PDA

View Full Version : Will it be time to trade Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett if Boston doesn't

JordansBulls
03-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Will it be time to trade Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett if Boston doesn't win the title this year or even get out of the 2nd round?

Basically trade their players for some young guys and allow Pierce and Garnett to go to teams that can possibly win it all.

Examples: Sending Garnett to Atlanta for Josh Smith or Pierce to Portland for Oden or Aldridge.

Showmeyourtds
03-17-2010, 04:52 PM
You wont get that much value back for either, why would any team be inclined to trade a top young chip for over the hill veterans? It would be counterproductive to their efforts to get young and rebuild.

Gibby23
03-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Who would trade for an old player with a fat contract. Even if some team takes them, it will later on when the contract is about to expire.

Gibby23
03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Will it be time to trade Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett if Boston doesn't win the title this year or even get out of the 2nd round?

Basically trade their players for some young guys and allow Pierce and Garnett to go to teams that can possibly win it all.

Examples: Sending Garnett to Atlanta for Josh Smith or Pierce to Portland for Oden or Aldridge.

Atlanta and Portland would never do that.

twoearl
03-17-2010, 04:55 PM
yeah i agree with everyone else. Nobody is going to give us a young stud for an over the hill peirce or KG. Boston is stuck with them and will just have to wait till thier contract runs out.

avrpatsfan
03-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Portland would do it for Greg Oden. But otherwise you're right.

Raph12
03-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Why would Atlanta trade J-Smoove for an injury-prone beat up KG? And Portland would'nt be stupid enough to give away Aldridge or Oden for Pierce.

IRUAM #21
03-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Portland would do it for Greg Oden. But otherwise you're right.

I would never do that, Oden could still end up being a very good player.

avrpatsfan
03-17-2010, 05:01 PM

You might not but Portland might. I wouldn't want it either. I'd rather have Perkins.

JordansBulls
03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
No one said those deals would go down, but something that gives the Celtics some young guns in return in order for those teams to be legit contenders next year is the point I was trying to make.

shep33
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Really there ain't much to get back, i mean your not gonna get a couple of stud 20 year olds. I think KG still has some value, and i don't think the Celts would trade Pierce. By KG having trade value i mean like for a solid player or maybe a player that has potential. The problem with KG getting traded is his contract, he's pulling in 20 mill a year, and its gonna be hard to match the numbers, so he won't get traded either.

shep33
03-17-2010, 05:54 PM

haha yeah i don't know why on earth they'd do that. Josh Smith does everything and he's what 24 years old? Aldridge is the 2nd scoring option for the Blazers, and is still young.

More realistically, say... KG for a player like Maxiell and another player, cause really KG's had a great career, but no team wants to invest in a 33 year old with an injury that has bothered him for 2 years now.

jim51990
03-17-2010, 05:59 PM
i want pierce to retire a celtic but id trade kg just to rid ourselves of the contract and try to get melo in fa 2011

PatsSoxKnicks
03-17-2010, 05:59 PM

Why would Atlanta want to trade Josh Smith for Garnett? That deal makes no sense from Atlanta's standpoint

And why would Portland want to trade Aldridge for Pierce? Again, makes no sense from Portland's standpoint.

The Celtics rip off both teams in either of those deals, maybe Pierce for Oden but in that case the C's don't get enough in return since Oden is always injured. None of those deals make sense.

beerman28
03-17-2010, 06:02 PM
i think everybody can agree oden is a bust... and garnett for josh smith would be a total rape on atlanta... they get an old player on the downslope of his career whos always injured.. while boston gets a 24 yr old stud.. id love to have josh smith that easily...

ldc62
03-17-2010, 06:19 PM
P^2 is retiring a Celtic... that would be disrespectful otherwise.

wolf3742
03-17-2010, 06:23 PM
i want pierce to retire a celtic but id trade kg just to rid ourselves of the contract and try to get melo in fa 2011

I'll trade Peja and Mo PEte (19 mil, both 2011 expiring) for KG :D

Raidaz4Life
03-17-2010, 06:24 PM
You wont get that much value back for either, why would any team be inclined to trade a top young chip for over the hill veterans? It would be counterproductive to their efforts to get young and rebuild.

Thats what I was thinking.... if they could get that much value for either of them they should have made the move by now.

RaiderLakersA's
03-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Sometimes it's not up to the player, as much as I hate to say that. Pierce SHOULD retire a Celtic, but what if he decides that he can still play when the Celtics no longer need/want him?

