PDA

View Full Version : Superstar to houston this summer

rockets-fan
03-19-2010, 01:22 PM
ok im not one of those dream fans that imagins lb23 in houston...but i wanted to know the odds of it happeneing. what are the odds thast sny of these players take a pay cut in order to make a run for a championship along side yao, brooks, martin and scola??

BOSH
LEBRON
WADE
AMARE

RaptorizedKevin
03-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Not gonna happen. sorry.

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Nope

BOSTON617
03-19-2010, 01:31 PM
:facepalm:X 10000000000000000000000000000000

thescore53
03-19-2010, 01:32 PM
lebron is the only one that will win a championship in that team

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
lol Houston doesn't have any cap space, so the chances are absolute zero

RaptorizedKevin
03-19-2010, 01:34 PM
If the b ulls had more cap, they'd be the best team to go to. If they could afford two max contracts like the knicks, everyone would go to them and they'd be huge.

Derrick rose
Wade
Deng
Stoudemire
Noah

crazy lineup

GodsSon
03-19-2010, 01:34 PM
lol houston doesn't have any cap space, so the chances are absolute zero

+1

Chronz
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
lol Houston doesn't have any cap space, so the chances are absolute zero

lol you dont NEED cap space to make it happen, you only need assets.

Chronz
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
+1

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM

Divided by 4

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
if one of the big names wants to do a sign and trade, it would work. EXAMPLE (so dont get your panties in a bunch). Bosh tells Toronto he will not resign with them, but he wants that 6th year on his deal, and not to just walk out on Toronto. They sign him to a max deal, then trade him for Scola, Lowry, Battier, and a 2nd round pick in order to get a PF replacement, and some exprings. If anyone listened to Morey after the McGrady trade, he stated that a sign and trade is what he will most likely be looking for. The Knicks for example have nothing to trade now that they have cleared so much space. The stars are leaving money on the table by signing outright with another team. Now, its totally possible that LeBron for example, would sign a 3 year deal so he could then be up for contract renewal at 29 years old, and then sign that huge deal.
But the prospects are there for sure, but it must be done in a sign and trade. Remember, Houston has a lot of assets. A great GM. Players love Houston. Do not be surprised if a big FA lands there via s&t

pebloemer
03-19-2010, 01:38 PM

This is true. Although I'd imagine that at least one of the assets listed in the opening post (Martin, Brooks, Scola, Yao) would be likely to go to the team trading the superstar player. Although it is not necessary as other assets (Ariza, Battier, draft picks, Hill), are in Houston's possession too. I actually wouldn't be too surprised to see Bosh go there in a sign and trade deal.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 01:40 PM
as long as Houston can retain Yao and Martin, everyone else is expendable, at a certain point that is. Houston would win that trade

Chronz
03-19-2010, 01:43 PM
This is true. Although I'd imagine that at least one of the assets listed in the opening post (Martin, Brooks, Scola, Yao) would be likely to go to the team trading the superstar player. Although it is not necessary as other assets (Ariza, Battier, draft picks, Hill), are in Houston's possession too. I actually wouldn't be too surprised to see Bosh go there in a sign and trade deal.

Its what Rap fans should be hoping for if Bosh wanted to leave, that he leave while giving the team something in return. The trick is getting Scola to commit to the idea, if not then it would have to be something like Battier or Ariza (either one would fit the Raps defensive needs). But Im not sure of the restrictions, can the Rockets sign and trade both Lowry and Scola, if so they have the assets, if not then it gets abit trickier.

How about Calderon+Bosh for Scola/Brooks/Battier or Ariza. Isnt that a fair package, seriously what weakness would the Rockets have?

rockets-fan
03-19-2010, 01:45 PM
lebron is the only one that will win a championship in that team

wats wrong with you? imagin these line ups

brooks
martin
ariza
bosh
yao

brooks
wade
ariza
scola
yao

brooks
martin
ariza
amare
yao

how exactly can those lineups not win?
they have already beat teams like denver,lakers,dallas, without yao. they beat them with no supertars or stars period. so how could those lineups not win?

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I think Battier would need to be part of any deal as well. He is an expiring, and holds a lot of financial value to balance the trade.

