PDA

View Full Version : Source: Miami Is Amare's First Preference

JordansBulls
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Link (http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100319-20/nba-jam)

One source close to the situation insisted this week that Wade and Stoudemire are closer than advertised as pals even though they haven't played together on Team USA since 2004.

The source also said that Miami is indeed Stoudemire's first choice in free agency if he finally leaves the Suns this summer after being shopped by Phoenix at two successive trade deadlines.

Raph12
03-20-2010, 12:35 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467510

jackdawson
03-20-2010, 01:29 AM
That's pretty nice to know. In fact, who doesn't want to play with such an unselfish superstar?

Jonathan2323
03-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Im sure a lot of people's first choice would be Miami.

SwaggaIke
03-20-2010, 01:39 AM
I think Stat made that clear in February. Honestly this is exactly why Heat fans should not be worried about this offseason. If we make the playoffs and go out fighting we'll be in a favorable position. If we miss on Bosh, Amare and Boozer then we have serious issues as a organization.

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2010, 03:13 AM
He wants to go somewhere where he will be the 2nd guy?? i dont see it.

Amare wants to be the guy and right now he is. If an extension is offered and he likes the $$, im thinking he will stay.

who know though.

ldc62
03-20-2010, 04:24 AM
They said Miami was Bosh's preferred destination too.. I see him going to the Knicks, the Heat try to play D which Amare [not to say he couldn't just] doesn't play. He just seems out of it on D sometimes...

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2010, 04:51 AM
he's not going to the knicks, he has always said he wants to play for a contender or thereabouts (the knicks are anything but that), and he and dantoni never really got on that well. I also think he knows he has to play with a verygood passing PG.

i can only see him resigning in PHX or heading to Miami

LeBroom
03-20-2010, 04:57 AM
he's not going to the knicks, he has always said he wants to play for a contender or thereabouts (the knicks are anything but that), and he and dantoni never really got on that well. I also think he knows he has to play with a verygood passing PG.

i can only see him resigning in PHX or heading to Miami

So he's going to be playing with a very good passing PG named Mario Chalmers or Carlos Arroyo?

Seriously, people tend to throw everything Amare has accomplished out of the window. SURE Nash gives him the ball, makes him a better player (like all great PG's do), but to say Amare will be trash or will be mediocre without Nash is JUST CRAZY. He's not Kenyon Martin. Amare has developed great offensive moves down the post. He's super athletic, long, and can score at will inside the paint. He also has a good 15-18 ft jumper. He's an OFFENSIVE BEAST plain and simple.

If you watched the Jazz vs Suns game a while ago. Amare eclipsed for 44 points. He could've gotten more but Alvin Gentry sat him with 2:30 to go. Now, I watched the whole game, and it wasn't like Nash was drawing people and doing his best to drag Amare's man to him so that Amare is wide open. MOST of Amare's shots were post moves, he himself made. I'm not taking anything away from Nash, but to say that Amare needs a VERY GOOD PG to be effective is an overstatement. Heck, Everybody needs a VERY GOOD PG. But Amare is very talented and can manage to get his 21 and 9 without Nash.

JordansBulls
03-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Well If Amare goes to Miami and Bosh to Chicago and Lebron and Johnson to NYC, then you have Miami with Wade/Amare, Chicago with Rose/Bosh, NY with Lebron/Johnson and maybe Tmac, Orlando with Dwight and Vince and Boston with it's core.

Those are your top 5 teams.

Ty Fast
03-20-2010, 09:52 AM
he will stay with the suns i think. he has 17 million reasons to. he wont get that on the open market. if he waited a year he would probably get more. but then again i could be very wrong

jetsfan28
03-20-2010, 09:57 AM
I don't really see Amare, Wade, Beasley, Chalmers as a championship team. Miami would be a playoff team for the next 6 years, but not sure they'd be anything more.

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2010, 10:00 AM
So he's going to be playing with a very good passing PG named Mario Chalmers or Carlos Arroyo?

