PDA

View Full Version : Teams Who Need To Change Their Name

JasonJohnHorn
03-17-2010, 08:41 AM
There are lots of teams with great name. The Pistons are very fitting for Detroit (being the motor city), the Bulls is great for chi-town (a homage to the meat packing industry), the Celtics were great for Boston due to the Celtic heritage many residents and it foundation (though I was never sure why they pronounced with an "s" sound?) and the Magic is great for Orland (since its the home of the Magic Kingdom).

But lets face, some teams have **** names. The Bobcats? Are there that many bobcats in Charlotte? And the Thunder? Serioulsy? Isn't their Thunder EVERYWHERE? The Clippers? The Grizzlies? There names need some serious overhaul. And regardless of the recent P.R. nightmare in Washington, they really need to change the name of the team back to "The Bullets". Thouse jersey were classic, but even if they don't want to do that, they still need to change it from "Wizards". I dont know any basketball players who are intimidated by Harry Potter, or any who want to be associated with Dumbledore.

xxseven72ducexx
03-17-2010, 09:34 AM
yea its pretty sad that college teams have better names than the professional teams...id rather be a kansas jayhawk or a duke blue devil any day compared to a los angeles clipper or a charlotte bobcat

deuces
03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
the clippers be clippin

td0tsfinest
03-17-2010, 09:47 AM
I hate the Thunder name. Love the team, just hate the name.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
i mostly agree, except for the clippers. its just too classic. (unless they change their name to the world b frees)....i think the bobcats are in the process of changing their name. i hate everything about the thunder 'cept for durant

Raph12
03-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Bobcats, Nuggets, Pacers, Clippers, Nets, Thunder, 76ers, Jazz and Wizards.

StickyGreenFan
03-17-2010, 10:19 AM

yea i never knew denver had nuggets or utah was known for its jazz lol some of those are odd. i always thoughts lakers shoulda had a different name when they moved here but i could understand keeping a name with history.

macc
03-17-2010, 10:25 AM
The Thunder is the worst name out there though. Followed by the Clippers.

td0tsfinest
03-17-2010, 10:25 AM
yea i never knew denver had nuggets or utah was known for its jazz lol some of those are odd. i always thoughts lakers shoulda had a different name when they moved here but i could understand keeping a name with history.

Well Jazz used be located in New Orleans. So they just carried over the name because Utah is so into Jazz. :rolleyes:

The Nuggets are called the Nuggets after the gold rush in the 1800s. So, I guess its part of their history.

bahama0811
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Denver was founded in the 1850's as a gold mining town so Nuggets actually fits perfectly.

StickyGreenFan
03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Denver was founded in the 1850's as a gold mining town so Nuggets actually fits perfectly.

i thought northen cali was where all the gold minin towns were. didnt really know that denver was founded like that too! history lesson for the day i guess lol

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-17-2010, 10:44 AM

The Declaration of Independence was signed in Philadelphia, in 1776

Tribe
03-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Wizards is the worst name...

I remember when they had a city wide turn in your gun for free tickets when they changed there name

nuggetsyankees
03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
the Warriors piss me off

asandhu23
03-17-2010, 10:59 AM
the Warriors piss me off

Come on now. we have the best name in all sports :D

asandhu23
03-17-2010, 11:02 AM
the clippers be clippin

Actually the clippers they have for their name stands for a certain type of big ships. here look.

http://www.treehugger.com/clipper.jpg

This name is from the days of team being in San Diego... famous port, etc, etc.

jeebus82
03-17-2010, 11:04 AM
The Pacers should stay the Pacers. It totally makes sense. The Thunder is a terrible name. Im sorry but they shouldn't leave naming a franchise to 8 year old kids, because they are most likely to vote.

JackB
03-17-2010, 11:05 AM
The Lakers should change their name. After all they were named because of all the lakes in Minnesota. And New Orleans should get their old name back. The Jazz.
The Pistons don't even play in Detroit. Yeah I know. Its the same with many other teams.
Two or the best are the Spurs and Mavericks.

asandhu23
03-17-2010, 11:06 AM
i thought northen cali was where all the gold minin towns were. didnt really know that denver was founded like that too! history lesson for the day i guess lol

Well there were 3 most important areas of Gold Rush in US. Alaska, California and Colorado.

asandhu23
03-17-2010, 11:09 AM
The Lakers should change their name. After all they were named because of all the lakes in Minnesota. And New Orleans should get their old name back. The Jazz.
The Pistons don't even play in Detroit. Yeah I know. Its the same with many other teams.
Two or the best are the Spurs and Mavericks.

