PDA

View Full Version : Baron: "Brandon should be ROY b/c it's all about winning"

td0tsfinest
03-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Baron Davis knows a few things about playing the point guard position.

So when the Los Angeles Clippers' star says he thinks Bucks guard Brandon Jennings should be the league's rookie of the year, you listen.

"I think Brandon should be the rookie of the year because it's all about winning in this league," Davis said after the Clippers' practice session Tuesday. "He's been winning, and he's been doing a good job of leading his team.

"He's had the numbers and all the accolades. He's definitely the point guard of the future in this league."

Jennings was the early favorite for the rookie of the year award, after he piled up 55 points against Golden State in his seventh game with the Bucks.

"I've been watching him since before he went to high school," Davis said. "He's always had that focus and that confidence. It's great to see your little brother grow up and be doing it. He's like a little brother to me. I just have a lot of respect for his game.

"I always knew he was going to make it, and at the level he's performing, I'm not surprised."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/88022322.html

So now its brings the discussion, should winning percentage of team plus the players contribution be a main factor in determining ROY?

Slimsim
03-17-2010, 10:01 AM
I agree even though Curry and Evans are beasting they have losing records. Beside player usually look good on losing teams, I mean look at David lee prime example.

cubulls
03-17-2010, 10:03 AM
So, because he contributes a horrendous FG% to a winning team, he should win? um no...it would be a huge slap in the face to guys like Evans and Curry.

Raph12
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
20-5-5 is pretty hard to beat in any way you cut it.

Think of it like this, if Evans was on the Bucks, they'd be a much better team for it... I'm sorry but 37FG% just doesn't cut it for me (and I was a big supporter of him earlier this season).

xxseven72ducexx
03-17-2010, 10:29 AM
just bc the Bucks are winning doesn't necessarily mean that Jennings should win ROY...after John Salmons came over in that trade they've been like 13-1 or something like that, should that mean he wins MVP? NO...Evans and Curry are putting up veteran numbers compared to Jennings and that's why they're considered the heavy favorites to win...this award should have nothing to do with winning or win percentage unless both players have very similar numbers and one is on a winning team and the other is not

da wood
03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
I want to know how in the world would that be a slap in the face. Nobody ever said that either Curry or Evens were shoe ins for the award. Jennings is doing his thing on a team that was garbage last year, and have been pretty much playing without there best player all year long. Shooting percentages is not the end all in determaning the ROY.

ValuePick
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
He brings up a good point, I doubt the voters would go that way though. You can keep bringing up the FG% and prove that you don't watch the Bucks ever. During the Bucks current winning streak he hits big shots at key points of the game. He runs the show and Andrew Bogut benefits greatly from his PG play.

You have a chance tonite on ESPN at 10:30 ET.

All that said, I think he should finish ahead of Curry and in 2nd place behind Tyreke Evans, who is just a beast.

da wood
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Hell i can probly get 20-5-5 if i were the main guy on a team as garbage as Sac

SFGiants4life
03-17-2010, 10:33 AM
I want to know how in the world would that be a slap in the face. Nobody ever said that either Curry or Evens were shoe ins for the award. Jennings is doing his thing on a team that was garbage last year, and have been pretty much playing without there best player all year long. Shooting percentages is not the end all in determaning the ROY.

When you are averaging 20/5/5 on a terrible team (kings were worst team in the league last year) only 17 wins last year, if you watch Tyreke play (just watch the highlights against the Lakers yesterday...the kid went 25/11/9 against the Lakers with a less than average teammates there is no way he doeesn't win it

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Melo shoulda won ROY over LeBron!

king4day
03-17-2010, 10:44 AM
the ROY award never is about winning. Seems like it's all about personal stats first, and then other intangibles.
Evans would be on a winner had Memphis drafted him.

Double_R
03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
20-5-5 is pretty hard to beat in any way you cut it.

Think of it like this, if Evans was on the Bucks, they'd be a much better team for it... I'm sorry but 37FG% just doesn't cut it for me (and I was a big supporter of him earlier this season).

Im with ya, if you shoot under 40% from the field, you should automatically be taken out of award contention

mavwar53
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
So because Curry has basically played with everyone in the D-league and the Warriors and Kings play in the WEST against real opponents they should be pushed out of ROY cause in the east you can have a losing record and make the playoffs.

By this logic, JJ Hickson is most improved just cause he is on one of the best teams and starts. ROY and MIP are individual awards where winning should only come into consideration if it is a very close race.

da wood
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Now don't get me wrong I do think that Evens is your ROY but i just don't think it will be a slap in the face if he doesn't win.

da wood
03-17-2010, 11:00 AM
When you are averaging 20/5/5 on a terrible team (kings were worst team in the league last year) only 17 wins last year, if you watch Tyreke play (just watch the highlights against the Lakers yesterday...the kid went 25/11/9 against the Lakers with a less than average teammates there is no way he doeesn't win it

Come on now. they were not the worst team in the league last year. wasn't it phili.

Raidaz4Life
03-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Thats stupid... the Bucks play in the East... and there success is due to Bogut and Salmons...

DerekRE_3
03-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Hell i can probly get 20-5-5 if i were the main guy on a team as garbage as Sac

Bad argument. Teams know all they really have to do is stop Evans to beat the Kings, and he still gets 20 5 and 5 and at an efficient rate. Jennings isn't the best player on his team, not to mention 37% FG is just awful.

nstojic
03-17-2010, 11:20 AM
winning %..... MVP: yes..... ROY: no....

magichatnumber9
03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Come on dawg there winning because Bogut is taking his game to the next level.

GodsSon
03-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Jennings has no shot at the award...it's a two horse race between Evans and Curry

rabzouz 96
03-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Jennings has no shot at the award...it's a two horse race between Evans and Curry

lulz, its a one man race with only evans in.

pebloemer
03-17-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/88022322.html

So now its brings the discussion, should winning percentage of team plus the players contribution be a main factor in determining ROY?

I don't think winning percentage should be a big factor in the ROY race. Teams that had the lowest winning percentage the year prior get all the top rookie picks while teams with the highest winning percentage prior get the lowest picks. Taking winning percentage into account immediately puts lottery picks (usually considered the best rookies) at a disadvantage.

Come on now. they were not the worst team in the league last year. wasn't it phili.

Wow. Philly made the playoffs last year and Sacramento was definitely the last place team...

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/year/2009/group/1

JayW_1023
03-17-2010, 12:24 PM
I like Jennings but no way one 55 performance trumps a season long efficient production from Evans, comparable to LeBrons in his rookie year.

m26555
03-17-2010, 12:27 PM
The Rookie of the Year award is different from the Most Valuable Player award as it is based solely on the player's performance rather than performance + status of the player's team. Jennings is a distant third behind Evans and Curry.

Cool007
03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
What??? What is Baron smoking???

If they give Jennings ROY then they better give Co-MVPs to Salmons and Bogut as well.

With Salmons, they are practically unbeaten.

IMO, You put Curry or Evans on the Bucks team instead of Jennings and they would be EVEN BETTER. Curry's shooting would make life even easier for Salmons and Bogut and that 1-2-3 punch would be really tough.

Evans would give them a LEGIT 20ppg scorer in the backcourt along with Salmons and a closure/clutch player.

Really Baron??? Think about it.

NYtilIdie
03-17-2010, 12:33 PM

They were the worst team in the league last year and Philly was a playoff team last year :confused:

Miltown34
03-17-2010, 12:45 PM
all though I'm a huge Brandon Jennings and Bucks fan, Curry has played better as of late and Tyreke Evans deserves rookie of the year honors, but hell no We wouldn't be better with Curry over Jennings, other than shooting, I will take Jennings over Curry in other categories and think he will have a better career. I watch the way BJ plays in a half court offense and one of the slowest paces in the league and I think he is a better player than Curry. Not Evans, but for what BJ does for our team why do you think Bogut is playing better after being the league for so long, cus dude helps get him the ball. Bogut is our MVP of our team and John Salmons is great, but if we didn't have BJ we would be worse and wouldn't have made the Salmons trade and Bogut would be getting ignored on offense.

drama1386
03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
listen: bogut is playing the best ball of his career because of jennings. before jennings was on the team, bogut didn't have a PG who was willing to pass to bogut and run the offense through him. if people don't remember, the bucks haven't had a pass-first PG in a while (mo williams & tj ford are not pass-first PG's). jennings is one of those types of players that make everyone around him play better (hence salmons' & bogut's phenomonal play lately).

now when it comes to the ROY award, i'm kinda indifferent. although i believe that winning should have something to do with winning it, I also believe numbers play a big part of it too. I don't think jennings will win (which he has said all along, he doesn't care about ROY...he just wants to win games for the bucks and get to the playoffs) and that the award will go to evans. and that's all fine because i'd rather have a rookie, who has started all games so far and is putting up 15.8 ppg & 6.1 apg on a winning team heading into the playoffs currently in the 5th seed, than a rookie putting up 20/5/5 on a losing team that will not make the playoffs.

Miltown34
03-17-2010, 12:53 PM
^ what he said, people that watch the Bucks all the time no why we like Jennings(future all-star) we see things he does that not too many people can do. Like one time he couldn't find anybody to get the ball to so he just passes it off the glass so Bogut can come down with it and score in the post. They both look at each other on that play. All we need is some more athletic players who can run with dude and some better shooters.

Tony_Starks
03-17-2010, 01:07 PM
BD is right, Jennings is the truth. I like Evans and Curry but Jennings has done a much better job running his team and most importantly winning. The only thing people can knock Jennings for is his FG% but when his shot stopped falling he had the sense to scale back his shot attempts play more team ball..... Not a lot of rooks would have the maturity to do that.

Also he takes and makes a lot of clutch shots and crucial assist in crunchtime if you watch their games.

alencp3
03-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Reke is ROY
/thread

DerekRE_3
03-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Just saw something interesting about Tyreke Evans, speaking of ROY debate:

What you might not know about Tyreke however, is that he gets to the rim more than any player in the entire league. Every single one.

According to Hoopdata, Tyreke averages 8.3 attempts at the rim, about .7 more than the player in 2nd place, LeBron James. He's also 1st in the league in makes at the rim at 5.0 a game (tied with LeBron). More attempts and makes than every single big man in the league.

And what's even more unique about Tyreke is how much his scores at the rim are unassisted, unlike big men and explosive players like LeBron who throw down alley oops on a regular basis. Tyreke is only assisted on 24.7% of his makes around the rim, while LeBron is at about 48.1%. The only other player in the top 40 of Attempts at the rim with less % of his makes that are assisted is Russell Westbrook at 21.2% (Attempts 5.7 FG at the rim a game). The other guards in the top 40? Wade (7.2 attempts, 33.4% assisted), Ellis (6.7 attempts, 36.4% assisted), Stephen Jackson (6.1 attempts, 55.4% assisted), Stuckey (5.9 attempts, 29.8% assisted), Rose (5.6 attempts, 35.1% assisted), Rondo (5.4 attempts, 33.3% assisted), and Tony Parker (5.2 attempts, 27.7% assisted).