Seriously, people tend to throw everything Amare has accomplished out of the window. SURE Nash gives him the ball, makes him a better player (like all great PG's do), but to say Amare will be trash or will be mediocre without Nash is JUST CRAZY. He's not Kenyon Martin. Amare has developed great offensive moves down the post. He's super athletic, long, and can score at will inside the paint. He also has a good 15-18 ft jumper. He's an OFFENSIVE BEAST plain and simple.

If you watched the Jazz vs Suns game a while ago. Amare eclipsed for 44 points. He could've gotten more but Alvin Gentry sat him with 2:30 to go. Now, I watched the whole game, and it wasn't like Nash was drawing people and doing his best to drag Amare's man to him so that Amare is wide open. MOST of Amare's shots were post moves, he himself made. I'm not taking anything away from Nash, but to say that Amare needs a VERY GOOD PG to be effective is an overstatement. Heck, Everybody needs a VERY GOOD PG. But Amare is very talented and can manage to get his 21 and 9 without Nash.

your right i contradicted my self. but i never said he needs a very good PG to be effective.

Amare is a great player, but with Nash he is just unbelievable sometimes, Alot of Amare points are from just pick and roll plays with Nash, Nash gets him alot of open dunks and open Jumpers.

Amare still hasnt got great post moves, he's developed a bit of hook shot, but thats it.

Amare is and always will be a Face up player, he will face you up and if you back off him he will take that jumper (which seems automatic these days), if you get up on him he will blow by you and take it to the rim.

Nash does make him a better player though. I just hope he signs an extension with us, just not max.

IRUAM #21
03-20-2010, 10:24 AM

Neither one of those guys will be in a Heat uniform next year, if they do I might kill myself, plus Wade is basically the PG.

king4day
03-20-2010, 10:52 AM
This really isn't news. Kinda obvious and if I'm not mistaken, "sources" also said Miami was his first choice at the trade deadline.
Also, this article says "if he finally leaves phoenix". Thats it. How is that news?

LeBroom
03-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Neither one of those guys will be in a Heat uniform next year, if they do I might kill myself, plus Wade is basically the PG.

Wait! Is Chalmers expiring?

BALLER71
03-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I don't really see Amare, Wade, Beasley, Chalmers as a championship team. Miami would be a playoff team for the next 6 years, but not sure they'd be anything more.

I hate to say it but Beasley will probably be traded.

EL HEAT
03-20-2010, 11:11 AM

Team Option

heatking
03-20-2010, 11:20 AM

dont forget we have 2 first round picks, about 5 million left, and the mle to sign players. So we can definetly contend if we get amare.

Beasley is looking more and more like a SF, which will be great for our starting lineup, and we can get a 6th man like manu, or ray allen to close out games. If we just resign our players and get amare we would have something like this.

Chalmers/Patrick Beverley
Wade/Daequan Cook
Beasley/Dorrell Wright
Amare/Joel Anthony
Jermaine Oneal/ Joel Anthony

thats with us resigning Dwright, Joel Anthony and JO, and signing Beverley to a rookie contract. We would sttill have our 2 firsts, and our mle which can be used on someone like Ray allen, or maybe manu.

Our oldest player would be JO at 32. This team can easilly contest for the next 8 years with proper drafting, and fa pickups.

Iodine
03-20-2010, 11:24 AM

But THINK ABOUT THE JERSEY SALEZZZZZ AND HIGHLIGHTZ

sep11ie
03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Well If Amare goes to Miami and Bosh to Chicago and Lebron and Johnson to NYC, then you have Miami with Wade/Amare, Chicago with Rose/Bosh, NY with Lebron/Johnson and maybe Tmac, Orlando with Dwight and Vince and Boston with it's core.

Hello Captain Obvious

avrpatsfan
03-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Dwayne Wade, Michael Beasly, and Amare would be a good combo. Too bad Beasly would have to leave.

jetsfan28
03-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I hate to say it but Beasley will probably be traded.

Wouldn't be a bad move. I don't like how he fits with the other 3.

Romo2Bryant
03-20-2010, 12:01 PM

nahhh really?

Spencesc11
03-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I say the Heat sign Amare and Wade to max contracts, use the other 5 million to bring in Mike Miller for perimeter scoring and then you have a starting lineup of Chalmers, Wade, Miller, Beasley, and Stoudemire. Would be very fun to watch and also a top 3 team in the east for years to come.

