PDA

View Full Version : How amazing is this years rookie crop.

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 03:29 AM
going into last years draft, everyone said that its weak and there arent going to be any great players except maybe griffin and SOME believed in rubio. there were some(including me) who thought that this was gunna be a great draft class, and so far it has been.

tyreke evans is blossoming into a player that looks like he can be a top 5 player in the league

stephon curry and brandon jennings are looking like theyll be all star point guards for years to come.

ty lawson and darren collison have shown, IMO that they can be very good starters in this league and can definetly earn a couple all star berths in there careers, kinda like mo williams/jameer nelson caliber players

the funny part is, the the two hottest prospects going into the draft, Blake Griffin and Ricky Rubio, have not played a second in the NBA yet, and its already an amazing draft class. its only going to get better with those two.

thoughts?

GiantMetKnick
03-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Brandon Jennings, to me, is so overrated. Just look at that FG%...

Don't get carried away on Tyreke. Top 5 potential? - Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, CP3, Durant, Melo, Dirk.... wouldn't say that yet. But he definitely should develop into a perennial all-star.

Steph Curry has impressed... as has Collison.

Good points about Griffin and Rubio... quite a surprise. Overall, verdict is still out on this draft class - let's see how guys like J. Flynn, Jordan Hill, Ty Lawson, and others develop.

alencp3
03-18-2010, 05:06 AM
I think Evans and Griffin can be top 5 players in this decade

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 02:38 PM
but where do u guys think it matches up against some of the great rookie classes of before. just based of the first year

mikantsass
03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
but where do u guys think it matches up against some of the great rookie classes of before. just based of the first year

Not as good as 1998... Bibby, Jamison, Carter, Dirk, Pierce, Hughes, Harrington

Or 2003 for that matter

Hawkeye15
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
the PG crop will go down as one of the better ever I think, but as for the rest, not so much

kimo818
03-18-2010, 03:13 PM
No where near 96-97 or 03-04 but very very good.

There are lots of good young players in recent drafts but this one is very good too.

I like Curry a lot and Evans is All Star quality already.

znick21
03-18-2010, 03:19 PM
i still don't think it's very good.

GoatMilk
03-18-2010, 03:24 PM
the PG crop will go down as one of the better ever I think, but as for the rest, not so much

yeah, and i think some guys are overachieving like Darren Collison and some are going to get mad at me, but Ty Lawson

BOSTON617
03-18-2010, 03:32 PM
decent i wouldnt say it is all that great lol

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Brandon Jennings, to me, is so overrated. Just look at that FG%...

Would you say he takes bad shots, or are you just looking at the number?

Don't get carried away on Tyreke. Top 5 potential? - Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, CP3, Durant, Melo, Dirk.... wouldn't say that yet. But he definitely should develop into a perennial all-star.

20-5-5 as a 20 year-old rookie, he is well on his way. Another thread brought this point up, I think the only other guys to do it were LeBron, Big O and MJ.

Hawkeye15
03-18-2010, 03:53 PM
yeah, and i think some guys are overachieving like Darren Collison and some are going to get mad at me, but Ty Lawson

well, those two specifically fell due to their size and limitations. They don't have the potential of the ones taken higher. But they were both expected to be contributors right away in some form.

topdog
03-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I definitely was one of those who was saying "what weak draft class?" It certainly wasn't a draft of superstars or of positional depth, so there is a point to be made there. But there were so many quality pgs that you literally could have 15 guys go anywhere from 6 to 20.

It really was an anomaly.

Baller1
03-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Here's an interesting question:

Which draft class' top 2 combo guards are better (or will be better)?

Derrick Rose/Russell Westbrook or Tyreke Evans/Stephen Curry?

asandhu23
03-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Evans / Curry

Hawkeye15
03-18-2010, 05:15 PM

seeing as its almost guaranteed both Rose and Westbrook turn into studs, and Curry is still an unknown, its Rose/Westbrook. But they have an extra year under them, so its impossible to tell. Evans will be the best of the 4 I think, but I am still not sold on Curry being a star. He has an elite skill, shooting. But adjust for pace, and really, he is on par with many of the other PG's drafted.