Scores at the rim are the most efficient in basketball, and the fact that Tyreke can get so many of them is in part what makes him such a special player, especially when he's doing it as a rookie, with a still iffy jump shot. When he gets that jump shot going, all it will do is lead to more attempts at the rim, since teams won't be able to pack the paint on him. This will also lead to more makes, and a higher field goal percentage.

Another result of getting to the rim a lot is drawing fouls, something he'll get even better at with more experience, and eventual ref bias. He's already 18th in the league in FTAs at 6.5 a game, and you have to go all the way to 87th in the league to find the 2nd place rookie, Brandon Jennings (3.5 FTA). Getting opposing players and teams into foul trouble and getting to the line will lead to a lot of easy points.

These statistics to me are the most telling of the future, and of the current rookie of the year argument. No other rookie does something so good as to have entire opposing teams focus their entire defense on it. No other rookie demands this much respect.

No other rookie is as good.

Source: Sactown Royalty (http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2010/3/17/1377460/tyreke-evans-is-more-than-the#storyjump)

Oh...and he's 20 years old, won't be 21 till the end of the offseason.

drama1386
03-17-2010, 01:43 PM
BD is right, Jennings is the truth. I like Evans and Curry but Jennings has done a much better job running his team and most importantly winning. The only thing people can knock Jennings for is his FG% but when his shot stopped falling he had the sense to scale back his shot attempts play more team ball..... Not a lot of rooks would have the maturity to do that.

Also he takes and makes a lot of clutch shots and crucial assist in crunchtime if you watch their games.

this.

smith&wesson
03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
milwakee, sacremento, and golden state were all sub 500 teams, and lottery teams.

the only one out of them that is a play of teamm and a 500 or better club is the bucks now. jennings is a big reason why the bucks are soo much better and 5th seed in the east.

i agree with baron. I like curry and evans better myself. but jennings has done a great job in lifting his team. he deserves it.

IversonIsKrazy
03-17-2010, 01:49 PM
winning should NEVER make factor in ROY. every other award it should, but not this 1, it would put unneccessary pressure on the rooks

CowboysKB24
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
He is a huge reason for their success, but I just can't stand how awful his shooting percentage is. It makes me sick. I don't think he is the best rookie. I think it Stephen Curry. The guy is so efficient at such a young age, I can't imagine how good this guy is going to be. I vote Curry as the best player, but Jennings maybe the most valuable to his team right now.

Evans is great, but he is the only player on his team. Curry has to share shots with Ellis and be the back seat to him.

ballpd05
03-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Lets not forget the Bucks were slipping into that cellar before they pulled off those moves to get John Salmons and Jerry Stackhouse. During that time even with the 55 pointer ppl started to turn their heads from Brandon.

I believe Evans is a monster and will be ROY because of his stats, but I think he is a player who struggles to be affective without the ball in his hands so IDK if the Bucks would be better with him (thats why they were decent when Martin went down then all of a sudden you have two guys who need the ball and it doesn't work as smoothly and for the low amount of baskets assisted on given earlier in the thread). He will be successful if you grab a bunch of three point shooters and a dunker so they can spread the floor and let him go one on one and dish when someone helps.

I think the Bucks would be much better with Curry because he is more efficient passing and scoring. The Bucks may be better with Darren Collison than Jennings, who would be up there in ROY convo if CP3 wasn't playing earlier this year.

AI4MVP
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM
all u think about it how hes contributing 37% field goal percentage to a winnning team. how about contributing 16 points? how about contributing a rookie leading 6 assists? how about the great three point shooting? everyone on PSD just always wants to find a reason to hate.

Im not saying he should for sure win it, but he should defiently be top 3. anywhere in the top three. including 1

AI4MVP
03-17-2010, 02:40 PM
and i know this has nothing to do with the rookie of the year debate, but Brandon Jennings by far has to biggest upside out of anyone right now.

His shooting percentage is due to taking bad shots that rookies will eventually learn not to take. He has good form on his shot actually. weve seen what he can do when hes taking good shoots, and im not taking about only the 55 game. hes had many other games.

I know he hit a huge rookie wall, but hes starting to hit his shots again and is shooting around 50% in most of his recent games, and hes droppin dimes like no other roookie point guard.

brandon jennings is the perfect example of a player that will benefit the most from experience in the league after his roookie year.

Iodine
03-17-2010, 02:45 PM
u guys a pretty. dumb. all u think about it how hes contributing 37% field goal percentage to a winnning team. how about contributing 16 points? how about contributing a rookie leading 6 assists? how about the great three point shooting? everyone on PSD just always wants to find a reason to hate.

Im not saying he should for sure win it, but he should defiently be top 3. anywhere in the top three. including 1

The stuff in orange and blue made my day, your saying "lulz he may be ineffciant az **** bawt he getz tew dat hie point ttlll lolz"

For playing for a better team Jennings has less win shares, a point that the team doesnt really want him to win them games (before you go they have bogut lololz, I know this but it still is a relevant fact). Also when is 38% from three "great"? Is this the early 80's again? Dana Barros shot better than that for his career and for christ sakes no one wanted him on their team ever, even during his 20ppg season.

Of course I dont know why im argueing with a guy who probably has a vial of AI's tears/sweat/blood around his neck

Iodine
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
and i know this has nothing to do with the rookie of the year debate, but Brandon Jennings by far has to biggest upside out of anyone right now.

His shooting percentage is due to taking bad shots that rookies will eventually learn not to take. He has good form on his shot actually. weve seen what he can do when hes taking good shoots, and im not taking about only the 55 game. hes had many other games.

I know he hit a huge rookie wall, but hes starting to hit his shots again and is shooting around 50% in most of his recent games,
[/COLOR]

brandon jennings is the perfect example of a player that will benefit the most from experience in the league after his roookie year.
In march he has had one game of shooting 50% or better and it was a 5-10

Also potential/upside can be used to decribe DeAndre Jordan to, so please, just please stop

ballpd05
03-17-2010, 02:58 PM
u guys a pretty. dumb. all u think about it how hes contributing 37% field goal percentage to a winnning team. how about contributing 16 points?

I know he hit a huge rookie wall, but hes starting to hit his shots again and is shooting around 50% in most of his recent games, and hes droppin dimes like no other roookie point guard.

37% to get 16 points is not good at all. I don't feel like doing the math cuz its not that serious, but that is too many shots for just 16 points.

And as far as the assist thing goes, I would match his assists to Collison and Curry's any day. Especially since they are getting Jennings type minutes now.

Not saying Jennings doesn't help the situation, but I think Collison and Curry are better because with them getting the starters minutes they are putting up the same type if not better stats with much better efficiency.

Evans is just a scoring machine who may be long gone with this race.

brisk002
03-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I like how everyone makes a huge deal about BJ's shooting %, but dont bring up the fact he has the SECOND highest 3 pt% among rookies.

tredigs
03-17-2010, 03:10 PM

He's shot 50% in TWO of his last TWENTY-TWO games, I had to check that to make sure it was right. Rookie walls don't last for every month other than the first. His FG% of 36.9 is the lowest in the league... period. He plays exciting ball, and helps the team as much as someone like Delfino, but is in no way the key to their success. Ridnour comes in and there is no drop off at point. That team wins now because of Bogut's hugely improved defensive presence (to go along with being an offensive powerhouse that has a shooters touch with either hand) and the addition of John Salmons who's playing great ball.

Kid is a fun player, but Curry and Evans are pretty far ahead of him in the learning curve. Most analysts have him outside the top three now, I'd put him at third. For what it's worth, here's how ESPN sees it: http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/Awards-100316/nba-awards-watch

1. Evans
2. Curry
3. Collison
4. Jennings
5. Thornton (if you haven't seen him play yet, do that)

dwadefan03
03-17-2010, 03:18 PM
hes only saying that cuz both of them are from compton

GOON MUSIC
03-17-2010, 03:19 PM

No he hasnt been shootin near 50% i see a 1 game in the last month where he was atleast 50% and that was a 5-10 game look at his game log you got a 1-5 game, 2-12, 1-9, 1-13 that ishh is comedy

and darren collisons assist numbers have blown em out the water when he starts

DerekRE_3
03-17-2010, 03:29 PM

Eh I dunno about that. Reke has only been a point guard for what...not even 2 years now? Plus he's doing what he's doing without a good jumpshot. Once he gets that down, he's unstoppable.

Miltown34
03-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Reke has a huge upside, but Jennings is ahead of scheduled. He wasn't suppose 2 be this good this year. Dude Jennings most of his low FG percentage comes from not being able to finish around the rim he actually hits better from the 3 pt than he does from the paint. He needs 2 add muscle, but after Reke he has the most upside. I mean dude is avg like 16 pts 6 assist in 33 min in a slow offense. That stupid who ever said 38% from the 3 is not good. dude Ray Allen shoots 35% this year, so I wouldn't call 38% from a rookie anything to sneeze at. Ridnour some of you must not watch Bucks games, he is a solid shooter, but once the team sweats him, he doesn't really create that many good shots for his teammate. So there's a huge difference when Luke is in and when BJ in. Next year when he gets bigger he'll be around 18 pts 7-8 assist at age 21.

magichatnumber9
03-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I didn't know Baron was from Compton? I thought he grew up in burbs north of L.A

SFGiants4life
03-17-2010, 03:48 PM

:facepalm: no, kings only had 17 wins and were favorites to get the #1 pick in the draft,

http://www.nba.com/standings/2008/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

Phili had 41 wins last year, lol, you sir are a complete :facepalm:

ldc62
03-17-2010, 03:53 PM
:facepalm: no, kings only had 17 wins and were favorites to get the #1 pick in the draft,

http://www.nba.com/standings/2008/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

Phili had 41 wins last year, lol, you sir are a complete :facepalm:

haha way to give it to him.

Brandon Jennings should get ROY, but his FG% is definitely horrid.

Sadds The Gr8
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
ROY isn't a team success award like the MVP is. Durant won when his team was bad, same with Lebron, etc. Therefore Tyreke should win. And like Raph said, 20,5,5 makes it pretty much an automatic win for ROY.

Gibby23
03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Jennings is the 4th best rookie. Evans, Curry, Collison, and the Jennings.

ElMarroAfamado
03-17-2010, 04:28 PM
damn this brandon jennings hate is really disgusting

sacgiants1213
03-17-2010, 04:31 PM
20/5/5 = automatic lock for ROY.

ElMarroAfamado
03-17-2010, 04:31 PM
milwakee, sacremento, and golden state were all sub 500 teams, and lottery teams.

the only one out of them that is a play of teamm and a 500 or better club is the bucks now. jennings is a big reason why the bucks are soo much better and 5th seed in the east.

i agree with baron. I like curry and evans better myself. but jennings has done a great job in lifting his team. he deserves it.

perfectly said sir.
:clap:

Gibby23
03-17-2010, 04:32 PM

Because he shoots 36%. His 3 point % is higher than his FG%. The other 3 rookie PGs are shooting arount 46%. Jennings is all hype and most of the hype was due to one game and his early season play.