LA does have a big lake: Pacific Ocean :cool:

mser58
03-17-2010, 11:11 AM

Just puked a little.... maybe the best name in professional sports! Makes more sense then a lot of teams....

Nuggets - mining
clippers- the clippers are homage to schooners off LA coast
pacers- homage to INDY 500

Wiz/ Bobcats/ thunder/ nets = dumb

Jazz and Lakers are just victim to franchise relocation

G-Funk
03-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Cavaliers
Nuggets
Thunder
Clippers
Clippers
Clippers

macc
03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Here is a brief history of why some of the teams picked their names.

Bobcats - The Charlotte Bobcats logo depicts the spirit of the new franchise, illustrating the team’s aggressive hopes and aspirations

“The Charlotte Bobcats team will be as athletic, fierce and hard-working as the bobcat itself,” noted owner Bob Johnson, who referred to the animal that is being used for the first time asthe name of a professional sports franchise. “No one wants to meet up with a bobcat in the woods, and that’s the feeling we intend to create on the court with our team’s new identity.”

Nets - The New Jersey Americans were charter members of the ABA in 1967. The team moved to Commack, N.Y., the following year and changed its name to New York Nets, after one of the most important parts of the basketball game -- the net.

Grizzlies - When the Grizzlies came into existence in Vancouver, British Columbia, prior to the 1995-96 season, the ownership group wanted a name symbolic of Vancouver and the entire province of British Columbia. After initially tabbing “Mounties” as the team’s name, a tribute to Canada’s iconic Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the franchise instead changed the name to “Grizzlies”. Grizzly bears are indigenous to British Columbia, and are a highly prominent icon both in northwestern native culture and Western Canada as a whole.

The Cavs - In 1970, Cleveland’s newspaper, The Plain Dealer, held a contest to name the city’s new basketball club.

Contest winner Jerry Tomko wrote that the Cavaliers “represent a group of daring, fearless men, whose life’s pact was never surrender, no matter what the odds.”

The nickname is frequently shortened to Cavs.

Houston Rockets - In 1967, San Diego became the 12th member of the NBA. Basketball fans there were asked to choose a nickname for the team. Rockets was picked because it reflected the outstanding growth of space-age industries in San Diego.

Even though the team relocated to Houston in 1971, the nickname still fits because of the NASA space program’s operation center there.

Raptors - I read the Raptors ordeal and it sounded like they just took the top 10 entries then voted from there. Other nicknames were the Beavers, Bobcats, Grizzlies, Hogs, Dragons, Scorpions, Tarantulas, ect. But they decided on Raptors.

ldc62
03-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Raptors - I read the Raptors ordeal and it sounded like they just took the top 10 entries then voted from there. Other nicknames were the Beavers, Bobcats, Grizzlies, Hogs, Dragons, Scorpions, Tarantulas, ect. But they decided on Raptors.

Thank God they chose Raptors...

Havoc Wreaker
03-17-2010, 11:57 AM
the clippers be clippin

:laugh2:

Wizards is the worst name...

I remember when they had a city wide turn in your gun for free tickets when they changed there name

I guess Gilbert Arenas forgot to show up for that

:laugh2:

Toronto Tarantulas

Ahahaha

hans dolo
03-17-2010, 12:00 PM
i always really liked the name HEAT for miami and the BUCKS for milwaukee. my favorite is the 76ers, but i'm a homer so .......

king4day
03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Hornets should return their name to Charlotte and Utah should return their name to New Orleans.
Then just give Utah a new name.

mikantsass
03-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Lakers.... last i checked there are no lakes in LA

RaptorizedKevin
03-17-2010, 02:19 PM
the clippers have the lamest name. same wit the pacers.

RaptorizedKevin
03-17-2010, 02:22 PM
the toronto raptors sounds like a tough rugged group of ball players. too bad the raptors are wayy to soft and dont do **** to anyone.

BlinkManJan02
03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Grizzlies was mentioned. It was fitting for Vancouver, but now that they moved it doesn't make much sense.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA, why do you think the Bobcats are in the process of changing their name? That's interesting they would change it already, they are still pretty new.