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 01:46 PM

yes, but his question was 'what are the odds thast sny of these players take a pay cut in order to make a run for a championship along side yao, brooks, martin and scola??'

they have 0 cap space, and he listed all the assets they have. So the chances are absolute zero.

so I'm just gunna send that lol right back at you and maybe even up it to a lmao

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 01:47 PM
wats wrong with you? imagin these line ups

brooks
martin
ariza
bosh
yao

brooks
wade
ariza
scola
yao

brooks
martin
ariza
amare
yao

how exactly can those lineups not win?
they have already beat teams like denver,lakers,dallas, without yao. they beat them with no supertars or stars period. so how could those lineups not win?

Brooks may need to be part of a deal though to get one of these guys. But even substituting Lowry as the starting PG with Martin, Ariza, Bosh, and Yao, with Hill, Budinger, Hayes, and then go sign Camby to a mid level, and you have a contender, easily

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 01:48 PM
yes, but his question was 'what are the odds thast sny of these players take a pay cut in order to make a run for a championship along side yao, brooks, martin and scola??'

they have 0 cap space, and he listed all the assets they have. So the chances are absolute zero.

so I'm just gunna send that lol right back at you and maybe even up it to a lmao

you are missing the point entirely. The Rockets have the contracts (maybe that word works better for you), and talent (combine these phrases, and we get "assets"), to package some young talent, and expirings, and could even add a pick, to go and balance a trade to take on a $18-20 million a year deal.
Do you understand now?

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Battier, Scola (who would have to agree to a sign and trade), Lowry, and a restricted first round pick equal $20 million. That should simplify it for you

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 01:52 PM
yeah but your dreaming if these so called 'assets' are enough to get one of those 4, absolutely dreaming. Without the players he mentioned your left with ariza, Battier, Hill and those future Knicks picks. I'm certain if it came to a sign and trade, those other teams would go elsewhere or ask for at least one of the 4 the original poster mentioned that they would be playing alongside (yao, brooks, martin and scola)

Chronz
03-19-2010, 01:56 PM

Except that my lol was justified and yours was a sign of confusion, you see they would be getting MORE money than if they signed for a team WITH cap space. Your lol isnt justified, mine was. I dont think you understand the point of a sign and trade, the player would do it so that he can carry his birdrights over to the new team.

Saying the odds are absolute zero makes you sound like a guy who knows nothing of the nba.

rockets-fan
03-19-2010, 01:57 PM
yeah but your dreaming if these so called 'assets' are enough to get one of those 4, absolutely dreaming. Without the players he mentioned your left with ariza, Battier, Hill and those future Knicks picks. I'm certain if it came to a sign and trade, those other teams would go elsewhere or ask for at least one of the 4 the original poster mentioned (yao, brooks, martin and scola)

ok to me this is the most realistic

a s&t with toronto

toronto gets scola battier and pick???

houston gets bosh

i think toronto rather have scola and battier and pick for bosh better than just lettin him walk. so we would be left with still great players

brooks
martin
ariza
bosh
yao

bench:
lowry
taylor?
budinger
hill
anderson(possibly camby)

eugene
03-19-2010, 01:58 PM
superstar is what they exactly need... sorry to say but no cap space for that...

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
yeah but your dreaming if these so called 'assets' are enough to get one of those 4, absolutely dreaming. Without the players he mentioned your left with ariza, Battier, Hill and those future Knicks picks. I'm certain if it came to a sign and trade, those other teams would go elsewhere or ask for at least one of the 4 the original poster mentioned (yao, brooks, martin and scola)

If Bosh wants out, what leverage does Toronto have? Its not like trading a player at the deadline. Essentially, the original question, I assume, is that one of these stars had decided to leave their current franchise, and would Houston be able to acquire one. And the answer is yes, depending on what they are willing to give up.
Lets say Bosh says he is leaving. Would you not try to get a replacement at PF (Scola), cap relief (Battier/Jeffries), and a future protected 1st rounder?? Or are you just going to let him walk away. Are there other teams that have assets? Yes. But remember, the player needs to be in agreement where they go as well, which limits you to trading that player to an attractive place. If Yao and Martin are there, with Ariza, and either Brooks or Lowry, and Houston is already an attractive place for players, this is how it happens.

Its not a pipe dream. Are you forgetting who the general manager of the Houston Rockets is?

dstruong
03-19-2010, 02:00 PM
leave the jazz fan alone. we all know they are not the brightest of the bunch.

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Except that they would be getting MORE money than if they signed for a team WITH cap space. Your lol isnt justified, mine was. I dont think you understand the point of a sign and trade, the player would do it so that he can carry his birdrights over to the new team.

Saying the odds are absolute zero makes you sound like a guy who knows nothing of the nba.

well for one, his question said what are the chances the player takes a PAY CUT to play with yao, brooks, martin and scola.

do you even pay attention to the original posters question/argument before wading in and cruelly lol'ing at people :laugh2:

sep11ie
03-19-2010, 02:02 PM
We've had this conversation in the Rockets forum a hundred times. Morey will make a S/T. Battier, Jeffries, and Anderson are all expiring contracts, Hill, Budinger, Taylor are good young pieces, and they have 4 1sts in the next 3 years(2 of which could be quite high).

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 02:02 PM
leave the jazz fan alone. we all know they are not the brightest of the bunch.

hey I think I've already one upped alot of your guys inteligence by actually reading the OPs question

Chronz
03-19-2010, 02:03 PM
yeah but your dreaming if these so called 'assets' are enough to get one of those 4, absolutely dreaming. Without the players he mentioned your left with ariza, Battier, Hill and those future Knicks picks. I'm certain if it came to a sign and trade, those other teams would go elsewhere or ask for at least one of the 4 the original poster mentioned that they would be playing alongside (yao, brooks, martin and scola)
LOL so called assets? Now your sounding desperate.

They would be left with either
Brooks or Lowry at the PG (either one is more than adequate)
Kevin Martin (Perfect high efficiency compliment to a star)
Battier or Ariza (Perfect defensive minded, high efficiency compliment, on extremely limited possessions)
Bosh
Yao (Perfect compliment to Bosh as he hides his defensive weaknesses and maximizes his strengths)

So they trade Scola,(Brooks/Lowry), Battier, and they have several lottery picks in the next 2 years they could throw in to sweeten the deal.

sep11ie
03-19-2010, 02:05 PM

Jimbob, your better than this.

sep11ie
03-19-2010, 02:07 PM
superstar is what they exactly need... sorry to say but no cap space for that...

Damn girl, read other posts before you post.:facepalm:

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 02:09 PM
LOL so called assets? Now your sounding desperate.

They would be left with either
Brooks or Lowry at the PG (either one is more than adequate)
Kevin Martin (Perfect high efficiency compliment to a star)
Battier or Ariza (Perfect defensive minded, high efficiency compliment, on extremely limited possessions)
Bosh
Yao (Perfect compliment to Bosh as he hides his defensive weaknesses and maximizes his strengths)

So they trade Scola,(Brooks/Lowry), Battier, and they have several lottery picks in the next 2 years they could throw in to sweeten the deal.

yes but again, you are going off topic as I'll remind you of the original question once again chronz.

'but i wanted to know the odds of it happeneing. what are the odds thast sny of these players take a pay cut in order to make a run for a championship along side yao, brooks, martin and scola??'

In regards to this thread and the question posed. What are the chances that Houston can sign one of the big 4, on a pay cut, in a sign and trade that doesnt involve Scola who you repeatedly put in your trade scenarios.

Again I'm sticking with absolute zero

now if I delve off topic like you then yah, if Houston goes all out with their salary offer and makes the deal with Scola signed cheap with the addition of the picks then I see some possibility. Without one of those 4 I can see teams taking the 20 million cap space than taking on those expirings, especialy the Suns with Amare who like to cut costs.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 02:09 PM
yes, jimbob, the original statment asked if a pay cut would be involved, and the answer is no. Now, moving on, the rest is all valid

Chronz
03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
well for one, his question said what are the chances the player takes a PAY CUT to play with yao, brooks, martin and scola.

do you even pay attention to the original posters question/argument before wading in and cruelly lol'ing at people :laugh2:
Re-read the post, where is the paycut?

Do you pay attention to how a conversation progresses?

Hawkeye15
yes but again, you are going off topic as I'll remind you of the original question once again chronz.

'but i wanted to know the odds of it happeneing. what are the odds thast sny of these players take a pay cut in order to make a run for a championship along side yao, brooks, martin and scola??'

In regards to this thread and the question posed. What are the chances that Houston can sign one of the big 4, on a pay cut, in a sign and trade that doesnt involve Scola who you repeatedly put in your trade scenarios.

