PDA

View Full Version : The Best Lineup Of Current American born-White NBA players Is???

BradHolt4CYoung
03-17-2010, 07:45 PM
First off, I really hope no body views this as a racist thread, if anyone does please close it. I just thought it was a good idea.

Almost all of the NBA is Black/European players. Very few are white-american. I dont have a problem with this at all because the black/european players playing in the league are great athletes.

With the few white guys in the league whenever they play i always root for them, because it's cool to see a white guy play on the court when he's basically the only one..i can relate.

If you had to make a team of White-American born CURRENT NBA players. What would it be? Mine:

PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: Mike Miller
SF: Mike Dunleavy
PF: David Lee
C: Brad Miller

What is yours?

Kyle N.
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
^You just named them all though. :shrug:

Atticus Finch
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Wasnt this a thread a couple months ago?

BradHolt4CYoung
03-17-2010, 07:48 PM

oh well idk:confused:

but im reading to kill a mockingbird in english.:p

CowboysKB24
03-17-2010, 07:50 PM
It's not racist. It kind of interesting because American born White NBA players have declined so much and have become a small part of this league.

In baseball I saw something on TV about how African Americans are declining. It is mostly Whites and Hispanics.

There are people out there trying to change these things, but you can really try and do that because everything is based on talent.

CowboysKB24
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I think you did name the best ones. I did a little research and could not find anyone.

DetroitLions
03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Kirk Hinrich-Mike Miller-Mike Dunleavy-David Lee-Chris Kaman with Kyle Korver as sixth man

avrpatsfan
03-17-2010, 08:04 PM
^You just named them all though. :shrug:

Haha

PurpleJesus
03-17-2010, 08:06 PM
kevin love?

DetroitLions
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
God Damn I forgot about Kevin Love I added Kaman and didn't even think of K-Love ^ thanks

MTone8788
03-17-2010, 08:12 PM
David Lee anyone?

salimstoudamire
03-17-2010, 08:24 PM
It's not racist. It kind of interesting because American born White NBA players have declined so much and have become a small part of this league.

In baseball I saw something on TV about how African Americans are declining. It is mostly Whites and Hispanics.

There are people out there trying to change these things, but you can really try and do that because everything is based on talent.

I'm hoping that this doesn't mean their skill has declined. The NBA is now a league based on athleticism. Based on talent is total garbage. If two players have the exact same game, but one is more naturally gifted with height and strenght and hops, that player will get the call. Whites are generally less athletic, which cause them to be at a disadvantage in basketball. Some of these athletic specimens in the league are unbelievable, LeBron James is the perfect example. I don't want to go any further becuase I am going to be considered racist, but its the truth.

Hollasoren
03-17-2010, 08:30 PM
cole aldrich

Ethix11
03-17-2010, 08:31 PM

JWO35
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
So racist....Why can't someone come up with an All African-American lineup NBA thread :rolleyes:

IAmKira
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
David Lee anyone?

:facepalm: blind?

BradHolt4CYoung
03-17-2010, 08:42 PM
So racist....Why can't someone come up with an All African-American lineup NBA thread :rolleyes:

That would just be posting the all star team.

But i do remeber reading that blacks are more athletic then whites. Blacks contain more "fast twitch fibers" then whites do, making them stronger.

You can loom it up if ur interested,

VCaintdead17
03-17-2010, 08:42 PM

2009-2010 Eastern All Stars

Jack of Blades
03-17-2010, 08:46 PM

That would be the All NBA team.

Boston-Born
03-17-2010, 08:50 PM
How has noone said Troy Murphy. He has got to be one of the most underrated players in the league.

BradHolt4CYoung
03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
How has noone said Troy Murphy. He has got to be one of the most underrated players in the league.

well he's not better then D. Lee.

bagwell368
03-17-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm hoping that this doesn't mean their skill has declined. The NBA is now a league based on athleticism. Based on talent is total garbage. If two players have the exact same game, but one is more naturally gifted with height and strenght and hops, that player will get the call. Whites are generally less athletic, which cause them to be at a disadvantage in basketball. Some of these athletic specimens in the league are unbelievable, LeBron James is the perfect example. I don't want to go any further becuase I am going to be considered racist, but its the truth.

