PDA

View Full Version : 20 random observations

JayW_1023
03-16-2010, 06:49 AM
Each one of y'all...give 20 random observations thoughout the 2009-10 season.

1. Stephen Curry has better PG skills than I originally thought. I'd always think he would struggle as an undersized/skinny SG. Turns out he is a PG after all.
2. Tyreke Evans is going to be really, really good. He is already a franchise player. Good enough to play three positions equally well. He plays like a stronger Penny Hardaway.
3. The way Carl Landry is developing reminds me of David West...both are late blooming undersized PF's.
4. Not only has the Camby trade helped Portland hold onto the eighth seed...the improvement on Nicholas Batums offense has raised my eyebrows.
5. There may not be a tougher low post player on offense than Luis Scola. 44-point game recently proved as much. Gotta love that figure-8 drop step.
6. Jarrett Jack manages to steal the starting PG job of in team he joins. First from TJ Fordy in Indy, now from Calderon in T-Dot. One of the toughest, most reliable roleplayers in the league.
7. Bynum and Gasol clearly don't play as effectively together as Odom and Gasol...but Bynum gives them a physical precense they need. He just needs to play smarter.
8. No player has matured more this season than Zach Randolph.
9. To see 6'10 Durant have such a quick shot release...it's unheard of.
10. George Hill has been a rare bright spot for the Spurs...one of the best defenders at the PG spot...but his wingspan allows him to defend bigger players effectively as well.
11. Billups is a proven winner, and his leadership and calm keeps the Nuggets from turning into the Warriors.
12. The Bobcats are the giant slayers of the league.
13. Andrew Bogut should've gotten the All-star nod over Al Horford.
14. the lakers miss quick footed Trevor Ariza on defensive rotations. Artest is a better straight up defender, but isn't as quick on rotations.
15. The Mavs are a legitimate threat to the title with four defensive wingmen to throw at Kobe, LeBron or Melo.
16. Andrei Kirilenko seems to has been rejuvenated after regaining his starting spot. Boozer and Deron are playing well...but Kirilenko is the key to the Jazz being a contender instead of pretender.
17. Rasheed Wallace is washed up.
18. Q-Rich return to form has kept Miami from fading out of the playoffs completely.
19. Anderson Varejao has the tireless work ethic of a modern day Dave Cowens.
20. Good to see Steve Nash still igniting his passion for the game into his younger teammates.

gerber
03-16-2010, 07:27 AM
2 much time.

Iodine
03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
You still are my god Jay

GSW Hoops
03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
I can honestly say I agree with about 18 of those statements. Good stuff.

alexander_37
03-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Aaron Brooks is God? Ya I thought so to.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-16-2010, 02:10 PM
1.Lakers are bored to death in the regular season.
2.Rasheed Wallace is done.
3.Celtics are done.
4.Kobe is the most clutch player ever.
5.Brandon Jennings is the ROY(Bucks are playing out of their minds cause of their trio).
6.Spurs are not contenders.
7.Shaq is making cavs worse.
8.Artest is still one of the top defenders on the league.
9.Nets suck
10.Mavericks are title contenders but still as not good as the nuggets.
11.NBA needs to do something about trading players and then signing them back or whatever to make trades equal.Cause lesser teams trade their "stars" to contenders where those "stars" are final pieces in the puzzle.So the cap between good teams and bad teams enlarges.For example, cavs got jamison for pile of dirt.
12.Kobe is still better than Lebron
13.Clippers suck like always.
14.Baron Davis and Chris Kaman are overrated.
15.Pringles man is one of the worst coaches in the league.
16.Mike James is still the GOAT.
17.J.R. Smith is a chucker
18.2009-2010 worst player award goes to the Chris Duhon even though the season is not over yet.
19.Thunder will have a chance to take the 2nd seed.:speechless:
20.NBA refs are terrible.