Again I'm sticking with absolute zero

now if I delve off topic like you then yah, if Houston goes all out with their salary offer and makes the deal with Scola signed cheap with the addition of the picks then I see some possibility.

notice a few of us deflected straight to the sign and trade which means we understand that we aren't keeping our whole roster and getting a stud to take a pay cut. You have made your point, and we have made ours. It was pointed out by myself that no, Houston can not get a star without a sign and trade, and it was pointed out by chronz that cap space is not the only way to acquire talent, both of which you understand.
So where is the argument at this point?
move on everyone

Jahari Kavi

LMAO, hahaha...but yeah we have assets....liiiiiiiiike Yao's expiring.....hmmmmmm

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 02:15 PM
LMAO, hahaha...but yeah we have assets....liiiiiiiiike Yao's expiring.....hmmmmmm

Yao won't be traded.

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Re-read the post, where is the paycut?

Do you pay attention to how a conversation progresses?

ok im not one of those dream fans that imagins lb23 in houston...but i wanted to know the odds of it happeneing. what are the odds thast sny of these players take a pay cut in order to make a run for a championship along side yao, brooks, martin and scola??

BOSH
LEBRON
WADE
AMARE

you lol'd at me for saying they have no cap space to even make that happen, and I've been fighting to win your affections and have that taken back. Screw the developing conversation!

Chapin78
yes, jimbob, the original statment asked if a pay cut would be involved, and the answer is no. Now, moving on, the rest is all valid

This guy obviously can't think outside of the box just let him stay with the question and think little. Bottom line is that it really doesn't matter how the Rockets get a superstar it matters that they get one. I'm with you on how the Rockets could possibly do a sign and trade.

Chronz
ok jimbob, its zero percent, good thing no Rox fans are thinking along those lines. But its good that you understand OUR point now.

dstruong
i understand what your trying to say.. Yes Houston has no money to sign a player out right.

but according to this statement you made

where else would these teams go for a sign and trade. Houston has the best assets to trade away while still having a solid team that would contend.

let’s see how intelligent you are now.

hey I think I've already one upped alot of your guys inteligence by actually reading the OPs question

RelaxedFan
03-19-2010, 02:17 PM
I could be wrong, but this sign and trade does NOT have to include any real talent.

It just has to fit on salaries. Team X is getting something (instead of nothing) for Player A leaving.

Anderson, Jeffries and Battier = the salary of a max contract in the 1st year. Throw in a 2nd rounder and a protected 1st and it's a fair trade for any team.

Again, they are getting something instead of nothing. Player A has the leverage not Team X.

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 02:19 PM
notice a few of us deflected straight to the sign and trade which means we understand that we aren't keeping our whole roster and getting a stud to take a pay cut. You have made your point, and we have made ours. It was pointed out by myself that no, Houston can not get a star without a sign and trade, and it was pointed out by chronz that cap space is not the only way to acquire talent, both of which you understand.
So where is the argument at this point?
move on everyone

ok, cool man. If the thread was called 'can Morey swing a sign and trade for a big fish 2010 free agent' then I would have just gone along with you and left it at that.

I still think the way the original poster phrases it sounds like he thinks the Rockets have cap space though.

Chronz
03-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Forget everything he said, he wasnt talking to us, he was talking through us to the OP.

Chronz
03-19-2010, 02:21 PM
ok, cool man. If the thread was called 'can Morey swing a sign and trade for a big fish 2010 free agent' then I would have just gone along with you and left it at that.

I still think the way the original poster phrases it sounds like he thinks the Rockets have cap space though.
Thats why the rest of us, rather than offer nothing to the conversation, expanded on the idea (That Houston could get a star) while still having a solid core.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 02:21 PM

you are correct on a primitive level here. The original post/question is not a possibility. However, it was redirected quickly into HOW the Rockets can get one, of which you fought against, hence the slack you are taking.
Peace dude

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 02:22 PM
ok jimbob, its zero percent, good thing no Rox fans are thinking along those lines. But its good that you understand OUR point now.

:dance2:

now thats out the way, I agree with your points Chronz, you have a shot at one of these guys, especialy with Morey. Still, so do a number of other teams around the league, we'll just have to wait until July.