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 05:35 PM
seeing as its almost guaranteed both Rose and Westbrook turn into studs, and Curry is still an unknown, its Rose/Westbrook. But they have an extra year under them, so its impossible to tell. Evans will be the best of the 4 I think, but I am still not sold on Curry being a star. He has an elite skill, shooting. But adjust for pace, and really, he is on par with many of the other PG's drafted.

you obviously have not seen currry play a single game. this is what i, and everyone else thought when he was coming out of college, but as i have watched him play every game(since i live in the bay), he has some of the great court vision and is an absolteuly amazing passer

Hawkeye15
03-18-2010, 05:38 PM
you obviously have not seen currry play a single game. this is what i, and everyone else thought when he was coming out of college, but as i have watched him play every game(since i live in the bay), he has some of the great court vision and is an absolteuly amazing passer

nope, seen him play plenty. He is a good passer, I would never call him a floor general, but I think he could be a Tony Parker type, only switch the scoring ability from inside to out. Curry is a terrible defensive player at this point. Sorry. And GS puts up phantom offensive numbers for their players
I am impressed that Curry has gotten better throughout the year. But I also think he is a product of that offense.

IversonIsKrazy
03-18-2010, 07:51 PM
This is surely a real good class. A real sign that we are entering a Decade of PG's. I like all Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, Darren Collison. I want to see how these guys all develop though:
Blake Griffin
Marcus Thorton
Johnny Flynn
DeMar DeRozan
Jrue Holiday

But this does look like its going to be a good class.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
This draft class sucked, other then Tyreke, Curry, Collison, Lawson, and Thorton*
there is nothing special.

*Dont forget him.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 07:57 PM
This draft class sucked, other then Tyreke, Curry, Collison, Lawson, and Thorton*
there is nothing special.

*Dont forget him.

Dejuan Blair, Omri Casspi, Wes Matthews, Blake Griffin (remember him?), Jrue Holiday could be a good one as well, Jonas Jerekbo. There are a lot of solid players in last year's draft, as well as some future stars.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Dejuan Blair, Omri Casspi, Wes Matthews, Blake Griffin (remember him?), Jrue Holiday could be a good one as well, Jonas Jerekbo. There are a lot of solid players in last year's draft, as well as some future stars.

Casspi is so overrated man, he started good but tapered off.
Griffin hasn't done anything.
Jrue and Jonas can be alright nothing to say this is a great rookie class for.
I forgot Blair though he is good. Wes Matthews is ehh.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 08:06 PM

Well duh Griffin hasn't done anything, but the guy is a freak and there's a reason why he was the consensus #1 going into the draft. And Casspi hit the rookie wall, he'll be fine.

td0tsfinest
03-18-2010, 08:09 PM
The guards out of this draft are absolutely amazing. They're balling out of their minds but they lack a big man equal to their guards. The jury still out on Thabeet and Griffin though.

But ye, not a lot of talking has to be done. Just look what happen at allstar weekend.

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
and i still think demar derozan has the potential to be a star

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Well duh Griffin hasn't done anything, but the guy is a freak and there's a reason why he was the consensus #1 going into the draft. And Casspi hit the rookie wall, he'll be fine.

Casspi is nothing special his rookie wall doesnt last 2/3s of the season man.

unwantedplayer
03-18-2010, 08:24 PM
I honestly don't think it is amazing, but def better than what most people thought it was going to be.

kblo247
03-18-2010, 08:27 PM
It is very guard heavy, which is actually what is perfect for this version of the NBA

PG - Steph, Jennings, Flynn, Lawson, and DC
SG - Reke, Derozan, and Thornton
SF - Casspi
PF - Blair, T. Hans, Jerekbo, and Gibson

Rubio and Griffin would fill out the top spots if they played so it can be seen as very top heavy.

