PDA

View Full Version : Why does no one ever give the Hawks any Love?

PartyManPat
03-18-2010, 02:57 AM
I know they would most likely lose to the Cav's or the Magic in a playoff series but honestly i think they would beat the Celtics this year (not that there is a chance they will play them). Im just sayin, they might have a shot at upsetting the magic or cav's if they get hot in the playoff's.

And by the way i think they would be better off playing the cav's second round than the magic because of the matchups. The Magic have worked them this year and they have played the cav's close this year. If not for Varejao's fluke 3 they would have won in clevland. But that was before the Jamison acquisition so who knows now.

DodgerBulls
03-18-2010, 03:37 AM
They sure have proved or showed us that they can beat the Celtics anytime. Remember the 08 playoffs? I had my money on them, but just couldn't finish it.

ko8e24
03-18-2010, 03:48 AM
I think what Atlanta is missing is a true identity. I mean yes, they can score the ball at around 102 or so ppg, and yes, defense is good with Josh Smith blocking shots and Al Horford getting defensive rebounds, but I don't think they're really known for anything really. To me, they're a good starting 5 with an awesome 6th man in Jamal Crawford, but there is not true veteran savvy on that team other than Mike Bibby and to an extent Joe Johnson and Crawford. But Johnson is supposed to be their main player, but there'll be nights where he'll get 20-25 points, and then there'll be nights where he'll be horrible from the field and score 10-15 pts. He is not a superstar/franchise type of player, and IMO, they're undersized at the center position (Horford is not a true center by height), Mike Bibby is nowhere near the lethal Sacramento Kings Mike Bibby, and I don't feel they have a true franchise superstar player. Joe Johnson would be a good 2nd option, but not THE GUY on the team.

GspLAL
03-18-2010, 05:00 AM
You answered your question in the first sentence.

j37hr0
03-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Because Love plays for the Timberwolves? Anyway, they are the most athletically gifted team in the East. Long, fast, strong, just crazy good.

ko8e24
03-18-2010, 05:36 AM
Because Love plays for the Timberwolves? Anyway, they are the most athletically gifted team in the East. Long, fast, strong, just crazy good.

Okay, but what about the question that the OP is asking.

knickjames23
03-18-2010, 07:40 AM
hawks get no love cuz of this lol

http://*************************/videos/video.php?v=wshhN17T0bY658Z9Kzm0

BOSTON617
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
i think the hawks are the 2nd best team in the east

Duncan = Donkey
03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
because the Hawks are over rated

magichatnumber9
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
When Josh Smith quits fondling Mike Bibby then they can start getting respect.

king4day
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Atlanta needs to beat either Orlando or Cleveland to stamp themselves into the Easts elite.

CB29
03-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Hawks lost to the Raptors

cavs and orlando and the lakers and the mavs have all lost to the raptors this year...

Iodine
03-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Joe Johnson would be a good 2nd option, but not THE GUY on the team.
Im assuming you mean a championship team right?

well there have only been a dozen or so guys who you could say "alright this guy is going to give us atleast one championship if we even get him a half decent supporting cast" (well 13 if you want to include Walton for his 2.5 Holy **** years of awesome) and the only guards are Magic, Jordan, West, and Kobe

Anyway the hawks are playing very good, but I'm still not a fan of Josh Smith. Love his highlights but having him as a PF for my team? ill pick a good near dozen dudes before him at PF and for SF his jumper is way to bleh

Raoul Duke
03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
I want so badly to consider the Hawks legit contenders, but I honestly don't think they match up well against two of the top four teams in the east, sooo...

Yeah, I dunno. They're a very dangerous team, and they can beat anybody on any given night, but in a seven game series their success is really dependent on matchups.

Anyway the hawks are playing very good, but I'm still not a fan of Josh Smith. Love his highlights but having him as a PF for my team? ill pick a good near dozen dudes before him at PF and for SF his jumper is way to bleh

Smith is actually my favorite player on the team. He's done a great job of cleaning up his shot selection this season while also being a little smarter about his defense. I love his game.

MJ-BULLS
03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Because they're not as good as the Orlando Magic or the Cleveland Cavaliers.

billy17
03-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Theyre like a much improved Warriors team, just wont stay consistent..

Gotta say I really like em though, I think theyre just about a player and a coach away.

Storch
03-18-2010, 02:08 PM
It's because they're a small market team and they lack a popular superstar that they can advertise nationwide.

MagicDojo
03-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Their own city doesnt even give them any love. The arena looks half empty every time I see a game from there. How come Atlanta doesnt give Atlanta love? theres gotta be what...5 million people there and they dont fill the seats? they need a PR campain or something.

ko8e24
03-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Their own city doesnt even give them any love. The arena looks half empty every time I see a game from there. How come Atlanta doesnt give Atlanta love? theres gotta be what...5 million people there and they dont fill the seats? they need a PR campain or something.

I guess it's time to move the NBA outta Atlanta. :confused:

I mean, if the fans don't give a **** and as you said, the arena is only half-filled, then there's no use for the NBA in losing money. Might as well re-locate the Hawks to another city that appreciates real true basketball and would come and fill up the arena. I think there's many cities in the US trying to see if they can lobby in trying to get an NBA team and increased the city's revenue and improve their city's economic woes.

clehmun
03-18-2010, 02:38 PM
You answered your question in the first sentence.

exactly.
what's the "respect" that they deserve? the best team in the east? or a top 4 team in the east?
because they don't deserve to be viewed as the best team in the east, and they're already being cosidered as the #3 or #4.

PartyManPat
03-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Thank you for the feed back. Im not saying the Hawks are the best team in the East but i think if they can get hot they can make a run to the finals. I just don't understand why people think its such a crazy idea that the Hawks are an elite team.

GoatMilk
03-19-2010, 06:57 PM
because they cant beat Orlando or Cleveland, and I do not believe they will be able to play Boston in the playoffs (both need to finish 2/3, but that wont happen)

NYCkid12
03-19-2010, 07:17 PM
i think the hawks are the 2nd best team in the east

who do u have them ahead orlando or cleveland? either way ur nuts

Anyways hawks are 3rd best team in east and i think next yr if they keep their core they might have shot at beating orl or clev but not this yr

BIGBREED
03-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Bcuz most of my love was left on the face of that stripper named "AYANA" when I was down in the ATL!

[NO, SERIOUSLY!]

MrFastBreak
03-19-2010, 07:47 PM

Like who?

Raph12
03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Because no one on their roster can contain Dwight or Lebron.

DLeeicious
03-19-2010, 11:35 PM
I, for one, think Atlanta is capable of rolling through the East this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the championship and they are close to my most feared team to play. Nothing but respect from me for Atlanta...