avon_barksdale
03-16-2010, 03:16 PM

1. Stephen Curry has better PG skills than I originally thought. I'd always think he would struggle as an undersized/skinny SG. Turns out he is a PG after all.
2. Tyreke Evans is going to be really, really good. He is already a franchise player. Good enough to play three positions equally well. He plays like a stronger Penny Hardaway.
3. The way Carl Landry is developing reminds me of David West...both are late blooming undersized PF's.
4. Not only has the Camby trade helped Portland hold onto the eighth seed...the improvement on Nicholas Batums offense has raised my eyebrows.
5. There may not be a tougher low post player on offense than Luis Scola. 44-point game recently proved as much. Gotta love that figure-8 drop step.
6. Jarrett Jack manages to steal the starting PG job of in team he joins. First from TJ Fordy in Indy, now from Calderon in T-Dot. One of the toughest, most reliable roleplayers in the league.
7. Bynum and Gasol clearly don't play as effectively together as Odom and Gasol...but Bynum gives them a physical precense they need. He just needs to play smarter.
10. George Hill has been a rare bright spot for the Spurs...one of the best defenders at the PG spot...but his wingspan allows him to defend bigger players effectively as well.
11. Billups is a proven winner, and his leadership and calm keeps the Nuggets from turning into the Warriors.
14. the lakers miss quick footed Trevor Ariza on defensive rotations. Artest is a better straight up defender, but isn't as quick on rotations.
15. The Mavs are a legitimate threat to the title with four defensive wingmen to throw at Kobe, LeBron or Melo.
16. Andrei Kirilenko seems to has been rejuvenated after regaining his starting spot. Boozer and Deron are playing well...but Kirilenko is the key to the Jazz being a contender instead of pretender.
18. Q-Rich return to form has kept Miami from fading out of the playoffs completely.
20. Good to see Steve Nash still igniting his passion for the game into his younger teammates.

7. gasol is a lil girl
9. durant is 6-10, while the SG d'in him up is 6-3
17. true, dude is 35
18. q will fade dont worry

mikantsass
03-16-2010, 03:20 PM
3.Celtics are done.
5.Brandon Jennings is the ROY(Bucks are playing out of their minds cause of their trio).
9.Nets suck
11.NBA needs to do something about trading players and then signing them back or whatever to make trades equal.Cause lesser teams trade their "stars" to contenders where those "stars" are final pieces in the puzzle.So the cap between good teams and bad teams enlarges.For example, cavs got jamison for pile of dirt.
18.2009-2010 worst player award goes to the Chris Duhon even though the season is not over yet.
19.Thunder will have a chance to take the 2nd seed.:speechlessM:

So because the Lakers are playing bad, they are "bored". Because the Celtics are playing bad they are "done". Curry and Evans both deserve ROY over Jennings. Other than those i agree with all your points

Tblaze
03-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Nice read!

Also love the love for Batum, he has been awesome!

Go dutch :D

JayW_1023
03-16-2010, 06:01 PM
I can honestly say I agree with about 18 of those statements. Good stuff.

Which makes me all the more curious which 2 statements you disagree on :eyebrow:

TmacBryant
03-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Shaq makes cavs better only when playing The magic because he wants to rape D howard.

ManRam
03-16-2010, 06:48 PM
3.Celtics are done.
9.Nets suck

1. We'll see about that.
3. The Celtics have ACTUALLY said they are bored. If you're gonna use that logic for the Lakers, it applies to the Celtics far more readily. They're older. They're gonna conserve their energy more.
4. Ever is a stretch. Best last second shooter perhaps. But clutch encompasses more that that.
5. No. He's a bit of the reason, but far from being the main reason. There are better rookies than him...with just a lot less around them.
6. I'm not going to give up on them, just like the Celtics. Another old team that I could see going on a run when they start bringing it for all 48 minutes.
7. Hahaha.
9. No ****.
11. I disagree on all levels, but I don't have the patience to explain to you that the NBA is a business.
12. I think only die-hard Kobe fans, and Laker fans are the only ones who think that about him this year. I think the torch has been passed.
13. Again. Did you really just learn this???
15. Who's that?
16. Mike James jokes are so 3 years ago. People who still laugh at them need to check themselves out.
18. I'll raise you a DeShawn Stevenson, Pavlovic, Daequon Cook or a Jason Collins.
20. People who whine about refs all the time are worse.

So I agree on 6...and even some of those are not really shocking observations.

The OP's post was very good on the other hand.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-16-2010, 07:01 PM
1. We'll see about that.
3. The Celtics have ACTUALLY said they are bored. If you're gonna use that logic for the Lakers, it applies to the Celtics far more readily. They're older. They're gonna conserve their energy more.
4. Ever is a stretch. Best last second shooter perhaps. But clutch encompasses more that that.
5. No. He's a bit of the reason, but far from being the main reason. There are better rookies than him...with just a lot less around them.
6. I'm not going to give up on them, just like the Celtics. Another old team that I could see going on a run when they start bringing it for all 48 minutes.
7. Hahaha.
9. No ****.
11. I disagree on all levels, but I don't have the patience to explain to you that the NBA is a business.
12. I think only die-hard Kobe fans, and Laker fans are the only ones who think that about him this year. I think the torch has been passed.
13. Again. Did you really just learn this???
15. Who's that?
16. Mike James jokes are so 3 years ago. People who still laugh at them need to check themselves out.
18. I'll raise you a DeShawn Stevenson, Pavlovic, Daequon Cook or a Jason Collins.
20. People who whine about refs all the time are worse.

So I agree on 6...and even some of those are not really shocking observations.

The OP's post was very good on the other hand.

celtics have a losing record since december 27th I believe

IversonIsKrazy
03-16-2010, 07:22 PM
I agree with every observation except the 15th abt the Mavs considered contenders. And after this thread, i will now keep my eye on Batum.

JayW_1023
03-16-2010, 08:19 PM

A guy called GregOden#1 started it all...ever since people started conforming with the Mike James-jokes. It stopped being funny a long time ago.

And I don't think GregOden#1 posts here anymore. Edit: Just found out he is still around. Epic fail on my part :facepalm:

Or was he banned?

RadiantShot
03-16-2010, 08:39 PM
How about 5 :

1. Laker's fans know everything. :facepalm:
2. Dallas' fans know everything. :facepalm:
3. Chicago Bulls fans believe Derrick Rose is Michael Jordan #2. :facepalm:
4. There are more homers than actual fans. :facepalm:
5. The best Cavs' fan is TheKing23, despite his name. ;)

Bashna
03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
How about 5 :

This is an AMAZING list. Except i don't 100% understand #5. Are you making fun of him? Calling him a homer? or saying despite his name, he's more objective than most fans?

RadiantShot
03-16-2010, 10:54 PM
This is an AMAZING list. Except i don't 100% understand #5. Are you making fun of him? Calling him a homer? or saying despite his name, he's more objective than most fans?

No I'm serious. He's the coolest Cavs fan :D

ManRam
03-16-2010, 11:31 PM
A guy called GregOden#1 started it all...ever since people started conforming with the Mike James-jokes. It stopped being funny a long time ago.

And I don't think GregOden#1 posts here anymore. Edit: Just found out he is still around. Epic fail on my part :facepalm:

Or was he banned?

He got banned a while ago. Not my favorite poster, probably why it's not my favorite joke.

Spurred1
03-17-2010, 01:50 AM
How about 5 :

Hey, I like this one....

Meth
03-17-2010, 01:56 AM
1) Officiating is a joke
2) Dallas fans always have something to argue with and causes interweb drama (amazing)
3) Lakers were overrated to start with
4) Injuries are a bummer
5)
Chicago Bulls fans believe Derrick Rose is Michael Jordan #2

NPH
03-17-2010, 02:12 AM
3.Celtics are done.
9.Nets suck

This is pretty much why us Laker fans are hated on here... They know we like Kobe, but we dont have to remind them we do in every one of our posts. It's kind of annoying even being a Laker fan. :(

ink
03-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Which makes me all the more curious which 2 statements you disagree on :eyebrow:

Jack just lost his starting job back to Calderon.

_KB24_
03-17-2010, 03:04 AM
1. The Lakers are not focused.
2. Kobe is possibly the most clutch player in NBA history (6 game winners is a NBA record).
3. PGs will be dominating this league for years
4. Big Men in the league are starting to dwindle away.
5. Mavs fans get way too excited :cool:

ElMarroAfamado
03-17-2010, 03:27 AM
1. kobe is going to go down as one of the best ever but peoples blind hate for him is going to keep them from appreciating greatness.
2. Kevin durant has all the tools to be BETTER than lebron james and if lebron james doesnt improve his jump shooting by next year it will be solidified.
3. Same Ole Same Ole Clippers.
4. Brandon Jennings is going to be one of the most exciting future pgs but after his lovefest when he scored 50 people blatantly hate the guy like if he killed someone or something.
5. The Spurs are done. i have been saying this for a couple season and every year they prove me right.
6. How do people possibly hate on D Howard? possibly the least hatable guy in the league?
7. Rondo cant make a shot if his life counted on it...but i finally admit he is an exciting player.
8. Tyreke Evans will be better than OJ Mayo.
9. People are so certain the cavs will win it all this year....when its going to surprise me if they even make it to the finals.
10. No one is paying attention to the Magic. Why?

Kings Faithful
03-17-2010, 04:31 AM
1. kobe is going to go down as one of the best ever but peoples blind hate for him is going to keep them from appreciating greatness.
2. Kevin durant has all the tools to be BETTER than lebron james and if lebron james doesnt improve his jump shooting by next year it will be solidified.
3. Same Ole Same Ole Clippers.
4. Brandon Jennings is going to be one of the most exciting future pgs but after his lovefest when he scored 50 people blatantly hate the guy like if he killed someone or something.
5. The Spurs are done. i have been saying this for a couple season and every year they prove me right.
6. How do people possibly hate on D Howard? possibly the least hatable guy in the league?
7. Rondo cant make a shot if his life counted on it...but i finally admit he is an exciting player.
8. Tyreke Evans will be better than OJ Mayo.
9. People are so certain the cavs will win it all this year....when its going to surprise me if they even make it to the finals.
10. No one is paying attention to the Magic. Why?

Lol... he's currently better than OJ Mayo and is 3 years younger. I really wish people could watch Tyreke play more. We really are witnessing the beginnings of a new "D-wade, Lebron, Kobe, Durant ect..." caliber star here in Sac.

Last 4 games...

vs. Tor - 19 pts 10 reb 10 ast
vs. Por - 10 pts 10 reb 4 ast
vs. Min - 29 pts 9 reb 11 ast (taken out with 6 mins left in 4th)
vs. LaL - 22 pts 11 reb 9 ast

He's also one of the best defenders at his position and has a good ast/to rate. If his damned team mates could make wide open shots on "drive and kick's" he would be averaging 7 or 8 apg easily.

Bausman
03-17-2010, 04:49 AM

Josh Smith.

Baldyy
03-17-2010, 05:25 AM
3.Celtics are done.
9.Nets suck

Idk that one guy Michael Jordan was pretty clutch

tredigs
03-17-2010, 05:31 AM
Lol... he's currently better than OJ Mayo and is 3 years younger. I really wish people could watch Tyreke play more. We really are witnessing the beginnings of a new "D-wade, Lebron, Kobe, Durant ect..." caliber star here in Sac.

Last 4 games...

vs. Tor - 19 pts 10 reb 10 ast
vs. Por - 10 pts 10 reb 4 ast
vs. Min - 29 pts 9 reb 11 ast (taken out with 6 mins left in 4th)
vs. LaL - 22 pts 11 reb 9 ast

He's also one of the best defenders at his position and has a good ast/to rate. If his damned team mates could make wide open shots on "drive and kick's" he would be averaging 7 or 8 apg easily.

Agreed, I've been watching him a lot more lately, and the kid is pure electricity. Reminds me a lot of a young Dwyane Wade. His ceiling is absolutely that high, so I hope he can stay motivated and keep at it (I read this has been a problem for him in the past). If he can get that jump shot and 3pt range going, then he's going to be as good as he wants to be.

Between him and Curry, the Bay has got a couple of superstar PG's in the making.

DitchDat
03-17-2010, 05:47 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while, but is Chauncey Billups having his best season 12 years into his career? His numbers can't be denied.