You hit some of it on the head. I have a story about 7th graders. We have a pretty sharp travel team, all white suburban boys. We are top three in a loose league of 18 teams - mostly all white. We have tough practices, we have two real gifted kids. Probably top 5-6 in the league. We got invited to go play a team in Worcester that happened to be mostly minorities. We got smoked. It was 10 minutes in and it was 26-6. Once we got adjusted to the speed of the game, we were able to cut into the lead, and lose at a "respectable" 64-49. The lasting image will be of a really chubby guard they had, that kept stealing the ball off of my best guys - over and over. I'm like - pass guys, and the passing lanes were full of the other guys.

After talking to the coach, I can tell you this. They play about 4 times as much as we do. I could see for myself the speed and agressiveness that they played with. We went on a win steak because they knew they were not going to face a team this good the rest of the year.

In the late 60's and early 70's the idea of the game was still dominated by the Celtic style. Defense, passing, fast breaks, team work, layups. By the early 80's "street ball" was much more common, the 3 put another big hole in what was before. Come to today, the weakest pre college ball is in the NE, predominatly rich and white. The strongest ball near here is Hartford, Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Fall River, and other urban areas where it isn't so rich or so white.

It doesn't take a great athlete to make a lay-up, throw an outlet, put the ball on the ground, but it does when you compete with people that can do these things, and defend these things at lightening quick speed.

The differences are growing, not shrinking, and white suburbanites will never own the game as much as they did before the mid 60's.

nuggetsyankees
03-17-2010, 09:29 PM
how about Chris "Birdman" Anderson

dodie53
03-17-2010, 09:29 PM
jason kidd?

JWO35
03-17-2010, 09:31 PM
jason kidd?

:facepalm: lol

topdog
03-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Kidd-Dunleavy-Buddinger-Love-Kaman

Other contenders: Hinrich,Ridnour, Korver, Lee, Blake, Miller, Reddick, Jason Williams

As for the athleticism thing and on a more sobering note, you have to consider the institution of slavery and how it both intentionally and unintentionally bred blacks to be stronger, more efficient and durable workers. Some were forced into marriages based on the physical attributes and others' genetic lines continued solely because their bodies (as well as minds and spirits) were able to endure the harsh conditions and abuses of slavery.

MTone8788
03-17-2010, 09:34 PM
:facepalm: blind?

Yes actually I need glasses.

jason kidd?

His dad was black

zambo4president
03-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Tyler Hansbrough and JJ Redick?

TheKing23
03-17-2010, 09:36 PM
The Indiana Pacers

The Prodigy
03-17-2010, 09:44 PM

That's an alright book. I don't remember much about it though

showtym24
03-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Lee and kaman are the best

momoneyyyy
03-17-2010, 09:46 PM

are you serious me 2.. lol

IRUAM #21
03-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Chris Quinn
J.J. Redick
Adam Morrison
Brian Scalabrine
Josh Boone

:drool:

The Prodigy
03-17-2010, 09:50 PM
You hit some of it on the head. I have a story about 7th graders. We have a pretty sharp travel team, all white suburban boys. We are top three in a loose league of 18 teams - mostly all white. We have tough practices, we have two real gifted kids. Probably top 5-6 in the league. We got invited to go play a team in Worcester that happened to be mostly minorities. We got smoked. It was 10 minutes in and it was 26-6. Once we got adjusted to the speed of the game, we were able to cut into the lead, and lose at a "respectable" 64-49. The lasting image will be of a really chubby guard they had, that kept stealing the ball off of my best guys - over and over. I'm like - pass guys, and the passing lanes were full of the other guys.

After talking to the coach, I can tell you this. They play about 4 times as much as we do. I could see for myself the speed and agressiveness that they played with. We went on a win steak because they knew they were not going to face a team this good the rest of the year.

In the late 60's and early 70's the idea of the game was still dominated by the Celtic style. Defense, passing, fast breaks, team work, layups. By the early 80's "street ball" was much more common, the 3 put another big hole in what was before. Come to today, the weakest pre college ball is in the NE, predominatly rich and white. The strongest ball near here is Hartford, Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Fall River, and other urban areas where it isn't so rich or so white.

It doesn't take a great athlete to make a lay-up, throw an outlet, put the ball on the ground, but it does when you compete with people that can do these things, and defend these things at lightening quick speed.

