PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger: If I was LeBron, Id go to New York

JordansBulls
03-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Link (http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/woelfel/2010/03/15/danny-granger-if-i-was-lebron-id-go-to-new-york/)

Speaking of LeBron, do you think hell stay in Cleveland or bolt to New York?

DG: If I was LeBron, Id go to New York.

Why the Big Apple?

DG: New York is the media mecca as far as endorsements and being able to expand your personnel net worth. The exposure you can get there isnt only nationally but globally. New York does all that for you.

Kakaroach
03-15-2010, 08:23 PM
You think LeBron cares about what Danny Granger thinks lol? Guess Pacers fans should be worried about their All-Star leaving them when his contract is up.

29$JerZ
03-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Danny is a wise man :)

HoopsDrive
03-15-2010, 08:24 PM
What about the championship factor Danny? Well, nevermind that, NY and LBJ can lure other FA to the team so that's practically a given.

superkegger
03-15-2010, 08:25 PM
If Danny Granger was LeBron, the Pacers would be a playoff team.

ChiSox219
03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
How do Pacers fans feel about this? Don't they hate NY more than any other team?

IRUAM #21
03-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Danny, stfu

bigsams50
03-15-2010, 08:30 PM
You think LeBron cares about what Danny Granger thinks lol? Guess Pacers fans should be worried about their All-Star leaving them when his contract is up.

This

GodsSon
03-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't understand how the Pacers are as bad as they are when they have a solid group of players...Granger, Murphy, Hibbert, Dunleavy, Jones, Ford, Watson, AJ Price, Brandon Rush...they should be better than 14th in the East, unless of course, Granger isn't as good as people thought just last year lol

GoatMilk
03-15-2010, 08:48 PM
LeBron James: "If I'm Granger, I'd shut up"

jeter 2
03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Finally, an nba player admits the truth. Cleveland may be a great city but it does not compare to New York. New York offers Lebron James more than Cleveland ever will, especially now we have the cap space to sign 2 superstars.

dtmagnet
03-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Keep your opinion to yourself Granger, no one really cares what you think.

Raps4TheWin
03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
danny, stfu

+1

corywoe
03-15-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't understand how the Pacers are as bad as they are when they have a solid group of players...Granger, Murphy, Hibbert, Dunleavy, Jones, Ford, Watson, AJ Price, Brandon Rush...they should be better than 14th in the East, unless of course, Granger isn't as good as people thought just last year lol

pacers fan here and agreed he's poop man that core and you can't bring the chemistry to the table to have a top team in the east he's a turd man...

FlakeyFool
03-15-2010, 09:01 PM
well I guess I know where granger is going when his contract is up

Corey
03-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Everyone posting is being very mature with their responses.

A reporter asked him a question -- he answered -- and suddenly Granger's a bad guy?

Wow.

prodigy
03-15-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree with granger. Lebron has yet to market himself overseas. What? he has his on stores in China? o, well I look like a dummy.

I love when people speak out and tell Lebron where to go.

Nobody in the world other then Knicks fans should want Lebron in NY. If you do then your a sell-out.

DetroitLions
03-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Its dannys opinion does it matter no will it effect lebrons choice no its not a big deal imo

Bausman
03-15-2010, 09:12 PM
If I was LeBron I would go to Toronto. I would also come out with some better looking shoes. If I was LeBron would he be sitting here wishing he was me?

Lost Art
03-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Wow, Danny Granger is a *******!! "Net worth" are never words that you want to hear out of your team leader.

Corey
03-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow, Danny Granger is a *******!! "Net worth" are never words that you want to hear out of your team leader.

I hope that's facetious.

Kyben36
03-15-2010, 09:22 PM
You Danny Granger, in Indiana, Im sorry, but you would go anywhere other than there right now, I mean, who is there 2nd best player, TJ Ford, Tyler hansbrough, Ill admit, that Hibbert can have some good games, but the rest of that team just isnt that good.

If Granger was on a winning team like the Cavs, his perception would be much diferent.

Corey
03-15-2010, 09:27 PM
You Danny Granger, in Indiana, Im sorry, but you would go anywhere other than there right now, I mean, who is there 2nd best player, TJ Ford, Tyler hansbrough, Ill admit, that Hibbert can have some good games, but the rest of that team just isnt that good.