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Thats why the rest of us, rather than offer nothing to the conversation, expanded on the idea (That Houston could get a star) while still having a solid core.

well to be fair, I made my first post before all that malarky began and you cruelly shot me down with a lol, and I've been on a crusade to have that taken back as all I had to go on was the original post. That was my only point but I think we've blown it out of proportion due to your hardcore seriousness on the issue.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
chronz is hardcore around the clock. No letdowns!

Nicolasvon
03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Not good my friend.

Dpop07
03-19-2010, 02:30 PM
You guys are making me sick with this banter, the point of the post is to see if Houston could land a big name free agent, outright: no. sign and trade: possibly.

I think they should hone in on Bosh as he could be one fish they could actually catch. He is a Dallas native so he would be interested in coming closer to home and putting him in that lineup with martin and yao is really a perfect situation. sign and trades are very difficult to pull off and there are many senarios where he teams up with another free agent and goes to a NY or MIA.

EVERY GM is anxious to get to the offseason so they can make their best offer (whether sign and trade or outright) to one of these big names. Every fan can dream, so keep dreaming houston...who knows...you got a shot.

jimbobjarree
03-19-2010, 02:35 PM
chronz is hardcore around the clock. No letdowns!

as I found out the hard way

note to self: dont joke about in any form when chronz is in the building

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 02:39 PM
as I found out the hard way

note to self: dont joke about in any form when chronz is in the building

I love chronz, but he is like a pissed off girlfriend when he gets in an argument. Only unlike a woman, he [I]usually[I] argues with rational

29$JerZ
03-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Knicks could offer Lee :shrug:

Don't see Houston giving up too much for Bosh even though the fit would be perfect and Bosh is from Texas.

They don't have many pieces to make contracts match up since Yao/Martin take a huge amount of money from the team. Wouldn't Ariza/Battier/Scola basically deplete the team?

b_russ
03-19-2010, 02:43 PM
jimbob + chronz + hawkeye = :horse:

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 02:46 PM

Don't see Houston giving up too much for Bosh even though the fit would be perfect and Bosh is from Texas.

They don't have many pieces to make contracts match up since Yao/Martin take a huge amount of money from the team. Wouldn't Ariza/Battier/Scola basically deplete the team?

Brooks, Lowry, Martin, Yao, Hill, Budinger, Hayes, and picks galore would be left, and they could go over the cap to sign Camby for example with their mid level.

sep11ie
03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Scola>Lee

Scola+Battier and a 1st should do it on a S/T

Chronz
03-19-2010, 02:51 PM
well to be fair, I made my first post before all that malarky began and you cruelly shot me down with a lol, and I've been on a crusade to have that taken back as all I had to go on was the original post. That was my only point but I think we've blown it out of proportion due to your hardcore seriousness on the issue.
I took it as an insult on behalf of Rox fans, but yea I did overreact. I dont know why but I have a hard time letting go when a Jazz fan says anything bad about the Rockets, even if he has a point.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Scola>Lee

Scola+Battier and a 1st should do it on a S/T

Scola would have to sign a deal for $13 million a year then. Nope. It will have to include 3 players, and a pick. Battier for sure would be one.

CBCable
03-19-2010, 03:08 PM
it's so funny that people talk about yao ming like he's still even a factor.

before the season started, they determined his injury might be career-ending. of course, he ended up ONLY missing the year.

having your banner hopes ride on yao ming is akin to trusting an 82 buick with a bad engine to get you cross country. it ain't happening.

pebloemer
03-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Its what Rap fans should be hoping for if Bosh wanted to leave, that he leave while giving the team something in return. The trick is getting Scola to commit to the idea, if not then it would have to be something like Battier or Ariza (either one would fit the Raps defensive needs). But Im not sure of the restrictions, can the Rockets sign and trade both Lowry and Scola, if so they have the assets, if not then it gets abit trickier.

How about Calderon+Bosh for Scola/Brooks/Battier or Ariza. Isnt that a fair package, seriously what weakness would the Rockets have?

That would be something along the lines of what I was thinking. Although the salaries would have to match. I'm sure with Houston's interest in Bosh at the deadline, their collection of assets, the Raptor's struggling and Bosh being able to move to a contender closer to home - the option of a sign and trade to Houston is likely going through Colangelo's mind. I think it is a very realistic possibility if the numbers work. Adding Calderon or Turk to the deal would help the Raps long-term IMO, but it seems to make the numbers more difficult to iron out.