The differences are growing, not shrinking, and white suburbanites will never own the game as much as they did before the mid 60's.

Yea I play HS ball in this Region(New England)in New London and we play a lot of teams filled with white kids and they are always easy games. They'll have 1 OK white or sometimes 1 really good one but the rest always are terrible. We always win easy even when our second team plays. Our team is currently playing in the Championship on Saturday at the Mohegan Sun.

Tblaze
03-17-2010, 09:53 PM
In my time at PSD I've seen this topic pass atleast 3 times I think :| Is it THAT interesting??

RaptorizedKevin
03-17-2010, 09:55 PM
andrew bogut/ andrea bargnani/ brad miller/ troy murphy
dirk nowikiski/ david lee/ kevin love
mike miller/ mike dunleavy/ peja stokavovic?
????/???
kirch hinrich

i really dont know

RaptorizedKevin
03-17-2010, 09:56 PM
theres alot of players who are mixed. like jason kidd is quater black. and mostly white . LOL people forgot steve nash, including me =[

GoatMilk
03-17-2010, 09:59 PM
how about Chris "Birdman" Anderson

how about no?

Chris Quinn
J.J. Redick
Adam Morrison
Brian Scalabrine
Josh Boone

Josh Boone is black. well not skin color wise, but he's African-American. maybe he's got some white in him though

IRUAM #21
03-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Aww damn, Then replace him with some white dude like Brad Miller

IRUAM #21
03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
????/???
kirch hinrich

i really dont know

Half of those guys aren't even American.

TheKing23
03-17-2010, 10:06 PM
????/???
kirch hinrich

i really dont know

You deserve a :facepalm: for spelling Peja Stojakovic's name so wrong.

You deserve another :facepalm: for thinking someone with the name Peja Stojakovic is American.

Hey Man
03-17-2010, 10:18 PM
The Indiana Pacers

lol

superkegger
03-17-2010, 10:25 PM
C: David Lee/Chris Kaman
PF: Kevin Love/Nick Collison
SF: Mike Miller/Luke Walton
SG: JJ Redick/Kyle Korver
PG: Kirk Hinrich/Luke Ridnour

And then they'd get the first overall pick, and well, they'd ahve to **** up they're all american whitey team. Or else make the worst draft pick of all time.

Tufnel_11
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
It's obvious that great, white, American born players are a minority in the NBA. And you know what, who cares? The sport is great because of all the talented players, from all backgrounds and ethnicities. As long as you play the game hard and fair you should be given whatever kudos come your way.

BuddhaMONK
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM

I love how it's racist to come up with an all white line up, but not racist to come up with an all-black lineup. Why would you say that you completely contradict yourself. BTW it's funny how the best whiteplayers come from countries other than the us. (Nowitzki, nash, gasol are better than any american white player)

CQSox305
03-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Long gone are the days when White American players were any good. Look at the decline in talent over the last 20 years. Imagine the NBA in 2020, there might be 5 white players and all of the will be 7'1 back up centers.

ldc62
03-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Troy Murphy is better than Miller.

arkanian215
03-17-2010, 10:53 PM
the future of american whiteboydom...

C: Cole Aldrich/Mason Plumlee/BJ Mullens
PF: Tyler Hansbrough/Luke Harangody
SF: Kyle Singler/Luke Babbit/Adam Morrison
SG: JJ Redick
PG: Jimmer ****ing Fredette/Jordan Farmar (im counting the jew)

ManRam
03-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Outside the Lines did a bit on this a few months ago. They were focusing it around Kyle Mcalarney who seemed to be under the impression that he wasn't getting enough attention because of his skin color. OTL investigated a little deeper, and it seem that whites are overlooked quite frequently, even when the people involved all perform the same (speed, height etc.) and come from similar background (college/HS). NBA scouts and organizations are basically scared of Caucasian-Americans for the most part, and I don't blame them.

