PDA

View Full Version : 30 years of BS

majestic
03-16-2010, 04:05 AM
I cant believe the majority of u guys still believe the NBA isnt scripted.

since 1980 there has only been 8 champions

LAKERS (9)
CELTICS (4)
SPURS (4)
PISTONS (3)
ROCKETS (2)
BULLS (6)
heat (1)
76ERS (1)

its not like there isn't a salary cap or anything.. this shouldn't be like this and its clear to me that its fixed for certain city and players. thats not even my only reason to believe its fixed. listen to any tim donaghey interview and u will hear the truth.

abe_froman
03-16-2010, 04:08 AM
yes because it hs nothing to do with who was playing for those franchises in that time span

mikedesi1004
03-16-2010, 04:19 AM
where is the heat??

Mrphilly
03-16-2010, 04:35 AM
So the Mavs beat the Heat that year. All these years, they have been saying Miami won that year. Must have been a typo in the script.

ko8e24
03-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Teams that failed to win a championship in the last 30 yrs that made it to the NBA Finals on more than one occasion.

Portland Trailblazers: Lost to the Pistons in '90 and Lost to the Bulls in '92

New York Knicks: Lost to the Rockets in '94 and Lost to the Spurs in '99

Utah Jazz: Lost to the Bulls in '97 and Lost to the Bulls in '98

New Jersey Nets: Lost to the Lakers in '02 and Lost to the Spurs in '03

Orlando Magic: Lost to the Rockets in '95 and Lost to the Lakers in '09

Teams that failed to win a championship in their lone NBA Finals appearance in the last 30 yrs

Phoenix Suns-Lost to the Bulls in '93

Seattle Supersonics-Lost to the Bulls in '96

Indiana Pacers-Lost to the Lakers in '00

Dallas Mavericks-Lost to the Heat in '06

Cleveland Cavaliers-Lost to the Spurs in '07

So the franchises that made it to 2 finals appearances could not capitalize and failed to win either 1 finals or the other. And the teams that lost in their lone finals appearance are basically teams that were perennial Eastern Conference or Western Conference contenders around their respective times.

xBLAMEITON24x
03-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Mavs beat the heat???

Evolution23
03-16-2010, 05:47 AM

LAKERS (9)
CELTICS (4)
SPURS (4)
PISTONS (3)
ROCKETS (2)
BULLS (6)
MAVERICKS (1)
76ERS (1)

its not like there isn't a salary cap or anything.. this shouldn't be like this and its clear to me that its fixed for certain city and players. thats not even my only reason to believe its fixed. listen to any tim donaghey interview and u will hear the truth.

Ok Genius then why haven't the Knicks won in over 40 years? The biggest market in the world!

magichatnumber9
03-16-2010, 06:55 AM
If your gonna take on the NBA you have to do more research then that.

Iodine
03-16-2010, 07:17 AM
You know your a failure when even the worst posters in the NBA pwn the **** out of your idea

gerber
03-16-2010, 07:26 AM

LAKERS (9)
CELTICS (4)
SPURS (4)
PISTONS (3)
ROCKETS (2)
BULLS (6)
MAVERICKS (1)
76ERS (1)

:facepalm:

ragee
03-16-2010, 07:29 AM
So the Mavs beat the Heat that year. All these years, they have been saying Miami won that year. Must have been a typo in the script.

Hahaha... If I am not a Mavs fan, I would have jumped this guy already!

JasonJohnHorn
03-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I can understand where you are coming from. Trust me, when Jordan and the Bulls made up 80% of NBA sales revenue in the early 90's, I'm sure the league had more than a vested interest in seeing that team do well. I have been watching the league for years now and I have to say, I've seen a lot of calls go Chi-town's way, and I've seen a lot of calls go L.A.'s way in the Shaq/Bryant years. I know Lakers fans and Jordan fans are going blow up at this, but honestly, we all have watched the games and have seen what these teams have gotten away with.

but is the league "scripted"? Is Stern in bed with Vince McMahon? Possibly. But do you really think it is in the league's best interest to see the Spurs win four times? Sure, the Spurs have gotten call for them, but I've seen them get hammered by the officials on a lot of nights. and the Pistons? I'm not sure I see how Detroit winning (either in '04 or in '89 and '90) helps the league. And Detroit beat the league top sellers in Jordan's Bulls three years in a row (though they were 7 game series), and the Pistons beat the Celtic dynasty and the Lakers (after losing to both teams at least once).

Last year and year before though, the Lakers earned every win they got in the post season. And everybody and their dog seemed to think the Cavs/Lakers finals would have been a ratings juggernaught and the Magic ended up taking the Cavs in the conference finals, and could have easily lost four games if things were really "scripted". The Magic earned their spot. And the Celtics in '08 earned every win. I'm not sure the Heat would have been able to top the Pistons without a few calls going their way, but I have found since 03 (outside of the Heat title run), that officiating has been pretty even (yes, there are bad calls, but they seem to drop even between whatever two teams happen to be playing). This is light years ahead of where the officiating was from 91-98. the Knicks got hammered by officials during the Bulls series, evne the Nets in 98 out played the Bulls in the first round, with every game coming down to the last play and two over time games if i remember right. And the Pacers got hammered in the conference finals against the Bulls in 98, and in the finals against the Lakers in 2000.

Hopefully the officiating continues to be as consistent as it has been the last few seasons.

Stay_Swim
03-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Um, stupid. To whoever started this thread. Are you really using Tim Donahue as your resource, really?!

Ever maybe think that, maybe those team who haven't won a champion ship, that just maybe they haven't made the neccessary moves to get there, just maybe?!

Look, im a Bucks fan. Tay've never won a championship, but do I think their getting screwed because maybe the NBA is scripted, NO, my team just has never created a team good enough to be able to compete for a Champion hip, plain and simple.

And if you think the NBA is scripted, what would you say about the NFL and the MLB?

hoopsguy820
03-16-2010, 09:01 AM
NO WAY!! Those were dynasties based around specific guys who were there the whole time. Larry Bird and Magic Johnson of the 80's...they did go anywhere! Jordan and the Bulls of the 90's...only time they didn't win was when he wasn't there. Duncan and Robinson...plus duncan later as well! Shaq and Kobe. It isn't like they were different teams every year, it's jus the players who make the team stay for the whole time!

RadiantShot
03-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Because that's possible.

:)

Brew Crew
03-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Look, im a Bucks fan. Tay've never won a championship, but do I think their getting screwed because maybe the NBA is scripted, NO, my team just has never created a team good enough to be able to compete for a Champion hip, plain and simple.
?

:clap:

Lets take a trip back to 1971 then.

Heat-On-Fire!!!
03-16-2010, 10:22 AM

LAKERS (9)
CELTICS (4)
SPURS (4)
PISTONS (3)
ROCKETS (2)
BULLS (6)
MAVERICKS (1)
76ERS (1)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Heat-On-Fire!!!
03-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't care what the refs do, THERE IS NO WAY BASKETBALL COULD BE A FIXED SPORT!!! :mad:

UK Ivy
03-16-2010, 10:33 AM
exactly because the Bulls didnt win, because MJ was the greatest, and the sonics traded Scottie to the Bulls because the league knew Scottie s going to be a beast.

sep11ie
03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
This thread will be full of facepalms.

ackar
03-16-2010, 10:49 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JaysFan87
03-16-2010, 11:03 AM

LAKERS (9)
CELTICS (4)
SPURS (4)
PISTONS (3)
ROCKETS (2)
BULLS (6)
MAVERICKS (1)
76ERS (1)

:rolleyes: right......a fix is in with NO New York team winning the championship....yea makes total sense.....

sep11ie
03-16-2010, 11:22 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I knew it!

Raidaz4Life
03-16-2010, 11:27 AM

LAKERS (9)
CELTICS (4)
SPURS (4)
PISTONS (3)
ROCKETS (2)
BULLS (6)
MAVERICKS (1)
76ERS (1)

okay a couple of questions.... first if it was really scripted then why would they let teams like San Antonio and Detroit win that many championships and not hand at least one to the Knicks? Second.... maybe I'm ******** but when did the Mavs win a championship?

Chronz
03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
What a compelling argument, Im sold

bagwell368
03-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Geez I was hoping for something good here. OK, let me explode this:

The teams of the 80's were built before there was a hard cap. 3 Celts titles, 76'ers, 2 Pistons, and the Lakers. Strike one.

The Spurs had one of the 5-6 best players of that era that got hurt and ended up in the lottery and got to draft one of the 10 best players of all time. After the Admiral faded, they had added several key players (Ginobli & Parker). SA is no media center, so what's the motive? Strike two.

The Bulls had the best player at his position compared to all other #1's in NBA history, and add a top 35 all time player in the draft, and then sign up a troubled player that happens to be the best rebounder of all time by some measures. Why wouldn't they win? After the cap, a top 3 and a top 12 is pretty much enough to do the job. Strike three.

Rockets win because they have one of the 10-15 best players of all time with a weak side cast, that happens to have a two year Jordan free zone. Wow, what a fix. Strike four.

Now go compare that to other major sports such as hockey, football and baseball:

MLB (no real cap):

Yanks - 5
Red Sox - 2
Philly -2
Marlins - 2
Blue Jays - 2
Twins - 2
Cards - 2

NHL:

Oilers - 5
Islanders - 4
Wings - 4
Penguins - 3
Devils - 3
Canadiens - 2
Avalance - 2

NFL (hard cap starts in the Cowboys reign - but the team was built):

49'ers: 5
Patriots: 3
Giants: 3
Cowboys: 3
Redskins: 3
Raiders: 2
Steelers: 2
Broncos: 2

What does this all prove? That players and collections of players and coaches are not 100% even despite rules that enhance the idea of an even playing field - but cannot enforce it. The brains of the GM, and luck have a huge affect. Under no system with so many many "clumping" variables are you are not going to get a pure even distribution of titles. It's just not possible.

king4day
03-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Phoenix' "organized chaos" winning a championship would have been great for the NBA.
Not winning a title there already proves it's not rigged. Doubt Stern told Horry to hip check Nash and later pull Amar'e aside asking him to step on the court so he'd get suspended.

king4day
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
...What does this all prove? That players and collections of players and coaches are not 100% even despite rules that enhance the idea of an even playing field - but cannot enforce it. The brains of the GM, and luck have a huge affect. Under no system with so many many "clumping" variables are you are not going to get a pure even distribution of titles. It's just not possible.

Great post

Iodine
03-16-2010, 12:40 PM
What a compelling argument, Im sold

But HCA was a big part of this aswell

JordansBulls
03-16-2010, 12:44 PM

LAKERS (9)
CELTICS (4)
SPURS (4)
PISTONS (3)
ROCKETS (2)
BULLS (6)
MAVERICKS (1)
76ERS (1)

No offense, but nearly every one of the champions had a top 3 player in the league on them. In the 90's only the best player in the league won titles.
In the 80's a top 3 player in the league won titles. In 2000's with the exception of 2004 and 2008 a top 3 player in the league won titles.

Iodine
03-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Jb with with fiyah
http://shineanthology.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/fire.jpg

m26555
03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah, because San Antonio (widely considered to be the most boring team in the league) and Houston have such huge markets that the NBA did all it could to cater to those teams.

DoubleDragon
03-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Teams that failed to win a championship in the last 30 yrs that made it to the NBA Finals on more than one occasion.

Teams that failed to win a championship in their lone NBA Finals appearance in the last 30 yrs

So the franchises that made it to 2 finals appearances could not capitalize and failed to win either 1 finals or the other. And the teams that lost in their lone finals appearance are basically teams that were perennial Eastern Conference or Western Conference contenders around their respective times.

See?! Now you took the time to write a well written, fact filled, intelligent and poignant post in response to this thread. Thank you!
(you da man ko8e24 :clap:)

My response (to this thread) can now be much simpler and caveman like.
To the person who started this thread.
You're a moron:crazy:
:rolleyes:

29$JerZ
03-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I can see you don't like Stern. Why not just say Fire stern?

Iodine
03-16-2010, 01:06 PM
^^Because then his retardation would be obvious duh

GSW Hoops
03-16-2010, 01:17 PM

LAKERS (9)
CELTICS (4)
SPURS (4)
PISTONS (3)
ROCKETS (2)
BULLS (6)
MAVERICKS (1)
76ERS (1)

You forgot Miami.

And there's something to be said about big markets having more success than smaller markets. Big-name players are more willing to go to Los Angeles or Boston than Milwaukee or Oklahoma City. And guys like Ron Artest and Lamar Odom will take less money to stay in a big market.

If the NBA were REALLY scripted, the Knicks would be in the hunt each and every year. They're the biggest market and probably the biggest TV draw.

With that said, I think the NBA does encourage big market teams to make the Finals (look at Sacramento vs. L.A.). I don't think they "script" it, but they do push the tide in a certain direction.

CityofTreez
03-16-2010, 01:29 PM
I thought this guy was referring to his own life.

would've made a better thread to view

DodgerBulls
03-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes it is scripted. Everything from the blowout to buzzer beaters. Players practiced every shot and they can make all the shots they want especially on the decisive basket on the buzzer. :p

amoore87
03-16-2010, 02:20 PM
why are some of the most poor countries 30 years ago still poor?

what you talkin about willis?!

Chronz
03-16-2010, 04:10 PM
No offense, but nearly every one of the champions had a top 3 player in the league on them. In the 90's only the best player in the league won titles.
In the 80's a top 3 player in the league won titles. In 2000's with the exception of 2004 and 2008 a top 3 player in the league won titles.

Did they win the title because they were the best players or were they the best players because they won the title?

ink
03-16-2010, 04:19 PM

Great post. That means that 18/30 teams have been to the finals. Doesn't sound scripted to me. It's just that only a few teams are lucky enough to select the absolute best talent in the draft. How many Jordans, Magics, Kobes, or Duncans are there going to be? Right there, that's 3 teams that really dominated. No surprise that they did either.

RaptorizedKevin
03-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Mavericks will win a championship.

Bucks24226
03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Um, stupid. To whoever started this thread. Are you really using Tim Donahue as your resource, really?!

Ever maybe think that, maybe those team who haven't won a champion ship, that just maybe they haven't made the neccessary moves to get there, just maybe?!

And if you think the NBA is scripted, what would you say about the NFL and the MLB?

Really? the Bucks nevr won a championship? Are you 10 yrs old?

JDMVP
03-16-2010, 04:44 PM
ok genius then why haven't the knicks won in over 40 years? The biggest market in the world!

exactly

ballpd05
03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Its not that it is scripted totally. I do agree that sometimes things seem to go in favor of the better or more popular team. That is why the teams with superstars almost always win titles, except that pistons team.

The bird rules also help because it allows teams to re-sign their best players even if they go over the cap. Most teams that can afford the luxury tax are big market teams so thats why you see teams who have stacked rosters like the mavs and lakers who sellout every night and can pull in mass tv ratings due to their large metro area and media outlets. They are also the owners who can afford to dish out big deals and still afford to put talent around the stars.

Odds are stacked against the small markets, and the clippers.

majestic
03-16-2010, 05:07 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT TV RATINGS

sterns plan was to find the next jordan, then that failed so he brought back lakers/celtics. its pretty simple and not that hard to believe.

i mistaken put the mavericks up my bad, they deserve the ship though with the whole stern lets make dwayne wade the next jordan and give him every call while he flops non stop.

hell yea im using tim donaghey as a source, he has inside info. playoff series are fixed through the refs. stern pays the refs and he gets what he wants. theres a reason why these markets always get the superstars.

abe_froman
03-16-2010, 05:21 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT TV RATINGS

sterns plan was to find the next jordan, then that failed so he brought back lakers/celtics. its pretty simple and not that hard to believe.

i mistaken put the mavericks up my bad, they deserve the ship though with the whole stern lets make dwayne wade the next jordan and give him every call while he flops non stop.

hell yea im using tim donaghey as a source, he has inside info. playoff series are fixed through the refs. stern pays the refs and he gets what he wants. theres a reason why these markets always get the superstars.

that'd be awesome if that was his plan and it worked,but spurs/det being powerhouses over the last decade didnt really do anything to boost ratings(yes look up ratings please)

so now stern is creating players(since he gets to find and bring about the next mj),he's some type of genetic engineer now??

ooh and he's the gm or lakers and celtics according to you as well, because to restart the rivalry he has to tell the gm's what moves to make...and tell the other teams(if gotten by trade)that they must do it

and your right those small markets didnt get duncan,robinson,reggie,lebron,karl malone,ect.,ect...oh wait,or to you count slc and cle has such huge media capitals of the world?...sticking kg in minny,i mean where all eyes of thew world would be on him right ;)

theimortalone
03-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Lebron, probalby the best player in the game, has been on Cleveland for the past 7 years. He has not won one Finals game. /thread.

Thank you! agreed!

HouRealCoach
03-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Dude... Your acting like we didnt experience the greatest teams ever during this 30 years, They were kinda talented ya know?

Bruno
03-16-2010, 09:01 PM
There are a few pretty simple explanations for this.

1. Dr. Buss
2. Jordan
3. Boston not getting the 1st pick in '97.

Just be glad San Antonio landed Duncan or the past 30 years would have truly been dominated by three teams. Bulls, Lakers, Celtics.

J-Relo
03-17-2010, 08:39 AM
yes it is scripted, Knicks are made to suck

IndyRealist
03-17-2010, 09:32 AM
This is one of the worst threads ever. It's not scripted, it's simply biased towards teams that can afford to exceed the salary cap/luxury tax. What's LA's payroll? $91 million. Orlando? $82 million. Dallas, $89 million. Cleveland, $83 million. Boston, $85 million. San Antonio, $79 million. Denver, $74 million. Utah, $74 million. Those are your contenders right there. The favorites are all $82 million plus. This is not hard to figure out.

And if Atlanta wants to contend next year, they're going to have to max out Joe Johnson, putting them in the $70M's. If they don't, they won't have the cap space to bring in a similarly talented player and still field a 12 man team because the cap restricts free agents (but not Bird-rights players).

So explain to me why the Clippers ($61 million) should be able to compete with the Lakers, who can pay 50% more for players.

Trouble87
03-17-2010, 11:55 AM
poorly researched this thread is a big fail

m26555
03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT TV RATINGS

If it were about TV ratings, then why the hell would the Spurs have won four championships?

Big Zo
03-17-2010, 01:31 PM
If it were about TV ratings, then why the hell would the Spurs have won four championships?

Yeah, and why were the boring Pistons allowed to beat the mighty Lakers and be in the Finals against the boring Spurs?

Tony_Starks
03-17-2010, 01:31 PM
If you believe the NBA is scripted you probably also believe in aliens and that Tupac is still alive....

Saltinuts40
03-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Ok Genius then why haven't the Knicks won in over 40 years? The biggest market in the world!

You lost me at Donahey. Not to mention that San Antonio, with 4 titles and the most boring superstar of all-time in Tim Duncan shouldn't have any titles by your theory.

Kobe2324
03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Bunch of crazy talk someone said it earlier, if it was scripted Lakers and Knicks would have met in the finals at some point for sure and the knicks would have a few rings. Instead they have been one of the worse teams in the last decade.

ko8e24
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Bunch of crazy talk someone said it earlier, if it was scripted Lakers and Knicks would have met in the finals at some point for sure and the knicks would have a few rings. Instead they have been one of the worse teams in the last decade.

Ya, Knicks and Lakers haven't met in the finals since 1973, when the Knicks won their last title.

ko8e24
03-17-2010, 02:13 PM
If you believe the NBA is scripted you probably also believe in aliens and that Tupac is still alive....

He's still alive!! :mad::mad::mad:

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

:faint:

jayball41
03-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Wow this thread is so incredibly absurd. you're a moron if you believe the NBA is SCRIPTED!

Giraffes Rule
03-17-2010, 02:21 PM
If the NBA were scripted why the hell would the Spurs win any championships? David Stern hates the Spurs, and generally people hated watching the Spurs play.

Purple&Gold24
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM
The dude that made this thread was either bored *** hell or trying to get some attention cause he wasnt getting it any where else. Poor thing. And even if his statement was true about refs controlling the playoffs, I highly doubt refs can control an entire game and determine its outcome, i dont think basketball can be scripted the dude acts like stern has some magical rims that determine the outcome of every players shot..if it goes it in or not. hahahahha.

Cavs_Fan24
03-17-2010, 02:58 PM
if the NBA is scripted then why weren't the cavs in the finals last year? Those puppet commercials were a waste.

majestic
03-17-2010, 03:36 PM
stern cannot control everything, sometimes the better team just happens to win the championship and that was the spurs all those years.. i mean didnt u witness lebron get every call possible the year they made it?? i mean lebron still gets every all possible.. but the plan was for the cavs to win it against the spurs but they couldnt over come the fix. the knicks are to ****ed up the refs cant even help that situation... last year the cavs didnt make it because stern clearly wanted the lakers to win it easily.

and guys the lebron final was the worst tv rated final ever. so thats why stern brought back lakers/celtics.. if u didnt know mchale is the gm of the t-wolves.. he was the one who sent kg to the celtics.. and jerru west was the owner or gm of the grizzlies and he was the one who gave the lakers pau gasol for nothing

mchale has ties with boston
west has ties with lakers.

pretty easy to predict something was setup

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-17-2010, 03:48 PM

Aliens are real, aren't they???:confused:

ldc62
03-17-2010, 03:57 PM

Maybe its because the championship teams keep their core and continue to have success (Spurs is a prime example) Also if the NBA was scripted, the Knicks would have at least 2 Championships....

Surprised the Mods haven't deleted this yet.

ko8e24
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
if the NBA is scripted then why weren't the cavs in the finals last year? Those puppet commercials were a waste.

Naw, just the LeBron puppet. The Kobe and Lil Dez puppets kicked arse.

;)

Big Zo
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
stern cannot control everything, sometimes the better team just happens to win the championship and that was the spurs all those years.. i mean didnt u witness lebron get every call possible the year they made it?? i mean lebron still gets every all possible.. but the plan was for the cavs to win it against the spurs but they couldnt over come the fix. the knicks are to ****ed up the refs cant even help that situation... last year the cavs didnt make it because stern clearly wanted the lakers to win it easily.

and guys the lebron final was the worst tv rated final ever. so thats why stern brought back lakers/celtics.. if u didnt know mchale is the gm of the t-wolves.. he was the one who sent kg to the celtics.. and jerru west was the owner or gm of the grizzlies and he was the one who gave the lakers pau gasol for nothing

Tu eres un commemierda, chico. :facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-17-2010, 04:45 PM

I want my 20 seconds back!:mad: