, and I've got a strange feeling that we'll end up in the top 3.

Good luck Grizz!

Big Quett
05-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Today is lottery day everyone. Anything can happen, and I've got a strange feeling that we'll end up in the top 3.

Good luck Grizz!

A fan can only hope

IndiansFan337
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Xavier Henry would be a good fit for this team, IMO.

fin_frenzy_84
05-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Bulls fan here... Assuming if Rudy Gay is gone would you take with...
Deng and 17th overall for 12th,25th and 28th...
What about this...
Hinrich and 17th for 12th and 25th...

I Am Awesome-O
05-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Bulls fan here... Assuming if Rudy Gay is gone would you take with...
Deng and 17th overall for 12th,25th and 28th...
What about this...
Hinrich and 17th for 12th and 25th...

Why would Memphis take on Deng or Hinrich's contract but not pay Gay?

Big Quett
05-20-2010, 02:13 AM
Why would Memphis take on Deng or Hinrich's contract but not pay Gay?
Exactly.....if Deng is the alternative i'd rather overpay Rudy instead of Deng

Stunner
05-22-2010, 11:39 PM
U guys on here low blowing Deng alot he might not be the explosive scorer Gay is but he is smarter, a better rebounder, better defender, and better mid range game them Gay. He would be a good fit on your team and wouldnt give up dumb defensive plays like Gay did with the Kobe game winner.

Big Quett
05-23-2010, 01:36 AM
U guys on here low blowing Deng alot he might not be the explosive scorer Gay is but he is smarter, a better rebounder, better defender, and better mid range game them Gay. He would be a good fit on your team and wouldnt give up dumb defensive plays like Gay did with the Kobe game winner.

Because yeah we all know Kobe is a lucky player and Kobe has never did that before. We all know that was Kobe's first and last game winner:rolleyes:
And that great defender really shut down LeBron in the playoffs huh? And if Deng is so damn great why are ALL bulls fan trying to get rid of him?

Stunner
05-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Because yeah we all know Kobe is a lucky player and Kobe has never did that before. We all know that was Kobe's first and last game winner:rolleyes:
And that great defender really shut down LeBron in the playoffs huh? And if Deng is so damn great why are ALL bulls fan trying to get rid of him?

We knw its Kobe and it wasnt luck when kobe hit the shot but he blew the assignment in a big moment of the game and thought OJ was sticking kobe and got there late. I never said Deng was a Lebron stopper nor did i say Gay was a Kobe stopper. But Deng is one of the few people that makes Lebron work to get his points. Even Lebron said he gives him trouble. When the last time u heard some say Gay gives them trouble on defense. U cant hide Deng is a way better defender than Deng is. And the reason why we would trade they is to get an Superstar player in return u get my drift. See if we get Lebron there will be no use for Deng , i would love to keep him but we need a PF so we would trade him for an All-Star on in a package deal. If we cant find one then we love to have because of his defense and mid range shot. U have to give to get, in this case Deng and some fillers and draft picks to get a big time PF to go with our team that we need. U would be stupid if u wouldnt trade Deng for Lebron,Bosh,Amare,Boozer,Wade,etc.

Kakaroach
05-23-2010, 01:53 PM
The Grizzlies have three first-round picks in the 2010 draft (#12, #25 and #28) but might trade them all if they can land an "impact player."

Memphis showed massive improvement last season and has plenty of young talent. Based on comments by owner Michael Heisley, the team would likely draft NBA-ready players if they can't engineer a suitable trade. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/may/23/heisley-not-backing-off-on-keeping-gay/

It would be pretty cool if they moved all three to move up into the like the top 5 of the draft or better.

Big Quett
05-23-2010, 03:35 PM
We knw its Kobe and it wasnt luck when kobe hit the shot but he blew the assignment in a big moment of the game and thought OJ was sticking kobe and got there late. I never said Deng was a Lebron stopper nor did i say Gay was a Kobe stopper. But Deng is one of the few people that makes Lebron work to get his points. Even Lebron said he gives him trouble. When the last time u heard some say Gay gives them trouble on defense. U cant hide Deng is a way better defender than Deng is. And the reason why we would trade they is to get an Superstar player in return u get my drift. See if we get Lebron there will be no use for Deng , i would love to keep him but we need a PF so we would trade him for an All-Star on in a package deal. If we cant find one then we love to have because of his defense and mid range shot. U have to give to get, in this case Deng and some fillers and draft picks to get a big time PF to go with our team that we need. U would be stupid if u wouldnt trade Deng for Lebron,Bosh,Amare,Boozer,Wade,etc.

