PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter is Back and Balling

Double_R
03-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I was just wondering if all of the Vince Carter haters who were very prevalent on here over the first couple months of the NBA season have been watching Vince dominate over the last 2 months.

I know there were a lot of people claiming that the loss of Turk and the acquisition of Vince was an absolute mistake. I'm not gonna compare Vince to Turk because it's not even worth talking about, seeing one started bad and now seems to found his niche and the other is a bust at the dollars and expectations that came with him.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed how well he is playing and what people think of him as far as being the player the Magic needed?

Here is Vince's stats over the last 2 months....

Feb & March----Magic are 16-5, beating Bos, LAL, CLE

Min_____Pts___FG%___3pt%___3ptm___Reb___Ast___TO
32.5___18.6___.515___.511____1.9____3.8____3.2___1 .6
32.7___19.2___.532___.514____2.1____3.9____3.4___1 .0

FlakeyFool
03-18-2010, 01:33 PM
ya def GOAT

Avenged
03-18-2010, 01:49 PM
If I recall correctly, Magic fans were the ones complaining most about him. :shrug:

MagicDojo
03-18-2010, 02:05 PM
If I recall correctly, Magic fans were the ones complaining most about him. :shrug:

Last night against the sprurs was his most complete game so far this year but hard to judge with no Tony Parker.

Storch
03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't think anyone really doubted that vince can't ball anymore. Everyone just said that he's not in his prime, which he's not.

MTone8788
03-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah he's been playing great and has been shooting a high percentage since his horrible month of January. Not really worth a thread though, I'm sure a large majority would agree yes he slumped at one point this season and he would bounce back, but he's not in his prime. Which is fine, he's getting older. And he is playing well.

Wcuracer29
03-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Why would anyone but a Magic fan complain? If he's not on your team and stinking it up for a time, why would opponents complain? :shrug:

VC has been finding his rythm as of late- nobody expects him to score 40 a night because like others have said, he's past his prime. I think 25-30 with some assists and plenty of FT opportunities (from driving to the hole) is all the Magic need. Combine that with Lewis putting up 20+ like last night and those two are contributing plenty. I realize the Spurs were off last night, but those are the type of numbers we need. D12 can't put up 9pts and Magic win every night, but everyone else picked up the slack nicely.

The team is really meshing well and hitting their stride at the right time.

Avenged
03-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Why would anyone but a Magic fan complain? If he's not on your team and stinking it up for a time, why would opponents complain? :shrug:

VC has been finding his rythm as of late- nobody expects him to score 40 a night because like others have said, he's past his prime. I think 25-30 with some assists and plenty of FT opportunities (from driving to the hole) is all the Magic need. Combine that with Lewis putting up 20+ like last night and those two are contributing plenty. I realize the Spurs were off last night, but those are the type of numbers we need. D12 can't put up 9pts and Magic win every night, but everyone else picked up the slack nicely.

Because I doubt the starter of this thread was referring to Magic fans about their own player.

MagicDojo
03-18-2010, 02:23 PM

Agreed.
Vince top 10 in the Month of Feb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRoYvKBb2q8

He still has some juice.

Wcuracer29
03-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Because I doubt the starter of this thread was referring to Magic fans about their own player.

Guess he was referring to all those talking crap to Magic fans about Vince, then doing it again when he slumped...I can see your point now- but if I was rooting for someone else, and Vince was shooting 20% from the field against my team, i certainly wouldn't be hating on him, i'd be praising his work.

For now, as a Magic fan, i'll praise his work for coming out of the slump and helping the team.

RadiantShot
03-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah. Everyone got quiet about Vince once he started showing up.
Oh how quickly the tide turns.

RaptorizedKevin
03-18-2010, 04:13 PM
the magic will cause another upset and the cavs will not make it to the nba finals? :P

Corey
03-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah. Everyone got quiet about Vince once he started showing up.
Oh how quickly the tide turns.

It was mostly Magic fans complaining, so...?

Anyways, I still stand firm on the sentiment that Hedo was a better fit for the Magic. Carter is more dynamic, and can go off in ways that Hedo cannot, but Hedo played his role VERY well with Orlando.

Double_R
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
I see that the hating hasn't stopped...

Did one person outside of the Magic fans say anything good without finishing it with, but... he is old... he is past his prime... he is not as good of a fit as Hedo...

The bottom line is that he is playing great and yea I was talking about some Magic fans who were hating and I was talking about the mass majority on here, who like to hate on the Magic and Vince and Dwight, and all that, but the reality is that most people hate because they ain't... I hate the saying, but it's true... Maybe you don't want Vince to be on your team, but all you haters can't acknowledge that he is balling regardless of age, and btw he isn't 40, he just turned 33, and yea he still can fly. The fact is that the Magic are better than every team, except maybe the Lakers and Cavs and that is gonna make fans of other teams hate. Jealousy makes me laugh

Ragun
03-18-2010, 04:40 PM
VC is a beast. i didnt like some of the things he did in toronto but one can not deny his talent.

sep11ie
03-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I see that the hating hasn't stopped...

Did one person outside of the Magic fans say anything good without finishing it with, but... he is old... he is past his prime... he is not as good of a fit as Hedo...

The bottom line is that he is playing great and yea I was talking about some Magic fans who were hating and I was talking about the mass majority on here, who like to hate on the Magic and Vince and Dwight, and all that, but the reality is that most people hate because they ain't... I hate the saying, but it's true... Maybe you don't want Vince to be on your team, but all you haters can't acknowledge that he is balling regardless of age, and btw he isn't 40, he just turned 33, and yea he still can fly. The fact is that the Magic are better than every team, except maybe the Lakers and Cavs and that is gonna make fans of other teams hate. Jealousy makes me laugh

Well, he's playing good, real good, but he's T-Mac's cuz so f him...

DetroitLions
03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
I think VC was just waiting for the end of the season to light it up save his energy for the playoffs and end of season

45%str8thuggin
03-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Meh, resurrect this thread when he goes cold in the playoffs and Magic fans are crying.