Ragun
03-17-2010, 06:30 PM

i think they SHOULD but i dont think they WOULD.

atlanta would never trade josh smith for garnett.

Reversed86Curse
03-17-2010, 06:35 PM
IMO Danny would be more inclined to move other pieces to bring other talent to Boston so PP and KG can win another banner in BOSTON. Even two years from now with the current starters they have they'll be an above .500 team

deuces
03-17-2010, 06:41 PM
yes, every team was calling up the C's wondering what they would have to give up for an injured kevin garnett who can is not that good at defense anyymore

the only player that will get value back for them is pp, but that is iff they move him this off season

bagwell368
03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
The deal with these sorts of trades is to take the expiring contract of a max for the longer contract of a max. Usually the longer term max is overpaid but can play, the short term max could be near useless. If you think you can get Bosh and you need him, then you might well do it.

For instance Monta Ellis and another guy could have been dealt for Allen. Someone didn't like the deal, I think it was the Celts, because Ellis hogs up way too many FG attempts, so his form of improvement would have been negative, no deal. Everybody got all hung up on Allen. He doesn't matter, his slot does, they have a new Ellis and a much better player, so why do they need Ellis, they don't.

The Celtics in my opinion are in tough shape, and even with wise moves, it could be 2014 before they are young and ready to move forward.

bagwell368
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
IMO Danny would be more inclined to move other pieces to bring other talent to Boston so PP and KG can win another banner in BOSTON. Even two years from now with the current starters they have they'll be an above .500 team

There is no combination of players we can afford under the cap, along with draft picks that will bring another banner to Boston IMO. PP & KG are aging and injured, and league history with very very few exceptions indicates that this is so.

In two years with no significant help added, they will be under .500.

The Celts were too easy going on the Cowens/White/Havlicek & Bird/McHale teams, and paid a massive price. Let the dissolution begin.

CowboysKB24
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
They won't be worth much value.

I don't think the Celtics are done. Everyone will see how different the playoffs are. It is all about the matchups. Their defense is good enough to get it done. Experience is huge in the playoffs. They have the most experience out of any team.

bagwell368
03-17-2010, 07:54 PM

Sports is a business. By the end of this season PP will have earned over $102M from the Celtics in salary. If he wants to renegotiate his deal to a very low price and stay - great. If he thinks he should stay as a max contract? I'd be happy to lop off his head.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-17-2010, 07:55 PM

So could adam morrison :shrug:

PurpleJesus
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
whoes going to eat those contracts?

PurpleJesus
03-17-2010, 08:09 PM
the celtics mortgaged their future to get KG and Ray Allen, they won a title, so it was worth it, unfortunately for Boston, it is going to take a long time to rebuild, currently there team is on a decline and will steadily decline until KG and Pierce contracts are up...also unfortunate is that the team wont be able to rebuild until those contracts are up

GspLAL
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Atlanta and Portland were just examples of the type of trade that might happen so stop saying "why would so and so do that"

bagwell368
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
They won't be worth much value.

I don't think the Celtics are done. Everyone will see how different the playoffs are. It is all about the matchups. Their defense is good enough to get it done. Experience is huge in the playoffs. They have the most experience out of any team.

I've seen dynasty after dynasty fail - almost always due to age and injury and sometimes to increasing chemistry issues.

This years Celts are better in these ways over two years ago: Rondo, Perk

The big 3 is worse, the bench is worse, Sheed is a cancerous disaster. Daniels is nothing like he was a few years ago.

They are goners no later then the 2nd round. It's like the posr '76 Celts, or the 82'-'83 Celts that laid down to get Fitch fired. Outside of Rondo and Perk, they are dogs/old/injured - done.

celtisox41
03-17-2010, 08:18 PM
I would trade KG (as much as i love him) if they could get the right price. Let him play half of a year next year and show other teams he can still play, then send him to a bad team and hope you hit the jackpot in the lottery. There's no chance they get a young star like josh smith though, no one will give someone that young and athletic for garnett in this point of his career. Pierce shouldn't be traded, he is still a top flight player and he should retire as a celtic

bagwell368
03-17-2010, 08:22 PM
the celtics mortgaged their future to get KG and Ray Allen, they won a title, so it was worth it, unfortunately for Boston, it is going to take a long time to rebuild, currently there team is on a decline and will steadily decline until KG and Pierce contracts are up...also unfortunate is that the team wont be able to rebuild until those contracts are up

There are teams that can now, or more likely later want PP or KG, not for the player so much, but the expiring max contract.

