PDA

View Full Version : If OKC picked Evans instead of Harden

JayW_1023
03-19-2010, 09:20 AM
How good would they be? Third seed? Or higher?

DLeeicious
03-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Scary good for years to come.

BigEric
03-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Mmm, say they tanked THIS season as well, and landed Cousins. Their lineup would look like
Cousins, Green, Durant, Evans, Westbrook. That would be just sick.

YoungOne
03-19-2010, 09:36 AM
i don't think evans would fit in this team with westbrook already at the point...harden is right that what they needed a good unselfish comboguard of the bench

clehmun
03-19-2010, 09:42 AM
i think harden is pretty good. effective in limited minutes.
just putting this out there as a possiblity, but if OKC picked evans instead of harden, people would be talking about how good harden's gona be in the future, a ROY candidate, and what would happen if OKC picked harden instead.

king4day
03-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Probably worse.
I could be wrong but isn't Westbrook having a better year?

Evans doesn't fit that team no matter how good he is.

The better question would have been, what if Memphis picked Evans instead. Playoffs for sure.

bostncelts34
03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
not any better. Evans demands the ball. He would not get it enough to be effective on OKC

GSW Hoops
03-19-2010, 09:56 AM
They'd have the best up-and-coming 1-2 punch in the NBA with Evans and Durant.

Iodine
03-19-2010, 10:01 AM
I honestly think the thunder would have more talent but how do you get 4 really good young players enough shots?

RaptorizedKevin
03-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Evans is a SG. And no, alot of other teamates wouldnt be getting their touches because evans is the first option. Damm i thought tyreke would sink all the way down to night, cuss in all the mock drafts, not many people had him D:.

IndyRealist
03-19-2010, 10:11 AM
I doubt there would be enough basketballs on the court for a lineup of Westbrook, Evans, and Durant.

avrpatsfan
03-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Mmm, say they tanked THIS season as well, and landed Cousins. Their lineup would look like
Cousins, Green, Durant, Evans, Westbrook. That would be just sick.

That lineup could win the championship.

arkanian215
03-19-2010, 10:30 AM
i thought harden was one of the most nba ready guys out there in last years draft. he did a lot of things, and a couple things well.

PrettyBoyJ
03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
I think if they picked Evans they would get the same production there getting from harden.. You have a prolific scorer in durant and a rising star in Westbrook.. And you got green who has to get his touches.. Now remember earlier in the season wen Kevin Martin was healthy and was avg. 30 a game Tyreke Evans was not a factor he was avg 9 ppg.. Only wen Kevin Martin was out it gave Evans an oppurtunity to step up and show case his skills and make K-Mart expendable.. So I think it wud be the same result in okc before the K-Mart injury

JNA17
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
if the blazers picked durant over oden, would they be title contenders?

cwilson21
03-19-2010, 10:38 AM
They'd have a sick *** group of talent but I agree that it'd have been harder for him to succeed when Durant and Westbrook need the ball just as much. If Westbrook was more of a Rubio type PG, then Evans and Durant would be very nasty on that team.

Carey
03-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Bout the same, Evans is fantastic but Harden is by far the better fit. We dont shoot the ball well from outside and Harden has instantly become our best shooter besides KD. Plus he distributes like a point guard, plus he doesnt need the ball in his hands to be effective.

Raph12
03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Evans isn't a very good shooter so idk, Westbrook and Evans on the wings to dish to out of a double with the clock winding down?

Mikeleafs
03-19-2010, 11:11 AM
I would probably stop watching basketball cuz they'd dominate the league for many years to come! LOL

MJ-BULLS
03-19-2010, 11:12 AM
if the thunder had Tyreke Evans. in my opinion he wouldn't fit that well with the team, Evans is mostly a ball dominant player. who will handle the ball more, Westbrook or Evans.

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Not sure if Evans & Westbrook would play well together, Harden is the better fit, Evans is the better player.

td0tsfinest
03-19-2010, 02:36 PM
i don't think evans would fit in this team with westbrook already at the point...harden is right that what they needed a good unselfish comboguard of the bench

I agree. Both Westbrook and Evans need the ball in their hands, Evans is an amazing player but I think Harden is a good fit for that team.

Chronz
03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I understand the point about him taking touches away from Westbrook and they dont really compliment eachother well but they wouldnt be awful. Thabo has a really poor offensive game and Westbrook does alright with him. Still Harden has a better off the ball game from what Ive seen, but hes still not doing as well as I had imagined. I say lateral improvement, maybe a win or 2 better.