I don't think it's discrimination at all...but the moral of the story was that Caucasian-American basketball players are a dying breed.

cameroncrazies2
03-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Probably a dumb question, but is Brook Lopez white? And I'm not sure if he has been mentioned yet, but Luke Ridnour as well.

ldc62
03-18-2010, 01:29 AM

The future looks bleak to say the least.

arkanian215
03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Probably a dumb question, but is Brook Lopez white? And I'm not sure if he has been mentioned yet, but Luke Ridnour as well.

he's a mix.

other mixed guys: shane battier, kris humphries, jason kidd, robin lopez, delonte west, josh boone, blake griffin, taylor griffin...

caseyrh
03-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Outside the Lines did a bit on this a few months ago. They were focusing it around Kyle Mcalarney who seemed to be under the impression that he wasn't getting enough attention because of his skin color. OTL investigated a little deeper, and it seem that whites are overlooked quite frequently, even when the people involved all perform the same (speed, height etc.) and come from similar background (college/HS). NBA scouts and organizations are basically scared of Caucasian-Americans for the most part, and I don't blame them.

I don't think it's discrimination at all...but the moral of the story was that Caucasian-American basketball players are a dying breed.

I actually was going to post something very similar to this but I didn't realize that outside the lines did a story on it.

My opinion on the matter is that in America lower level coaches (junior high through high school) are really pretty awful and the general consensus is to just win games and not develop fundamentals and teach basketball. So you go to a random organized game with 12-18 year olds and all you see for the most part is full court presses. Because kids at a young age have a very difficult time breaking the press. So what you get is all the best athletes playing the whole game in order to have the best full court press possible. It is the easiest way to win at that level. So the white kids who tend to develop physically more slowly get stuck on the bench from a young age and because of how terrible the coaching is they never really develop. But in europe they play a much slower game and focus more on fundamentals and skills. So those white kids get the opportunity to be important players on their team and develop properly.

Blindmolerat
03-18-2010, 07:42 PM
How is spencer hawes not on the future team? He is only a few months older than cole aldrich and he already starts in the NBA

0nekhmer
03-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Jason kid ................. he is born in America and is White. Even tho his parents are african american - irish

BkOriginalOne
03-18-2010, 07:57 PM

Yes, there I was. I made it.
Some people called me racist and then it was locked.
The same will happen here.

td0tsfinest
03-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Chris Kaman?

He may play for Germany but he's american born and raised. He's as white as it gets, growing up in a farm and all.

td0tsfinest
03-18-2010, 08:14 PM

He's white and cuban.

Grizz/Cowboys09
03-18-2010, 08:15 PM

exactly

td0tsfinest
03-18-2010, 08:17 PM
????/???
kirch hinrich

i really dont know

come on man. I may let Bogut and Dirk go but Andrea Bargnani?

king4day
03-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes, there I was. I made it.
Some people called me racist and then it was locked.
The same will happen here.

Anyone who considers this thread racist is too sensitive.

Grizz/Cowboys09
03-18-2010, 08:28 PM
I love how it's racist to come up with an all white line up, but not racist to come up with an all-black lineup. Why would you say that you completely contradict yourself. BTW it's funny how the best whiteplayers come from countries other than the us. (Nowitzki, nash, gasol are better than any american white player)

that's what i always wonder....i don't know much about foreigh high school hoops but i'm pretty sure the average high schooler in europe probaby is worse than the average white high schooler in america (i mean, all races in america play bball as kids).....so why do the best white players in the world all come from other countries...i would assume more white people are playing bball in america than other countries (cause we have so people in this country)....i would assume most white high school hoopsters in this country practice with or play against more athletic bballers on a regular basis than in other countries...so why can't average white bballer overachieve to superstar levels if white foreigners growing up playing lesser competition can..i mean Steve Nash had to grow up playing some busters in Canada, right?

king4day
03-18-2010, 08:28 PM
While Nash was born in Africa, he lived pretty much his whole life in Canada.
Unless we're talking just the USA and not all of North America.

pujolsdabomb5
03-18-2010, 08:29 PM

that would obviously be too easy

Grizz/Cowboys09
03-18-2010, 08:29 PM
I actually was going to post something very similar to this but I didn't realize that outside the lines did a story on it.