At times teams will give up a solid $10M contract player that has 3 years, that might only be worth $7.5M, and a solid $6M, with third guy that might not even be in playing shape for say PP. The team isn't doing this to compete and win, it's doing it to get rid of players with 3/3/2 years left for a guy with 1 year left. I'm not as up on all this as I should be, but I believe this is one way it happens.

bagwell368
03-17-2010, 08:36 PM
I would trade KG (as much as i love him) if they could get the right price. Let him play half of a year next year and show other teams he can still play, then send him to a bad team and hope you hit the jackpot in the lottery. There's no chance they get a young star like josh smith though, no one will give someone that young and athletic for garnett in this point of his career. Pierce shouldn't be traded, he is still a top flight player and he should retire as a celtic

Pierce was elite from '01-'09 (minus two years). He's going to be 33 in October, and has perhaps one more fine borderline elite year left. After that he's toast. Bird was done at age 32 (injury aided). Havlicek was done being lite after 34 (and that's unusually late), Bernard King 27, Wilkes 29, Worthy 29, AC Green 31. The NBA is a tough league, and Pierce has slowed noticeably.

If it helps the team I believe we have no choice but to move him. PP does not put butts in seats. Winning does.

JordansBulls
03-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I've seen dynasty after dynasty fail - almost always due to age and injury and sometimes to increasing chemistry issues.

This years Celts are better in these ways over two years ago: Rondo, Perk

The big 3 is worse, the bench is worse, Sheed is a cancerous disaster. Daniels is nothing like he was a few years ago.

They are goners no later then the 2nd round. It's like the posr '76 Celts, or the 82'-'83 Celts that laid down to get Fitch fired. Outside of Rondo and Perk, they are dogs/old/injured - done.

The Celtics aren't really that old. Bulls won the title 3 years in a row with the oldest team in the league.

lakersfan211
03-18-2010, 04:20 AM

aint it something bean town fans loved kg when they won the title , talk about jumping off the bandwagon .

zadora5
03-18-2010, 01:41 PM
i think they both would do it

Hawkeye15
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Boston knew they bought themselves a small window by trading for vets. The window is closed basically. They will have a problem getting equal value back at this point, no team is going to give up a young stud for a broken down vet who misses a lot of games.

BOSTON617
03-18-2010, 01:52 PM
i dont want to trade kg or pierce lol they both arent 100 % or atleast not palying 100 % kg is still great look at how many shots he takes a game compared to 2 seasons ago i think when playoffs come they will surprise everyone

SeoulBeatz
03-18-2010, 01:54 PM

Yes, except neither of those trades would happen.

but Boston should try to rebuild if they can't make a run this year because for some reason the team just doesn't have it right now.

rebuild around rondo and get younger, but try to make a run this year

Avenged
03-18-2010, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't want to see Pierce in any other team besides the Celtics. Loyalty for your team doesnt come often. But Pierce for Aldridge isn't that far fetched RIGHT NOW. In the long run it is.

tjlipford
03-18-2010, 02:06 PM
The Celtics had a good one year plan. Nobody wants those old heads.

bagwell368
03-18-2010, 02:08 PM
The Celtics aren't really that old. Bulls won the title 3 years in a row with the oldest team in the league.

#1 Bulls tied for best record and were 1st in SRS 7.24 that 3rd title year; Celts are tied for 7th and could end up 9th or 10th, the SRS is 7th at 3.93. If your point was the Celts are as good (and they were) you'd have a point. But in fact they are not as good. I watch them at least a 1/4 every night, and they are done. This isn't 1968 finishing in the last playoff seed in the East and then win a bunch of series 4-3 against young and better teams, because Russell wouldn't let it happen, Red either. Red isn't the coach, and while KG two years ago was in as high a stratosphere as you could ask, he's not there now, nor will he ever being going back there. The Bulls didn't have a walking cancer like Sheed either.

#2. In the last of those 3 years, Jordan was 34, Pippen 32, and Rodman 36. Age effects 1,2,3's earlier then it does 4's and 5's, in particular 4's and 5's that don't shoot much.

#3. While Pippen only played 44 games in the regular season he was huge in the post season.

Allen is 34, KG 33, Pierce 32. Despite more games played then SP, KG's nagging problems this year are effecting him in game worse. KG also hit the pros when he was 19, so he has the mileage of your basic 36 year old.

