PDA

View Full Version : How can the NBA be more interesting in 2010?

fairandbalanced
03-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Give us a scenario that will make the NBA very interesting after the 2010 off-season?

I would love to see a scenario play out, that will have Lebron go to NY, Wade to L.A, Melo to the Bulls, Bosh joins lebron in N.Y and somehow the Celtics add Durrant.

Imagine a Christmas day game featuring (Lakers) Wade/Kobe vs (Knicks) Lebron/Bosh @ Madison Square garden...and (Bulls) Melo/Rose facing (Celtics) Durrant/Rondo and the 3 wise men @ Boston T.D Garden....

-----------------------
Fantasy is a bad thing

mikantsass
03-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Give us a scenario that will make the NBA very interesting after the 2010 off-season?

I would love to see a scenario play out, that will have Lebron go to NY, Wade to L.A, Melo to the Bulls, Bosh joins lebron in N.Y and somehow the Celtics add Durrant.

Imagine a Christmas day game featuring (Lakers) Wade/Kobe vs (Knicks) Lebron/Bosh @ Madison Square garden...and (Bulls) Melo/Rose facing (Celtics) Durrant/Rondo and the 3 wise men @ Boston T.D Garden....

-----------------------
Fantasy is a bad thing

We can add a steel cage and for every jump ball called, those 2 players have to fight a 3 round fight for possession...

We can have naked women do the announcing...

We can create an expansion team in Mexico and make their starting lineup CP3, Wade, Melo, Lebron, Dwight.....

Jack of Blades
03-15-2010, 03:15 PM
I think Durant to Boston would be bad for the NBA.

Raph12
03-15-2010, 04:13 PM
No lockout.

soonabooma
03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Why would Durant want to downgrade by going to Boston? Those fools are hanging on by a very thin thread.:D

DodgerBulls
03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
A lottery for all the teams. Start fresh by having all players participating. That would be something! hahaha

sep11ie
03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Lower the hoops to 7 feet so Chuck Hayes can dunk, play with 2 basketballs, the naked women announcing thing, and more Mike James!

mser58
03-15-2010, 06:13 PM
We can add a steel cage and for every jump ball called, those 2 players have to fight a 3 round fight for possession...

We can create an expansion team in Mexico and make their starting lineup CP3, Wade, Melo, Lebron, Dwight.....

Dam beat me to first sarcastic answer

HoopsDrive
03-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Easy.

1. Shot clock of 3 seconds; clock does not stop on changing possessions - Just imagine the scoreboards if this is implemented! A field goal of 15% would be considered excellent!!

2. Every 3 ball dribbles, the player with possession is required to make a pass; a TO is recorded and possession is switched to the opposing team in case the pass is not done - Just think about the possibilities on this one, the game becomes much more team oriented. Guys will pass it all the time otherwise they will TO the ball to the other team. Right on.

3. Only dunking rule; layups, jump shots and 3pt attempts will not be counted; hail maries at the discretion of the referee - WOW!!! No commets.

4. Touch and go rule; any one player is only allowed to hold onto the ball for 2 seconds max otherwise a TO is recorded and possession changes to the opposing team - If you are a fan of the Phoenix Suns style of play then you're gonna LOVE this.

superkegger
03-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Easy.

1. Shot clock of 3 seconds; clock does not stop on changing possessions - Just imagine the scoreboards if this is implemented! A field goal of 15% would be considered excellent!!

2. Every 3 ball dribbles, the player with possession is required to make a pass; a TO is recorded and possession is switched to the opposing team in case the pass is not done - Just think about the possibilities on this one, the game becomes much more team oriented. Guys will pass it all the time otherwise they will TO the ball to the other team. Right on.

3. Only dunking rule; layups, jump shots and 3pt attempts will not be counted; hail maries at the discretion of the referee - WOW!!! No commets.

4. Touch and go rule; any one player is only allowed to hold onto the ball for 2 seconds max otherwise a TO is recorded and possession changes to the opposing team - If you are a fan of the Phoenix Suns style of play then you're gonna LOVE this.

I hope you are incredibly high right now. Because those are some of the worst ideas, not just in regards to basketball, but in regards to ideas in general I have ever seen.

MacFitz92
03-15-2010, 07:41 PM
I think we should add a "Civil War" game to the All Star game.

SOUTH
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Steve Nash
SF: Dirk Nowitzki
PF: David Lee
C: Andrew Bogut

vs.

NORTH
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Amare Stoudamire
C: Dwight Howard

Go South! :laugh2:

superkegger
03-15-2010, 07:43 PM
I think we should add a "Civil War" game to the All Star game.