The only telling fact is that this draft lacks a good center unless Hasheem develops and that Casp is the only SF worth mentioning.

If all those guys pan out and stay healthy it will be 16 contributors deep (1/2 the league). This class wasn't near as star heavy as 04 or anywhere as talented as 96, but it damn sure can help the league.

Baller1
03-18-2010, 08:34 PM

I agree it needs more time to be evaluated, but I think it's safe to say we're talking about 4 future stars in this league. Rose and Westbrook have already begun that process.

Hawkeye15
03-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I agree it needs more time to be evaluated, but I think it's safe to say we're talking about 4 future stars in this league. Rose and Westbrook have already begun that process.

Curry has a long ways to go to be a star man. Cmon

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 08:37 PM

2/3 of the year? :laugh2: I never said he was "special." He was taken late 1st he will be a solid player. He has the work ethic, the attitude, and the drive to be a very nice player.

Iodine
03-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Derek you forget that logic doesn't apply here

Philly Hammer
03-18-2010, 08:41 PM
This was a very good draft class this year I was not disappointed at all only that Griffin wasn't able to make it out to the court. Brandon Jennings is my guy out of them all I love his game and, would pay to watch him play.

Philly Hammer
03-18-2010, 08:42 PM
2/3 of the year? :laugh2: I never said he was "special." He was taken late 1st he will be a solid player. He has the work ethic, the attitude, and the drive to be a very nice player.Agree

jmtapia

haha... based on what a rookie season?? come one man. Does the term player development mean anything??

sacgiants1213

congrats for judging a player on 20 games.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
2/3 of the year? :laugh2: I never said he was "special." He was taken late 1st he will be a solid player. He has the work ethic, the attitude, and the drive to be a very nice player.

He started great, everybody was liking him, thinking he was one of the biggest steals of the draft. Now he disappeared, the only thing you hear out of SacTown is Tyreke. He can be an alright role player. But his rookie wall is lasting a little too long.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 08:46 PM
haha... based on what a rookie season?? come one man. Does the term player development mean anything??

What are you talking about, as a rookie people overrated him at the beginning of the year, now he isn't being talked about.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 08:48 PM
He started great, everybody was liking him, thinking he was one of the biggest steals of the draft. Now he disappeared, the only thing you hear out of SacTown is Tyreke. He can be an alright role player. But his rookie wall is lasting a little too long.

And we just gave him some rest and lately he's been doing much better. Your point?

jmtapia
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
What are you talking about, as a rookie people overrated him at the beginning of the year, now he isn't being talked about.

its not called overrated its called fatigue from a long season which he wasnt accustomed too... Even Evans has come out and said he will work more on conditioning bc he is feeling the effects...

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 08:51 PM
And we just gave him some rest and lately he's been doing much better. Your point?

My point is I think people overrated him from the beginning of the season and he isnt that great of a player.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 08:52 PM
its not called overrated its called fatigue from a long season which he wasnt accustomed too... Even Evans has come out and said he will work more on conditioning bc he is feeling the effects...

I really dont think you know what the word "overrated" means.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 08:57 PM
My point is I think people overrated him from the beginning of the season and he isnt that great of a player.

Ok cool. He's 21 years old. I don't think this is as good as he's going to get. My main thing was that I disagree with your opinion that the draft "sucked." First off, from what we have seen so far, it's at the very least a pretty decent draft, better than it was projected for sure. There are a couple potential future stars and a good amount of solid players/role players as well. You can't say how good a draft is until at least 3 years down the road anyways. Moving on.

astrosmaniac
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM

chase budinger has been great off the bench for the rockets. jordan hill has looked really good now that his team will actually play him

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM

You might wanna check that.... in his last 8 he has hit double digits twice.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 09:00 PM
chase budinger has been great off the bench for the rockets. jordan hill has looked really good now that his team will actually play him

Yep for sure. Jordan Hill has played great lately since he has gotten minutes. Buddinger is solid as well. There are tons of solid players in this draft.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
You might wanna check that.... in his last 8 he has hit double digits twice.