This year for the Celts is the same as that 3rd year for the Bulls because Allen isn't coming back, and unlike it, in that it will two years in a row w/o the prize.

mikantsass
03-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Pierce has only 1 year after this year on his contract. I dont see the C's trading him. KG is almost untradeable at this point. Who would want to pay him 20mil per yr? Maybe next year the Celtics struggle with the old guys, but the year after that they have tons of cap space.

bagwell368
03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
aint it somthing bean town fans loved kg when they one the title , talk about jumping off the bandwagon .

I'm glad he was here, I never knew he was this great until I saw him play most of those games 2 years ago.

I'm a Celts fan since 1966, and I'd throw Bill Russell, Larry Bird, John Havlicek, Pierce, KG, Cowens, Silas, Nelson, KC or anybody else to the wolves, or in the street in their skivvies, to improve the Celts, even a 2% improvement.

It has nothing to do with the bandwagon, or loyalty. The Raiders Al Davis might be a doddering fool now, but about 35 years ago he said "Just win baby!", and no truer words were ever spoken in sports.

bagwell368
03-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Pierce has only 1 year after this year on his contract. I dont see the C's trading him. KG is almost untradeable at this point. Who would want to pay him 20mil per yr? Maybe next year the Celtics struggle with the old guys, but the year after that they have tons of cap space.

A team with a $13M guy that has a deal for 3 more years, plus a couple of other make a deal guys, that wants the max contract to expire on thier books and get someone better, why is this such a hard concept (not you) that keeps getting asked over and over.

Russollini
03-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I do not think they move them as it would be considered a salary dump, but I could see the cavs going after KG if (when) they resign James. That could be a good carrot for him. For some reason they like going after old guys that are good vets but washed up.

tjlipford
03-18-2010, 02:24 PM
i dont want to trade kg or pierce lol they both arent 100 % or atleast not palying 100 % kg is still great look at how many shots he takes a game compared to 2 seasons ago i think when playoffs come they will surprise everyone
Why does everybody keep thinking that the Celtics are just gonna turn it up and start beating the top teams? They are not spring chickens anymore. They are not as good as they was and people need to accept the fact.

BOSTON617
03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Why does everybody keep thinking that the Celtics are just gonna turn it up and start beating the top teams? They are not spring chickens anymore. They are not as good as they was and people need to accept the fact.

lol your delusional playoffs is a whole nother chapter of the book so just because there not doing good makes them not good enough to win the bobcats can win anyone can just because your cavs are # 1 doesnt mean they win lol :facepalm: im not saying the celts will win i just hope they do i got faith in my team and i actually feel that we can win the past couple of weeks is looking better and better for us

mikantsass
03-18-2010, 02:38 PM
A team with a $13M guy that has a deal for 3 more years, plus a couple of other make a deal guys, that wants the max contract to expire on thier books and get someone better, why is this such a hard concept (not you) that keeps getting asked over and over.

No i get the concept, But other than this year collecting expirings arent exactly top priorities for teams

Lakers4ItAll
03-18-2010, 02:46 PM
I say keep Pierce till he retires he was with the team thru good and bad, so it should be up to him. Get rid of Garnett after this season

clehmun
03-18-2010, 02:51 PM
lol your delusional playoffs is a whole nother chapter of the book so just because there not doing good makes them not good enough to win the bobcats can win anyone can just because your cavs are # 1 doesnt mean they win lol :facepalm: im not saying the celts will win i just hope they do i got faith in my team and i actually feel that we can win the past couple of weeks is looking better and better for us

i had a headache trying to read this post.

tjlipford
03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Believe me just because we are number 1 does not mean anything but that we will have home court advantage. As everybody witnessed last year that does not always matter. As a celtics fan u are supposed to have faith in your team but I think they will have a hard time beating the Cavs or Orlando this year based on what I seen in the season.

tjlipford
03-18-2010, 02:55 PM
i had a headache trying to read this post.
LOL, I had to respond though

avrpatsfan
03-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Believe me just because we are number 1 does not mean anything but that we will have home court advantage. As everybody witnessed last year that does not always matter. As a celtics fan u are supposed to have faith in your team but I think they will have a hard time beating the Cavs or Orlando this year based on what I seen in the season.

Agreed. BOSTON617 don't hate on them.

BOSTON617
03-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I'M not an enlish major. sorry! professor :(

BOSTON617
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I'M not an english major. sorry! professor :(

sep11ie
03-18-2010, 03:28 PM
KG will be in Boston till he nothing more than an expiring contract they can trade to some team looking to clear cap space in a few years.

magichatnumber9
03-18-2010, 03:39 PM
aint it somthing bean town fans loved kg when they one the title , talk about jumping off the bandwagon .
When Kobez goes into decline you'll understand. A franchise is like water you have to keep moving to stay fresh.

magichatnumber9
03-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Boston would be stupid not to move KG in the offseason or during next season. Our ownership group is on point. Front office is motivated and obviously rested after 3 years of the big 3. Were good.

