PDA

View Full Version : Floyd: "Manny got exposed. When's the last time you saw my face messed up like that?"

Bravo95
03-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Self proclaimed pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., 33, watched on as Manny Pacquiao blasted his outmatched opponent from the opening bell. Mayweather, however, maintains that he was not impressed with the performance and claims that despite losing, Joshua Clottey ‘exposed’ the Filipino superstar.

“Personally, I think Pacquiao got exposed in that fight for being one-dimensional. You can have all [the] offence ability in the world but with no defense you’re not going to last long against a good counter puncher such as myself. Look at the way Clottey was getting through, each time he threw something it landed. Then at the end Pacquiao’s was all busted up, when’s the last time you’ve seen my face all messed up like that? That’s the difference between an amateur and a true pound for pound boxer.”

“I think Pacquiao gave the fans a boring fight, he was punching his arms for all 12 rounds. At least when you watch Floyd Mayweather, you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutes straight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st . “

While 51,000 people were in attendance in the Texas stadium, Mayweather claims this number is abysmal compared to the attendance number he would have set.

“The attendance numbers ain’t nothing compared to what I have drawn in the past or what I would have drawn if that was me in the ring that night, everybody knows that. Half those seats were empty in the back and people say Pacquiao is a draw? Let’s not forget who generated a revenue of 2.5 million dollars in one fight alone. The only reason why he's popular is because he's an ethnic minority and from the Philippines, so it's something special. If he was from Africa, he would be just another boxer.”

Initially, the boxing mega fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao seemed a go for March 13th until the Mayweather camp insisted of Olympic-style drug testing which Pacquiao was not willing to undergo.

“The thing is I am just looking out for the good of the sport, everyone should compete on a fair level but [Pacquiao] doesn’t want that. I’m not going to say what he is or isn’t on, but lets just say that HGH is one hell of a drug. All roads lead to Floyd Mayweather, we all know that. If he wants to fight me, he doesn’t have to look far. Just look for the biggest mansion in Vegas and that’s me. The matter of the fact is I put the offer on the table and he declined ain’t no two ways about it, he doesn’t want anything to do with a true pound for pound fighter. Once I get [Shane] Mosley out the way then we’ll see what Pacquiao has to say. Until then I don’t want to hear about him or nothing.”

BANG! :laugh2:

jetsforever
03-15-2010, 06:29 PM
He does bring up a good point. Floyd never even gets touched. Clottey did land some quality shots.

H.E.R.
03-15-2010, 09:19 PM
He does bring up a good point. Floyd never even gets touched. Clottey did land some quality shots.

When Pacquiao let him throw.

That was a fake article or Mayweather's an idiot. Either is believable.

2009mvp
03-15-2010, 10:07 PM
At least when you watch Floyd Mayweather, you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutes straight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st . “

He's not THAT delusional, is he?

Anyways, OP you got a link?

albertc86
03-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Floyd spoke too soon. He still has to fight Mosley and he's just as likely to be exposed as well.

H.E.R.
03-15-2010, 10:28 PM
He's not THAT delusional, is he?

Anyways, OP you got a link?

Reported here first.
http://www.cagereport.net/Floyd-Mayweather-I-think-Pacquiao-got-exposed-in-that-fight.html

BoxingScene put it up after. Take that for what it's worth.

ccspence8
03-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Pacman wasn't wrecked...and it was a boring fight because Clottey never lowered his hands the whole ****ing fight. Pacman wasn't trying to defend he threw more than 3x as many punches as Clottey. If anything it shows that Manny doesn't tire and Mayweather is in trouble.

NYKnickFanatic
03-16-2010, 02:42 AM
At least when you watch Floyd Mayweather, you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutes straight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st .

:yawn: Come on Floyd...lets be serious.

Mosley will be the one attacking the whole night while you protect your pretty face.

I think I rather see a Pacquiao vs Mosley instead of Pacquiao vs Mayweather...that would be a non stop action packed fight.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Lol what a dumbass.

Empty seats?

Maybe because it sat 100,000 people. They were only going to seat 40,000 but it went to 51,000. What a ***.

He didn't get exposed. He got hit only because he didn't do any defense at all. He was too busy attacking the guy.

Padres Son
03-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Gotta give Floyd credit... he's one of the best **** talkers the sport's ever had.

Obviously most of what he's saying is completely ridiculous, but he's basically already working on selling PPV for the fight that everyone wants to see.

steelcityroller
03-16-2010, 01:33 PM
“I think Pacquiao gave the fans a boring fight, he was punching his arms for all 12 rounds. At least when you watch Floyd Mayweather, you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutes straight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st . “

LMAO. I think most would agree that Manny Pacquiao is many times over more exciting to watch than Floyd Mayweather Jr. running away for 12 rounds. People like to see fights finished and Manny P has finished 4 of his last 5 fights while Mayweather has went to a decision 4 of his last 5 fights. But hey the guy has to promote the fight....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-16-2010, 01:35 PM
:facepalm: Floyd, I pray to the Lord that Shane kicks your're ***.

amoore87
03-16-2010, 01:40 PM
this is how it is----->>>> pacquiao can take them shots. if you watched the cotto fight before this one, pacman was taking "a lot" of early shots but they didnt affect him as the fight continued. mayweather is a defensive genious!! BUT, when pacquiao starts unloading over a thousand punches on him, the pretty boy wont be so pretty anymore!! AND THATS A FACT!!!

DCB/LAL
03-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Well he's right about what he said Manny is just no match for Floyd so he's right about everything he said except for...

At least when you watch Floyd Mayweather, you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutes straight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st .

For many who dont really understand boxing Floyd is a boring fighter, I love watching him fight he's so sound defensively and so smart in the ring but I can understand people no enjoying his style.

But everything else was right on. Although Floyd shouldn't be commenting on Manny when he's facing the tougher fighter in SSM thats who he should worry about SSM is the better and tougher fighter between him and Manny.

CityofTreez
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Money Mayweather

Padres Son
03-16-2010, 07:32 PM
For many who dont really understand boxing Floyd is a boring fighter, I love watching him fight he's so sound defensively and so smart in the ring but I can understand people no enjoying his style.

But everything else was right on. Although Floyd shouldn't be commenting on Manny when he's facing the tougher fighter in SSM thats who he should worry about SSM is the better and tougher fighter between him and Manny.

He's like the Tim Duncan of boxing. Fundamentally nearly perfect, dominant, and one of the best ever... but not the most exciting to watch.

2009mvp
03-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Well he's right about what he said Manny is just no match for Floyd so he's right about everything he said except for...

:laugh2: I'm a huge Shane fan and that statement right there is a pile of bull. A 39 year old Sugar, while still an elite welterweight with quick hands and loads of power, isn't on the same level as Manny Pacquiao.

JJ_JKidd
03-16-2010, 09:24 PM
1. Manny got busted because he allowed himself to be hit just so he could knock out Clottey, or hit him at the very least.

2. Floyd should take care of SSM first before he talks crap. IMHO, I bet he got scared w/ Manny throwing those ton of punches for 12 rounds non-stop. As a result, if he takes care of SSM he prolly do a lot of trash talking again. Hopefully this fires up Manny and he'd agree to that drug testing thing and beat the F out of that GAYWEATHER!

DCB/LAL
03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
:laugh2: I'm a huge Shane fan and that statement right there is a pile of bull. A 39 year old Sugar, while still an elite welterweight with quick hands and loads of power, isn't on the same level as Manny Pacquiao.

SSM may be 39 but he's in great shape and is one of those boxers that last even though I dont understand how his style is quick and pushes a fight and you'd figure a 39 year old with that style of fighting would lose a step but he really hasn't not that ive seen anyway. Hopkins was great into his 40's but he had a different style than Mosley he was more of a defense type fighter Mosley isn't which is a head scratcher but Mosley has always been in great shape. I believe Mosley is the better and tougher fighter out of him and Pac-man but thats just my opinion I guess. :shrug:

Bravo95
03-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Looks like the interview was a hoax after all :laugh2: still hilarious though...

Earlier today, two members of Team Mayweather reached out to ***********.com to set the record straight regarding an alleged interview circulating all over the internet with Floyd Mayweather Jr. From what I was told, the interview, which calls Pacquiao a one-dimensional fighter and downplays his performance against Joshua Clottey - is 100% fabricated. The interview first originated on a website called Cage Report. Numerous websites and overseas newspapers have used quotes from the interview.

One member of Team Mayweather told B************* - "Floyd did not do any interviews. Floyd has not watched the fight yet."
Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach told B************* - "I don't believe that" - when he was advised Mayweather did not watch last Saturday's fight.

SOURCE (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=26070)
Don't know if I believe that Floyd didn't watch the fight, knowing Manny could very well be his next opponent

2009mvp
03-17-2010, 12:17 AM
^^Honestly, I was sold on the entire interview until the "HGH is a hell of a drug" line. That just didn't seem right. Everything else I could have imagined coming outta Floyd's mouth.

Bravo95
03-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Exactly. I usually don't trust a lot of things I read online, but none of what was written here sounded outta character so I rolled with it like everybody else. Now had he given a whole bunch of praise to Manny after the fight, that would've been suspect :laugh2:

ULT WARRIOR408
03-24-2010, 05:05 PM
:facepalm: Floyd, I pray to the Lord that Shane kicks your're ***.

X's 2:nod::cheers:

Raps18-19 Champ
03-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Mosley better than Pacman?

Now I've heard it all.

DCB/LAL
03-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Mosley better than Pacman?

Now I've heard it all.

He is why is he not? There is reason Manny doesn't wanna fight him or Floyd and if he retires it's because he is just doesn't wanna fight them which is obvious at this point.

quiksilver2491
03-25-2010, 03:54 PM
He is why is he not? There is reason Manny doesn't wanna fight him or Floyd and if he retires it's because he is just doesn't wanna fight them which is obvious at this point.

Please just stop :facepalm:

You obviously don't know too much about boxing if you really believe that, there is a reason why no one in this thread has yet to agree with you. It's obvious you don't like Pacquiao, I'm not his biggest fan either, but give the guy his due, he is clearly better then SSM and he would be the first to beat Mayweather if the two were set to fight.

jetsfan28
03-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Great, then he shouldn't be so worried about having Manny tested for roids right before the fight.

DCB/LAL
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Please just stop :facepalm:

You obviously don't know too much about boxing if you really believe that, there is a reason why no one in this thread has yet to agree with you. It's obvious you don't like Pacquiao, I'm not his biggest fan either, but give the guy his due, he is clearly better then SSM and he would be the first to beat Mayweather if the two were set to fight.

How would you know that? He has never fought SSM. People always tend to overreact when someone says something people dont agree even though there is no way to know. How do you know SSM wouldn't beat Manny? Great fighters sometimes run into guys who give them problems for reasons people dont know take JMM against Manny or even with Roy and Tarver I thought Roy was gonna destroy Tarver but it was qutie the opposite Tarver pretty much ended Roys career. And you tell me to give Manny his due but refuse to give an UNDEFEATED Mayweather his by saying Manny would give him his first loss? Being a hypocrite much?

AddiX
03-26-2010, 10:30 PM
No matter how much I dont think Shane can beat Manny or Floyd, I look in his corner and realize he has Richardson as his head trainer and Hopkins helping out.

That's 3 die hard boxing fanatics who study the sport religiously. Not only that but all 3 are Muslim. Everyone in boxing knows, being a muslim and boxing are as good a combo as you can ask for. I know I wouldn't want to be the trainer or fighter on the opposite side of those 3.

Phool™
03-27-2010, 10:43 PM
buy foreman grill

drobe86
03-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Floyd will lose vs. Shane Mosley.... You heard it here first.....