I remember a few years back, I heard Jordan wanted to buy the Bucks and move them to Las Vegas. Obviously just a rumor with no credibility. Bucks would be a perfect name for a Las Vegas team haha, just change the logo up.

Raph12
03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Just puked a little.... maybe the best name in professional sports! Makes more sense then a lot of teams....

Nuggets - mining
clippers- the clippers are homage to schooners off LA coast
pacers- homage to INDY 500

Wiz/ Bobcats/ thunder/ nets = dumb

Jazz and Lakers are just victim to franchise relocation

The Declaration of Independence was signed in Philadelphia, in 1776

Idc, 76ers is still a stupid name for a team, and then their mascot is a bunny. :rolleyes:

I don't like the idea of naming teams after some part of the cities' history, just give it a cool name and get on with your lives.

JordansBulls
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM
There are lots of teams with great name. The Pistons are very fitting for Detroit (being the motor city), the Bulls is great for chi-town (a homage to the meat packing industry), the Celtics were great for Boston due to the Celtic heritage many residents and it foundation (though I was never sure why they pronounced with an "s" sound?) and the Magic is great for Orland (since its the home of the Magic Kingdom).

But lets face, some teams have $#!T names. The Bobcats? Are there that many bobcats in Charlotte? And the Thunder? Serioulsy? Isn't their Thunder EVERYWHERE? The Clippers? The Grizzlies? There names need some serious overhaul. And regardless of the recent P.R. nightmare in Washington, they really need to change the name of the team back to "The Bullets". Thouse jersey were classic, but even if they don't want to do that, they still need to change it from "Wizards". I dont know any basketball players who are intimidated by Harry Potter, or any who want to be associated with Dumbledore.

Bobcats
Thunder
Wizards
Raptors (there weren't any dinosaurs in Canada)

SA5195
03-17-2010, 03:15 PM
WAS should change it back to "The Bullets"

It would be a perfect fit for Gilbert Arenas

:guns:

topdog
03-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Bad or unfit names that should stay bc of history:
Knicks (knickerbockers = shorts)
Lakers (MN is land of 10,000, LA? not so many)
Celtics (basically "the Irish" ...and an all black team...)

Names that should go bye-bye:
Thunder (everything about their launch, aside from players, has been a generic disappointment)
Nets (we're that thing you shoot at!)
Bobcats (even if it's relevant, idk, it's still kinda lame)
Jazz (just change the name, Stockton and Malone will forgive you)
Wizards (the only good Wiz is CheezeWiz)
Cavaliers (they were part of the British Civil War against their king, not very American)

Oh and bring back the pistons logo/jerseys from the Grant Hill days!

Big Zo
03-17-2010, 04:49 PM
1. Lakers. There are no lakes in Los Angeles, and even if there were, I've never heard of anyone living near a lake being referred to as a "laker."

2. Jazz. Utah is known for mormons, not jazz. (no offense to mormons)

3. Bobcats. Just sounds stupid.

4. Wizards. Need to go back to being the Bullets.

The_Pharouh
03-17-2010, 04:56 PM
talking about teams name I think those articles was good

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13604
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13600

Young2Kinsler
03-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I like the Thunder. That region is know for big severe storms. Makes sense

Big Zo
03-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I like the Thunder. That region is know for big severe storms. Makes sense

I'd hate it a little less if they had nice uniforms with a lightning bolt logo.

PurpleJesus
03-17-2010, 05:28 PM
the Lakers were named after the 10000 lakes that minnesota has, after they left minnesota they didnt change the name for some reason...the name doesnt have to much in common with the city of los angeles.

MTone8788
03-17-2010, 05:38 PM
WAS should change it back to "The Bullets"

It would be a perfect fit for Gilbert Arenas

:guns:

:clap:

bucksfan31
03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Actually the clippers they have for their name stands for a certain type of big ships. here look.

http://www.treehugger.com/clipper.jpg

This name is from the days of team being in San Diego... famous port, etc, etc.

Thank you i was about to say that, but you beat me to it, Clippers fits perfectly.

bucksfan31
03-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Cavaliers (they were part of the British Civil War against their king, not very American)

Actually it does fit because is it not American, that we commend those who stood up to the British Government, since we hated them anyways.

bucksfan31
03-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Grizzlies was mentioned. It was fitting for Vancouver, but now that they moved it doesn't make much sense.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA, why do you think the Bobcats are in the process of changing their name? That's interesting they would change it already, they are still pretty new.