Yes lets ignore the fact that his minutes have been cut a ton and he isn't starting anymore. And obviously how many points a guy scores are the only things that matter.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Ok cool. He's 21 years old. I don't think this is as good as he's going to get. My main thing was that I disagree with your opinion that the draft "sucked." First off, from what we have seen so far, it's at the very least a pretty decent draft, better than it was projected for sure. There are a couple potential future stars and a good amount of solid players/role players as well. You can't say how good a draft is until at least 3 years down the road anyways. Moving on.

Thats what this thread is for isnt it? I didn't make the thread, I am simply posting how I feel.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes lets ignore the fact that his minutes have been cut a ton and he isn't starting anymore. And obviously how many points a guy scores are the only things that matter.

I never said in scoring, he hasnt hit double digits in anything else, and please quote where I said scores are the only thing that matters, because I am pretty sure I ever said that.

astrosmaniac
03-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Thats what this thread is for isnt it? I didn't make the thread, I am simply posting how I feel.

you want thorton to be included with the best of the best of the class, but you discredit guys like casspi who started out great? thorton has only come on in the last maybe month. at least casspi put up great numbers for 3 months.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
you want thorton to be included with the best of the best of the class, but you discredit guys like casspi who started out great? thorton has only come on in the last maybe month. at least casspi put up great numbers for 3 months.

How dare you use logic. Anyways, all I said was that Casspi has the makings of a solid player. He's shown flashes of what he can be, and he's still just 21 years old, from a foreign country, and is still figuring the NBA out. He has definitely hit the rookie wall, which is why Coach Westphal has been cutting his minutes, even sitting him a few games. Now that he's a little bit more rested, his shot has started to fall again. Sure maybe some people jumped the gun on him earlier this year, but that's not his fault and it doesn't automatically doom him to being a mediocre at best player.

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM

So it's OK to be in a slump as long as they play for your team?

Derek you forget that logic doesn't apply here

Yeah, you're way too smart for this place, you should probably leave.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 09:06 PM

What a joke:rolleyes:
Whenever Thorton came in he has played great. Last month my ***, once Scott was fired and Thorton actually played, he has played great.

astrosmaniac
How dare you use logic.

:facepalm: i should have know better. thats is reserved for iodine and superkegger only

Vinny642
How dare you use logic.

You call that LOGIC???
You mean an ignorant assumption.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 09:08 PM
So it's OK to be in a slump as long as they play for your team?

Yeah, you're way too smart for this place, you should probably leave.

Tell me when I said Casspi should be ROY? I just said he has the work ethic and drive to become a solid player in the NBA. Plus even with Casspi's slump he's still shooting a pretty decent percentage overall.

astrosmaniac
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
What a joke:rolleyes:
Whenever Thorton came in he has played great. Last month my ***, once Scott was fired and Thorton actually played, he has played great.

ok, my bad, looking at the numbers, its closer to two months. didn't scotty get fired like back in november? care to explain why it wasn't until mid-late january that he started heating up? he didn't shoot better than 33% on a consistant basis till february

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Tell me when I said Casspi should be ROY? I just said he has the work ethic and drive to become a solid player in the NBA.

Show me where I said Jennings should be ROY. I know I said Reke should win at least three times.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 09:16 PM
ok, my bad, looking at the numbers, its closer to two months. didn't scotty get fired like back in november? care to explain why it wasn't until mid-late january that he started heating up? he didn't shoot better than 33% on a consistant basis till february

Such ignorance, he has been good this whole season except for December, the only month where he did bad, his rookie wall. January he has been good, Feb too. You just don't know man.

Stay_Swim
03-18-2010, 09:46 PM

Thats fine, that's how you "feel," but that still doesn't disregard the fact that your still wrong. ha.

Vinny642
03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Thats fine, that's how you "feel," but that still doesn't disregard the fact that your still wrong. ha.