DerekRE_3
03-17-2010, 04:34 PM

It's not really hate it's more of how good Curry and Evans have been.

rurichie
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
its between him and steph curry

rurichie
03-17-2010, 04:37 PM
o and tyreke evans

JayW_1023
03-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Evans has it locked down.

brisk002
03-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Why are people including Darren COllison in the same sentence as ROY? Idk if you people watch basketball, but Collinson has only played a high level for 7 of the 22 weeks of basketball so far this year. Only 7 weeks playing good basketball? Not to mention he barely played week 1-13 so he obviously has super fresh legs as everyone starts to get tired halfway through the season. Some of you people are absolute retards:facepalm:

SFGiants4life
03-17-2010, 05:09 PM
its between him and steph curry

between jennings and curry? hope your kidding

CB4AB7VC15
03-17-2010, 06:18 PM

Thissssssssssssssss

JasonJohnHorn
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Giving a guy ROY because his team wins more makes no sense. The highest picks and usually most talented players are drafted by the worst teams and mos thave no chance at winning.

That is like saying Billy Owens should have won ROY over Larry Johnson and Mutumbo because the Warriors made the playoffs.

ROY goes to the guy who has the best year. This isn't the MVR award, its the ROY award. And as for making teams better, I honestly think that Evans and Curry make their respctive teams better than Jennings makes the Bucks. You put Evans or Curry on the Bucks and they are even better than they are with Jennings. Curry and Evans can't helped that they were drafted by poor teams in a deep west while Jennings was drafted in a weak east by a team tha had several solid players.

This isn't meant as a knock on Jennings, just a knock on the idea that ROY should be awarded to the rookie with the best record. Rookies can't help what situations they are drafted into.

lakerssssssss
03-17-2010, 07:14 PM
I agree

jmtapia
03-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Giving a guy ROY because his team wins more makes no sense. The highest picks and usually most talented players are drafted by the worst teams and mos thave no chance at winning.

That is like saying Billy Owens should have won ROY over Larry Johnson and Mutumbo because the Warriors made the playoffs.

ROY goes to the guy who has the best year. This isn't the MVR award, its the ROY award. And as for making teams better, I honestly think that Evans and Curry make their respctive teams better than Jennings makes the Bucks. You put Evans or Curry on the Bucks and they are even better than they are with Jennings. Curry and Evans can't helped that they were drafted by poor teams in a deep west while Jennings was drafted in a weak east by a team tha had several solid players.

This isn't meant as a knock on Jennings, just a knock on the idea that ROY should be awarded to the rookie with the best record. Rookies can't help what situations they are drafted into.

couldnt have said it any better...

nstojic
03-17-2010, 07:33 PM
i'm with baron... my vote goes to ty lawson... :D the nuggets are the best team with a rookie... by default, lawson is ROY :rolleyes:

nstojic
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Why are people including Darren COllison in the same sentence as ROY? Idk if you people watch basketball, but Collinson has only played a high level for 7 of the 22 weeks of basketball so far this year. Only 7 weeks playing good basketball? Not to mention he barely played week 1-13 so he obviously has super fresh legs as everyone starts to get tired halfway through the season. Some of you people are absolute retards:facepalm:

i think some peoples argument FOR him is the fact that his 7 'high level' weeks are even better than the best we've seen from curry/evans/jennings... basically, his 'good' has been sooooooo good that people are forgetting the 'rest' of his year...

sacgiants1213
03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, according to Stephen Jackson, 'Tyreke has got rookie of the year locked in'

Jackson's opinion > Baron's.

AI4MVP
03-17-2010, 09:14 PM
i love how hard jennnings gets hated onnn. wow. lol. its fine yall will see

AI4MVP
03-17-2010, 09:23 PM
and i know he hasnt been mentioned at all, but in terms of upside, Jrue Holiday is waaaay at the top. the dude has crazy potential

Chamberneazy
03-17-2010, 09:26 PM
If Tyreke doesn't win it I hope he does take it as a slap in the face and comes back next year going 30/10/10 :)

saucy1
03-17-2010, 09:42 PM
warrior fan here but i say tyreke because he has done it all year long,curry started slow prob cause of the stephen jackson ,monta drama but if it was based on second half he d win.jennings please not even close try playing ball with the d league all stars and see how u fair

AI4MVP
03-17-2010, 09:47 PM
watch u hater. brandon jennings is going to be rajon rondo with a decent jumper.

hes made his team so much better. everyone picked them last. everybody says boguts made them better.

AI4MVP
03-17-2010, 09:53 PM
oh yeah, and jennings is the best pure point guard out of all of them.

brandon jennings averages more assists and less turnovers then tyreke evans, stephen curry, darren collison, ty lawson.

once he gets more experience and takes smarter shots like he was earlier in the year, he'll be better then all of em

ValuePick
03-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Can anyone give a reason besides shooting %?

Iodine
03-17-2010, 10:01 PM

brandon jennings averages more assists and less turnovers then tyreke evans, stephen curry, darren collison, ty lawson.

once he gets more experience and takes smarter shots like he was earlier in the year, he'll be better then all of em
So by your logic is that because Marc Jackson had more assists and less turnovers he was a better PG than John Stockton in 1997

ValuePick
03-17-2010, 10:04 PM
So by your logic is that because Marc Jackson had more assists and less turnovers he was a better PG than John Stockton in 1997

He named four players actually...

superkegger
03-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Sweet logic dewd
nawt lyk Rondo pleiz a cumplet-lee diff gaem frawm Jennings

He has helped his team, but bogut would be the same play wise and better stat wise with someone like Jameer nelson.

Oh and you bypassed the filter for ****
you sir are hot ****

Wait because I used facts im a hater forgot. So sorry

How would be better statwise with a more offensive minded/look for his own shot minded PG in Jameer Nelson, who isn't nearly as good on defense as Jennings?

Jennings doesn't have the numbers, and he won't win ROY. I'm fine with that. But he's sacrificed his own personal achievements to win. He's not a scorer, but thats what they needed to begin the season, so thats what he did. But now, he's fit into their defensive system superbly. His pressure defense, and his overall leadership has been superb. It doesn't necessarily show in the stat sheet, but he's been great lately, and really allowed the team to succeed. And that's what its all about. I don't care if he wins ROY, and I know he won't. But he'll be helping to lead his Bucks into the playoffs. Something Curry, Evans, Collison, and basically no other rookies can claim.

And to be honest, they've got an actual shot at winning a playoff series. They beat Boston already, and well, if Boston doesn't get their **** together, this Bucks squad and their stellar defense may just suprise the Celtics.

A playoff series victory would be oh so much sweeter than the ROY award.

Iodine
03-17-2010, 10:08 PM
How would be better statwise with a more offensive minded/look for his own shot minded PG in Jameer Nelson, who isn't nearly as good on defense as Jennings?

Shut up kegger, you know that PSD isnt where we actually debate these things, thats why they invented AIM.

Oh and I think the bucks could beat the celtics if they continue to play this way, and I love me some Delfino

superkegger
03-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Shut up kegger, you know that PSD isnt where we actually debate these things, thats why they invented AIM.

Oh and I think the bucks could beat the celtics if they continue to play this way, and I love me some Delfino

Right.

But think about it, when was the last time the 6th Man of the Year Award went to a guy on a bad team (ok, bad example, bad teams usually don't have even 6 good players), but great defensive players play on good teams, the ASG has become about players on winning teams (like how Al Jefferson didn't make it last year, even though he was ballin outta control), the MVP is clearly about being on a winning team. Why shouldn't the ROY be awarded in such a fashion too?

I know it won't since the really good rookies usually end up on lottery teams which usually are teams not looking at the present as a chance to win. But still. It's kinda ******** that its' the only award based soley on numbers. I mean, the Kings could have won 4 games all season, and Reke would still win ROY. Seriously, there is something wrong with that picture. But, thats just my opinion, so whatever.

dodie53
03-17-2010, 10:28 PM
if the beard says so,
then so be it.

dwadefan03
03-17-2010, 10:45 PM
ilike jennings just not as much as evans,curry,and even collison.

DerekRE_3
03-17-2010, 10:51 PM

And Tyreke the past 10 games has averaged 20 points 7 rebounds and 6.6 assists. The last 5 games: 20 points 9 boards and 8 assists. Oh and then there's the whole part where he shoots about 10% better from the field. He also leads the entire NBA in makes and attempts at the rim this season despite only 24% of those attempts and makes being assisted. This is all from a 20 year old who doesn't have a consistent jumpshot yet.

GOON MUSIC
03-17-2010, 10:52 PM
i see b diddy bustin that *** and an 0-2 shooting night + 3ast

TheKing23
03-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Seriously though, Mr. 20-5-5 has this wrapped up.

AI4MVP
03-17-2010, 11:41 PM
brandon jennings isnt gunna b the type of player to go chase numbers or awards or **** like that. hes said from the very beginging that winning is the most important thing to him and it doesnt matter if he gets rookie of the year. actually even when people were saying brandon jennings should win itin the begining of the year, he would say he thinks it should be tyreke as long as the bucks make the playoffs. hes done his job. hes done what hes wanted to do. he just does it with a curtain flair and swagger that noone else in the league got

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:05 AM
oh ANYONE WATCHING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW! jennings is gettin in the zone! hes kinda like kobe. he has an amazing killer instinct. hes an assasin. when hes hot hes hot. some dudes were talkin **** to him courtside and he got fired up. LES GOOOO

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Jennings heat check, just scored 3 straight buckets against the Clips. If you watched you would know the FG% doesn't tell the whole story.

jmtapia
03-18-2010, 12:08 AM
oh ANYONE WATCHING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW! jennings is gettin in the zone! hes kinda like kobe. he has an amazing killer instinct. hes an assasin. when hes hot hes hot. some dudes were talkin **** to him courtside and he got fired up. LES GOOOO

:hide:

GoatMilk
03-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Jennings heat check, just scored 3 straight buckets against the Clips. If you watched you would know the FG% doesn't tell the whole story.

lol 1 game, 3 baskets

Tyreke was one digit away from a triple double last night. 2nd straight game

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:14 AM
you guys dont watch brandon jennings enough to know. he WILL be a great shooter. his form is pretty. his release is perfect. its just a matter of experience.

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:18 AM
lol 1 game, 3 baskets

Tyreke was one digit away from a triple double last night. 2nd straight game

Right, never mind that 55 point effort

Tyreke is the ROY, that's over. This thread has now turned into a Jennings hater check-in.

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:19 AM
He just got the Bucks back within 2, scoring 10 of the last 12.

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Make it 12 of 14, tie game.