SOUTH
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Steve Nash
SF: Dirk Nowitzki
PF: David Lee
C: Andrew Bogut

vs.

NORTH
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Amare Stoudamire
C: Dwight Howard

Go South! :laugh2:

**** yeah, hooray for racisim. Nothing would make the NBA better like revving up racial tensions. Awesome idea!

We should also pay white guys more, give them better locker rooms, and have a more comfortable area of the bench for them. Their shots should also count for more points, and they should get 3 steps.

NPH
03-15-2010, 07:53 PM

We could have naked women do the playing.....

Raph12
03-15-2010, 08:05 PM
**** yeah, hooray for racisim. Nothing would make the NBA better like revving up racial tensions. Awesome idea!

We should also pay white guys more, give them better locker rooms, and have a more comfortable area of the bench for them. Their shots should also count for more points, and they should get 3 steps.

You forgot getting white refs as well, so the white team can never lose.

superkegger
03-15-2010, 08:07 PM
You forgot getting white refs as well, so the white team can never lose.

and we should probably segregate the crowd. White can sit in the lower deck, minorities can sit in the upper deck.

flea
03-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I hope you are incredibly high right now. Because those are some of the worst ideas, not just in regards to basketball, but in regards to ideas in general I have ever seen.

rofl

HoopsDrive
03-15-2010, 09:15 PM

I don't see how it's bad??!?! It would make bball much fasteeeeeeerrrr...

PHX2daDEATH
03-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I think they should disband bad franchises, 1 from each division

Minnesota, New Orleans (Take your pick between GS, SAC or LAC), NJ or Tor, Indiana (Yeah sorry guys, the whole using the pennants as KKK hoods back in the 90's says you dont deserve professional basketball in your state) and either Washington or Charlotte...

Take all these players from these teams and re-draft them to the current teams, Worst record picks first and so on and so on..

This is how you make the league more competive and more interesting

Ovratd1up
03-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Have the franchise with the worst record in the league eliminated from the NBA every year, starting in 2012 to give teams some time to build and also get the apocalyptic theme rolling. Start with 30 teams then begin narrowing down the league until there are about 16 teams left and then have a league-wide redraft with the original 30 teams (every 16 years).

That would create serious tension. I guarantee there would never be a team winning less than 20 games a year again, because they want to remain employed. Not only would this make the NBA much more entertaining, it would thoroughly eliminate tanking, several times over.

GspLAL
03-15-2010, 09:58 PM
there's probably gonna be a lockout so...

albertc86
03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Simple. More parity.

GspLAL
03-15-2010, 10:04 PM

-----------------------
Fantasy is a bad thing

To actually answer the question. Make playoff series' best of 3, remove star treatment. The NFL is interesting/exciting every year because you just don't know who's gonna make it to the Superbowl but in the NBA you can predict.

albertc86
03-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I believe Jerry West supported the idea of doing away with the poor performing teams. I think it's a great idea for the NBA but bad for the cities that would be losing their home team. The league is too watered down.

PHX2daDEATH
03-15-2010, 11:07 PM
I believe Jerry West supported the idea of doing away with the poor performing teams. I think it's a great idea for the NBA but bad for the cities that would be losing their home team. The league is too watered down.

exactly, teams with poor revenue, poor attendance, teams that are just trying to make a profit.. There are too many bad teams..i say the MLB does too

iggypop123
03-15-2010, 11:10 PM

-----------------------
Fantasy is a bad thing

cocaine is one hell of a drug

desertlakeshow
03-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Easy, Less parity.
No salary cap.
one year contracts only.

_KB24_
03-15-2010, 11:18 PM
The Lakers will be going for their 2nd 3-peat with Kobe and Co.

td0tsfinest
03-15-2010, 11:25 PM
No lockout.

:nod:

Raptor Analyst
03-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I know alot people will kill me for this answer. However sometimes I think it would be interesting to have tournaments like the NCAA.

GST4TE
03-16-2010, 02:34 AM
I know alot people will kill me for this answer. However sometimes I think it would be interesting to have tournaments like the NCAA.

..you mean like the playoffs?

mightybosstone
03-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Re-draft the entire league. The draft order should be based on your franchise's success in the postseason. The Clippers, by rule, are allowed the first two overall picks, but unfortunately the Clippers curse will strike when Lebron and Dwight both have serious career ending knee injuries that will then ruin the entire league. But it WOULD be interesting!

Sadds The Gr8
03-16-2010, 03:03 AM

^This.

