PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Drops 147

AntwanN21
03-19-2010, 10:58 PM
San Antonio beats Golden State 147-116 for the highest scoring total of the season. No suprise it came against golden state, but crazy non the less.

San Antonio had 8 players in double figures, leading the way was Ginobli. This is not a bash Golden State thread, just wanted to see what people though of this.

Reyes6
03-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Against Golden State... most teams could drop 125 but usually put in their bench. Considering the Spurs have a solid bench... no real surprise to me. I would've thought GS had dropped at least 150 or Denver or Cleveland.

AntwanN21
03-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I think the highes before was 146 which happened twice. I know Golden State did it and than Atlanta did it to Toronto

iggypop123
03-19-2010, 11:12 PM
did curry play? that might as well be a d-league team cause most of their team came from the d league!

LeonFSU
I think the highes before was 146 which happened twice. I know Golden State did it and than Atlanta did it to Toronto

http://www.nba.com/games/20100316/MINPHX/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

Cubsfan365
No. The Suns put up 152 a couple nights ago.

valade16

Don't forget Phoenix just scored 152 the other night...

AntwanN21
03-19-2010, 11:13 PM
woah i havent watched basketball in a couple days, missed that completely, wow 152, alright thanks guys, close thread

Raph12
03-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Don't forget Phoenix just scored 152 the other night...

This

avrpatsfan
03-19-2010, 11:28 PM
That's pretty crazy. Bad defense for sure

montazingmvp
03-19-2010, 11:30 PM
That's pretty crazy. Bad defense for sure

the reason this high score total happened is because the warriors shot blockers are all injured...

randolph, turiaf, and biedrins are all injured...

san an just had to attack the rim and they were going to have a high scoring total no matter what

DLeeicious
03-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Crazy, just looked at the box score such a balanced scoring attack from SA, pretty impressive.

Agar81
03-19-2010, 11:37 PM
did curry play? that might as well be a d-league team cause most of their team came from the d league!

They have 3 d-league guys in Tolliver, Hunter, and Williams. I wouldn't say most of their team came from the d-league.

GSW Hoops
03-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Another stellar defensive performance from the Dubs. :facepalm:

At least my fantasy team (which includes Monta) is doing well...

tredigs
03-20-2010, 01:40 AM
They have 3 d-league guys in Tolliver, Hunter, and Williams. I wouldn't say most of their team came from the d-league.

Well, C.J. Watson also came from the D-League (albeit not this year), and Devean George might as well have. Considering they only had 8 players tonight, and their two bigs were indeed D-Leaguers earlier this year and were going against the greatest PF ever (and the Dubs didn't even have Curry tonight to run their offense), I'm less than surprised by this score.

This team cannot wait for the off-season. Please buy this team Ellison, PLEASE.

ElMarroAfamado
03-20-2010, 03:12 AM
im surprised no one has said the year after year cliche of
"dont ever count the spurs out...i wouldnt want to face them in the playoffs"

haha

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Suns dropped 152 the other night..................

robbnen#31
03-20-2010, 04:03 AM

Watson and Azubuike were also from the D-League

YoungOne
03-20-2010, 09:33 AM
thats embarassing they dont even try to play defense..

Giraffes Rule
03-20-2010, 12:43 PM
im surprised no one has said the year after year cliche of
"dont ever count the spurs out...i wouldnt want to face them in the playoffs"

haha

That's because it's against the Warriors. Who cares how badly you beat the Warriors when a good team like the Magic walk all over you?

asandhu23
03-20-2010, 01:05 PM
thats embarassing they dont even try to play defense..

yeah we actually do. its because we are so "undersized" that other team's score on us easily. if we had actual big men, it would be a different story.

GodsSon
03-20-2010, 01:24 PM
A team of PSD posters can drop at least 80 on them

Miltown34
03-20-2010, 01:30 PM
George was 1st round pick by the Lake show

HoopsDrive
03-20-2010, 01:35 PM
When the Spurs out of all teams drop 147 on your ***, you know things have really gone down the drain. Dammnnnn.

mcgswfan
03-20-2010, 01:47 PM
No Curry (ankle sprain, second consecutive game missed by him), half of the roster was not NBA caliber players, 8 players available to play and Watson, Williams, Tolliver and Hunter are all out of the D-League, so like I said half of the roster were less than NBA quality players. I'm a Warriors fan, have been a long time and can tell you all that this always happens when we travel to San Antonio. We've only been competitive in one game out of the last 10-15 times that we've traveled down there and we have never won there since San Antonio started playing at AT&T center. So needless to say, I knew this was going to happen based on our history and was actually quite surprised that we weren't out of the game halfway through the 1st period, which usually happens.

Corey
03-20-2010, 01:51 PM
and were going against the greatest PF ever

That really has nothing to do with it considering Duncan only dropped 17.

d79cheese
03-20-2010, 01:58 PM

when you only have like 7 guys suiting up, then that is pretty much most of the team, especially when you include cj watson

MrFastBreak
03-20-2010, 02:06 PM
the reason this high score total happened is because the warriors shot blockers are all injured...

randolph, turiaf, and biedrins are all injured...

san an just had to attack the rim and they were going to have a high scoring total no matter what

What an excuse. Both of Portland's key defensive bigmen are gone and theyre not shabby at all on that end. Whether or not Randolph, Turiaf, or Biedrins are playing, theyre still a poor defensive team.

Giraffes Rule
03-20-2010, 02:40 PM
When the Spurs out of all teams drop 147 on your ***, you know things have really gone down the drain. Dammnnnn.