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:21 AM
ay WASUP WORLD! HOW U LIKE YUNG BUCK NOW!!!!

ValuePick
one more, 14 of 16, Bucks lead by 2. 18-2 run by the Bucks.

jmtapia
wow Jennings is in some rhythm

9ersownnfl
03-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Nobody can possibly make a good case for jennings for ROY. 36% from the field is ****ing sad. Joe mauer had a higher batting avg than that last year. Also, id love to see jennings play with ron artest and kobe bryant all over his *** the whole game like tyreke does, it would be entertaining

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:24 AM
ok wow. i know. tyreke evans is god. we get it. ****. jennings may not be the rookie of the year this year, but hes gunna b righjt up there with tyreke the rest of his career. WATCH

i'myourdaddy
03-18-2010, 12:26 AM
not to mention evan was one assist away from his second double triple with kobe and artest hounding him the whole game...25/11/9

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:29 AM
did noone just see that 3rd quarter from jennings? how can u deny this kids talent. once u haters start hating on a certain player u can never go back

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Seriously people, Evans will win, nobody is saying he doesn't deserve it. My point is Jennings is clearly in 2nd place and it would not be a crime if he won it.

GoatMilk
03-18-2010, 12:32 AM
im not hating on Jennings
I just dont think he's ROY

this is almost just like 2003-2004.
Melo: 21/6/2 brought a terrible team the previous season to the playoffs as a rookie in a tough conference.

LeBron: 21/5/6. excellent numbers, still on a bad team.

look. ROY is a rookie excellence award. Most rookie of the year candidates are high draft picks, meaning the team they were on struggled the previous season to get them.
so being on a bad team is almost a given.

Tyreke is a walking triple double. 6'6 LeBron.
20-5-5 is amazing. Who else has done that? MJ, LeBron, Big O.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Seriously people, Evans will win, nobody is saying he doesn't deserve it. My point is Jennings is clearly in 2nd place and it would not be a crime if he won it.

Except it would be, since he's clearly not the ROY. Jennings is going up against a guy that is most likely going to be the 4th rookie IN NBA HISTORY to put up 20 5 and 5 for the entire season. Me saying that doesn't mean I'm hating on Jennings, it's just the truth. We'll see what happens down the road, but right now Evans is no question the better player, not to mention the versatility he brings since he can play and guard 3 positions.

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:33 AM
guys noone said tyreke evans is a bad player. as a matter of fact i think he should win rookie of the year without a doubt. and i think stephen curry will be one of the best point guards in the league. i live in the bay and watch the kid play every night and im fukin amaazing by wat he does. he looks like the next nash but with defense

im just saying that jennings' future is not shown correctly by his shot %. his shot is actually good and his % will go up with experience and i know jennings will be a franchise player

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:35 AM
im not hating on Jennings
I just dont think he's ROY

this is almost just like 2003-2004.
Melo: 21/6/2 brought a terrible team the previous season to the playoffs as a rookie in a tough conference.

LeBron: 21/5/6. excellent numbers, still on a bad team.

look. ROY is a rookie excellence award. Most rookie of the year candidates are high draft picks, meaning the team they were on struggled the previous season to get them.
so being on a bad team is almost a given.

Tyreke is a walking triple double. 6'6 LeBron.
20-5-5 is amazing. Who else has done that? MJ, LeBron, Big O.

i completely agree. as a matter of fact i made a thread a couple days ago about tyreke evans where i stated he could be as possibly as good as the 2nd best player in the league behind lebron. thats how good i think he is

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Except it would be, since he's clearly not the ROY. Jennings is going up against a guy that is most likely going to be the 4th rookie IN NBA HISTORY to put up 20 5 and 5 for the entire season. Me saying that doesn't mean I'm hating on Jennings, it's just the truth. We'll see what happens down the road, but right now Evans is no question the better player, not to mention the versatility he brings since he can play and guard 3 positions.

Surprise yes, crime no

GoatMilk
03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
guys noone said tyreke evans is a bad player. as a matter of fact i think he should win rookie of the year without a doubt. and i think stephen curry will be one of the best point guards in the league. i live in the bay and watch the kid play every night and im fukin amaazing by wat he does. he looks like the next nash but with defense

im just saying that jennings' future is not shown correctly by his shot %. his shot is actually good and his % will go up with experience and i know jennings will be a franchise player
ok, but just because he has a good stroke doesnt mean he'll be a good shooter his whole career.

Lamar Odom has a great stroke, but is a decent shooter.

you are probably right about his FG% going up, but man it's ugly right now. I dont even want to look at it on his player page

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Surprise yes, crime no

Whatever language you want to use, the bottom line is right now, even with Curry playing great recently and Jennings' team's record, it's a one man race for ROY. People tend to forget that Curry's best month is just a little bit better than Tyreke's worst month. People also take for granted Reke's play since it's been so consistent. Once Tyreke gets a jumper, which he's already said will be his main focus during the offseason, it's over.

Ty Fast
03-18-2010, 12:41 AM
i see the point you are trying to make, but you can just base it all on winning. if that was the case bill ruessell would be the greatest player of all time.

GoatMilk
03-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Whatever language you want to use, the bottom line is right now, even with Curry playing great recently and Jennings' team's record, it's a one man race for ROY. People tend to forget that Curry's best month is just a little bit better than Tyreke's worst month. People also take for granted Reke's play since it's been so consistent. Once Tyreke gets a jumper, which he's already said will be his main focus during the offseason, it's over.

good about him working on the jumper.
it's horrible right now. Rondo-esque

SFGiants4life
03-18-2010, 12:42 AM
watch u hater. brandon jennings is going to be rajon rondo with a decent jumper.

hes made his team so much better. everyone picked them last. everybody says boguts made them better. well jennings has made bogut better u retards! its not just a fukin coincedince

john salmons is making them win, brandon jennings will never be anything other than a servicable PG, nothing special, and you sir are an idiot

it tells you a lot, it means he misses a lot of shots, which is terrible, and don't give me that whole he doesn't go for stats sh.it, tyreke is 3x better than jennings

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:42 AM

Do you trust the voters?

If I say three words: NBA , Rookie , 55

What comes to mind?

sacgiants1213
03-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Do you trust the voters?

What comes to mind?

an overrated point guard / not ROY

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:47 AM
john salmons is making them win, brandon jennings will never be anything other than a servicable PG, nothing special, and you sir are an idiot

it tells you a lot, it means he misses a lot of shots, which is terrible, and don't give me that whole he doesn't go for stats sh.it, tyreke is 3x better than jennings

Well then he will be the only "servicable PG" to score 55 points in a game as 19-year old, so he has that.

Hater.

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:48 AM
an overrated point guard / not ROY

Not overrated according to this thread.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 12:49 AM
good about him working on the jumper.
It's horrible right now. Rondo-esque

keith veney will be his shooting coach, adding evans to his client list that has included dallas' caron butler, boston's paul pierce and detroit's ben gordon, among others. Evans also will utilize a track coach to help with his conditioning and a boxing coach to push his physical ability and stamina to a new level. The plan calls for former nba player b.j. Armstrong and professional trainer rob mcclanaghan to help with evans' cause as well.

Yeah it's pretty bad, but at least it's the only thing really holding him back on offense.

do you trust the voters?

If i say three words: Nba , rookie , 55

what comes to mind?

36% fg

Randy West
03-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Do you trust the voters?

What comes to mind?

Runner up for rookie of the year sounds about right........if I had a vote not even for runner up Curry would be there.

Jennings got paid to pay professional basketball, once he did that he was no longer a rookie in my mind.

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:53 AM
hahah wow. servicable point. WOW. wat kind of "serviceable" point guard averages 16 and 6 in his rookie year. idc what his shooting percentage is. name one "serviceable" point guard to get that his rookie year.

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:53 AM
36% fg

Oh, you're trying to be funny. Must we be so stubborn? Time to put on your jammies now, bed time soon.

Dropping it down to 36%? That's pretty clever, too bad it's 37%. 9-15 so far tonite so only going up. Maybe you'll have him down to 35% by the end of this thread.

Hater.

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 12:54 AM
hahah wow. servicable point. WOW. wat kind of "serviceable" point guard averages 16 and 6 in his rookie year. idc what his shooting percentage is. name one "serviceable" point guard to get that his rookie year.

Wait 'til he shoots 40% next year.

DerekRE_3
03-18-2010, 12:56 AM

Oooooo 40%. :drool:

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 12:57 AM
his shooting percentage will obvioulsy go up. his form is great. it WILL go up. then his points will go up. his experience will make his assists go up. hes going to be an all star point guard. whoever said hell be "servciable" is just on his period, hasnt seen jennings play, and wants to be cool becuz everyone else is hating on him

Randy West
03-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Jennings is not a bad player, he is just not as good as Evans is right now.

Both should develop into sensational NBA players barring something happens.

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 01:00 AM

thank u. this is all im saying

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 01:00 AM

Agreed.

SFGiants4life
03-18-2010, 01:06 AM

dang, all-star level right thur

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 01:07 AM
dang, all-star level right thur

Considering he's averaging 16ppg this year, do the math.

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 01:09 AM
wow. u hattters.

whatever.

well compare what brandon jennings does in the playoffs compared to what the other top rookies do.

oh..i almost forgot. we cant make that comparison

becuz brandon jennings is the only one leading his team to the playoffs.

sacgiants1213
03-18-2010, 01:10 AM
how does disagreeing = hating?

if people don't agree with what you have to say, who cares. They're not hating, they just view it differently. Jesus..

SFGiants4life
03-18-2010, 01:13 AM
wow. u hattters.

whatever.

well compare what brandon jennings does in the playoffs compared to what the other top rookies do.

oh..i almost forgot. we cant make that comparison

becuz brandon jennings is the only one leading his team to the playoffs.

i dont think you can lead a team to the playoffs with those stats.....he is more like getting dragged there by his teammates....but this is like talking to 1st grader, trying to prove silver is gold, w/e

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 01:14 AM
how does disagreeing = hating?

if people don't agree with what you have to say, who cares. They're not hating, they just view it differently. Jesus..

Disagreeing is fine, go back and reread some posts.

Jennings got paid to pay professional basketball, once he did that he was no longer a rookie in my mind.

Originally Posted by valuepick View Post
do you trust the voters?

If i say three words: Nba , rookie , 55

what comes to mind?
36% fg

sacgiants1213
03-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Disagreeing is fine, go back and reread some posts.

well maybe that's what truly came to his mind. That doesn't mean he's hating. it just means he thinks of 36%...

ValuePick
03-18-2010, 01:18 AM
well maybe that's what truly came to his mind. That doesn't mean he's hating. it just means he thinks of 36%...

Right...

Clutch6
03-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Good point by "THE DIDDY" what he says goes as far as I am concerned!

