PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson speaks on Kobe's field goal percent

45%str8thuggin
03-18-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't want this to be flame bait or a trolling thread. I just think by and large field goal percent is something that is ignored in the NBA.I also don't want this to be Kobe vs. Jordan. Why do people ignore field goal percent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_WNTx3gG_s

D Roses Bulls
03-18-2010, 06:56 PM
uh oh, this is gonna get ugly. first of all, phil didnt mention what he has said many of times. if jordan wanted an outside game he would of worked to get one. jordan is the only man in any sport ive ever seen that if he wanted to do something, he did it and was the best at it. please dont ever put kobe and jordan in the same sentence. jordan averaged 30 points in his career during a time when the game was tougher and slowed down. i dont htink kobe could have had near the success jordan did in the time jordan did. jordan is the greatest ever.

ko8e24
03-18-2010, 06:56 PM
it's another Kobe Vs Jordan comparison..aka comparisons forum

ARMIN12NBA
03-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Kobe's FG% is above average so he is doing just fine in that department. He isn't doing as good as Jordan, but who cares. Jordan is Jordan. Kobe is Kobe. They also played different positions in the Triangle offense. Why do people always have to compare him to Jordan so he comes up short instead of embracing all the great things he has done?

ARMIN12NBA
03-18-2010, 07:03 PM
uh oh, this is gonna get ugly. first of all, phil didnt mention what he has said many of times. if jordan wanted an outside game he would of worked to get one. jordan is the only man in any sport ive ever seen that if he wanted to do something, he did it and was the best at it. please dont ever put kobe and jordan in the same sentence. jordan averaged 30 points in his career during a time when the game was tougher and slowed down. i dont htink kobe could have had near the success jordan did in the time jordan did. jordan is the greatest ever.

The game was actually more fast-paced, but I still agree that Jordan is better. Still, though, that is inaccurate that the game was slower. It was actually faster and defenses were statistically not as strong as today's game.

LA_cabals
03-18-2010, 07:05 PM
In regards to FG%, Jordan shot 'inside' shots much more than Kobe hence the better FG%

It's really that simple...