Side note: Lebron should just stay in Cleveland. He has a nice supporting cast in Jamison, M. Williams, Hickson, etc... And going to New York or New Jersey will take a couple of years before they're even competitive. The only way I would disagree with this is if New Jersey gets the top pick. Because then you could have John Wall, Devin Harris, Lebron James, Yi Jianlian, and Brook Lopez. That could be scary!!!!!

Master Mind
03-20-2010, 12:18 PM
If Miami gets Amare I can honestly see Beasley traded for a PG like Monta Ellis...

BALLER71
03-20-2010, 12:22 PM
If Miami gets Amare I can honestly see Beasley traded for a PG like Monta Ellis...

...or Devin Harris, maybe?

GodsSon
03-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Miami seems to have more "sources" than any other team in the league lol:rolleyes:

dtmagnet
03-20-2010, 12:31 PM

I like the use of the word "IF" as though these things are written in stone already. How does a "source" saying Amare wants to go to Miami mean that Bosh will go to Chicago, and Lebron and Joe Johnson will go to New York? I'm guessing you like to play with the ESPN trade machine a lot.

RaptorizedKevin
03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
bosh isnt going to chicago. stop talking things before they happen

RaptorizedKevin
03-20-2010, 12:36 PM

come on JB thats only " IF" that doesnt mean it will happpen. and Trust me, if theres any team that bosh willl go too besides toronto, its Miami. Hes in love with toronto, and said he has INTEREST, doesnt mean hes automatically gonna leave toronto though.

Master Mind
03-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I like the use of the word "IF" as though these things are written in stone already. How does a "source" saying Amare wants to go to Miami mean that Bosh will go to Chicago, and Lebron and Joe Johnson will go to New York? I'm guessing you like to play with the ESPN trade machine a lot.

You have the funniest sig on PSD! :laugh:

dtmagnet
03-20-2010, 02:10 PM
You have the funniest sig on PSD! :laugh:

lol thanks man but IMO there are way better sigs than mine out there.

KB24PG16
03-20-2010, 02:18 PM

thats how it see it too

nuggetsyankees
03-20-2010, 02:32 PM
If Beasley reached his potential they would be a dangerous team

what54!?
03-20-2010, 02:40 PM
thats how it see it toobeas probably wont be here next season. Probably will get traded to upgrade at other spots, like point

JordansBulls
03-20-2010, 02:44 PM
come on JB thats only " IF" that doesnt mean it will happpen. and Trust me, if theres any team that bosh willl go too besides toronto, its Miami. Hes in love with toronto, and said he has INTEREST, doesnt mean hes automatically gonna leave toronto though.

Bosh wants to go somewhere where he is the man.

dtmagnet
03-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Bosh wants to go somewhere where he is the man.

He already is somewhere that he is the man, I'm not saying he is staying or that he is going since nobody knows that yet. Speculate all that you want but don't pretend that its already a done deal.

masalex1205
03-20-2010, 02:58 PM
common sense indicates that Amare is Miami's third choice

AntwanN21
03-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Amare will not save Miami, they first need an all star point guard or a guy on the cusp of being one. Im not sure what Chalmers has done but he is not that guy. a line of Chalmers or whoever, Wade, Beasley, Amare, ??? will be solid but not a contender

STAT1
03-20-2010, 03:31 PM

First of all, that's all what ifs. Second, there is whole TEAMS better than just 2 all stars playing together. Don't get ahead of yourself.

ManChild
03-20-2010, 03:32 PM
With the Suns playing so well, I think Stoudemire will play the wait and see game. The Suns are obviously more talented than the Heat right now, and can finish top 4 in the West if they continue to play well. They can always get better, and Stoudemire is capable of putting up 30 and 10 next year if he is the man on offense.

Remember, Stoudemire turned down Gasol money of 19 million per year for 14 million per year because he wants to stay in Phoenix. If the Suns are more talented than the Heat, Stoudemire will go to the Suns.