But back to the focus of the thread, Houston can definitely be a player for a big name this summer with their assets. But they are likely to lose one or two other big pieces in the process.

Portland is another team I can see being able to making something happen with their assets in a similar fashion.

Chronz
03-19-2010, 03:22 PM

before the season started, they determined his injury might be career-ending. of course, he ended up ONLY missing the year.

having your banner hopes ride on yao ming is akin to trusting an 82 buick with a bad engine to get you cross country. it ain't happening.
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, funny comparison though. But imagine that buick modded out, and no longer having to travel across the country but only half and on its terms. The Rox shouldnt expect Yao to carry the team anymore or log heavy minutes. But he will be a factor.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Yao at 60% is a better center then over half the league sports. Add Bosh, and Martin, and you just fill in the blanks around them.
Yao is an unknown, sure. But if he can come back and give Houston 60 games, and playoffs, while being shielded minute wise, then that is all we can expect of him
Another reason to go after Bosh, then sign Camby outright for the mid level

sep11ie
03-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Scola would have to sign a deal for $13 million a year then. Nope. It will have to include 3 players, and a pick. Battier for sure would be one.

Not true. Whats the max money at, 15-17 million? Battier makes 7 million, so Scola would just have to make 8-10 million. Plus on trades you only have to get the salaries within something like 25%, i.e. you could trade a 17.5 million dollar contract for a 20 million dollar contract.

CBCable
03-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, funny comparison though. But imagine that buick modded out, and no longer having to travel across the country but only half and on its terms. The Rox shouldnt expect Yao to carry the team anymore or log heavy minutes. But he will be a factor.

Z's actually a great example, good point. I do hope Yao finds the balance Z has, and hopefully that extends his career. The Rockets need to accomodate him in that aspect as well.

Either way, I would probably take my chances on that modded buick you mentioned.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Not true. Whats the max money at, 15-17 million? Battier makes 7 million, so Scola would just have to make 8-10 million. Plus on trades you only have to get the salaries within something like 25%, i.e. you could trade a 17.5 million dollar contract for a 20 million dollar contract.

its around $20 million to start. Battier 7.5, cap hold of 1.5 for a pick, now you need to get up to 18.5 or so. So Scola would need round $10 million a year. I personally wouldn't pay him that. But this is just nitpicking, sorry

Spurred1
03-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Yao needs to stop playing for China in the offseason. Hope he's not planning to continue doing that. Quite a bit does depend on Yao's health-I would think players mulling over Houston would consider that a deciding factor.
Hopefully Yao will be reasonably healthy, the Rockets sign a backup center, and they get their star. Martin also needs to stay healthy. But part of the appeal of the Rockets is their hardworking scrappy core-players that will be used in a trade to land the star.
Be interesting to see what happens this offseason.

astrosmaniac
03-19-2010, 05:03 PM

jeffries and andersen are like 11 mil in expirings. battier is 7 mil in expiring. and scola would be resigned as part of the deal, so thats another 4-6 mil

footballer2369
03-19-2010, 05:08 PM
its around $20 million to start. Battier 7.5, cap hold of 1.5 for a pick, now you need to get up to 18.5 or so. So Scola would need round $10 million a year. I personally wouldn't pay him that. But this is just nitpicking, sorry

No. It's closer to 17 for the players he named. Its around 20 for the players with more service time ala Dirk etc. You'd still have to pay Scola at least 7-8 mil, but he's easily worth that when Varajao and Bargs and more are getting that +.

Hawkeye15
03-19-2010, 05:10 PM
No. It's closer to 17 for the players he named. Its around 20 for the players with more service time ala Dirk etc.

what is the base year for a max deal for Bosh, a player with 7 years?

ldc62
03-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Priorities:
1) Lebron
2) Bosh
3) Amare???-Not sure I really want him though...

rockets-fan
03-19-2010, 05:25 PM

our hopes would be on bosh...maybe even brooks and martin...lately idk of a backcourt better than those two. im not saying theyre the best, im saying they have been playing the best...its like they both average 20 ppg lately

we dont need yao to carry us, only to help us.

HouRealCoach
03-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Rockets can get a veteran star for MLE this summer