PDA

View Full Version : How Long Until NBA Players Are Wearing Spandex Uniforms?

R_O_W_E
03-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Typically most NBA players wear a spandex Under Armour or Nike undershirt under their uniform, and now most players are wearing spandex sleeves for their arms or for their shins.

Im just thinking at the rate things are going, after Adidas' deal is up with the NBA and Under Armour can step up to get the uniforms. That spandex uniforms might just happen, or uniforms similar to that of some college basketball teams where the uniform looks basically skintight.

What do you guys think is better? The current loose basketball uniform from Adidas or some specialized basketball uniform that looks like a track suit?

asandhu23
03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
not gonna happen.

UK Ivy
03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
I like the skin tight top as I do that for my team in the UK but hell no to the skin tight shorts.

Ray_R
03-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Typically most NBA players wear a spandex Under Armour or Nike undershirt under their uniform, and now most players are wearing spandex sleeves for their arms or for their shins.

Im just thinking at the rate things are going, after Adidas' deal is up with the NBA and Under Armour can step up to get the uniforms. That spandex uniforms might just happen, or uniforms similar to that of some college basketball teams where the uniform looks basically skintight.

What do you guys think is better? The current loose basketball uniform from Adidas or some specialized basketball uniform that looks like a track suit?

I dont think it would happen or atleast anytime soon. Just becuase the NBa would lose alot of money in Jersey sales. I dont know to many people running out to buy a spandex shirts as of right now.

Clutch6
03-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I like the idea, but its not happening. Too many big fat men, college kids are still somewhat fit so its not awful looking haha

Raoul Duke
03-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't want to see a bunch of grown men playing basketball in spandex shorts, so let's hope this never happens.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-18-2010, 11:12 AM
lol yea it wont happen.

It's funny seein fat guys at tha gym with just tha Under Amour tanktop cutoff shirt! :facepalm:

deuces
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM
spandex shorts will attract the female demographic?

td0tsfinest
03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
^ but it might repel some of the male demographic

Jah king
03-18-2010, 11:24 AM
typically most nba players wear a spandex under armour or nike undershirt under their uniform, and now most players are wearing spandex sleeves for their arms or for their shins.

Im just thinking at the rate things are going, after adidas' deal is up with the nba and under armour can step up to get the uniforms. That spandex uniforms might just happen, or uniforms similar to that of some college basketball teams where the uniform looks basically skintight.

What do you guys think is better? The current loose basketball uniform from adidas or some specialized basketball uniform that looks like a track suit?

this will never happen.. Most of the league has wannabe bad *** prison boys that love showing off all there ******** prison ink...its not a bad idea though to enforce a long sleeve rule to all playas sporting lame *** prison ink(excuse me, art)to help clean up the crappy hip slop, trashy , bad *** image i see it having.............

HammerHead1
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Can only work with a few players. Glen Davis in one of those uniforms? However, Dwight Howard wears his jerseys quite tight, but I guess that's just how he is.

sep11ie
03-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I like the idea, but its not happening. Too many big fat men, college kids are still somewhat fit so its not awful looking haha

:puke:Shaq in spandex

sep11ie
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
I dont think it would happen or atleast anytime soon. Just becuase the NBa would lose alot of money in Jersey sales. I dont know to many people running out to buy a spandex shirts as of right now.

Haven't you seen all the **** running around wearing gay ***** Ed Hardy and Affliction shirts about 2 sizes too small for them? It may work...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
this will never happen.. Most of the league has wannabe bad *** prison boys that love showing off all there ******** prison ink...its not a bad idea though to enforce a long sleeve rule to all playas sporting lame *** prison ink(excuse me, art)to help clean up the crappy hip slop, trashy , bad *** image i see it having.............

Maybe to the naive, ignorant, racist, and untrained eye...:eyebrow:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Haven't you seen all the **** running around wearing gay ***** Ed Hardy and Affliction shirts about 2 sizes too small for them? It may work...

and Tapout shirts! :laugh::facepalm:

R_O_W_E
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, its just the way Under Armour and even Nike are going with some of their basketball related stuff. I mean come on now, they're spandex leggings were like $65, and I only paid that much after the guy told me about how loaded they are with technology. I get home and find out that they aren't even Wi Fi capable.

acehole
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM

then how do you explain football? buncha fat sloppy men in tights draggin each other to the ground..

deuces
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
:puke:Shaq in spandex

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

R_O_W_E
03-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Black guys will never want to wear that **** and they're the trendsetters so it wont happen

Thats surprising because I just watched a bunch of black guys wear body suits to exercise for the NFL.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, basketball is more like track & field where these spandex outfits are often found. Nike only established the System of Dress prototype uniform after doing tests that showed basketball players felt more free with a compressed uniform when in movement rather than the loose one which is starting to fade away in college basketball.

Now they're bringing this technology to the college football game.

R_O_W_E
03-18-2010, 11:53 AM
then how do you explain football? buncha fat sloppy men in tights draggin each other to the ground..

I hinted at that in my post.

Everybody is now wearing a compressed spandex top under their uniform and those willing to pay wear compressed leggings under their pads.

This even included some of our offensive lineman this past season.

DodgerBulls
03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
so much for moving quickly and freely.

sep11ie
03-18-2010, 12:03 PM
so much for moving quickly and freely.

Umm, ever heard of track stars?

shep33
03-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Don't tease me....

notoriouzzzz
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM

No Homo...

Ray_R
03-18-2010, 05:52 PM

okay I mean MEN that watch sports...