JOSKOMANG4
03-20-2010, 03:50 PM
LINEUP BE4 START OF 2010/2011 OFFSEASON:

(SG)WADE: 17.2 MILLION
(PF)BEASLEY: 4.92 MILLION
(SF/SG)D.COOK: 2.17 MILLION
(PG) M.CHALMERS: 850K

THEY CAN RESIGN:

(SF/SG) Q.RICHARDSON: 2YR 6.0mill (3.0mill per). *Hopefully he'll take a pay cut.
(PF) U.HASLEM: 3yr 12 mill: (4.0mill per).
(C) J.ANTHONY: 3YR 8MILL: 2.35 MILL

HEAT BRING IN...

(C/PF) AMAR'E: MAX CONTRACT: 17.8 MILLION
(PG) S.RODRIGUEZ: 3YR 12MILL ( 4MILL PER)
(SG) M.MILLER: MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION( 5.6 MILLION).

POTENTIAL LINEUP BE4 DRAFT:

C) A'MARE/ J.ANTHONY
PF) BEASLEY/HASLEM
SF) D.COOK/Q
SG) D.WADE/M.MILLER
PG) CHALMERS/S.RODRIGUEZ

PROJECTED SALARY: 62.1 MILLION.

Jays Claw
03-20-2010, 04:12 PM
I see him going to New York.

Ethix11
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
I think the Heat would be better off with Johnson because Beasley is already our PF and Haslem one of the best backups. Then a defensive Center duo of ONeal and Camby and a duo of Raja Bell and Ray Allen while alternating PG duties between Johnson and Wade would create one hell of a team..

footballer2369
03-20-2010, 04:52 PM
For those who don't think Wade Amare Beasley is enough to contend, :confused:

With the right FA pickups and draft picks after that they could be way better than most in the east.

I liken it to Kobe/Pau/Odom (only IMO all three Heat players have a slight advantage over the Laker counterparts).

dtmagnet
03-20-2010, 04:59 PM

With the right FA pickups and draft picks after that they could be way better than most in the east.

I liken it to Kobe/Pau/Odom (only IMO all three Heat players have a slight advantage over the Laker counterparts).

You seriously overestimate the talent of Wade Amare and Beasley then.

JordansBulls
03-20-2010, 05:03 PM

Well Wade and Amare and pretty close to Kobe and Pau. However I'd take Odom over Beasley.

BALLER71
03-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Well Wade and Amare and pretty close to Kobe and Pau. However I'd take Odom over Beasley.

Agreed.

kblo247
03-20-2010, 05:16 PM

How :eyebrow:

Kobe is still a better player than Wade. Better scorer, better shooter, better post up skills, better defender, better closer, and all around more versatile since he can get his without the ball and play SF.

Pau is a better defender than Amare. Pau is a better rebounder than him. Pau is a better passer than him. Pau is better with his back to the basket. He just doesn't run and dunk as much or have the same outside shot this year.

Lamar is a better rebounder by leaps and bounds than Beasley. Lamar handles the ball better than Beasley. Lamar can score far more consistently. Unlike Bealey he doesn't have to be taken out of games because of not knowing time and defensive assignments and rotations. Plus for the stuff he gets, Lamar is far more consistent night in and night out than Beasley has been.

They are nowhere close to being as good individually as those 3, let alone being as talented as a unit due to this thing called chemistry since Wade/Amare/Beasley all have more holes in their game and are weaker on both the offensive and defensive ends in comparison.

If anything, you better hope they deal Beasley for a PG and try to get Q and JO to stay for less cash at C and SF.

Jays Claw
03-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Carlos Boozer is a better fit for Miami.

kblo247
03-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Yep and he would be cheaper.

???
Wade
Q
Boozer
JO

They would be much better if they signed Boozer than Amare for less to retain JO and Q, and then moved Beasley for a PG like Harris.

Worst case scenario. They don't get any guy to sign. They re-sign JO and Q, and then they send Beasley and their cap space to New Orleans for Collison and West improving their team and saving the Hornets money

footballer2369
03-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Boozer is a much worse fit...JO will not be back most likely. Whoever we bring in will likely play center. Beasley will likely be staying as Riley doesn't generally sell low (not many smart GMs do)

And Lakers fan, thanks for the laugh. Of course no one can compete with your almighty lakers...Wade>Kobe though, and Beasley is a much better scorer than Odom which was a huge fail on your part.

footballer2369
03-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Yep and he would be cheaper.