Derick713
03-19-2010, 03:18 PM
If Evans was drafted by the Thunder he would likely not get the mins or shots that he does with the Kings. Maybe James Harden would have similar stats if he was playing with the Kings. James Harden's game is a better fit with the Thunder.

WHAT THE THUNDER COULD'VE LOOKED LIKE AFTER 2010
Russell Westbrook/Erick Maynor/
Tyreke Evans/Thabo Sefalosha/
Kevin Durant/Bill Walker/
Chris Bosh/Carl Landry/
Marc Gasol/Serge Ibaka/BJ Mullens/

lakerssssssss
03-19-2010, 07:28 PM
I don;t think evans will be a good fit in OKC.

bosoxlover12
03-19-2010, 07:55 PM

Brandon Roy, Aldrich, and Durant? tell me this: in 08, the celts won it with their big 3

Roy>Allen
Durant>Pierce
Aldrich>=< Garnett

as a celts fan, i'd rather have roy's group than bostons.

How bout if seattle had the number 5 ov. and Bos was number 2, and oden went #1??

Perkins-Garnett-Pierce-Durant-Rondo

^that team is better than ur Blazers team before

AI4MVP
03-19-2010, 08:12 PM
evans wouldnt fit with the thunder at all. evans needs the ball to be effective, and he simply wouldnt get it in oklahoma city. harden is perfect for them. hes a good outside shoooter who can catch it off druant and westbrooks penetration and score. if evans was on the thunder he wouldnt be in the rookie of the year discussion

AI4MVP
03-19-2010, 08:14 PM
but if the grizzliess drafted evans and made him the starting point guard, then the grizzlies would be fighting for homeocurt advantage right now. can u imagine evans driving to the whole and either scoring or passing it off to both mayo and gay?

astrosmaniac
03-19-2010, 08:52 PM
If Evans was drafted by the Thunder he would likely not get the mins or shots that he does with the Kings. Maybe James Harden would have similar stats if he was playing with the Kings. James Harden's game is a better fit with the Thunder.

WHAT THE THUNDER COULD'VE LOOKED LIKE AFTER 2010
Russell Westbrook/Erick Maynor/
Tyreke Evans/Thabo Sefalosha/
Kevin Durant/Bill Walker/
Chris Bosh/Carl Landry/
Marc Gasol/Serge Ibaka/BJ Mullens/

how do they magically get bosh, gasol, and landry?

Cavs_Fan24
03-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Harden is a good fit. Evans is obviously the better player but with westbrook already there it just wouldn't work.

m26555
03-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Durant and Evans together for the future would be like putting Kobe and LeBron on the same team. It just wouldn't work.

ryder78c
03-19-2010, 09:36 PM

i think Oden is still the better option for The blazers Once his big *** gets healthy! We have Batum playing good ball and he's young and if you watch Oden in the start of this year he was killing in games! until the ankle roll and the knee pop are trainers need to Brace his knees and ankles and have him lifting with his legs make them stronger......If you look at the blazers its are legs that are always hurt.... Laziness & TRAINERS FAULT once the Blazers bulk up we are gonna be a championship team I still think we are to Lanky ...ROY LA ODEN BATUM NEED TO BULK UP

ryder78c
03-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Durant and Evans together for the future would be like putting Kobe and LeBron on the same team. It just wouldn't work.

Kobe Lebron Probley Would Work!

Evans Has to be first option to be a Factor so does Durant

koreancabbage
03-19-2010, 09:41 PM

that's a good problem to have while winning some chips like the Kobe and Shaq feud lol

They would grow together to get accustomed to one another. I don't think good players like that would screw up the team on purpose for management to try to trade one of them away. (unless you're not winning) all you need afterwards is a really good young defensive Center and you got yourself a guaranteed championship for the next 5 years

JasonJohnHorn
03-19-2010, 10:03 PM
It would sound good on paper sure, but what really would have worked well for OKC would have been to trade the pick down to Goldenstate and grabbed Curry. Evans is great, but having a guy with range to spread the floor that doesn't need the ball but is capable of bring it up would make that team better.

And who knows, if Harden had gotten scooped up by the Kings he may be having a standout rookie season and Evans may have been taking a backseat to Durant and Westbrook. Harden had a solid college career and that was a solid, sensible pick by the Thunder. Hindsight is always 20/20, but "what ifs" can never be answered. If the Kings and Thunder picked the other way it could be Harden we are all going on about and Evans could be the guy dropping ten points a game.

Harden is a better three point shooter than Evans and that is a great tool for the Thunder to spread the floor. His FG% is lower, but that is because half of his shots are from behind the arc. His TS% is actually higher than Evans's (though it is a barely noticible difference). Harden is a good fit for the Thunder, and if you compare his per-36 minute stats with Evans, he's actually as good a rebounder, has lower turnovers (though obviously lower assists as well, in part due to the fact that ball handling duties go to Westbrook and Durant), and his steals average is actually higher than Evans.

So, I'm all in with whoever says the Thunder did well by picking Harden and that he is a better fit than Evans would have been, though Curry may have been a better for the Thunder.

Evans is likely the better player, and would, as this moment in time, be the better go to guy for a team who needed one, but Harden is a better fit for OKC and judging from OKC's record and where they were expected to finish, I gotta say, things seems to be going smoothly for them and their choices have seemed to paid off well. When Harden cuts back his personal fouls and improves his already strong three-point shooting, the OKC Thunder will be a center and a bench away from title contention, both of which they may be able to build via free agency and the draft.

Sportfan
03-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Brandon Roy, Aldrich, and Durant? tell me this: in 08, the celts won it with their big 3

Roy>Allen
Durant>Pierce
Aldrich>=< Garnett

as a celts fan, i'd rather have roy's group than bostons.

How bout if seattle had the number 5 ov. and Bos was number 2, and oden went #1??

Perkins-Garnett-Pierce-Durant-Rondo

^that team is better than ur Blazers team before
-KG would have never came here if Allen didn't.

- pierce would have demanded a trade if neither of those guys came.

So hypothetically we'd have a core of Rondo-Durant-Al Jeff-Perkins with guys like delonte west and green off the bench with a shitload of cap space.

The interesting part of all this is Boston also traded back Minny's 09 1st which was top 3 protected in this trade. Had they not gotten KG they'd have the 6th pick and last year's draft. So they could have also gotten a Brandon Jennings or Curry or Cassipi player too. :drool:

Of course this is all hypothetical

Slimsim
03-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Let just Say there would have been a lot of OKC fans on PSD.

ryder78c
03-19-2010, 10:49 PM

So hypothetically we'd have a core of Rondo-Durant-Al Jeff-Perkins with guys like delonte west and green off the bench with a shitload of cap space.

The interesting part of all this is Boston also traded back Minny's 09 1st which was top 3 protected in this trade. Had they not gotten KG they'd have the 6th pick and last year's draft. So they could have also gotten a Brandon Jennings or Curry or Cassipi player too. :drool:

Durant Wouldnt get touchs like he does in OKC if he was on the blazers

Celtics have a big three of Vets not a big 3 of young players it would of been a good team but durant still wouldnt be puttin up numbers like he does in OKC ....Blazers play Team Ball....OKC is a give the ball to durant team

bosoxlover12
03-20-2010, 10:38 AM

why are you saying that? Allen coming to Boston had very little to do with Garnett coming to Boston. Do you really think that after the draft, they thought "Hey, lets go pick up Garnett IN ONE WEEK!" No! trades take months to materialize, so Boston would already be talking about KG to Boston before the Draft. The KG deal would prob go down anyways; getting Ray Allen was a sign for KG that Boston wants a Championship, so he' lose his trade clause. You think he would want to go to Boston if they drafted Jeff Green?? no. Kevin Durant?? maybe

And also, so ur saying if we didnt trade Garnett, and we would have the #6 pick, although i dobut KG would do that bad, but then, its not Jennings, its not Curry, but is Ricky Rubio! the C's almost traded Rondo for him b4 the draft!! So tell me this, would you rather have Garnett and Rondo playing, or have Al Jefferson and Ricky Rubio?

blackjack_119
03-20-2010, 11:12 AM
why are you saying that? Allen coming to Boston had very little to do with Garnett coming to Boston. Do you really think that after the draft, they thought "Hey, lets go pick up Garnett IN ONE WEEK!" No! trades take months to materialize, so Boston would already be talking about KG to Boston before the Draft. The KG deal would prob go down anyways; getting Ray Allen was a sign for KG that Boston wants a Championship, so he' lose his trade clause. You think he would want to go to Boston if they drafted Jeff Green?? no. Kevin Durant?? maybe

And also, so ur saying if we didnt trade Garnett, and we would have the #6 pick, although i dobut KG would do that bad, but then, its not Jennings, its not Curry, but is Ricky Rubio! the C's almost traded Rondo for him b4 the draft!! So tell me this, would you rather have Garnett and Rondo playing, or have Al Jefferson and Ricky Rubio?