:facepalm: @ the OP's ideas...

sep11ie
03-16-2010, 10:45 AM
and we should probably segregate the crowd. White can sit in the lower deck, minorities can sit in the upper deck.

Who'd serve the beer and hotdogs?:D

sixers247
03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha and to the person who said all the white people in the good seats and all the colored up top....isnt that how it already is???

fairandbalanced
03-16-2010, 12:30 PM

Great idea, I get to sit close to Jay z, Beyonce and maybe Spike Lee :rolleyes:

Guys stop the nonsense, if your IQ is too low to understand the point to this tread, please stay out of it.

GO COOGS
03-16-2010, 12:34 PM
We should have a WAYYYYY better dunk contest next year with people who really wanna dunk....and a new scoring system

RaiderLakersA's
03-16-2010, 01:50 PM
1. Add a hockey goalie on a trampoline in front of each basket.

2. Allow tackling.

3. Install a special flash camera. On every dunk, cheerleaders/dancers flash the home audience. You can, of course, set your cable box to blur out the unmentionables.

4. At halftime of each game, viewers get the chance to win a player's game check.

5. Download real time transcripts of all "smack talk."

6. The other halftime raffle: win a date with a player's wife/girlfriend.

7. My personal choice: Every time my team scores, I score with the Miami Heat Dancers.

Niro
03-16-2010, 02:34 PM
1. Add a hockey goalie on a trampoline in front of each basket.

2. Allow tackling.

3. Install a special flash camera. On every dunk, cheerleaders/dancers flash the home audience. You can, of course, set your cable box to blur out the unmentionables.

4. At halftime of each game, viewers get the chance to win a player's game check.

5. Download real time transcripts of all "smack talk."

6. The other halftime raffle: win a date with a player's wife/girlfriend.

7. My personal choice: Every time my team scores, I score with the Miami Heat Dancers.

haha lovin it

ko8e24
03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Bring back the Peacock Network.

THE NBA on NBC, with Bob Costas

PHX2daDEATH
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Fire David Stern and let Bill Russell, Jerry West or Jerry Colangelo become commissioner...the guy was a lawyer for crying outloud...

jetsfan28
03-16-2010, 03:53 PM
5 game round 1 of playoffs (2-2-1), make all other series 2-2-1-1-1 instead of the terrible 2-3-2

IRUAM #21
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM

-----------------------
Fantasy is a bad thing

:laugh2:

xabial
03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Take away guaranteed contracts so bums like Curry dont get paid just to eat all you can eat buffets.
Yes i know he lost weight but he got paid 10M last year just to play 3 games, and is about to get paid 11M just for Playing less than 20 games (If he plays at all)

basketfan4life
03-29-2010, 10:22 PM

nba is the only league i know that worst teams don't go to one level down league(i don't watch other american sports).all aroound the world,this is the system and its pretty competitive...you can see worst teams beat the best ones to get rid of elimination at the end of seasons,they all play die hard.

Team*Chicago
03-29-2010, 10:51 PM

:laugh2: That was funny as hell.

MTone8788
03-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Bring Ahmad Rashad back to ABC

heathonater
03-29-2010, 11:39 PM
bring back three nba games on sunday like they used to with nbc back in the day.

Sly Guy
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
fix the officiating and the terrible 'star calls'

Fireworld
03-30-2010, 02:14 AM
/

mr_relevant
03-30-2010, 02:52 AM
No lockout and stricter rules on the salary cap.

DitchDat
03-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Lower the hoops to 7 feet so Chuck Hayes can dunk, play with 2 basketballs, the naked women announcing thing, and more Mike James!

yeah me too

CheeznWingz
03-30-2010, 06:01 AM
By folding the league.

FarOutIos
03-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Let's see, how about more shots during the game? No not with the ball, alcoholic shots. Like tequila shots. Each team's players must do one shot before the game starts. And one at the end of each quarter.

Come to think of if, we might as well make it so that everyone has to take a shot. Coaches. Cheerleaders. Announcers. Fans (except kids- that would be crazy)... even the mascots. Maybe doubles for mascots and PF/C's.

The games would be much more fun to watch...

LeBroom
03-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Let's see, how about more shots during the game? No not with the ball, alcoholic shots. Like tequila shots. Each team's players must do one shot before the game starts. And one at the end of each quarter.

Come to think of if, we might as well make it so that everyone has to take a shot. Coaches. Cheerleaders. Announcers. Fans (except kids- that would be crazy)... even the mascots. Maybe doubles for mascots and PF/C's.

The games would be much more fun to watch...

Then Ron Artest will be the League MVP if this happens.