???
Wade
Q
Boozer
JO

They would be much better if they signed Boozer than Amare for less to retain JO and Q, and then moved Beasley for a PG like Harris.

Worst case scenario. They don't get any guy to sign. They re-sign JO and Q, and then they send Beasley and their cap space to New Orleans for Collison and West improving their team and saving the Hornets money

Makes absolutely 0 sense.

avelazq
03-20-2010, 06:23 PM
ok he has nash now but remember wade is a good passer and amare means the number one option as a big man . cuz if we build around wade and amare im sure amare is gonna get the ball alot and remember wade is probably the best pick and roll player on the planet so combine that with amare u have a .. fing good combo

billy17
03-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Wade>Kobe though, and Beasley is a much better scorer than Odom which was a huge fail on your part.

For one game today, Ill take Kobe and Lamar over Wade and Beasley hands down.

But Wade and Amare would be some kind of tandem

JordansBulls
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM

Disagree. Amare is a 25 and 10 player in the playoffs. Sometimes Boozer disappears in the playoffs.

VCaintdead17
03-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Disagree. Amare is a 25 and 10 player in the playoffs. Sometimes Boozer disappears in the playoffs.

He didn't say boozer is better than Amare....

sunnydayin'zona
03-20-2010, 07:07 PM

Kobe is still a better player than Wade. Better scorer, better shooter, better post up skills, better defender, better closer, and all around more versatile since he can get his without the ball and play SF.

Pau is a better defender than Amare. Pau is a better rebounder than him. Pau is a better passer than him. Pau is better with his back to the basket. He just doesn't run and dunk as much or have the same outside shot this year.

Lamar is a better rebounder by leaps and bounds than Beasley. Lamar handles the ball better than Beasley. Lamar can score far more consistently. Unlike Bealey he doesn't have to be taken out of games because of not knowing time and defensive assignments and rotations. Plus for the stuff he gets, Lamar is far more consistent night in and night out than Beasley has been.

They are nowhere close to being as good individually as those 3, let alone being as talented as a unit due to this thing called chemistry since Wade/Amare/Beasley all have more holes in their game and are weaker on both the offensive and defensive ends in comparison.

If anything, you better hope they deal Beasley for a PG and try to get Q and JO to stay for less cash at C and SF.

and...amare is more dominant, more athletic, more of a leader, more of a team player, and a far superior scorer. amare has post moves like a young tim duncan. IMO amare is the better player.

i'll say this though, amare does not put forth as much effort until after the allstar break, as we've seen his entire career. but compare them at 100% effort and see who you think is the better player.

sunnydayin'zona
03-20-2010, 07:09 PM

not to double quote you but jesus you're a homer, after reading your post again.

also, i think your really overblowing these differences in the games of each player.
yes, we all know kobe is better than wade but its slight. they are both top 3 players in the league.
and odom isn't as good as your making him, beasley will only get better next year.
and obviously i think your wrong in saying pau is better than amare.

TheWatcher34
03-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Amare: "I want my yacht in front of the mansion."

homestarunner93
03-20-2010, 08:09 PM

Putting Rose up next to the rest of those guys is a travesty and is incredibly homerish of you.

believeinNYK
03-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Does miami have enough money to sign both amare and wade???

Corey
03-20-2010, 08:20 PM

Yep.

jackdawson
03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Putting Rose up next to the rest of those guys is a travesty and is incredibly homerish of you.

^^^^This.

Jays Claw
03-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I still don't see him going to Miami.

Lord Leoshes
03-20-2010, 09:48 PM
He wants to go somewhere where he will be the 2nd guy?? i dont see it.

Amare wants to be the guy and right now he is. If an extension is offered and he likes the $$, im thinking he will stay.

who know though.

Then you trade him to use for a future 1st, & a TPE.

Lord Leoshes
03-20-2010, 09:53 PM

& you think those are the only player Pat will get for 6 years? :facepalm:

Lord Leoshes
03-20-2010, 09:56 PM

He has a 2010 team option at $854,389.

Lord Leoshes
03-20-2010, 10:10 PM

Yes, + $5, to $8mil left afterwords.