I remember a few years back, I heard Jordan wanted to buy the Bucks and move them to Las Vegas. Obviously just a rumor with no credibility. Bucks would be a perfect name for a Las Vegas team haha, just change the logo up.

Yea make the logo a hooker dribbling a basketball!

Meth
03-18-2010, 01:36 AM
One day, the Wizards were working on their magical powers, until they thought to themselves, "Will I ever get laid?"

Lakers should change to something more desert like.

Oklahoma City should be changed to the Bombers. That's only if you know what happened in the past.

who wants the joint I'm smoking?

MZN7
03-18-2010, 01:57 AM
they should change golden state to the golden state grizzlies- because it has alliteration and california has alot of bears.

they should change washington to the washington warriors

and then find a new name for memphis.

Giants88
03-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Nets is pretty freaking cheezy as well

AI4MVP
03-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Here is a brief history of why some of the teams picked their names.

Bobcats - The Charlotte Bobcats logo depicts the spirit of the new franchise, illustrating the team’s aggressive hopes and aspirations

“The Charlotte Bobcats team will be as athletic, fierce and hard-working as the bobcat itself,” noted owner Bob Johnson, who referred to the animal that is being used for the first time asthe name of a professional sports franchise. “No one wants to meet up with a bobcat in the woods, and that’s the feeling we intend to create on the court with our team’s new identity.”

Nets - The New Jersey Americans were charter members of the ABA in 1967. The team moved to Commack, N.Y., the following year and changed its name to New York Nets, after one of the most important parts of the basketball game -- the net.

Grizzlies - When the Grizzlies came into existence in Vancouver, British Columbia, prior to the 1995-96 season, the ownership group wanted a name symbolic of Vancouver and the entire province of British Columbia. After initially tabbing “Mounties” as the team’s name, a tribute to Canada’s iconic Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the franchise instead changed the name to “Grizzlies”. Grizzly bears are indigenous to British Columbia, and are a highly prominent icon both in northwestern native culture and Western Canada as a whole.

The Cavs - In 1970, Cleveland’s newspaper, The Plain Dealer, held a contest to name the city’s new basketball club.

Contest winner Jerry Tomko wrote that the Cavaliers “represent a group of daring, fearless men, whose life’s pact was never surrender, no matter what the odds.”

The nickname is frequently shortened to Cavs.

Houston Rockets - In 1967, San Diego became the 12th member of the NBA. Basketball fans there were asked to choose a nickname for the team. Rockets was picked because it reflected the outstanding growth of space-age industries in San Diego.

Even though the team relocated to Houston in 1971, the nickname still fits because of the NASA space program’s operation center there.

HAHAHAHA my thoughts exactly. can u imagine.

"NOWWW UR STARTING LINEUP FOR YOUUUUR TORONTO TARANTUALS!!!"

sounds like a team thatd be in the movie semi pro

soonabooma
03-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Alot of people have said they don't like the name Thunder. But I'm willing to bet if we had black uniforms with a better color scheme and a stronger logo, you'd like it just fine. It's not the name that needs help, Thunder is just fine, it fits with Oklahoma unless you're too ignorant to know anything about the weather here. And Thunder is a hell of alot less corny than quite a few of the other names around the league. The color scheme/logo is what screws our whole image up. I honestly don't know why they came up with that logo or why they chose to use pastel type colors, but they don't fit with the name Thunder. So I'm guessing at some point, they'll make some changes. I guess they kinda came up with everything at the last minute becuz maybe they honestly believed they'd have to wait at least another year before even getting the team here. But there are plenty of cool things that can be done to give us a strong identity. Either way, people better get used to the name Thunder becuz it's one you'll be hearing quite often for the next decade.
:superman:

asandhu23
03-18-2010, 02:28 AM
they should change golden state to the golden state grizzlies- because it has alliteration and california has alot of bears.

they should change washington to the washington warriors

and then find a new name for memphis.

1. no. grizzly bears have been extinct in california for over a century.
2. washington warriors... why?
3. do you really want to break up the coolest team name in all sports?
4. golden state warriors is one of the oldest franchises of NBA. they have had that name for a long time. they are never going to change their name.

MZN7
03-18-2010, 02:32 AM
its not like i have anything against the name, i actually think that its a pretty cool name. i just thought golden state grizzlies would make more sense because california used to have bears.

Halladay
03-18-2010, 02:35 AM
Bobcats
Thunder
Wizards
Raptors (there weren't any dinosaurs in Canada)

You might wanna look that up...

montafan
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
i think the warriors are an interesting case. i am fine with the name warriors, the part of the name i think needs changing is the golden state part. there is no need to represent the whole state with that name even if we were the most popular team in the state, which we arent. oakland warriors or something else

PC
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Thunder, Bobcats, Wizards and Pacers

smith&wesson
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I hate the Thunder name. Love the team, just hate the name.

couldnt agree more, great team. terrible name. and even worst jerseys they looked better in the super sonics.

MJ-BULLS
03-18-2010, 12:20 PM
The Oklahoma City Thunder is by far the worst NBA name out there. Followed by the bobcats Clippers and the 76ers.

macc
03-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Alot of people have said they don't like the name Thunder. But I'm willing to bet if we had black uniforms with a better color scheme and a stronger logo, you'd like it just fine. It's not the name that needs help, Thunder is just fine, it fits with Oklahoma unless you're too ignorant to know anything about the weather here. And Thunder is a hell of alot less corny than quite a few of the other names around the league. The color scheme/logo is what screws our whole image up. I honestly don't know why they came up with that logo or why they chose to use pastel type colors, but they don't fit with the name Thunder. So I'm guessing at some point, they'll make some changes. I guess they kinda came up with everything at the last minute becuz maybe they honestly believed they'd have to wait at least another year before even getting the team here. But there are plenty of cool things that can be done to give us a strong identity. Either way, people better get used to the name Thunder becuz it's one you'll be hearing quite often for the next decade.

Sorry man, I know you're just trying to rep your team but it wouldn't matter what the jerseys looked like, The "Thunder" is the lamest name in the NBA. Theres thunder everywhere, it doesn't make Oklahoma unique. Though I bet that name beat out

Oklahoma trees
Oklahoma wind
Oklahoma malls
Oklahoma Rain

You know, other unique characteristics of Oklahoma

G-Funk
03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Lakers are never changing their team name. They have the richest history in the nba. They are part of a team rushmore that includes yankees, cowboys, manchester untided. It's like asking any of these teams to change there names. Not gonna happend!

Only teams that deserve changing there names are loser teams that haven't won jack!

JNA17
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Oklahoma Fighters. That's what i would change it too instead of Thunder.

deuces
03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
the Toronto butterfly's!

topdog
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM

I don't think you even have to mention the actual team - pretty much everyone is in agreement that you guys have a nice core.

The logo is awful. The jerseys look like crap. Honestly, NBA 2008 or whatever it was that came out when the Thunder took on that name and they just had some real generic jerseys and logo for the Thunder, it turns out that those were probably better than the actual thing.

As for the name, one of my general rules for judging names is that a player for that franchise can say the phrase, "I am a _______" "I am a Laker," "I am a Timberwolf," "I am a Thunder?" I just doesn't work. Same for Heat (though something about that particular name is still attractive to people), and the Wild in hockey "I'm a Wild?" At least they have a cool logo though.

dev0
03-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Charlotte Bobcats... (named after their old owner Bob-something... it was his nicnname and they now have a new owner MJ! and should change their name accordingly)
Washington Wizards... (the other washington franchises have nationalistic names Nationals, Capitals, Redskins lol, but what does Wizards really have to do with anything, obviously more appropriate than bullets though)
New Jersey Nets... (moving to Brooklyn, i don't believe that any team should keep their name when switching cities)
Lakers, Jazz, Grizzlies, Hornets should all go back to where their team name made any sense at all (eg there are no lakes in LA, no grizzlies in Memphis, no Jazz in utah, etc.)
And... Portland and Toronto could maybe be changed...dunno

thedong
03-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Denver Thuggets
Los Angeles Beachers ( no Lake in LA, but plenty of beaches)
New Orleans Jazz
Utah Big Love
Hotlanta (just Hotlanta)
Irk Nowitzki
Phoenix Cactus

Wilson
03-18-2010, 02:41 PM
i always thoughts lakers shoulda had a different name when they moved here but i could understand keeping a name with history.

The Lakers should change their name. After all they were named because of all the lakes in Minnesota.