J-Relo
03-18-2010, 04:59 PM

Not worth.

They are old, not the same, not going to be better, decline... Thinking that they are the best, unstopable, greatest players in the world made them lose those champion rings....

PHX2daDEATH
03-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I could see either of these guys going to teams who are a piece away from contending.. OKC has pieces you would think to make a move at KG.. Thunder's defense is already good and you never know , KG could squeeze out atleast 2 more years.. You would have to think every team in the west would be interested in aquiring these guys.. The way laker fans pound on Pau and Bynum, Im sure they would approve of getting KG right? i think either would great fits with Utah too

celtisox41
03-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Pierce was elite from '01-'09 (minus two years). He's going to be 33 in October, and has perhaps one more fine borderline elite year left. After that he's toast. Bird was done at age 32 (injury aided). Havlicek was done being lite after 34 (and that's unusually late), Bernard King 27, Wilkes 29, Worthy 29, AC Green 31. The NBA is a tough league, and Pierce has slowed noticeably.

If it helps the team I believe we have no choice but to move him. PP does not put butts in seats. Winning does.

Winning does do that, but pierce is one of the reasons they win

celtisox41
03-19-2010, 03:19 PM
I do not think they move them as it would be considered a salary dump, but I could see the cavs going after KG if (when) they resign James. That could be a good carrot for him. For some reason they like going after old guys that are good vets but washed up.

The celtics would never trade him to the cavs, they are eastern conference rivals and if the celtics have any shot at winning it they won't trade kg. Also they'd only get a late first or a bad bench player so why would they do it?

celtisox41
03-19-2010, 03:20 PM
I could see either of these guys going to teams who are a piece away from contending.. OKC has pieces you would think to make a move at KG.. Thunder's defense is already good and you never know , KG could squeeze out atleast 2 more years.. You would have to think every team in the west would be interested in aquiring these guys.. The way laker fans pound on Pau and Bynum, Im sure they would approve of getting KG right? i think either would great fits with Utah too

The celtics would never trade KG to the lakers

JordansBulls
03-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Winning does do that, but pierce is one of the reasons they win

:nod:

king4day
03-19-2010, 04:46 PM

I think if it were for Bynum or Gasol, they'd highly consider it.

JordansBulls
03-23-2010, 08:47 AM

Not at his age.

bostonfan99
03-23-2010, 09:13 AM
pierce has been the face of our franchise I think we should keep him 'till he retires

KG, Allen, and Wallace - these veteran players we added just to make a run at a championship was nice at the time, but now there age is showing and we need to have a youth movement and get pierce one more championship before he retires...and hopefully one day we can see a "Paul Pierce" up in the rafters of the fakegarden

JNA17
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM

:laugh:

avrpatsfan
03-23-2010, 10:36 AM

Really? Haha of course. How about KG for Josh Powell? Championship!

td0tsfinest
03-23-2010, 10:53 AM
I still think Pierce can still play at this level for another 2-3 years.

KG on the other hand is slowly declining, his intensity will always be there but physically his body is just getting older.

A big change could be made if the Celtics can't get out of the 2nd round or worse.

magichatnumber9
03-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Owners are retards, someone will pick up Garnett's contract, that's a fact

Corey
03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
I've already stated many times they will just ride the contracts out. Pierce will re-sign on short money in all likelihood, and Garnett will likely expire and retire, or sign an MLE deal somewhere.

BOSTON617
03-23-2010, 02:30 PM
I've already stated many times they will just ride the contracts out. Pierce will re-sign on short money in all likelihood, and Garnett will likely expire and retire, or sign an MLE deal somewhere.

the pierce theory is prob true but kg retire i really dont think that would happen at all

J Dub8299
03-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I would keep them...at this point what can you really get for Garnett that is going to make your team better? Paul is one of those players who should play his whole career with the team he came into the league with.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Garnett is limping around on his last leg with a huge contract, I doubt many takers would be out there and what they would be willing to send back probably wouldn't be of much value anyway.

Pierce will retire a Celtic.

Now perhaps a sign and trade for Allen is possible but I think they will more than likely make a couple of minor off season moves and give it one last good try. Their window hasn't totally closed yet.

JordansBulls
03-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Garnett is limping around on his last leg with a huge contract, I doubt many takers would be out there and what they would be willing to send back probably wouldn't be of much value anyway.

Pierce will retire a Celtic.

Now perhaps a sign and trade for Allen is possible but I think they will more than likely make a couple of minor off season moves and give it one last good try. Their window hasn't totally closed yet.

Who in the world would use Ray Allen other than a team like Dallas Maybe?

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 04:03 PM

Dallas, Phoenix, Golden State, New Orleans, The Spurs... just to name a few. A pure shooting 2 gaurd is still a hot commodity, even if he's on the decline.

Crystal Meth
03-23-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't think you ever trade Pierce or KG. At this point in their careers what can you really get for them? When Ray Allen comes off the books Danny will be able to sign one nice player and a few role players or a bunch of mid level exception veterans players to play with Pierce, KG, and Rondo. They'll be just fine.

jimbobjarree
03-23-2010, 04:17 PM

Utah could use him

JonnyBrav000
03-23-2010, 04:18 PM
If Boston wants to remain a power team they will trade them this offseason, because there is no way the celtics can win with this team next season. Honestly, they cannot seriously expect to win it all this season as well, the Magic, Cavs, Lakers and Nuggets are all better. One of those teams will be the champs this year.

I think they should keep Pierce tho and show some loyalty to him.

But Garnett and Allen can go, however, can they really get any value there?

Tony_Starks
03-23-2010, 04:25 PM
If Boston wants to remain a power team they will trade them this offseason, because there is no way the celtics can win with this team next season. Honestly, they cannot seriously expect to win it all this season as well, the Magic, Cavs, Lakers and Nuggets are all better. One of those teams will be the champs this year.

I think they should keep Pierce tho and show some loyalty to him.

But Garnett and Allen can go, however, can they really get any value there?

I can't see anybody realistically trading for KG. He has one of the biggest contracts for the next three years and with a lockout looming and potential salary cap impications he could financially cripple your franchise.

I agree about the loyalty to Pierce deal though. If any player in the league deserves it he does. Hopefully they do the right thing but you never know.....

bagwell368
03-23-2010, 04:32 PM
U guys kill me. Many max contract vets get dealt in the final year for a package of players making the same coin that have 2-3-4 years left. Both teams figure to get better. The team that gets the guy often cuts them. It isn't meant as a head to head deal, that's rare. It's amazing how many people insist that that's all you can do. Check the NBA trades of big contract guys, and explain to me what happened.

Lakers4ItAll
03-23-2010, 04:44 PM

Da Bulls

shep33
03-23-2010, 05:03 PM
They make so much money that its gonna be difficult to trade them.

Remember when Tmac got traded, a lot of players got involved to make that deal happen. In KG your talking about a guy who is gonna be 34 by the end of the year, so he really has less value than Tmac at this point, cause at least Tmac was an expiring.

Really i don't know what they can get for either of them back. I don't think they'll trade Pierce, he's had injuries and can still be productive. Will Ray come back? Don't know, he wants to, but i don't think the Celts want him. Basically Boston is gonna be screwed for the next 2 years with trying to get big name guys to come there.

Sixerlover
03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't know what the market for Paul Pierce would be given his age and his position. SF is a dime a dozen kind of position, and for someone with a contract like his it would be very hard to move.

smith&wesson
03-23-2010, 05:16 PM
reggie evans & rasho nesterovic for garnet lol and bellinelli too. oh and marcus banks, and patrick obryant. lol

youll have to wave scalabrine to have the roster room to make the trade work lol

deal ??

reggie evans
rasho nesterovic
bellinelli
marcus banks

for garnet

bradyoverrated
03-23-2010, 05:33 PM

it may end up "being time to" trade them under the stated scenario, but i'll be quite shocked if pierce gets traded. garnett...maybe, just maybe so.

i think this year, ray allen gets an extension for significantly reduced wages, and the same happens next year with pierce. the next year, depending on health, garnett may retire, or sign a cheap deal, himself.

whatever happens, they need younger talent. and they need glen davis to develop significantly.

jackdawson
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM

Orlando. He will be deadly in orlando with Dwight.

MagicDojo
03-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Orlando. He will be deadly in orlando with Dwight.

i wouldnt want Allen in Orlando unless it was for the 1mil vet exception. Hes tired.

JordansBulls
03-23-2010, 11:38 PM
i wouldnt want Allen in Orlando unless it was for the 1mil vet exception. Hes tired.

I'd take him in Chicago for 2 years.