Chronz
03-18-2010, 02:22 AM
his shooting percentage will obvioulsy go up. his form is great. it WILL go up. then his points will go up. his experience will make his assists go up. hes going to be an all star point guard. whoever said hell be "servciable" is just on his period, hasnt seen jennings play, and wants to be cool becuz everyone else is hating on him

His jumper is fine, thats not whats keeping his FG% down?

Chronz
03-18-2010, 02:23 AM
So does that mean Derrick Rose got worse because he didnt lead them to the playoffs this year?

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 02:49 AM
his bad shooting percentage is a reflection of his lack of teammates around him that could shoot, forcing him to force more shots, some of them bad shots. if uve seen the kid play, example tonight on espn, u can see his jumper is beautiful and he has a perfect release. everysince the begining of march jennings field goal percentage is .415 .

his percentages WILLL get better as his career progresses

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 02:50 AM
So does that mean Derrick Rose got worse because he didnt lead them to the playoffs this year?

no, but they had an obvious decline on the talent on there roster. the bucks didnt have a crucial change in there roster except virtually swapping michael redd for john salmons

MZN7
03-18-2010, 02:57 AM
ROY is either going to be Tyreke Evans or Steph Curry.
regardless of brandon jennings making the playoffs, because he isnt doing it all by himself. Bogut is playing the best basketball of his career right now, and john salmons is averaging 19 points for the bucks since he got traded there. why should jennings be rewarded as a player for what they are doing together as a team?

blams
03-18-2010, 03:05 AM
:facepalm: winning is the worst argument in the book

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 03:11 AM
look. im not even making an argument for him to be rookie of the year. i dont think he shud be rookie of the yer. i think tyreke evans is clearly rookie of the year. all im saying is that jennings is a better shooter then his percentages show and thatll be seen as time goes by. all im saying is he is definetly gunna be an all star point guard and so is steph.

rookie of the year voting should go 1. evans 2a.curry 2b. jennings

im also saying jennings has the most potential and upside out of all of them, and he has the perfect attitude and maturity to go along with that talent, and he will be a special special player, and a special player that wins becuz of his attitude

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 03:25 AM
and ferreal, if darren collison started the whole year, then hed be in this discussion to. the dude drops CRAAAZY dimes. hes tied for the rookie lead in triple doubles despite not playing/starting nearly as many games as the top rookies. this is by far the greatest point guard class in the history of the nba. cp3 and deron are amazing, but seriously

tyreke evans, brandon jennings, stephon curry, ty lawson, darren collison. jrue holiday has the potential to be reallllly good and lets not forget the player that could turn out to be the best POINT GUARD (im not gunna classify whether i think tyreke is a point or 2), Ricky Rubio

JayW_1023
03-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Evans is averaging 20 5 and 5 without a good jumper. Reminds me of LeBron in his rookie year. Once he gets better at shooting, he'll be unstoppable. i'm talking a future all-nbaer.

Without that 55 point performance, everyone would agree Jennings should be third behind Evans and Curry. I rather see a player score 20 plus points consistently than a guy who scores 50 one game and 8 the the next.

I do like Jennings...he is a spectacular player to watch. But the amount of sportscenter highlights shouldn't be put to the equasion when it comes to ROY awards.

magichatnumber9
03-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Wow I smell ******** Barron! This has nothing to do with you playing the Bucks the next day. Very smooth

Miltown34
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Jennings is not the ROY but, people say winnings matters in other areas no it doesn't. Cus Bogut was over picked by David Lee and Al Horford, when Bogut has had a whole better season thatn Horford and then His team was better than the knicks, so people pick out when they like the player to get the awards. Talk about BJ he will be a top 2-3 player in this draft class, and for the people saying Tyerke Evans is only 20. Well I think there going to move him to SG. Oh yea and Jennings will improve more than any other player. He's avg 16 pts and 6 assist wait till he adds weight and can score in the paint consistently. The Kings and G.S. for some reason haven't really even improve there win total, from last season.
Talk about his stats dropping off he's a better player now than than he was at the beginning of the season. Only Bucks fans would no that. He's not even a scorer he said himself, his strength is passing. So how does a rookie drop 16 a game 2 years remove from HS and he doesn't think scoring is a strength. Easily the kid is a baller.

Miltown34
03-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Milwaukee was considered to be the worst team in the league. The west is harder the west is not 10-20 games harder. The kings and the Warriors will not have improve. They have good rookies but I don't know what the deal is. I think Evans, Curry and Jennings will be all-stars in the future and anybody questioning that is stupid

pebloemer
03-18-2010, 09:36 AM
no, but they had an obvious decline on the talent on there roster. the bucks didnt have a crucial change in there roster except virtually swapping michael redd for john salmons

Bucks roster looks dramatically different to me. Redd hardly played last year and hasn't played much this year either, so I find it funny that in mentioning a lack of "crucial change" you mention Redd as relevant change. He didn't play much last year and he hasn't played much this year.

Meanwhile, Jefferson, Villaueva and Sessions were all very big parts of the Bucks team last season and none of them are on the team this season.

Bogut played about a third of the season and was out with injury and he has been very instrumental in the Bucks turnaround. The absence of Redd, Villanueva and Jefferson allows him to have more touches too.

Then Salmons also came in and is looking like a positive addition for the team. I'm not sure how you can argue that the Bucks' haven't changed much since last season. It's a completely different team practically. Jennings is a very important piece to that - but he doesn't deserve all the credit in turning things around for them.

pebloemer
03-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Jennings is not the ROY but, people say winnings matters in other areas no it doesn't. Cus Bogut was over picked by David Lee and Al Horford, when Bogut has had a whole better season thatn Horford and then His team was better than the knicks, so people pick out when they like the player to get the awards. Talk about BJ he will be a top 2-3 player in this draft class, and for the people saying Tyerke Evans is only 20. Well I think there going to move him to SG. Oh yea and Jennings will improve more than any other player. He's avg 16 pts and 6 assist wait till he adds weight and can score in the paint consistently. The Kings and G.S. for some reason haven't really even improve there win total, from last season.
Talk about his stats dropping off he's a better player now than than he was at the beginning of the season. Only Bucks fans would no that. He's not even a scorer he said himself, his strength is passing. So how does a rookie drop 16 a game 2 years remove from HS and he doesn't think scoring is a strength. Easily the kid is a baller.

The Kings already have 6 more wins than last season and I'm sure the injuries and departure of Jackson in Golden State may be a part of their lack of improvement.

mikantsass
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
ROY is an individual award, not a team award. ROY= Evans

king4day
03-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Every time I read the title of this thread, I keep thinking he's saying, "Brandon Roy should be ROY".

Stay_Swim
03-18-2010, 10:22 AM
just bc the Bucks are winning doesn't necessarily mean that Jennings should win ROY...after John Salmons came over in that trade they've been like 13-1 or something like that, should that mean he wins MVP? NO...Evans and Curry are putting up veteran numbers compared to Jennings and that's why they're considered the heavy favorites to win...this award should have nothing to do with winning or win percentage unless both players have very similar numbers and one is on a winning team and the other is not

Ok but both those players are also players who are profitting form their system's. They're both jacking up way more shots then Jennings. He is the ****. With that said, I think the ROY should go to Tyreke Evans.lol

Iodine
03-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Ok but both those players are also players who are profitting form their system's. They're both jacking up way more shots then Jennings. He is the ****. With that said, I think the ROY should go to Tyreke Evans.lol

Tyfreak takes one more shot and Curry takes less shots...............

Hawkeye15
03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
its a decent point, but other factors have to be included. And besides, those awards are INDIVIDUAL awards. Tyreke has by far and away destroyed the competition statistically. Game over

CityofTreez
03-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Andrew Bogut isn't their best player?

I tend to take everything murmered by a Clipper w/ a grain of salt. This is one example!

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Bucks roster looks dramatically different to me. Redd hardly played last year and hasn't played much this year either, so I find it funny that in mentioning a lack of "crucial change" you mention Redd as relevant change. He didn't play much last year and he hasn't played much this year.

Meanwhile, Jefferson, Villaueva and Sessions were all very big parts of the Bucks team last season and none of them are on the team this season.Bogut played about a third of the season and was out with injury and he has been very instrumental in the Bucks turnaround. The absence of Redd, Villanueva and Jefferson allows him to have more touches too.

Then Salmons also came in and is looking like a positive addition for the team. I'm not sure how you can argue that the Bucks' haven't changed much since last season. It's a completely different team practically. Jennings is a very important piece to that - but he doesn't deserve all the credit in turning things around for them.

dude. if anything ur just helping my arguement. the bucks roster talent decreased, yet jennings came and STILL made them better

pebloemer
03-18-2010, 04:01 PM
dude. if anything ur just helping my arguement. the bucks roster talent decreased, yet jennings came and STILL made them better

My response never refuted your argument, simply the way you went about your argument. Your reasoning of: "bucks didnt have a crucial change in there roster except virtually swapping michael redd for john salmons" is way off on both accounts. First of all Redd has pretty much the same role as last year... injured so I'm not sure what change is there, and 3 players that together took a large percentage of Milwaukee's possessions are all gone. Add in Bogut being healthy, Salmons, Stackhouse, Thomas, Delfino, Ilyasova and the difference is very significant. You can't argue that Jennings is the difference between last seasons lottery season and this season's success because the entire landscape of the team is different. While Jennings is a key contributor to that team, arguing the teams success based on last season carries little-no value.

And I don't believe that the talent necessarily "decreased." Bogut being healthy is a huge increase at the C position, Ilyasova playing gives the team an interesting dynamic, veteran's Stackhouse and Thomas add some calmed presence and the overall defense of the team has improved. Right now, the players they lost in the off-season are all having quite subpar years - which calls into question how talented they may actually be,

brisk002
03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't even argue with these idiots... KINGS AND WARRIORS have completely different offenses then the BUCKS. Bucks are top defensive team, while kings and warriors just jack up shots all game and get lit up. Not to mention GS has had 5 D leaguers come in and score atleast 30 once. Im sorry but I don't think Curry could come even close to his numbers on another team. Milwaukee fans dont even bother posting anymore these people are about as smart as Joe Biden.

jmtapia
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Don't even argue with these idiots... KINGS AND WARRIORS have completely different offenses then the BUCKS. Bucks are top defensive team, while kings and warriors just jack up shots all game and get lit up. Not to mention GS has had 5 D leaguers come in and score atleast 30 once. Im sorry but I don't think Curry could come even close to his numbers on another team. Milwaukee fans dont even bother posting anymore these people are about as smart as Joe Biden.

:bla::bla:

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 05:39 PM
jennings is going to be the next tony parker except with more of a killers attitude and more swagger

Hawkeye15
03-18-2010, 05:40 PM
jennings is going to be the next tony parker except with more of a killers attitude and more swagger

I actually like this comparison a lot. Though I am not sure he will ever enjoy the same success.

JiffyMix88
03-19-2010, 02:11 AM
if this were true then melo would of won it when he and lebron were rookies

GSW Hoops
03-19-2010, 02:13 AM
I watched a Bucks game a few nights ago where Brandon Jennings wasn't even in the game late in the 4th OR in overtime.