Lakers.... last i checked there are no lakes in LA

Lakers (MN is land of 10,000, LA? not so many)

1. Lakers. There are no lakes in Los Angeles, and even if there were, I've never heard of anyone living near a lake being referred to as a "laker."

the Lakers were named after the 10000 lakes that minnesota has, after they left minnesota they didnt change the name for some reason...the name doesnt have to much in common with the city of los angeles.

Lakers, Jazz, Grizzlies, Hornets should all go back to where their team name made any sense at all (eg there are no lakes in LA, no grizzlies in Memphis, no Jazz in utah, etc.)

Just so you guys know, the Lakers were not named for "The Land of 10,000 Lakes". They were named after the many Lakers which roamed the many lakes of the area.

A Laker is an ocean going vessel which is small enough to navigate a lake. While some located in the Great Lakes are confined to one lake, many have access to the ocean through locks. Considering this, and the fact that Los Angeles is located next to the largest ocean on Earth, 'Lakers' is a perfectly fine name for a team in that region.

avrpatsfan
03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
The Thunder, The Clippers, the Bobcats, the Timberwolves, Trailerblazers, Warriors, just names that aren't very creative or bad.

OrderOfCook
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I think the reason that none of these will ever get changed is because of marketing and people like us. All that marketing goes into a team name (by which I mean tens of millions of dollars) and as far as I'm concerned Toronto has a silly name but I would hate if they changed from Raptors, they are my beloved Raps after all.

That said...

Raptors is a terrible idea. You want to know why they chose that name? Because the contest was held the year that Jurassic Park came out in theatres and then on VHS and simultaneously the nicest museum in Canada--located in Toronto--held one of the greatest dinosaur exhibits in the history of any museum ever. You get that together and a newspaper vote?

Voila. Raptors.

To be clear, there were only two real choices in the end which was Raptors or Towers, on account of the CN Tower which was the tallest building in the world at the time.

But as many have mentioned or at least guessed, Raptors have nothing to do with Toronto. Nothing.

Other teams with ****** names:

Utah Jazz (Utah and progressive free-form traditionally black music just don't go together).

Orlando Magic is lame. I don't know if Disney had a hand in naming them but Disney should not be able to name sports franchises (see other sports for examples).

And of course the Phoenix Suns' should really be the Phoenix Phoenix's or the Phoenix Javalenas.

P-Willie M.V.P.
03-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Whatever happened to the "Oklahoma Outlaws" idea? :confused:that sounds much better than "Oklahoma Thunder" IMO.:shrug:

RadiantShot
03-18-2010, 03:22 PM
My least favorite is Indiana. Pacers? Seriously? That's the best you could come up with? What the hell is a Pacer anyway?

JIMMY CONWAY
03-18-2010, 03:40 PM
To be "clipped" is to be killed. So in all actuality Los Angeles has the hardest name out...

McKinnon91
03-18-2010, 05:11 PM
The Lakers name is good.. but isn't the Lakers from when they came from Minnieapolis? So I find their name useless.

They should be the.. (Jokingly)
LA Mudslids
LA Fog
LA Fresh princes
LA Staples
LA Earthquakes
LA Smoke
LA Smog
LA Bullets (more suitable)
LA Bay Watch
LA Kobe's
LA Pass to Kobe
LA Pimps and Hoes

Serious..
LA Stars
LA Kodaks
LA Paradise
LA Angels
LA Galaxy

SACNYY
03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Should have been the OKC Supersonics.

asandhu23
03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
My least favorite is Indiana. Pacers? Seriously? That's the best you could come up with? What the hell is a Pacer anyway?

pacemaker

Philly Hammer
03-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Los Angeles Riots

McKinnon91
03-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Los Angeles Riots

Damn. Good One

magichatnumber9
03-18-2010, 05:48 PM
I love the Clippers. Don't know why. Dig the Grizzlies even though it don't fit. Warriors is tight. I wish they would have one uniform where its written exactly like the graffiti style (Warriors) movie 1979.

Philly Hammer
03-18-2010, 05:52 PM
the Toronto butterfly's!Toronto Panty Liners

chomaru
03-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Come on now. we have the best name in all sports :D

also 1/2 of one of the coolest matchups, Wizards and Warriors, thats 2nd only to the the Nuggets vs the Blazers!

wadecounty305
03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
the thunder has the worst name, it sound like a wnba team even though i like the team they have.

bigtony989
03-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Should have been the OKC Supersonics.

no should still be the SEATTLE supersonics