Why dont people just realize that Deng is overrated and thats a fact. And what is with people getting made because they propose a trade another team doesnt like? What was said before was the truth. Why would we not pay Rudy but pay Deng or Hinrich? It just doesnt make sense so just leave it at that.

Stunner
05-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Why dont people just realize that Deng is overrated and thats a fact. And what is with people getting made because they propose a trade another team doesnt like? What was said before was the truth. Why would we not pay Rudy but pay Deng or Hinrich? It just doesnt make sense so just leave it at that.

Im not getting mad im jus saying i knw what my player does prob more than u do. Deng sometimes overrated but Deng only problem is that he shows up for only 3 quarters or a half and then u want see him again. If he gets over that good player to have. Kirk and Deng got overpayed but at that time when the got the money it was justified because how they played it was thinking they will get better but not in Kirk case now but in Deng had injury setbacks but at the age of 25 he is at least a top 10 or 15 SF in the NBA. And u would prob pay Deng what u wouldnt pay Rudy is because maybe there are things that Rudy do that dont fit right with the team and Deng prob fit it better IMO. But i get what you are saying.

Stunner
05-23-2010, 04:18 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488462

fin_frenzy_84
05-25-2010, 05:25 PM
How about Deng, Taj, James Johnson for Ronnie Brewer,12th and 25th... You are getting a bad contract but you are getting two very young players to go with him..

D1JM
05-29-2010, 12:08 AM
was up with monta ellis buying a house in memphis? Does this imply that he is getting traded there?

SluggeR
06-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Wht the Griz should look for in the draft: 1. A shooter/scorer 2.Playmaker 3. PF
I think the team could be deadly if the team developed Mayo to a billups type point; instead of using the 1st rd pick on a pg(unless he's a stud/bledsoe). The Griz need a dynamic scoring wingplayer to come off the bench. Young is a nice slasher, but he's not enough.The 2nd unit needs a go to scorer; that can be obtained by a draft pick or free agent.

GASOL/thabeet
Z-BO/arthur/draft pick
GAY/young
O.J./draft pick or free agent
CONLEY/mayo/free agent

Blaze
06-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Pistons fan here wondering if u guys would be interested in trading Gasol and Conley for Stuckey, Wilcox, and the seventh pick.

Mayo/Stuckey/Gay/Zbo/Thabeet

Conley/Hamilton/Prince/Wallace/Gasol

I Am Awesome-O
06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Pistons fan here wondering if u guys would be interested in trading Gasol and Conley for Stuckey, Wilcox, and the seventh pick.

Mayo/Stuckey/Gay/Zbo/Thabeet

Conley/Hamilton/Prince/Wallace/Gasol

Ugh, no thanks.

Gasol is Memphis's best and most important asset and he's not going anywhere unless a legit superstar is coming back in return.

Mr.Grizzly
06-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Gasol aint goin nowhere!

Mr.Grizzly
06-21-2010, 11:17 AM
i hope Ed Davis lands on our lap

Stunner
06-22-2010, 02:36 PM
per ESPN the Wolves and Grizzles are about to swap pick 16 for 25 and 28.

I Am Awesome-O
06-22-2010, 03:25 PM
per ESPN the Wolves and Grizzles are about to swap pick 16 for 25 and 28.

We'd make it out like bandits if that goes through. I REALLY hope this gets done.

AirZach
06-22-2010, 06:57 PM
if it goes through that would be awesome because theyd have a legit shot at getting two out of Patrick Patterson, Elliot Williams, Xavier Henry, or Eric Bledsoe.

AirZach
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
or even packaging the two of those picks again and moving into the top 10

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 07:30 AM
You guys might be getting the Celtics 19th pick

jEtS60
06-24-2010, 08:42 PM
please dont get anderson