What are you like ten years old?? Ha.
I am not wrong lol.

RaptorizedKevin
03-18-2010, 10:33 PM
dont underestimate jrue holiday either. hes been very good. demar deroazn has been solid too. and hardens there too, dont overlook him

albertc86
03-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Brandon Jennings, to me, is so overrated. Just look at that FG%....

In his defense, the smaller scoring PG's seldom have good FG%. Look at Allen Iverson his entire career. However, I do agree with you. Curry and Collison have impressed me more. I suppose it's because they came into the league with less of a potential upside than Jennings. Curry was hyped because of his family's history but he's better than I thought he would be at this level --- especially this early.

masalex1205
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM

good question, only time will tell

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
i just want everyone to know that im not hating on anyone. i think tehre all phenominal players, and its all so hard for me to decide whos the best out of them

-tyreke is a physical freak. his size allows him to be a triple double threat night in and night out, and hes a nightmare to guard, and a nightmare to be guarded against

-steph curry is an absolute wizard with the basketball. i havent seen something like him since steve nash. his passing is amazing, his shot is great. he has so many razzle dazzle moves. hes an absolute magician.

-with brandon jennings, he has the best attitude out of all of them. he has a complete winnners mentality, im not comparing him to kobe, but they have the same "assasin" mode. hes an amazing passer and playmaker, and a great leader. vocally and with his play, and has ridiculous composer for a kid his age. you got to love the kids swag too. the thing that just bugs me is that i know hes a better shooter then his percentages show. as he gains experience and more bball iq, his percentages will cry rocket. weve seen what shooting displays hes capable of. his shot is not bad. its just frusterating that people on PSD dont realize that. when jennings "gets it" more, hell be able to take over games with the best of them in the nba becuz of his attitude and amazing skill.

thats why its so hard for me to say which player i think is the best out of all of them. i look at evans and say "wow this guy is a beast" but then i look at curry and i say "wow i havent seen skill like this in a long time" and then i see jennings and say "wow. this kid has greatness written all over him"

im not a dumbass. i know evans and curry are having better rookie seasons and jennings has no business getting that award, but when im comparing these players im looking at the big picture. and the big picture is that i think these three players, evans curry and jennings, will be battling eachother for years to come, and its gunna be damn fun to watch

Hey Man
03-18-2010, 10:47 PM
It is very amazing

Tyreke Evans
Stephen Curry
Darren Collison
Brandon Jennings
Marcus Thornton
Jonas Jerebko
Johnny Flynn
Ty Lawson
Dejuan Blair
Demar DeRozan
Taj Gibson
Omri Casspi
James Harden
Terrence Williams
Tyler Hansborough
Jordan Hill
Chase Budinger
Beaubouis guy from Dallas
(i know im missing a few other good ones)

Plus the unknown
Thabeet
Rubio
Griffin

Hey Man
03-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Coming into the draft i thought Curry and Jennings were going to be busts and that Johnny Flynn would be the best with rubio and griffin

tredigs
03-18-2010, 11:33 PM
In his defense, the smaller scoring PG's seldom have good FG%. Look at Allen Iverson his entire career. However, I do agree with you. Curry and Collison have impressed me more. I suppose it's because they came into the league with less of a potential upside than Jennings. Curry was hyped because of his family's history but he's better than I thought he would be at this level --- especially this early.

eh maybe, but Collison's an inch shorter and puts up a 46% clip. And Spud Webb put up 45% throughout his career. Jennings has a serious issue with the way he's always fading away/sideways when he shoots, it's a serious problem in his game. Besides that, I love what he can do. But it's a big "besides that".

And ThorNton is a boss, kid is going to be a great scorer in this league throughout his career. He's got it.