If Granger was on a winning team like the Cavs, his perception would be much diferent.

What does this have to do with anything? Why are you bringing the Pacers into it?

GspLAL
03-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Everyone posting is being very mature with their responses.

A reporter asked him a question -- he answered -- and suddenly Granger's a bad guy?

Wow.

x2

BullsFan_1
03-15-2010, 09:31 PM

:laugh2:

xbrackattackx
03-15-2010, 09:34 PM

This was Gold.:)

29$JerZ
03-15-2010, 09:34 PM
People take a simple quote from a player and misconstrue it to reasons why NY is a sin of a place and how Granger is bad?

Wow

PC
03-15-2010, 09:37 PM

LOL it was an interview. He was asked a question and he answered. I'm really not sure why everyone's bashing him?

Kyben36
03-15-2010, 09:38 PM
What does this have to do with anything? Why are you bringing the Pacers into it?

the 2 of them are in 2 diferent situations, Granger has no right to say anything

IF he was on his home town team, with the best record in the league ( or close to it ) then I would consider what he says.

Lost Art
03-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Better answer: "Lebron should go where he feels gives him the best chance to win a championship, because that's what this game is all about. If that happens to be NY, then so be it".

Corey
03-15-2010, 09:46 PM
the 2 of them are in 2 diferent situations, Granger has no right to say anything

IF he was on his home town team, with the best record in the league ( or close to it ) then I would consider what he says.

Terrible choice of words -- of course he has the right to say whatever he wants.

Again, a reporter asked him a question -> he gave the reporter a response -> he gets bashed.

Makes a lot of posters here look awfully silly. And what exactly did he say that isn't true? He said Lebron would be worth more money in New York because the market is larger and he can get more endorsements.

Completely true.

albertc86
03-15-2010, 09:48 PM
In all honesty, if New York acquires LeBron, that would completely take the allure out of the city. A certain someone said that New York has never really had an elite or "superstar" player and he had a point. Historically, the Knicks have been a team oriented city and never really had that guy. Jordan pretty much set the standard in New York that the superstars of today are replicating. In my opinion, and some of you might agree, superstars would rather put on a legendary performance against the Knicks than do it for them 82 games out of the year. I mean, if LeBron goes to the Knicks, we're not going to see superstars trying to drop 50 on them. The Lakers are the only other team that superstars, or even mediocre players, try to put on a performance against, but unlike the Knicks, the Lakers are actually good. I think the Knicks deserve a great team but it takes the appeal away, in my opinion.

SDBearsFan
03-15-2010, 09:50 PM

:laugh:

bkmikeyy
03-15-2010, 09:53 PM
In all honesty, if New York acquires LeBron, that would completely take the allure out of the city. A certain someone said that New York has never really had an elite or "superstar" player and he had a point. Historically, the Knicks have been a team oriented city and never really had that guy. Jordan pretty much set the standard in New York that the superstars of today are replicating. In my opinion, and some of you might agree, superstars would rather put on a legendary performance against the Knicks than do it for them 82 games out of the year. I mean, if LeBron goes to the Knicks, we're not going to see superstars trying to drop 50 on them. The Lakers are the only other team that superstars, or even mediocre players, try to put on a performance against, but unlike the Knicks, the Lakers are actually good. I think the Knicks deserve a great team but it takes the appeal away, in my opinion.

so you are saying that the appeal of the city is that stars come ion and abuse the knicks? the appeal is that it is the greatest city in the world and when the knicks are successful they will be the most popular NBA team in the world (they are 2nd in value now and haven't wont more than 40 games since forever). Whichever star takes them to the top will be on of the most popular players the NBA has had and with the huge loyal fanbase that they have plus all the bandwagon fans leaving teams like cleveland they will easily represent the NBA. Wait till the knicks get good you will see the appeal of the city.

albertc86
03-15-2010, 09:59 PM
so you are saying that the appeal of the city is that stars come ion and abuse the knicks? the appeal is that it is the greatest city in the world and when the knicks are successful they will be the most popular NBA team in the world (they are 2nd in value now and haven't wont more than 40 games since forever). Whichever star takes them to the top will be on of the most popular players the NBA has had and with the huge loyal fanbase that they have plus all the bandwagon fans leaving teams like cleveland they will easily represent the NBA. Wait till the knicks get good you will see the appeal of the city.