The Spurs are 14th in the league in scoring this season. It's not like they're some pathetic 90 ppg squad. :rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
03-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Do you guys realize thats the most amount of points they've ever scored and they didn't even have Tony Parker? Golden State's D is so pathetic they should be suspended as a team. First Brandon Jennings makes a total spectacle of them and now this..... if it wasn't so corny I might almost give them a facepalm!

MrFastBreak
03-20-2010, 02:51 PM
The Spurs are 14th in the league in scoring this season. It's not like they're some pathetic 90 ppg squad. :rolleyes:

Thats middle of the pack if you ask me. If youre looking at something thats adjusting for pace, they're sitting pretty good, ranking 9th in offensive efficiency

Giraffes Rule
03-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Thats middle of the pack if you ask me. If youre looking at something thats adjusting for pace, they're sitting pretty good, ranking 9th in offensive efficiency

Well yeah, there's only 30 teams but they're still in the top half. The Spurs are also 6th in points differential and FG%. My point is they're not a bad offensive team like they have been in the past.

MrFastBreak
03-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Help me out here, bro and let me in on the years they were a bad offensive team.

asandhu23
03-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Do you guys realize thats the most amount of points they've ever scored and they didn't even have Tony Parker? Golden State's D is so pathetic they should be suspended as a team. First Brandon Jennings makes a total spectacle of them and now this..... if it wasn't so corny I might almost give them a facepalm!

8 ****ing players... 4 d-leaguers, 1 guy at the end of his career, 1 guy who went undrafted. you expect us to put up a fight? :facepalm:

Mr.Nate30
03-20-2010, 03:40 PM
here some stats
65% fg
39 assists
90 points in the paint
77 first half points
44 3rd quater points

MrFastBreak
03-20-2010, 03:59 PM
People continue to keep using these injury arguments until they're blue in the face, I see. The Warriors werent doing well at all when most of those players who are injured now were playing last season, am I right? They won what, 29 games? Their EWP was 36% and their PD was in the negatives. How first class

heathonater
03-20-2010, 04:29 PM
this is more indicative of how little defense golden state plays each game. san antonio isnt one of the higher scoring teams in the league, yet they can drop almost 150 on the warriors.

asandhu23
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
People continue to keep using these injury arguments until they're blue in the face, I see. The Warriors werent doing well at all when most of those players who are injured now were playing last season, am I right? They won what, 29 games? Their EWP was 36% and their PD was in the negatives. How first class

there were injuries last year as well. 2 years straight of injuries. this year is way worse. on top of that, last year we led the league in "at the buzzer" losses. what the hell is this BS about "first class"?

robbnen#31
03-20-2010, 04:36 PM
there were injuries last year as well. 2 years straight of injuries. this year is way worse. on top of that, last year we led the league in "at the buzzer" losses. what the hell is this BS about "first class"?

That was the issue last year, and we thought injuries were bad then... I remember posts prior to this season along the lines of injuries can't possibly get any worse than last year, and they did.

shep33
03-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I was watching the Lakers vs. Warriors game last week, and the Lakers dropped 124 and the Lakers turned the ball over 24 times. Gstate's defense is terrible, its really a combination of the style they play, and them having no bigs whatsoever.

That's one of the most amazing stats i've seen though, 24 turnovers and the opposing team still wins and scores 124.

Spurs just picked them apart no question, haha they were too organized for the warriors.

arkanian215
03-20-2010, 05:14 PM
surprising since TP is out.

JayW_1023
03-21-2010, 08:48 PM
The Spurs are looking better and better as the season closes. Manu is Manu again and I love what George Hill brings to the table. Parker makes us better offensively but Hill is better defensively.

iFYouSeekAmy
03-22-2010, 01:34 AM
If I'd remember..

Two seasons ago, Warriors didn't make the playoffs with the record of 48 wins.
Last season, it was injuries that made them have 29 wins.
This season, it was more injuries, and half of the games Warriors just gave away due to fatigue and ref "officiating".

8 players that are pretty much gassed out, consists of 4 D-Leaguers, and 1 undrafted.

Warriors do not have any bigs, therefore, raped in the paint. Along with that, there are no substitutes for foul trouble.

Please, players can't play heavy minutes for consecutive games. Players are never the same after a season with 40+ minutes.

If you actually watch the Warriors play, almost 60% of their games are at least competitive for the whole game.

J-Relo
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Suns > Spurs

avrpatsfan
03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
8 ****ing players... 4 d-leaguers, 1 guy at the end of his career, 1 guy who went undrafted. you expect us to put up a fight? :facepalm:

You're right. This thread just turned into a hate on Golden State thread. Golden State is depleted and terrible. They only really have one solid player in Ellis. Congrats to the Spurs, but it's not a big achievement.

avrpatsfan
03-22-2010, 10:10 AM
If I'd remember..

Two seasons ago, Warriors didn't make the playoffs with the record of 48 wins.
Last season, it was injuries that made them have 29 wins.
This season, it was more injuries, and half of the games Warriors just gave away due to fatigue and ref "officiating".

8 players that are pretty much gassed out, consists of 4 D-Leaguers, and 1 undrafted.

Warriors do not have any bigs, therefore, raped in the paint. Along with that, there are no substitutes for foul trouble.

Please, players can't play heavy minutes for consecutive games. Players are never the same after a season with 40+ minutes.

If you actually watch the Warriors play, almost 60% of their games are at least competitive for the whole game.

Great post. They have had serious bad luck.

king4day
03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm surprised this thread was created. The warriors have been marred with injuries and they are an up tempo style team. If they can't make their shots, the other team likely will.
The Spurs have never had a problem staying with fast paced team as they beat up the Suns plenty of times in the past.
Anyone ripping on GS has to stop. It's not like they have top notch talent playing and are underachieving.