TYoung21
03-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Look out for Jrue Holiday! Youngest player in the league and learning from a retarted coach but still playing great lately!

astrosmaniac
03-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Such ignorance, he has been good this whole season except for December, the only month where he did bad, his rookie wall. January he has been good, Feb too. You just don't know man.

hes been ok, nothing spectacular. hes been similar to casspi. they hit their walls at different points. there's really no argument as to why thornton>casspi or how either of them deserve to be mentioned with guys like curry, evans, etc (like you did with thornton). collinson has done better than thornton

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
It is very amazing

Tyreke Evans
Stephen Curry
Darren Collison
Brandon Jennings
Marcus Thornton
Jonas Jerebko
Johnny Flynn
Ty Lawson
Dejuan Blair
Demar DeRozan
Taj Gibson
Omri Casspi
James Harden
Terrence Williams
Tyler Hansborough
Jordan Hill
Chase Budinger
Beaubouis guy from Dallas
(i know im missing a few other good ones)

Plus the unknown
Thabeet
Rubio
Griffin

Yeah, some of those guys will be all stars one day, also a ton of good role players. This was a very deep draft.

JasonJohnHorn
03-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Meh. I've seen better. Much better.

2008: Derrick Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Westbrook, Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez,
2007: Durant, Horford, Jeff Green, Al Thorton, Thad Young,
2006: Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Aldridge,
2005:CP3, D-Will, Bogut, Danny Granger, David Lee, Nate Robinson
2004:Howard, Okafor, Gordon,
2003: LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Melo, Kaman, Ford, David West,
2002: Yao, Amare, Dunleavy, Gooden,

I'd say all thosw drafts saw better rookie performances than this draft has seen. 2004 saw one of its rookies win 6th man, 2003 is clearly the best of all, 2002 had two great big men in Yao and Amare, 2005 had the two best point guards playing the game today, then Roy then Durant, then Rose...

This draft is REALLY weak on front court talent (in part due to Griffens absence and in part due to the fact that arguably the second best big man in the draft is only 6'7 and is playing on a veteran team (that would be Blain with the Spurs) that doesnt always have a lot of minutes available for rookies.

I'd say that though this draft was deep at point guard, it was weak over all and most especially in the front court.

ldc62
03-19-2010, 06:26 PM
No where near 2003, 96, or 84. This class has lot of good solid PGs, but outside Reke and [maybe] Curry (Jury is still out on Griffin), I don't see a star. Note: I am a huge Jennings fan

AI4MVP
03-19-2010, 07:19 PM
jennings' killer mentality, his desire and heart to win, and his overall skill potential will make him a star one day. he has good form on his shot, hes just inexperienced. mo williams shot 38% from the field his rookie year to.

he hit a rookie wall, his shot is starting to fall again. hes hit 30 of his last 63 shots, which is 48% (13 of his last 25 from three) and still maintaining his rookie-high average of 6.1 assists per game.

do i think brandon jennings is a better player then tyreke evans? no.

do i think brandon jennings is going to be a star in the nba? definetly.

Sportfan
03-19-2010, 07:22 PM
I love how everyone is saying they knew it was going to be a good draft class when they quite clearly did not.

tredigs
03-19-2010, 07:35 PM
jennings' killer mentality, his desire and heart to win, and his overall skill potential will make him a star one day. he has good form on his shot, hes just inexperienced. mo williams shot 38% from the field his rookie year to.

he hit a rookie wall, his shot is starting to fall again. hes hit 30 of his last 63 shots, which is 48% (13 of his last 25 from three) and still maintaining his rookie-high average of 6.1 assists per game.

do i think brandon jennings is a better player then tyreke evans? no.

do i think brandon jennings is going to be a star in the nba? definetly.

You might be right about his will to win, but looking at his last 5 games as a sample size for a turnaround in his shooting doesn't quite cut it. Even through November (his best month), he still was only shooting 42%. He shot in the mid 30's while he was in Europe, and has shot in the mid 30's throughout 9/10th's of this year as well. That's not a rookie wall, that's just the type of mid range shooter/finisher he is. The kid does a lot right (I think he's a smart/talented passer and a pretty sick defender given his size), but he's got to get that mid-range/finishing game to turn a 180. He's a pretty nice 3pt shooter -- not near Curry's level, but nice --, so at least you know that he's capable of it.

SeoulBeatz
03-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Don't sleep on Jrue Holiday, watch tonights Sixers Knicks game (if you have absolutely no life) to see what i mean :),

Dude has been BALLIN since he's taken over the starting spot a month ago, check ESPN's latest rookie rankings. The one thing he does better than any rookie is play D. He is the best defending guard in the draft class, and that's not me being a homer, he just plays harder d than any rook ive seen this year.

smuffins353
03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
those are great players but your forgetting other legit players from this draft..

Deljuan Blair
Jerebko
Chase Budinger

are all gonna be SOLID pros

Jack of Blades
03-19-2010, 08:04 PM
those are great players but your forgetting other legit players from this draft..

Deljuan Blair
Jerebko
Chase Budinger

are all gonna be SOLID pros

As well as Roddy Beaubois. The dude is Dallas' future PG when Kidd decides to call it quits.

tredigs
03-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Don't sleep on Jrue Holiday, watch tonights Sixers Knicks game (if you have absolutely no life) to see what i mean :),

Dude has been BALLIN since he's taken over the starting spot a month ago, check ESPN's latest rookie rankings. The one thing he does better than any rookie is play D. He is the best defending guard in the draft class, and that's not me being a homer, he just plays harder d than any rook ive seen this year.

Last four PG's that UCLA has put out? Jrue Holliday/Darren Collison, Russel Westbrook, Farmar. DAMN SON. And yeah I agree that Jrue shouldn't be overlooked. He's got a ton of talent and could be a star just as easily as the other 589 talented guards that came out of this draft.

AI4MVP
03-19-2010, 08:15 PM
As well as Roddy Beaubois. The dude is Dallas' future PG when Kidd decides to call it quits.

i said during draft time that is beabois got the opportunity that he could be a borderline all star point guard.

tredigs
03-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Has anyone even mentioned Toney Douglas? That's probably the best defensive guard in the draft, and has been playing real nice in NY during the past few games since he finally got a chance to start.

Crackadalic
03-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Tony Douglas really impress me tonight against the Sixers definitely one of the better defense guards in this draft

Raph12
03-19-2010, 11:00 PM
going into last years draft, everyone said that its weak and there arent going to be any great players except maybe griffin and SOME believed in rubio. there were some(including me) who thought that this was gunna be a great draft class, and so far it has been.

tyreke evans is blossoming into a player that looks like he can be a top 5 player in the league

stephon curry and brandon jennings are looking like theyll be all star point guards for years to come.

ty lawson and darren collison have shown, IMO that they can be very good starters in this league and can definetly earn a couple all star berths in there careers, kinda like mo williams/jameer nelson caliber players

the funny part is, the the two hottest prospects going into the draft, Blake Griffin and Ricky Rubio, have not played a second in the NBA yet, and its already an amazing draft class. its only going to get better with those two.

thoughts?

Curry and Evans have been impressive, Jennings has just dropped off after that 55pt effort.

Griffin and Rubio have the potential to make it a good/great class, but so far, 2 guys don't make a great class.

tredigs
03-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Curry and Evans have been impressive, Jennings has just dropped off after that 55pt effort.

Griffin and Rubio have the potential to make it a good/great class, but so far, 2 guys don't make a great class.

Both Collison and Thornton over in New Orleans have been very impressive over the past couple months since they started getting solid minutes. Those two will be factors in the league over the next decade. I see a lot of potential from a handful of other guys, but until they get starters minutes consistently it's a bit early to tell.

Side note: Jennings tearing it up in Sac tonight against Evans and the Kings. Has 31pts 5reb 7ast right now and is 8/11 from three. And that's including a full court shot that bricked front iron that would've won the game for them. Going to OT now. [Evans had 15 4 4 with 7 turnovers and hurt his mouth late in the fourth so he's out I think].