My opinion on the matter is that in America lower level coaches (junior high through high school) are really pretty awful and the general consensus is to just win games and not develop fundamentals and teach basketball. So you go to a random organized game with 12-18 year olds and all you see for the most part is full court presses. Because kids at a young age have a very difficult time breaking the press. So what you get is all the best athletes playing the whole game in order to have the best full court press possible. It is the easiest way to win at that level. So the white kids who tend to develop physically more slowly get stuck on the bench from a young age and because of how terrible the coaching is they never really develop. But in europe they play a much slower game and focus more on fundamentals and skills. So those white kids get the opportunity to be important players on their team and develop properly.

hmm...now i know...and knowing is half the battle

Grizz/Cowboys09
03-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Anyone who considers this thread racist is too sensitive.

exactly...people are way too sensitive these days

bagwell368
03-18-2010, 09:30 PM
How can a thread about a fact be racist? If people start writing racist comments, it could be a problem, but people unlike earlier attempts are trying to be fair.

There are not many people with Asian backgrounds playing basketball.

There are few non blacks playing CB in the NFL.

It's not racist to notice, ask why, and discuss.

Philly Hammer
03-18-2010, 09:41 PM
You can look to the Utah Jazz for a damn near all white american lineup.

unwantedplayer
03-18-2010, 09:43 PM
How can a thread about a fact be racist? If people start writing racist comments, it could be a problem, but people unlike earlier attempts are trying to be fair.

There are not many people with Asian backgrounds playing basketball.

There are few non blacks playing CB in the NFL.

It's not racist to notice, ask why, and discuss.

One of the very few times where I will agree with you bags.

mavwar53
03-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Just read all 15 posts on the first page and surprisingly no mention of troy Murphy.

JDMac80
03-18-2010, 09:54 PM
the 1/2 of j kidd that is white is better than any other pg you can name

JDMac80
03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
how about bird and mchale...they are still in the nba (front office) and can probably ball better right now than any of those mentioned here

bosoxlover12
03-18-2010, 09:59 PM
its interesting, because in the NFL, while the top RBs and WRs are black, the QBs are white. The white ppl are supposed to be the "brains", while the black ppl are the skills

seriously, think about it. Only 1 black QB has won a SB, and the top 10 qbs now are all white(mcnabb is my 11th best), while the best RBs and WRs are black. makes you think...

*not trying to be racist or to offend anyone in this msg

masalex1205
03-18-2010, 10:32 PM

I hope this is a joke...

Super.
03-18-2010, 11:47 PM
I hope this is a joke...

If you cant sense the sarcasm man...

I mean come on...he even put a smiley...

LeonFSU
03-19-2010, 12:51 AM

why is the fact that he's jewish relevant at all?

arkanian215
03-19-2010, 01:15 AM
why is the fact that he's jewish relevant at all?

cuz jews aren't white nor american. that's why we call black people black or african american and not american. same goes for other colored folk.

arkanian215
03-19-2010, 01:18 AM
its interesting, because in the NFL, while the top RBs and WRs are black, the QBs are white. The white ppl are supposed to be the "brains", while the black ppl are the skills

seriously, think about it. Only 1 black QB has won a SB, and the top 10 qbs now are all white(mcnabb is my 11th best), while the best RBs and WRs are black. makes you think...

*not trying to be racist or to offend anyone in this msg

too true man. too bad jamarcus russell and michael vick **** themselves over. they definitely had potential to be top 5 physically.

arkanian215
03-19-2010, 01:21 AM
go jimmer boy go!

RapOZo
03-19-2010, 08:22 AM
well, IMO the league one day is gonna become all African American, Basketball is our ****, we good at shootin, runnin, jumpin and stealing, so ... wait, what?

lol

bostncelts34
03-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Hinrich/J-Will
Mike Miller/JJ Reddick
Mike dunleavy/Kyle Korver
David Lee/troy murphy/Kevin Love
Kaman/Miller

nearyG
03-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Kaman/Anderson
Lee/Murphy
Dunleavy/Budinger
Miller/Reddick
Hinrich/Ridnour

can't wait...3 years from now the all-Canadian team will be ten-times better than these dudes

Dalembert/Magloire
Tristan Thompson/Anthony
Kris Joseph/Bonner
Corey Joseph/Devoe Joseph
Nash/Andy Rautins

Raph12
03-19-2010, 09:13 AM
First off, I really hope no body views this as a racist thread, if anyone does please close it. I just thought it was a good idea.

Almost all of the NBA is Black/European players. Very few are white-american. I dont have a problem with this at all because the black/european players playing in the league are great athletes.

With the few white guys in the league whenever they play i always root for them, because it's cool to see a white guy play on the court when he's basically the only one..i can relate.