Maybe a rookie on the Cavs should be ROY since they have the best record in the NBA ;-)

Tyreke Evans is the best rookie this year by far, with Steph Curry a clear 2nd and Collison probably 3rd.

Jennings has a nice future but he's a shooter with a low fg%. His team happens to be winning at the moment--so what? They were awful before the all-star break, and ROY is an individual award, not a team award. I don't care if the Kings went 0-82 and lost every game by 20 or more, TYREKE IS BETTER. End of story.

This is like saying Varejao is better than Tim Duncan because the Cavs have a better record than the Spurs. It's a team sport! Wake up guys, seriously...

JasonJohnHorn
03-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Can anyone give a reason besides shooting %?

There are lots of reasons other than shooting percentage, though that is a good one. I won't fault Jennings for a low FG% in his rookie season, because lets face it, few players in the league ever post a lower FG% than they did as rookies. So I wouldn't be too hard on Jennings for his low FG%, but Evans and Curry, playing in the back court and taking a lot of shots 15+ feet out and posting 46% from the floor each is pretty impressive and they deserve props for that. Not a lot of rookies pull that off.

Jennings also has the lowest rebounding average of the three, though he is almost posting 4 a game which is good, but Curry is over 4 a game and Evans is at 5 a game.

And though Evans and Jennings are about neck and neck with steals, Curry is ahead of both in that department and he got fewer minutes at the start of the season, so the fact his average is as high as it is is impressive.

Jennings absolutely gets the upperhand for play making. He has a higher assists-per-game average than either Evans or Curry and fewer turnovers, which ranks high in my book.

Then there is scoring average: Jennings does have the lowest of the three.

Because of his FG%, rebounding and scoring, Evans looks like the fav to me. Assists and turnovers are important to though (which is wear Jennings gets the heads up) and steaks and 3-point% give Curry an edge.

ROY is not as clear cut choice as some might think, though I personally would be confident in voting for Evans.

My only problem is suggesting that a guy should get ROY because his team does better. High draft picks usually get picked by bad teams. The Bucks underachieved last year and got a steal in the draft, where as the Kings and the Warriors (the Kings more especially) seemed to be in a free fall. Both teams had worse records than the Bucks last year, and bot play in a conference that got better over the offseason (the Mavs made upgrades, the Nuggets and Lakers are as good and playing even better now, Memphis made improvements and the Spurs made impressive additions even though their record doesn't show it).

Its always hard to compare players, especially three guys who each have different skill sets, but for rookies, its unfair to base the ROY on wins. If anything you would measure it by a team's improvement (though the player drafted by the worse team- in this case the Kings, have more room for improvement). In that estiment the Kings are already 6 wins ahead of last season where as the Warriors and Bucks have yet to match last seasons win total.

Bucks fans: You all have a case for Jennings, just as Warrior fans have a legit arguement for Curry and King fans have a legit arguement for Evans.

My vote goes to Evans. He may not be head and shoulders above the other two, but I gotta like the Kings turnaround and his got the highest scoring and rebounding average of the three, and though he's not posting the same assist numbers as Jennings, he's no slouch as a play maker, and though he may not have Curry's range, he makes smart choices when it comes to taking shots.

TmacBryant
03-19-2010, 05:40 AM
i think evans is much better player, but if you want ROY to be based on wins then jennings wins obviously. Sacramento hasnt beat a decent team since january where they beat Denver. while the bucks have beaten Indiana, Boston, Cleveland ( lebronless) , and Utah just this month. 12 wins out of last 14. Some are trashy teams like Washington, but they have beaten a lot of legit teams too.

BigEric
03-19-2010, 09:19 AM
The Kings beat the Jazz on the Feb 28th and the Raptors on the 10th of March.

tjlipford
03-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I used to like Baron, but ever since he chose to sign with the Clippers because he wanted to pursue a movie directing career instead of wanting to sign with a contender I dont care too much for him anymore.

Evolution23
03-19-2010, 09:40 AM
No its Evans close thread

Evolution23
03-19-2010, 09:41 AM
ROY is an individual award, not a team award. ROY= Evans

This

GSW Hoops
03-19-2010, 10:05 AM
i think evans is much better player, but if you want ROY to be based on wins then jennings wins obviously. Sacramento hasnt beat a decent team since january where they beat Denver. while the bucks have beaten Indiana, Boston, Cleveland ( lebronless) , and Utah just this month. 12 wins out of last 14. Some are trashy teams like Washington, but they have beaten a lot of legit teams too.

I never understand why people want to make individual awards into team accomplishments. High draft picks go to the worst teams. The worst team last year? Sacramento.

PrettyBoyJ
03-19-2010, 10:13 AM
The NBA is about winning and Jennings is doing tht 5th in the east.. Not sayin he should win but he def a favorite to win.. And his game is only gonna get better we already kno he can be a prolific scorer and take over a game.. Studying the game and time in the film room will only make him better..

ValuePick
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
He can shoot pretty good...

Kings-Bucks tonight, he has 8 3's, puts him in the company of Tim Thomas, Michael Redd, and Ray Allen.

ValuePick
03-20-2010, 12:35 AM
JasonJohnHorn,

Thanks for the well thought-out response, hope to see more of you around here.

NetsPaint
03-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Marcus Thornton

tredigs
03-20-2010, 12:45 AM
There are lots of reasons other than shooting percentage, though that is a good one. I won't fault Jennings for a low FG% in his rookie season, because lets face it, few players in the league ever post a lower FG% than they did as rookies. So I wouldn't be too hard on Jennings for his low FG%, but Evans and Curry, playing in the back court and taking a lot of shots 15+ feet out and posting 46% from the floor each is pretty impressive and they deserve props for that. Not a lot of rookies pull that off.

Jennings also has the lowest rebounding average of the three, though he is almost posting 4 a game which is good, but Curry is over 4 a game and Evans is at 5 a game.

And though Evans and Jennings are about neck and neck with steals, Curry is ahead of both in that department and he got fewer minutes at the start of the season, so the fact his average is as high as it is is impressive.

Jennings absolutely gets the upperhand for play making. He has a higher assists-per-game average than either Evans or Curry and fewer turnovers, which ranks high in my book.

Then there is scoring average: Jennings does have the lowest of the three.

Because of his FG%, rebounding and scoring, Evans looks like the fav to me. Assists and turnovers are important to though (which is wear Jennings gets the heads up) and steaks and 3-point% give Curry an edge.

ROY is not as clear cut choice as some might think, though I personally would be confident in voting for Evans.

My only problem is suggesting that a guy should get ROY because his team does better. High draft picks usually get picked by bad teams. The Bucks underachieved last year and got a steal in the draft, where as the Kings and the Warriors (the Kings more especially) seemed to be in a free fall. Both teams had worse records than the Bucks last year, and bot play in a conference that got better over the offseason (the Mavs made upgrades, the Nuggets and Lakers are as good and playing even better now, Memphis made improvements and the Spurs made impressive additions even though their record doesn't show it).

Its always hard to compare players, especially three guys who each have different skill sets, but for rookies, its unfair to base the ROY on wins. If anything you would measure it by a team's improvement (though the player drafted by the worse team- in this case the Kings, have more room for improvement). In that estiment the Kings are already 6 wins ahead of last season where as the Warriors and Bucks have yet to match last seasons win total.

Bucks fans: You all have a case for Jennings, just as Warrior fans have a legit arguement for Curry and King fans have a legit arguement for Evans.

My vote goes to Evans. He may not be head and shoulders above the other two, but I gotta like the Kings turnaround and his got the highest scoring and rebounding average of the three, and though he's not posting the same assist numbers as Jennings, he's no slouch as a play maker, and though he may not have Curry's range, he makes smart choices when it comes to taking shots.

That's the best post on the subject yet. I'd agree with virtually everything here, and barring a big surge from Curry and possibly Jennings over the last few weeks --along with struggles from 'Reke-- I'd say it's his award to lose.

And yeah, to the poster above, great game by Jennings tonight. Been un fuego from behind the arc!

ValuePick
03-20-2010, 12:48 AM
I hope some of you are watching this game. Unbelievable.

what54!?
03-20-2010, 12:52 AM
if that was the case horford would have won it over durant three years ago. MVP may have to do with team success but not ROY.

IMO:
1. Evans
2. Curry
3. jennings

tredigs
03-20-2010, 12:56 AM
I hope some of you are watching this game. Unbelievable.

It's a good one. Too bad Jennings missed that full courter at the end of the game, or that shot at the end of 1st OT, would've been a hero. Still has another chance though...

And REALLY too bad that Evans is out. They're saying he has a concussion, and they're taking X-Rays right now to see if his jaw's fractured. Speaking of ROY implications...

Hope the dude's alright, would be a ****** way to end a great first season.

sacgiants1213
03-20-2010, 01:08 AM
if anything, at least it forces evans to finish at 20/5/5.

Wilson
03-20-2010, 01:17 AM
If anybody is interested, here are some of the advanced stats for Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings:

Player Effeciency Rating:

Tyreke Evans - 18.5
Stephen Curry - 15.3
Brandon Jennings - 14.8

True Shooting Percentage:

Tyreke Evans - .533
Stephen Curry - .566
Brandon Jennings - .475

Assists Percantage:

Tyreke Evans - 25.5
Stephen Curry - 23.0
Brandon Jennings - 30.5

Turnover Percentage:

Tyreke Evans - 13.0
Stephen Curry - 16.9
Brandon Jennings - 13.1

Offensive/Defensive Rating:

Tyreke Evans - O: 108 / D: 110
Stephen Curry - O: 106 / D: 111
Brandon Jennings - O: 100 / D: 104

Win Shares:

Tyreke Evans - OWS: 3.5 / DWS: 1.7 / Overall: 5.2
Stephen Curry - OWS: 2.2 / DWS: 1.3 / Overall: 3.5
Brandon Jennings - OWS: 0.3 / DWS: 3.2 / Overall: 3.6

Vinny642
03-20-2010, 01:20 AM
If anybody is interested, here are some of the advanced stats for Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings:

Player Effeciency Rating:

Tyreke Evans - 18.5
Stephen Curry - 15.3
Brandon Jennings - 14.8

True Shooting Percentage:

Tyreke Evans - .533
Stephen Curry - .566
Brandon Jennings - .475

Assists Percantage:

Tyreke Evans - 25.5
Stephen Curry - 23.0
Brandon Jennings - 30.5

Turnover Percentage:

Tyreke Evans - 13.0
Stephen Curry - 16.9
Brandon Jennings - 13.1

Offensive/Defensive Rating:

Tyreke Evans - O: 108 / D: 110
Stephen Curry - O: 106 / D: 111
Brandon Jennings - O: 100 / D: 104

Win Shares:

Tyreke Evans - OWS: 3.5 / DWS: 1.7 / Overall: 5.2
Stephen Curry - OWS: 2.2 / DWS: 1.3 / Overall: 3.5
Brandon Jennings - OWS: 0.3 / DWS: 3.2 / Overall: 3.6

Include Collison too lol

Nighthawk
03-20-2010, 01:21 AM
mixed reaction with this

Part of me agrees. Hell, the Milwaukee Bucks are going ot be a 5-6 seed in the playoffs. Who would of really thought that. However, Bogut is a beast, Salmons has exploded in his role over there and all the other role players having been clearly doing their thing.

