PDA

View Full Version : The Future of The Griz?

SluggeR
03-19-2010, 05:28 PM
The Griz have a young and up and coming team. Over the years many franchises have had the same, but things don't always pan out. Whether it's players not living up to expectations, management not being devoted to winning, etc. The way the team is constructed now, I think about what does the team need to put them over the top? I can't go that far because of the uncertainty of Rudy Gay. I think this offseason will be very essential to the franchises near future. Is this franchise gonna hold on to their talent an establish a core that can compete with the big boys if the right pieces are put around them. Or will this franchise just become training ground for good talent until they move on in free agency? The team has two young bigs that both have game altering skills, a vet pf that brings a toughness to the squad(w/an eventual nice looking expiring contract), a two guard that has star written all over him, a wingplayer with the young T-Mac type skills, and a young pg that is very steady. With all that being said, how do griz fans feel about the future of the ballclub(explain)?

mzgrizz
03-20-2010, 10:42 PM
If we keep the core together, and by that I mean our current starters, and still look for some solid bench support(PG,2 guard,SF) that is consistent.....the bench can be part of what's already there....nowhere to go but up, baby!!!!!!

I Am Awesome-O
03-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Obviously it's bright and sunny. The real question is how bright and sunny?

mrgajones1
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
i definately think it is bright, we have the cap space, good draft options, and keeping the core group. i think we should try and get Collison from N.O., or pick up Bledsoe in the draft, if he comes out. Also if we still have a late pick, go after Devin Downey if all else fails.