If you had to make a team of White-American born CURRENT NBA players. What would it be? Mine:

What is yours?

With Tyler Hansborough as the 6th man... Nuff said.

BoognishMN
03-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Best hockey line of African American Players
Best American Soccer Players
Best Asian Football Players
Best Mexican Speedskater

While I am sure that gentics have something to do with this phenemonen, one has to also consider that sociology and culture weigh heavily on how athletes are drawn to one sport or another.

prodigy
03-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Is Troy murphy White/american?

magichatnumber9
03-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Oh boy I never like these race driven threads.

mser58
03-19-2010, 09:31 AM

See: Eastern Conference All- Stars
American Basketball Team
The Obvious

mser58
03-19-2010, 09:32 AM
PG Jimmer Fredette
SG JJ Reddick
SF Mike Dunleavy
PF David Lee
C Cole Aldrich

drouss48
03-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Brian Scalabrine, and Matt Bonner. I get extra points cause not only are they white...they're gingers too!

raidercincy
03-19-2010, 09:50 AM

What is yours?

keeping it real. this is very very very Week.

thescore53
03-19-2010, 10:01 AM
wheres steve nash canada is america

mrgajones1
03-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Steve Blake

jackdawson
03-19-2010, 05:40 PM
????/???
kirch hinrich

i really dont know:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Current American born-White NBA players. and spelling Nowitzki and Stojakovic

RaptorizedKevin
03-19-2010, 05:44 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Current American born-White NBA players. and spelling Nowitzki and Stojakovic

bogut is american . :facepalm:

deke173
03-19-2010, 06:06 PM
How is spencer hawes not on the future team? He is only a few months older than cole aldrich and he already starts in the NBA

I agree 100%. I think Hawes is better than Brad Miller right now.

deke173
03-19-2010, 06:10 PM
wheres steve nash canada is america

Canada is a 90% un-inhabited country in the North American continent.

Canada is NOT America!

Study a globe, eh.

:facepalm:

TheKing23
03-19-2010, 06:14 PM

:laugh2:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ovratd1up
03-19-2010, 06:21 PM

Stop it

Ovratd1up
03-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Nash/Hinrich
Manu/Mike Miller
Dunleavy/Nocioni
Love/Murphy
Lee/Brad Miller

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 06:33 PM

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Nash/Hinrich
Manu/Mike Miller
Dunleavy/Nocioni
Love/Murphy
Lee/Brad Miller

Ginobli and Nocioni are from Argentina, I don't even know what the hell Nash is, the rest are american.

Ovratd1up
03-19-2010, 06:40 PM
How can Manu and Noc be from South America and still not be from America? Doesn't make sense mathematically. Same goes for Nash, who is from Canada. And add Varejao.

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Nash is from Africa.

RaptorizedKevin
03-19-2010, 06:42 PM
whoops, waht i meant to say is. Boguts parents were born in austrailia, but he was born in the USA and attended the university of UTAH.

RaptorizedKevin
03-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Nash is from Africa.

Nash was born in canada, but his parents are south african.

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Born in South Africa on February 7, 1974, Stephen John Nash and his family moved to Canada when he was still a young boy

http://www.steve-nash.net/biography.html

Ovratd1up
03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Nash is from Africa.

Exactly... hence, African-American!

Ovratd1up
03-19-2010, 06:47 PM
My source begs to differ.

Born as a young boy in America, Steve Nash got older in age as the years passed

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Exactly... hence, African-American!

If that's the case, 80% of the NBA applies to this thread, this thread fails.

IRUAM #21
03-19-2010, 06:49 PM
My source begs to differ.

Really, he got older ? what a freak.

GoatMilk
03-19-2010, 06:53 PM
im so sick of seeing Kirk Hinrich and Mike Miller on these lists. not saying they suck, im just sick of seeing those names.
a few years ago, Luke Walton even.

lets get some new names?

Steve Blake and Chase Budinger are on my team.