Curry and Tyreke got numbers. But also look at the team and systems. Jennings would be going nuts with numbers in G.S. Tyreke is the man with sub par or young potential talent on the roster. G.S just keeps running and running and running anf scoring and putting up stats and wining nothing important

Im with Baron

Jennings for MVP

tredigs
03-20-2010, 01:23 AM
mixed reaction with this

Part of me agrees. Hell, the Milwaukee Bucks are going ot be a 5-6 seed in the playoffs. Who would of really thought that. However, Bogut is a beast, Salmons has exploded in his role over there and all the other role players having been clearly doing their thing.

Curry and Tyreke got numbers. But also look at the team and systems. Jennings would be going nuts with numbers in G.S. Tyreke is the man with sub par or young potential talent on the roster. G.S just keeps running and running and running anf scoring and putting up stats and wining nothing important

Im with Baron

Jennings for MVP

I'm with you, Jennings for GOAT.

caddiemaster
03-20-2010, 01:33 AM
I doubt anyone back east has seen tyreke or stephen play!So jennings is in!

Kings Faithful
03-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Did anyone see the Bucks-Kings game tonight? After Tyreke getting knocked out of the game in the last few minutes of the fourth, a totally ridiculous travel non call on Jennings that ended up sending the game to overtime and eventually a second overtime where the Bucks barely pulled it out against a lottery team Jennings starts screaming "PLAYOFFS BABY PLAYOFFS BABY PLAYOFFS BABY!" to the Sacramento fans. Classless. I don't care how many wins his team puts up, he's a pompous ***. I actually like Stephen Curry, especially cause his numbers actually back up his hype, but never in a million years would I ever want Brandon Jennings or a player like him on my team.

AI4MVP
03-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Did anyone see the Bucks-Kings game tonight? After Tyreke getting knocked out of the game in the last few minutes of the fourth, a totally ridiculous travel non call on Jennings that ended up sending the game to overtime and eventually a second overtime where the Bucks barely pulled it out against a lottery team Jennings starts screaming "PLAYOFFS BABY PLAYOFFS BABY PLAYOFFS BABY!" to the Sacramento fans. Classless. I don't care how many wins his team puts up, he's a pompous ***. I actually like Stephen Curry, especially cause his numbers actually back up his hype, but never in a million years would I ever want Brandon Jennings or a player like him on my team

stop being bitter and butt hurt. you guys lost and your boy tyreke got out played

jmtapia
03-20-2010, 02:05 AM
Jennings was great...

tredigs
03-20-2010, 02:11 AM
stop being bitter and butt hurt. you guys lost and your boy tyreke got out played

To be fair, Jennings got to play the end of the fourth quarter + 2 OT's while Evans was out injured, but before that you're right, he was in rare form and lit it up.

But, on the other end you have to realize that for 9/10ths of the game it was Udrih on Jennings and vice versa, not 'Reke. And Udrih lit Jennings up pretty good himself.

Kings Faithful
03-20-2010, 02:12 AM

Your right, I'm bitter. The Bucks pulled off a totally ridiculous comeback in the last minute of the game with a ton of BS calls, our star got injured and will be out possibly for the next few weeks. And to top it all off a douchebag player started screaming at our fans rubbing salt in the wounds. I find absolutely no fault in being bitter about that. I don't care that Jennings outplayed Evans. He had 1 of about 5 big games his entire season whereas Evans has had about 5 games just as big this month. It's pretty clear to me who the better player is, I'm not worried about that. I'm just sharing my opinion on an open forum that Jennings is the most immature player in the entire league. The bucks can have their 1st round exit. We'll take our phenom any day of the week.

AI4MVP
03-20-2010, 02:13 AM
To be fair, Jennings got to play the end of the fourth quarter + 2 OT's while Evans was out injured, but before that you're right, he was in rare form and lit it up.

But, on the other end you have to realize that for 9/10ths of the game it was Udrih on Jennings and vice versa, not 'Reke. And Udrih lit Jennings up pretty good himself.

mmk. but for the first four quarters where they were both in the game and both trying to lead tehre team to victory, who outplayed who? im just sayin..

AI4MVP
03-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Your right, I'm bitter. The Bucks pulled off a totally ridiculous comeback in the last minute of the game with a ton of BS calls, our star got injured and will be out possibly for the next few weeks. And to top it all off a douchebag player started screaming at our fans rubbing salt in the wounds. I find absolutely no fault in being bitter about that. I don't care that Jennings outplayed Evans. He had 1 of about 5 big games his entire season whereas Evans has had about 5 games just as big this month. It's pretty clear to me who the better player is, I'm not worried about that. I'm just sharing my opinion on an open forum that Jennings is the most immature player in the entire league. The bucks can have their 1st round exit. We'll take our phenom any day of the week.

ok. sorry my "immature" player is excited that hes doing what he wanted to accomplish and his team is going to the playoffs. you can have your rookie of the year. ill take a rookie that leads a team to the playoffs any day of the week

sacgiants1213
03-20-2010, 02:18 AM
mmk. but for the first four quarters where they were both in the game and both trying to lead tehre team to victory, who outplayed who? im just sayin..

Jennings took more than 3x as many field goals as Tyreke had (12/28 vs 4/8). Tyreke would have finished with more than 15 if he got more shots off. Also, it really helps that your center is Andrew Bogut while we're throwing out Spencer Hawes and one of the most immature players (on the court) in the league Jason Thompson

tredigs
03-20-2010, 02:20 AM
ok. sorry my "immature" player is excited that hes doing what he wanted to accomplish and his team is going to the playoffs. you can have your rookie of the year. ill take a rookie that leads a team to the playoffs any day of the week

Andrew Bogut, stellar defense, and the Eastern Conference are what is "leading" the Bucks to the playoffs. Make no mistake about that. Jennings is trying to find his way and has been a great facilitator so far, but in no way is the leader out there. I'm sure you watch the Bucks games and can agree with that.

AI4MVP
03-20-2010, 02:40 AM
brandon jennings twitter:

No need for the ROY talk. This ain't about me, it's about the team. Good win guys, off to Denver got a tough 1 tomorrow.

sooo immature.

just becuz the dude beat u and has a cocky swag doesnt mean hes immature

CityofTreez
03-20-2010, 02:45 AM
It says alot when the Knicks chose to pick Jordan Hill over Brandon Jennings!

Brandon Jennings should thank Bucks management for surrounding him w/ Andrew Bogut (Most Improved Player of the Year) and going out and getting John Salmons who plays the game more efficiently than this inconsiderate little prick who comes to Sacramento and tweets about how it smells like cows.

I wonder who smelled like **** when he came here 6 months ago for rookie workouts and was obliterated by Tyreke Evans right infront of Geoff Petrie! I can answer that. Brandon jennings and his House-Party dew!

He's good, not doubt about that, but Tyreke Evans is Great and the numbers prove it! Who cares what Baron Davis said, he's a ****ing Clipper, his opinion has no creditibility in this league. He went back to LA so he could join the Screen Actors Guild and appear in lousy ABC shows!

AI4MVP
03-20-2010, 02:49 AM

Brandon Jennings should thank Bucks management for surrounding him w/ Andrew Bogut (Most Improved Player of the Year) and going out and getting John Salmons who plays the game more efficiently than this inconsiderate little prick who comes to Sacramento and tweets about how it smells like cows.

I wonder who smelled like **** when he came here 6 months ago for rookie workouts and was obliterated by Tyreke Evans right infront of Geoff Petrie! I can answer that. Brandon jennings and his House-Party dew!

He's good, not doubt about that, but Tyreke Evans is Great and the numbers prove it! Who cares what Baron Davis said, he's a ****ing Clipper, his opinion has no creditibility in this league. He went back to LA so he could join the Screen Actors Guild and appear in lousy ABC shows!

i just think its funny becuz u wouldnt have said anything of this stuff if brandon jennings didnt make the kings his housewife tonight. 8 threes?? one of them cows brandon jennings smelt coulda played betr defense

CityofTreez
03-20-2010, 02:53 AM
Yeah. Great defense!

I guess he's responsible for Andres Nocini missing a point blank shot in the paint and fumbling a ball off his knees outta bounds in the final seconds of the 2OT!

Look Jennings is a great player. He's a special asset for the Bucks, but he's not ROY and Baron davis is just repping this kid cause he grew up 10 miles away from his hometown!

AI4MVP
03-20-2010, 03:04 AM
bro trust me. i 100% agree that evans should be rookie of the year. tehres no question about it. no offense to steph curry. ANY other year steph curry would have one it, even last year IMO hes a phenominal player. but evans is just something else. i completely agree with that.

im just sick of people talking about jennings like hes some kinda scrub. the kid has aamzing talent.

tredigs
03-20-2010, 03:05 AM

...than this inconsiderate little prick who comes to Sacramento and tweets about how it smells like cows.

Who cares what Baron Davis said, he's a ****ing Clipper, his opinion has no creditibility in this league. He went back to LA so he could join the Screen Actors Guild and appear in lousy ABC shows!

Ahahaaha... best angry/comedy post I've seen on PSD to date.

sugarrayray
03-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Did anyone see the Bucks-Kings game tonight? After Tyreke getting knocked out of the game in the last few minutes of the fourth, a totally ridiculous travel non call on Jennings that ended up sending the game to overtime and eventually a second overtime where the Bucks barely pulled it out against a lottery team Jennings starts screaming "PLAYOFFS BABY PLAYOFFS BABY PLAYOFFS BABY!" to the Sacramento fans. Classless. I don't care how many wins his team puts up, he's a pompous ***. I actually like Stephen Curry, especially cause his numbers actually back up his hype, but never in a million years would I ever want Brandon Jennings or a player like him on my team.

You should spray paint sore loser on your bathroom wall.

Evans got away with a lot of charges tonight and gets way too many calls. All he can do is drive. John Salmons owned him while Evans put up 8 TURNOVERS.

Meanwhile Jennings showed his game is much more well rounded by waxing 8 THREES and handing out 8 assists. And oh ya, by winning the game.

Jennings is very mature, puts his team first, and is leading his team to the playoffs for the first time in years. Something neither Evans or Curry will be doing for a long time.

People can say what they want about Curry, but he's on a team where multiple D-League players can average double digits in points. He also plays a ton of minutes. He should be doing much better and has been very overrated so far.

I'm looking forward to enjoying Jennings leading the Bucks during the playoffs for years to come, while you can look forward to Evans and Curry accumulate personal accolade after personal accolade. Enjoy that, while your team suffers and misses the playoffs each year as they come by.