Absolutely. Wouldn't you agree? Do you think the LeBrons, Kobes, Carmelos and Wades are going into New York and posting higher than average numbers for nothing? Of course not. I do think the Knicks will improve as a team but not through acquiring a superstar. I think it's more likely that they'll pick up two all-stars than a superstar and a solid supporting cast.

TheKing23
03-15-2010, 10:01 PM
If Danny Granger was LeBron people would care what he says...

BaustinSali08
03-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Wow, people who say Danny should shut up don't understand the concept of asking a question and answering it.

Eagles4Lyfe
03-15-2010, 10:06 PM
sucks for pacers fans LMAO atleast they know whats going to happen when hes a FA

IU Hoosiers 3
03-15-2010, 10:09 PM
ehh he answered a question..i just love the HUGE lebron poster that's outside of MSG..makes me smile haha

bkmikeyy
03-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Lebron and his huge ego needs the bright lights of NYC and yes he plays more motivated in the garden now and I think that would continue if he were to wear a Knick jersey. NYC will give him the opportunity to be the greatest NBA player ever, in Cleveland he will remain behind Kobe among active players.

BaustinSali08
03-15-2010, 10:11 PM
sucks for pacers fans LMAO atleast they know whats going to happen when hes a FA

He just signed an extension this last year to stay with the pacers :p

Young and Stupid
03-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Did anybody make the 3rd person joke yet because YounG n STuPiD thinks this would be a good time to break it out......

See what I did there :rimshot: :clap: :bow:

Giaps
03-15-2010, 10:17 PM
It's funny that when somebody says Lebron should stay in Cleveland, it's blown up. When someone says he should go to NY, everybody gets all sensitive.

Magic Johnson said Lebron should go to NY. He should stfu too then.

Giaps
03-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I think you are showing your age. You are used to the recent Knicks being bad and seeing Lebron, Kobe and others dominate them. Jordan and Reggie and countless others always get up to have big games at Madison Square Garden... why? Because they understand it is the biggest stage and center of attention with all the media that's there. So what does that also say? That the NY market is not just hype, but real fact.

There are plenty who would love to play here but were never given the chance. Do I believe Lebron would love to play here? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he will leave Cleveland. Even when NY is good, people still want to come here and put on a show against them. When the Knicks are good and they are playing another good team, the media hype is 2nd to none.

Raph12
03-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Makes sense... Having Amare go there with him and D'Antoni coaching won't hurt either.

Knowledge
03-15-2010, 10:31 PM
I have never understood this argument. Can someone please explain to me how Lebron can possible get more famous or get more endorsement deals? He is already one of, if not, the face of the league. Where he plays wont change that. Even if people know nothing about the Cavaliers, they know Lebron James. The dude is 25/26 and already has a documentary ( I know it was his high school team, but people went to see Lebron's childhood experiences and friends.

td0tsfinest
03-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Danny Granger to New York?

Hustla23
03-15-2010, 10:40 PM
I have never understood this argument. Can someone please explain to me how Lebron can possible get more famous or get more endorsement deals? He is already one of, if not, the face of the league. Where he plays wont change that. Even if people know nothing about the Cavaliers, they know Lebron James. The dude is 25/26 and already has a documentary ( I know it was his high school team, but people went to see Lebron's childhood experiences and friends.
This may not mean much but I know so many people who have never heard of Lebron James, but they have heard of Kobe Bryant.

I'd use this to say that this was due to the markets they play in but I'll keep quiet :)

Yankee Lifer
03-15-2010, 10:47 PM

No he probably doesnt care what hethinks but if hes a smart business man and really wants to sell himself then he is thinking along the lines of Granger. Big difference/

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2010, 10:47 PM
if im an NBA player, i would want to play for my home town (Chicago) or go to LA or Orlando, and Miami. especially now with the teams they have and what Miami could have and the nice weather. so if i were lebron, i would go to miami personally.

Daze9900
03-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Lol can't wait to pick up granger.

Knowledge
03-15-2010, 11:04 PM
This may not mean much but I know so many people who have never heard of Lebron James, but they have heard of Kobe Bryant.

I'd use this to say that this was due to the markets they play in but I'll keep quiet :)

Those people must live in Caves because you couldn't avoid Lebron James even if you wanted to . . . . . . . or it could be because your a Knicks fan :)

The dude is Nike' comercials, McDonald commercials, State farm commericals and has not only been constantly seen with Jay z but also has been on stage with him. He songs dedicated to him from rapper like Young Jeezy to rockers like Buckethead ans has been in music videos.

You see way more of Lebron on TV than you see of Kobe. Kobe has the Nike commercials and that is about it. He is the golden boy of sports, not just the nba.

edit: Also he was ranked #1 in Forbes top earners under 25, I believe. I dont mean this in a offensive way, but IMO NY needs Lebron way more than Lebron will ever need NY.

ldc62
03-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Who cares what Danny Granger thinks.

_KB24_
03-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Why the hell are you guys flaming on Granger? The dumbass reporter was the one to ask him the question. There's been a silent cue going around the NBA and many people think that Lebron will bolt to NY. CDR, Lee, and now Granger have all spoken on it.

ldc62
03-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Why the hell are you guys flaming on Granger? The dumbass reporter was the one to ask him the question. There's been a silent cue going around the NBA and many people think that Lebron will bolt to NY. CDR, Lee, and now Granger have all spoken on it.

Looks like the great ones keep their mouths shut.

kArSoN RyDaH
03-16-2010, 12:35 AM

do you have a link to that? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

chrism8188
03-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Danny is a beast, and its jus a opinion everyone gots one. LBJ is "the king" but ppl need to stop riding him. sound like a bunch of yes men all over the place. And it don't matter where he go he will tear it up anywhere.

D1JM
03-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Finally, an nba player admits the truth. Cleveland may be a great city but it does not compare to New York. New York offers Lebron James more than Cleveland ever will, especially now we have the cap space to sign 2 superstars.

two superstars with a bunch of mediocre players. Good luck winning a championship

D1JM
03-16-2010, 01:03 AM

cuz granger is stupid enough to answer the question instead of saying i dont know you'll have to ask him.

Raph12
03-16-2010, 01:40 AM

Playing alongside Amare in D'Antoni's system will make him look even better, therefore, more endorsements and more money.

Winning a ring or two wouldn't hurt either.

sventhedog
03-16-2010, 01:56 AM
what danny granger really meant to say is this:

"lebron, since all you care about is how to get attention instead of basketball, why not go to new york so you can fulfill your dream and be a full-pledged clown."

CAVS21
03-16-2010, 03:35 AM

Alot of people have heard of Kobe only because of the "Colorado situation" not his game.....and as far as people who you claim to know that don't know who LBJ is they must live in caves without television and internet.

CAVS21
03-16-2010, 03:39 AM
what danny granger really meant to say is this:

"lebron, since all you care about is how to get attention instead of basketball, why not go to new york so you can fulfill your dream and be a full-pledged clown."

you're right.....you can really tell he doesn't care about anything but attention....:facepalm: 52-15 is the record of a team with a star who doesn't care lmao at you buddy

29$JerZ
03-16-2010, 03:47 AM
LBJ is already popular, he necessarily wouldn't get more exposure worldwide but he'd be the hot topic 24/7 for all media outlets imo. Not sure that's something a player would look forward to but I hope I'm wrong :shrug:

JordansBulls
03-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Would he already be considered the greatest Knick player in history?

J-Relo
03-16-2010, 08:29 AM

the reporter who asked?... :facepalm:

J-Relo
03-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Would he already be considered the greatest Knick player in history?

he would have to play first... if he doe sthe same as he is doing now - yes...

prodigy
03-16-2010, 08:31 AM

I did not think about that lol. Well we all know whats on Grangers mind and its not winning.

Jays Claw
03-16-2010, 10:40 AM
The thing is, Danny Granger is not LeBron James. :facepalm:

Corey
03-16-2010, 10:50 AM
The immaturity in this thread is astounding.