Allen had everything to do with Garnett going to the Celtics. Minnesota wanted to keep Garnett but he wanted to go to a contender. With out Allen, the Celtics did not look like a promising enough team. After acquiring Allen, Garnett decided that Boston was where he would like to be traded too. Trades take months to materialize? They also take minutes sometimes.

cmacmath
03-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Harden is better fit for OKC. I'm not sold that Evans is better than Westbrook and don't think they can play together in the backcourt. Both need the ball to be effective.

Thread should be entitled What if Memphis picked Evans over Thabeet.

randomness
03-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Harden is better fit for OKC. I'm not sold that Evans is better than Westbrook and don't think they can play together in the backcourt. Both need the ball to be effective.

Thread should be entitled What if Memphis picked Evans over Thabeet.

Evans-Mayo-Gay-Randolph-Gasol :drool:

blastmasta26
03-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Evans works for the Kings because he gets sufficient touches with no one else looking to score like him. On the Thunder Durant and Westbrook will prevent him from scoring while the Grizzlies have Mayo, Gay, and Randolph to prevent him from getting his. Besides, Harden was a good pick for the Thunder, he's a great fit there.

HouRealCoach
03-20-2010, 12:58 PM
The player that OKC had on their radar was Harden and Thabeet and they were the right choices... Evans wouldnt have fit that team

ragee
03-20-2010, 01:04 PM
I actually think Harden is a good fit for OKC... An unselfish SG who has a good passing skill... I don't think Westbrook and Evans will be a good fit... Just an opinion though... I watch a lot of OKC games but not that much Sacramento games so maybe I am wrong on Evans...

Corey
03-20-2010, 01:05 PM
why are you saying that? Allen coming to Boston had very little to do with Garnett coming to Boston.

You're misinformed.

Garnett rejected a potential trade to Boston for similar pieces, and only agreed after the Celtics agreed to a deal with the Sonics for Ray Allen.

Garnett wouldn't have come to Boston if we didn't obtain Ray first.

roshan3ai
03-20-2010, 01:17 PM
It wouldn't work because him and Westbrook have just about the same game. They are terrific at getting to the hoop and creating, but don't have a jumpshot. They both play good defense, but I just don't think it would work with Westbrook and Evans. Harden was the right pick.

RareAir51
03-20-2010, 03:47 PM
You have to allow guard to grow especially point guards. One of those guys would not have been able to grow at the same rate they are both growing now. Plus its not only Durant that needs the ball but Green is a big time talent also and is getting better seasons by season. Bringing another guy in that takes major touches away from him also limits his growth. You can never look at what a guy is doing somewhere else and expect that he'd be able to do it on any team. Especially when it involves taking a good player on a bad team and putting him on a good team. Think about how Hardens numbers would look if he were on a team where he was the #1 option and playing 40 minutes a game...

Jump 12 inches higher in 8 weeks $19:
http://www.program51.com

heathonater
03-20-2010, 04:30 PM
as talented as evans is, im pretty sure they could have made that work. both durant and evans would want the ball, but how many double teams would durant see each night if he had evans on the other side.

kblo247
03-20-2010, 05:08 PM
They would be in the lotto instead of the playoffs and seeing what they can get for either Evans or Westbrook and their pick during the 2010 free agency.

Evans skills and how he plays doesn't fit as all with Westbrook, Green, and Durant like Harden does since he plays off the ball and shoots jumpers.

Jack of Blades
03-20-2010, 05:12 PM
You have to allow guard to grow especially point guards. One of those guys would not have been able to grow at the same rate they are both growing now. Plus its not only Durant that needs the ball but Green is a big time talent also and is getting better seasons by season. Bringing another guy in that takes major touches away from him also limits his growth. You can never look at what a guy is doing somewhere else and expect that he'd be able to do it on any team. Especially when it involves taking a good player on a bad team and putting him on a good team. Think about how Hardens numbers would look if he were on a team where he was the #1 option and playing 40 minutes a game...

Jump 12 inches higher in 8 weeks $19:
http://www.program51.com

:pity:

zadora5
03-20-2010, 06:27 PM
i dunno they can make it work like the big three in boston they all shared the ball