Jennings makes everyone around him so much better-especially Bogut. Evans makes his stats better-and nothing else.

tredigs
03-20-2010, 03:36 AM

Evans got away with a lot of charges tonight and gets way too many calls. All he can do is drive. John Salmons owned him while Evans put up 8 TURNOVERS.

Meanwhile Jennings showed his game is much more well rounded by waxing 8 THREES and handing out 8 assists. And oh ya, by winning the game.

Jennings is very mature, puts his team first, and is leading his team to the playoffs for the first time in years. Something neither Evans or Curry will be doing for a long time.

People can say what they want about Curry, but he's on a team where multiple D-League players can average double digits in points. He also plays a ton of minutes. He should be doing much better and has been very overrated so far.

HAH! That's a joke. The reason "multiple D-leaguers" average double digit points is because the Dubs have had more injuries than any franchise this year, and possibly in NBA history. They've been forced to rely on these guys to play 25-30 minutes a game. Even still, Reggie Williams leads the D-League squad at 12ppg while Tolliver is second at 10.1ppg in 30mpg. Not exactly huge numbers.

Curry plays no more minutes than Tyreke, and over the last 3 months (40 games) since his adjustment period with Monta's selfish self, he's put up:

19.5pts (47% shooting on 15.7fga/g) 4.7reb 6.1ast 1.7stl and 2.4threes (44% shooting here) 3.2to's

Jennings in that same period (43 games):

13.7pts (34.7% shooting on 13.6fga/g) 3.5reb 6.1ast 1.5stl and 1.6threes (38% shooting here) 2.3to's

You are ridiculous to think that Curry is overrated. He's been the only rock on a team that his been 90% decimated by injury, and has had to grow up a lot in the last few months, and has shown a lot of improvement. The kid is a legitimate star who makes fools of opponents defense on a nightly basis. Golden States pace isn't what is making him such an efficient scorer. Once he gets a little size on that frame and continues to improve on his already vastly improved pg skills, the all star games are going to come rolling in.

jmtapia
03-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Id rather have Curry then Jennings. No doubt.

jmtapia
03-20-2010, 03:58 AM

I'm looking forward to enjoying Jennings leading the Bucks during the playoffs for years to come, while you can look forward to Evans and Curry accumulate personal accolade after personal accolade. Enjoy that, while your team suffers and misses the playoffs each year as they come by.

Jennings makes everyone around him so much better-especially Bogut. Evans makes his stats better-and nothing else.

Jennings was very good tonight and Evans had an off night. Lets not forget that Evans is averaging 20.3pts/5.2rbs/5.6ast while sporting a 46 FG%... Evans only put up 8 FGs tonight but got to the line 10 times. John Salmons did a great job defensively.

sacgiants1213
03-20-2010, 04:02 AM

I hope you enjoy your first round exits while we enjoy our accumulation of top 5 picks. The bucks won't be title contenders any time soon.

tredigs
03-20-2010, 04:05 AM
Jennings was very good tonight and Evans had an off night. Lets not forget that Evans is averaging 20.3pts/5.2rbs/5.6ast while sporting a 46 FG%... Evans only put up 8 FGs tonight but got to the line 10 times. John Salmons did a great job defensively.

Truth be told. It's definitely worth mentioning that Salmons is a very good defender, while Beno Udrih is probably one of the worst guard defenders in the league. Jennings has been nice the last few games though, let's see if he can ride this out through the rest of the season and into the playoffs. I'm pretty skeptical, but we'll see...

brisk002
03-20-2010, 11:43 AM
As I said in another thread. Guys sometimes can pile up stats and that's great. If you can produce numbers in the NBA. Then you're good. So I'm not knocking Curry or Evans. But the fact of the matter is that they play for West Coast teams who are not known for their defense. First guy open shoots and that just leads to many faster paced games with little defense from either team.

The Bucks just don't play that way. Skiles plays to a certain tempo and demands great defense. He is a master at coaching the 85 to 95 point games.

So Jennings is in much more half court type basketball then either of those guys. He shoots many more end of the shot clock jumpers then Evans does because that's just the way his team plays. Evans has a higher field goal percentage then Jennings. But he's really just as bad or worse from the perimeter. Tyreke scores more because his team plays faster and his great at layups and also shoots a ton of free throws.

Curry is a more complete player then Evans. But then again G.S. runs and guns. Curry however is terrible on defense.

Jennings against G.S.

Game #1 55 points. Bucks win 129-125(21-34 from field)
Game #2 25 points. Bucks win 113-104(7-16 from field)

Against Sacramento

Game #1 15 points. Bucks lose 96-65(4-11 from field)
Game #2 35 points. Bucks win 114-108(12-28 from field)

Combined 4 games

130 points(37.5 ppg). Bucks go 3-1. 44-89 from field. .494 field goal percentage.

Kind of proves my oroginal point.

brisk002
03-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Brilliant conservative analysis ^^^^

Miltown34
03-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah. Great defense!

I guess he's responsible for Andres Nocini missing a point blank shot in the paint and fumbling a ball off his knees outta bounds in the final seconds of the 2OT!

Look Jennings is a great player. He's a special asset for the Bucks, but he's not ROY and Baron davis is just repping this kid cause he grew up 10 miles away from his hometown!

agreed, BJ is one of my 2 fav players, Tyreke has a had a ROY type season, why we does everybody have 2 diss these good rookies. There both good, Tyerke is better even though I think the gap will close, but I mean I just like watching talent. People want to rag on these rookies, like BJ can't do this and these other rookies can't do that. Lets just enjoy some good bball players. Of course they have to work on there game and improve ****ing rookies there 20 years old well some of them.

Miltown34
03-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Id rather have Curry then Jennings. No doubt.

me hell no, Jennings has way more upside tho

magichatnumber9
03-20-2010, 12:37 PM
me hell no, Jennings has way more upside tho
I think Curry is going to be a better field general then Jennings. That my friend is key for putting a championship team together.

Miltown34
03-20-2010, 12:41 PM
I think Curry is going to be a better field general then Jennings. That my friend is key for putting a championship team together.

I don't cus Jennings has quicker speed, and dude he would be a sophomore, where Curry is older. Curry will be a good player no doubt. BJ is not even suppose to be a scorer, he is more of a pure PG. His assist would be higher if we more shooters or finishers. I say more pure PG because, he plays in a slow half-court offense and plays less minutes, while Curry plays in a high temp offense and produces less assist. Well non Bucks fans will see in 2-3 years what I'm talking about.

tredigs
03-20-2010, 12:42 PM
As I said in another thread. Guys sometimes can pile up stats and that's great. If you can produce numbers in the NBA. Then you're good. So I'm not knocking Curry or Evans. But the fact of the matter is that they play for West Coast teams who are not known for their defense. First guy open shoots and that just leads to many faster paced games with little defense from either team.

The Bucks just don't play that way. Skiles plays to a certain tempo and demands great defense. He is a master at coaching the 85 to 95 point games.

So Jennings is in much more half court type basketball then either of those guys. He shoots many more end of the shot clock jumpers then Evans does because that's just the way his team plays. Evans has a higher field goal percentage then Jennings. But he's really just as bad or worse from the perimeter. Tyreke scores more because his team plays faster and his great at layups and also shoots a ton of free throws.

Curry is a more complete player then Evans. But then again G.S. runs and guns. Curry however is terrible on defense.

Jennings against G.S.

Game #1 55 points. Bucks win 129-125(21-34 from field)
Game #2 25 points. Bucks win 113-104(7-16 from field)

Against Sacramento

Game #1 15 points. Bucks lose 96-65(4-11 from field)
Game #2 35 points. Bucks win 114-108(12-28 from field)

Combined 4 games

130 points(37.5 ppg). Bucks go 3-1. 44-89 from field. .494 field goal percentage.

Kind of proves my oroginal point.

A 4 game sample size AGAINST the easy defensive teams (you realize the Warriors can't play themselves, right?) where Jennings only managed to shoot 50% once (his best game by a mile this year) is what proves your point? That isn't the strongest of arguments my friend.

Wilson
03-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Include Collison too lol

I can't be bothered typing it all out again (sorry :o), but for the record the only stat I posted which Collison was better than the rest in is assists percentage, with 33.4. Here (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=evansty01&y1=2010&p2=curryst01&y2=2010&p3=jennibr01&y3=2010&p4=collida01&y4=2010) is where I got those stats by the way, sorry I forgot to post that link earlier guys.

MagicBucsSox
03-20-2010, 08:19 PM
its not about winning i.e lebron won over both wade n melo who took their teams to the playoffs their rookie yrs

jmtapia
03-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Evans>Curry>Jennings>Collison

thats how i see it for ROY.

iggypop123
03-21-2010, 03:48 AM

not really, all this guard talk is stupid because its about the big guys. lakers won with lol fisher, and celtics with a baby rondo who couldnt hit a jumpshot to save his life. what did the cavs have at pg when they made the finals? probably nothing. spurs had parker but he was one of the pieces.

Fireworld
03-21-2010, 04:21 AM
I couldn't agree more.

Wilson
03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
not really, all this guard talk is stupid because its about the big guys. lakers won with lol fisher, and celtics with a baby rondo who couldnt hit a jumpshot to save his life. what did the cavs have at pg when they made the finals? probably nothing. spurs had parker but he was one of the pieces.

I don't think that's the fairest assesment. The ability to be a floor general will be key for these rookies on their respective clubs, because non of these teams have Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, or LeBron James, or Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce.

The Celtics had some fantastic PG play anyway. Rondo couldn't hit the jump shots, but as a passer and a defender the Celtics couldn't have asked for more from him.

These teams are building around these rookie PGs, and if the rooks don't perform the teams aren't going to go anywhere.

Brew Crew
03-21-2010, 09:55 AM

So where have you been the entire season then? That is exactly what Jennings has been for the Bucks. And they're winning the games too.

n83417
03-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Brandon Jennings sucks. Bucks are winning dispite his poor play. Bugut is carrying that team.

Jennings Sucks.

Out of 123 players that qualify for the FG% stat (you must be on pace to make 300 FGs) Brandon Jennings in 123rd.

DEAD LAST.

He Sucks.

prodigy
03-21-2010, 10:18 AM
If its all about winning then Danny Green of the cavs should be ROTY no? lol.

ValuePick
03-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Brandon Jennings sucks. Bucks are winning dispite his poor play. Bugut is carrying that team.

Jennings Sucks.

Out of 123 players that qualify for the FG% stat (you must be on pace to make 300 FGs) Brandon Jennings in 123rd.

DEAD LAST.

He Sucks.

He sucks at having a good shooting %, I'll give you that.

billy17
03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
twenty, five and five

sargon21
03-21-2010, 09:29 PM
put tyreke on the bucks and they would have the start of a dynasty, unlike w/ jennings, a weak pg