C. Kaman/Troy Murphy/Spencer Hawes
PF. Lee/Kevin Love
SF. Mike Dunleavy Jr./Jason Kapono/Adam Morrison
SG. Chase Budinger/Matt Carroll
PG. Steve Blake/Luke Ridnour/Travis Diener

flores
03-19-2010, 06:56 PM
lol travis diener

MaHaRaJaH
03-19-2010, 06:58 PM

Because some teams are already like that lol

GoatMilk
03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
I needed a 3rd string PG
oh i didnt put Redick in.
let me fix it

PF. Lee/Kevin Love
SG. Chase Budinger/JJ Redick
PG. Steve Blake/Luke Ridnour

Morrison could play SG/SF
Redick is my back up 2 and 3rd string PG

Ovratd1up
03-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I needed a 3rd string PG
oh i didnt put Redick in.
let me fix it

PF. Lee/Kevin Love
SG. Chase Budinger/JJ Redick
PG. Steve Blake/Luke Ridnour

Morrison could play SG/SF
Redick is my back up 2 and 3rd string PG

:speechless:

D1JM
03-19-2010, 07:14 PM
i cant believe people left out Kevin Love?

scyfer
03-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Chris Quinn
J.J. Redick
Adam Morrison
Brian Scalabrine
Josh Boone

No squad is complete without Jason Williams.

The destruction that awaits their competition.

:cool:

GatorKid117
03-19-2010, 07:16 PM
C--Kaman
PF-Lee
SF--Murphy/Dunleavy
SG--Miller
PG--Ridnour

Ridnour has had a great season thus far, much better than Hinrich and Blake. Even though he's a backup he's shooting much better and is averaging a decent amount of assists per 36. If you wanted defense here I could see Hinrich but that is the only case for him imo.

I like Murphy a lot and feel he should be on the list somehow so I bumped him up to SF. He doesn't play there much but I think it could work out.

Everyone else, self explanatory.

topdog
03-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I can't believe this thread has gotten to 8 pages. Seriously, there's like 16 American white guys in the league and very few controversies over who is the best at his position - Love and Lee are the hardest call... for some.

BuddhaMONK
03-19-2010, 07:28 PM
that's what i always wonder....i don't know much about foreigh high school hoops but i'm pretty sure the average high schooler in europe probaby is worse than the average white high schooler in america (i mean, all races in america play bball as kids).....so why do the best white players in the world all come from other countries...i would assume more white people are playing bball in america than other countries (cause we have so people in this country)....i would assume most white high school hoopsters in this country practice with or play against more athletic bballers on a regular basis than in other countries...so why can't average white bballer overachieve to superstar levels if white foreigners growing up playing lesser competition can..i mean Steve Nash had to grow up playing some busters in Canada, right?

i don't know how steve nash got so good the ppl he played with growing up with were a joke, probably the reasonhe's such a bad defender.

jackdawson
03-19-2010, 08:57 PM

what an ignorant ******* you are!!!!!!!!!! now you are showing how little you know about basketball! first saying 4 foreign players are american by born and spelling two of their names wrong and now giving me facepalms without knowing where andrew bogut is from. I cant believe you watch nba and have an account in PSD. I thought PSD was for mature people, not for ignorant kids.
Bogut was born in VICTORIA which is in Australia. Learn from here and be grateful to me because I tought you 4 things today.
It's here--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Bogut

My pleasure! You are welcome!

NY Till I Die
03-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Yes I did bring this up before but please look at the link and tell me what difference you see from now to then.

I SEE ONE MAJOR DIFFERENCE AND ITS FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR???????

http://http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444026

netsgiantsyanks
03-20-2010, 09:35 AM
pg kirk hinrich
sg mike miller
sf mike dunleavy
pf d. lee
c brook lopez

i was bout to say mike bibby and jason kidd but i forgot they were half black :p

Young and Stupid
03-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Learn from here and be grateful to me because I tought you 4 things today.

IRUAM #21
03-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I thought PSD was for mature people, not for ignorant kids.

:laugh:

thescore53
03-20-2010, 02:46 PM
wow kevin your an idiot nash was born in south africa and grew up in canada

td0tsfinest
03-20-2010, 03:01 PM

Bogut is australian dude.

AntwanN21
03-20-2010, 03:05 PM
but im reading to kill a mockingbird in english.

!!!!!!! aha me to man

PBG
03-20-2010, 05:23 PM
what about the REAL king as sixth man, JJ REDDICK in the hizzy!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-20-2010, 06:50 PM
wow kevin your an idiot nash was born in south africa and grew up in canada

:laugh::laugh2::laugh: